PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard Build: Round 2

jahlon
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
So, I started with this build: http://arche-base.com/builds/view/566-Basic_Learning_of_Theroy#3.10.4/pxkvxUBvCk6K

Then, after some feedback, I realized I'd made a few mistakes. Well, not that I realized them, but I was enlightened to the fact I'd be really vulnerable to ranged attacks and that Wing of Defense might not be that great. I was also told that I should highly consider taking Charging Up and Inhibition in order to get the charges to shorten my cool downs in the devotion tree.

After some moving of points around (and there are just not enough points are there) I ended up with this build.

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/711-Bodyguard_Meaty_Healer#3.10.4/pkPv2xkvxaSK

Now, I understand this build has no offensive capability in the slightest. I acknowledge that. The purpose of this is to be a pain in the butt during large scale combat. If someone takes the time to try to burn me down, my hope is that I'm too much of a bite to swallow whole and that the person ends up in the range of my friends, while I'm able to absorb their initial onslaught and then heal myself back.

I'm thinking, that after all the feedback I've gotten, that the Bodyguard build may either be cookie-cutter (you have to build it a certain way) or just not very useful compared to other combinations. Those other combinations lack the buffness of the tank, but they open up some points to diversify into CCs and Escapes.

Any feedback would be helpful as I might start leaning to some of the other builds I've seen.

Legion
04-10-2014, 02:03 PM
So, I started with this build: http://arche-base.com/builds/view/566-Basic_Learning_of_Theroy#3.10.4/pxkvxUBvCk6K

Then, after some feedback, I realized I'd made a few mistakes. Well, not that I realized them, but I was enlightened to the fact I'd be really vulnerable to ranged attacks and that Wing of Defense might not be that great. I was also told that I should highly consider taking Charging Up and Inhibition in order to get the charges to shorten my cool downs in the devotion tree.

After some moving of points around (and there are just not enough points are there) I ended up with this build.

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/711-Bodyguard_Meaty_Healer#3.10.4/pkPv2xkvxaSK

Now, I understand this build has no offensive capability in the slightest. I acknowledge that. The purpose of this is to be a pain in the butt during large scale combat. If someone takes the time to try to burn me down, my hope is that I'm too much of a bite to swallow whole and that the person ends up in the range of my friends, while I'm able to absorb their initial onslaught and then heal myself back.

I'm thinking, that after all the feedback I've gotten, that the Bodyguard build may either be cookie-cutter (you have to build it a certain way) or just not very useful compared to other combinations. Those other combinations lack the buffness of the tank, but they open up some points to diversify into CCs and Escapes.

Any feedback would be helpful as I might start leaning to some of the other builds I've seen.

You don't need Power of life, because you got Vitality,
When you using Force field you trap yourself and cant heal anyone,
Gods belssing is kinda useless 29 in and willpower for 1 sp is kinda too much,
Cursed and blessing is buff and taking 1 negative effect down,
Absorbation of power is also kinda useless, because first he damage you, only after that heals 7 % of received dmg,
Twilling is also useless in fights, if enemy is close he will see you =]
Whisper of life is also worthless
You need also take Strong will for sure

Mustafonte
04-10-2014, 02:21 PM
whisper of life, scream of life, absorption of power. Put all it off

jahlon
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
You don't need Power of life, because you got Vitality,
When you using Force field you trap yourself and cant heal anyone,
Gods belssing is kinda useless 29 in and willpower for 1 sp is kinda too much,
Cursed and blessing is buff and taking 1 negative effect down,
Absorbation of power is also kinda useless, because first he damage you, only after that heals 7 % of received dmg,
Twilling is also useless in fights, if enemy is close he will see you =]
Whisper of life is also worthless
You need also take Strong will for sure

Do Power of Life and Vitality not stack? If they stack wouldn't that mean you could add the extra life?

Force Field I figured I could use to protect anyone around me who was about to die. I also thought about using it in other non-conventional ways.

Didn't notice the healing buff on Curse and Blessing Before, so that was a good thing to pick up on.

For Absorption of Power, getting 7% back is still (at least to me) effectively 7% damage reduction, unless I'm not understanding the power.

If the enemy can see past Twilight, that makes it worthless (and gives me at least one point back to play with)

Legion
04-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Do Power of Life and Vitality not stack? If they stack wouldn't that mean you could add the extra life?

Force Field I figured I could use to protect anyone around me who was about to die. I also thought about using it in other non-conventional ways.

Didn't notice the healing buff on Curse and Blessing Before, so that was a good thing to pick up on.

For Absorption of Power, getting 7% back is still (at least to me) effectively 7% damage reduction, unless I'm not understanding the power.

If the enemy can see past Twilight, that makes it worthless (and gives me at least one point back to play with). They don't like each other =] Force field is not for healer, because you will trap yourself and wont heal him, Absorbion of lifes helps only if youre using robe, because if you are heavy armor user wiz will one shots you and this spell wont help