PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon thoughts?

Amyela
06-05-2015, 05:20 AM
Sooo, any one tryed the class ? It looks like pretty fun class with leather/ dual wield, I like the movability and the possible CC lock with all the CC breaks the class offers... but it still looks like something is missing :P
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.2.4/HPTC7jk1mSsU

Gamemako
06-05-2015, 05:24 AM
The part that is missing is the damage.

Amyela
06-05-2015, 05:38 AM
The part that is missing is the damage.

But why ? With Obsidian Katana as main hand ... it could work out in damage?

USFNOOB
06-05-2015, 05:51 AM
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#8.2.4/HPTCpjk1xxGU

Better mobility, continued speed off thwart, greater magic defense, and the ability to remove debuffs. I suggest full flame cause most of your damage will come from backstab trip rapid strike and that attack is week againt plate.

Enervate and Overwhelm will be the combo with the biggest hit, followed up by backstab rapid strikes. If you have a full serp leather 8/8, you could switch out the bracers for Meinas and get some insane damage by crits with that.

Gamemako
06-05-2015, 07:10 PM
But why ? With Obsidian Katana as main hand ... it could work out in damage?

Shadowplay itself doesn't do very much damage compared to other DPS skillsets (Battlerage, Archery, Sorcery). A lot of the damage is also being pushed further toward flat amounts which are less effective in PvP as weapon damage and defenses scale up. You don't get the Battle/Shadow cheese combo with Puncture and Precision-Shadowsmite -- you just get a Shadowsmite delivered to an opponent with 2000 more defense, which is pretty much 30% or so of the big hammer those builds deliver. Shadowplay is also heavy on small hits, and every hit is cut badly by flat reduction. In the days of pre-nerf mudhand combo, you could abuse that to help fill the gap, but you just don't get much damage from Witchcraft now. So yeah, low damage from Shadowplay, low damage from Witchcraft, low damage from Auramancy. Doesn't make for much of a killer build.

KanonXO
06-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Eidolon, if played well, in theory could be crazy scary. I say theory because I only tested it briefly at level 50 while under geared. I don't have the experience so I can't make any statements. Like mako said, you lack damage but you make up for that with ability counters. This is why if played very well + very good gear, it can be scary good. Here's why...

Your cc breaks:
- Fear and sleep immunity
- stun/impale break

This alone allows you to get the initial trip on every class in the game. Prepopping shrug while under courageous = guaranteed trip rotation against everything without redoubt. Fighting a defense user? You have free runner+shadowstep+backdrop+teleport+mirror warp to kite it. You are one of the most mobile classes in the game, you can kite anything. To have shrug it off + CA + insane mobility = you're first to get your rotation off every time.