PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL SERVER EVOLUTION & FEEDBACK THREAD (in progress)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Jridg
06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
they should make a vote ..
im telling you if they dont make a vote it means this whole thread is nothing but a false place for people to fight while they will do whatever they want regardless of people

Unfortunate this has always been the plan

maxwell
06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
http://strawpoll.me/4522108
let your voice be heard.
you to "silent majority" no one can flame on you here!

that vote is so not good enough my friend
you should include : merge all servers - transfer

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Come people we all know the Only fair way to do this is before September 12 wipe ALL servers, all the land goes, all the gear goes and we start out fresh with a new head-start. Maybe with the additional year alpha testing we have all been thru they will screw it up less than before.

PiratePete
06-02-2015, 05:46 PM
to all you ♥♥♥♥s complaining about the mergers.

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO BUT PLAY FARMVILLE IN ALOT OF SERVERS....... if you're ♥♥♥♥♥ hurts cause your "land" is getting lost, go play ACTUAL FARMVILLE.

I personally would love more stuff to do instead of sit on land all day touching myself.

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Will you offer the choice of closing an account and receiving a full refund of all the monies spent on this game?
[Khrolan] No. The Evolution is a good thing for the game and for player populations. While your existing play experience will change, there are a lot of benefits from new communities growing together. Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing and their land baron status will be reduced to a single 16x16 in the middle of who cares. That’s not the case. Since they’ll be transferring with their land in Full Kit state this means they’ll be able to rapidly secure connected plots. There’s a chance they’re going to end up with more/better land than they had previously.

So ends today's update. Remember, we have MONTHS to go, and we will get to all questions. Dwarf's honor.

You seem to have the misconception that some of us want to be smashed into an overcrowded ♥♥♥♥fest of a server where we cannot get the land we had before due to 4x the population. Stop trying to convince us this is anything other than a turd coated with glittery buzzwords. I and my guild have a nice little estate set up in Gweonid. There are 6 of us together we have 6 16x16s, 3 Gazebos, 2 farmhouses and a chalet all in one of the most desirable zones. We spent time, every bit of gold we made and RL Cash on this just so you can rob us of it and call us slumlords and land barons and make smug condescending comments like we are too stupid to know that this is good for us. Heres a tip for you. Taking something people have invested real life time and money into and telling them its for their own good is a good way to piss them off. Have some common sense and stop trying to convince us that you are doing this for our benefit. We all know which players you care about and its not the landowners.

Honor my ♥♥♥ Trion has no honor.

Heartsteal22
You should also note the people who don't care, like more or anyone on a non new-combined-population-but-not-merge server.

The people that don't care don't particularly factor into the equation if you don't mind my saying. If they don't care, then the merger is irrelevant to them, so they don't really need to be part of the tally. I definitely agree with the idea of transfers, but I'm picking this tally up as a more direct way to compare the number of people excited for the merge, against those of us that are dreading it.

Linesey
that vote is so not good enough my friend
you should include : merge all servers - transfer

Well this is all about the current issue at hand. merging all servers falls under either option 1 or 2 anyway.
and transfers, they have all ready told us we can go play with our selfs if we want transfers.
it is a good point that i might have added more options to it then, but at least it starts to get an idea.

honestly tho even the people who have spoken up about it are making the same point made here.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 05:48 PM
And again, shameless bump of the poll

Aylla
Been there done that. I for one will not participate in another land grabbing, hacking mess. I am one of the original Trailblazers, loved the game in Beta. But at pre-launch it was a complete fiasco. No land rush for me. Not again !!!!!

LDC
that what u guys call evolve i call a big joke on all players involved on the merging servers im out of this game cya

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 05:49 PM

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO BUT PLAY FARMVILLE IN ALOT OF SERVERS....... if you're ♥♥♥♥♥ hurts cause your "land" is getting lost, go play ACTUAL FARMVILLE.

I personally would love more stuff to do instead of sit on land all day touching myself.

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

Like jerking off killing the same dumb-assed pvp'ers all day long never losing a thing no risk no harm pvp is Boring :0 or as I like to call Archeage pvp lite :)

Aurkae

Speak for yourself, m8.

Nerrivik
Actually Trionbrasse was CM for Sony Online Entertainment and left when Daybreak bought out SOE. She has a really good reputation and I actually feel a little bad for her having to present this horrible situation and spin it to be something positive as her first major project at trion. That must suck.

The fact remains though that we are being told that anything we work for or pay for in the game is a developers whim away from being taken away. Ultimately whether we invest time or money it is fair game and nothing is for keeps.

I even understand there there may be some positives in the long run but that is cold comfort. It is a betrayal of trust. You cannot seriously expect people to pay, take away what they pay for and then expect them to pay again. Rather than start with an apology and an attempt to make us feel a valued part of a necessary process they have tried to spin it into some kind of altruistic gesture on their part. They are doing this for us guys!
Where there should have been explanation, transparency and humility there has instead been spin, obfuscation and arrogance. Unbelievable.

Quoted for truth !

Linesey
06-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Been there done that. I for one will not participate in another land grabbing, hacking mess. I am one of the original Trailblazers, loved the game in Beta. But at pre-launch it was a complete fiasco. No land rush for me. Not again !!!!!

they started killing the game the day 1.2 came out, but hey i can deal with evolving mechanics, i kept playing.
but taking away land its crap, like you say, no land rush for me

i did well in the first land rush, and could do well again, but that's not that point. i shouldn't have to lose everything.
And btw i'm on Arenzeb not even one of the effected servers yet, but once they decide mergers are fine, we are all in danger.

maxwell
06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Well this is all about the current issue at hand. merging all servers falls under either option 1 or 2 anyway.
and transfers, they have all ready told us we can go play with our selfs if we want transfers.
it is a good point that i might have added more options to it then, but at least it starts to get an idea.

honestly tho even the people who have spoken up about it are making the same point made here.

here i think this poll is ok ?
those who dont care dont need to vote .. honestly :D

http://strawpoll.me/4526115

Jridg
06-02-2015, 05:53 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

Brilliant insight

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 05:54 PM
i did well in the first land rush, and could do well again, but that's not that point. i shouldn't have to lose everything.
And btw i'm on Arenzeb not even one of the effected servers yet, but once they decide mergers are fine, we are all in danger.

I'm in the same boat. I got what I wanted on the land rush through sheer luck, but I'm not confident in my ability to do so again. If my dealings with RNG in ArcheAge have taught me anything, luck is hardly ever on my side.

Scrabba
06-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Will players who paid $150 for early access receive priority in new server access and character names? What about Patrons?
We do not have a firm answer on this yet and the team is reviewing it. It does not seem likely that we will gate access to the new servers. We are working on the name collision question separately.

For this to be fair you WILL need gated access. The PvP players don't care because their priority in-game isn't farming/trading or don't own an extensive amount of property at the very least it will give them access to land they might not have ever had.

There should be tiers of access based on things like account history(early access), amount of land owned and where that land is located.

When season tickets go on sale for a sports team they don't release all the tickets, season ticket holders get first crack at the tickets, the same should be done here with regards to land.

Brannoc
06-02-2015, 05:57 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

This just isn't true. I have a lot of land. I use that land to make ♥♥♥♥ and risk it. Land is a means to an end.

You should know this PiratePete, if you are on Inoch.. PiratePete has taken my ♥♥♥♥ a number of times. It came from my LAND. Your welcome.

Nerrivik
06-02-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm just surprised they actually let the cat outa the bag this early .I honestly think Khro goofed when he mentioned it ,but if the stream was live they couldn't do anything about the mistake.

They are now going to lose revenue between now and when it gets really close instead of just losing it when the merge is almost rdy.That would explain the hastiness of the damage control going on.

That thought occurred to me as well :D

Iam2y4u
06-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I like a low population server! Just merge the AH's on the low population servers with some higher population servers. If this goes as described I will just find a new game as will a lot of other people! Then your new higher population server just turned into low population again. I feel like we have been crapped on because we chose low population servers. I say make all the servers do land grabs and screw everyone equally Oh and with this news I won't be spending anymore money, Yay me!

angeleyes
06-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I have never posted in here although i have read many many of these forums but i tell you now if they merge the servers and take everything we have worked for as a group and individual, I will not continue to play this game. I pay every month to play this game with my friends and i have overlooked many of the uncalled for actions of Trion but i will not over look this. I don't pvp but i am not afraid to go in the areas that do pvp. If your trying to get cost down then as a business there has to be a better way than to continue to screw over your patrons. Look at your track record it more than speaks for itself. If you had thought ahead then you could have planned for server merges if they might be needed but seeing that you didn't limit the land or just give land to everyone instill of having us fight and work hard to get the land we did. We looked and we paid and it took months to get the land where we got it and all in a couple of areas that was our game play and now you say f... you. We are going to have you do it all over again. No i wont and many of those that play the game with me wont. Sadly if you do this Archeage you have signed the end of your own game. Oh you will keep a few of them like all the die hards but hey no worries you will already know how to merge them dead servers huh.

nooneistherestill
06-02-2015, 05:59 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

LOL and you wonder why no one wants to play with people like you .you just proved everyones point

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:00 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

i believe youre suffering something called "self centered ignorant"

if you want to know the details please check :

here i got this for you . go read . learn more about AA :) from the creators ( its not like what you think it is .. )
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/archeage-trion-brings-a-whole-new-mmo-to-play/

also from XLGAMES website :
Realizing a virtual society that
changes based on players' own
free will through an MMORPG.

ArcheAge is a MMORPG based on Eastern and
Western fantasy world view. ArcheAge was developed to let players enjoy
the virtual world content with their own free will.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:00 PM
someone said we should do this so here it is.

Merger pro / con list.

Pros,
People who seek a higher pop who all ready have good gear and don't want to re-roll get more PVP.
new players will get a grab at land.
Cons.
every loyal player on the servers will lose land.
Names, guild and personal will be lost.
no one can ever trust they won't be next to be merged and lose all the land they worked for.
new players who don't join the day it launches lose all the pros of being in the land grab.
People who want to play low population servers can't without a reroll

the above list has the downside of a pro con list making it seem like the issues are equal when they are not.

but new players will miss all of the advantages of a land wipe within 2 hours.

and for people who want to play high population servers, that can be answered with a simple server transfer option.

so the cons much outweigh the pros and once you look at the option of adding transfers you lose all the pros.

this only helps trions wallet by not keeping several servers up, and losing many subs.

if this merge happens the land idea in archeage will be dead.

what do you think http://strawpoll.me/4522108

nooneistherestill
06-02-2015, 06:01 PM
do kinda feel bad for Brasse having to be the spokesperson for this.wonder if they were put in place to be the ScapesGoat

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I like a low population server! Just merge the AH's on the low population servers with some higher population servers. If this goes as described I will just find a new game as will a lot of other people! Then your new higher population server just turned into low population again. I feel like we have been crapped on because we chose low population servers. I say make all the servers do land grabs and screw everyone equally Oh and with this news I won't be spending anymore money, Yay me!

i like low pop server like you
im even willing to pay for it
i was asking for transfer since 4 month ago

DjinniGenie
06-02-2015, 06:04 PM
There might be expensive things on land plots, such as beehives or larders. There is no way to transfer those.

How about male bears? Or male yatas? Hard to get and I have five male yatas on my breeding farm.

At this point, I expect to lose all of them plus all of my extra possessions. I have no faith in this company.

Adacian
06-02-2015, 06:05 PM
We're reviewing EU servers as well. Hang tight and I'll update asap.

Land rush, for many, is a good thing, particularly those who came to the game later. This is one of those considerations that will be viewed very differently by different players.

This is a load. A real big wheel barrel of it. You have pumped us existing players for money now you will get the fresh bait. I will be sure to let everyone know to avoid this game. Its already got one of the worst reputations in MMO gaming.

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:06 PM
How about male bears? Or male yatas? Hard to get and I have five male yatas on my breeding farm.

At this point, I expect to lose all of them plus all of my extra possessions. I have no faith in this company.

THATS NOT THE ISSUE omg .. the issue is you wont find a place to put those
what about your chests ??

Solymr
06-02-2015, 06:07 PM
You seem to have the misconception that some of us want to be smashed into an overcrowded ♥♥♥♥fest of a server where we cannot get the land we had before due to 4x the population. Stop trying to convince us this is anything other than a turd coated with glittery buzzwords. I and my guild have a nice little estate set up in Gweonid. There are 6 of us together we have 6 16x16s, 3 Gazebos, 2 farmhouses and a chalet all in one of the most desirable zones. We spent time, every bit of gold we made and RL Cash on this just so you can rob us of it and call us slumlords and land barons and make smug condescending comments like we are too stupid to know that this is good for us. Heres a tip for you. Taking something people have invested real life time and money into and telling them its for their own good is a good way to piss them off. Have some common sense and stop trying to convince us that you are doing this for our benefit. We all know which players you care about and its not the landowners.

Honor my ♥♥♥ Trion has no honor.

This comment needs more exposure. Trion needs to look to the future of this title. I say this to the other players who have invested their precious time and money -- do not let them redirect how you feel at this very moment, over the course of the coming months. Do not let yourselves be swayed by boxes and petty gifts. In the end, a game/product belongs to the community which endorses it! Stoke the fires and keep them lit.

Let them know how we feel, and get the ball rolling a solution that would be equitable to ALL players. Keep this thread going. Other websites that report on gaming, are catching wind of this incident, Trion. Choose your narrative of the coming year very carefully.

DjinniGenie
06-02-2015, 06:08 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

I can't glide in Farmville. I can't drive a Comet Speedster in Farmville. There are no great, expansive views in Farmville.

Shut up, jerk. Go play CoD.

Warizin
06-02-2015, 06:09 PM
I am happy to respond to this. One of our jobs in Community is to evaluate feedback and the true net effect of sentiment, through quantitative and qualitative analysis. We know what majority means. =)

When making a decision of this scope, the Development Team looks at the needs of the playerbase as a whole, based on both sentiment and business needs. It is very clear that the low-population servers are not supporting the number of players that they were intended to, from a social, gameplay or economic perspective.

With almost any change, sentiment trends very negative in the beginning, because change is HARD. We expected the negative responses first, and in large volume. We need them, in order to work out how to implement the Evolution in as reasonable and positive manner as is humanly possible. Much of the negative feedback also contained a great deal of constructive and useful information that has already helped us tremendously.

In this case, we also have a very high perception of value and personal investment on the part of our players. This is what makes ArcheAge such an incredible game. It also drives emotionally charged reactions. Again, absolutely normal, and the reason why I lifted the rule that results in an automatic forum ban for "goodbye posts." If people want to post that they are quitting, I consider that feedback.

If we look at this thread, we see that the people that you've counted are those who feel most affected, most negatively. Not the overall player base in ArcheAge; I cannot release the private messages from players who are happy with the upcoming merger, but it is not insignificant. They don't want to post to this thread, because they don't want to be flamed or get into arguments. Meet the silent minority; still a valid group, and larger than you might imagine.

Finally, we meet the silent majority: those who don't post at all, and are not overly concerned with the changes. They're busy playing the game, and very often reading these forums without commenting. They are interested, but not polarized.

Given how many people posted that they have already quit the game in this thread, I had a look at the actual internal numbers this morning. We are down exactly 10 patrons from the day prior to the FAQ going up. Do we care about these ten people? Of course we do. We are doing everything that we can to ease the Evolution for ALL those who are affected. We know those ten people care deeply about ArcheAge as well, and we hope that they will come back at some stage.

I submit that, given the actual numbers I am looking at, the overwhelming majority of ArcheAge players are reading, watching and waiting. They are not quitting in droves, nor are they posting. I will submit that ten people is not demonstrative of the imminent failure and shutdown of the game following the Evolution FAQ, as some have proclaimed.
~Brasse

Brasse If you check my other post in this thread, I think it really is a feasible suggestion ( as many others think theirs is also )... However it takes your development team to look at it as see if it is feasible or not. The thread itself is not capable of running the necessary numbers.

It takes a team of 3, 1 month to fix an island like this in the game since all parts to generate content is already done... and the amount of people who would no longer be negatively affected would mean the patron support would pay for that team to develop this area.

-Warizin
-Aka Warver

Santanasia
06-02-2015, 06:10 PM
OK , I may be very wrong, but seems to me the only people really WANTING merges is the pvpers. Have you looked at Aeria Games game of Shaiya? They have portals to other servers for open pvp. Would this not keep everyone happy? If you want more pvp just hop in a portal and fight all day if you want to. Those of us that take part in many more aspects of the game would like to stay where we are, in our houses, with our guilds and friends.

Adacian
06-02-2015, 06:11 PM
This comment needs more exposure. Trion needs to look to the future of this title. I say this to the other players who have invested their precious time and money -- do not let them redirect how you feel at this very moment, over the course of the coming months. Do not let yourselves be swayed by boxes and petty gifts. In the end, a game/product belongs to the community which endorses it! Stoke the fires and keep them lit.

Let them know how we feel, and get the ball rolling a solution that would be equitable to ALL players. Keep this thread going. Other websites that report on gaming, are catching wind of this incident, Trion. Choose your narrative of the coming year very carefully.

This is right on the money. I actually prefer the lower population server. I don't see any point in playing this game knowing that everything I do in the next few weeks , months will be for nothing...

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:12 PM
THATS NOT THE ISSUE omg .. the issue is you wont find a place to put those
what about your chests ??

that is a valid point.
even if someone gets all the land they had back. they still lose male yatas and bears, for us breeders who dropped huge gold on it.
i know my friend sank a few hundred into getting male bears.
and yes chests are also a problem, not only for getting them and the items back, but what about storing them after that, i have a otherworld and a illustri on my 24x, both full thats 100 items per so 200 + full max bank and almost full max inventory, not even counting the mats in my guilds trunks we all share, its all a part of the land issue.

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:15 PM
They have already pretty much answered.

Basically, "Because, ♥♥♥♥ you, that's why."

nailed it
!

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:16 PM
that is a valid point.
even if someone gets all the land they had back. they still lose male yatas and bears, for us breeders who dropped huge gold on it.
i know my friend sank a few hundred into getting male bears.
and yes chests are also a problem, not only for getting them and the items back, but what about storing them after that, i have a otherworld and a illustri on my 24x, both full thats 100 items per so 200 + full max bank and almost full max inventory, not even counting the mats in my guilds trunks we all share, its all a part of the land issue.

so vote here then :D
http://strawpoll.me/4526115/
& here http://strawpoll.me/4522108

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Also i wounder how many people get the even deeper problem.
if they once decide this is ok, whats to stop them from doing it again, and again, and again.
whats to stop them saying "this high pop server has more people then available land, so we are going to wipe all land and let people land rush.
if they decide this is ok, then they have said its ok, and nothing is safe.

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:17 PM
honestly i have spoken enough on this .
i dont give up but i want rest
please check the poll here
or ask trion to put up a vote because THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT HERE..

Roxistorm
06-02-2015, 06:21 PM
I don't know why anyone would feel bad for Brasse, are they not a person who has a mouth? Can she not open it and speak up for what is right or wrong? Honestly, imo Brasse is no more that the biatch taking your order at mcdonalds and still ♥♥♥♥ing it up.

Jridg
06-02-2015, 06:21 PM
This is a load. A real big wheel barrel of it. You have pumped us existing players for money now you will get the fresh bait. I will be sure to let everyone know to avoid this game. Its already got one of the worst reputations in MMO gaming.

This. You can't charge new players for patron if they can't find land to begin with. So basically, it's ♥♥♥♥ you to the people who've supported the game and company financially, up until now. They've milked us long enough and figure we'll all just continue to take it and pay. Maybe they'll throw us a bone like in dolphingate, but their priority is getting into the pockets of the players that they haven't been able to yet. And how will they do that? By offering the one thing the newer players have been unable to get. LAND. Never mind that they have to take it from they players who've worked so hard for it. That doesn't really concern the investors or employees(I'm looking at you Scapes, Krholan and TrionBrasse.) Makes perfect sense now.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
so vote here then :D

the problem with yours is you have no option, or atleast no clear option for they shouldn't change anything, and no clear option for showing how much you dislike the idea of mergers.
yes it might lead to finding a solution but its the same thing here all ready merge transfer or both.
honestly a server merger will hurt everyone but the people who crave a high pop. and they could be helped by a transfer.
yes a server transfer would be a good option, but if they start mergers i will quit.

Adacian
06-02-2015, 06:22 PM
I have never felt so patronized as the post from trion saying "I checked to see how many people quit today" and "I cant tell you how many people have sent me private emails lauding this merge". Its almost unbelievable to read.
No I haven't quit yet but tell me why I would or should continue to invest time or money in this game when I know in a few months all the effort i've put into it will be stripped away?

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:23 PM
I don't know why anyone would feel bad for Brasse, are they not a person who has a mouth? Can she not open it and speak up for what is right or wrong? Honestly, imo Brasse is no more that the biatch taking your order at mcdonalds and still ♥♥♥♥ing it up.

you should edit that cause it is a personal attack on a trion team member and banable.

angeleyes
06-02-2015, 06:23 PM

There are are 7 of us and we have 2 mansions, 6 gazebos, 6 or 7 16x16s, 4 chalets, 2 farmhouses every workstation lumber, stone, metal, leather, and cloth not to mention all the regal tables and workstations inside one of our masions, and all of this in one area where it is all joining. Now how is Trion going to fix all our hard work and money it took for us to accomplish this???? They cant and that's just one location. To those calling it farmville its the farmers that are keeping the game going why cause they WANT TO KEEP THEIR LAND SO THEY PAY.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:26 PM
There are are 7 of us and we have 2 mansions, 6 gazebos, 6 or 7 16x16s, 4 chalets, 2 farmhouses every workstation lumber, stone, metal, leather, and cloth not to mention all the regal tables and workstations inside one of our masions, and all of this in one area where it is all joining. Now how is Trion going to fix all our hard work and money it took for us to accomplish this???? They cant and that's just one location. To those calling it farmville its the farmers that are keeping the game going why cause they WANT TO KEEP THEIR LAND SO THEY PAY.

+1 to this

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:28 PM

People should also email into the people who cover this stuff with the link to this thread as a "tip" so that media attention is draw to this.
even if the fire fades anyone who googles archeage in the future needs to see what happened here. good or as it looks like it will be, bad.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Wipe ALL the servers all the land goes all the gear goes and do a new head-start on September 15 2015 it is the only fair thing to do for everyone and a great opportunity for everyone to benefit from the merg,,,ummm Evolution. This extra year of Alpha testing we have had to endure should make them less likely to mess it up as badly this go around, or at least we can hope.

ANYTHING less means this is nothing more than a cash grab and makes second class citizens of a third of the customer base.

There is really not much of a grey area here people.

romonster
06-02-2015, 06:29 PM
so remove the stupid fences so the world can actually be open. Let us build anywhere/everywhere and the blunt of the land rush issue is gone.
While that sounds great in theory, house and farm placement was probably limited largely for practical reasons. Ever notice how the thousands of objects in housing provinces can take a long time to render, and how movement can get very laggy when you're surrounded by farms? If housing could be placed anywhere, there would be hundreds of thousands of additional objects that would have to be tracked in the databases and rendered in the client. It would probably cause severe issues with playability and stability.

That said, I do think increasing the number of housing provinces somewhat would be a good idea. It would help ensure that more players could have enough land for their needs. I'd also suggest, if possible, making it so the houses and farms could not be placed quite so close together. This would make it easier to navigate between them, and would mitigate the issues caused by the existence of so many additional objects by cutting down the maximum possible number of objects that could be in the immediate vicinity of any player.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 06:33 PM

Also i wounder how many people get the even deeper problem.
if they once decide this is ok, whats to stop them from doing it again, and again, and again.
whats to stop them saying "this high pop server has more people then available land, so we are going to wipe all land and let people land rush.
if they decide this is ok, then they have said its ok, and nothing is safe.

Exactly. Why would anyone rebuild anything on a new server after this. There is no trust left. Not when 3 months down the road they can say, too bad we decided we need to merge you again sorry you wasted all that time and cash on it but its for your own good!

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:33 PM
the problem with yours is you have no option, or atleast no clear option for they shouldn't change anything, and no clear option for showing how much you dislike the idea of mergers.
yes it might lead to finding a solution but its the same thing here all ready merge transfer or both.
honestly a server merger will hurt everyone but the people who crave a high pop. and they could be helped by a transfer.
yes a server transfer would be a good option, but if they start mergers i will quit.

yes i see your point thats why i said vote http://strawpoll.me/4522108 and http://strawpoll.me/4526115/
it gives a clear answer if they combine these 2 and make 1 official poll themselves

ill stall and hold my credits untill they give final answer . either transfer or idc im out ..

Solymr
06-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Brasse means to tell us the "silent majority" is in the right and that we are the minority. To EVERYONE reading this, whales especially, take a small sum of your wealth and encourage people to partake in voicing their opinion of the "merger." I will do the very same on my server (Inoch). A person is only heard when the whole body speaks! Do you all want to be heard? Pile your words around Trion, and set torch to the pyre...

nooneistherestill
06-02-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't know why anyone would feel bad for Brasse, are they not a person who has a mouth? Can she not open it and speak up for what is right or wrong? Honestly, imo Brasse is no more that the

When you get jobs like thet they usually entail NDA agreements and such,you break them and your value and trustworthiness for future hires are shot to hell.

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Brasse means to tell us the "silent majority" is in the right and that we are the minority. To EVERYONE reading this, whales especially, take a small sum of your wealth and encourage people to partake in voicing their opinion of the "merger." I will do the very same on my server (Inoch). A person is only heard when the whole body speaks! Do you all want to be heard? Pile your words around Trion, and set torch to the pyre...

vote in these 2 places for now i guess ?
http://strawpoll.me/4522108/

maxwell
06-02-2015, 06:41 PM
When you get jobs like thet they usually entail NDA agreements and such,you break them and your value and trustworthiness for future hires are shot to hell.

i want to work in gaming company myself.. the biggest and saddest problem is exatcly THIS.. being hated because someone else decides something and you have to deal with it .. thats why i play guildless too ..

Solymr
06-02-2015, 06:42 PM
vote in these 2 places for now i guess ?
http://strawpoll.me/4522108/

I endorse your post, and these polls.

Roxistorm
06-02-2015, 06:43 PM
o, which part should I edit? is there something wrong with mcdonalds?

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 06:45 PM
If we look at this thread, we see that the people that you've counted are those who feel most affected, most negatively. Not the overall player base in ArcheAge; I cannot release the private messages from players who are happy with the upcoming merger, but it is not insignificant. They don't want to post to this thread, because they don't want to be flamed or get into arguments. Meet the silent minority; still a valid group, and larger than you might imagine.

Given how many people posted that they have already quit the game in this thread, I had a look at the actual internal numbers this morning. We are down exactly 10 patrons from the day prior to the FAQ going up. Do we care about these ten people? Of course we do. We are doing everything that we can to ease the Evolution for ALL those who are affected. We know those ten people care deeply about ArcheAge as well, and we hope that they will come back at some stage.

I submit that, given the actual numbers I am looking at, the overwhelming majority of ArcheAge players are reading, watching and waiting. They are not quitting in droves, nor are they posting. I will submit that ten people is not demonstrative of the imminent failure and shutdown of the game following the Evolution FAQ, as some have proclaimed.
~Brasse

Oh and now comes the people are praising this decision in private card which is what PR people always pull out because they don't have to prove it. Do you really think we are stupid? Stop with the evolution stuff call it what it is. I'm sure you didn't count all the people who pulled their subs but have time prepaid left on them right? They didn't quit because they already paid but they cancelled their subs and pulled their payment info. Did you count them?

No one is buying your spin.

Tarkenfire
06-02-2015, 06:47 PM
So, just something I saw re: more than one person saying that a full wipe is the only way: No. The mergelution won't kill the game, those who say as much are doomsaying. Telling the players, "the past 10 months of work you put into the game are gone because that's fair" [b]WILL[b] kill the game.

MooonstalkerZ
06-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I thought I was going to be playing this game for years. ArcheAge was different, I could own land and craft and glide and sail and play music...Now my favorite part of the game is being taken away from me. The moment my land is taken from me, the very reason I play is taken from me. If I lose my land, Trion loses my subscription. It's really simple.

And really, to those who tell us "just get more land"? It's hard enough to get land on a dead server. How much harder do you think it will be to get land on a server with 3 times the people all competing for the same spots at the same time?

MooonstalkerZ
06-02-2015, 06:49 PM
So, just something I saw re: more than one person saying that a full wipe is the only way: No. The mergelution won't kill the game, those who say as much are doomsaying. Telling the players, "the past 10 months of work you put into the game are gone because that's fair" [b]WILL[b] kill the game.

Except, for those of us who spent a lot of effort getting our land (and there are a lot of us), that is EXACTLY what they are telling us.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 06:50 PM
That sounds...good and terrible at the same time. Of course I support the idea that evicted players don't have to build their homes again. But this concept nullifies your 2-property-placement-limit. What will stop some individuals form rapidly claiming entire zones ?

(Didn't you say something about how your "evolution" would get rid of the "slumlords" ? You keep contradicting yourselves.)

What do you mean, if ?

What about friends and actual families that play together as a "family" ?
You better make sure they can continue to play together, or you will face another massive backlash...:(

Please clarify these 2 issues as quickly as possible !

Gotta love that they don't even know if they can keep guilds and families and friends together when they do this huh?

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Was anyone else greeted with the message when they tried to remove the account info that either the info had to be replaced with another account or the account had to be closed and I am assuming losing the patron status for the month I just paid for a few days before the glorious Evolution announcement wonder if that might have some effect on the numbers just curious :) ?

Did you cancel the sub first? you have to cancel before you can remove your payment information. You still get what time you have paid for.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 06:52 PM
yes i see your point thats why i said vote http://strawpoll.me/4522108 and http://strawpoll.me/4526115/
it gives a clear answer if they combine these 2 and make 1 official poll themselves

ill stall and hold my credits untill they give final answer . either transfer or idc im out ..

yeah between the two it should show them what people are thinking, not that they pay attention.
but maybe someone will bring mmosite or mmohut into it.

DjinniGenie
06-02-2015, 06:54 PM
This is my guild's craft house in Gweonid on Calleil. We just got it this year.
http://i.gyazo.com/e0fd2ce2a66c840b0a6acc875d9e7ad9.jpg
http://i.gyazo.com/9dea4a723c14361e8735f88e02fba17b.jpg
http://i.gyazo.com/335f0cdd2683dcefc9d299d6a7b96945.jpg
http://i.gyazo.com/d0334f099a8a310c95f7db87c2f24bae.jpg

Jridg
06-02-2015, 06:56 PM

This will kill the game for those of us on the servers to be merged. And that will result in more server mergers taking place. If this happens, it going to be a big snowball rolling downhill and it will ultimately effect ALL servers. Even if your server is never merged, how do you think your AH cluster will be effected when half the people providing mats or goods from two severs are gone? Start thinking big picture. This is much more far reaching than it appears on its face.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 06:57 PM

Yeaaaa :0 cuz it is okay to screw part of the community and berate them for being selfish and not doing what it best for the game just don't screw with the part I am in :))

Heartsteal22
06-02-2015, 06:58 PM
For this tally, for the sake of my own laziness, I'm going to stop at page fifty. Fifty pages seems like plenty of time to develop a pattern, and my time is far from infinite, so I'll need to stop there. (I changed format, but hit post limit, ended at page fourty six)

For the merge:
mysticwolf, Myrgatroid, Dipsy, Ishmila, Narcoleptic, Aros, Killroth, Aros, Rawrz, Amerant, Tarmacc, Keenetic

Against the merge:
Runes911, DjinniGenie, Trixologist, Kaleyah, maiyah, Furball The Second, Peter Van, Lokoo, Discoteka, Dirtyredz, Draethorn, blackhole, Kloee (Won't even be affected (yet)), TehOuchies, Laearra, Rilect, Furdaddio, hawkmyg, Yoru, JustDan, Robeus, beer can steve, Larcen, vagrant, Gentatsu, DataDog, None, Reyzoul Soulstorm, Mudbone827, Mingo, TranceFox, Spumonii, Raziell, FatesTenacity, MinervaBlitz, Nerrivik, DriveByViktum, elgen, Roma Fireheart, Cynara, Kitwyn, Zengiar, Skulz, Zegend, Sarat00ga, SSDD, Addictar, Hanthos, Animaester, Posaune, NZ1, Kjkidman, Mozam, Lanthrudar, catzilla, Baddiez, Tunez, SkullMonkey, CalliCat, Calanthir, Tunez, nooneistherestill, notTalon, Bunnyleptic, Nerrivik, archeagegamer, krackers, Nomi, onedrkzero, Service, Wynda, Darklich, coltraz (Just for hackers), Sacsback, Voom, Tikri, rist, Anfauglir, Mackzelll, meaghs, Cigtech, Scargap, KobaltBlue, FileHawk, nekrosh, RichWhale, Darkkamui, Shrimpables, Geriatric, TheHunter, Scrivean, Turalyon, Felli85, Kasseopea, Katje, stupidgirl, brandierenae, Arkadies, Disgruntledtech, Zyhrah, Selaesori, Mclaren, Accela, Pwnedbyme77, Naiadelle, Sass, Irritation, Bullshihtzu, Draxick, Nextactus, EVO, Doomhunter, Kuze13, mommamist, SweetMikka, Ruthlass, Rho, mrsoap, gips, Kethvin, Cedarik, BorgKitten, Lovebane, Theblight, Canute, Optical, kagura, Athenarlm, Zuleica, Storbu

Vodevil
06-02-2015, 07:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/887oPw6.jpg

Jridg
06-02-2015, 07:01 PM
For this tally, for the sake of my own laziness, I'm going to stop at page fifty. Fifty pages seems like plenty of time to develop a pattern, and my time is far from infinite, so I'll need to stop there. (I changed format, but hit post limit, will continue in another post.)

For the merge:
mysticwolf, Myrgatroid, Dipsy, Ishmila, Narcoleptic, Aros, Killroth, Aros, Rawrz, Amerant, Tarmacc, Keenetic

Against the merge:
Runes911, DjinniGenie, Trixologist, Kaleyah, maiyah, Furball The Second, Peter Van, Lokoo, Discoteka, Dirtyredz, Draethorn, blackhole, Kloee (Won't even be affected (yet)), TehOuchies, Laearra, Rilect, Furdaddio, hawkmyg, Yoru, JustDan, Robeus, beer can steve, Larcen, vagrant, Gentatsu, DataDog, None, Reyzoul Soulstorm, Mudbone827, Mingo, TranceFox, Spumonii, Raziell, FatesTenacity, MinervaBlitz, Nerrivik, DriveByViktum, elgen, Roma Fireheart, Cynara, Kitwyn, Zengiar, Skulz, Zegend, Sarat00ga, SSDD, Addictar, Hanthos, Animaester, Posaune, NZ1, Kjkidman, Mozam, Lanthrudar, catzilla, Baddiez, Tunez, SkullMonkey, CalliCat, Calanthir, Tunez, nooneistherestill, notTalon, Bunnyleptic, Nerrivik, archeagegamer, krackers, Nomi, onedrkzero, Service, Wynda, Darklich, coltraz (Just for hackers), Sacsback, Voom, Tikri, rist, Anfauglir, Mackzelll, meaghs, Cigtech, Scargap, KobaltBlue, FileHawk, nekrosh, RichWhale, Darkkamui, Shrimpables, Geriatric, TheHunter, Scrivean, Turalyon, Felli85, Kasseopea, Katje, stupidgirl, brandierenae, Arkadies, Disgruntledtech, Zyhrah, Selaesori, Mclaren, Accela, Pwnedbyme77, Naiadelle, Sass, Irritation, Siobhan, Bullshihtzu, Draxick, Nextactus, EVO, Doomhunter, Kuze13, mommamist, SweetMikka, Ruthlass, Rho, mrsoap, gips, Kethvin, Cedarik, BorgKitten, Lovebane, Theblight, Canute, Optical, kagura, Athenarlm, Zuleica, Storbu

Well, this is obviously skewed because of all those badass pvp'ers who just PM'd Brasse for fear of being flamed on the forums.

Zula
06-02-2015, 07:03 PM
This is a long post and I hope you read it until the end!

Say you merge 2 low Pop servers into one.

What you do is create 2 channels for housing and plop the housing in the 2 servers on each channel.
This will allow people to keep the housing they have now.

Now here is where it differs from other suggestions!!

The second channel is solely for safezones and housing zones. Pvp zones and the sea are all blocked like how it is at the end of the map. If you try to go to a pvp zone on channel 2 you will be sent to the closest Nui.

"But what about those people who use their farms to stage packs"

What you do here is add a new NPC sort of like a garage or hub where people who are carrying a pack and those who have haulers/cart/wagons park them in these hubs. Interact with the NPC to change the channel to the one they have their farm on. This will transfer your cart as well.

This will stop people from doing trade runs in channel 2 which is safer. Anybody looking to do risky trade runs in pvp areas or across the sea have to go into these hubs and change to channel 1. That means it makes it extra dangerous and makes it easier for those 'OMGLEETSKILLZ' pvpers to find prey.

Those farmers or 'carebears' who just want to do safe trade runs can just do it on any channel. If they try to go through a pvp area in channel 2 they will once again be sent to the Nui and lose their packs like they do now on the borders.

In 1.8 housing areas become safe zones anyway so this is easy to implement. Those people who live in pop housing areas such as windscour will also have to use the portals. If they live on channel 2 and want to move their cheese, first they drive to a hub on the outskirts of the housing area and then transfer to channel 1 to then start their trade run.
The hubs are like Nui statues they are safe so that pvpers can't bank those people porting in.

Since the hubs are considered npcs anyone who wants to troll block the portal will get their carts destroyed and banned for repeat offences.

Fishing and anything in the waters has to be done in channel 1 so it will make sure fishermen have to risk all their fish to those pvpers.

The only downside I see to this is that it will take a little longer for those living in channel 2 to do trade runs as they have to make a pit stop.

This will also add a new dynamic to housing and real estate as the land in channel 1 will become even more sort after for its convenience. It will liven up the real estate market and give more options for those who want to flip land.

So this suggestion will make sure pvp will stay on one channel so it's easier to find. Care Bears won't get angry about losing land, and everyone gets more people to play with. So in the end everyone is happy!

Please let me know what you think!

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 07:04 PM
For this tally, for the sake of my own laziness, I'm going to stop at page fifty. Fifty pages seems like plenty of time to develop a pattern, and my time is far from infinite, so I'll need to stop there. (I changed format, but hit post limit, will continue in another post.)

For the merge:

Against the merge:
Runes911, DjinniGenie, Trixologist, Kaleyah, maiyah, Furball The Second, Peter Van, Lokoo, Discoteka, Dirtyredz, Draethorn, blackhole, Kloee (Won't even be affected (yet)), TehOuchies, Laearra, Rilect, Furdaddio, hawkmyg, Yoru, JustDan, Robeus, beer can steve, Larcen, vagrant, Gentatsu, DataDog, None, Reyzoul Soulstorm, Mudbone827, Mingo, TranceFox, Spumonii, Raziell, FatesTenacity, MinervaBlitz, Nerrivik, DriveByViktum, elgen, Roma Fireheart, Cynara, Kitwyn, Zengiar, Skulz, Zegend, Sarat00ga, SSDD, Addictar, Hanthos, Animaester, Posaune, NZ1, Kjkidman, Mozam, Lanthrudar, catzilla, Baddiez, Tunez, SkullMonkey, CalliCat, Calanthir, Tunez, nooneistherestill, notTalon, Bunnyleptic, Nerrivik, archeagegamer, krackers, Nomi, onedrkzero, Service, Wynda, Darklich, coltraz (Just for hackers), Sacsback, Voom, Tikri, rist, Anfauglir, Mackzelll, meaghs, Cigtech, Scargap, KobaltBlue, FileHawk, nekrosh, RichWhale, Darkkamui, Shrimpables, Geriatric, TheHunter, Scrivean, Turalyon, Felli85, Kasseopea, Katje, stupidgirl, brandierenae, Arkadies, Disgruntledtech, Zyhrah, Selaesori, Mclaren, Accela, Pwnedbyme77, Naiadelle, Sass, Irritation, Siobhan, Bullshihtzu, Draxick, Nextactus, EVO, Doomhunter, Kuze13, mommamist, SweetMikka, Ruthlass, Rho, mrsoap, gips, Kethvin, Cedarik, BorgKitten, Lovebane, Theblight, Canute, Optical, kagura, Athenarlm, Zuleica, Storbu

yeah but all the people for it are PMing Brasse thats why you don't see them here! :rolleyes:

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Still thinking how much it is gonna suck to have to do the livestream on Friday :) hehehe or will it be cancelled due to ummm technical difficulties am wondering who is going to call in sick Friday also . If I was in that spot I would be seriously considering it

Linesey
06-02-2015, 07:10 PM

What you do is create 2 channels for housing and plop the housing in the 2 servers on each channel.

The second channel is solely for safezones and housing zones. Pvp zones and the sea are all blocked like how it is at the end of the map. If you try to go to a pvp zone on channel 2 you will be sent to the closest Nui.

What you do here is add a new NPC sort of like a garage or hub where people who are carrying a pack and those who have haulers/cart/wagons park them in these hubs. Interact with the NPC to change the channel to the one they have their farm on. This will transfer your cart as well.

This will stop people from doing trade runs in channel 2 which is safer. Anybody looking to do risky trade runs in pvp areas or across the sea have to go into these hubs and change to channel 1. That means it makes it extra dangerous and makes it easier for those 'OMGLEETSKILLZ' pvpers to find prey.

Those farmers or 'carebears' who just want to do safe trade runs can just do it on any channel. If they try to go through a pvp area in channel 2 they will once again be sent to the Nui and lose their packs like they do now on the borders.

In 1.8 housing areas become safe zones anyway so this is easy to implement. Those people who live in pop housing areas such as windscour will also have to use the portals. If they live on channel 2 and want to move their cheese, first they drive to a hub on the outskirts of the housing area and then transfer to channel 1 to then start their trade run.
The hubs are like Nui statues they are safe so that pvpers can't bank those people porting in.

Since the hubs are considered npcs anyone who wants to troll block the portal will get their carts destroyed and banned for repeat offences.

Fishing and anything in the waters has to be done in channel 1 so it will make sure fishermen have to risk all their fish to those pvpers.

The only downside I see to this is that it will take a little longer for those living in channel 2 to do trade runs as they have to make a pit stop.

This will also add a new dynamic to housing and real estate as the land in channel 1 will become even more sort after for its convenience. It will liven up the real estate market and give more options for those who want to flip land.

So this suggestion will make sure pvp will stay on one channel so it's easier to find. Care Bears won't get angry about losing land, and everyone gets more people to play with. So in the end everyone is happy!

thoughtful and intelligent, if only trion had you
not as good a answer as just implementing server transfers but if they are going to head-up-the-♥♥♥ and merge anyway.

Siobhan
06-02-2015, 07:14 PM
For this tally, for the sake of my own laziness, I'm going to stop at page fifty. Fifty pages seems like plenty of time to develop a pattern, and my time is far from infinite, so I'll need to stop there. (I changed format, but hit post limit, ended at page fourty six)

For the merge:

Against the merge:

Please do not put me in the against category (in other words, delete my name, please...) And don't put me in the "for" category either. I guess I would be in the 3rd bunch, which is the "wait and see what they do next" category.

I am not for OR against the merge. I understand perfectly why they want it, and I see their point. However, I do have a LOT of concerns, and if I have to give up my place(s) then I want to know that I will at least have a fighting chance to rebuild somewhere.

Zula
06-02-2015, 07:15 PM
thoughtful and intelligent, if only trion had you
not as good a answer as just implementing server transfers but if they are going to head-up-the-♥♥♥ and merge anyway.

Of course transfers are best but if it's going to be mergers at least do it with the least amount of people leaving~

Linesey
06-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Of course transfers are best but if it's going to be mergers at least do it with the least amount of people leaving~

exactly, if they merge i will leave. but if they did something like it i might be inclined to ride it out and see what happens. if not like it.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Haven't they already said that while there is a mechanism in place to transfer individuals from one server to another it is clunky and very labor intensive (read expensive) but there is a mechanism in place already in Korea to transfer large groups of people :) I think that is super secret code for
server merger ;)

Jax
06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
I've done a lot
God knows I've tried
To find the truth
I've even lied
But all I know
Is down inside I'm
Bleeding
And super heroes
Come to feast
To taste the flesh
Not yet deceased
And all I know
Is still the beast is
Feeding
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time, and lost in space
And meaning

OMG nice reference!!! Kudos sweetie <3

Avenged
06-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Well I'm glad I only just started back to the mmo search for a decent game this one seemed promising.... Too bad :/

Linesey
06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
vote!

btw i not naming any games here.
but a Perfect World, might be quite International.
or a second Guild War might be your thing
or even a World full of battle and Warcraft.

Heartsteal22
06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
More than anything, I was curious about the difference in vocal players, that weren't afraid to be flamed out. I know that a lot of people are keeping quiet against the merge as well because they're tentative about the forums, or any number of reasons. I'm very much aware of the silent majority, and how it's in their best interest, but much of the time, that silent majority is either not a stakeholder, or is entirely ignorant of the issue. I've gone out of my way for affairs like this locally for the past couple of years, and every time, "The silent majority" is the Deus Ex Machina, that lets whoever is sitting on top do whatever they please. I also understand that maintaining servers isn't exactly free, which is a difficult for this situation.

I'm torn by this subject, and I can't say that I'll leave immediately and never spend another penny on the game, but I can say that my interest very well may wane once I've lost all of my land, or my guild loses our little village. I'll have less motivation to come back to the game at the end of a long day because I'll be dreading, every day that I'm going to get another swift kick in the breeches. News of this "Evolution" was a big change, and reminder for some players, that Trion's word doesn't hold weight, or maybe it was the moment that the blinders finally fell off.

Telling us that there will be no merge, then performing one, even with advanced notice, even with the PR spin, is a betrayal. No, that's not a strong word, it's the literal definition of it (To be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling). I don't expect what we say or do will have any impact on the decision made, I've seen the process go through in a dozen ways before this.
As futile as it is, I want to make sure that at the very least, what we have to say doesn't just get swept under the rug, that at least what we say is heard.
I've followed Archeage for ages before it was even announced for North America, back when Animal Taming was a proposed skill tree like Battlerage and Archery. It's been a game dear to my heart for quite some time, and it's been the first game that I've anticipated for more than a year, that wasn't an enormous disappointment in what was delivered. Yes, it took me months to finally get what I wanted from the first moment I watched that gameplay demo in korean so long ago. I got the land I wanted, and set up a happy little village with some friends that have become very important to me, even if that little village was in the middle of a warzone where people go out of their way to murder us in our homes. We worked very hard to get where we are, and stripping it away, feeding us some line about how it's what we want, is disgusting.

I think that if we were told from the start that it was about server costs, some of us might have been far less upset. Some players might have gone so far as to make donations to try and help stabilize them. Maybe it would have just made different people angry about it. The largest thing that has me upset about this news is that it was presented like we're supposed to be happy about it. All that we know for certain about the "Evolution" is that it feels about as real as Barbie's plastic smile. Maybe it's true that this was all in the best interest of the servers' communities, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Heartsteal22
06-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Please do not put me in the against category (in other words, delete my name, please...) And don't put me in the "for" category either. I guess I would be in the 3rd bunch, which is the "wait and see what they do next" category.

I am not for OR against the merge. I understand perfectly why they want it, and I see their point. However, I do have a LOT of concerns, and if I have to give up my place(s) then I want to know that I will at least have a fighting chance to rebuild somewhere.

Sorry Sio, like I said in the beginning, the tally was by the impression I was getting from a skim, I can't know everyone's opinions in their entirety unless they make it plain. From as far as I'd gotten to read, you seemed to have a leaning of your own, and I apologize again for the incorrectness.

Lofnn
06-02-2015, 07:35 PM
[Khrolan] . . . Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing and their land baron status will be reduced to a single 16x16 in the middle of who cares. That’s not the case. Since they’ll be transferring with their land in Full Kit state this means they’ll be able to rapidly secure connected plots. There’s a chance they’re going to end up with more/better land than they had previously.

This is ridiculous.

I'm on a lower pop server that's going to be merged. There is currently land available in several zones. But way more than 1/2 the land is taken.

If you merge us with one other server, there are going to be people who can't find any land. That's just basic math.

You're talking about merging 4 servers. Some people are going to end up without any land. That's just the sad reality.

But more importantly, it took my small guild months to acquire land -- through purchases, trading, and camping expiring plots -- in areas next to each other, and in areas that we wanted to make larders. It's still a work on progress. But we're getting there.

When you merge servers, all that time, gold, and effort that we spent over the past few months is going to be gone in a puff of smoke. We wasted it. We're going to have to start all over, and we're going to have to start all over on a server with more people, which is going to make it more difficult to get back to the same place. It's going to take at least months to get back to the same place we are today, if we ever get there again.

And we might have to go through this again in a few more months. We might keep playing, start accumulating land close to each other, and in 6 more months, you tell us that you're doing another server merge and we're losing our land again. Can you tell us that there won't be any further server merges again in the future? (I suspect the answer is "no," but I thought I should ask anyway.)

So yes. There's a "chance" that we can end up with more/better land. But what is that chance? One in a million? A billion?

We're probably going to end up in a much worse situation. And we're definitely going to lose all the effort, time, and money we spent on our current land.

That stinks.

Finally, we meet the silent majority: those who don't post at all, and are not overly concerned with the changes. They're busy playing the game, and very often reading these forums without commenting. They are interested, but not polarized.

You're wrong.

Your assumption -- that if people are not posting on these forums or PMing you, they must not be upset about the server merges -- is wrong. Your conclusion -- that if people have not already cancelled their Patron status, then they're not going to quit eventually -- is wrong.

I'm one of those people who has never posted on the forums before. I've lurked occasionally, but have never posted.

I'm posting now because I want you to know that you're wrong.

Last night on my server, faction chat was focused on 2 things: the suddenly high price of Apex, and whether people were going to quit when the servers merge. The majority of people said they were going to play until you take their land, then they're done.

When I talked to my guild about it, every single person other than me said they were going to quit either when they lost their land or when their current subscription runs out. I'm still having fun, but I doubt I'm going to be having as much fun if I'm the last member of my guild left.

I'm sure some people may change their minds and try out the land grab. I'm sure many of those who participate in the land grab will continue to play afterwards. I don't think this is going to be an apocalypse.

But if you think that anyone who isn't complaining on these forums agrees with what you're doing, I think you're in for an unpleasant surprise. And if you think people aren't going to be upset when they join a new server and can't claim good plots, then you're crazy.

Yes, apparently only 10 people quit on Day 1 of the announcement. But people are going to continue to trickle out. They're not going to renew their subscriptions. Or they're going to quit when you take their land. Or they're going to quit when they can't get land after the server merges. Or they're going to quit when all their friends have quit.

Please, I'm honestly asking you, communicate with the people on your lower pop servers. Talk to them about how they feel about this. You're new here, and this is a rough way to introduce yourself. It's a tough situation for you.

But if part of your job is gauging the community's reaction, you should engage the community. I don't actually believe you think this is going to be all roses and sunshine. I think you're looking at it realistically. (At least I hope you are.) But if the face you're putting on here is how you actually feel, I think you're going to be surprised.

This is a long post, but one more concern. This one's pretty selfish, since I'm in a small guild (that's potentially going to be really small by the time server merges happen). What's going to happen in PvP areas during the land grab?

If I was a large guild, I'd stake my claim to a PvP area. If anyone tried to claim land in our area, we'd just kill them until we had all the land.

It wasn't that big of a deal when the game first launched and everyone was starting on the same footing, with equal gear and no real guilds established. But it's going to be very different now. Large guilds are going to dominate the land grab in PvP areas. Smaller guilds -- like mine -- and players without guilds are going to get shut out.

Any thoughts on leveling the playing field? Or should we smaller guilds focus on non-PvP areas?

Jridg
06-02-2015, 07:36 PM
More than anything, I was curious about the difference in vocal players, that weren't afraid to be flamed out. I know that a lot of people are keeping quiet against the merge as well because they're tentative about the forums, or any number of reasons. I'm very much aware of the silent majority, and how it's in their best interest, but much of the time, that silent majority is either not a stakeholder, or is entirely ignorant of the issue. I've gone out of my way for affairs like this locally for the past couple of years, and every time, "The silent majority" is the Deus Ex Machina, that lets whoever is sitting on top do whatever they please. I also understand that maintaining servers isn't exactly free, which is a difficult for this situation.

I'm torn by this subject, and I can't say that I'll leave immediately and never spend another penny on the game, but I can say that my interest very well may wane once I've lost all of my land, or my guild loses our little village. I'll have less motivation to come back to the game at the end of a long day because I'll be dreading, every day that I'm going to get another swift kick in the breeches. News of this "Evolution" was a big change, and reminder for some players, that Trion's word doesn't hold weight, or maybe it was the moment that the blinders finally fell off.

Telling us that there will be no merge, then performing one, even with advanced notice, even with the PR spin, is a betrayal. No, that's not a strong word, it's the literal definition of it (To be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling). I don't expect what we say or do will have any impact on the decision made, I've seen the process go through in a dozen ways before this.
As futile as it is, I want to make sure that at the very least, what we have to say doesn't just get swept under the rug, that at least what we say is heard.
I've followed Archeage for ages before it was even announced for North America, back when Animal Taming was a proposed skill tree like Battlerage and Archery. It's been a game dear to my heart for quite some time, and it's been the first game that I've anticipated for more than a year, that wasn't an enormous disappointment in what was delivered. Yes, it took me months to finally get what I wanted from the first moment I watched that gameplay demo in korean so long ago. I got the land I wanted, and set up a happy little village with some friends that have become very important to me, even if that little village was in the middle of a warzone where people go out of their way to murder us in our homes. We worked very hard to get where we are, and stripping it away, feeding us some line about how it's what we want, is disgusting.

I think that if we were told from the start that it was about server costs, some of us might have been far less upset. Some players might have gone so far as to make donations to try and help stabilize them. Maybe it would have just made different people angry about it. The largest thing that has me upset about this news is that it was presented like we're supposed to be happy about it. All that we know for certain about the "Evolution" is that it feels about as real as Barbie's plastic smile. Maybe it's true that this was all in the best interest of the servers' communities, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Well said

Sharon
06-02-2015, 07:37 PM

For the merge:

Against the merge:
Runes911, DjinniGenie, Trixologist, Kaleyah, maiyah, Furball The Second, Peter Van, Lokoo, Discoteka, Dirtyredz, Draethorn, blackhole, Kloee (Won't even be affected (yet)), TehOuchies, Laearra, Rilect, Furdaddio, hawkmyg, Yoru, JustDan, Robeus, beer can steve, Larcen, vagrant, Gentatsu, DataDog, None, Reyzoul Soulstorm, Mudbone827, Mingo, TranceFox, Spumonii, Raziell, FatesTenacity, MinervaBlitz, Nerrivik, DriveByViktum, elgen, Roma Fireheart, Cynara, Kitwyn, Zengiar, Skulz, Zegend, Sarat00ga, SSDD, Addictar, Hanthos, Animaester, Posaune, NZ1, Kjkidman, Mozam, Lanthrudar, catzilla, Baddiez, Tunez, SkullMonkey, CalliCat, Calanthir, Tunez, nooneistherestill, notTalon, Bunnyleptic, Nerrivik, archeagegamer, krackers, Nomi, onedrkzero, Service, Wynda, Darklich, coltraz (Just for hackers), Sacsback, Voom, Tikri, rist, Anfauglir, Mackzelll, meaghs, Cigtech, Scargap, KobaltBlue, FileHawk, nekrosh, RichWhale, Darkkamui, Shrimpables, Geriatric, TheHunter, Scrivean, Turalyon, Felli85, Kasseopea, Katje, stupidgirl, brandierenae, Arkadies, Disgruntledtech, Zyhrah, Selaesori, Mclaren, Accela, Pwnedbyme77, Naiadelle, Sass, Irritation, Bullshihtzu, Draxick, Nextactus, EVO, Doomhunter, Kuze13, mommamist, SweetMikka, Ruthlass, Rho, mrsoap, gips, Kethvin, Cedarik, BorgKitten, Lovebane, Theblight, Canute, Optical, kagura, Athenarlm, Zuleica, Storbu

You missed me. I'm against the merge.

Nex2K
06-02-2015, 07:39 PM
What we see is a group of very engaged, invested, passionate players voicing their concerns. The people without concerns are not posting here, because they do not have concerns. However, low population servers are not fun for the majority of players, and they have been asking for a solution to population issues for some time.
We're doing the best we can to make the largest proportion of players happy, and this thread is open to help us collect more questions, challenges and constructive feedback. It will help a great deal in making the process better for all.

"The people without concerns are not posting here, because they do not have concerns". Firstly this thread is barely 48 hours old and has over 1800 posts, almost all with a negative opinion on the MERGER. Secondly, the reason i highlighted this quote was because i love the connotations of it. Do you mean the small minority of people who like the idea are to afraid to back you up or do you mean everyone who doesnt respond here agrees with you? If its the former then you've hardly justified your argument and if its the latter (which i suspect reading the rest of your post which has a strong overture of "none of your opinions matter as i class you all as the few with the loudest voices") then i suggest you rethink your title of "director of community relations" because the absence of consent is not consent. If you truly are here to relate with the community then you can only deal with those who respond not assume that those that dont must agree with you.

I've literally only been playing a few weeks on one of the so called low population servers and i still struggle to find land and do not feel its under populated as almost every one on it is highly active. So what happens to all the land plots people dont get to place in time in this MERGER. Does your completed house sit in your inventory with its full storage chests inside the completed house waiting for you to place the completed house on an available plot 6 months after the MERGER when the population begins to drop only to be told two weeks after you place the house that due to low population an "evolution" will take place and once again your completed house with its full storage chests sit in your inventory for another 6 months due to another MERGER!

Canute
06-02-2015, 07:39 PM
There won't be enough land on the new server. And that is by design, they know this even if they won't admit it.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
so, apparently arenzeb crashed.
wounder how many of the silent majority who were to busy "playing the game", didn't come over here and comment, although it is hard for fake people to comment.

Syakamaru
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
It sounds as if they do this they may as well just re-launch the game fresh. It would have the same effect on everyone at least.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
The only people who would stay after the merge are people who got their spots back. This will be the minority of players, and the rest who lost theirs will be gone.

Paranormal
06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
This thread clearly states subject to change and also the need for constructive feedback. Outline what it is you fear, why you fear a change and proposed solutions/compromises.

28 people all stating im leaving doesn't do much good.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
This thread clearly states subject to change and also the need for constructive feedback. Outline what it is you fear, why you fear a change and proposed solutions/compromises.

There's been plenty of constructive criticism, but they have been responded to with "You're just afraid of change. Don't you want those mean old landbarons and slumlords to not have any more land? The people who are afraid of you guys flaming them and won't post are the majority, and they like our idea, even if you don't like it."

They haven't really responded to any concerns, and might just be listening to the echo chamber.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
is that so ? so they dont care at all and this thread is just a place for people to fight over while they are laughing at us and not caring and saying "most people are happy with it"
well if merge is going to happen anyway then they better merge every single server . thats the only fair thing

Unfortunately I believe that is exactly what this thread is. They will throw us some pr spin to make us think they are taking our opinions into consideration and in the end they will do whatever they want and nothing we have said here will mean a damn thing.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Everyone just cancel. A few months later you will get an email giving u free patron, exclusive wardrobe items, gliders and mounts, lots of consumables and free credits! You get payed not to play on Archeage.

The servers will probably be so dead they will throw in a free land package!

After this fiasco they could buy me a real house in the real world and I still wouldn't spend another dime on this fail of a company.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Already done. I am one of the elusive ten! Three of the ten, in fact! The rest of you stop claiming to have cancelled too, there can be only ten! :p

But I am 3 how can this be, does trion operate is some weird parallel universe where math does not work the same way?

Xollo
06-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Finally, we meet the silent majority: those who don't post at all, and are not overly concerned with the changes.

Apathy != support

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Banking on "Well, we say only 10 have unsubscribed. Must mean the rest of them like it." No, the rest of us are just waiting to see if you actually do it. Then check the numbers instead of trying to assume what "the silent majority who don't post" think.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Here's an idea. Make a message pop up on the server every hour, "Vote in the server merge poll, located in Marianople or (East Equivalent)! Give everyone a token, 1 per account, and let them cast their vote with an NPC. If the majority are opposed, it would be a poor business decision to follow through. Don't just "assume" who the majority is. Not everyone reads the forums or watches the livestreams.

Koyu
06-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Please dont forget to find a way to store planted stuff like Beehives! I have 96 beehives i am not going to lose them took my months!

Nattalia
06-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I have tons of question regarding these merger. So yeah Trion please tell me how will the following be possible in the event of mergers.

1. All my land (I have 2 mansions, 15 gazebos, 4 16x16 and 1 lunar scarecrow on different accounts). All of these have been earned through hard work!
2. All the content of my chest, all decorations, stations etc.
3. All my gear, weapon armor etc
4. How will you bring back the feeling of being part of a community
5. How will you bring back my guildies, my guild and all we strived for during the past months
6. How will you give me back my mounts, vehicules?
7. How will you give me back all the materials I spent to build all my land, that includes taxes.
8. How will you give me back the time I spent trying to build something awesome for me and my guild.

This list can go on.

How can trion be sure 100% sure that Mergers are what is required for this game to get better.

Some people do love low pop servers for lots of reasons so why the merge?

Honestly, trion should atleast post an OFFICIAL survey directly ingame to see how people truly feel about that.

Nattalia

Janudar (Empty as ♥♥♥♥, but damn awesome)

Paranormal
06-02-2015, 08:03 PM
There's been plenty of constructive criticism, but they have been responded to with "You're just afraid of change. Don't you want those mean old landbarons and slumlords to not have any more land? The people who are afraid of you guys flaming them and won't post are the majority, and they like our idea, even if you don't like it."

They haven't really responded to any concerns, and might just be listening to the echo chamber.

I think they are taking a list of follow up questions. It's most likely going to take bit of time to nail down answers, and even then things are still subject to change until it actually happens =/ I do see later posts seems to get better, there's just some many folks knee jerk reacting right now.

I was an Alpha patron and didn't get to headstart due to queue and other issues, I also didn't get into Auroria due to server issues. Then of course there's an underlining toxicity that seems to exist with folks being racist or homophobic that just isn't quitting, and they don't want to be involved in.
Frankly, since there's a designated RP server, finally, maybe they should consider having on of the servers to "evolve" to be a hardcore PVP server were very few zones (starter) are safe unless in peace time.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 08:05 PM
snip

And we might have to go through this again in a few more months. We might keep playing, start accumulating land close to each other, and in 6 more months, you tell us that you're doing another server merge and we're losing our land again. Can you tell us that there won't be any further server merges again in the future? (I suspect the answer is "no," but I thought I should ask anyway.)

Would you believe them if they assured you it would not happen again? I mean they said less than a month ago there would be no merges. Then they said they would work on transfers now its no transfers just merges. You cannot trust a word they say so even if they assured you that you would be safe rebuilding on your new server could you believe them after this?

talace
06-02-2015, 08:13 PM
i pay 30$ a month for 2 accts... you take my land and i am done .. why even play if i am going to lose the land ... there is nothing you can give me to make up for takeing land i have work so hard to get... ff 14 will probley be my new game

nooneistherestill
06-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Would you believe them if they assured you it would not happen again? I mean they said less than a month ago there would be no merges. Then they said they would work on transfers now its no transfers just merges. You cannot trust a word they say so even if they assured you that you would be safe rebuilding on your new server could you believe them after this?

No .they have lost way too much credibility

bizoiador
06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
impressive how the carebears have so much time to post 24/7.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:18 PM

Sounds like you're either for the merge or don't care because you're not affected. If the former, please share your reasoning!

bizoiador
06-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Sounds like you're either for the merge or don't care because you're not affected. If the former, please share your reasoning!

I will be affected but I believe I can take the best out of it.

Avenged
06-02-2015, 08:22 PM

As a new player coming from WoW after 10 years of dedication, this game looked incredible when I switched a few weeks ago... I was just getting ready to become a patron when I heard of the merger and decided to do my homework first.... I found that it would be an incredible waste of money to do so now I really enjoy this game so far the community is awesome, extremely helpful and considerate of new players. The game itself is extremely in depth I was truly looking forward to the crafting and housing Archeage offers. The merger or as they call it "evolution" taking all that away would be devastating especially as a new player I can't see dedicating any more time and definitely won't be paying the patron cost. This seems like an incredibly foolish decision by Trion. I may still play until I find something or if I hear this has been reevaluated and no longer happening but I will be looking for something else in the mean time... Anyways I am rambling now and just wanted to add my concerns and explanation instead of leaving it at I will be quitting.

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 08:22 PM

Well some of us work for a living at mundane jobs that allow us to have lots of money to spend on this and other games and lots of downtime where we are waiting for something which allows us to post on the forums. Though I am not sure why I am bothering with you at all you are one of those pvp kids who can't see past his own selfish desires and consider other peoples playstyles.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:24 PM
I will be affected but I believe I can take the best out of it.

How so? Do you have land? Do you not have land and believe you can get some with a merge?

Kudy
Ahhh, so there it is. Trion has officially announced a forced merger and a new land rush. Thereby, they have officially declared war on their most loyal customers.

Trino, Trino, Trino, this can only end in tears for you. Allow me to explain:

1. Many people will quit. Period.
2. There are those that are still addicted, like myself. I have now cancelled my two subs, and will continue playing the game for as long as I see fit as an Apex freeloader. I expect many of the remaining people will do the exact same thing.

This will result in a huge demand for Apex. Good for you, you think ?
Well, not quite. Prices for Apex will skyrocket. This means that:

1. Apex sellers now have to purchase far fewer Apexes to get the usual amount of gold.
2. Not many Apex sellers will be willing to invest their money on servers that are scheduled for demolition.
3. Many players will be unable to afford Apex with their ingame gold and leave the game. (This will eventually include myself.)
4. Because of points 1-3, you are likely to kill off your existing low pop servers before they even have a chance to be merged.

Not to mention that you have just ruined any remaining fun players on your "death-list-servers" could have had for months to come.

So, you will lose:

1. Money from your subscribers
2. Money people would spend on credits
3. Money from Apex sellers
4. The playerbase in general

In a few months time, you will have nothing but free players left who kill each other in Arena all day. Archeage, a unique game that started out as a promising MMORPG and was evolved by it’s publishers into a limited and dull Arena simulater, without the diversity of battle.net. Congratulations.

I hereby nominate Trion, Inc. for the Karl Marx Business Oscar, bestowed only on those companies that have no interest in their own profit, but are instead determined to make as many people, including their own staff, as miserable as possible.

Well done.

^ This

As you can see i don't post here often, i haven't really needed to, to be honest. I rode through all the crash's, the glitching, the whineing cause the game is good. This however i fear will kill the game. There is NO need for server merges at all, those that wish to be on higher populated server's can simply move. If this does go ahead i will doubt that i will continue my subscription.

CalliCat
I thought the community was toxic before this thread, now it is a guarentee that the player base here is a sad lot of a ♥♥♥♥ing rejects. It is a game, stop whinging about something that you can replace. The fun of the game is playing against other players to try and get different resources. I own half of villanelle with a Mansion right on the water, and I don't give a flying ♥♥♥♥ about them taking away the server as long as they give me one with more people to kill I am content. Man the ♥♥♥♥ up, you whiney little ****s.

What is fun for you may not be fun for someone else. It's supposed to be a sandbox where people can play their way. Your way is not the only way nor is mine but I have room to consider your way is valuable and valid to you. Why can you not offer me the same courtesy?

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:26 PM
I thought the community was toxic before this thread, now it is a guarentee that the player base here is a sad lot of a ♥♥♥♥ing rejects. It is a game, stop whinging about something that you can replace. The fun of the game is playing against other players to try and get different resources. I own half of villanelle with a Mansion right on the water, and I don't give a flying ♥♥♥♥ about them taking away the server as long as they give me one with more people to kill I am content. Man the ♥♥♥♥ up, you whiney little ****s.

If you don't care about losing your land and just want more people to kill, then why not just take a server transfer if it was offered?

Sariall
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Assuming people go on with their regular play right until the servers go down for merges, what will happen to say.. mails in waiting? Will we still be getting mails from traderuns made just prior to the shut-down when we get transferred to the new ones?

Hanthos
06-02-2015, 08:31 PM

You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. First, learn to spell moron. Second, the fun of the game is whatever the ♥♥♥♥ the player in question decides, not your narcissistic ♥♥♥. How about YOU man the ♥♥♥♥ up and pound sand! No one gives a rats ♥♥♥ about your level of contentment.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 08:34 PM

ummm half of nothing is still nothing dude ;) and guess what some maybe many don't worry about whacking off ohi mean brainless skilless pvp lite that is Archeage pvp

QueenBee
06-02-2015, 08:36 PM
good thing blade and soul is coming out the same time. Had you properly dealt with your opening queue times and not created a ton of servers...you may not have such a large issue.

Gentatsu
06-02-2015, 08:44 PM
@Trion,

really yer basing yer info on the point that only 10 people closed their accounts, pardon me, ROFLMAO.. let me give you a history lesson. Remember SONY? They had this beta for star wars galaxies, I know because i was in it. The game was released and we were all happy gamers, pvpers and campers. I myself had multiple accounts purely for crafting and harvesting that i was paying for. From day 1 of SWG release for the first 11 months i did 2 things. i crafted and sold gear, earning 230 million credits in the first 11 months and worked at unlocking my jedi. I was close to the final step. When Sony decided to change the merchant system in SWG, which totally made us hard core crafters very angry and we voiced it in game and on forums. they Lost a lot of customers when they did that Including my multiple accounts accounts and my friends multiple accounts total i think we were controlling around 11 or 12 accounts so we could harvest and craft the best gear. Then they decided that unlocking the jedi was to hard so they revamped and gave everyone a jedi. SWG was a great game, but sony did not listen to its customers on the forums or in game. Where is SWG now? shut down due to high cost of keeping the servers running vs income from paying customers. Even the server mergers didnt help it. When it was released SWG had over a million customers and and they all left because sony decided to bite the hand that feeds it.

oh, and did those SWG customers quit johny on the spot. NO, we played until they actually updated the game with their changes then droped the game like a hot potato. I havent made up my mind wether i shall stay or go, but i am pissed because of the pr spins and lying. we are not merging, we are not merging..

Just thought I would give ya a FYI heads on reality because i sure wouldnt count on the loosing 10 customers in 1 day as accurate info as to how many folks are really angry about it. They are going to wait until the day of update to see what Trion actually does, they ya will see the true results. Until then its all speculation.

but then again, i do understand that the greedy multi millionaire investors are demanding bigger profits and so thus yer doing this merger, pardon me, evolution to meet that goal. Its just a bonus that the pvpers will get more victims to steal packs from and wont loose a single thing from this, but hey thats ok. :p

oh and a final lesson for you community managers. Dont put a PR spin on it. Dont fib. Just tell us like it is because a lot of us are adults which normally washes their kids mouth out with soap for telling lies and half truths. Lying about something or twisting the words in attempt keep people calm will only make us 3 times more angry than just telling us straight up what the truth is. :p

Dear customers,
Due to an increase in costs and a decrease in our customer base we have had to make a hard decision. Unfortunately this will only effect some players as we are planning to merge some servers in the near future. We will be posting a complete list of the effected servers with an FAQ at a later date. When this merger happens we will do our best to make it as smooth as possible however it does not look like we will be able to save anyone's land spots on the new server. However we will pack up your houses and farmers into prebuild kits so you wont have to respend the materials and taxes to put them back down. We Apologize in advance for this but its something need to do.

See Trion, if i would have read this ^ as your announcement I would not have gotten nearly as angry. I would been like, well dammit this sucks and just moved on and not rant like i have been.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Tremic
06-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah you may be losing your land, but a healthier game is more important imo.

Bluesage22
Yet they care about yours? This is a gaming forum, not an english class. Trying to one up someone on grammer makes you look like a tool. Keep on trucking carebear.

Aurkae
Dear customers,
Due to an increase in costs and a decrease in our customer base we have had to make a hard decision. Unfortunately this will only effect some players as we are planning to merge some servers in the near future. We will be posting a complete list of the effected servers with an FAQ at a later date. When this merger happens we will do our best to make it as smooth as possible however it does not look like we will be able to save anyone's land spots on the new server. However we will pack up your houses and farmers into prebuild kits so you wont have to respend the materials and taxes to put them back down. We Apologize in advance for this but its something need to do.

I'd be happier with this, honestly. (Although, ArcheAge did say they gained a lot of players.) I can't imagine the truth being anything more than "Greetings, players. In hopes to cut costs..." Still, I'd rather see that then the condescending vibe I am getting.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Yet they care about yours? This is a gaming forum, not an english class. Trying to one up someone on grammer makes you look like a tool. Keep on trucking carebear.

You must not have seen my question! If you don't care if you lose your land and just want more people to PvP with, would you take a server transfer if it was offered to you?

Jenelise
06-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Two of three patrons canceled, though my sub doesn't expire for a few days, soo... Hold on to your ♥♥♥♥♥, Trion. Your "10" accounts is just the tip of the iceberg.

Bluesage22
06-02-2015, 08:50 PM
You must not have seen my question! If you don't care if you lose your land and just want more people to PvP with, would you take a server transfer if it was offered to you?

Yes, but with a fresh start on a server it allows everyone to start on the same grounds, rather then joining a server that is been up for the past year.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Lol all I can say is you are all hypocrites. The community will do better with out you lot of ♥♥♥♥ing whinging moaning ♥♥♥♥♥es. This actually might be a purge of all the toxic waste that is the Archeage community atm.

HAHAHAHA damn you are cute :) If the game could do so well without everyone you don't like would we be on this forum talking about trion screwing some of us but not all ?

Hanthos
06-02-2015, 08:54 PM

And you still can't spell. Wow, and you call me a tool! Go back to mommy's basement and turn on your XBone and leave the adults be. And keep on trolling junior, that word no longer has any meaning to many of us, especially when coming from a PvP troll.

Linesey
06-02-2015, 08:54 PM

but the game is not sick, at least not in a way a merger will fix, and the only problems a merger would fix could be fixed by transfers.

Soopaballz
06-02-2015, 08:55 PM
If I'm about to lose the land I worked so dam hard for and paid so dam much for... I will not stay. I PAY for my patron and if the benefits I get for it will be so easily taken away I will not stay with this game. Someone else can have my money and play time. Too bad. I liked this game so much, just to be F'd in the ♥♥♥. Plus, I have wayyy to much in storage chests to hold on to. So what happens when I can't secure all my previous property to pull all my chests on. What I just lose that ♥♥♥♥. Yeah ♥♥♥♥ that. If that happens I will DEF not play this game anymore and will make sure to post reviews on every website I can think of.

Canute
06-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Ah so fun is only what you say it is. Thanks for letting us know.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 08:56 PM

Healthier How ? could you elaborate and do you mean healthier and more fun for you because if you do you need to say that and not hide the meaning behind some bs altruistic rhetoric

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Yes, but with a fresh start on a server it allows everyone to start on the same grounds, rather then joining a server that is been up for the past year.

That's an understandable position to take. Although, for some people, the land they acquired if what they are proud of, similar to how someone may be proud of their gear score or the gear they have. In those terms, the equivalent would be if Trion nerfed Epherium gear and up to be on par with Magnificent so that everyone could be on "the same grounds." Obviously, if someone worked their ♥♥♥ off for Delph gear, maybe even spent real money to buy tokens to regrade it, this would piss them off considerably and make them hesitant to try and progress again if it's possible it would happen again.

Herzeleid
06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
The biggest problem of ALL, regarding the land rush, is one big nasty issue: its not about lan barons, or even land hackers. Its about amn placement, about those people who will place 2 houses occupying 4 plots because they are "saving up" for whenever a bigger farm will release or to sell afterwards, or for friends that will log in 2 times every month... or whatever. Or they will just ruin plot spaces because they can and they dont want others to have land in strategic areas.
THIS IS THE ISSUE that nobody talks about! And we all know it will happen and its likely the biggest, most annoying and selfish ♥♥♥♥ to do in this game. And it WILL 10000000% happen again.
Remember, that all the months that had passed since AA launch had fixed this issue at the state the server land is now. People quit, move houses around, expand, and so, right now, the housing zones look as they are use properly to their full capacity. But how will we all feel when entire housing zones will be again taken by 3 buildings?

Take that and call it "EVOLUTION" once again. For crying out loud.

Gentatsu

Please enlighten me on a more healthier game?? OH, the pvpers get to target more victims and steal their packs. Gotcha.

QueenBee
Lol all I can say is you are all hypocrites. The community will do better with out you lot of ♥♥♥♥ing whinging moaning ♥♥♥♥♥es. This actually might be a purge of all the toxic waste that is the Archeage community atm.

Sounds like an RPer from the RP community. They have your mentality as well.

Jridg

Jesus you are dumb. Can you please explain what's hypocritical about the responses you got to your troll post?

Canute
Brilliant, in depth analysis.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 08:58 PM

This is similar to saying you have brain cancer. Just chop off your head instead of attempting to treat it with less extreme measures.

cloud777
06-02-2015, 08:58 PM
~Brasse

I haven't had time to read all the replies but this sounds strange to me. I know I cancelled 5 subscriptions, I've received email's confirming this. Most of the accounts have 54 days to run on patron though.

I suspect what you've been told is the number of accounts that lost patron status, not the number of cancelled subscriptions. It will be several months before the cancelled subscriptions show up as lost patrons.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 08:59 PM

ohhh noooo you mean cuz dats hard :( I thought you wanted people to man up but not you tho :))) gotta love it

Bluesage22
06-02-2015, 09:00 PM
And you still can't spell. Wow, and you call me a tool! Go back to mommy's basement and turn on your XBone and leave the adults be. And keep on trolling junior, that word no longer has any meaning to many of us, especially when coming from a PvP troll.

Why are you trying so hard? Every insult you throw out is hollow, get a grip bud.

Lycefur
06-02-2015, 09:00 PM
The fix is easy and can be done with this train wreck of merger's that is come. Let's not forget how auro patch went and most of us got screwed out of that. Not to mention the land rush at release when we had to wait 12 hours half the time just to get into game.

Instead of new server's set it up like this. All server's is a auction house cluster merge. When I say merge I do not mean any of the servers are removed or destroyed. Instead each server in that cluster becomes a channel. Players would be able to move freely between server channels to counter the effect of a single server with low population. Every one would be able to keep the land they worked hard for and the community would not have to deal with the stress of another land rush.

Given how poorly the last two major land rushes went I don't think we could hand another one. Most people are not even considering the major impact that sort of thing will have on the economy. Enla was ranked the highest in cross sea trade runs that produce resources in NA yet it is one of the server's slated to be removed. While I do not care for the castle system I can more then see the effects of losing hundreds of thousands of gold per week that they produce. More so given that fishing and coin purses have been nerfed to next to nothing. We have all seen what happens when there is not enough gold being produce in the system already.

The technology for the channel system appears to already be in place in the game we see it used in the library with multi channels. On top of that Khorlan has had some experience already using that sort of system from his days working at SOE.

This is what they need to do or else I'm leaving, first my black pearl, now my land, what's next, my delph?

deathleaf
06-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I love my own modest landholdings. My best hours are spent there, decorating, farming, relaxing, chatting with people. I have also invested much time and not an insignificant amount of cash. Land ownership is an integral part of ArcheAge, and without a doubt, THE most challenging aspect of the changes coming up.

I don't recall using the terms "carebear" or "Farmville 3d."
There is no doubt, however, going by the empty but claimed lots that one encounters while searching for plots, that there are indeed speculators (the aforementioned land barons and slumlords) who are just holding land to no purpose. Profit, I suppose, and there is a strong case to be made for the metagame that is real estate speculation in ArcheAge, so I shouldn't disparage them.

We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)#

"We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)# " Means the "high Pop" servers don't have the people to make up the difference.

Gentatsu

well, considering im Giving Trion really money for my patron status. I am pretty sure that entitles me to voice my opinion, like it or not right or wrong? For the record, I understand what ever happens will happen. It doesnt mean i have to like it and keep my mouth shut, right??!!

Canute
Sounds like an RPer from the RP community. They have your mentality as well.

Nah, this is a text book example of a 1v1nopotsnoprecast duel me noob k3wld3wd.

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Seriously? EVERYONE? There will be a land rush for Evolving servers, yes. Keep in mind that this also means that land barons and slumlords may not get all of the choicest plots.
This also means that servers that are NOT evolving may have people upset that land barons and slumlords get to keep all that real estate under lock and key. =)

i have 3 nice propertys, best i liked, and all my family and friends together (about 15 all together).. you canīt even imagine what we had to do since begining of game to play together, in fact, before game started we focus that place.. no compensation, no money or taxes refund can be fair to us, like downgraded black Pearl, nothing you can do compensate what you offered, to what you nerf or expropiate us.. we played a game, and you gived us politics of game, and expropiate because other players needed.. i want to know if you will nerf or take away delphinads bows to those players didnīt care about land or spots, or didnīt use gold in it.

is nice to welcome new players, but.. why old players has to loose what they won honestly? (sometimes buying spot to hack players that speculated with land)
why we loose Trion?, why?.. you canīt sell AA, or offer this nice game with our detriment?.. why we pay you? we pay you to give us what you offered, not to take away our land, to give new players.. your responsability is bring new players (all wants that), but not in detriment of old players, or land players.. think more something good to them with no taking away the lands to old, effort and land players.

is like, you take all equipment out, in order to help new players, some will loose illustrius, others will loose epherium, other will loose delphinad or ayanad.. nice to new in game, but.. totally unfair in order of how much effort, time, money, or all together, spent in this game. do you think a good equipment player have a key of his equipt or bow? will you expropiate it too?

you will win a lot in taxes, a lot, people starting to put 8x8, trying to make spots for gazebos again, lot of scarecrow movements, lots, thats a lot of money, in taxes.. we loose, is that real reason?, is that? or you canīt offer a good game to new players with no expropiate land to old players?

is this about money?, or expropiate to rich/old players land?, donīt do politics with us trion, donīt do it.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:03 PM
I don't recall using the terms "carebear" or "Farmville 3d."
There is no doubt, however, going by the empty but claimed lots that one encounters while searching for plots, that there are indeed speculators (the aforementioned land barons and slumlords) who are just holding land to no purpose. Profit, I suppose, and there is a strong case to be made for the metagame that is real estate speculation in ArcheAge, so I shouldn't disparage them.

And where are these empty lots? I've not seen them. And how could holding an empty lot, not using it, while still paying the taxes, be holding it for profit? It seems like a lack of profit.

We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)#

Please, praytell. ;) Why won't voluntary transfers make the cut? Either out of the server or to it? :-*

Also, thank you for confirmation that it is happening regardless of feedback given. There probably shouldn't even be a feedback board. ;D

Bluesage22
06-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Jesus you are dumb. Can you please explain what's hypocritical about the responses you got to your troll post?

My troll post? I was saying my opionion have you not stated yours? Yet you came at me directly with insults, did I do that to you? You are massive hypocrite and don't deserve anymore of my time. Peace ♥♥♥♥♥, dry those tears.. RL will go on, though your land might not.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 09:05 PM
"We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)# " Means the "high Pop" servers don't have the people to make up the difference.

This I am afraid is the biggest problem :( and Trion is going to sacrifice some of us to keep the sinking ship afloat a leetle while longer to squeeze those last few bucks out :(

Bluesage22
06-02-2015, 09:06 PM
well, considering im Giving Trion really money for my patron status. I am pretty sure that entitles me to voice my opinion, like it or not right or wrong? For the record, I understand what ever happens will happen. It doesnt mean i have to like it and keep my mouth shut, right??!!

Please do share your opinion, it is exactly what I was doing. Just don't be upset when people disagree with you and show your true colors by going on attack mode with hollow online insults that mean jack all.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:08 PM
If people are complaining that there isn't enough people in their low pop server, why not let them transfer out of it? Everyone is happy.

Hanthos
Why are you trying so hard? Every insult you throw out is hollow, get a grip bud.

Trying?

Hard?

Don't flatter yourself junior. I'm mildly amusing myself, slapping you around like the can't-spell-reject that you are. Only thing hollow here is the cavity between your ears.

Qvi
you will win a lot in taxes, a lot, people starting to put 8x8, trying to make spots for gazebos again, lot of scarecrow movements, lots, thats a lot of money, in taxes.. we loose, is that real reason?, is that? or you canīt offer a good game to new players in detriment old players?

is this about money?, or expropiate to rich/old players land?, donīt do politics with us trion, donīt do it. (i want answer)

Kitwyn
My troll post? I was saying my opionion have you not stated yours? Yet you came at me directly with insults, did I do that to you? You are massive hypocrite and don't deserve anymore of my time. Peace ♥♥♥♥♥, dry those tears.. RL will go on, though your land might not.
Ohh my gawd you are sooo precious I love it :0 you came in all surly and was gonna put us in our place with insults then was surprised when you got hmmmm what is the lame pvp'er term ohh yes got rekt just precious :)

Avenged
06-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Please do share your opinion, it is exactly what I was doing. Just don't be upset when people disagree with you and show your true colors by going on attack mode with hollow online insults that mean jack all.

Yes because we all know that calling people "whinging ♥♥♥♥♥es" is not at all a hollow online insult...just saying :S

Jridg
06-02-2015, 09:11 PM
i have 3 nice propertys, best i liked, and all my family and friends together (about 15 all together).. you canīt even imagine what we had to do since begining of game to play together, in fact, before game started we focus that place.. no compensation, no money or taxes refund can be fair to us, like downgraded black Pearl, nothing you can do compensate what you offered, to what you nerf or expropiate us.. we played a game, and you gived us politics of game, and expropiate because other players needed.. i want to know if you will nerf or take away delphinads bows to those players didnīt care about land or spots, or didnīt use gold in it.

is nice to welcome new players, but.. why old players has to loose what they won honestly? (sometimes buying spot to hack players that speculated with land)
why we loose Trion?, why?.. you canīt sell AA, or offer this nice game with our detriment?.. why we pay you? we pay you to give us what you offered, not to take away our land, to give new players.. your responsability is bring new players (all wants that), but not in detriment of old players, or land players.. think more something good to them with no taking away the lands to old, effort and land players.

is like, you take all equipment out, in order to help new players, some will loose illustrius, others will loose epherium, other will loose delphinad or ayanad.. nice to new in game, but.. totally unfair in order of how much effort, time, money, or all together, spent in this game. do you think a good equipment player have a key of his equipt or bow? will you expropiate it too?

you will win a lot in taxes, a lot, people starting to put 8x8, trying to make spots for gazebos again, lot of scarecrow movements, lots, thats a lot of money, in taxes.. we loose, is that real reason?, is that? or you canīt offer a good game to new players with no expropiate land to old players?

is this about money?, or expropiate to rich/old players land?, donīt do politics with us trion, donīt do it.

You've pretty much got it figured out. Cash grab via the store for tax certs and land redistribution to sell patron to newer players who haven't got a reason to buy patron if they don't have land. It's a brilliant plan by Trion, but it's about the most deceitful thing they could do to their paying customers. It's also why there's such a divide between people supporting the mergers and those opposing them. Trion PR machine spinning tales of "land barons and slum lords" haves and have nots, story as old as time. Divide and conquer, when the masses are fighting each other the Kings can do whatever the ♥♥♥♥ they want.

Lumpywaffle
06-02-2015, 09:12 PM

Don't take me wrong, your idea is good. But one of the biggest draws to archeage for me is the persistent world. If that changed, either by making the housing instanced or doing what you're suggesting.. It wouldn't be the same. I'm against server merges but I'd much rather have them happen than see the nature of the game changed in such a radical way.

koolly
06-02-2015, 09:12 PM
" We feel it’s important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers. " Well they got it half right i guess

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Instanced housing probably isn't the way to go.

meaghs
06-02-2015, 09:15 PM
https://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/6/xc/sr/rfXcSRxBwWLlwZB-800x450-noPad.jpg

If you are against the server merge... Let's put our voices together. Even if you do not have a character on these low pop servers.. remember.. if they do it to one.. they will do it to many.
https://www.change.org/p/trion-worlds-archeage-team-cancel-the-current-plan-to-evolve-servers-and-any-future-plans-that-effectively-merge-servers

peep
06-02-2015, 09:15 PM
I've played very actively since the beginning of alpha. I also played Rift for years in top tier raiding guilds and helped you, Trion, test new content over countless hours over the years. I am still on your side, Trion, but you're losing me as well. I know you guys have business decisions -- important ones for your livelihood -- and I've seen you make not-so-smart, large decisions based on incomplete (i.e., just the opinions of the loudest or the favorite few players) feedback. I've seen you surprised when the rest of the players react badly to large changes. In fact, I remember several Rift devs telling me directly about how players overreact at everything (exact words were "oh no! the sky is falling!").

Please don't make the same mistakes in managing ArcheAge. I've stuck with you through years, and I appreciate the fun I've had playing your games through thick and thin. I've already had too many (most) friends quit, and many more recently because they no longer felt land -- and by association, patron -- had any value. What is the point of maintaining patron to keep land when you can so easily make decisions on how and when to take them away?

I understand that this online content is owned by you, and not us. But sometimes it seems like you like to rub that in our faces to the point where many of us start feeling like we're investing our time, money, and friendships on a game that we're not really a part of, but guests who have overstayed our welcome. This will not help the game's longevity.

Director of Community -- you remind me of Daglar a little too much.

Jridg
06-02-2015, 09:16 PM

Yeah, your initial post called me and everyone posting in this thread that didn't share your opinion a bunch "whinging little ****'s" and now your calling me a "♥♥♥♥♥", yet you still haven't made a relevant, valid or intelligent point. You are correct, real life will go on, it'll just be much easier for those of us capable of intelligent rational thought.

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:16 PM
You've pretty much got it figured out. Cash grab via the store for tax certs and land redistribution to sell patron to newer players who haven't got a reason to buy patron if they don't have land. It's a brilliant plan by Trion, but it's about the most deceitful thing they could do to their paying customers. It's also why there's such a divide between people supporting the mergers and those opposing them. Trion PR machine spinning tales of "land barons and slum lords" haves and have nots, story as old as time. Divide and conquer, when the masses are fighting each other the Kings can do whatever the ♥♥♥♥ they want.

yes, they divide us, point rich/land owners.. and they get money of everyone, they sell the dream of land twice, and some stupid of us, people who really love have spot in that place or other one, will pay again or fight again for months to try get that dreamed spot.

iīm also, owner of old black Pearl, now, normal galleon (Little darked, lol).. a stupid owner of black Pearl (legendary ship, dreamed ship, that is stupid farmed ítem)

I've played very actively since the beginning of alpha. I also played Rift for years in top tier raiding guilds and helped you, Trion, test new content over countless hours over the years. I am still on your side, Trion, but you're losing me as well. .

me too (played rift since beging until warriors could heal, lol,), but this is sell spots twice , and had been so many taxes for me

lightningrat
06-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm from enla, and here's my slice for this server merge. We are contented of what we have, if you ever do this merge and land grabbers dropped bots in the sky again and dropped tons of plots across the server, consider us leaving this game. And because of this THREAD ALONE, a lot of people already dropped their subscription to Archeage from our server and lesser people started to join the server. I remember right after 1.7 was released population started to inflate again but this TREAD just crippled the servers growth in population. Remember that people who played this game since the beginning has spent all their time and effort to be able to get what they have right at this point either land or equipment, especially land. There are people who payed for the lands that they own in game and used all their resources to have it. Just like how people invested in their gear. Long before, some of us even do land transfers just so that we could save our guildies plots. And if all this people who have land lost it all, why would they need patron and why would they even need to play this game? I think this should be reconsidered. My suggestion to this is, rather than have sudden server dropping and relocation, why not have a patch that will provide a 1 time <SERVER RELOCATION> to any current server and not drop any server? So that those who wants to move could move and those who doesn't could stay.

Sixin79
06-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Just stop trying to make a land rush into a good thing when it is not. Just stop. No one is buying it. I have spent 9 months and hundreds of dollars and thousands upon thousands of gold, much of it to hackers you insist do not exist, finally getting my land all together in one spot. A land rush to me is useless because I will never be able to recreate what I have. EVERYONE DOES NOT WANT MERGES. Stop acting like everyone does. I would be surprised if even 50% of the player base wanted them. LAND RUSHES ARE NOT FUN! I was there at headstart and did not get land. You opened more servers, you said ROLL ON THESE SERVERS FOR LAND. Now you are saying. Sorry you listened to us. Say goodbye to all you have built we don't care. Stop acting like this is fun and everyone should be happy because WE WHO LOVE OUR LAND ARE NOT HAPPY!!!

there only one winner in this situation its TRION, they reduce the running cost and create more revenue, they couldn't care less about the players its all dollars and cents to them, i like the game and dont wont it too die but after this bullsh!t i hope they go bankrupt and all those trion employees will learn the hard way on the welfare queue

Kaguyaa
06-02-2015, 09:27 PM
What will happen to the castles when the evolution happens?

Jridg
06-02-2015, 09:28 PM
there only one winner in this situation its TRION, they reduce the running cost and create more revenue, they couldn't care less about the players its all dollars and cents to them, i like the game and dont wont it too die but after this bullsh!t i hope they go bankrupt and all those trion employees will learn the hard way on the welfare queue

Bingo! This exactly

Jax
06-02-2015, 09:28 PM

LONG LIVE THE MERGERS

Wow. Well aren't you the best spokesperson for the other side? Yeah, let's force mergers so we have to play with people like this guy...

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:29 PM
The only people who would still play are the people who have never had land and don't want it, and the people who manage to get their spots back.

I'm horrendously selfish, but if this merger happened and I got my spot back, I'd just lock myself in the chalet in the fetal position for a few days, whispering to myself that everything is okay. It would be a pain in the ♥♥♥ to refurnish.

Even then, I likely won't get my spot if the server wiped. Too many people wanted it. I worked so damn hard for that spot...

Sass
06-02-2015, 09:31 PM
https://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/6/xc/sr/rfXcSRxBwWLlwZB-800x450-noPad.jpg

If you are against the server merge... Let's put our voices together. Even if you do not have a character on these low pop servers.. remember.. if they do it to one.. they will do it to many.
https://www.change.org/p/trion-worlds-archeage-team-cancel-the-current-plan-to-evolve-servers-and-any-future-plans-that-effectively-merge-servers

Signed.

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:33 PM
some people say ♥♥♥♥ about you trion and left game
some other stay, keep playing and grab land, supporting you

and you sell those people for money to you, (sell all spots twice, will make start 8x8 spots, and loose a lot of taxes to get gazebo spot again). This is going to be soo much new taxes to you trion, you win, people support you loose. NICE

this is not about new players, and is not about Baronīs Land, because you already upgraded solar and lunar scarecrow, LOL
this is about sell us land again.. and iīm terrible disapoinment about you (like when you give warrior of Rift healing, lol)

people support merges, is because want spots they didnīt care before easy.. if they want population, just say transfer to another server, but NO, they want easy the spots didnīt care or didnīt buy before.. and all will loose taxes again

Zula
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Repost for awareness
If you won't do server transfers I believe this will make it less painful for the servers you merge!

Jax
06-02-2015, 09:34 PM

Cool. Cool....But hey go ahead and put me in the Against category in his place, since I think I made it to page...ummm, like maybe 40? before making it clear I am unsubbing if this is yet another promise broken. Thanks, Heartsteal22!

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 09:36 PM
it just makes me very sad that they are so willing to throw this many of us under the bus to keep the others happy for awhile and get a few more bucks out of the poor new-comers who don't know better :( and at the same time act as tho they are doing us some great favor and berate us for being selfish sighs that takes a special kind of nerve

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:39 PM
In 1.8 housing areas become safe zones

nice, sell land twice and kill pvp also, nice

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:41 PM
it just makes me very sad that they are so willing to throw this many of us under the bus to keep the others happy for awhile and get a few more bucks out of the poor new-comers who don't know better :( and at the same time act as tho they are doing us some great favor and berate us for being selfish sighs that takes a special kind of nerve

yes, also..
thats is false, i give spots to new players in my gild to help them.
if they want to punish land owners why new solar and lunar scarecrow this week???

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 09:42 PM
What will happen to the castles when the evolution happens?

The same thing that happens to everyone elses land.

miracle
06-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes, that means... LAND RUSH! All other details are under evaluation.
[added 06/02/15]

Need anyone remind Trion that the reason these "low population" servers were put in place to begin with were to mitigate the bad press they received of their dismal launch. To everyone on Inoch and Enla at least, the phrase "LAND RUSH" sends nothing but awful reminders of how bad launch was(day long queues, booted from server ect.). We basically grabbed leftovers (Inoch, Enla ect.) because every plot on Kyrios was taken in a matter of 3 hours(about the time your queue time was up if you were lucky). So be mindful of the people whom you are addressing this message/update to because not many of us have an ounce of faith in whatever it is you have planned. Some sort of "gate" is certainly needed such as first/early access for characters level 50+ in these affected servers

That being said, I've easily spent hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars to build everything I have now including all the plots I own in my desired location(probably spent near or over $1k since launch across 3 accounts but I'm too afraid to look back at credit card statements). I don't want to move, I don't think the server I'm on is "dead", most plots are taken and faction chat is always active. I like the fact I haven't had to compete with land hack bots(something that still hasn't been addressed). I think the population is at a decent level albeit on the lower end.

You've pretty much killed any motivation to keep playing this game if you're on one of the above servers. The majority of us are on these servers pretty much because we weren't able to get the land or name we wanted on the initial launch and now all our efforts and $money we've spent to acquire the spots that we have is being taken away. Above all, the fact there's no consideration to create any sort of "gate" such as allowing 50+ first/early access is most disrespectful of all who've invested so much on these servers and kind of smells like a cheap publicity attempt to attract new sign ups at the cost of stiffing the current player base.

Zula
06-02-2015, 09:44 PM
nice, sell land twice and kill pvp also, nice

You do know that come 1.8 this is implemented. It wasn't a suggestion I made idiot. Maybe try finding out more about the game your playing instead of posting dumbass remarks when you know nothing...

Jridg
06-02-2015, 09:44 PM
yes, also..
thats is false, i give spots to new players in my gild to help them.
if they want to punish land owners why new solar and lunar scarecrow this week???

Because those can be bought with RL money, and they can't be sold in game if they can't be placed on a new merged server, meaning more cash for trion. Starting to make sense now?

divStar
06-02-2015, 09:46 PM
If the server I am on was subject to the merge (because this is what it is), I would definitely quit - even though I only got 2 plots (a 28x and a 24x - not counting the aquafarm, because if it was gone, I wouldn't really mind too much). The reason is: these plots (both next to each other in White Arden) were very hard to get and the houses were very hard to build. Is it not bad enough I did not get the achievements for building those houses?

It does not matter. The only thing I would be concerned about, is, that this game is not about equal chances. Not only do people with higher ping have a disadvantage; I am afraid landhackers will benefit from this while honest people will lose what little things they had.

Furthermore while I am not even sure if / how Trion could compensate for sort-of simply taking the land. If they offer gold, that will cause severe inflation; same goes to APEX. They could offer the full amount of materials, that were necessary to build the buildings one owned - but that would not compensate for the land itself.

Luckily the server I am on does not seem like it is subject to a merge (at the moment) and I hope it stays that way. I cannot take anymore bad news - I am afraid I would quit if my land was to be taken.

Jridg
06-02-2015, 09:46 PM
You do know that come 1.8 this is implemented. It wasn't a suggestion I made idiot. Maybe try finding out more about the game your playing instead of posting dumbass remarks when you know nothing...

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic and agreeing with your post...

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
If it has to happen, let those who bought the $150 early access have Early Access again, then let only people who had land be able to put their house down in the area/region they had land (maybe). It shouldn't be an opportunity for people who don't have land to get land. That simply isn't fair for the people who worked their ♥♥♥ off to get it.

Still, I think it's a horrible idea. Allowing server transfers out of a low population server is much less complicated and will piss off less people.

Jax
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
would you believe them if they assured you it would not happen again? I mean they said less than a month ago there would be no merges. Then they said they would work on transfers now its no transfers just merges. You cannot trust a word they say so even if they assured you that you would be safe rebuilding on your new server could you believe them after this?

qft.

Solymr
06-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Go to your respective servers and spread the word. Encourage every player to post here, I do not care through what means you encourage them. Do not let Trion "win." FORCE them to make an equitable solution WITH (not for) their community. We hold the money. We pay their bills, fill their fridges and afford them their frivolities!

GO!

Qvi
06-02-2015, 09:50 PM

of course i knew it, as well as you.. and as Jridg sayd was a sarcastic coment

also tell you, that XL made that because forum crying petition, for if you didnīt know!!

Bubbleoseven
06-02-2015, 09:52 PM
This is my QQ over the 1 month old GM TrionBrasse

For those of you who don't know me I'm Bubble'O'Seven of Tahyang.

IM ONE OF THE LAND BARON SLUMLORDS YOU'RE SO KINDLY REFERRING TO!!!

And YES i'm QQ'ing I have Spent OVER 250,000 GOLD on just my land. For my MAIN LAND In front of my Mansion is 6x5 Gazebos = 30 Gazebos. 6 PREMMY ACOUNTS!! I went the rout of LONG TERM! I BOUGHT OUT EVERY NEIGHBOR! (remember when land was 3k for 16x16) THERES A REASON WE DONT PLAY ON OLLO ITS A TROLL CLUSTER F***! EASY FIX TO ALL OF THIS CREDITS FOR SERVER TRANSFERS. BOOOOOM DONE! MY WORST PROGRAMER CAN WRITE A SCRIPT WITH NO! MEMORY LEAKS! (i know its hard to think you can write codding without memory leaks)

WHY AM I SO IMPORTANT?!
~Me Being the Despicable SLUMLORD

I Stabilize The Market THAT YOU DESTROY
I HOLD PVP Tournaments
I DO MASS RP SESSIONS
~I KEEP YOUR SUBSCRIBERS PAYING $15 A MONTH PER ACCOUNT!

Ive Dropped about $5,000 in APEX alone to pay for my lands location.
If your Going To SCREW ME THIS HARD WITHOUT LUBE AT LEAST LET ME SPEND ANOTHER $1,000 TO COPY AND PASTE MY LAND ON A NEW SERVER~

ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THE STOCK OWNERS SO HOW ABOUT YOU LISTEN TO ONE!

CANT EVEN RENDER ALL OF MY LAND
http://i.imgur.com/5rOVXFb.jpg

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I still think the absolute fairest way to everyone is to wipe every server and pretend this last year was just some bad alpha-testing dream which it has surely felt like at many times.
Wipe all the land and all the gear then everyone gets to experience this wonderful fresh start they are telling us about. New head start on September 15 2015 it is good for the game so don't be selfish , or is all that just bs ?

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 09:55 PM
CANT EVEN RENDER ALL OF MY LAND

Your rage is justified, but I think Tahyang may be safe.

Qvi
sell land twice (because baron land owners, lol) and sell solar and lunar scarecrow at same time
i have 3 spots, best ones for me.. and 15 friends has all propertys near me, months to get big spots and organize as we want it (ty players left, we could grab a lot more easy).. we supported you, and you will give easy land to people say ♥♥♥♥ about you and left game.

trion, donīt sell land twice..
we could loose lot of ítems and put hundreds of tickets in transfers!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I

Mozam
This post wins

CalliCat
Be careful guys using the term pvp kid really hurts the feelings of those poor poor pvpers and will get you an infraction. If that isn't a clear sign of what side Trion is on then I don't what is. The pvpers can come here and call us whiny little ♥♥♥♥♥es and stupid carebears ad nauseum but I called someone a pvp kid and got threatened by a moderator. Love it!

peep
06-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I still think the absolute fairest way to everyone is to wipe every server and pretend this last year was just some bad alpha-testing dream which it has surely felt like at many times.
Wipe all the land and all the gear then everyone gets to experience this wonderful fresh start they are telling us about. New head start on September 15 2015 it is good for the game so don't be selfish , or is all that just bs ?

No. Then I've really wasted more than a year of my time.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Be careful guys using the term pvp kid really hurts the feelings of those poor poor pvpers and will get you an infraction. If that isn't a clear sign of what side Trion is on then I don't what is. The pvpers can come here and call us whiny little ♥♥♥♥♥es and stupid carebears ad nauseum but I called someone a pvp kid and got threatened by a moderator. Love it!

But carebear is okay ? WOW so everyone gets a special snowflake trophy for pvp in this game I take it :)) just WOW

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 09:58 PM

Well so have those of us getting screwed.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 09:59 PM

Sooo other people wasting their time is oookay but wasting your's bad I get it :)

peep
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Sooo other people wasting their time is oookay but wasting your's bad I get it :)

Did I say it was okay? Please don't put words in my mouth.

Jax
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM
The biggest problem of ALL, regarding the land rush, is one big nasty issue: its not about lan barons, or even land hackers. Its about amn placement, about those people who will place 2 houses occupying 4 plots because they are "saving up" for whenever a bigger farm will release or to sell afterwards, or for friends that will log in 2 times every month... or whatever. Or they will just ruin plot spaces because they can and they dont want others to have land in strategic areas.
THIS IS THE ISSUE that nobody talks about! And we all know it will happen and its likely the biggest, most annoying and selfish ♥♥♥♥ to do in this game. And it WILL 10000000% happen again.
Remember, that all the months that had passed since AA launch had fixed this issue at the state the server land is now. People quit, move houses around, expand, and so, right now, the housing zones look as they are use properly to their full capacity. But how will we all feel when entire housing zones will be again taken by 3 buildings?

Take that and call it "EVOLUTION" once again. For crying out loud.

Okay well I don't understand how this is selfish. If the game required a snap-to-grid approach, then you might have a point. But since the only way to build attached plots is to do it incrementally, how else would you expect people to accomplish building housing in close proximity to each other? What options would you suggest?

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Did I say it was okay? Please don't put words in my mouth.

Then what did you say ? You don't want to because there is a fairer way ? Sounds good let's hear it

Physician
06-02-2015, 10:03 PM
What happens if we want to stay at our current server?

peep
Well so have those of us getting screwed.

I agree. I wasn't trying to say you weren't screwed more or less than me. I meant to say that if, in addition to taking away my lands, they take my gear, then I should've just bit the bullet 6 months ago and quit with the rest of my friends.

bizoiador
How so? Do you have land? Do you not have land and believe you can get some with a merge?

I have land and I know I can get even more land when merges occur.

Aurkae

"You can't, and you won't. Tough luck

Much love, <3<3 ;-)
-Trino"

Prisha
06-02-2015, 10:04 PM
I think the GMS should resign. They can't understand the player base. They are not losing any land as they made it clear their servers are not on the chopping block. This is why GMS should not play the game. The get special treatment.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 10:05 PM
I have land and I know I can get even more land when merges occur.

Are you not interested in your spot? Is your spot considered a "prime location" ?

peep
06-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Then what did you say ? You don't want to because there is a fairer way ? Sounds good let's hear it

I'm not sure why you think a "fair" kick in the nuts to every player is a good solution. If you're looking for someone to argue with, try Trion. Have a great evening.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure why you think a "fair" kick in the nuts to every player is a good solution. If you're looking for someone to argue with, try Trion. Have a great evening.

Hehe ookay sorry if that embarrassed you have a good evening :)

Sixin79
Excuse me, I don't recall anyone from Inoch begging for a merger. I don't consider Inoch low pop either. We are just fine as we are. Our abyssal battles each day last between 2-4 hours with amazing pvp/turnout so you can strike Inoch off that list of "low pop servers" because we are doing just fine. If you want to help everyone else? Offer server transfers but leave our server alone.

hit the nail on the head Mr Fox:)

Qvi

if they allow servers transfers you can, but if they merge no
but they win more money with merges, even selling transfers

can you players imagine relocate all scarecrows again, how many taxes could be, think how many relocations we did that we donīt need anymore, because we get what we wanted is most cases, add (taxes taxes) lot of movements to get a gazebo 24x24 in this crazy reset of spots

Dooku
06-02-2015, 10:08 PM
well as someone on a lower populated EU server, I have been praying for this to happen as I see less and less people every week

Adacian
06-02-2015, 10:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/887oPw6.jpg

despite my inner rage, this had me laughing my ♥♥♥ off

Jax
06-02-2015, 10:11 PM

This ^^

I logged on because I have so many things to say, only to find people before me have said it so eloquently. Thank you.

Phobik
06-02-2015, 10:14 PM
ArcheAge Server Evolution FAQ

Hello all!

This FAQ will be updated over time as we finalize details for the upcoming Evolution.
Updated 06/02/15

The information offered here is NOT final, and due to the complexity of the process, is subject to change. It is also intentionally vague when we don't have solid answers yet. It's better to say we don't know because we have not fully investigated and verified matters rather than to provide incorrect information.

Please continue to post questions and constructive discussion to this thread - we're all in this together!

Please bear with us; we'll fill in the blanks and expand this FAQ enormously as we explore and test the internal processes requires, and address the specific concerns that you bring up.

~ The ArcheAge Team

Why do we need an Evolution? I am happy with the way things are!
- In the course of a game's life cycle, it is normal to see two things happen: lower level zones used by low to mid-level players are underpopulated, and players move on to new games.
In ArcheAge, we are now seeing an increase over time in our player base, but many players, old and new, have requested a way to bring together more players on each server.
Due to the unique nature of ArcheAge, particularly with regard to land ownership, we will not undertake the old style standard server merges - instead, we are embarking on an Evolution, which gives players more choices.

When will the Evolution take place?
- Toward the end of this year. We don't have a date yet, and there are a LOT of technical details to work out. It also gives you all lots of time to think of additional concerns or questions for us to address.

What exactly will happen during the Evolution?
- We are still looking at a number of options before solidifying the process. The basic plan is as follows: new servers will be created, and players from current low population servers will be moved to these shiny new servers. Yes, that means... LAND RUSH! All other details are under evaluation.

What servers will be affected?
- All current North American servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another. At this time, we are primarily focused on the needs of the lowest population servers. Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them. We feel it’s important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers.

As of June 1, our tentative plan is as follows...
Candidates for Evolution due to low populations:
Enla, Ezi, Calleil, Inoch, Lucius
Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
Designated as our Official Roleplay Server [updated 06/02/15]
Tahyang

What is happening with the EU servers?
They’ll go through the same process as NA servers: lower pop EU servers will be candidates for evolution but we have not reviewed them as yet. We will update as soon as we can. [added 06/02/15]

I am part of a large guild - how can we make sure we all end up on the same server?
- We know how important it is for guilds to stay together, so this is a top priority in our planning.

What sort of time window will we have for the Evolution?
- We will announce the date as far as possible in advance, as well as the window for active Evolution.

What if a player misses the Evolution window or comes back after years away from the game?
- Most likely, players who are on a low population server and inactive at the time of the Evolution will be relocated automatically.

What happens to the land I own at the time of the Evolution?
- Players and their items will be packaged to move. We will offer more details on the specifics as we get closer to the date.

What happens to my items, honor, etc. with the Evolution?
- Our goal is to ensure that all personal, inventory and bank items will transfer, including currency (such as coins and honor). This will be a very complex database challenge.
In-game mail will likely not transfer, nor will listed auctions. This makes it important for us to give as much advance notice as possible when we set a date for the Evolution.
Items in chests are a special challenge, and will need to have them packed up, one way or another. Based on our personal play experience, we know that most of us are pack rats; we have concerns about those of us with so many items that we can’t possibly fit them in warehouse/inventory. We need to find a reasonable way to address that situation. Us pack rats hate having to drop goods!

Will Teleport Book locations and Recall Points be transferred?
We aren’t 100% sure yet but our goal is to push for all static NPC teleports to remain and all recorded teleport locations to previous player housing to be removed. [added 06/02/15]

Will I still have my ultra-cool name after the Evolution?
- You will transfer with your name. In the case of a name conflict on your new server, we may need to manually rename one of the characters. We need to review precisely how this process will work. We know this is an important consideration, and will clarify as soon as we can!

Will players be able to reset their character race and/or faction upon transfer?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to change your race or faction upon transfer. [added 06/02/15]

Can I decide which server I prefer to be on?
- We want to offer choices, but we need technical confirmation that we can support affected players in their choice of servers on their region. We'll update as soon as we have confirmation.

What happens if we Evolve two servers and a player ends up with more than four characters on the new server?
This is clearly something that we really, really need to investigate in advance. Luckily, it is WELL in advance of Evolution, so we have the time. If we can find a way to allow Evolving players to designate the servers they are going to, we can work around this by allowing them to choose two different destination servers. [added 06/02/15]

What happens if I change my mind and want to be on a different server than the one I chose at Evolution?
-Transfers post-Evolution may be offered through a web-based service; it's on our list to investigate!

How long do you expect the update to take?
- This is a major update and may take up to 24 hours.

Do Patrons or Early Access players get any special items or considerations in the Evolution, such as early access or name reservations?
We do not have a firm answer on this yet and the team is reviewing it. It does not seem likely that we will gate access to the new servers. We are working on the name collision question separately. [updated 06/02/15]

Will affected players receive compensation? Will it be on a sliding scale dependent on type of account (founder/patron), age of account, number of lots/houses, etc.?
We don't have anything like this yet, but this is a good suggestion. We'll look at creating a "Settler Package" that includes stuff like Tax Certificates, etc., to help players get adjusted on their new server. We want to ease the transition as much as we can. [added 06/02/15]

Can we offer a tax holiday until the mergers? Alternatively, can we offer a tax holiday for a period of time around the mergers?
It’s possible but not reviewed nor worked into the plan yet. Thanks for the suggestion and for bringing light to how something like this might help ease the Evolution! [added 06/02/15]

Will you offer the choice of closing an account and receiving a full refund of all the monies spent on this game?
No. The Evolution is a good thing for the game and for player populations. While your existing play experience will change, there are a lot of benefits from new communities growing together. Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing and their land baron status will be reduced to a single 16x16 in the middle of who cares. That’s not the case. Since they’ll be transferring with their land in Full Kit state this means they’ll be able to rapidly secure connected plots. There’s a chance they’re going to end up with more/better land than they had previously. [added 06/02/15]

Can we just make land tracts instanced for existing players?
Unfortunately, the game code is not designed to support instanced housing. Additionally, instancing would adversely affect gameplay as designed - open-world housing encourages social aspects of the game, neighbors, communities and even danger in many areas. [added 06/02/15]

tahyang IS NOT a roleplay server, there are like 3 guilds MAX that roleplay all with little to no members, more PvP goes on here then anything, i want server evo's!

Qvi
06-02-2015, 10:15 PM
http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/yVJLiHr.png

LeopoldKain
06-02-2015, 10:21 PM
I have a feeling this will be most peoples reaction no mater how it goes.
http://share.gifyoutube.com/ywxX87.gif
I know I will follow my guild and my guilder at the end of the day. Just please do us all right.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 10:21 PM
I have a feeling this will be most peoples reaction no mater how it goes.

Because most people are going to lose their land, no matter how it goes.

Emozlov
06-02-2015, 10:26 PM
I have never felt so patronized as the post from trion saying "I checked to see how many people quit today" and "I cant tell you how many people have sent me private emails lauding this merge". Its almost unbelievable to read.
No I haven't quit yet but tell me why I would or should continue to invest time or money in this game when I know in a few months all the effort i've put into it will be stripped away?

^THIS

And I suspect, as others have, that the 10 patrons down refers not to those who have cancelled their subs but to those whose accounts have actually closed. Yesterday I thought I would wait this out and see if this merge was really going to happen - but after reading more posts today and feeling completely ignored and insulted by TrionBrasse - not to mention the fact that why the hell would I invest any more time or money in a game that was going to erase it all in a few months - I am now canceling my subscription. I may not show up in your lost numbers right away - but you have lost me as a paying customer. Way to ruin what was a great game.

Avenged
06-02-2015, 10:27 PM
where are the Trion reps in this? no responses from them kind of sends a message of "f you all we do what we want..." not very appealing :/

Loriger
06-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Why hasn't anyone remade the hilter video about the merge? I could use a good laugh since we all know trion is laughing at us, so we might as well be laughing too.

CAKE
06-02-2015, 10:30 PM
well as someone on a lower populated EU server, I have been praying for this to happen as I see less and less people every week
this ^

Even with my 30+ land on a high populated server ... I welcome a merge also. People who were never on Alpha really don't know what joys and fun a jam packed server can bring.. Having 20 huge guilds on each faction is just pure bliss for a competitive PvPer and is how Archeage should be played. I really feel sorry for the carebears who have never experienced alpha and who are against the evolution.

With so many mmo's coming out this year and next, (awful super hyped games with very little endgame like Black desert and bless) downsizing needs to happen so that all servers can still stay healthy when they lose these halfwits due to the next big mmofailhypetrain passing thru! It's just sad that people at Trion have a greater IQ than most posting in this thread to foresee the future.

Evolution is coming, expand your minds and think outside the box!

romonster
06-02-2015, 10:30 PM
where are the Trion reps in this? no responses from them kind of sends a message of "f you all we do what we want..." not very appealing :/
They have posted in the thread several times. Granted, the responses they gave have been pretty unsatisfactory, but they have been responding.

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 10:31 PM
this ^

Even with my 30+ land on a high populated server ... I welcome a merge also. People who were never on Alpha really don't know what joys and fun a jam packed server can bring.. Having 20 huge guilds on each faction is just pure bliss for a competitive PvPer and is how Archeage should be played. I really feel sorry for the carebears who have never experienced alpha and who are against the evolution.

With so many mmo's coming out this year and next, (awful super hyped games like BDO and bless ) downsizing needs to happen so that all servers can still stay healthy when they lose these halfwits due to the next big failhypetrain passing thru! It's just sad that people at Trion have a bigger IQ than most posting in this thread to foresee the future.

Evolution is coming

What would a merge solve that a transfer out of a low population server wouldn't? If you don't mind losing your land, wouldn't you take the opportunity to transfer to a higher population server?

CalliCat
06-02-2015, 10:33 PM
this ^

With so many mmo's coming out this year and next, (awful super hyped games like BDO and bless ) downsizing needs to happen so that all servers can still stay healthy when they lose these halfwits due to the next big failhypetrain passing thru! It's just sad that people at Trion have a bigger IQ than most posting in this thread to foresee the future.

Evolution is coming

Transfers would give you what you want while leaving those of us who don't want it alone. Good luck with your new temporarily crowded server though. It won't last and a few months later you will be back with the same complaint you have now. Luckily I will be long gone from here and can just laugh at the fail from outside.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 10:34 PM
" Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing " See addendum to original post 6/2/15

Isn't the point of the purposed mass murder to eliminate low pop servers and force us all into shiny high pop servers?

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 10:46 PM
this ^

With so many mmo's coming out this year and next, (awful super hyped games with very little endgame like Black desert and bless) downsizing needs to happen so that all servers can still stay healthy when they lose these halfwits due to the next big mmofailhypetrain passing thru! It's just sad that people at Trion have a greater IQ than most posting in this thread to foresee the future.

ummm what alpha were you on exactly because I remember plenty of time when whole zones seemed like a tomb :0 I think there was only one alpha but maybe not or maybe you just have rosy memories of the good 'ole days .. from a year ago :)

Aurkae
06-02-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't remember the original line up, but it appears to me that the extra servers that were opened up during the NA launch are the ones on the chopping block. I'm wondering if Trion hopes to get back to the original amount of servers they planned, which means everyone is ♥♥♥♥ed, even if you're on a high pop server.

Jax
06-02-2015, 10:53 PM
this ^

Because people who played Alpha are necessarily PvP oriented? If you're so satisfied with your PvP focus, why the need to denigrate others' playstyles?

I think you're missing HUGE content if you've never discovered how fun it is to farm, or to help people out with their hauler when they dc, and hear their gratitude when you deliver their packs back to them. I think you are missing out in a big way if you don't experience how fun it is to send a random fabric pack to someone who is building their first clipper and only needs that pack to finish it up. I think you are really blindfolded not to recognize the joy of looking out over a family or guild complex that you have spend months and months working on, and knowing that each and every plot was worked for.

Many of us who DID experience Alpha, and who are carebears, reject your orientation of the AA world. Luckily for you, Trion seems to agree with the selfish PvP oriented view and rejects those of us with plenty of money and a kinder way of looking at things. So GG and GL to you. That's not gonna work out well for either of you in the long run, but enjoy the brief respite in which you can enjoy your little victory.

davyj0427
06-02-2015, 10:58 PM
I don't remember the original line up, but it appears to me that the extra servers that were opened up during the NA launch are the ones on the chopping block. I'm wondering if Trion hopes to get back to the original amount of servers they planned, which means everyone is ♥♥♥♥ed, even if you're on a high pop server.

Maybe near the end of Alpha it was dead, as many people were taking a break from it to ready themselves for launch. I bought into Alpha the day they announced it and I was a lot of fun. That being said I am against mergers and for transfers.

davyj0427
06-02-2015, 10:59 PM
ummm what alpha were you on exactly because I remember plenty of time when whole zones seemed like a tomb :0 I think there was only one alpha but maybe not or maybe you just have rosy memories of the good 'ole days .. from a year ago :)

I meant to quote this person>

CAKE
06-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Luckily I will be long gone from here and can just laugh at the fail from outside.

I doubt you will be laughing as much as Trion when they cash in from the ever increasing new population of players at 2.0. Nor will they miss your patron account.

Once Archeage 2.0 patch hits our shores in November this year it will become the most popular PvP mmo out on the market. (coming from someone who is on every future mmo alpha/beta/expansion) GL wasting your time on other mmo's which are over hyped or are just theme park fluff..

Server transfers will happen 100% no doubt even before the selected servers are Evolution 'd.. So having both will allow for a much more precise faction balance on each server.

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 11:02 PM
I meant to quote this person>

ohh okay cuz I was wondering what you meant end of alpha so maybe I can ask ? I was talking about even times in June and July, so maybe people took long breaks

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
I doubt you will be laughing as much as Trion when they cash in from the ever increasing new population of players at 2.0. Nor will they miss your patron account.

Once Archeage 2.0 patch hits our shores in November this year it will become the most popular PvP mmo out on the market. (coming from someone who is on every future mmo alpha/beta/expansion) GL wasting your time on other mmo's which are over hyped or are just theme park fluff..

Server transfers will happen 100% no doubt even before the selected servers are Evolution 'd.. So having both will allow for a much more precise faction balance on each server.
Hehe is this because of the stunning amount of new content :) ? I was also under the impression that the only mechanism for server transfers in the existing code was very clunky and labor intensive (their words not mine) and thus would most likely be very expensive ?

Sixin79
06-02-2015, 11:14 PM
LOL!

the amount of carebears crying in here is priceless

I own a mansion, 5 gazebos, 13+ 16x16s farms, several manors, and several bungalows ALL in great prime locations, if i sold it all it would probably be worth 40k gold.

and im wishing aranzeb was merging with other servers just to get a higher population

People going ham over crappy land is ridiculous, mergers are a GOOD thing for the community, having all those dead servers with literally no1 but some random people farming on them is not good.

says the person not affected by this!

Kitwyn
06-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

LOL!

the amount of carebears crying in here is priceless

I own a mansion, 5 gazebos, 13+ 16x16s farms, several manors, and several bungalows ALL in great prime locations, if i sold it all it would probably be worth 40k gold.

and im wishing aranzeb was merging with other servers just to get a higher population

People going ham over crappy land is ridiculous, mergers are a GOOD thing for the community, having all those dead servers with literally no1 but some random people farming on them is not good.

says the person not affected by this!

Well see right there this (by Trion's logic) must mean that most people on all servers wish them merged y'know for the good of the community so let's scrap them all and let everyone share in this Golden Opportunity of server merg ummm Evolution

Elearia
06-02-2015, 11:52 PM
So there it is: I don't know if it may be a necessity in some servers but, playing on Eanna (EU), I am really not sure ot if. First because i don't have the feeling that the community is too low, and secondly, because we have started settling since the launch of the game, we are still working on it by acquiring lands one after another, to build villages as you announced the benefits, we're spending time and money just to settle and one year after, you're announcing that we'll be back and losing all our labours and involvement?
What is the interest to build thing for later if there is no later?

Speaking in the name of my guild (about 20 active licensed players), this is something we won't admit and could be the end of us on the game despite the pleasure we have today.

Thanks for reading and please, change your project or don't do it in Eanna :)

Elearia - Ordre des Ombres

Ebonius
06-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Bug Submission.

Patches should not remove progress from players. This is a bug.

Frequency - Repeatable

Details - Each subsequent patch of the Archeage title has, in some way, removed already made progress from the players of Archeage. Details such as the lowering of item levels, changes in item availablity, additions that pre-existing characters are not able to "achieve", and now the removal of hard fought for land titles from characters all result in removing the progress gained from often major amounts of time, effort, in game money and REAL LIFE MONEY used in order to attain said progress.

Fix - Patches should enhance the functionality, enjoyment, and entertainment factor of the title.

Thulzadoom
06-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Same thing, originally I thought 'no big deal, they just said they weren't doing server mergers', Then last night after seeing this thread crop up with the "I'ts not a merger, its EVOLUTION!" crap, I sat there in game for an hour, doing nothing. Then just logged off. It was the very same sensation I had years ago when EA bought DAOC. I had a lot of goals I was still working towards and now I do not feel the same drive since Trion is 'gathering feedback' and working on details, so there is no way of knowing if I will still be playing months from now.

I am a former DAOC player as well and remember this sinking feeling. I'm wondering now why I should log in at all tomorrow... or the next day. And I've logged in every single day since I started playing this game. I feel like I've been kicked in the guts. Why? because I really like this game and had intentions of being here for the long term. The last 3 MMO's I've played, I've played for 6+ years each... and that includes DAOC. I have more than 2 decades invested in playing MMO's and will stay with one I like for a long time.

Now I am wondering why I should continue to log into this one. Everything I've been working on is going to go up in smoke. I, too, had a lot of goals I was working on... but they all involved my land holdings in some shape or form.

Reyvyn
06-03-2015, 12:02 AM
LAND RUSH means LAND HACKERS. I don't see myself staying.

I have to say I'm with you. I have 8, count them 8 active accounts and allot of land. Farming is pretty much all I do. I've spent months buying land and selling land in order to get what I wanted where I wanted it. I am no where near setup the way I want to be but I have no interest at all starting over.

I know it says it is going to give us choices and make the game better, but I see absolutely no up side for me at all. I do one thing, farm and craft. OK, that's 2 things but what the hay.

I'm a relatively new player. I have spent hundreds of dollars on boxes and packs and stupid stuff that was somehow less of a waste of money when I could keep doing what I enjoy. If that is going to be taken away in a few months then I really don't see the point of spending hours every day to keep it until it is taken away from me.

There are tons of people who are going to be happy with the chance to grab land, more than likely with their handy dandy land hack tools and then sell it to those of us who play honestly. I'm not interested in grinding my xxx off once again in order to pay hackers and the occasional honest player for land I've already owned once.

Will we get money for our losses?
Will we get Tax Certs to place our houses and farms back down again?
Will we even get our deposits back?

Alara
06-03-2015, 12:04 AM
@Brasse: I'm not quitting my patronage today, but this "Evolution" may well result in me doing so.

I will quit ArcheAge if this evolution turns out to affect my land in a negative way. I will ride it out to the new server but if the landgrab goes as woefully hellishly awry as the Headstart did, I'm outta here.

And I bet I am not the only one who feels that way: willing to ride it out, and if it ends bad, that is goodbye. Your number of '10 quitters' could be underestimated...

I still fail to see the 'none traditional' part of this 'Evolution'. It still looks like a merge to me and that's it.

For what it's worth, Dahuta was once chosen as the EU unofficial RP server. If Trion labels it such, it could even become this.

BigMac
06-03-2015, 12:07 AM
I think the GMS should resign. They can't understand the player base. They are not losing any land as they made it clear their servers are not on the chopping block. This is why GMS should not play the game. The get special treatment.

Trion staff MUST play the game IMO. Else they have little chance of understanding these issues from a player's viewpoint.

CalliCat
06-03-2015, 12:15 AM

I am 100% in favor of server transfers. I hope I did not give you any other impression. Its these shiny mergers wrapped up in a fake buzzwords I have a problem with.

you may also be right about whos laughing. I won't care really I will be long gone and not necessarily to any other mmo. I just won't be throwing any more money at this one.

Rade
06-03-2015, 12:33 AM
Just want to say thanks for naming Tahyang as the official RP server! Hopefully more come and join the west!

xDrac
06-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Holy crap, you people all act like they are wiping the servers...
Merges will happen, I just really can't understand how so many people threaten to quit just because they MIGHT end up losing a spot of land...
Then again I can't say I particularly care about land myself so take what I say with a grain of salt.
I'm just surprised at how many people who post here act, that's all.

Im all for Server merges here.

Rhiavix
06-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Can we have Titles saying what server we are originally from? i want an Inoch title

Kitwyn
06-03-2015, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=xDrac;1738515]Holy crap, you people all act like they are wiping the servers...
Merges will happen, I just really can't understand how so many people threaten to quit just because they MIGHT end up losing a spot of land...
Then again I can't say I particularly care about land myself so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Im all for Server merges her

There is no might we are going to lose ALL our land, we might, maybe get some of it back.
Maybe they should wipe all the servers to be fair because some are losing everything and some Nothing
i guess their work and time and money is more valuable then others funny how that works out

xDrac
06-03-2015, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=xDrac;1738515]Holy crap, you people all act like they are wiping the servers...

There is no might we are going to lose ALL our land, we might, maybe get some of it back.
Maybe they should wipe all the servers to be fair because some are losing everything and some Nothing
i guess their work and time and money is more valuable then others funny how that works out
Well, yes. If you're not fast enough with claiming your spot back after the merge you'll lose it. But there's still a possibility you won't, however slight many people think it might be.

maxwell
06-03-2015, 12:56 AM

why not transfer then its almost the same except people can choose .
AFTER people did transfers in a time limit THEN they can merge

maxwell
06-03-2015, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=Kitwyn;1738531]
Well, yes. If you're not fast enough with claiming your spot back after the merge you'll lose it. But there's still a possibility you won't, however slight many people think it might be.

the lands of one server are ALREADY TAKEN
then you pour in a whole other server into it looking for lands
you honestly think people can get the like they desire ?

they can first start by offering transfer . then after people moved ( even if they merge ill move to the lowest pop server cuz i love low pop )
then after that they can merge depending on the info on transfers

BigMac
06-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Why not just allow anyone from any server, to transfer anywhere they want?
Make it cost 5 apex with a 30 day cooldown, will keep everyone happy...

Two issues with that.
1) The tech for server transfers doesn't work well yet. In Korea it's a mostly manual process. The tech for mergers has been used in both Korea and Russia so they know that works.

2) After everone had moved around there would STILL be some low pop servers. Trion want's to shut down low pop servers.

I think it would be great to offer server transfers first and then, after the dust settles, evolve the then low pops. Trion can't offer that plan today because the infrastucture isn't in place for large volume server transfers.