PDA

View Full Version : Which tank does the most dps?

Alpen
05-23-2015, 03:25 PM
I want to go tank cause i like being hard to kill, but i want to be able to do a good amount of damage too. Whats the best class to go. I was thinking blighter??

Gamemako
05-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Blighter is not a tank. Actually, the decent tanks all have low DPS; if they had high DPS, they would be OP. Plus, the good tanks are magic tanks.

Just take any bruiser like Abolisher, Stone Arrow, or whatever else with a DPS skillset (Battlerage/Archery/Sorcery) and Defense. Chances are, since you mentioned melee, you should just go Abolisher like everyone else.

Arrack
05-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Paladins make great tanks. And support.

Blighter is great at ad-tanking with plenty of AoE and defense.

Abolisher is great, and for a SnB warrior there really isn't a better alternative.

Zephyres
05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
For PvP small scale, sounds like you would want to go blighter. Blighter has a much larger punch but you won't be a real tank in larger scales because of lack of CC break and magic defense. The style is much more cautious than Abolisher but the reward is better damage.

Abolisher is much more dependent on weapon so you won't necessarily kill much till Delph grade weapon because of how much weaker/ more clunky the combos are. Also on even-geared opponents you shouldn't expect to see 100-to-0 like you sometimes will with Blighter. But Abolisher is more rounded and forgiving in playstyle, and maybe little more flexable than Blighter in how you approach things. Abolisher is a "real" tank while blighter is more of a bruiser (tanky side but spikey damage).

I can't speak much for Paladins 1v1 but they have the lowest/slowest damage of the 3 but obviously the best sustain. In general I would say Pally is probably the worst in a solo situation but best in a team because of support heals. I haven't seen any good ones with well enough gear to accurately judge but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

On the thread title, DPS is a PvE term. Purely for PvE, Blighter and Abolisher are probably the same DPS which means Abolisher will usually have an edge in PvE.

Pvris
05-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Hexblade does a decent amount of mixed DPS while also being able to tank.

Hodor69
05-24-2015, 08:32 AM
This is a PVE response.

Battle shadow defense
Keep your bloodthirst stacks up then when they near 20 you should have already used stalkers mark previously so when you drop your overwhelm it trips target. Port to their backside and hit with backstab precision strike. That combo is really rng but if you get double crits you may see some big numbers depending on gear. Pet taunt can also be used instead of trip back port combo. Thats about as much dps as you will get for a tank.

However be warned you have no sustain (mana regen), so you gonna be popping pots like people popped lines off a hookers bum in the 80s. For this reason i went darkrunner. I still have same dps as above, potentially more with inspire stacks. I even have -7% dmg passive in aura. Then you add the +evade in shadow and wear platemail (you're only grinding mobs) and you have some tankiness, but mostly high dps with a little survivability.

If you really want to just stick with tank, I played abolisher a while and really like it. It's got strong single target plus AOE, which lets you AOE farm mobs, much more efficient then 1 at a time. The defensive abilities are there, and the sustain is there. If you have a friend with bardsong you're basically invincible towards regular monsters and can pull 3, 4, 5, depends on gear of course. Make sure to take the 'reset battlerage abilities on parry' ability then gear up with parry gems, that one is a sweet thing to have. Take meditate for mana, and then the battlerage ability that lets your battlerage abilities cost 30% less mana. And then take the battlerage cooldown lessening ability and that thing will be up every other pull, you should never want for mana as an abolisher. Also protip, you do not need 5 pts aura to get inspire stacks at 3 all the time. With good planning/timing you can sunder earth, then twart a few sec later, then sunder earth again and youre at 3 stacks inspire and can stay at 3 stacks inspire. you would absolutely need the battlerage ability to lessen timers for that to work.

Kashi
05-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Keep in mind, most people will hold that Blighter isn't any role. If you call Blighter a tank, someone will say, "Blighter isn't a tank." If you call it DPS, someone will say, "Blighter isn't DPS." And this will go on and on for the rest of your time as a Blighter.

But to answer your question, if you mean you want to do a lot of damage and take a lot of hits, yes, Blighter is amazing at that. If you mean you want to face tank a boss for your guild, go Abolisher for the fight, then swap back to the cool, awesome Blighter that people refuse to assign a role too. They just jelly.

Gamemako
05-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Keep in mind, most people will hold that Blighter isn't any role. If you call Blighter a tank, someone will say, "Blighter isn't a tank." If you call it DPS, someone will say, "Blighter isn't DPS." And this will go on and on for the rest of your time as a Blighter.

Except it does have a role; it is a bruiser.

TheWiggler
05-26-2015, 05:54 AM
Wrong it's a sheet class just like gravesinger

Pirate Tony
05-26-2015, 06:09 AM
If there was no magic in the world Blighter would be the "tank" with best dps

Kenny
05-26-2015, 07:34 AM
oh you want to be tanky and also does good dps? that seems stronk right?

Dual wield credit card, swipe a good weapon and a good set of armor and play any class with DEF.