PDA

View Full Version : Timber Coupe and Longboards Roll into ArcheAge

Scapes
06-02-2015, 12:07 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/05/01-timber_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/06/02/timber-coupe-and-longboards-roll-into-archeage)

Say hello to the all-new ArcheAge Timber Coupe. Engine-ered like no other, this 4-wheel drive roadster was designed with peerless performance in mind.

While Erenorís cars are no stranger to special tricks and maneuvers, this ultimate driving machine comes equipped with a powerful up-hill speed boost, a potent hand-crafted engine capable of launching it into the air, and a barrel roll to navigate the most treacherous terrain.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/06/02/timber-coupe-and-longboards-roll-into-archeage)

Drakias
06-02-2015, 12:13 PM
That looks like the coupe with the upgrade ticket applied, when will we get that?

Odoq
06-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I have the motorized longboard and it says it is in 1st gear. Is there a way to shift into second or third gear?

Saveric
06-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Scapes is the Cogwheel Motor in the Marketplace a permanent addition or a temp addition to the marketplace?

nebadger
06-02-2015, 01:20 PM
soooooooooo the timber coup post... is more important then the castle exploiting post?

Nealosaur
06-02-2015, 02:40 PM
500 gilda and another chassis. WHY? Why would you make players do that? Many people have cars, but most wanted the timber coupe. There is no mention of nerfing, but why do I suspect there is. I realize you are just the face the represents the evil, but I do not like you scapes. You are the messenger of greed. Clearly, it was taken away to further the gold sink, and cash drain.

Saveric
06-02-2015, 03:09 PM
500 gilda and another chassis. WHY? Why would you make players do that? Many people have cars, but most wanted the timber coupe. There is no mention of nerfing, but why do I suspect there is. I realize you are just the face the represents the evil, but I do not like you scapes. You are the messenger of greed. Clearly, it was taken away to further the gold sink, and cash drain.

Timbre Coupe costs more Gilda than the others. If it didn't cost additional gilda then no one would buy the Timbre Coupe design and would just buy the old cars, craft them, then upgrade them for cheap to the timbre coupe.

notebene
06-02-2015, 03:59 PM
It's unfortunate that you can't apply 'any' dye color to your car as you build it. At this point, from what I heard of other people moving packs with a car, the TC doesn't right itself if it flips over with packs, where the Apex will. Having said that, I'd very much like my car to look like the picture, which is effectively a yellow dye. 400 more gilda seems steep for a car that, while having 4 wheel drive, seems to be problematic if you'd like to move packs with it...and yellow.

#dyebartdye

Baklava
06-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Surely before the longboard there should have been a bad ♥♥♥ Trike, able to carry a pack while your babe sat behind.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/06/02/timber-coupe-and-longboards-roll-into-archeage)[/QUOTE]

Cerl
06-02-2015, 07:18 PM
So because i managed to get a car early i'm now stuck with having to collect 500 Gilda myself and pay for a whole new frame? A frame that is exactly the same materials, just a different pigment!

If it was just the 500 Gilda then I wouldn't mind so much, then you're only paying an extra 100 Gilda. But still, collecting Gilda isn't so much my thing. And the only way I can really get it is either using up soo much time and gold drip feeding packs onto the other continent when it's at peace, or 1 by 1 in freedich.
The reason for that is because I'm living in a GMT+8 time zone (9-12 hours ahead of America) and the guild i'm in which i don't want to leave is primarily American. So it's rare where i can get my guild to join me and supply me with Gilda.

I propose the option were players that already had a car before a certain date (I guess the date of the proposed release of the Timber Coupe) could upgrade by an upgrade ticket which costs 500 Gilda.
Or
Just 500 Gilda for any player. It's still 100 more than the total cost of the Timber Coupe design and your not phasing out the other cars. Who would want to spend money on a Apex or Comet now?

There's a couple idea, i'm sure they're not the best and others could come up with a better ones. But my point is - Players that may want an Apex or Comet first (due to funds) and especially players that managed to put the hard work in to get a car early are penalized for doing so. And this is the only solution, by having to collect Gilda yourself and pay for another frame.

Side note and i'm sure people will disagree but - I'm fine with what you done with the Timber Coupe. If you could go up essentially vertical cliffs, then it's over powered.
I've had a go in the new one and find it's very well done.

Ricar
06-02-2015, 07:58 PM
I have to agree with @Cerl

I have a Comet Speedster, and you have No idea how hard is to get a car when you are part of a small guild (friends guild). Funny thing is that originally I wanted the Timber Coupe (reason is because I've always liked more the Lamborghini over the Ferrari...colours stuff if you know what I mean :cool: ); I was so hype when I read the Timber Coupe was going to be again in the game, but such a disappointment when realized that you have to build again a full Frame.

Really, that's like a bad joke. A full frame cost around 1300g in my server. So I have to pay 500 Gildas and 1300g for the car I wanted from the beginning and couldn't build because TRINO had it locked ?.

There has to be a change on the upgrade method. Is simply stupid....unless... the Timber Coupe is OP compared to the Apex Squall or the Comet Speedster. And so far I haven't seen anyone saying "Wow man, this car is F****g awesome !!! so OP !!"; not a single person that has upgraded to it.

You guys really REALLY need to think another way to upgrade from the other cars.

Ricar.

Drakias
06-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Just do the sane thing and aim at getting all 3 cars. You already have the Apex/Comet so your only 2 cars away.

Kloee
06-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Just do the sane thing and aim at getting all 3 cars. You already have the Apex/Comet so your only 2 cars away.

I like the way you think!

Bhaton
06-03-2015, 09:16 AM
and there is a glitch in where you can have a pack on your back while riding the longboard...not that I care but once again pirate and opportunistic cheater will love it. (Have seen 2 Freshly doing that last Ynyster peace time)

METATRON
06-04-2015, 03:20 AM
500 gilda and another chassis. WHY? Why would you make players do that? Many people have cars, but most wanted the timber coupe ...

What another chassis? I see here they all use the same Racing Chassis and you can simply upgrade from Comet/Apex to Timber just by crafting the Timber Coupe frame which doesn't even require thunderstruck trees.

What seems to be the problem? Your english? Chassis isn't the same as Vehicle Frame.
When you build the timber coupe from scratch, you not only need the vehicle frame, but also the racing chassis which requires 8 TS trees.

METATRON
06-04-2015, 03:22 AM
Timbre Coupe costs more Gilda than the others. If it didn't cost additional gilda then no one would buy the Timbre Coupe design and would just buy the old cars, craft them, then upgrade them for cheap to the timbre coupe.

What?!? No matter the language, your logic is illogical. I struggled for 5 min to understand your logic, but failed. There is no logic.

Saveric
06-04-2015, 04:09 PM
What?!? No matter the language, your logic is illogical. I struggled for 5 min to understand your logic, but failed. There is no logic.

Did you fail to read the reply it was to? The person was complaining about the Upgrade from Car A to Timbre Coupe costed him gilda and they don't think it should.

1200 > 800. If the convert from Car A to Timbre Coupe didn't use Gilda than everyone would just buy Car A for a mere 800 Gilda and then upgrade it to Timbre Coupe, they wouldn't buy the Timbre Coupe design as it's not needed then. All you'd have to do is build 2 Frames. Why would someone ever buy the Timbre Coupe Design if they could get it for 800 instead of 1200.

If you read what the reply was to then you would of been able to follow Context A to Context B and seen that I was talking about the upgrading. Sorry that it goes over your head.

momo2999
06-05-2015, 04:57 PM
I have to agree with @Cerl

I have a Comet Speedster, and you have No idea how hard is to get a car when you are part of a small guild (friends guild). Funny thing is that originally I wanted the Timber Coupe (reason is because I've always liked more the Lamborghini over the Ferrari...colours stuff if you know what I mean :cool: ); I was so hype when I read the Timber Coupe was going to be again in the game, but such a disappointment when realized that you have to build again a full Frame.

Ricar.

People like this should not get any sympathy, they built the car they didn't want and now want a free exchange? If you want it that bad then put in the extra time and effort don't whine until Trion panders to your lazy ♥♥♥. Thanks for the car Scapes

Cerl
06-06-2015, 03:50 AM
People like this should not get any sympathy, they built the car they didn't want and now want a free exchange? If you want it that bad then put in the extra time and effort don't whine until Trion panders to your lazy ♥♥♥. Thanks for the car Scapes

Momo2999. You clearly haven't read my post or understood what I said. Ricar was agreeing with me about the upgrade fee, nothing to do with getting it for free.

Our lazy ♥♥♥?
That couldn't be far from the truth as we managed to build a car early on by doing a lot of work. All we are asking for is a lower upgrade cost because as it stands it's far too much.

I'm not going to go into detail because I explained it pretty well in my first post. So please have a read because you clearly haven't if your insulting me & Ricar like this.

Try and have all the facts before submitting an insulting comment towards others.

Take care

Cerl.

Solsarai
06-07-2015, 11:15 AM
If they are removing tradepack storage from the trunks of the cars, like they mentioned in the last Livestream - I am sad I wasted the gilda on the car I already have. I was about to upgrade to the Timber - but what is the point? I already have the most expensive donkey gilda can buy.

notebene
06-07-2015, 03:37 PM
If they are removing tradepack storage from the trunks of the cars, like they mentioned in the last Livestream - I am sad I wasted the gilda on the car I already have. I was about to upgrade to the Timber - but what is the point? I already have the most expensive donkey gilda can buy.

I think you miss heard that, as posted in another thread, don't recall where.

They were talking about a bug that allows you to carry two extra packs on the farm cart, the 2 pack one, if I'm not mistaken. They were just talking about removing the ability to carry those two extra packs, as it was not intended.

Edit: here

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?198091-Cars-no-longer-hold-Trade-packs-June-5th-Stream&p=1747660&viewfull=1#post1747660