PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL SERVER EVOLUTION & FEEDBACK THREAD (in progress)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 04:28 PM
ArcheAge Server Evolution FAQ

Hello all!

This FAQ will be updated over time as we finalize details for the upcoming Evolution.
Updated 06/02/15, 06/03/15

The information offered here is NOT final, and due to the complexity of the process, is subject to change. It is also intentionally vague when we don't have solid answers yet. It's better to say we don't know because we have not fully investigated and verified matters rather than to provide incorrect information.

Please continue to post questions and constructive discussion to this thread - we're all in this together!

Please bear with us; we'll fill in the blanks and expand this FAQ enormously as we explore and test the internal processes requires, and address the specific concerns that you bring up.

~ The ArcheAge Team

Why do we need an Evolution? I am happy with the way things are!
- In the course of a game's life cycle, it is normal to see two things happen: lower level zones used by low to mid-level players are underpopulated, and players move on to new games.
In ArcheAge, we are now seeing an increase over time in our player base, but many players, old and new, have requested a way to bring together more players on each server.
Due to the unique nature of ArcheAge, particularly with regard to land ownership, we will not undertake the old style standard server merges - instead, we are embarking on an Evolution, which gives players more choices.

When will the Evolution take place?
- Toward the end of this year. We don't have a date yet, and there are a LOT of technical details to work out. It also gives you all lots of time to think of additional concerns or questions for us to address.
- We will try to schedule the Evolutions over a weekend. We know some folks work weekends, but the largest number are home during that time. This will be subject to our ability to arrange all of the technical support we need over the weekend - Dev and Community are on board for weekends.

What sort of time window will we have for the Evolution?
- We will announce the date as far as possible in advance, as well as the window for active Evolution.

What exactly will happen during the Evolution?
- We are still looking at a number of options before solidifying the process. The basic plan is as follows: new servers will be created, and players from current low population servers will be moved to these shiny new servers. Yes, that means... LAND RUSH! All other details are under evaluation.

What servers will be affected?
- We are going to try to set up hardware to test the Evolution process on PTS (Public Test Server) before it hits live. This was a most excellent suggestion. We cannot test provisions for name collisions, but we CAN test the migration of players, items, currency and achievements. [added 06/03/15]
- All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another. At this time, we are primarily focused on the needs of the lowest population servers. Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them. We feel it’s important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers. [updated 06/03/15]

As of June 3, our tentative plan is as follows...
Candidates for Evolution due to low populations:
NA: Enla, Ezi, Calleil, Inoch, Lucius
EU: Orchidna, Melisara, Nui, Janudar, Nebe [added 06/03/15]

Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
NA: Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
EU: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna, Aier [added 06/03/15]

Designated as our Official Roleplay Servers, and not considered candidates for Evolution [updated 06/02/15]
NA: Tahyang [added 06/02/15]
EU: Tentatively Dahuta (EN) and Eanna (FR/DE) [updated 06/05/15]

What is happening with the EU servers?
They’ll go through the same process as NA servers: lower pop EU servers will be candidates for evolution but we have not reviewed them as yet. We will update as soon as we can. [added 06/02/15]

I am part of a large guild - how can we make sure we all end up on the same server?
- We know how important it is for guilds to stay together, so this is a top priority in our planning.

What if a player misses the Evolution window or comes back after years away from the game?
- Most likely, players who are on a low population server and inactive at the time of the Evolution will be relocated automatically.

What happens to the land I own at the time of the Evolution?
- Players and their items will be packaged to move. We will offer more details on the specifics as we get closer to the date.

What happens to my items, honor, etc. with the Evolution?
- Our goal is to ensure that all personal, inventory and bank items will transfer, including currency (such as coins and honor). This will be a very complex database challenge.
In-game mail will likely not transfer, nor will listed auctions. This makes it important for us to give as much advance notice as possible when we set a date for the Evolution.
Items in chests are a special challenge, and will need to have them packed up, one way or another. Based on our personal play experience, we know that most of us are pack rats; we have concerns about those of us with so many items that we can’t possibly fit them in warehouse/inventory. We need to find a reasonable way to address that situation. Us pack rats hate having to drop goods!

Will Teleport Book locations and Recall Points be transferred?
We aren’t 100% sure yet but our goal is to push for all static NPC teleports to remain and all recorded teleport locations to previous player housing to be removed. [added 06/02/15]

Will I still have my ultra-cool name after the Evolution?
- You will transfer with your name. In the case of a name conflict on your new server, we may need to manually rename one of the characters. We need to review precisely how this process will work. We know this is an important consideration, and will clarify as soon as we can!

Will players be able to reset their character race and/or faction upon transfer?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to change your race or faction upon transfer. [added 06/02/15]

Can I decide which server I prefer to be on?
- We want to offer choices, but we need technical confirmation that we can support affected players in their choice of servers on their region. We'll update as soon as we have confirmation.

What happens if we Evolve two servers and a player ends up with more than four characters on the new server?
This is clearly something that we really, really need to investigate in advance. Luckily, it is WELL in advance of Evolution, so we have the time. If we can find a way to allow Evolving players to designate the servers they are going to, we can work around this by allowing them to choose two different destination servers. [added 06/02/15]

What happens if I change my mind and want to be on a different server than the one I chose at Evolution?
-Transfers post-Evolution may be offered through a web-based service; it's on our list to investigate!

How long do you expect the update to take?
- This is a major update and may take up to 24 hours.

Do Patrons or Early Access players get any special items or considerations in the Evolution, such as early access or name reservations?
We do not have a firm answer on this yet and the team is reviewing it. It does not seem likely that we will gate access to the new servers. We are working on the name collision question separately. [updated 06/02/15]

Will affected players receive compensation? Will it be on a sliding scale dependent on type of account (founder/patron), age of account, number of lots/houses, etc.?
We don't have anything like this yet, but this is a good suggestion. We'll look at creating a "Settler Package" that includes stuff like Tax Certificates, etc., to help players get adjusted on their new server. We want to ease the transition as much as we can. [added 06/02/15]

Can we offer a tax holiday until the mergers? Alternatively, can we offer a tax holiday for a period of time around the mergers?
It’s possible but not reviewed nor worked into the plan yet. Thanks for the suggestion and for bringing light to how something like this might help ease the Evolution! [added 06/02/15]

Will you offer the choice of closing an account and receiving a full refund of all the monies spent on this game?
No. The Evolution is a good thing for the game and for player populations. While your existing play experience will change, there are a lot of benefits from new communities growing together. Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing and their land baron status will be reduced to a single 16x16 in the middle of who cares. That’s not the case. Since they’ll be transferring with their land in Full Kit state this means they’ll be able to rapidly secure connected plots. There’s a chance they’re going to end up with more/better land than they had previously. [added 06/02/15]

Can we just make land tracts instanced for existing players?
Unfortunately, the game code is not designed to support instanced housing. Additionally, instancing would adversely affect gameplay as designed - open-world housing encourages social aspects of the game, neighbors, communities and even danger in many areas. [added 06/02/15]

mysticwolf
06-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Thank you for starting the conversation on server merges!

Runes911
06-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Everyone loses their land...yay...

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm on Calleil, so that means you'll be taking away my land. Gee, thanks.

TrionBrasse
Everyone loses their land...yay...

Seriously? EVERYONE? There will be a land rush for Evolving servers, yes. Keep in mind that this also means that land barons and slumlords may not get all of the choicest plots.
This also means that servers that are NOT evolving may have people upset that land barons and slumlords get to keep all that real estate under lock and key. =)

Trixologist
Welp there is nothing else to say.

Dear players on these servers...you are moving. Thx for your gold...uh money and we're sorry to see you go.

The tone of this message is a bit too informal, playful and really lacking in finesse for the totality and severity of the situation. You posted a "haha we're merging suckers" message instead of delivering this information with the care that it deserves. The crayola formatting makes it look like this is directed at 5th graders.

For the record, LAND RUSH in all caps makes this sound like a good thing and lord knows I know you are new but really? The lack of sensitivity here is a big miss for you, especially given your role. I really hope people have the desire to get rich because I'm unsubscribing and doing APEX only until the price no longer makes me happy.

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Where is the EU server list?

Kaleya
Well, thanks for saving me from investing another dime in this trainwreck you call a game. Good game merges before transfers. ♥♥♥♥ing brilliant. Way to cater to the PVPers though. Typical Trion fail is written all over this one.

maiyah
I want to cry..

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 04:37 PM
LAND RUSH means LAND HACKERS. I don't see myself staying.

Furball the Second
Will you offer the choice of closing an account and receiving a full refund of all the monies spent on this game?

mysticwolf
Any idea on the ratio of small servers to new big servers? Will it be all 5 realms moved into one new realm? Or 2 for each new one?

Peter Van
06-01-2015, 04:38 PM

^ ^ ^ This.

mysticwolf

You can only have 2 unbuilt properties now. So unless you have a way to pre-stage a lot of wood or iron packs on a new server, I suspect hacking might be pretty limited.

Kaleya
Seriously? EVERYONE? There will be a land rush for Evolving servers, yes. Keep in mind that this also means that land barons and slumlords may not get all of the choicest plots.
This also means that servers that are NOT evolving may have people upset that land barons and slumlords get to keep all that real estate under lock and key. =)

Wow your attitude amazes me. You think that ruining the fun of half your player base is worth your smug little smiley faces. I have news for you. I spent a ♥♥♥♥ing small fortune on this game and you are about to make every dime I spent useless. Thats going to turn into a real problem for you when those of us who spent thousands on this game lose every damn thing we have paid for because of this stupidity.

Peter Van
06-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Wow your attitude amazes me. You think that ruining the fun of half your player base is worth your smug little smiley faces. I have news for you. I spent a ♥♥♥♥ing small fortune on this game and you are about to make every dime I spent useless. Thats going to turn into a real problem for you when those of us who spent thousands on this game lose every damn thing we have paid for because of this stupidity.

So this ^ ^ ^

Kaleya

Yeah thats the only compensation that I want at this point.

Runes911

As it was said before, some of us have worked very hard for the land we have to just lose those "choicest plots".

maiyah
Yep. This.

mysticwolf
06-01-2015, 04:40 PM

You never had any fun with the money you put into the game? Just months and months of drudgery?

I'd say it is worth waiting to see what Trion does.

Our crew owns a bunch of land on Ollo and as the FAQs says: "All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another." Soooo.... can we just wait and see?

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 04:41 PM
You never had any fun with the money you put into the game? Just months and months of drudgery?

I'd say it is worth waiting to see what Trion does.

I'm an Ollo land baron and as the FAQs says: "All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another." Soooo.... can we just wait and see?

Its easy for people on the servers not getting a big ♥♥♥♥ you from Trion to say this.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 04:41 PM
We're reviewing EU servers as well. Hang tight and I'll update asap.

Land rush, for many, is a good thing, particularly those who came to the game later. This is one of those considerations that will be viewed very differently by different players.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 04:42 PM

Land rush, for many, is a good thing, particularly those who came to the game later. This is one of those considerations that will be viewed very differently by different players.

Yeah its great for the hackers. Can't wait to watch this game crash and burn when you do this.

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 04:43 PM

You bet it is viewed differently. I started when the game opened. Not in beta, but after. I didn't get my dream house in place until Christmas Day. Took me that long to get the gilda and gold to get the land on CALLEIL. Now you are going to take it away and force me to participate in a land rush. Pardon me, if I find that upsetting.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
You also seem to forget that you are screwing the servers YOUR COMPANY told people to reroll on for land. You sent us there just so you could soak our wallets for your greed and now you're just gonna take all the money and time we spent and flush it. Thanks a lot.

I also love the way you posted this at the end of the day so you can go home soon and not have to deal with the angry players.

Lokoo
Sorry XL/Trion not changing servers for a third time and participating in another land rush. Will continue to play until server mergers happen but will not invest any additional real money in the game. I'm so sorry that this "non-traditional' merge is no different then other game merges.

Discoteka
I'll keep my patron up until that happens, but after that, buh bye.

maiyah
06-01-2015, 04:46 PM

Considering land hacking isn't fixed, this isn't good for anyone that plays legit. My server has plots for new folks now. My guild helps people find falling property. And wasn't it said earlier that there was no way two servers would just be smushed together? And yet that's exactly what is happening. I can't trust anything at this point.

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Im going to assume all previously OWNED/BUILT land will be given back to us in a PRE-BUILT and PRE-TAX-PAID. Im especially concerned about getting all my chests transferred as i have many (Pack Rat Here).

Furball the Second
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
If they do it now, they could do it again down the road. So, the fact that your server isn't being merged--and, yes, as someone who has played a lot of MMOs, this IS a merge--now, doesn't mean it won't be merged in the future.

Kaleya
Sorry XL/Trion not changing servers for a third time and participating in another land rush. Will continue to play until server mergers happen but will not invest any additional real money in the game. I'm so sorry that this "non-traditional' merge is no different then other game merges.

Same here, I'm done when this happens and in the meantime they won't get another penny from me. I will pay my patron with other peoples money via apex and I will make sure to discourage anyone and everyone I know from ever playing a trion game in the future.

Trixologist

I know in your head this sounds just smashing and I know again that you are new here but not new to gaming but kicking older players who put up with Trions ♥♥♥♥ from the beginning and are STILL HERE is nothing to sneeze at. That's pure damn devotion and you want to make it better for new people?

Message received.
GET THE PRIORITIES RIGHT PLEASE.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I know in your head this sounds just smashing and I know again that you are new here but not new to gaming but kicking older players who put up with Trions ♥♥♥♥ from the beginning and are STILL HERE is nothing to sneeze at. That's pure damn devotion and you want to make it better for new people?

Message received.
GET THE PRIORITIES RIGHT PLEASE.

Well sure they do they want the new people with no gear to open those credit cards and fill their wallets so they can pvp. They don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about those of us who have invested nearly a year building our stuff up and paying them every month for subs and credits. We do not matter. That is the message I have received.

Draethorn
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Only comment I have is, I only play this game and patron because of my lands. If I lose my lands I quit playing. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Do what you will do and I shall do what I do. Have a nice day.

maiyah
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Well sure they do they want the new people with no gear to open those credit cards and fill their wallets so they can pvp. They don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about those of us who have invested nearly a year building our stuff up and paying them every month for subs and credits. We do not matter. That is the message I have received.

I got that same memo. ♥♥♥♥ing betrayal.

blackhole
06-01-2015, 04:51 PM
I'd like a refund for all the money I invested buying credits for land, taxes, and land expansion certs. You defrauded me of my money with assurances of no server mergers. Will you be taking away players regrades too so that they can obtain it again on the new server?
Evolution = Merger.
Just because I have a toyota and call it a BMW still makes it a Toyota.

Kloee
06-01-2015, 04:51 PM
And over half my land is now going up for sale. I know I play on Kyrios but I'd rather have the gold now then risk getting screwed later.

gg Trino

Ralfadamus
06-01-2015, 04:53 PM
So if this happens, I get the land can't come with the name, but what about gear? Will what is on the characters back, and in their bag transfer also? If the answer is no, I really do not see the point of playing until this is settled.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 04:53 PM
I'd like a refund for all the money I invested buying credits for land, taxes, and land expansion certs. You defrauded me of my money with assurances of no server mergers. Will you be taking away players regrades too so that they can obtain it again on the new server?
Evolution = Merger.
Just because I have a toyota and call it a BMW still makes it a Toyota.

Me too and its no small amount of money. Maybe they should have changed the Ability to Own land perk of being a patron into Ability to rent land until we decide to screw you over and take it back.

Myrgatroid
06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Looking so forward to this, thanks!

I'm sorry for all of those that are attached to their land, however. I enjoy and religiously till the land that I have, but I prefer having a healthy population to play with.

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Say I am actually masochistic enough to stick around beyond the 'evolution' (nice attempt at a corporate spin on merger) and I am UNABLE to get land? I have 3 superior chests, 1 illustrious chest, and one of those golden ones that are almost full to bursting with items. What happens to me, then? That's far more than I could fit into my personal inventory or my warehouse and if I am unable to have a house where I can put chests, what do I do?

TehOuchies

On Enla between multiple accounts I have 2 mansions, 6 gazebos, two thatched and seven 16 farms. Just about all of it adjacent to each other. Good Game.

Laearra
As a player on Tahyang who as an individual and in a guild worked hard to earn her "choice" plots and worked under the assurance given not even two months ago that transfers would be done before merges and that "we have no plans for merges", I have to say that this "evolution" already sucks and you will likely lose a good many more players as you try and cater to those who want "packed" servers.

Some of us enjoy our medium populated server and would prefer not to be forced into a situation where we have to "put up" or "shut up" in the high pops.

I have defended Trion left, right and center for all of the various "gates", but my faith in the company is now shaken and I can say that if this is the plan to "solve" the issue, you certainly did not listen to a good portion of your player base and your paying customers.

Kaleya

I'm sorry for all of those that are attached to their land, however. I enjoy and religiously till the land that I have, but I prefer having a healthy population to play with.

Which transfers would give you just as easily as screwing those of us who don't want it does.

Rilect
i play on inoch if we get merged and i lose my land, i know this goes to say for a ton of others but i'm out of here i've had my land in falcorth since launch i'm not going to keep playing if i lose it due to a stupid merge that no one wants.

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 04:56 PM
A compensation for all the money ive invested in trading/buying land from other players would be nice. Ive spent ALLOT of time and money getting all my land next to each other exactly as it is now. To just say that i need to redo a land rush to be fair for new players is complete BS!! You my as well tell me that sticking with this game as long as means NOTHING to Trion. WHY not make so that the players with PRE-BUILT building can place for say the first week.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 04:57 PM
In a traditional merge, one server is mushed into another one. This would leave a ton of people at a huge disadvantage, as opposed to the level playing field of a land rush.

From Amary (Assoc. Producer):
"With 1.2 we added restrictions on the number of houses you can have in progress.
When placing new property, if you have two placed properties with unfinished construction, you will be blocked from placing any more. If you have more than two unfinished properties, you will need to reduce that number (through completion or demolition) to bring that number below two before you can claim additional land. Fellowship Plazas do not count towards this limit.
So even if someone is hacking, they have a 5 second delay between placements, and a 2 in progress limit.
For a new server there are no demos involved anyway ;)
The people who are on Evolving servers will have full placement kits, because they're being moved. So they won't be hitting the incomplete limit until they try to place more land than they previously owned."

We have gone through land rushes since 1.2 (Diamond Shores, Golden Ruins) that have not resulted in major incidents of land hacking, as reviewed by Devs and CS team.
~Brasse

Furdaddio
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM
- In the course of a game's life cycle, it is normal to see two things happen: lower level zones used by low to mid-level players are underpopulated, and players move on to new games.
In ArcheAge, we are now seeing an increase over time in our player base, but many players, old and new, have requested a way to bring together more players on each server.

Uh, if this is true, won't this solve the problem in the long run anyway, especially if you guys as a company market the game and police the game correctly?

ironicsilence
Is there any chance the list of servers not being considered will change as we get closer to D Day?

hawkmyg
This is the dumbest idea Trion. I lose my land and everything I will not be coming back to this or support anymore Trion games. This is complete BS .....

Myrgatroid
06-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Which transfers would give you just as easily as screwing those of us who don't want it does.

Agree. That would be an all around better choice and am unsure why they don't go that route first. Also, what happens to AH clusters?

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
BTW a traditional Merge can be one server into another or two servers into a new server. Played many MMO they ALL called it Merge.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:01 PM
In a traditional merge, one server is mushed into another one. This would leave a ton of people at a huge disadvantage, as opposed to the level playing field of a land rush.

"With 1.2 we added restrictions on the number of houses you can have in progress.
When placing new property, if you have two placed properties with unfinished construction, you will be blocked from placing any more. If you have more than two unfinished properties, you will need to reduce that number (through completion or demolition) to bring that number below two before you can claim additional land. Fellowship Plazas do not count towards this limit.
So even if someone is hacking, they have a 5 second delay between placements, and a 2 in progress limit.
The people who are on Evolving servers will have full placement kits, because they're being moved. So they won't be hitting the incomplete limit until they try to place more land than they previously owned."

We have gone through land rushes since 1.2 (Diamond Shores, Golden Ruins) that have not resulted in major incidents of land hacking, as reviewed by Devs and CS team.
~Brasse

Just stop trying to make a land rush into a good thing when it is not. Just stop. No one is buying it. I have spent 9 months and hundreds of dollars and thousands upon thousands of gold, much of it to hackers you insist do not exist, finally getting my land all together in one spot. A land rush to me is useless because I will never be able to recreate what I have. EVERYONE DOES NOT WANT MERGES. Stop acting like everyone does. I would be surprised if even 50% of the player base wanted them. LAND RUSHES ARE NOT FUN! I was there at headstart and did not get land. You opened more servers, you said ROLL ON THESE SERVERS FOR LAND. Now you are saying. Sorry you listened to us. Say goodbye to all you have built we don't care. Stop acting like this is fun and everyone should be happy because WE WHO LOVE OUR LAND ARE NOT HAPPY!!!

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Across 3 Accounts, My Wife, Mine, and My Brothers, We have 11 Golden Tear Drop Chests and 2 Dimensional Chest. Most of which are bursting. Yes im a pack rat and thats my play style. How in the world does Trion plan to migrate all that?

Discoteka
The definition of a server merge, thanks to Google. Stop calling it a spin buzzword. It's an effing merge.

"The meaning of Server Merge: to combine Server data of two or more Servers into one Server. In brief, players from different servers can play together."

Yoru

So what I see here is that it's okay to like owning land but having too many plots is wrong? Now Trion is telling its players that legal gameplay is bad and should be penalized. What I'm going to say to this is: Trion, you make too much money in a legal way. Lose 3/4 of your money because I want other people to be happy too and have most of your money. Trion = Hypocrite Communists

Screw land rush. I've paid 150$ to avoid having to land rush with a billion of other players so give me my money back cuz you are stealing!

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 05:04 PM
You opened more servers, you said ROLL ON THESE SERVERS FOR LAND. Now you are saying. Sorry you listened to us. Say goodbye to all you have built we don't care. Stop acting like this is fun and everyone should be happy because WE WHO LOVE OUR LAND ARE NOT HAPPY!!!

This. So much this.

I just cheered you aloud, Kaleya.

JustDan
Inoch isn't a low pop server at all, it's between dead and zerg. We don't have problems that other low pop servers have like being unable to kill kraken while we can fight for hours over the kraken and kill it in 10 minutes once we're done. Hell there is still barely any free land at the nice safe zones.

maiyah
I started on a big server and rolled on a smaller newer one to get land at Trions advice. Wtf! Now it's just propaganda. Please stop with the land rushes are cool talk, it makes me feel ignored as a consumer and customer.

Dirtyredz
Will Teleport book Locations and Recal Points be transferred?

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
So if this happens, I get the land can't come with the name, but what about gear? Will what is on the characters back, and in their bag transfer also? If the answer is no, I really do not see the point of playing until this is settled.

- Our goal is to ensure that all personal, inventory and bank items will transfer, including currency (such as coins and honor). This will be a very complex database challenge.
In-game mail will likely not transfer, nor will listed auctions. This makes it important for us to give as much advance notice as possible when we set a date for the Evolution.
Items in chests are a special challenge, and will need to have them packed up, one way or another. Based on our personal play experience, we know that most of us are pack rats; we have concerns about those of us with so many items that we canít possibly fit them in warehouse/inventory. We need to find a reasonable way to address that situation. Us pack rats hate having to drop goods!

Nomi
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Name conflicts, will those players who paid $150.00 for early access have priority for keeping their names?
These same early access players should have early access to the new evolution servers, to compensate them for the loss of land that they paid to get.
Will achievements (read exploration) be reset as part of transfers from low population servers?

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Will Teleport book Locations and Recal Points be transferred?

On my list of followup questions, thank you!

Robeus
06-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Way to go Trion, you've gone and ruined the game for ALOT of people, me and my girlfriend spent from day 1 til now getting the perfect area of land and now you're going to take that away from us? All you have to do is implement a CHANNEL SYSTEM then people can keep their land and still have it so people can PVP. But no, you're going to take away all our hard work and MONEY getting how we wanted with your promises of no server mergers then change your mind. There better be an option to get a full refund on this game as you have cheated your most loyal player base.

And NO land rushes are not fun after spending a year in the first place trying to get what we want.

beer can steve
06-01-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm a newer player, so what happens to all the gold I spent buying prime plots of land to set up trade runs for myself.

Yoru
06-01-2015, 05:07 PM
name conflicts, will those players who paid $150.00 for early access have priority for keeping their names?
these same early access players should have early access to the new evolution servers, to compensate them for the loss of land that they paid to get.
will achievements (read exploration) be reset as part of transfers from low population servers?

this!

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:08 PM
They don't care, they only care about the pvpers and their gear. Apparently the land owners do not spend enough money to be relevant.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Name conflicts, will those players who paid $150.00 for early access have priority for keeping their names?
These same early access players should have early access to the new evolution servers, to compensate them for the loss of land that they paid to get.
Will achievements (read exploration) be reset as part of transfers from low population servers?

I think the name and early access queries can be added to our existing investigation regarding Patrons in the Evolution. Adding now and will update when we have more info!
Exploration achievements should be an interesting one - it may be dependent on how the databases function, adding that as well, thank you.

Larcen
06-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Curious how a land rush is a good thing, for those of us who work 45+hrs a week and won't be home when this land rush happens? Thats why it took some of us 6+ months to bust our ♥♥♥ to earn gold to buy the land we have.

vagrant
06-01-2015, 05:09 PM
we begged not to add extra servers during the queues. i guess they made more money by doing it though.

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Notice a trend here Trion? Do you see anyone saying FINALLY a server MERGE im so happy? NO. Do you see any PVPERS going FINALLY more people to kill? NO. ALL i see is LAND OWNERS saying HOW ABOUT MY LAND? COMPENSATION?

Crazy Mike
06-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Will there be any way to change your faction or race with this new system being developed? Or even a new part of said system to make that possible, that would really help people turn a complete new once they move to a new server, if they want to try the opposing faction with their friends or just be a cat. :P

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Will there be any way to change your faction or race with this new system being developed? Or even a new part of said system to make that possible.

I'm sure they will be happy to sell you one for RL cash, they're gonna need it after running off half their paying customers.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Say I am actually masochistic enough to stick around beyond the 'evolution' (nice attempt at a corporate spin on merger) and I am UNABLE to get land? I have 3 superior chests, 1 illustrious chest, and one of those golden ones that are almost full to bursting with items. What happens to me, then? That's far more than I could fit into my personal inventory or my warehouse and if I am unable to have a house where I can put chests, what do I do?

This is of course a concern. I am pretty much maxed out as well, and I suspect many are like us. We are definitely looking at this very carefully. From the FAQ:

Items in chests are a special challenge, and will need to have them packed up, one way or another. Based on our personal play experience, we know that most of us are pack rats; we have concerns about those of us with so many items that we canít possibly fit them in warehouse/inventory. We need to find a reasonable way to address that situation. Us pack rats hate having to drop goods!

Gentatsu

Due to the unique nature of ArcheAge, particularly with regard to land ownership, we will not undertake the old style standard server merges - instead, we are embarking on an Evolution, which gives players more choices.

question: why dont yas all drop the cloak and dagger and just call it a merger. In the OP you state low populated servers are getting moved to a shiny new server. Thats not a evolution, thats a merger, especially since i get to loose my land and have to waste what little gold i have to start all over on a new server. Lumber packs lost, stone packs lost, Tax certs used to place the plot.

- We are still looking at a number of options before solidifying the process. The basic plan is as follows: new servers will be created, and players from current low population servers will be moved to these shiny new servers. Yes, that means... LAND RUSH! All other details are under evaluation.

LAND RUSH!!! I dont want to be merged to a shiny new server, I like where I am. If i wanted to be a on a heavy populated server I would have already rolled a toon there. The idea of having to spend another 4 or 5 months for a plot of land on a crowded server, royaly pisses me off, since i am happy right where i am in my corner of the gaming world.

- All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another. At this time, we are primarily focused on the needs of the lowest population servers. Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them. We feel itís important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers.

As of June 1, our tentative plan is as follows...
Enla, Ezi, Calleil, Inoch, Lucius
Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
To be determined (population will be reviewed as we get closer to the Evolution date):
Tahyang

Since my server is on the list for me to loose everything, Is Trion planning a compensation pack to make us pissed off players happy. Considering not all the servers will be loosing their land and having to start over. That aint right 1 bit that half the servers get to start all over while the other half loose everything and has to fight to get something. I wouldnt mind so much if we didnt have any land or houses. No i dont have 10 or 15 lands, But i like what i have and where i am.

- Players and their items will be packaged to move. We will offer more details on the specifics as we get closer to the date.
Basically, since its already stated we all loose our land, They will deconstruct our farms and houses and mail them back to us via in game mail. then when the server comes up we all get to do mad dashes to the nearest mail box and hopefully get 1 plot of land because it would now be over friggin crowded.

yep that means if ya cant put it in the bank or in a toons inventory it will probably be gone, thus more items we worked for and spent our gold on to get will be gone, thus starting all over from scratch.

- We want to offer choices, but we need technical confirmation that we can support affected players in their choice of servers on their region. We'll update as soon as we have confirmation.
Offer choices??????? then I choose to stay on Enla, I dont want to be forced onto a crowded packed to the hilt server. If i wanted that i would have stayed on OLLO.

Will it go more smoothly than Headstart did? How many patrons got left out of that housing land rush?
Will it go most smoothly that Aurora update release? How many patrons got left out of that???

Do Patrons get any special items or considerations in the Evolution, such as early access?
- We have not discussed this yet, but we will let you know!

considering This is not a Evolution since yer taking 4 low pop servers and cramming us onto a shiny new server to be crowded to the hilt. We all loose our land and have to start over. I seriously hope their is a compensation pack for ONLY those who are getting forced to move to a new server and have to start over. Sorry, since those servers that are not on the list or getting effected to get moved are loosing land, then they shouldnt get included on any compensation.

In closing I wasnt part of Headstart, I waited and started as F2P on Enla on Day 1. Since then i have busted my rear to make gold to buy apex and get patron. Finally able to get a paid 6 month subscription and finally get settled into a routine after working to get a piece of land here and there. To now just loose it all makes me more angry than a disturbed hornets nest.

Why dont ya just call it as is, this is a merger. Plain and simple... We dont get to keep any of our land and will probably loose items from our chests because we cant fit it all in our bank or charecter inventories.

Evolution, ROFLMAO. this is a merger nothing more. I Apolgize for my mood but this evolution / merger spin has me ticked off. You would have been better to just call it a merger from the get go. I would not have gotten this angry if ya would just tell the truth. saying, This isnt a traditional merger, this is a evolution is a PR Spin and basically fib to its customer base because this is a merger since were having to loose our land and start over on a new server.

Thanks Trion!!!

Signed
Angry Enla Player

Furball the Second
What happens if you merge two servers and a player ends up with more than four toons on the new server? Allow it? Ask the player to delete toons? ...

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Number of player HOSTILE kills?
Proficiency in various skills?

DataDog
06-01-2015, 05:16 PM

With the rampant hacks and exploits in ArcheAge I feel a massive server transfer will give cheaters an opportunity to claim large amounts of land and sell it to legit players, again. With land having so much value in this game, I think all players with land should be getting more compensation than simply an "opportunity" to acquire better land.

What happens if we're locked out of the server like during Auroria launch and large amounts of land is taken by illegitimate means? Will this be allowed a second time, seeing as there was no roll back? I have little faith that Trion will execute this mass server transfer without alienating, upsetting or otherwise cheating their legit playerbase, again.

None
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM
TrionBrasse, can you at least acknowledge the people in this thread that are concerned about their land? Its a huge part of this game so I think it deserves a little recognition. Basically all Im asking for is if enough people don't want to merge can we just stop this process to merge?

Also an idea that I cam up with is if more than half the active player base on a server (total unique logins every 24hrs averaged over a week or so) opts for merges then we can proceed with a merge? Let democracy work!

Reyzoul Soulstorm
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Have you considered instead of dragging us kicking and screaming and forcing us to transfer when we don't want to...

Instead go to the overpopulated servers and offer anyone who wants to transfer, a way off that server to a lower pop server.

Use a carrot, not a stick.

In the end, you still get balance.

Dipsy
06-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Now I have something to look forward to ^^

Mudbone827
06-01-2015, 05:18 PM

This 1000%!

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Have you considered instead of dragging us kicking and screaming and forcing us to transfer when we don't want to...

Instead go to the overpopulated servers and offer anyone who wants to transfer, a way off that server to a lower pop server.

I agree and second this, give them 2400 credits or 50 loyalty to transfer to our lower pop servers, give it a week and we will have balance.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Notice a trend here Trion? Do you see anyone saying FINALLY a server MERGE im so happy? NO. Do you see any PVPERS going FINALLY more people to kill? NO. ALL i see is LAND OWNERS saying HOW ABOUT MY LAND? COMPENSATION?

What we see is a group of very engaged, invested, passionate players voicing their concerns. The people without concerns are not posting here, because they do not have concerns. However, low population servers are not fun for the majority of players, and they have been asking for a solution to population issues for some time.
We're doing the best we can to make the largest proportion of players happy, and this thread is open to help us collect more questions, challenges and constructive feedback. It will help a great deal in making the process better for all.

maiyah
06-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I agree and second this, give them 2400 credits or 50 loyalty to transfer to our lower pop servers, give it a week and we will have balance.
Amen! And Trion won't earn a rep as a gaming company to always avoid. A win/win.

Mingo
06-01-2015, 05:21 PM
If I lose any of my land locations I will cancel my subscription and move on to another game. I'm really attached to all the things ive built. I'm crap at land rush and paid for every plot with lots and lots of my time saving up gold. The total amount of time I spent saving up gold solely for purchasing land locations must add up to at least a month. It's not a nice feeling to have a month of your life wasted for nothing.

TranceFox
06-01-2015, 05:21 PM
http://s18.postimg.org/wl8g8o12x/cheese02.jpg

I have played on Inoch since Headstart. I have spent a LOT of time acquiring the land I have which is a 28x28 Chalet, 3 Gazebos and 12 Large Scarecrows connected in Falcorth Plains. If I lose my land plots that are all connected and and up having to do a land rush then I am done with this game. 100% done. I have put up with a lot of garbage from Trion during this past 8 months but that would be the final straw for me. I'll go back to Tera or World of Warcraft before I spend another second in this game with its ridiculously bad decision making. I know a LOT of people on Inoch that will just flat out quit as well. I pay for 3 patron accounts each month to afford the land I have. I wont be abused by Trion anymore if this plan goes underway.

Spumonii
06-01-2015, 05:22 PM

~Brasse

this wont solve land baron issues at all then because a fully built kit means they can just plop down whatever they want. Im not concerned with land hackers so much. altho im sure with this announcement they'll be working on it. The land rushes in 1.2 were NOTHING compared the land rushes in the beginning of the game. Sure admittedly there were more hackers....i am cautious about how this will play out and for the time being im not happy about it....

Ishmila
thank god

Here is an idea for developers, put 1 hour delay on land placement, or 5 hours, give those an option that cant log in immediately. therefor people cant solo swoop an entire area ! I think this is more then fair.

Dirtyredz
What we see is a group of very engaged, invested, passionate players voicing their concerns. The people without concerns are not posting here, because they do not have concerns. However, low population servers are not fun for the majority of players, and they have been asking for a solution to population issues for some time.
We're doing the best we can to make the largest proportion of players happy, and this thread is open to help us collect more questions, challenges and constructive feedback. It will help a great deal in making the process better for all.

Those People asked for SERVER TRANSFERS not a SERVER MERGE. Also my earlier suggestion reward players from higher pops to come to ours with rewards. A server MERGE is not necessary, Ive spent ALLOT of money on this game in particular to my land placement, and your taking the value of MY money to nothing.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Will there be any way to change your faction or race with this new system being developed? Or even a new part of said system to make that possible, that would really help people turn a complete new once they move to a new server, if they want to try the opposing faction with their friends or just be a cat. :P

Hehehe. I will ask. Nothing wrong with asking!
Scapes says that this is highly unlikely.

Raziell
sigh....

- Toward the end of this year. We don't have a date yet, and there are a LOT of technical details to work out. It also gives you all lots of time to think of additional concerns or questions for us to address.

if this ♥♥♥♥ means i will loose lands im sure trion will loss more players and some ♥♥♥♥ else on theyr minds, me and a few friends will probably quit if we loss the small plots we have after so much trouble to get them ¨¨

my server is on list and i allready have a handfull of reds to deal while on sea, if this get worse theres no need to stay and heat my head off

FatesTenacity
LAND RUSH = I'm gonna be stuck living in Windscour AGAIN because all the land will be hacked/taken within hours of server opening. :\
Not to mention if half the player base can't even log INTO the servers. Remember Auroria land rush? yea. Great job with THAT one.
I worked hard to build my properties and land that I currently have and now it's gonna be gone and I'll have to uproot to somewhere else?
Fck that.
Offer server transfers FIRST. I'd love to transfer to a lower pop server with less ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags on it. -_-

MinervaBlitz

Are you sure? Are you really sure? Everyone on Inoch is fine with Inoch. Everyone is happy with Inoch.

Now? You have half of the god damn faction talking about quitting the game because you are wiping the slate on peoples progress.

The people without concerns are not posting here

Nice echo chamber you have there, I hope it's worth killing the game over.

Until you cut through the PR ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and be straight with your playerbase over what exactly is happening, I nor anyone I know will be spending a single dime on this game.

Robeus

So you're only catering to the PVPers? and those who have land are being ignored? Why not try one of these:

1) forget mergers, only allow transfers from the high pops to low pops

2) delete all pvp gear and see how many people cry at you then as you'll essentially be ignoring them as much as those with houses

TranceFox
06-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Excuse me, I don't recall anyone from Inoch begging for a merger. I don't consider Inoch low pop either. We are just fine as we are. Our abyssal battles each day last between 2-4 hours with amazing pvp/turnout so you can strike Inoch off that list of "low pop servers" because we are doing just fine. If you want to help everyone else? Offer server transfers but leave our server alone.

Kaleya

Why can you not see that TRANSFERS solve the problem for everyone. You are ruining the game for half your players.

TrionBrasse

Reyzoul, we are indeed considering that offering, but in addition to the Evolution, which we cannot avoid, because not enough people will transfer from the high pop servers to achieve balance.
From the FAQ: "Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them."

Nerrivik
06-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Ahhh, so there it is. Trion has officially announced a forced merger and a new land rush. Thereby, they have officially declared war on their most loyal customers.

Trino, Trino, Trino, this can only end in tears for you. Allow me to explain:

1. Many people will quit. Period.
2. There are those that are still addicted, like myself. I have now cancelled my two subs, and will continue playing the game for as long as I see fit as an Apex freeloader. I expect many of the remaining people will do the exact same thing.

This will result in a huge demand for Apex. Good for you, you think ?
Well, not quite. Prices for Apex will skyrocket. This means that:

1. Apex sellers now have to purchase far fewer Apexes to get the usual amount of gold.
2. Not many Apex sellers will be willing to invest their money on servers that are scheduled for demolition.
3. Many players will be unable to afford Apex with their ingame gold and leave the game. (This will eventually include myself.)
4. Because of points 1-3, you are likely to kill off your existing low pop servers before they even have a chance to be merged.

Not to mention that you have just ruined any remaining fun players on your "death-list-servers" could have had for months to come.

So, you will lose:

1. Money from your subscribers
2. Money people would spend on credits
3. Money from Apex sellers
4. The playerbase in general

In a few months time, you will have nothing but free players left who kill each other in Arena all day. Archeage, a unique game that started out as a promising MMORPG and was evolved by it’s publishers into a limited and dull Arena simulater, without the diversity of battle.net. Congratulations.

I hereby nominate Trion, Inc. for the Karl Marx Business Oscar, bestowed only on those companies that have no interest in their own profit, but are instead determined to make as many people, including their own staff, as miserable as possible.

Well done.

TranceFox
good leave, more land for the rest of us then ur land grabbing ♥♥♥

I'm sorry but you are a jealous whining troll. How about you leave? This thread is for conversing our opinions, not personal attacks because you think someone owns too much land. You are not needed here and your post is trolling.

TehOuchies
If I am going to lose all my land, and if you are going to impose another land rush on me I demand that every one else loses their land, even those on servers that will not get merged. They should not be immune to your bad decisions, especially when they affect so many.

DataDog
06-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Amen! And Trion won't earn a rep as a gaming company to always avoid. A win/win.

Too late.

Yoru

We've been giving an awful lot of constructive feedback and better ideas to handle the issue. The truth is you want it to go your way to lower server costs and have no concern with the issues it will cause to the players because you've already calculated that the loss of income from players leaving will be lower than the reduction of expenses and the increase in income from new playerbase.

Nothing we say will help us keep what we cherished or even make all the money we spent not be useless. I give up. I completely give up being mad and I give up faith in Trion as a business because you sell a false product.

It's all. Recurring sub's ending now. Any credit purchase ends now. Quitting will come after the fail land rush.

DriveByViktum
I dutifully paid my 150.00 for early access so I could be one of the first to acquire land. I started on Naima. I went through all of the safe zones i could ( as this was the logical starting point for a level 15-20 with a new scarecrow), and was unable to find anything. Ditto on Tahyang. I was then told by Trion that they were rolling out new servers, so I abandoned all but one character on Tahyang, and moved to Inoch. There, i was lucky enough to find a 16x16 in Falcorth, Oxion Clan. A guild was created, and over the next 8 months, we were able to secure 2-3 16x16's each, plus a small house, all connected.

We worked hard to acquire the land, though whatever means we had at our disposal. We spent thousands of gold and dozens of hours of game time to gradually shift all of the properties for our guild members so they all connected, by trading plots with others, buying plots, etc.

My guildies have all worked every hard to create the environment that we have, and no amount of compensation would be able to full re-create the environment we have now.

I now own 3 16x16's and a 24x24 townhouse in Oxion. Does this mean that *I* am a land baron or a "slumlord"? Does this mean that I am just a lowly "carebear" who is just here to play Farmville 3D?

Brasse, your comments towards land owners are rude, insensitive, and derogatory to a player base that comprises a large percentage of your servers. You may WANT to believe PVP'ers drive the cash shop, but I would bet money that the ratio is a lot closer than you would lead us to believe.

I have been though, what 6 land rushes now since the opening of this game, what with the initial server hops and new lands opening up in the expansion? I honestly don't have the energy or time to do this all over again, and I don't PVP enough to carry all my worldly wealth in a sack on my back.

I welcome your comments in this matter, but I expect none.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy some land?

Gentatsu
06-01-2015, 05:28 PM

not everyone will loose their land. ONLY those players on the effected servers get to loose their land and items that wont fit into the toon inventory and warehouse. So not everyone is effected. IF trion would like me not to be angry about loosing it all and starting over. then They should remove all the placed houses across ALL the servers and make everyone start over equally.

elgen
The fix is easy and can be done with this train wreck of merger's that is come. Let's not forget how auro patch went and most of us got screwed out of that. Not to mention the land rush at release when we had to wait 12 hours half the time just to get into game.

Instead of new server's set it up like this. All server's is a auction house cluster merge. When I say merge I do not mean any of the servers are removed or destroyed. Instead each server in that cluster becomes a channel. Players would be able to move freely between server channels to counter the effect of a single server with low population. Every one would be able to keep the land they worked hard for and the community would not have to deal with the stress of another land rush.

Given how poorly the last two major land rushes went I don't think we could hand another one. Most people are not even considering the major impact that sort of thing will have on the economy. Enla was ranked the highest in cross sea trade runs that produce resources in NA yet it is one of the server's slated to be removed. While I do not care for the castle system I can more then see the effects of losing hundreds of thousands of gold per week that they produce. More so given that fishing and coin purses have been nerfed to next to nothing. We have all seen what happens when there is not enough gold being produce in the system already.

The technology for the channel system appears to already be in place in the game we see it used in the library with multi channels. On top of that Khorlan has had some experience already using that sort of system from his days working at SOE.

Rilect
good leave, more land for the rest of us then ur land grabbing ♥♥♥

he got that much land because no one was paying attention to demo dates, scrubs like you need to learn their place rather then just insulting others with out knowledge of how things were obtained.

FatesTenacity
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Why not have a *transfer system similar to other games example: GW2
Unable to x-fer TO high pop servers, but you're able to x-fer FROM them.
Higher pop servers cost more to transfer to VS lower ones.

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
AGAIN how about compensation for players who already have land, some/most of those players had to pay a considerable amount of Time/Gold to get the land they did get.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Ahhh, so there it is. Trion has officially announced a forced merger and a new land rush. Thereby, they have officially declared war on their most loyal customers.

snip

There are those that are still addicted, like myself. I have now cancelled my two subs, and will continue playing the game for as long as I see fit as an Apex freeloader. I expect many of the remaining people will do the exact same thing.

I have done the same but when Apex doubles which is surely will I will be out completely.

TrionBrasse
What happens if you merge two servers and a player ends up with more than four toons on the new server? Allow it? Ask the player to delete toons? ...

Now that is an excellent question. I have the max allowed six characters myself, on two servers... putting this on the list, thank you!

Kaleya
If I am going to lose all my land, and if you are going to impose another land rush on me I demand that every one else loses their land, even those on servers that will not get merged. They should not be immune to your bad decisions, especially when they affect so many.

Agree!

Rilect
06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Why not have a *transfer system similar to other games example: GW2
Unable to x-fer TO high pop servers, but you're able to x-fer FROM them.
Higher pop servers cost more to transfer to VS lower ones.
you can actually transfer to a high pop server like black gate on gw2 if you do it during certain times in the night when not alot of players are on.

MinervaBlitz
Keep on ignoring the hard questions.

You're just convincing everyone to pack up and leave.

Mudbone827

I am TOTALLY ATTACHED to my land and play this game as an online single player game and EVERYONE is just an NPC to me. -LOL

TranceFox
AGAIN how about compensation for players who already have land, some/most of those players had to pay a considerable amount of Time/Gold to get the land they did get.

Compensation simply wont work. I paid $150.00 like a lot of others did to get headstart to grab the land I wanted. If they are going to force us into another land grab I'm gone. But for moral value, they should refund the cash we spent for the headstart because we paid for headstart FOR land location to begin with.

Jin
06-01-2015, 05:32 PM
For names, I believe the highest level and last login date should keep their names. For an example, John is a Level 55 in Enla while there is another person named John that is Level 50 in Lucius. The Level 50 has to change their name. The Level 50's name will look like this: "John0000ac".

FatesTenacity
I dutifully paid my 150.00 for early access so I could be one of the first to acquire land. I started on Naima. I went through all of the safe zones i could ( as this was the logical starting point for a level 15-20 with a new scarecrow), and was unable to find anything. Ditto on Tahyang. I was then told by Trion that they were rolling out new servers, so I abandoned all but one character on Tahyang, and moved to Inoch. There, i was lucky enough to find a 16x16 in Falcorth, Oxion Clan. A guild was created, and over the next 8 months, we were able to secure 2-3 16x16's each, plus a small house, all connected.

We worked hard to acquire the land, though whatever means we had at our disposal. We spent thousands of gold and dozens of hours of game time to gradually shift all of the properties for our guild members so they all connected, by trading plots with others, buying plots, etc.

My guildies have all worked every hard to create the environment that we have, and no amount of compensation would be able to full re-create the environment we have now.

I now own 3 16x16's and a 24x24 townhouse in Oxion. Does this mean that *I* am a land baron or a "slumlord"? Does this mean that I am just a lowly "carebear" who is just here to play Farmville 3D?

Brasse, your comments towards land owners are rude, insensitive, and derogatory to a player base that comprises a large percentage of your servers. You may WANT to believe PVP'ers drive the cash shop, but I would bet money that the ratio is a lot closer than you would lead us to believe.

I have been though, what 6 land rushes now since the opening of this game, what with the initial server hops and new lands opening up in the expansion? I honestly don't have the energy or time to do this all over again, and I don't PVP enough to carry all my worldly wealth in a sack on my back.

I welcome your comments in this matter, but I expect none.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy some land?

10000000% agree with this.

Ishmila
he got that much land because no one was paying attention to demo dates, scrubs like you need to learn their place rather then just insulting others with out knowledge of how things were obtained.

LOL caling me a scrub, funny, your one of those that thinks they are good but your the ones i get free packs from alllll day

THIS IS GOOD !!!! we will have pvp all day

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Is there any chance the list of servers not being considered will change as we get closer to D Day?

Yes. That is why they are listed as "tentative." You can imagine that if a bunch of people start characters on a low pop server hoping for Evolution, at some point it MAY become populated enough to be considered high-pop. It's unlikely, but possible.
Everything is tentative at this very early date. We are many months out yet.

maiyah
06-01-2015, 05:34 PM
So land on every "low" server just became utterly worthless..

Reyzoul Soulstorm
Reyzoul, we are indeed considering that offering, but in addition to the Evolution, which we cannot avoid, because not enough people will transfer from the high pop servers to achieve balance.
From the FAQ: "Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them."
The number of players that move can be controlled by your enticement to do so.

Just like resolving an overbooked airline, you start with an offer.. and you get so many takers.
If you don't get enough, the offer goes up.

Since the offers are all virtual items, there's no real cost to doing this... whereas doing it with a stick has a real cost for each account that QQ's.

Roma Fireheart
Why can't we just get transfer options? I've been on Calleil for so long and I enjoy my time and my land there. The people that don't enjoy it and want more , can leave, why do I have to go with them?

Why does the hundreds/thousands of dollars that i've spent on your game, not matter now, because Calleil is low pop, but the land, money & time of high pop server players, matters more?

I understand the whole "evolution" theme to distract people from the fact that this is what it is, the peasants have to move. I would really like to be given the same respect as people on high pop servers. A Choice.
I do not wish to leave Calleil and start all this land rush fiasco against land hackers and bot users.
I don't want to have to pay your company more money for tax certs at an atrocious rate of exchange because you will not grant me the choice of leaving or staying.

Low population servers, in a world of choice, should be given a transfer to and from option. This is no choice, this is not fairness or even an act of respect towards the player base. This is simply a heads up of all our time and money being reset to do it again.
If it wasn't, people on Low Pop servers would have an option of staying or leaving.

That option,w ould be made further possible by providing cross-server battle grounds, instance queues, and actual pve-instances to play together in.

Also, with so much wasted empty land in the game, and so many people complaining about land, you may want to look into removing the housing zones and allow housing, anywhere. Or increase the housing zones, add more.

There is 0 reason to have so much free land with nothing growing, no mobs, no trees, no plants, while peole complain about lack of land and then mergers?

Would we even need to merge, I mean "evolution", if we were given transfer options TO low pop servers, while all that empty land, was turned into housing land?

High pop server people would come to the low pop servers, low pop keep their land and archeage gets more housing and farmable land.

Yet, we're discussing mergers? Just turn the servers into Channels ala GW2 and be done with it and then focus on your actual content.

Rilect
LOL caling me a scrub, funny, your one of those that thinks they are good but your the ones i get free packs from alllll day

THIS IS GOOD !!!! we will have pvp all day

pretty sure i was the one taking the packs not you. i don't run haulers or packs if i did i'd do it by car not something slow that can be 2 shot.

Robeus
06-01-2015, 05:35 PM
@TrionBrasse Have you even considered instead of doing this merger/not a merger you do channels? That way EVERYONE wins, i dont see why you dont go that route it can't be any more difficult than what you're already doing. Names will be a problem but i'd rather lose my name than the £££ i paid for this.

Channel system: Server A and Server B are Joined in Server C with Server A becoming Channel 1 and Server B becoming Channel 2. You can freely switch channels so you can participate in PVP, trades etc and go back to the original server where your home is.

PLEASE RESPOND!

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Compensation simply wont work. I paid $150.00 like a lot of others did to get headstart to grab the land I wanted. If they are going to force us into another land grab I'm gone. But for moral value, they should refund the cash we spent for the headstart because we paid for headstart FOR land location to begin with.

Completely agree, no compensation short of the cash I dropped on headstart is going to do it because I am not trusting another minute of my time to this company so they can screw me over again a few months after the first merge when the population dies due to their mismanagement.

Raziell

great give up whitout try, Good joob, i dont see anyone in inoch complaining about pop, we are allways outnumbered by nuians but we still can win or put up a fight so i see no problems for me thats Balance not make server pop high so no one can even log in like on the 1sts months ¨¨

loss land, loss ways to make gold, start to care about PK"s in your own faction again.... if this is scheluded to the end of this year, so like 6 more months for me to play then im back to TERA probably....

Cynara
I am disgusted by this poorly concealed attempt to not call a duck a duck. It's a merger. C'mon Trionites, say it with me. MERGER. Evolution? Hardly. It's a merger.

The economy on the new servers will be erratic and not stabilize for a long time because compensation packages will give players mats(?), coins(?), labor pots(?), which will make these items far from rare and cut into the hard work of the players who have built a steady income through gathering, farming, crafting, etc.

Why not simply allow those who want a merger to go to it and leave the rest of us alone? THEN you can compare the voices you are hearing versus those you are not hearing.

Kitwyn

Did I miss the poll conducted by an outside entity (Trion's credibility is in doubt)? I was never asked to vote if a low pop server "is not fun". Please define how you discovered empirically that this is so or did you just pull the majority idea out of someplace that shall be nameless. Why did you think that those of about to be gutted would be relieved that your invested high pop players should feel safe that they will not be forced off their server. I guess those of us on low pop servers are second class citizens. Do we pay less in taxes or is it our patron sub that is cheaper?

Zengiar
06-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Cool thanks Trion that's all we needed to hear that your evolution is in no way at all different to a merge if you are on a low pop server. Please stop with your ridiculous PR speak that this is actually different to a merge because it isn't. High pop servers does not make this different at all in any way whatsoever, stop skirting around it and man up and admit that this is a merge and stop trying to talk any of the low pop servers out of it.

Low pop servers are all losing land, that's all we really needed to hear so thanks for at least not trying to dodge that issue. If you really intend on making things right for those on the listed servers then I hope for the love of god that you are not stupid enough to think that a land rush all over again is a good idea.

If you don't want more people quitting the game such that the combined server has a similar or less population than a single server before you need to put a restriction on who can claim land during the opening day or two of the server.

So a set of conditions would be like

1. Only players who previously held land for more than X amount of days are able to claim land to start with. Make absolutely sure that the date is long enough such that people can't mass create alts to claim land to exploit the system.
2. Players can only claim properties equal to their owned properties before the merge divided by 2 for example. So someone who has more properties can put more down to start with.
3. After the first day let the players who had land claim more plots if they desire.
4. After two days or more have passed then just completely open up all land again.
5. All players who previously held land but could no longer place a plot after this period should then be compensated for their losses.

Do you have the integrity to do something good for your players or will you just watch them leave once you open up another stupid land rush that nobody is actually interested in taking part of all over again?

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS WHO DECIDE TO CONTINUE
Something important all players will be taking notes of regarding this, is you WILL have to merge servers again unless you close the game down. As you lack the ability for all players to keep their land when these merges happen now then good luck trying to entice more players to the game, announcing the catastrophic results of what happens to all land owners for this merge signifies what will happen in future merges and even if I could claim all my land in the first merge I am struggling to see why anyone would want to keep playing knowing that their land is going to go poof again come next merge.

Shalille
Here's my advice:

Implement FAIR land ownership limits before doing any new land rush:

For example:

1 x 24x plots per account
2 x 16x plots
1 x 8x plots.

Force these limits for the duration of the new landgrab. This ensures everyone gets a reasonable amount of land.

Setrict
POSSIBLE SOLUTION (improvement)

Have XL add a few more housing areas in each zone, especially the strategic ones. There is a TON of unused space now that most people are not using the lower level zones to level. Get rid of a few centaurs in Halcyona for example. If you do this before the merge it would help mitigate the absolute HATE that will happen when people lose valuable placements.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:38 PM
@TrionBrasse Have you even considered instead of doing this merger/not a merger you do channels? That way EVERYONE wins, i dont see why you dont go that route it can't be any more difficult than what you're already doing. Names will be a problem but i'd rather lose my name than the £££ i paid for this.

Channel system: Server A and Server B are Joined in Server C with Server A becoming Channel 1 and Server B becoming Channel 2. You can freely switch channels so you can participate in PVP, trades etc and go back to the original server where your home is.

PLEASE RESPOND!

Its too much work/money. I never believed everyone who said this game was just a cash grab for trion but now I see clearly they were right all along.

Trixologist
06-01-2015, 05:38 PM

From the facts of life...do you actually know this or are you spewing things that you think make sense in response.
I do not recall a poll where "Trion" asked if people from those servers would be willing to move. I know for certain that 3 of my neighbors are from Ollo - moved because of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ bags.

You guys are managing this like bad parents with a trouble child. Instead of investing time into finding out the real issues you grant them "freedom" and are shocked when things get worse. Transfers have never been offered so it is impossible for you to actually say whether or not players would move.

The forums have been asking for transfers SINCE DAY ONE. Not mergers.

Skulz0013
06-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Hello all!

This FAQ will be updated over time as we finalize details for the upcoming Evolution.

The information offered here is NOT final, and due to the complexity of the process, is subject to change. It is also intentionally vague when we don't have solid answers yet. It's better to say we don't know because we have not fully investigated and verified matters rather than to provide incorrect information.

Please continue to post questions and constructive discussion to this thread - we're all in this together!

Please bear with us; we'll fill in the blanks and expand this FAQ enormously as we explore and test the internal processes requires, and address the specific concerns that you bring up.

~ The ArcheAge Team

- All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another. At this time, we are primarily focused on the needs of the lowest population servers. Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them. We feel itís important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers.

To be determined (population will be reviewed as we get closer to the Evolution date):
Tahyang

I am part of a large guild - how can we make sure we all end up on the same server?
- We know how important it is for guilds to stay together, so this is a top priority in our planning.

- We will announce the date as far as possible in advance, as well as the window for active Evolution.

What if a player misses the Evolution window or comes back after years away from the game?
- Most likely, players who are on a low population server and inactive at the time of the Evolution will be relocated automatically.

- You will transfer with your name. In the case of a name conflict on your new server, we may need to manually rename one of the characters. We need to review precisely how this process will work. We know this is an important consideration, and will clarify as soon as we can!

What happens if I change my mind and want to be on a different server than the one I chose at Evolution?
-Transfers post-Evolution may be offered through a web-based service; it's on our list to investigate!

Do Patrons get any special items or considerations in the Evolution, such as early access?

It took me from day one to gain what I got for land and I am happy. a server merge I am all for but losing all my land I got the hard way by working at it over time is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Why dont they merge the servers but instance into neighborhoods for the housing areas? We wont loose our current farms and the new players will get theres to. a win win!
I dont think forcing the loyal patrons to redo the land rush is right.
Maybe offer a partial refund of all the cash some of us spent in the markey place to enjoy a game alot of us will quit if land lost.

GreyGhost79
06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
What happens to people with multiple accounts? People with family and friends that play that may not be I'm the same guild? Is there a possibility that everyone could get split up?

Narcoleptic
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
+1

This is for the best of the game. If you're scared of moving or losing your land, too bad. Perhaps your servers are bad or low pop because all you do is carebear and farm your 10 gazebo's? I've seen many players leave my server because all one faction will do is carebear, driving away players who want to do more than that 1 aspect of the game. To me, mergers/new servers sound like a ton of new content, and I love it.

#ayyyyycontent

Zegend
At this point I am already seriously considering dropping my patron status simply because of the thought of the impending land grab. If the server merge does continue the only how I see myself paying any more money to this company either through patron or by purchasing credit is if there was no housing zones to begin with.

If a patch of land is flat enough and plants can grow their. Then we should be able to put a house or farm there. Also all builds and farm should be pre built items delivered to your mailbox. Only to be placed at a suitable location.

If not what about all of us that spent money on labor potions, or bought Lunar scarecrow farms or other items? What can you possibly offer us that could make any of us want to bother staying in this game, anything short of refunding us all the money we spent in the game thus far only to have it taken away because someone came up with an aha I have a bright idea moment.

Robeus
It took me from day one to gain what I got for land and I am happy. a server merge I am all for but losing all my land I got the hard way by working at it over time is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Why dont they merge the servers but instance into neighborhoods for the housing areas? We wont loose our current farms and the new players will get theres to. a win win!
I dont think forcing the loyal patrons to redo the land rush is right.
Maybe offer a partial refund of all the cash some of us spent in the markey place to enjoy a game alot of us will quit if land lost.

This ^

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:41 PM
With the rampant hacks and exploits in ArcheAge I feel a massive server transfer will give cheaters an opportunity to claim large amounts of land and sell it to legit players, again. With land having so much value in this game, I think all players with land should be getting more compensation than simply an "opportunity" to acquire better land.

From my earlier response to a similar question:

For a new server there are no demos involved anyway

~Brasse

To your concern about past technical issues with land rushes: the team is going to work especially diligently to eliminate glitches that could ruin moving day. No one wants to see that happen. We will all do our level best.

Sarat00ga
06-01-2015, 05:42 PM

this

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 05:43 PM
How will Family/Guilds be transferred to the same server? assuming ofcourse your going to have more then one Shiny new server

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Stop acting like this is fun and everyone should be happy because WE WHO LOVE OUR LAND ARE NOT HAPPY!!!

Nowhere did I say everyone should be happy. This is a major change and will be challenging for some players. However, increasing server populations is in the best interests of the player base as a whole (if not for individuals opposed), and it is something a great many people, who cannot find folks to group or do battle with, have been asking for.
We will do all we can to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Kitwyn

Yes, all players should be treated equally. Poll the accounts as to what type of server they wish to be on and let rng sort it out.

Ishmila
pretty sure i was the one taking the packs not you. i don't run haulers or packs if i did i'd do it by car not something slow that can be 2 shot.

you dont even know me lol. 4k gear score and 5k5k defenses , and ur talking like u know something... please stop looking stupid.

Sarat00ga
06-01-2015, 05:45 PM

What about those of us who have been here since alpha...and paid for every damn piece of land (from the land hackers cuz of course normal people cant beat em)... How YOU going to compensate me for all that gold???

Also Hellswamp land or Gwenoid land is worth a hell of a lot more than Lily or Dewstone land.... How the hell is that going to work?

SSDD

Hello all!

~ The ArcheAge Team

Tahyang

Wait isn't this game already free to play? These are the same lines Swtor and recently WildStar used when they went from Subscription to free to play. Seeing as AA is already free to play, I foresee loads of people quitting or the game just up and fails here in a couple more months. Good job Trion and continue failing. c:

Addictar
I got a feeling quitting will be far less painful than sticking around to see my server go down.

TrionBrasse
Across 3 Accounts, My Wife, Mine, and My Brothers, We have 11 Golden Tear Drop Chests and 2 Dimensional Chest. Most of which are bursting. Yes im a pack rat and thats my play style. How in the world does Trion plan to migrate all that?

Yep, I am a card-carrying pack rat too. From the FAQ:

Hanthos
Really?!?!

Yes, it does mean everyone on an affected server will lose their land. This isn't EQ2!

People worked extremely hard for the land plots they have. Land rushes are the most aggravating experience in ArcheAge. For some, the pain involved in doing it again may just be the final push to move on. I'm sure that continuing to trivialize their concerns will only make that process easier...

Animaester
06-01-2015, 05:46 PM

More details? That already answers the question. Disappointment.

tyranika
06-01-2015, 05:46 PM
You better fix your game before merging servers. Janudar is empty and sometimes boring, but at least there's no bots, no castle exploits, no honor exploit, etc. Which means we're actually having fun when we have enough ppl.

Sarat00ga
06-01-2015, 05:47 PM
i play on inoch if we get merged and i lose my land, i know this goes to say for a ton of others but i'm out of here i've had my land in falcorth since launch i'm not going to keep playing if i lose it due to a stupid merge that no one wants.

Inoch here too.. Ive visited some of the Euro servers....many of those are Ghost Towns... Inoch does NOT seem like it is a Ghost Town... so WHY the hell are you messing with us?

Zegend
06-01-2015, 05:48 PM
so for all the people who already got up at 3 am to get a peace of land? Who gives a crap about u because you've been here for ages. good one.

SSDD
06-01-2015, 05:49 PM
More details? That already answers the question. Disappointment.
T.T

SkullMonkey
06-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Curious how a land rush is a good thing, for those of us who work 45+hrs a week and won't be home when this land rush happens? Thats why it took some of us 6+ months to bust our ♥♥♥ to earn gold to buy the land we have.
^^^ This is a very important question. How do you plan to do this?

should there be a universal placement limit? I.E. you're allowed to place a max of 3-6 properties at once?

Kaleya
Nowhere did I say everyone should be happy. This is a major change and will be challenging for some players. However, increasing server populations is in the best interests of the player base as a whole (if not for individuals opposed), and it is something a great many people, who cannot find folks to group or do battle with, have been asking for.

And transfers would achieve that goal without pissing off anyone yet you insist this is the only solution.

SSDD
Hey!

How about you ungrateful scums see the bigger picture here?
You get to move to a more populated server which will provide alot more fun things for you.

You should be thanking Trion that they are doing some great and needed things for this game.

If you care so much about your Farms and lands, maybe you should consider Farmville instead?

you're kidding or trolling, which is it? =/

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Hey!

You get to move to a more populated server which will provide alot more fun things for you.

You should be thanking Trion that they are doing some great and needed things for this game.

If you care so much about your Farms and lands, maybe you should consider Farmville instead?

Hey how about you don't assume everyone wants a crowded server. TRANSFERS WOULD SOLVE YOUR ISSUES.

Posaune
Hate pretty much everything about this proposal!

Playing right into the hands of hackers and exploiters.

Leave Inoch out of this!

Shalille

This is an interesting aspect, it could work, but only IF there are measures takes to ensure that it takes adequate time to build existing structures.

In previous new server launches, ppl used the common auction house to transfer multiple housing deeds, and enabled themselves to place 20+ cottages.

You would need to ensure that there is no methods available for exploiters to rapidly overcome the 2 unbuilt property limits. The diamond shores launch showed just how easily this was overcome....On my server I have seen a single player with 10+ 24 x plots in diamond shores.... a total mockery of your 2 unbuilt property limit.

If it can be exploited...it will be exploited...you need to be aware of this.

A single lumber pack was enough to fully build a 24x gazebo, enabling the user to claim even more 24x space....

###

You should consider freezing all construction for the duration of the land rush, so ppl can place what they are allocated, and no more, no more cheating the system by rapidly constructing 24x plots with a single lumber pack.....

NZ1
06-01-2015, 05:52 PM
like most i started at launch on one of the servers thats not on the ♥♥♥♥ list but since launch was a total failure i was willing to bend and reroll on a new server to help balance things out.

now here we are youre about to shut my server down and screw me over again

get bent trion, you suck

Sarat00ga

I am also a $150 sucker.... and this poster's questions are spot on

DriveByViktum
Hey!

I think you're missing the point. You're in your PVP world and not looking at the more broad picture. Evey time there's a post like this , some PVP only person comes into the thread with " go play Farmville, scrub"...

You think those pots you drink in 5v5 just materialize out of thin air? Think the mats to make that armor you got on or that weapon grow on trees??

Wait, sometimes they DO.. and It's my job to make sure that you have those mats and items.

Go play CS:GO or something.

Zegend
We will do all we can to make the transition as smooth as possible. Then why not make it optional for those who feel that way to move to your new server and leave the rest of us alone.

NWILLI27
06-01-2015, 05:53 PM
I would only be ok with server merge if I receive my mates back for building my previous land. The farm house ask for a lot of mats and I would feel it is unfair to force me to move to another server and not receive my mats I had to make my house or farm. I know there will be a land grab but I wouldn't think its so bad as long as I get these back.

SSDD
06-01-2015, 05:53 PM

Go ahead and stick those false promises up that ♥♥♥ of yours. You come on the forums and spew all this BS and say it's for the better, but in the long run you're screwing over your customers, and you think it's a "great" idea. Well I'm telling you now, along with quite a few others, it's not that great. If you do decide to go through with it, and steal our land/farms, you already know you'll be loosing out on more sub #s.

Cynara
06-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Really?!?!

Yes, it does mean everyone on an affected server will lose their land. This isn't EQ2!

People worked extremely hard for the land plots they have. Land rushes are the most aggravating experience in ArcheAge. For some, the pain involved in doing it again may just be the final push to move on. I'm sure that continuing to trivialize their concerns will only make that process easier...

No because EQ2 had instances... harder to lose an instance to someone else.

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 05:54 PM
thank god

Here is an idea for developers, put 1 hour delay on land placement, or 5 hours, give those an option that cant log in immediately. therefor people cant solo swoop an entire area ! I think this is more then fair.

A worthy suggestion. However, there are folks here that are heavily invested with multiple patron accounts that want to place their plots close together and immediately. Finding the balance here will be challenging.

Kjkidman
06-01-2015, 05:55 PM
The reason i joined a lower pop server compared to something like ollo (enla) was to have land higher pop = me with less land and unhappy. I'm just a potato farmer who has land that i have invested my time to make the money to buy the land that i own. I like my server you go muck it up with merging me with somewhere i don't want to go you wont find me on this game anymore.

Mozam
If the population is slowly growing as the FAQ claims, why is this even necessary? Couldn't you employ a less harsh mechanism that funnels that growth toward the low pop servers?

Ishmila
an idea for chests in houses. Once server goes down, each chest is made into an individual item with all items inside that can be placed. then when u get property against, you place the chest full of items into the house and all items inside.

Lanthrudar
06-01-2015, 05:56 PM

You must be new to this job and game because some of us have been playing AA for over a year and spent $150+ for that access of "choice spots".

Those who "came later" pretty much can find land almost anywhere. They may not get the "choice spots" but thems the breaks when you don't get in on something on the ground floor.

I'm not on one of the potentially affected servers (yet), but if I were I'd be doing a charge back for every cent I had spent. I can bet that if you number crunch you have many more real dollars going into the game from those who are patrons and just do the 'peaceful things', than those who are so worried about how many they can purple up on and otherwise grief.

Dirtyredz
A worthy suggestion. However, there are folks here that are heavily invested with multiple patron accounts that want to place their plots close together and immediately. Finding the balance here will be challenging.

Yeah this wouldn't work for players like myself who have MULTIPLE plots across MULTIPLE accounts, (Speaking of my family's Accounts)

SSDD
If the population is slowly growing as the FAQ claims, why is this even necessary? Couldn't you employ a less harsh mechanism that funnels that growth toward the low pop servers?

This is the cheaper and easier method for them. Plus it'll earn them more cash in their pockets once it's done and over with. At least that's what they believe at the moment. =/

catzilla
06-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Trion has gone and lost there minds,i demand to know how many players play on INOCH server,it most definitely isn't low pop????
Yall want us to remotely understand the thought of this,then I think TRION should release the total number of patron accounts per server?
Help us understand you Trion

mysticwolf
06-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Two ideas for related issues:

1) Idea for items in chests. Create a new NPC that has something akin to the current warehouse. Create it with an unlimited number of slots (or a max number that refills itself as items are removed). All items, including bound items, go to this person for retrieval, based on who owns that chest.

2) Idea for landrush. For the first 24 hours, only allow people to ONLY put down plans for housing that is getting migrated. You could place a farm you own, but you cannot buy a house in the AH and drop it until this period expires. This would ensure that people are only taking what they've brought from another server, rather than getting in the game 10 minutes before everyone else and dropping 6 thatched houses in one area.

Aros
06-01-2015, 05:58 PM
All I see here is the same people going Ham on the forum becuase loosing some hoarded Land.

After you move and realise you will have 10 times as much fun you wount even remember your old server.

Wake up and see the bigger Picture and be grateful about what Trion Does.

maiyah
Isn't the manpower to develop all the ways to merge us pretty pricy? Maybe if instead that manpower went to fixing hacking and cheating we'd have a bigger population naturally?

Kaleya
Serious question. I would like to know why you think its fair to punish those of us who rerolled on the servers you are now closing at your companies urging.

Everyday I logged into my high pop server where I had no land and every time I logged in I was greeted with big green letters telling me to go roll on Calliel, Lucius etc if I wanted some land. So I took your advice and I did what you said and I talked all of my friends into coming with me, some of them had even reached level 50. We left behind our headstart items and our gear and our characters and we rerolled like you suggested and we managed to find a few spots on Calliel. None of them were together of course. They were scattered all over the place because even the new servers were mostly filled. Finally now after 9 months we have managed to gather all our spots into one place in gweonid and you are saying to us Tough ♥♥♥♥, thats what you get for listening to our advice. Thanks...

Baddiez
06-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Sources? Please do enlighten me because 9/10 of the people I have spoken to are not jumping for joy over this "evolution"

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:00 PM
All I see here is the same people going Ham on the forum becuase loosing some hoarded Land.

After you move and realise you will have 10 times as much fun you wount even remember your old server.

No thank you troll. :c

Lanthrudar
06-01-2015, 06:00 PM

So whats stopping you, as an individual, from rolling on another server? Thats what those who complain about low pop's don't get. You want more people around you? REROLL on a server as an individual player or guild. People do it all the time.

Sarat00ga
06-01-2015, 06:02 PM
What we see is a group of very engaged, invested, passionate players voicing their concerns. The people without concerns are not posting here, because they do not have concerns.

You just posted this thread...and it already has 19 pages... and that is because only a few people have even heard about this yet.... this is another Hurricane headed toward Trion HQ :(

Kitwyn

why do you get to define what is fun for me?

Terelor
How about a tax holiday for us on low pop servers until the evolution? Otherwise everyone is going to leave now.

DjinniGenie
06-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I've been heartsick about this since Khrolan dropped the bomb in the livestream and now everything is confirmed. My spending isn't that of a 'whale', but I have still spent more on this game in less than a year than I have on any other game I have played. It brought me great enjoyment for months, but the disappointment and sadness that the past week has brought has more than cancelled out any of that pleasure.

I feel kicked in the teeth. Nothing about this is reassuring. Nothing about it is exciting to me. I'm not a PVPer. I don't care about arena or things like that. That's not why I play. Right now, all the joy has been sucked out of everything. I'm going to miss my Calleil community and our guild land and my home.

It won't ever be the same again and you telling us that is is a good thing isn't going to help. I feel like the gov't has come to say they're demolishing my generations-owned family farm, so they can put in a new superhighway that will benefit everyone.

Everyone except ME.

Animaester
06-01-2015, 06:03 PM

Individuals that are opposed to the merge? 99% of the people posting in this thread are against merging.

And yes, I call it a merge because that's basically what it is.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I've been heartsick about this since Khrolan dropped the bomb in the livestream and now everything is confirmed. My spending isn't that of a 'whale', but I have still spent more on this game in less than a year than I have on any other game I have played. It brought me great enjoyment for months, but the disappointment and sadness that the past week has brought has more than cancelled out any of that pleasure.

I feel kicked in the teeth. Nothing about this is reassuring. Nothing about it is exciting to me. I'm not a PVPer. I don't care about arena or things like that. That's not why I play. Right now, all the joy has been sucked out of everything. I'm going to miss my Calleil community and our guild land and my home.

It won't ever be the same again and you telling us that is is a good thing isn't going to help. I feel like the gov't has come to say they're demolishing my generations-owned family farm, so they can put in a new superhighway that will benefit everyone.

Everyone except ME.

I'm right there with you :(

Dirtyredz
06-01-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm right there with you :(

Same!!!

Tunez
How many other people already deleted AA from their computer :) ?

Laearra

Everyone except ME.

seconded

TehOuchies
06-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Do you know what sand box gaming is? Look it up.

Fun is perspective, and that 'hoarded' land is a something I greatly enjoy(ed) in the game.

Why should I be forced, in a sandbox, to play by your rules?

You want a higher population, then you can delete your own stuff (willingly) and create on a high population server.

MinervaBlitz
06-01-2015, 06:06 PM

I probably will within the week.

Yoru
06-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Everyone except ME.

This

SkullMonkey
06-01-2015, 06:07 PM

^^^ This Trion is the far better solution.

Here is a pretty solid process to do character transfers that would not only make players happy but also make you guys money AND Accomplish server evolution at the same time:

1) Start by offering Transfers for $20 per character transfer.

2) Characters can be transferred only once a month.

3) Carefully watch and evaluate server populations over a 2-3 month period and at the end of 3 months select the 2 lowest population servers for elimination.

4) Once you select the 2 lowest population servers offer each player on that server a compensation package of:

free server transfers for all characters on that server and
1000 gold, 500 gilda, 3000 credits and some other compensation items (lucky points, worker pots and/or regrade scrolls) per character over level 50 to transfer off those 2 servers to another server.

5) Wait another 6 months and re-evaluate player population. If there is a server who's population is on the verge, offer players an incentive package to move to that server via credits or free game time.

6) repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 as needed to maintain proper player population.

BUMP THIS POST IF YOU AGREE!

CalliCat
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM

I'm not at that point yet but I feel it looming in the distance and getting closer as I read the replies from the pr department.

Discoteka
Brasse -

I have an honest suggestion I would like you to bring to the table.

You are all saying that this is what the players want, correct? Well, Most of what *I* have seen on the forums is a small percentage yes, and an overwhelming percentage no.

For the good of your company and hopefully the longevity of the game, conduct an honest survey.

Send out an email to active accounts (ALL, not just patron). You can set the parameters, but I was thinking somewhere in the line of logging in at least once in the past 2 weeks. Ask them a variety of questions. Those are up to you, but they should revolve around:

Do you own land?

Do you want a server merger?

Are you willing to transfer off your server?

If mergers take place, will you continue to play the game?

Compile the RAW data. Not just what is going on on forums. PLEASE. Instead of using what a small percentage of players are saying, get a FULL picture of your playerbase.

Calanthir

What makes you think there are only "individuals" opposed? Maybe those that favoured server MERGERS instead of server TRANSFERS were actually less people than those that will now unsubscribe or leave the game completely.
Maybe those "individuals" asking for server mergers already some weeks after release have already left the game for good never to come back.
You really should have considered a representative poll before forging out those merger plans. What you are stating here as a fact is nothing but speculation. And I am sorry to say that it leaves a taste of utterly incompetence. *insert silly smiley here*

CalliCat
06-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Here is a pretty solid process to do character transfers that would not only make players happy but also make you guys money AND Accomplish server evolution at the same time:

3) Carefully watch and evaluate server populations over a 2-3 month period and at the end of 3 months select the 2 lowest population servers for elimination.

4) Once you select the 2 lowest population servers offer each player on that server a compensation package of:

1000 gold, 500 gilda, 3000 credits and some other compensation items (lucky points, worker pots and/or regrade scrolls) per character to transfer off those 2 servers to another server.

5) Wait another 6 months and re-evaluate player population. If there is a server who's population is on the verge, offer players an incentive package to move to that server via credits or free game time.

Why charge for transfers, let people transfer for free. Let people who like their servers stay.

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Everyone except ME.

^This!
So many others already agreeing too.

TrionBrasse

I love my own modest landholdings. My best hours are spent there, decorating, farming, relaxing, chatting with people. I have also invested much time and not an insignificant amount of cash. Land ownership is an integral part of ArcheAge, and without a doubt, THE most challenging aspect of the changes coming up.

I don't recall using the terms "carebear" or "Farmville 3d."
There is no doubt, however, going by the empty but claimed lots that one encounters while searching for plots, that there are indeed speculators (the aforementioned land barons and slumlords) who are just holding land to no purpose. Profit, I suppose, and there is a strong case to be made for the metagame that is real estate speculation in ArcheAge, so I shouldn't disparage them.

We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)#

Dirtyredz
^^^ this trion is the far better solution.

here is a pretty solid process to do character transfers that would not only make players happy but also make you guys money and accomplish server evolution at the same time:

1) start by offering transfers for $20 per character transfer.

2) characters can be transferred only once a month.

3) carefully watch and evaluate server populations over a 2-3 month period and at the end of 3 months select the 2 lowest population servers for elimination.

4) once you select the 2 lowest population servers offer each player on that server a compensation package of:

1000 gold, 500 gilda, 3000 credits and some other compensation items (lucky points, worker pots and/or regrade scrolls) per character over level 50 to transfer off those 2 servers to another server.

5) wait another 6 months and re-evaluate player population. If there is a server who's population is on the verge, offer players an incentive package to move to that server via credits or free game time.

bump this post if you agree!

this

Tunez
06-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I think Trion just wanted to find a reason of getting rid of AA and this is how they chose to do it :D

nooneistherestill
Took me a long time to get my land.I payed for headstart and kept getting DC'd from the long que's and put at the back of the line,never did manage to get into headstart at all.
Rolled on one of the new servers when they came out and still took forever to even get my 8x8 placed.Land hackers and exploiters had a lot of it.

The greifers drove a lot away but didn't wanna reroll and lose their gear to go to a more populated server for the pvp they claim to want so badly.

Auroria launch was a big Cluster^$%# for half the playerbase that couldn't even log in,when they finally could get in all land was gone ,but Trion was HAPPY it was a "GREAT SUCCESS" those are their words.

Not only do you get greifed by other players now ,but now Trion is gonna greif you.Cause I don't even see this going through without major problem anyways Their track record already shows that .but you will get a nice "we'll try to do better in the future" post from em.And that's all your gonna get.

unsubbing now ,not even gonna watch the trainwreck,taking my money elsewhere,and warning my friends away.

Enjoy GREIF Age

DataDog

This is great, but I don't think Trion is willing to take the time and effort to do this on behalf of their playerbase.

Robeus
06-01-2015, 06:12 PM
I love my own modest landholdings. My best hours are spent there, decorating, farming, relaxing, chatting with people. I have also invested much time and not an insignificant amount of cash. Land ownership is an integral part of ArcheAge, and without a doubt, THE most challenging aspect of the changes coming up.

There is no doubt, however, going by the empty but claimed lots that one encounters while searching for plots, that there are indeed speculators (the aforementioned land barons and slumlords) who are just holding land to no purpose. Profit, I suppose, and there is a strong case to be made for the metagame that is real estate speculation in ArcheAge, so I shouldn't disparage them.

We do have to address low population servers. There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)#

There are PLENTY of perfect solutions, but you just wont listen to them. Come on, get your head out of your Brasse and listen to us for once

notTalon
06-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Just unsubbed. I'll protest with my wallet.

Discoteka
06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Come on, get your head out of your Brasse

OMG thank you for the LOLZ. I needed some tonight.

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:14 PM

;-)#

Hmm I think you're wrong. This thread was made by you and your higher ups to "tell us" what you plan on doing in the future. You've made it clear we don't have choice nor an opinion on the matter. So again you're here telling us what's to come, and we're here telling you we don't like it. So now what?

Yoru
There are PLENTY of perfect solutions, but you just wont listen to them. Come on, get your head out of your Brasse and listen to us for once

#GetYourHeadOutOfYourBrasse

It's a thing now xD

Discoteka

It's a thing now xD

Make it trend.

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Brasse -

You are all saying that this is what the players want, correct? Well, Most of what *I* have seen on the forums is a small percentage yes, and an overwhelming percentage no.

For the good of your company and hopefully the longevity of the game, conduct an honest survey.

Send out an email to active accounts (ALL, not just patron). You can set the parameters, but I was thinking somewhere in the line of logging in at least once in the past 2 weeks. Ask them a variety of questions. Those are up to you, but they should revolve around:

Do you own land?

Compile the RAW data. Not just what is going on on forums. PLEASE. Instead of using what a small percentage of players are saying, get a FULL picture of your playerbase.

This is an excellent suggestion.

SSDD
This is great, but I don't think Trion is willing to take the time and effort to do this on behalf of their playerbase.

Exactly that, seeing as TrionBrasse just said "voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it"

Addictar

;-)#

Don't you guys have some kind of good back-up plan? I mean korea was first and they have been thru the same ♥♥♥♥ so wouldn't there be a better plan than merge?

SkullMonkey
Why charge for transfers, let people transfer for free. Let people who like their servers stay.

Because as a business it gives them an inscentive for them to listen to us instead of doing these forced merges. Also it's how many other very successful MMO companies have done it. Namely World or Warcraft. They charge $25 per server transfer and it has helped them avoid forced server merges for the most part. Its a very solid and proven business model that works out for both the player and the producer.

Dirtyredz

;-)#

Some how I dont believe you when you say you've spent money and time with your land and that your just WILLING to say ♥♥♥♥ it and move to a new server. Second " (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it)" THIS is a LOAD OF BS!! Many players here alone have said they would prefer and gave suggestion toserver transfers that have been used in the past by other mmos to balance there servers.

TrionBrasse
The number of players that move can be controlled by your enticement to do so.

Just like resolving an overbooked airline, you start with an offer.. and you get so many takers.
If you don't get enough, the offer goes up.

Since the offers are all virtual items, there's no real cost to doing this... whereas doing it with a stick has a real cost for each account that QQ's.

It is on my list of collected suggestions. It seems difficult to come up with incentives that are not viewed as "OP" or "too good" by people who are not transferring. I cannot imagine a reward that is so astonishingly attractive that it will lead to server balance... but it will be discussed, that I can promise. =)

Gentatsu
06-01-2015, 06:16 PM

;-)#

@Brass, Just as an FYI.. I am NOT in archeage to pvp or get forced into constant pvp. Im here with my paid sub because i love the crafting aspec, the land and housing espect and the ships, ie Fishing.

Larcen
There is no perfect solution (and voluntary transfers from high-pop servers won't do it), but this thread is here to answer questions and find out what we can do to ameliorate the process.
;-)#

So answer my previous question..

Yoru
Make it trend.

Put it in your sig ;)

Bunnyleptic
Really?!?!

This pretty much.

I own a tatched farmhouse, a gazebo and 2 16x16 farms,, my boyfriend owns a tatched farmhouse, a 16x16 farm and a 8x8.

We have our land all near eachother because we mostly play together and also farm together. We worked our ♥♥♥ off to achieve all this land and getting everything near or next to eachother was difficult. If I am forced to have a landrush again, we won't be able to achieve anything we have now, it will be just as same as Headstart which gave us cancer.

Both me and my boyfriend will be leaving game if this stupid "Evolution" of server merging happens.

Most of us didn't ask for Server Merges, and yet here you are forcing us to do this all over again, not even respecting your customers hard work..

Here is a picture of our land:

http://i58.tinypic.com/1zh1cb7.jpg

Killroth
06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
love my land now but looking forward to a fresh start :)

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
So answer my previous question..

this guy knows what's up! :D

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 06:18 PM

PLEASE RESPOND!

It is also on my list of questions posed to Development. Based on what I know of the game code (admittedly little), it may simply be something that cannot be achieved without an immense overhaul to the game code. Instancing (channels) has been widely used by many MMOGs to very good effect, but is one of those things that is extremely difficult to retrofit. The question WILL be asked, and answered. =)

Baddiez

SkullMonkey
Quote Originally Posted by Discoteka View Post
Brasse -

Do you own land?

This is another very valuable suggestion.

Instead of DECIDING FOR US what to do. Why don't you do a survey of the community to get and accurate assessment of what we actually want?

Animaester
06-01-2015, 06:19 PM

So you want a land rush so that there are NEW land barons and slumlords? Do you honestly think that won't happen?

Some sort of plan so that people can set 1 property a day?

People have waited patiently to claim land that they've always wanted, and you want them to do that again? Rather than waiting again, most would probably leave AA.

tyranika
06-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh and btw this "evolution" is nothing else than what happened in Korea. Why don't you take your time, think about something better, and ask XL to develop it ?

Discoteka
06-01-2015, 06:20 PM
put it in your sig ;)

done.

Nerrivik

Everyone except ME.

Quoted for truth ! :(

Tunez
How is making most of the people who play this game quit gonna help with server pops... Just wondering...

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Quoted for truth ! :(

<3

Furball the Second
Will Trion employees who are merged be on the exact same footing as others, or will they get in ahead to claim land / port right to spots / ...? If not the same, then you cannot legitimately say you know how we feel.

Robeus
It is also on my list of questions posed to Development. Based on what I know of the game code (admittedly little), it may simply be something that cannot be achieved without an immense overhaul to the game code. Instancing (channels) has been widely used by many MMOGs to very good effect, but is one of those things that is extremely difficult to retrofit. The question WILL be asked, and answered. =)

An overhaul of the game code will surely be better than losing ALOT of players due to this merger. surely more money and happier players is better than less money and even less players than you have now

Aros
06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
This pretty much.

I own a tatched farmhouse, a gazebo and 2 16x16 farms,, my boyfriend owns a tatched farmhouse, a 16x16 farm and a 8x8.

We have our land all near eachother because we mostly play together and also farm together. We worked our ♥♥♥ off to achieve all this land and getting everything near or next to eachother was difficult. If I am forced to have a landrush again, we won't be able to achieve anything we have now, it will be just as same as Headstart which gave us cancer.

Both me and my boyfriend will be leaving game if this stupid "Evolution" of server merging happens.

Most of us didn't ask for Server Merges, and yet here you are forcing us to do this all over again, not even respecting your customers hard work

wow Moksha, wow.

You are on Eanna. You wount even get affected.

This is exactly what is happening; all farmville carebears uniting in fear that they will loose their precious land and starting to panic and crying wolf all over the forum.

Instead of seeing the possibilities for new game-play and the great stream of returning players that will once again be playing the game.

archeagegamer
06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I like my server community (innoch).

I like the land we slowly build out over the last many months as a guild, and if this goes thru based on current sentiment I don't think you will keep many of us as customers.

How about actually asking those that would have a stake in a server merge if they are interesting in it (land holders), email survey, web survey or even an ingame questionnaire.

I can tell you that if you do, it will be a small fraction of the population that would actually want this.

Baddiez
06-01-2015, 06:23 PM
wow Moksha, wow.

This is exactly what is happening; all farmville carebears uniting in fear that they will loose their precious land and starting to panic and crying wolf all over the forum.

Instead of seeing the possibilities for new game-play and the great stream of returning players that will once again be playing the game.

What you fail to realize is this "new gameplay" that is directly related to "population" is probably mainly "pvp" content which said carebears do not wish to partake in. Indeed the game has a large pvp focus but that is not why "most" (as far as I know) play it.

Nerrivik
06-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Brasse -

Do you own land?

I support this - as long as the results are made public !

Discoteka
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Lots of folks from Inoch voicing their anti-merge opinions

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
wow Moksha, wow.

Please stop with your troll comments. :c

TrionBrasse
06-01-2015, 06:25 PM
If you don't want more people quitting the game such that the combined server has a similar or less population than a single server before you need to put a restriction on who can claim land during the opening day or two of the server.

So a set of conditions would be like

1. Only players who previously held land for more than X amount of days are able to claim land to start with. Make absolutely sure that the date is long enough such that people can't mass create alts to claim land to exploit the system.
2. Players can only claim properties equal to their owned properties before the merge divided by 2 for example. So someone who has more properties can put more down to start with.
3. After the first day let the players who had land claim more plots if they desire.
4. After two days or more have passed then just completely open up all land again.
5. All players who previously held land but could no longer place a plot after this period should then be compensated for their losses.

A worthy set of considerations, passing it on for discussion. These conditions might be difficult to encode, but they will be reviewed. We are looking at MANY different paths to ease the transition. I thank you for your contribution. =)

Yoru

Of course because we're a mid population server not a low one. Honestly though, even if they decide not to merge us I'll complain on the behalf of anyone losing their land!

krackers
Sweet take all ive worked for for the ast 6 months

Nomi
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM

I will disagree, as early as it is in the discussion stage, I believe it is in the best interest for paying customers to stop providing Trion Worlds with money. Maybe then and only then, will your company understand just how much you are pissing on the MAJORITY of your player base.

1. This is a merger plain and simple, don't spin it any other way.
2. Land rush IS NOT FUN and it is not fair to your faithful customers who put up with release and Nov. 4th patch.
3. No compensation will be enough to cover what you are purposing to force upon your player base.

Trixologist
;-)#

So is the goal here to have every server become as empty and echo filled as the servers you keep mentioning?
My server is on that list and is not like that.

The people you are uprooting are the same people that went of their own accord specifically to those servers at launch because of all of the queuing problems that came with game launch...of highly populated servers. These people have already proven that they DO NOT want to be on those servers.

Land is empty because TRION messed up - severely, numerous times. Short sighted decisions and horrible situational management have lead people to leave.
Apparently that lesson has not been learned because here we go again.

Plus, it almost seems like you think moving is a gift, there is no mention of what you will be doing to attempt to compensate for this action.

Sarat00ga

+1

SSDD
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
A worthy set of considerations, passing it on for discussion. These conditions might be difficult to encode, but they will be reviewed. We are looking at MANY different paths to ease the transition. I thank you for your contribution. =)

So really there isn't a point in continuing this thread, seeing as you guys at Trion have already made up your minds. GG and F U guys!

Kaleya
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I will disagree, as early as it is in the discussion stage, I believe it is in the best interest for paying customers to stop providing Trion Worlds with money. Maybe then and only then, will your company understand just how much you are pissing on the MAJORITY of your player base.

Agreed 100%

TranceFox
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Here's my advice:

Implement FAIR land ownership limits before doing any new land rush:

For example:

1 x 24x plots per account
2 x 16x plots
1 x 8x plots.

Force these limits for the duration of the new landgrab. This ensures everyone gets a reasonable amount of land.

Um no. I paid $150.00 for headstart FOR land. I don't sit with unbuilt properties, I make 147 aged cheese larders every 3 days and sell them.