PDA

View Full Version : Rum Runner Rapids Event: Strong Riptide Notice

Scapes
05-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Adventurers,

The Rum Runner Rapids event has begun with today's update and we're already seeing lots of activity on the Loka River. Having fun along the river is definitely encouraged. However, we do have an important warning to issue: strong riptides have been grounding ships against the riverbank, blocking the river from being used for the event. If you encounter such a ship, alert a Game Master (http://support.trionworlds.com) and they will remove the ship from danger... by forcibly destroying it.

TLDR: Have fun. Don't block the Loka River with ships, please.

Oibaf the Bard
05-26-2015, 03:35 PM
What is the method to contact a Game master?

Felthswrath
05-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks!

Scapes
05-26-2015, 03:37 PM
What is the method to contact a Game master?

http://support.trionworlds.com

Khegobier
05-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Adventurers,

The Rum Runner Rapids event has begun with today's update and we're already seeing lots of activity on the Loka River. Having fun along the river is definitely encouraged. However, we do have an important warning to issue: strong riptides have been grounding ships against the riverbank, blocking the river from being used for the event. If you encounter such a ship, alert a Game Master (http://support.trionworlds.com) and they will remove the ship from danger... by forcibly destroying it.

TLDR: Have fun. Don't block the Loka River with ships, please.

So will repeated "offenses" result in a ban or not?

Scapes
05-26-2015, 03:59 PM
So will repeated "offenses" result in a ban or not?

On a case-by-case basis, yes.

Kenny
05-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Do you know how long they respond the ticket? ha-ha

Maybe the ship will get remove after 2 days. Or IF livechat is available it may be quicker, maybe 1 hour.

Bunnyleptic
05-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Do you know how long they respond the ticket? ha-ha

Maybe the ship will get remove after 2 days. Or IF livechat is available it may be quicker, maybe 1 hour.

Makes me wonder, what happend to Live Chat?

I only get the option to summit a ticket, but no option to contact Live Support...
The page has been changed a lot. How do people contact Live Support nowadays?

Animaester
05-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Makes me wonder, what happend to Live Chat?

I only get the option to summit a ticket, but no option to contact Live Support...
The page has been changed a lot. How do people contact Live Support nowadays?

It's a pop up by Zopim. It appears on the bottom left side my screen after signing in on the support page.

dapa
05-26-2015, 05:58 PM
On a case-by-case basis, yes.

I'm not sure arbitrary application of already inconsistent policies should be your strategy here.

Arsenal1
05-26-2015, 06:12 PM
The event is cool and all, but when there are people trolling the new event by summoning clippers/ships right in the water it is really ruining the fun. Needs to be fixed before people start to get even more pissed off.

Acruxio
05-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Just make imposible to use ships scrolls near the event and THAT would solve everything -.- also would be fun to allow summon ships BUT they get insta wreck XD...but THAT will never happen so just dont allow ships scroll near and we good^^

Nunja Business
05-26-2015, 09:28 PM
But don't block the rowboats, that was fun as hell riding that down!
So far, I have gone down 4 times - all without a barrel.
Once just me, once on my Snowlion, once on my Donkey and once in the rowboat.
No fatalities ... yet!

Simonz
05-27-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure arbitrary application of already inconsistent policies should be your strategy here.

it's very normal to have such answer, ofc they can't guarantee to ban every single person, at least they have made an official statment that this is an unacceptable and everyone doing it is in Risk of getting banned.

Thank you for doing that, hopefully that would be enough to scare these kids

Tracyfacey
05-27-2015, 12:51 AM
Come on... :confused: Everytime I have ever contacted live chat I have received the cookie cutter feedback...

I understand how frustrating this can be for you however live chat is unable to help with in game issues. You need to create a ticket...

This after 20 min of waiting to even chat with someone... Then the ticket takes a week (if you are lucky) to let you know someone is looking into your issue and they certainly understand how frustrating this can be for me too...

Then a week later I get the "Im sorry this has been frustrating for you however we have done all that we can do to help your situation."

Ugh... Customer service needs a tune up Scapes.

Drgreen89
05-27-2015, 02:24 AM
can i say before i speak, i use GHA liek a pro noob but i rock it!

i think this is stupid! pirating game where u cant pirate?

damn

not to mension ive never seen a scateboard need somuch metal and ♥♥♥♥ ! i hoep this has collision damage if not pfft, 2k creds if u dont wana farm? jeezes? i can get a real skateboard for that!

bt stil no boats lol, i cant see any problem havin fun with boats the clipper climbs alredy stoepd with the damage taken most ppl on this game are OP over me now any way so wheres the harm i know i wudnt mind a boat coming in for fun,

how about make it fun for them, and whirlpol the area up so its harder for boats to get in, and a challenge of fun ?

Kaylinsky
05-27-2015, 05:18 AM
They made the zones safe so everyone Pirates East and West could enjoy the fun without worry, so why am I not surprised people are trolling it.

Yes this game has tons of PVP and could be considered a PVP game but sometimes there is a time and place for such activities including even griefing. this isn't one of them though.
I am glad trion has made it known that summoning of boats to block the river is not acceptable

Stratagem
05-27-2015, 02:06 PM
A fine example...
http://imgur.com/8wlXhMP

Nibbledemon
05-28-2015, 06:38 AM
Where does this event start? I am unable to locate the NPC.

Kaylinsky
05-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Where does this event start? I am unable to locate the NPC.

Rookborne Basin if you port to scout camp and then run south towards Loka Steps you can't miss it. Once you complete the first river quest and turn in at the people in Windscour there is a rock behind the npc to port you back to rookborne for your second round down the river

Marinia
05-28-2015, 08:54 AM
What would be amazingly epic and wondrously fun (though likely not possible) is if players in the rapids "zone" were given a barrel skill that would allow them to blow up any non-barrel ships that were on the river in those zones.

Less work for you guys, and an incredible amount of fun and hilarity for us!

Musei
05-28-2015, 06:57 PM
And now troll guilds are parking carts on the first flag to block people from getting it and/or getting them stuck, plus harpooning barrels on their clippers.. Need more GM support for this..

Reborn By Fire
05-28-2015, 11:34 PM
And now troll guilds are parking carts on the first flag to block people from getting it and/or getting them stuck, plus harpooning barrels on their clippers.. Need more GM support for this..

offenders in events should have a block to access the events maps for the whole event duration . not ban but block on the area . this will make them suffer :p

Kaylinsky
05-29-2015, 07:21 AM
offenders in events should have a block to access the events maps for the whole event duration . not ban but block on the area . this will make them suffer :p

That could be a fun punishment agree with this. I haven't dealt with the trolls yet but I saw in faction yesterday after I completed people complaining others were summoning clippers and such

Traciatim
05-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Come on... :confused: Everytime I have ever contacted live chat I have received the cookie cutter feedback...

I understand how frustrating this can be for you however live chat is unable to help with in game issues. You need to create a ticket...

This after 20 min of waiting to even chat with someone... Then the ticket takes a week (if you are lucky) to let you know someone is looking into your issue and they certainly understand how frustrating this can be for me too...

Then a week later I get the "Im sorry this has been frustrating for you however we have done all that we can do to help your situation."

Ugh... Customer service needs a tune up Scapes.

This is so true. My last ticket that was answered took a week to just be closed with no resolution. Is the only way to get actual support to post things on the forums and get your stuff bumped to the head of the line?

Mrx
05-29-2015, 10:24 AM
To many spots to get stuck on the river in the Rum Runner Rapids Event! /escape :(

Zhupigen
06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey i cant find the right thread so i hope you can answer me here. i am trying to find out how many achievments for the event there is so i can figure out for some guild members if they have a chance of getting both the dolphin and the carrot wings but i cant find any page that shows what achiements there will be in this event. hope somebody can help

Odoq
06-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Achievements are: crafting strawberry barrel, run novice 5 times, run advanced 5 times, and drink the beer 5 times... There is an additional bonus if you craft the watermelon barrel. If you click on achievements / general and on the bottom is seasonal.

Calmethar
06-03-2015, 12:42 AM
@Scapes: Could we have the cooldown of the "Hangover Cures" removed or lowered significantly, please?

It's a pain getting them used on alts :/