PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Housing? +1 if you like the idea

Kaguramishi
05-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Me and my brother were talking about housing, and BOOM we thought how cool would it be to have underwater housing? I'm talking above and beyond bungalow housing, I'm talking about some sponge bob square pants housing. Maybe something without a front door. The idea of swimming down and through a small tunnel to reach the interior much like an igloo would work but just underwater, and on the inside there would be no water. I realize that would probably cause a huge strain server side dividing up the ocean like that (and could even be impossible giving the games current water mechanics) but hey it's food for thought right :)

Nunja Business
05-31-2015, 11:22 AM
It is a great idea, but definitely one that would take some major programming changes due to the physics of water behavior and all.
But still a good one, especially if combined with aquatic farms (which REALLY need to be expanded badly.)
The developers are really missing the boat (pun intended) on Aquatic Farming.

DjinniGenie
05-31-2015, 12:08 PM
We've seen that water can fill up and drain in a space in more than one quest in the game. Sharpwind Mines in the West comes to mind as well as a mistfiend quest on the East side. It is conceivable that they could have a room that drains water and allows you to pass into dry quarters. I think underwater tubes and tunnels and housing could be really fun! Maybe an entrance that drains connected to a merchant hub and then tube streets that let you connect a home entrance to them?

JerryBoyle
05-31-2015, 12:14 PM
I've always been a supporter of undersea housing and expanding aquafarms to be more equal to farming on land. Only problem I see is being able to warp to it when it's close to certain locations aka as FD.

maiyah
05-31-2015, 12:15 PM
This would be great AND take some pressure off the low amounts of land and high demand for it.

Piratezombi3
05-31-2015, 12:37 PM
This idea would be awesome.

Koone
06-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Great idea, but we need submarines first and more mobility for underwater activities. Imagine a dolphin with 6 slots carriage attached for moving packs from a underwater fellowship plaza.

The same thing could apply to floating islands on different levels, above the land or sea.

I had an ideea how to make aquafarming on land: take a piece of land, place a regular farm, dig up a hole on the farm, fill it with water and then plant all your aqua seeds.

...must be to coffee

Psylockeut
06-03-2015, 09:10 AM
I like the idea as well, just worried the current housing system allows more for botters than players.

Manuella
06-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Would love an under water house with fish/dolphins and sharks swimming around ^_^;

Focslain
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Well subs are coming in the next build or two if you believe the livestream. And there are new housing zones coming, build 1.8 and 2.0 will be adding.

As for underwater housing, if found at the correct place sure, though I figure we can just use more bungalow space.