PDA

View Full Version : A Brighter Age was Brilliant! (CBE2 Starts 7/30)

Scapes
07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Beta_Announcement_blog_header.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/07/a-brighter-age-was-brilliant)

We’d like to say thanks for helping make our first ArcheAge Closed Beta Event, A Brighter Age (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/07/archeage-closed-beta-starts-july-17/), a great success!

This was an important test. It was the first time our launch hardware and networks were load tested with real people, the first test for the new backend software integration present in our version of ArcheAge, the first load test for the store, and the first clean test of some of the gameplay westernizations in ArcheAge.

We’d like to share as many details with you as we can about what we were testing and how it all went.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/07/a-brighter-age-was-brilliant)

3bit
07-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Please order at the event, players from the eu have not been so rudely treated, and the keys were not available for stochach at 2 am

Imrielle
07-23-2014, 10:25 AM
"with real people"

I had to laugh. Are the alpha players not real people? Robots?!? xD Sorry.

That said, CBT1 was mainly a blast. :) I enjoyed myself immensely.

Raikus
07-23-2014, 10:26 AM
After playing archeage for the first beta, it is going to be a hard time for me if I don't manage a key or an invite.You know as a student, money is always a problem hahahaha.

Anyway hope to be lucky again and get a key, great job with the game and lets hope the launch isn't that far aways because its perfectly playable.

Good luck and peace!

HolyAvengerOne
07-23-2014, 10:28 AM
"with real people"

They also said "our launch hardware and networks". I think they did say at some point that Alpha was not on the ame hardware as launch.

HolyAvengerOne
07-23-2014, 10:29 AM
We expect it to be around three times as big as the first Closed Beta Event. We’ll have more invites for those of you who have signed up on the official ArcheAge website, and more giveaway keys than before.

Thanks for the info, Scapes. Does that mean a spot in CBT2 is pretty much guaranteed to players who were in CBT1?

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Oh dear its going to get crazy around here again. They said more of we want in the store, that must be costumes. if not, riot!

The automated spam filter seemed to work pretty well actually during the event, congratz!

BinaryRun
07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Archeum availability changes? Does this mean that the package may be removed soon? :o

Toran29
07-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Woo-hoo!!! Can't wait for round 2!

Merlin Emrys
07-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info, Scapes. Does that mean a spot in CBT2 is pretty much guaranteed to players who were in CBT1?

i would also like to know this

Southernstar71
07-23-2014, 10:34 AM
At least we know how long we have to wait. Wish it was quicker, but I do appreciate KNOWING. Info from you guys is very important to have.

When will Patch Notes go up? Will it be a small patch or a new full download?

Ketec
Does the 3x more people mean that current beta players don't need a new key - or they still need ot get lucky on the laggy giveaways for us timezone that vanish in minutes?

Also will it be another f2p "test" - without major changes, i lost interest playing as f2p and cant go patron until it actually releases(founder is too expensive for me).

soultaker
Do we have to re download the whole game ? please i need to know.

Drunkngod
07-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Scapes...

Any idea when we might be able to start testing the APEX system?

Mangix
07-23-2014, 10:36 AM

why on earth...
no...

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 10:40 AM
AA peeps, sorry for being a jerk on some of my post and thank u so much for listening/reading to our cries. indeed you do more actions and less words. kudos to you guys/gals at AA.

Gonna upgrade my founder tomorrow before we leave for dubai, btw i would like to know a few things...

1: If i upgrade my founder to archeum, will i be able to play on the so called alpha server?

2: will i get the remaining crystals that archeum pack gives? i wish i can coz i wanna try some stuff on item mall...

3: alpha and cbt server SHARES the account crystals right? so if i use 11.5K in alpha then i wont have anything left on both alpha and cbt server?

4: do i need to download another client after upgrading to archeum pack?

gonna post a printscreen tomorrow...so excited! Thanks everyone! looking forward for that LP fix lolz

gradius
07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
First off, thanks for all the details! I love seeing some tech side of games that I'm enjoying :)

Grats on passing your first live load on the new servers!

"with real people"

The dev/ops team likely means that they were using a new server farm that was separate from the one they're running alpha on. What this means is that they were likely running load tests with "dummy clients" connecting to the game servers, to ensure that they can handle the load.

For example, when my company gets ready to launch a new region/server farm, we often use thousands of dummy clients that generate the same amount of traffic and load that a normal player would. This usually lets us know that we can handle a specific number of players before we see problems. Sometimes real clients create different situations than load test clients, so this is an important distinction!

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
why on earth...
no...

The reason this is asked is because we've had to redownload the full game a couple times in the past two weeks. Each time was a full download. So hopefully not this time because my service provider has warned me that I only have 30gb left for this month....

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Actually, CBE1 invites do not grant future event access. However, we're greatly increasing the number of random-selected invites with this event.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Scapes...

Really good question, not sure offhand. Will ask.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Archeum availability changes? Does this mean that the package may be removed soon? :o

The Archeum Founder's Pack is still in stock at the moment.

Papakoko
07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Wonder if the credits can be refunded in between beta sessions so we can test out changes and such.. If not its no big deal..

Another question if someone actually buys credits will those credits also be added to the launch refund pool. mean I have 11k+ credits from my Alpha purchase.. If I spend extra money for more credits will they be added to my refunded credit total for launch ??

TY for your time.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
When will Patch Notes go up? Will it be a small patch or a new full download?

Early next week at the moment. Patching from CBE1 to CBE2 will NOT require a full client redownload.

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 10:47 AM
would like to know a few things...

1: Yes

2: Yes, but you may need to reach out to live support if you don't get them automatically.

3: Yes

4: No you can copy the beta client into the alpha folder. there are instructions on the forums

here ya go

Mangix
07-23-2014, 10:48 AM
The reason this is asked is because we've had to redownload the full game a couple times in the past two weeks. Each time was a full download. So hopefully not this time because my service provider has warned me that I only have 30gb left for this month....

#canada

amirite

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Scapes, I need to buy some more credits If I want to buy stuff added to the story during the next update...plans for us to be able to buy more credits yet?

#canada

amirite
Nope, US. First time I've ever gotten the warning.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Wonder if the credits can be refunded in between beta sessions so we can test out changes and such.. If not its no big deal..

Another question if someone actually buys credits will those credits also be added to the launch refund pool. mean I have 11k+ credits from my Alpha purchase.. If I spend extra money for more credits will they be added to my refunded credit total for launch ??

TY for your time.

No plans to reissue original Credit grants at this time. We'll have more details on purchasing Credits during Beta this week.

ShoXeRr
Well, i hope you guys will do the best for this game to keep it balance and like it say "Free To Play" so yea.. ( and just dont ruin it by or if is there "Pay to Win" ) good luck!

Scapes

Negative! This time it will just be a patch between CBE1 and CBE2.

Theonn
07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
do we get patchnotes for CBE2? are they rolled into alfa sometime before CBE2?

Scapes
Scapes, I need to buy some more credits If I want to buy stuff added to the story during the next update...plans for us to be able to buy more credits yet?

We'll have more on this topic this week.

Scapes
do we get patchnotes for CBE2? are they rolled into alfa sometime before CBE2?

Yes and yes. And I have an updated window for them of later this week.

Grossberger
Will the larger Breezy bungalow be added in CBE2? while I was in mirage island, I noticed that there was two types of Breezy Bungalow....1 had a hole in the lower floor, the other was a little larger without the hole in it's floor......this larger bungalow is what I'm looking for, but I was unable to see the miniaturized version to buy it.

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 10:51 AM
We'll have more on this topic this week.

Thanks, that's good news.

Preacher
No plans to reissue original Credit grants at this time. We'll have more details on purchasing Credits during Beta this week.

Scapes, one important question, sorry if it was already answered elsewhere. Will Patron subscribtion ingame be bought for credits like in RU AA (i.e. you buy credits, then in game client on credits buy month/6month Patron subscribtion) or directly using credit card via site?

Scapes
1: If i upgrade my founder to archeum, will i be able to play on the so called alpha server?

2: will i get the remaining crystals that archeum pack gives? i wish i can coz i wanna try some stuff on item mall...

3: alpha and cbt server SHARES the account crystals right? so if i use 11.5K in alpha then i wont have anything left on both alpha and cbt server?

1. Yes.
2. Want to say yes.
3. Yes.
4. No, unless we update the Alpha server client.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Will the larger Breezy bungalow be added i CBE2? while i was in mirage island, i noticed that there was two types of Breezy Bungalow....1 had a hole in the lower floor, the other was a little larger without the hole in it's floor......this larger bungalow is what i'm looking for, but i'm unable to see the miniaturized version to buy it.

Not to my knowledge but I haven't seen the final patch notes for our CBE2 build yet.

ProtosX
The Archeum Founder's Pack is still in stock at the moment.

nice! coz i plan on upgrading tomorrow. btw can u please answer some of my questions please? thanks

Also additional Question.

Will the CBT servers gets wiped out? and will there be new servers for both NA and EU servers?

Thanks in advance!

Thel
Since you guys are currently working on the store, is there any chance that you'll alter the way you purchase the glider images? I was pretty disappointed to find out that I needed 15 Reagents to use the image after purchasing it, which I no longer had enough credits to afford.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Will Patron subscribtion ingame be bought for credits like in RU AA (i.e. you buy credits, then in game client on credits buy month/6month Patron subscribtion) or directly using credit card via site?

Yes and yes. Patron status will be purchasable using Credits.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:53 AM
Since you guys are currently working on the store, is there any chance that you'll alter the way you purchase the glider images? I was pretty disappointed to find out that I needed 15 Reagents to use the image after purchasing it, which I no longer had enough credits to afford.

No plans to change this at the moment.

Scapes
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Scapes...

We're aiming to introduce APEX at Open Beta.

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 10:55 AM
1. Yes.
2. Want to say yes.
3. Yes.

wow nice thanks for the answers! wanna go out now and buy the $100 card... but im sure my driver is already asleep or outside -_-" dont wanna bother an overworked employee...

ProtosX
07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Scapes, one important question, sorry if it was already answered elsewhere. Will Patron subscribtion ingame be bought for credits like in RU AA (i.e. you buy credits, then in game client on credits buy month/6month Patron subscribtion) or directly using credit card via site?

u can buy 6 months in advance? and i think that package deal is discounted right? nice!

dragonmi0
07-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Scapes any idea when we'll get the items we boughtthrough our packs in-game for testing purpose?
I mean, I really want to fly on my glass phoenix glider, looking forward to it since i bought archeum pack... and of course all the other promised items...

ChuLay
07-23-2014, 10:59 AM
perfect, now get the keys!!!

jejeje vamo!!!!

=)

Thel
07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
No plans to change this at the moment.

Thanks for the reply! I'm not saying that it shouldn't require it or anything like that, just that a prompt might be a good idea, a little warning saying 'you need X amount of whatever to use this' (since I don't recall seeing one). It would likely save your team from having to deal with credit refund requests from people who make the same mistake I did. If the game introduces the concept of altering item appearances to you at some point, I must've missed it.

Caiser
07-23-2014, 11:02 AM
@ Scapes: any infos about labor potions cooldown being characterbased instead of accountwide....? bug? Feature? will this be changed? (you know that this system is exploitable, right?)

Hobo
07-23-2014, 11:03 AM
This is awesome news Can't wait to play again, Hope i get a key this time because last time had to struggle and get one from MMOhut

ashitakabg
Scapes, is it clear the number of Beta events that are remaining or the total number of the beta events ?

Delekhan
Great news and good work Trion keep it up.

But there is no news about EU servers. When do Trion plan to open Euro Servers?.

Lich Zagan
07-23-2014, 11:04 AM
So was the beta servers paused or are they still running? just curious incase i have to prepair my self if i have to see all my chickens dead :(

ashitakabg
07-23-2014, 11:06 AM
in the first beta you tested the hardware but what will you test in the second beta ?

Extreminador
07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi

You guys said that idle time will be 45 minutes. That's ok and i kind agree with it...
Now, what happen if i left computer crafting stuff, lets say 10k of "Shining Ocean Dream" potions...
Each 10 potions (1 craft) will take more or less 6 seconds sow 10k will take 6000 seconds.
6000 seconds it's equal to 100 minutes... Does that mean i will not be able to do all 10k potions, because i will be kicked out from server at 45 minutes ?

Thanks in advance

Soren
07-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Can't wait guys! CB2 looks to be a blast

Boxilot
07-23-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm so hyped right now its unreaaaaal :D

Mangix
07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Alpha and Beta are 2 separate 20GB clients. So you need 40GB free to play both. Alpha is on an entirely different set of hardware then beta. And yes, upgrading will get you in the alpha servers

You can access the Alpha client by simply renaming the beta folder "alpha" and vice versa.
You can also just copy and paste the contents of one, into a folder titled 'alpha'

Rodr1c
07-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Given how many people were in CBE1, and hopefully the same or more will take part in CBE2, will alpha/omega remain online again for CBE2 for those who opted to not roll again on beta?

Southernstar71
07-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Good question Rodr1c. I think quite a lot of Alpha/Omega people came over to Beta to recruit for Guilds. Wonder how the POP was on Alpha/Omega during and now after the Beta Event.

funkyND
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
i am thinking about starting with a new character in new server

Chaosx
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
@Scapes- Beta key players receive an in game notice that they are patron's, but when they try to place farm's or houses they are told they are not patron players. Are there any plans to allow beta key (non founder) players to be able to test the land ownership system without having to purchase a founder's pack? It's really hard for beta key players to get the full experience of the game without being able to own their own farms.

Lyktzu
07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
I hope I get a key for CBE2 because I really loved the game when I played First beta and really want to explore more of this world.

Rodr1c
07-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Good question Rodr1c. I think quite a lot of Alpha/Omega people came over to Beta to recruit for Guilds. Wonder how the POP was on Alpha/Omega during and now after the Beta Event.

I only play a few hours a week, and during the beta event, Omega was pretty dead. It made it nice to get some questing done in the PvP areas

HolyAvengerOne
07-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Actually, CBE1 invites do not grant future event access. However, we're greatly increasing the number of random-selected invites with this event.

Yes, you said that before, but here me was hoping you'd expand the pool. Oh well.

Kaios
07-23-2014, 11:35 AM

So you're saying I could have moved files from my beta client download after upgrading to lessen the amount of bandwidth I'd have to use downloading the alpha client? Because who ever helped me out in the live chat said otherwise.

zibnaf
07-23-2014, 11:37 AM
so when those new invite will be send off....so i dont have to F5 my inbox page from starting NOW :D

second question tho its not about the beta.....will you be supporting IDEAL payments(IDEAL is hugely populair in the netherlands)

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
So you're saying I could have moved files from my beta client download after upgrading to lessen the amount of bandwidth I'd have to use downloading the alpha client? Because who ever helped me out in the live chat said otherwise.

Yes you could have. It is listed by Scapes and some other members elsewhere in the forums. Sorry you missed it.

Sylar
07-23-2014, 11:40 AM
I am glad that things are going well. The only thing i ask is to consider, to send out beta invites first as priority, to those people who singed up on the site, but didn't got an invite for the last CBE.

Zya
07-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info Scapes, as it's greatly appreciated, but what do you mean by
With your input, we’re reviewing a number of systems with XLGAMES, including use of labor while you’re hunting and looting,

Are you saying you guys are considering charging us labor for looting in the future as well? :(

Kaios
07-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Yes you could have. It is listed by Scapes and some other members elsewhere in the forums. Sorry you missed it.

Not that big of a deal but it was an annoyance to have to download the entire 20 gigs again, especially living in Canada with my ♥♥♥♥ty download rate. What I find more annoying is that even after some prodding during my live chat with whatever person was assisting me, they were adamant that I had to redownload the ENTIRE client.

Artemis
07-23-2014, 11:49 AM
hay scapes, i want to ask how long cbt event - obt event take time? do you intend to release the game in september/october? sorry i ask this because i dont have much time left to play this game. but i really want to enjoy this game badly before goin for my pilot school. i'll appreciate if you want to answer my question. thanks

#sorry for my english

phumbaba
07-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks Scapes. Real nice of you to have been answering so many questions:) If you still feel like talking, do you want to comment on more profound concerns over the in-game economy? Have you discussed the matter or is it your consensus that with some minor tweaks everything is working as intended? Before launch it would be great to hear some broad plans over it. Mainly, if it is your full intent to have the economy sustainable in the spirit of sandboxes. Thx beforehand, if you do take the time to address my concerns.

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Are you saying you guys are considering charging us labor for looting in the future as well? :(

I think he means loot from coinpurses/quest rewards. Right now they are charging lp to do this :(

Jaserion
07-23-2014, 12:13 PM
do we get to continue with the same character from CBE1? or we'll need to start new character?

thanks.

Southernstar71
07-23-2014, 12:18 PM
do we get to continue with the same character from CBE1? or we'll need to start new character?

thanks.

You can continue if you want to.

Lunaki
07-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Awesome! I brought my friends and guildmates into this game, here's some of our general feedback from our group of ~10 people:

Offline labor regeneration rates are lame, especially if you're not patron, it should be 10/10 for patron and 5/5 for freebie.. Not too sure why it has to be reduced when you're offline.

Not being able to claim land as a free player makes sense, there's always public farms or whatever for free players.. Or they can join a guild.. It'd be nice if they could place ONLY their 8x8 as a freebie, but not necessary. Would it be possible to add a free-player farm area maybe?

There were lots of graphical errors we were experiencing. I reported my problem with the insane black seizure my screen kept having, and it seems to be fixed now. However most of us would have problems with things not rendering as we played for longer periods of time. Textures would be super blurry even when our graphics were set to high. Certain areas would lag really hard too, specifically towns or highly populated areas.

The drop rate of salvageable gear, and therefore the access to moonlight, starlight, and sunlight archeum was amazingly limited. With the new crafting system being so much more difficult to level, this really sucks for anyone wanting to level up any type of armor or weapon crafting... Or even just to craft yourself a set of armor, honestly.

Aside from these things, and the other things I've mentioned in the emails I keep sending, the game is amazing! All my friends were upset when the weekend ended, and really want to play again. We look forward to the next beta, but even moreso to release!

<3

I was also wondering: My Patron status says it will expire August 12 or something.. Kind of hoping that it doesn't run out before all the beta testing is over. xD

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Offline labor regeneration rates are lame, especially if you're not patron, it should be 10/10 for patron and 5/5 for freebie.. Not too sure why it has to be reduced when you're offline.
<3
The reason F2P can not have offline lp regen is because it would allow people to have unlimited LP by creating multiple free accounts. This would be exploited and ruin the in-game economy.

Zankorel
07-23-2014, 12:26 PM

Can we assume that if we purchase additional credits during beta, those additional credits will also be refunded and available with the founders credits at launch?

Daelus
07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :3 but Question will it run a week like last close Beta Event? :S

Palinore
07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update Scapes

Poppaea
07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Can we assume that if we purchase additional credits during beta, those additional credits will also be refunded and available with the founders credits at launch?

You can assume that pretty safely. The question will be what else do they plan.

Zankorel
07-23-2014, 12:29 PM
@Scapes

Any chance that we will get items added in the patch such as the regrade charms to test out?

Saito
07-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Hype for the CBE2... hope to get invited... clap.. clap.. ;)

SCHound
07-23-2014, 12:39 PM
you say you tested the ingame botting and spam systems, just curios as to how since I can't ever remember seeing a lot of spam or botting going on in a 4 day beta event and yes I know the Alpha servers are still over ran with bots but that feels almost like permanent server it has been going on so long

Tropheus
07-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Couldn't help but notice that the Labor potion being only a character cooldown and not account cooldown is not being mentioned to XLgames. So is this how it will be? the highest spenders in the game have full labor always? Or will there be a balance patch to fix this problem.

BlOod
07-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Well, how wrong it is to interrupt a game that requires a progression, even in beta, doing small events to encourage super excited to buy the right to play the ALPHA players? in too I think.:(

Lelouch
07-23-2014, 12:55 PM
*Scapes* is there a chance that we will be seeing the 28 skill points build/version of this game / patch (1/2) ? or from what you see we will always be dealing with the 23 skill points builds?

lozdee
07-23-2014, 01:00 PM
*fingers crossed* Hope i finally get to play this awesome game!

Chochko
07-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Faith in Trion restored!

EDIT: my 69th post is dedicated on that!

whitetragedy
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
This time, can you send invite for people who signed up on the website first before giving out keys so that we know if we need to get key or not. This is so that we don't waste invites and more people can test.

Crysis
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I would like a full on Beta event for I bought the game but I may not be able to join the second session, so please make it full on beta :D

Epheriel
07-23-2014, 01:25 PM
I know it's not related to the topic but I have some concern regarding labor potion. The thing is that I can use it on multiple characters of my account, so basicly it forces me to use 6x2 labor potions a day if I want to get max labor usage... Is this a bug? Please make the cooldown for account rather then for the character.

Kaios
07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
I know it's not related to the topic but I have some concern regarding labor potion. The thing is that I can use it on multiple characters of my account, so basicly it forces me to use 6x2 labor potions a day if I want to get max labor usage... Is this a bug? Please make the cooldown for account rather then for the character.

Is there a gun being held to your head? If not then you are not being forced to do anything.

Megadone
07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Great news and good work Trion keep it up.

But there is no news about EU servers. When do Trion plan to open Euro Servers?.

WTF are you talking about... there where 2 EU and 2 NA servers during CBT1... so wtf?

Read the forums all current server names and locations are posted on forums.

Epheriel
07-23-2014, 01:32 PM
Is there a gun being held to your head? If not then you are not being forced to do anything.

Of course that forces me to use 12 potions a day, since I don't want to some rich kid to get more labor then me, I would like them to fix that so you are able to use 2 bottles a day MAX

Gutts
07-23-2014, 01:56 PM
thanks for the updates :D
but i have some questions
1- are u going to start testing the ability queue on CBE2 ?
2- how many CBE is requird to start OBE ?

Siobhan
07-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Beta was great for me as well. I learned a few tips and tactics, and got to test a few things that one can only test on a brand new server with no cross-server AH to help you out. Thank you! I do have a few questions about the next Beta:

1. Any word on whether or not Alpha will run concurrently with Beta for the next CBT?
2. Any long term plans on how many Betas there will be before OB and Launch?
3. Since there was so many people, are there plans to release more servers?

@everyone who is trying to turn this thread into a LP discussion, please take it to the correct thread? there are plenty to choose from.

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
So was the beta servers paused or are they still running? just curious incase i have to prepair my self if i have to see all my chickens dead :(

The beta servers are supposed to be paused between events, so no coming back to dead livestock, withered plants and dead trees.

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:03 PM
@Scapes- Beta key players receive an in game notice that they are patron's, but when they try to place farm's or houses they are told they are not patron players. Are there any plans to allow beta key (non founder) players to be able to test the land ownership system without having to purchase a founder's pack? It's really hard for beta key players to get the full experience of the game without being able to own their own farms.

You're essentially a F2P player given early Beta access. Those who bought an Alpha or Beta pack are considered patrons. If you want to be considered one you'd need to purchase a pack also.

Clandestino
07-23-2014, 02:04 PM
very good news

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Hi

You guys said that idle time will be 45 minutes. That's ok and i kind agree with it...
Now, what happen if i left computer crafting stuff, lets say 10k of "Shining Ocean Dream" potions...
Each 10 potions (1 craft) will take more or less 6 seconds sow 10k will take 6000 seconds.
6000 seconds it's equal to 100 minutes... Does that mean i will not be able to do all 10k potions, because i will be kicked out from server at 45 minutes ?

Thanks in advance

The AFK-'kicker' distinguishes between those crafting, fishing, etc, as opposed to afk running in place, standing around, or riding your mount in circles.

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:07 PM

Very empty and quiet. :D Of course, with the Beta events starting, a lot of Alpha players are slowing on their game time to relax and get ready for the events and actual headstart launch.

AshBash2805
07-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I know on release (or head start for the founders) that all the characters and everything will be wiped, but will the "saved appearance" still be there so you don't have to make your character all over again?"

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:14 PM

Not being able to claim land as a free player makes sense, there's always public farms or whatever for free players.. Or they can join a guild.. It'd be nice if they could place ONLY their 8x8 as a freebie, but not necessary. Would it be possible to add a free-player farm area maybe?

There were lots of graphical errors we were experiencing. I reported my problem with the insane black seizure my screen kept having, and it seems to be fixed now. However most of us would have problems with things not rendering as we played for longer periods of time. Textures would be super blurry even when our graphics were set to high. Certain areas would lag really hard too, specifically towns or highly populated areas.

1) Can't give free accounts offline labor regen, too exploitable since people can make dozens/hundreds of free accounts. This is also why granting all players X amount of labor on start, as opposed to starting at zero, is implemented. If all accounts started with labor, even something as small as 100, someone would create endless free accounts, join them to their famioly, and farm/craft the free labor, then delete the character. Rinse and repeat.
2) Can't give free players permanent land, also exploitable (see item #1)
3) There are public farms on the two main continents, including tree farms (one on each continent). The variety of things you can plant in each are limited, as are quantity, but they do exist, check your maps. :)
4) Graphical problems aren't new unfortunately. If you're not using SLI, swap down to DX9, it fixes a lot of problems. If using DX11, log off, clear your cache folder at: "...\Documents\ArcheAge\USER\shaders\cache" and the game will reload all textures when you log in again and fix the problem.

Lanthrudar
07-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Of course that forces me to use 12 potions a day, since I don't want to some rich kid to get more labor then me, I would like them to fix that so you are able to use 2 bottles a day MAX

Agreed, this needs to be tied to account, not character. It would also be nice if tax certificates were account bound and not character bound, those purchased in the CS anyway.

lustywench
07-23-2014, 02:30 PM
Question: is there a wipe between beta1 and 2? if so cool, if not what happens with those who are not invited back to 2? all thier houses and the like?

Zankorel
07-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Question: is there a wipe between beta1 and 2? if so cool, if not what happens with those who are not invited back to 2? all thier houses and the like?

They have stated NUMEROUS times that there will be no wipes between Beta events. They will wipe beta after open beta before head start.

simpa1988
07-23-2014, 02:35 PM
i got an inv from trion for beta 1 , this doesnt exclude me to get again an inv right? or else i have to get a key. want to play again at beta 2 so much :D

lustywench
07-23-2014, 02:36 PM
you are eligable for inv for 2. but not a sure thing, unless founder

Lollis
07-23-2014, 02:37 PM
if i was in last beta do i need another key?

lustywench
07-23-2014, 02:38 PM
They have stated NUMEROUS times that there will be no wipes between Beta events. They will wipe beta after open beta before head start.

thx for the info

Enzichan
07-23-2014, 02:51 PM
I look forward to seeing what tweaks and changes you will offer for the next beta. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist in beta testing and I hope to enjoy more opportunities like this in the future.

Megadone
07-23-2014, 02:54 PM

read the forums?

if your a founder, answer is no
if your not a founder, you need a KEY or an INVITE for every CBT

skullhead51
07-23-2014, 03:08 PM

I'm almost certain they meant the Archeum motes, dust, shard, crystals etc used for crafting.

Liloou
07-23-2014, 03:12 PM
those people who just got a beta key or invite and are not a founder dont have patron status, so they have not been able to build any house and will not loose anything.

WNxArcticwolf
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
the ability for skills could you explain more please we do not need a queue for our skills!.

Hyperbbossy
07-23-2014, 03:31 PM
with beta events every 2 weeks, do we have a chance of game release in late August?

Hyperbbossy
07-23-2014, 03:34 PM
1) Can't give free accounts offline labor regen, too exploitable since people can make dozens/hundreds of free accounts. This is also why granting all players X amount of labor on start, as opposed to starting at zero, is implemented. If all accounts started with labor, even something as small as 100, someone would create endless free accounts, join them to their famioly, and farm/craft the free labor, then delete the character. Rinse and repeat.

how about nobody getting offline labour regen and everybody get the same online regen rate? I'm patron and I wouldn't mind this.

Enzichan
07-23-2014, 03:35 PM
how about nobody getting offline labour regen and everybody get the same online regen rate? I'm patron and I wouldn't mind this.

Do you feel the same when I tell you they have announced they will kick afk players after a yet to be specified amount of time?

Lunaki
07-23-2014, 03:38 PM
2) Can't give free players permanent land, also exploitable (see item #1)
3) There are public farms on the two main continents, including tree farms (one on each continent). The variety of things you can plant in each are limited, as are quantity, but they do exist, check your maps. :)
4) Graphical problems aren't new unfortunately. If you're not using SLI, swap down to DX9, it fixes a lot of problems. If using DX11, log off, clear your cache folder at: "...\Documents\ArcheAge\USER\shaders\cache" and the game will reload all textures when you log in again and fix the problem.

1~ I guess that makes sense, I didn't really consider that. Still, it kind of sucks, but I guess there isn't really any better way to work around it.
2~ Same as above.
3~ I know there are free public farms, I didn't say there weren't, I said there ARE. :P
4~ Thanks for the advice~ :3

DatGuyChicken
07-23-2014, 04:01 PM

So does that mean if you got a beta key from CBE1 through giveaways and you get another key to CBE2 will you save your character's stuff or not? (PLEASE ANSWER)

siery
07-23-2014, 04:06 PM
I am super excited for the next closed beta event. I did notice that they didn't mention mana regeneration (particularly out-of-combat), so expect no immediate changes, I guess?

pinkmaster123
07-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Fasted than I tought!

Can't wait for it!
Return on Alpha until the CBE 2 :)

(I'm testing ALOT of class to find my perfect gameplay)
If u have questions on class, send me a message :P

Don Corleone
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
When will the cash shop work so I can buy more credits? Yeah I know it is beta / alpha but I have some testing to do and want more credits.

Don Corleone
07-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Not only no, but hell no. I am an archeum founder for just that reason. If they change it so F2P gets the same labor as me I am asking for a refund and uninstalling the game.

Lowen
07-23-2014, 05:26 PM
I loved CBE1, the game is awesome. Will buy myself a founder pack when I have the cash for it, but for now I hope a beta key for CBE2 makes its way to my e-mail inbox.

Angelilia
07-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Wow good news ! I hope i'll receive the invitation this time.

Carlton
07-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Not only no, but hell no. I am an archeum founder for just that reason. If they change it so F2P gets the same labor as me I am asking for a refund and uninstalling the game.

I lolled'd

Drakord
07-23-2014, 06:32 PM
"With your input, we’re reviewing a number of systems with XLGAMES, including use of labor while you’re hunting and looting..."

I really HOPE this means Trion is looking at REMOVING labor points needed to identify rewards from quests.... since it is a terrible idea!!!!!!!

Vigilant
07-23-2014, 07:01 PM
YABADABADUUUUUUUUUUUU! Im waiting for round 2 ! I would love to have a option to activate crosshair mode to move camera and char like a action mmorpg :)

Valdur
07-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Lets hope the Gods favor me this time :)

Tajeo
07-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Any chance that we'll be seeing some sort of patch notes for CBT2? Would love to know what all has changed.

july
07-23-2014, 09:41 PM
YABADABADUUUUUUUUUUUU! Im waiting for round 2 ! I would love to have a option to activate crosshair mode to move camera and char like a action mmorpg :)

^i support this suggestion

Randompasserby
07-23-2014, 10:46 PM
@scapes or any staff, please post the date/news for beta key giveaway BEFORE the giveaway itself
so we can prepare ourselves better unlike the last giveaway (the first wave was disastrous with a lot of EU people complaining, lol)
thank you very much and good day :D

ProtosX
07-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Im happy with this announcement, specially the stuff about LP fix etc.

As I promised...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10464372_784197858267931_771840196960758183_n.jpg? oh=d46183612cda0035ee29e1d75d0b282b&oe=543F2CAF&__gda__=1415021095_5bad65335c5b8f4efc25ce45a8d2652 d

Keep up the good work and make your players happy!

Deitylight
07-24-2014, 01:19 AM

As I promised...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10464372_784197858267931_771840196960758183_n.jpg? oh=d46183612cda0035ee29e1d75d0b282b&oe=543F2CAF&__gda__=1415021095_5bad65335c5b8f4efc25ce45a8d2652 d

I wouldn't go over board like that yet until we see the patch notes and the nature of the change in Labor points.
There are opponents against changing the current labor point system no matter how odd it seems.

BigMac
07-24-2014, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't go over board like that yet until we see the patch notes and the nature of the change in Labor points.
There are opponents against changing the current labor point system no matter how odd it seems.
This IS the internet... You will find people opposed to every good change and supporting every bad change, Trion just has to do what makes sense for them and for most players.

ProtosX
07-24-2014, 02:36 AM

overboard? spending $100 is already overboard? i wish u met my sister on farmville lolz

anyway, if they give us a better LP system, then i might buy additional 6 months patron on launch ^_~

also my sis will play this game too...i told her that its like open world pvp pve farmville... *_* <--u can significantly see the interest twinkling in her eyes!

RandyRandomness
07-24-2014, 02:46 AM
I would like to know when are the invites for the next closed beta event coming out? i really cant wait to play this game and hope to get an invite

RandyRandomness
07-24-2014, 02:47 AM
i mean i know you said when it starts but i i want to know when the invites start getting sent out.

fuzzypanda
07-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Rich kids be like. "Shut the F up free players. My daddy owns your daddy so there." Screw you guys.

Now that I got that little rage out of the way. Some real questions that I would love to get answered.

1. Guilds, Will we be seeing more guild options and such in the next CBE or are they still working on it. I see the 2 greyed out tabs in my guild info area, so have no clue what options are hidden behind the grey. I would love more guild options tbh. A notice board and information area to start with would be great. That way we could keep our members up to date on what's going on as well as provide information on websites and TS3 info.
2. Could you post what's getting put into mirage island when you get that information? I thought the party boat was going to be part of the 1.2 build but it looks like it wasn't. Also thought the Leviathan was going to be in the 1.2 build (I've heard rumors of the Leviathan, or another legendary sea creature, being thrown into the mix alongside the kraken.

tnkltnkl
07-24-2014, 05:07 AM
Rich kids be like. "Shut the F up free players. My daddy owns your daddy so there." Screw you guys.

Now that I got that little rage out of the way. Some real questions that I would love to get answered.

1. Guilds, Will we be seeing more guild options and such in the next CBE or are they still working on it. I see the 2 greyed out tabs in my guild info area, so have no clue what options are hidden behind the grey. I would love more guild options tbh. A notice board and information area to start with would be great. That way we could keep our members up to date on what's going on as well as provide information on websites and TS3 info.
2. Could you post what's getting put into mirage island when you get that information? I thought the party boat was going to be part of the 1.2 build but it looks like it wasn't. Also thought the Leviathan was going to be in the 1.2 build (I've heard rumors of the Leviathan, or another legendary sea creature, being thrown into the mix alongside the kraken.

Yessss more guilds stuff please! I was quite surprised to find there was no guild bank feature, or even a place in the Guild UI to write a message to the guild members haha. Hopefully there will be more improvements on that end.

TheFell
07-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Levithian was added in 1.7 if I'm not mistaken.

Extreminador
07-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi

The AFK-'kicker' distinguishes between those crafting, fishing, etc, as opposed to afk running in place, standing around, or riding your mount in circles.

You saying that because some moderator have already reply before to my same question or because you think it make's sense to be like that ?

Good game

Megadone
07-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Any chance that we'll be seeing some sort of patch notes for CBT2? Would love to know what all has changed.

read the forums?
we will know about patch notes on monday

@scapes or any staff, please post the date/news for beta key giveaway BEFORE the giveaway itself
so we can prepare ourselves better unlike the last giveaway (the first wave was disastrous with a lot of EU people complaining, lol)
thank you very much and good day :D

Giveaways are not controlled by Trion, only the amount is... all so giveaways are a SURPRISE, why would anybody announce it 5min before it happens, that's just stupid, and just don't mention EU... ppl crying where a minority... most ppl know how giveaway work and most ppl know there not entitled to it. Giveaways where just fine last round, this round they should stick to the same thing.

Levithian was added in 1.7 if I'm not mistaken.

Celulux
07-24-2014, 07:31 AM
have a lot of people saying you will need another key, to join CBT2, is it true?

Whisp
07-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I upgraded to Archeum yesterday. I did not receive any additional currency when I logged into the Alpha server.

I had the remainder of what I did not spend when I got the Silver package for Beta. :(

Is this a bug or to be expected?

Poppaea
07-24-2014, 08:03 AM
if you reach out to support via live chat they will fix it for you. A few others had the same issue.

VanBlaze
07-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Around how much CBE will have the game? I pray for dont see CBE-116 :D. Testers you saw a solid game while testing? Or still some things to repair? Like stucks or exploits? Or just saw a poor bugs of graphics and features?

Whisp
07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
if you reach out to support via live chat they will fix it for you. A few others had the same issue.

Will do! I wasn't sure if it was by design or not. Thank you for the information.

snarkyjim
07-24-2014, 09:23 AM
You know you guys are great. You are doing a great job of being proactive. I must tell you that the rules as strict as they are are exactly what I have been looking for. In the early days of LOTRO we had an honor system because many of us had kids online. I think this step will make the game for more adults and mature kids. Please let me know what I can do to help!

Poppaea
07-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Around how much CBE will have the game? I pray for dont see CBE-116 :D. Testers you saw a solid game while testing? Or still some things to repair? Like stucks or exploits? Or just saw a poor bugs of graphics and features?

Game is mostly fine. Server stuff needed some work but was overall reliable. The main thing I think they have to figure out is drop rates for certain items and what they may do about labor points.

I must tell you that the rules as strict as they are are exactly what I have been looking for. In the early days of LOTRO we had an honor system because many of us had kids online. I think this step will make the game for more adults and mature kids. Please let me know what I can do to help!

Not sure where you got this from, but they are not being strict about much of anything right now in game or in the forums. So definitely not what you want for sensitive types or young children. I read some rules somewhere and laughed because I haven't seen them practice anything they have written up. Just use the block feature and you'll be fine.

Koagz
07-24-2014, 09:45 AM
If you do add Ability que just please make sure you can toggle it on/off.

Mur
07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Kinda annoyed there will be more key giveaways when there is a bunch of us that paid (quite a bit) to be in the beta and it is not even always up.

Megadone
07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
have a lot of people saying you will need another key, to join CBT2, is it true?

read the forums, Trion said so several times if you bothered to read

Kinda annoyed there will be more key giveaways when there is a bunch of us that paid (quite a bit) to be in the beta and it is not even always up.

So where exactly in founder pack it says your in BETA exclusively for your self and nobody via invite or key gets in? Can you act more elitist?
As for BETA up time... again read the forums... BETA was NEVER PLANED to be on 24/7 nor did they say anything about it, and the most important thing... STOP acting like this is a FINISHED product... IT'S NOT! Your in BETA to learn about the game, hopefully help Trion find gliches/bugs, suggest improvments, ect...

Only server which will be online 24/7 is the ALPHA server, IF they have enuf ppl in CBT's... if not ALPHA will be shut-down for duration of CBT's... again as said several times by now... try to read the actual forums and you'll find all the info you need, or rather TRY to find it... and then ask question... instead of just expecting something for your own gain -.-

zibnaf
07-24-2014, 10:14 AM

afaik the close beta invite you get are a one time thing so when the CBT end for that key you dont get into the next beta....the founders key will give you access to all the beta slots(the highest payed pack will give you alpha right too.

Alyss
07-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Good job thanks!

Lous
07-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Great job with the game!

Followed by the CBT1 youtube and twitch.tv. The game is fantastic, I hope next CBT i have the luck to win the key :)

I play world of warcraft and I'm very curious to test the playability of ArcheAge.

Invisigoth
07-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Gratz on what sounds like a successful Beta. Here's to continued progress towards launch!

Tropheus
07-24-2014, 01:18 PM

As I promised...

Where did they state any LP fix?

Megadone
07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Where did they state any LP fix?

read the article for this topic...(link is on page 1, post 1 !!!)

While you were playing, you were also giving us feedback on what you liked, and didn’t like, with our version of ArcheAge. We really appreciate all of the detailed feedback, both about things you liked and would like to see improved. With your input, we’re reviewing a number of systems with XLGAMES, including use of labor while you’re hunting and looting, labor regeneration rates for online and offline players, and the availability of Archeum. We’re also looking into the feasibility of XLGAMES adding an ability queue and mouse inverting.

just part of it... so yeah it's good news

Tropheus
07-24-2014, 01:29 PM
oh that LP garbage, but still nothing about pumping labor pots on multiple characters on the same account.

Dslthe
07-24-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't got it ! i allready heve a key 4 ' ArcheAge Closed Beta Event 2' try 2 Apply New Code ---> We're sorry, but the voucher is either expired or has already been used. !!!!!!!!! Hellp Please !!! Im stupid Russian!!!

Hailion
07-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Theyre ip locked once you redeem one you cant use another.

jRokou
07-24-2014, 09:41 PM
I don't got it ! i allready heve a key 4 ' ArcheAge Closed Beta Event 2' try 2 Apply New Code ---> We're sorry, but the voucher is either expired or has already been used. !!!!!!!!! Hellp Please !!! Im stupid Russian!!!

As long as you see "beta event 2 invitation" or something of that nature in the glyph section of the site, you should be good to go for the next test. When I tried to get into closed beta test 1 I was given the same error, yet I could download the client and later log in just fine back on the 17th

stevekbskill
07-26-2014, 07:20 PM
I never get a beta key :(

MystiqueAngel
07-27-2014, 06:45 PM
AA peeps, sorry for being a jerk on some of my post and thank u so much for listening/reading to our cries. indeed you do more actions and less words. kudos to you guys/gals at AA.

Gonna upgrade my founder tomorrow before we leave for dubai, btw i would like to know a few things...

IF you upgrade to the 149.99 *USD* Pack yes you wil lbe able to play on the Alpha/Omega Servers.

Someone said that the sent in an email/ticket and they got the rest of theirs. I originally had the larger pack so... Pretty sure they will give you the remainder.

Yes. If you use it all in Alpha then you have non in CBT. I actuall have bought 1 land pet and 3 gliders + 1 outfit and still have some left ;)

YOU will need to download the Alpha version (As you get both the Alpha/Betas)

gonna post a printscreen tomorrow...so excited! Thanks everyone! looking forward for that LP fix lolz

:D I have only started reading this thread so not sure if yours was answered yet! BUT if not there you go!

I didn't think they had houses. As they were considered.. "Free" players. (Pretty sure i saw many complaining about not being able to build as they game was considering them "free to play" players)

i got an inv from trion for beta 1 , this doesnt exclude me to get again an inv right? or else i have to get a key. want to play again at beta 2 so much :D

You need another key..unless you buy a founder pack.

Yep! You will need another key UNLESS you buy a founder pack!

So does that mean if you got a beta key from CBE1 through giveaways and you get another key to CBE2 will you save your character's stuff or not? (PLEASE ANSWER)

All characters carry over through the betas. So your character and all its items will be saved and should still be there!

overboard? spending $100 is already overboard? i wish u met my sister on farmville lolz

anyway, if they give us a better LP system, then i might buy additional 6 months patron on launch ^_~

also my sis will play this game too...i told her that its like open world pvp pve farmville... *_* <--u can significantly see the interest twinkling in her eyes!

NO! Do the YEAR one it saves you even more money in the long run! (Which i will actually be doing!)

I upgraded to Archeum yesterday. I did not receive any additional currency when I logged into the Alpha server.

I had the remainder of what I did not spend when I got the Silver package for Beta. :(

Is this a bug or to be expected?

I saw someone say the needed to contact support to get the remainder! Try that :D Gratz on the upgrade :D

You paid for "Beta" and that's a CLOSED Beta EVENT they're holding... lasts only x amount of days hon! Many games do CB Events/CB/Open Beta THEN Launch.. (WHICH as a paying founder you get a 4 day headstart!) Keep that head up hon.. You paid to be here so you get some perks that the "key" players dont get later on! (UNLESS they decide to upgrade to founder!!! :D)

chewienl
07-28-2014, 07:44 AM
shame no Netherlands :(

Skb
07-29-2014, 10:33 AM
I am a little dissapointed how trion handle europe, I feel like we are just in the shadow of NA servers, why is the servers launching late evening in europe? last time delayed into the beggining of the night, I hope we will be treated better at launch

Deicidium
07-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I am a little dissapointed how trion handle europe, I feel like we are just in the shadow of NA servers, why is the servers launching late evening in europe? last time delayed into the beggining of the night, I hope we will be treated better at launch

Glad I'm not the only one.

Fizban86
07-29-2014, 10:39 AM
People calm down. Arche age is a HUGE project, trion needs time to adapt it both for NA and EU :)
I just hope they'll work hard and give us the possibility to play it with full-features ^_^
I think it's ok to wait for full-access :D
isn't it Trion?

RHAJAH
07-30-2014, 11:41 AM
game works fine when i play alpha now beta giving me a hackshield issue

godkot
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
The game wont let me connect to the server... try for a long time now

Shivtea
07-30-2014, 11:39 PM
For some reason I can't connect to the NA servers even though I'm in the NA. Though for some reason I can connect to Eu servers just fine, is there a way to fix this?

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi guys! Hope to play with you soon.