PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Korean / Russian Players

Sweetdeal
03-21-2014, 03:10 PM
So,

lets open this Thread for people that are new to ArcheAge, so they can ask us here Questions about Skills etc. from Russia/Korea and hopefully soon from Alpha/Beta.

So fire on!

Phaun
03-21-2014, 03:49 PM
How enjoyable of an experience is ArcheAge as a solo player?

Of course, I plan on playing with others, it's an MMO, but I tend to be mostly solo. I just enjoy having the busy environment. I wonder how the balance is for a solo player to be successful.

Say, for example, I wanted to be a lone merchant who rarely fights.

Dotti
03-21-2014, 03:54 PM
You can, you will just have to be really clever or avoid pvp zones (possible) but it wont make you rich. More risk, more reward.

Tres
03-21-2014, 03:58 PM
We'll need Trion's help with the westernized skill names before we confuse players. Hopefully they can release the tree's soon =)

Tobi
03-21-2014, 03:59 PM

Of course, I plan on playing with others, it's an MMO, but I tend to be mostly solo. I just enjoy having the busy environment. I wonder how the balance is for a solo player to be successful.

Hey Mate, Im playing the ArcheAge on the russian server and there are many and i mean MANY things you can do solo.

You can spec on your solo build and go kil people in War time and War zones and just be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ to people in every region really.
You can Pirate up undock your ship and just be a lone pirate and rob traders and make profit.
You can explore the massive continents of ArcheAge world and find treasures, hidden content and just be awe of the world
You can find region bosses(most very hard) and kil them.
You do special quests that give special items such as mounths, pets and rare items
You can get on your donkey and trade alone from safe continents to safe cities
Or you can get on your trusty donkey and trade from safe continents to dangerous continents for even more profit
You can build houses
You can build farms
You can do world events

And there is alot more. Im level 40 in the Russian server and i love it. I mostly play solo and at times with guildies for boss hunting and pirating/trading. There is alot for a solo player to do.

Tuckrain
03-21-2014, 04:02 PM
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner&action=jumpIn

skill calculator in english and german =)

Blue
03-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Along the topic of Solo play...
I personally enjoy group play and having guildies around for a few reasons!
PvP.
From my experience, people mostly roam in a group which instantly leaves you at a disadvantage depending on you're build and what not. ^^
However, if you intend to be a lone Merchant with no intention, that's entirely possible! Although sticking to the Safe Zones would be a must otherwise you more than likely WILL have to fight. ^_^

Tres
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner&action=jumpIn

skill calculator in english and german =)

Assuming stuff hasnt been moved around they didnt have it up enough on stream to really catch it. And i'll be willing to bet some skill names don't have direct translations ;D

Preacher
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Currently playing on Russian AA with a guild.

As a solo player you can get a standard MMO content - level up, do quests, run dungeons in pugs + AA content like own house, ship, farm and craft. However much of game is focused on players working together - as guilds, and later factions. Even getting a best gear i(which is crafted mostly) is effort not for solo players. Archeage has a special unit called "family" of 4-8 players. In Family you can successfully do most of content and supply yourself with needed crafting if you focus right. You can solo pvp/PK if you create build for it, however surviving when enemy raids the zone would be difficult as most pvp is groups.

Like in UO, you can play entierly solo - if your focus lies in getting and building a house, decorating it, crafting, pve. However the most interesting endgame content is based on faction/guild warfare - and you`ll need support to be able to part ins ea battles, sieges, or even pve in contested spots on high levels.

Phaun
03-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey Mate, Im playing the ArcheAge on the russian server and there are many and i mean MANY things you can do solo.

You can spec on your solo build and go kil people in War time and War zones and just be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ to people in every region really.
You can Pirate up undock your ship and just be a lone pirate and rob traders and make profit.
You can explore the massive continents of ArcheAge world and find treasures, hidden content and just be awe of the world
You can find region bosses(most very hard) and kil them.
You do special quests that give special items such as mounths, pets and rare items
You can get on your donkey and trade alone from safe continents to safe cities
Or you can get on your trusty donkey and trade from safe continents to dangerous continents for even more profit
You can build houses
You can build farms
You can do world events

And there is alot more. Im level 40 in the Russian server and i love it. I mostly play solo and at times with guildies for boss hunting and pirating/trading. There is alot for a solo player to do.

Sweet. That's what I plan on doing. being solo, but have a guild as well.

Can you elaborate on the safe/dangerous continents. I don't understand how the profit works with that. Are you selling to NPCs or players?

xDrac
03-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Can you elaborate on the safe/dangerous continents. I don't understand how the profit works with that. Are you selling to NPCs or players?
As far as I remember, you hand your packages to certain NPCs, who, depending on location and distance (?) give varying profits from handing them your goods/packages.

Strana
03-21-2014, 04:08 PM

You can do most things solo, but it will be at a slower pace than a group can do.

Tres
03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
As far as I remember, you hand your packages to certain NPCs, who, depending on location and distance (?) give varying profits from handing them your goods/packages.

This is correct there are NPC's that you can hand into. Depending on where you start different npc's will have different payouts for your goods when you successfully arrive to them.

Tuckrain
03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
there are NPCs in most major towns (1 per area) where you can trade in your trade packages, the price varies on distance from where you built that package, if its a safe zone or war zone and how mutch of that specific trade good was sold (the rate starts at 130% and goes down the more is sold to the npc)

Preacher
03-21-2014, 04:13 PM
You are crafting different trade goods depending on a region you are in. To get Delphi Stars/Gold for them you need to transport them to sell to different zones. The further away you go - the more the reward.

Some areas on your starting continent are safe areas, where you cannot be attacked (enemy players still can be attacked). Transporting goods between safe areas is little lucrative but safe. Transporting them to dangerous zones on your continent gives more rewards. Sailing them across the ocean and selling at enemy continent even more. Sailing to Freedom isle gives max reward.

Zones on continents switch between alert1-4/war/peace periods. At peace period, you can travell through them without fear of pvp (meaning you can wait for peace and then transfer goods). Sea and Freedom Isle however are always a warzone, so is northern continent.

Tobi
03-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Say you are a Nuian character(human). That means western continent and that means you are friendly with other western races which are the elves. You can trade from the human cities trough the western maps to elf cities and elf maps which is a safe zone for you. That will give you a profit trading from one citie to another.

And then there is the eastern continent the other factions which are the furrys and chinamans. They dont like you and they will kil you if they get the chance to. You can trade from the western continent(safe for humans/elves) to the eastern continent which is a danger zone and is a longer trading route which is more dangerous. But the reward is greater.

Trading from a western map to another western map usealy gives 50-56% profit. This is the safe trading
Trading from a western map to a eastern map usealy gives more 90-100%++. Its dangerous

And vice versa for other races.

Silvow
03-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Love doing things solo also, sometimes i feel like a grinding machine, and just want to kill some mobs whole day :P

Tuckrain
03-21-2014, 04:16 PM
the rates are allways 130% and go down the more is sold to that npc, its just that some packages/routes give more profit than others =)

Blue
03-21-2014, 04:17 PM

The safest continent to yourself would be the home continent to you're race. The Elves and Nuian's for the Western Continent and the Firran and Harrani for the Eastern Continent!
If you're a Elf, the Eastern Continent would be you're main place to trade, which to answer you're next question, would be too specific located NPC's.
In you're own continent however, there will be areas where a "Warzone" is active. Unless the warzone is in Truce Time ( Specific amount of time where fighting cannot take place ) enemies can kill you on sight, so be wary!
For further details on Trading, check out this (http://archeagesource.com/topic/1967-trade-routes-the-risky-road-to-fame-and-fortune/) amazing guide on AAS!

aphelion
03-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Is melee viable in this game?

I've seen some people say melee doesn't work as well, and others say it's fine. Please share any experiences you have with PvP (or PvE) and melee builds.

Thanks!

KeksX
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Melee is viable on small-scale PvP as well as solo PvP, especially against cloth-users. In larger scale PvP you really have to make it work by picking fights outside of the larg blobs, otherwise you will have a hard time.

xDrac
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM

I've seen some people say melee doesn't work as well, and others say it's fine. Please share any experiences you have with PvP (or PvE) and melee builds.

Thanks!
Definitely viable! I remember one or two shotting people as a meele build. It is fairly viable, provided you know how to use it.
Also, there's a fair amount of gap closers to help you closing in on distance in PvP

Tres
03-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Definitely viable! I remember one or two shotting people as a meele build. It is fairly viable, provided you know how to use it.
Also, there's a fair amount of gap closers to help you closing in on distance in PvP

Gonna mimic this i ran a fairly light build on Korea focusing on Warfare/Finesse tree's and operated just fine.

Dio
03-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Nice guide http://feature.mmosite.com/archeage/game_guide_newbie_tips.shtml

aphelion
03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for all the responses on Melee.

From watching youtube vids, it does seem like people can move around quickly so gap closers are needed. I guess stuns and are roots are important as well, or are they farily easy to break out of?

KeksX
03-21-2014, 06:10 PM
You can definitely chainstun people to death, but after the 3rd stun people become immune(or was it the 4th?).

Sweetdeal
03-21-2014, 06:19 PM
I quite not sure about that, but the stuns are enough to kill someone very easy. At least as Melee where you just burst like hell, but once you get CC breaker you can win.

Preacher
03-21-2014, 06:22 PM

Thanks!
Depends on many situations.

PvE? Yes.
Solo PvP? Yes.
Group PvP? Yes.
Sea PvP? Not really.
Mass PvP/Sieges? If you are tank with heal support, otherwise not really.

Mages are quite strong, so are rangers - but melee is viable, especially as nothing forces you to be pure melee as you can either take ranged/magic school as 3rd, or even completely switch class depending on situation.

Sweetdeal
03-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah, we noticed that too, that on Sieges only Range DPS Counts at all. So Range Zerg vs Range Zerg

Jestahr
03-21-2014, 06:44 PM
How instanced is the game?

Are there speech bubbles?

Is there open world PvP with the option to gank/giref if players choose?

KeksX
03-21-2014, 06:45 PM
1)
Not at all except for the instances

2)
Yes

3)
Yes!

aphelion
03-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Depends on many situations.
Mages are quite strong, so are rangers - but melee is viable, especially as nothing forces you to be pure melee as you can either take ranged/magic school as 3rd, or even completely switch class depending on situation.

This one of the things I was wondering about. If you need some kinda backup range powers, or you can be pure melee.

Speaking of class switching (or switching out one of your 3 trees), can this be done on the fly or does it require talking to an NPC?

KeksX
03-21-2014, 06:46 PM
You have to talk to an NPC!

xDrac
03-21-2014, 06:47 PM

1) Not very instanced at all. Very very open.

2) Yes there are

3) Yes, there is!

Preacher
03-21-2014, 06:48 PM
This one of the things I was wondering about. If you need some kinda backup range powers, or you can be pure melee.

Speaking of class switching (or switching out one of your 3 trees), can this be done on the fly or does it require talking to an NPC?

You need to respec your talent points on the fly, but to change skill trees you need to talk to NPC (they are everywhere though, any ressurection shrine), You need to level additional skill trees separately though - you can raise all to max.

Jestahr
03-21-2014, 06:48 PM
1) Not very instanced at all. Very very open.

2) Yes there are

3) Yes, there is!

It's ticking all the boxes :D

ApocaRUFF
03-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Not instances at all. The only time you will find loadscreens is when you're first logging in, making use of a portal/recall skill, or when entering an instances dungeon.

Yes.

Yes, there is. Each continent has several zones that are called "War Zones". These zones have a 5-stage period where anyone can attack each other (even same kingdom, when they enter PK mode), that leads up to a "war" period which gives bonus honor for killing enemies. After the war period, there is a 2 hour truce period where you can no longer attack each other (so people can quest in peace if they want). Also, the sea is Open-PVP as well as it is considered one big war zone. You can attack same-kingdom in any warzone by pressing ctrl + F to enter PK mode. You'll get crime points for doing it, though (if people report the blood stains, that is).

My answers are in bold.

aerelon
03-22-2014, 03:00 AM
this is definitely a game for homesteader who want to build homes garden and explore

Artemisia
03-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Nice reading, two questions here!

1- there's a load of class combinations, but are they really all viable or it's just few good combinations and the rest subpar? Say, I wanna do something hybrid, like dps/support/healing. Would this work or we're better off focusing on one role? I'm a fan of hybrid builds but in many games they don't work well. I'm also particularly referring to pve.

2- when you change class, I know you start the new one from scratch...but say you level one, then switch and switch back to it later on....will your progress be kept or you have to start anew even on the one you had levelled previously?

Taktik
03-22-2014, 04:03 AM
Nice reading, two questions here!

2- when you change class, I know you start the new one from scratch...but say you level one, then switch and switch back to it later on....will your progress be kept or you have to start anew even on the one you had levelled previously?

When you are level 10 than you have opened all three skill trees, so now you can change it to others. Progress will be saved on that level on wich you changed to an other skill tree for example you changed your Heal tree on lvl 15 to a Atack tree, so your Heal tree will be saved on lvl 15 and atack skill will start on lvl 10.

AeonAuron
03-22-2014, 04:18 AM
1- there's a load of class combinations, but are they really all viable or it's just few good combinations and the rest subpar? Say, I wanna do something hybrid, like dps/support/healing. Would this work or we're better off focusing on one role? I'm a fan of hybrid builds but in many games they don't work well. I'm also particularly referring to pve.

Every combination works. But of course there are some viable ones which are really liked by players and being used often.
Tbh you cant be good at all of the 3 roles you listed. Because one skill tree may buff/help the other one and you might want to take it. For example Archer may want to be fast, then he will take Aristry. But of course it is not mandatory, that is why i said every combination will work. :)

Your skill tree will not reset after changing it. It is possible to max out every skill tree at level 50.

Artemisia
03-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Thank you :D
The fact that changing is not so punishing is good, so in case I pick a bad/boring one I can try something else. I'm keeping an eye on Hierophant, which imho sounds bit hybrid, that's why I asked, and I also like healing but having no offense is meh...

Mongo
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I like healing but having no offense is meh...
You should try Apostle, also called Heretic in russian version (dev,will,necr). Great control and anticontrol, good damage, some mobility and, most important, heal. I'm using this build
www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=911111000010010113001011011100000041110110 010001001

NdranC
03-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Can someone explain factions and how they work? I have a couple friends and we all want to play different races when the game comes out. AFAIK Nuian and Elves belong to the western faction and Ferren and Hariharans belong to the eastern faction. Does that mean westerns and eastern kill each other on site like alliance vs horde? Is it possible for different factions to party and quest together?

I've heard about player created factions but sounds like this would be something hard/late game only for us to create.

Jaserion
03-22-2014, 01:38 PM
do i need to join a guild to be able to play and enjoy the game? or solo players will be over-run by pvpers/trolls?

xDrac
03-22-2014, 01:53 PM
do i need to join a guild to be able to play and enjoy the game? or solo players will be over-run by pvpers/trolls?
Welllllll, you can certainly enjoy the game by yourself as well. But you won't be as... lets say "efficient" as if you were playing with a group of people. There really is a lot of group-centric content in ArcheAge and generally speaking, playing in a group grants you a lot of benefits.

Helix
03-22-2014, 02:08 PM
How viable is aoe grinding? It doesn't seam like there is an abundance of AOE, and the spells that are, are on long cool downs.

KeksX
03-22-2014, 02:11 PM
How viable is aoe grinding? It doesn't seam like there is an abundance of AOE, and the spells that are, are on long cool downs.
Very viable, at least pre 1.0. I used a Zombie Build(Magic/Death/Devotion) to farm money and mounts, it basically involved pullling a ton of mobs and killing them with AoEs while healing myself constantly. With good equip you can pull a ton!

As for leveling with that kind of stuff, you get most good skills later on so sadly it's not that viable.

Chernobog
03-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Can someone explain factions and how they work? I have a couple friends and we all want to play different races when the game comes out. AFAIK Nuian and Elves belong to the western faction and Ferren and Hariharans belong to the eastern faction. Does that mean westerns and eastern kill each other on site like alliance vs horde? Is it possible for different factions to party and quest together?

I've heard about player created factions but sounds like this would be something hard/late game only for us to create.

Hey NdranC,
I hate to use the WoW reference, but it is easiest to explain...
your assumption is correct. If trion keeps the factions race locked, you and your friends will have to choose races from the 2 races on whichever continent you decide. So either Nuian and Elves or Ferren and Hariharans.

It technically is possible... but only once you all get kicked out of your factions and become pirate faction. You could then create a guild and invite any other Pirate faction player regardless of race. However, as pirate faction stands right now, it is not worth it. Too many downsides, not enough or really any benefit. So this is not recommended. Its also an "endgame" feature. as you'd be in constant PVP mode and would need to be at max lvl to make it even remotely viable.

Hope this has helped.
Cherno.

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Can I make a duel wielding Apostle?

Chernobog
03-23-2014, 05:10 AM
Can I make a duel wielding Apostle?

Well yes. The whole idea is you can do whatever you would like to do. However, the question isn't whether you can do something; its whether the thing you want to do is actually viable.

Im assuming you'd want to dual wield one handed staff? If I were going to go one handed route, I'd go staff and shield.

But of course that's entirely up to you, and players opinions on that matter will vary greatly from player to player.

Sweetdeal
03-23-2014, 05:11 AM
About Faction:

You can learn the Language of the other Faction and if you done that, there is a Betrayer Quest where you can swap the Faction. Not sure if this quest is in, but Languages are in for sure :)

PS: Yes you can Dual Wield APostle, you can also do 2H Apostel etc. everything ;)

Voom
03-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Which Classes are weapon/equipment restricted?

For Example:
I know for Healing, you need to wield a Staff.
Magic users wear Cloth.

What is the extend of these requirements? If you made a self-healing tank, can you still wear Plate armor? Is Melee with Staff Viable?
Likewise could you make a Plate-wearing Battle Mage? Who melees and casts?
Artistry uses an Instrument, does that mean you can't use a weapon?

Braiking07
03-23-2014, 08:18 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for your effort on answering questions. I was going to ask one but it has already been asked and answered.

Thanks again.

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm looking to go sword and staff like Gandalf

What I really want is a nasty dps/heals/cc build ir any build that is a good ninja/assasination build good for pkking. And by that I mean hunting player killers.

aphelion
03-23-2014, 09:54 AM

You just want to say "You shall not pass!" ;)

KeksX
03-23-2014, 09:56 AM
@Voom:
Armor and Gear restrictions are really loose. You can wear anything and make it viable, although the classics are best.

However with magic/phys its strict. If you want to maximize damage, pick staffs/melee weapons accordingly.

In 1.0, they iintroduced "Healing Power" which you get by hammers, so if you want to focus on healing, a staff will not suffice anymore.

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 10:42 AM
@Voom:
Armor and Gear restrictions are really loose. You can wear anything and make it viable, although the classics are best.

However with magic/phys its strict. If you want to maximize damage, pick staffs/melee weapons accordingly.

In 1.0, they iintroduced "Healing Power" which you get by hammers, so if you want to focus on healing, a staff will not suffice anymore.

What's a good assasination/cc/stealth build?

KeksX
03-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Singletarget / Melee? If yes, then the Predator. Warfare / Finesse / Defense(trying to use the new names...)

KeepLightning
03-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Hey guys whats up ? First of all, sorry if im going to ask something that was already answered here but im at work at the moment and i need to write this ASAP.
Well, yes, im a complete noob respecting ArcheAge.

Now, knowing that, my question:
I have seen in other topics how important and how quickly all the houses spots will be taken ASA the game gets released in either CBT or OBT, blah blah.
So my doubt is, is this important to rush for a house ? How can i build mine ? and in general; somebody can explain me how this house system works in full detail ?
Imagine im a 3 years old child willing to learn about this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: If theres other important thing like houses and you have time to explain it to me, it would be great. I suppose the rest can wait, im only worried about houses because of the rush thing. I dont wanna lose all the land.

xDrac
03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey guys whats up ? First of all, sorry if im going to ask something that was already answered here but im at work at the moment and i need to write this ASAP.
Well, yes, im a complete noob respecting ArcheAge.

Now, knowing that, my question:
I have seen in other topics how important and how quickly all the houses spots will be taken ASA the game gets released in either CBT or OBT, blah blah.
So my doubt is, is this important to rush for a house ? How can i build mine ? and in general; somebody can explain me how this house system works in full detail ?
Imagine im a 3 years old child willing to learn about this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: If theres other important thing like houses and you have time to explain it to me, it would be great. I suppose the rest can wait, im only worried about houses because of the rush thing. I dont wanna lose all the land.

Well, while I won't really be able to answer your question in full detail - simply because I never bothered getting a full house during the time I played the game... But I'd say it is kind of important to secure yourself a spot of land that you can use to safely place things down at. Because, well, if you do not and later on won't be able to find a spot anymore, you'll have to live with the risk of things getting stolen if you plant them down somewhere (should you choose to do so in the first place).

And since there are specific pre-determined zones that you can place scarecrows/houses in, these might get crowded relatively quickly.

As far as I remember, you can buy yourself a blueprint for a house, which will let you put down your "house template" somewhere on claimable land. However you will need tons of materials to actually build and finish your house. I do not know the specific amounts though, neither do I really remember with what currency you bought your house blueprint. But yeah, getting said blue-print is just half the work done. Also, the same goes for scarecrows and the likes.

Helix
03-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Is playing a "pure healer" viable, or is it just another way to get cc spammed to death with ?

KeksX
03-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Definitely viable and a lot of fun!

Maquiame
03-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Singletarget / Melee? If yes, then the Predator. Warfare / Finesse / Defense(trying to use the new names...)

And multitarget cc and dps?

Sekkusu
03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Is playing a "pure healer" viable, or is it just another way to get cc spammed to death with ?

It is viable but hard to lvl up without a grp. Alternatively, you can heal a lot with the healing tree but still have some decent clear time with an offensive spec. You can have up to 3 specs so just tinker around until you find a build that suits you.

Jaserion
03-23-2014, 04:42 PM
1. are there warfronts?
2. can you level your character with just pvp?

Sekkusu
03-23-2014, 07:59 PM
1. are there warfronts?

You gain no exp from pvping, only honor points which is used as a currency for specific items.

Arenim
03-24-2014, 02:11 AM
1. are there warfronts?
No.

No. This is not "pure-pvp" game like warhammer. You MUST exp, quest, farm, craft A LOT and only AFTER it You'll grow enogh for pvp.

Ruvian
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
How are the auction houses handled? Are they local or global? Also, do houses contain "banks" or "vaults" that are global or are they localized? Thanks you!

Cranks
03-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Curious to know how much of the game the fan made English patch covers? Looking to give the RU beta a shot.

Tarre
03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
How are the auction houses handled? Are they local or global? Also, do houses contain "banks" or "vaults" that are global or are they localized? Thanks you!

Servers are combined into groups of 3. Each of those group has it's own Auction house, ie you can sell your sword to guy on other server and that sword will have a mark with your name ("Master - Ruvian") and your server (Server - Behemoth or whatever). Item will keep its master's name even if sold to native server although it wont have a server mark.

You can buy and put a "Chest" or "Large chest" in your house to store items. It can be shared to family, guild or everyone. Chest is accessible only from your house but general warehouse is available at special npc globally.

LuckyLucky
03-25-2014, 07:50 PM

1. There are one auction house for each 3 servers.
2. Banks in game are personal for each character. Max 100 slots (npc). But u can buy chest for ur house (30\50 slots)

Krogger
04-03-2014, 12:15 PM
bump for people who still have questions or can read for questions already answered :)

nguyennk91
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM

auction house is global (which is a bad idea in my opinion - easier to get deflation from flood of item from all over the server)

bank is global for your "character", while chest is shared (you can set chest as owner only and your other char on the same account can still use it)

Sweetdeal
04-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Hope they remove Auction House, they implemented it for statistics and users said: Keep it! Thats how it got to the game, sadly lol :)

nguyennk91
04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
ya .. i would love the idea of player market more ... set up stall and stuff .. like a real market :/
but well not to discuss in this thread X) off topic :D

reighnman
04-03-2014, 01:19 PM
I asked this on the Q&A:

If your house is placed in a pvp zone how does combat work? Can people enter your yard regardless of security settings, attack you while you stand inside if you're visible? Or do you have to shut the door so they can't see you or can't follow you in? (like uo).

Can you attack out your window? ;)

KeksX
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
There is obstacle detection, so theoratically you could shoot out of the window if it's low enough. You can also close the door so they can not attack you, but area-specific AoEs(the ones you cast on the ground instead of a player) affect you even through walls!

AeonAuron
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Once i was sleeping in my house on my bed, windows were open. When i came back to check the game... I was dead :(

quazimon
04-03-2014, 01:34 PM
if somebody have questions - just ask ;)

Laxus
04-03-2014, 02:46 PM
The big thing i want to know, i havent looked any videos yet. How is the combat system, is it click-target or do you have to aim it?

Toy Fuzion
04-03-2014, 03:00 PM
How do permissions on a house work? As someone who wants to have a public venue for events and roleplay, it's important that I can open the house to the public, but read somewhere that if your house is public, people can steal your stuff? Is there a way around this? How many people can go on your friend's list on a house? Is there a ban list too? Can you ban people from a public-set house? Do I have to worry about thieves stealing from my house in safe areas?

Do alts have automatic access to houses? Or do you need to make them family? Are there lots more taxes involved in making alts and friends family?

Thanks for any replies!

Harley
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM
The big thing i want to know, i havent looked any videos yet. How is the combat system, is it click-target or do you have to aim it?

ArcheAge has a tab-targeting system, like combat in WoW. However there are certain skills that you will have to "aim" in the right direction like the tidal wave in the "Witchcraft/Conjury" tree which will take effect directly in front of whatever direction your character is facing.

I like it, although the tab targeting seems to put priority on targeting NPC mobs instead of enemy players. Might be easier to just click the enemy in that case :)

Krogger
04-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Hope they remove Auction House, they implemented it for statistics and users said: Keep it! Thats how it got to the game, sadly lol :)

Auction house isnt bad though.. how else are they gonna auction off the item for castle sieges :P

Harley
04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
How do permissions on a house work? As someone who wants to have a public venue for events and roleplay, it's important that I can open the house to the public, but read somewhere that if your house is public, people can steal your stuff? Is there a way around this? How many people can go on your friend's list on a house? Is there a ban list too? Can you ban people from a public-set house? Do I have to worry about thieves stealing from my house in safe areas?

Do alts have automatic access to houses? Or do you need to make them family? Are there lots more taxes involved in making alts and friends family?

Thanks for any replies!

There can be 8 family members max. You can set your house to public/guild/family/private, but you can also set the furniture use as well. I would recommend setting important things like the storage chests to private or family instead of public so people can't just walk in and open it and steal from you (regardless of whether it's a safe zone or not).

Taxes are based off of how much land you own, not how big your family is. There is no ban list for the houses, only those settings I mentioned. As for alts, I am not 100% sure, but I think you need to set them in your family as well.

One interesting thing is that players from opposing factions can still be set in the same family. However, they will probably have a hard time getting to the house if it is in a safe zone for the opposite faction.

cruseyd
04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Also regarding the "auction house" if that's the term for it:

If I am producing some material via mining, farming, whatever, does it have a single market value, or different values depending on from where I sell it. e.g., if I have a bunch of gold that I mined in southern Nuia, would it be advantageous of me to sell it to other players in norther Nuia, where, (suppose) gold is less common? Are regionally confined resources even a thing?

I guess I would really like to know how the economy works in general. I'm an EVE Online vet, and I really enjoyed the trading aspect of that game.

Zohnar
04-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Basic materials that you grow or gather have no set price in any location. You sell these on the auction house which is run by the players. You would wana check the current going rate and decide how much you choose to sell your product for. Its all market manipulation. The auction house is the same for everyone no matter where in the world you are.

The only thing that changes worth based on distance from location is tradepacks. These are special crafted regional goods created from gathered/crafted player goods. Tradepacks you create in 1 location for a bunch of LP and then transport them to another location. The further away the more you can earn.

Damon
04-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Also regarding the "auction house" if that's the term for it:

If I am producing some material via mining, farming, whatever, does it have a single market value, or different values depending on from where I sell it. e.g., if I have a bunch of gold that I mined in southern Nuia, would it be advantageous of me to sell it to other players in norther Nuia, where, (suppose) gold is less common? Are regionally confined resources even a thing?

I guess I would really like to know how the economy works in general. I'm an EVE Online vet, and I really enjoyed the trading aspect of that game.

Regionally confined resources ARE a thing, but auction houses are universal. The price of raw materials such as ore is usually based on the difficulty of procuring said material and the usefulness of said material in crafting (basic supply and demand). Obviously regionally confined resources are harder to procure / have higher competition for said resources so they will sell for more, but anyone can buy your goods from anywhere on the auction house. However, if you decide to take a collection of materials and make a regional product (must be crafted at a certain location within the region) you can then take that pack on your back and trade it elsewhere for gold or another currency called Delphic Stars. The farther you take a trade pack, and the rarer the trade pack, the more currency you get, but the more dangerous it may be.

Toy Fuzion
04-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Thank you for the reply, Harley. :)

Another quick question, how private are houses? When players are inside, can their chat be seen outside of the house? It will be fun to plan sieges and warfare if we have the ability to keep our chat private (from a RPer's perspective).

Gobblepuff
04-03-2014, 11:41 PM

Thanks for any replies!

Alts have automatic access. Also when you add a farm/house with an alt, it's considered additional land on your overall account, so taxes accumulate accordingly.

Devergence
04-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Another quick question, how private are houses? When players are inside, can their chat be seen outside of the house? It will be fun to plan sieges and warfare if we have the ability to keep our chat private (from a RPer's perspective).
Party/raid chat much better.

Toy Fuzion
04-04-2014, 09:18 AM
So chat isn't private in a house? Was curious since we have collusion with objects in the game, if closing all doors and windows create chat privacy, but leaving a door and window open let chat be seen. Would be a neat feature for in-character spying in RP, as well, and adding to immersion.

Another few questions! Thanks for answering so far. The information is greatly appreciated. :)

1. If I end up joining a player nation that's peace with both NPC factions, does my character have freedom to go in all lands?
2. Is it common that a guild with a nation and a castle loses it during sieges?
3. Do all players lose their houses within the castle grounds when a nation loses it's castle in PvP?
4. Does a guild have to have a castle to be a nation?
5. Can a guild become a nation just to gain access to both NPC factions?
6. If I have friends on the opposite NPC faction, can I learn their language and still socialize with them in my house? I guess this goes for alts on the same account too! Can I use one house for opposite-faction characters to store stuff and farm?

Xenoth
04-05-2014, 07:04 AM
So chat isn't private in a house? Was curious since we have collusion with objects in the game, if closing all doors and windows create chat privacy, but leaving a door and window open let chat be seen. Would be a neat feature for in-character spying in RP, as well, and adding to immersion.

Another few questions! Thanks for answering so far. The information is greatly appreciated. :)

1. If I end up joining a player nation that's peace with both NPC factions, does my character have freedom to go in all lands?
3. Do all players lose their houses within the castle grounds when a nation loses it's castle in PvP?
6. If I have friends on the opposite NPC faction, can I learn their language and still socialize with them in my house? I guess this goes for alts on the same account too! Can I use one house for opposite-faction characters to store stuff and farm?

I haven't heard anything about player nations. Did I miss something?

1. You cannot be in peace with both factions, I don't think. And you are free to go to any land, but you'll probably get killed.

6. It doesn't matter where you are. As long as you know your friend's language and he/she knows yours, you can talk to them. I believe the house belongs to one character, but if you are able to add your alt to family and make your house family use... I am not sure if that works for opposite faction characters.

Krogger
04-05-2014, 10:17 AM

Pre 1) Unfortunately housing doesnt work like that. As long as you are talking in normal chat anyone close to u can see the chat no matter what.

1)Can't give u a definite answer on this seeing as no guilds that i have seen were at peace with both nations as this limits ur guild to no pk without repercussions (gaining alot of criminal points and getting sent to jail) especially when u need to fight for bosses etc.

2) It is possible for a guild to lose its Nation after losing their castle but its not instant. You pretty much have a time window until the next siege ends to reclaim your castle and save your nation,failing to reclaim it will cause u to lose your player made faction unfortunately.

3)If you lose your castle , all houses within that land can be destroyed by the new owners if they like or they can leave your house there and tax u alot for keeping it there. The choice is in their hands.

4)Yes u have to have a castle to become a nation . One of the MANY expensive steps needed to create one .

5) Yes but please refer to points 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 above.The player made factions were basically made so that friends from each faction would be able to join the same guild and have fun with each other, among other things.

6)The language barrier is more or less for communicating to npcs on the opposite faction, i have had no problems having a pm war against a east guy who was angry at me when i pked him during my stay on the korean servers lol.

Peter
04-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Well yes. The whole idea is you can do whatever you would like to do. However, the question isn't whether you can do something; its whether the thing you want to do is actually viable.

Im assuming you'd want to dual wield one handed staff? If I were going to go one handed route, I'd go staff and shield.

But of course that's entirely up to you, and players opinions on that matter will vary greatly from player to player.

What I really want is a nasty dps/heals/cc build ir any build that is a good ninja/assasination build good for pkking. And by that I mean hunting player killers.

I didn't read through every post but I want to mention that you can't duel wield 1h staves. You can only use them with a shield.

YOLO
04-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Q: Best place for a house in front of the Ocean on top of a hill? A place I can sit outside and watch the sunset or glide into the night with the ocean below me.

Peter
04-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Q: Best place for a house in front of the Ocean on top of a hill? A place I can sit outside and watch the sunset or glide into the night with the ocean below me.

You may find it difficult to get people to give you that info, since we'll be fighting for the best space shortly after release. Though there is no shortage of coastal land to build a home.

Xenoth
04-05-2014, 12:57 PM

The best place for a house is one near the see. So that it will be easy for you to carry packs to another continent. But the idea of watching sunset is also a plus.

NYS
04-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Are there multiple sets of "ability bars" or "quickslot trays" (whatever people are calling them these days) ?

I know that in Rift there are around 10 that players can switch through. In FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, I liked to have a separate section for emote actions. In the videos/screenshots I've seen I can't tell if there is something like this in ArcheAge.

Legion
04-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Are there multiple sets of "ability bars" or "quickslot trays" (whatever people are calling them these days) ?

I know that in Rift there are around 10 that players can switch through. In FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, I liked to have a separate section for emote actions. In the videos/screenshots I've seen I can't tell if there is something like this in ArcheAge.

There is 1 standart quickslot tray on 12 slots and 6 additional quickslot tray on 6 slots each

Fook
04-07-2014, 11:55 AM

If you are referring to how many different preset saved hotbars you can have, I believe that you can switch between 4 different saved hotbar combinations.

xDrac
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Hummm..... I was wondering lately. Would I be able to grab the Ferre mount despite being Nuian?
I believe I dimly remember enemies using the elven mount when I played in Korea... I think!

Legion
04-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Hummm..... I was wondering lately. Would I be able to grab the Ferre mount despite being Nuian?
I believe I dimly remember enemies using the elven mount when I played in Korea... I think!

You can take any mount, you just need to know where you can buy them at starting locations =]

xDrac
04-07-2014, 01:45 PM
You can take any mount, you just need to know where you can buy them at starting locations =]
As presumed, splendid!
Thanks for the confirmation!

NYS
04-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Thank you 😏

NYS
04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Yes - thank you 😃

04-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Silly question.. if I sleep in my bed, is there an actual animation of crawling into bed? Or do I just jump onto the bed and type /sleep and lie down?

I like the immersion with housing but I'm curious how far it goes.

AeonAuron
04-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Silly question.. if I sleep in my bed, is there an actual animation of crawling into bed? Or do I just jump onto the bed and type /sleep and lie down?

:D You just press F and interact with the bed and your character will lay down on it. You will only see the "Zzzzz...." letters coming out from your character.

Xenoth
04-08-2014, 04:10 PM

He/she kind of disappears and then appears on the bed. Takes less than a second so it doesn't look that horrible.

auggie246
04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
also never sleep in a public bed, those things are nasty. @_@

Scypher
04-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Are Mages really that OP?

krallang
04-08-2014, 08:30 PM
its rock paper scissors for the types of characters. mage>melee archer>mage melee>archer. Of course gear and player skill are always a factor.

Sargeras
04-09-2014, 12:00 AM
there is a lot of useless builds that 1 vs 1 would be easy to win against them. Some of builds will 99% win if you hit first with combo. Myself played as a mage on Korea PTS, Russian CBT, OBT.
Mage are fun with different build. Some of them can 1 shot most of classes. Some builds for mage are solo OP. But to get fun from this game, you need to be in guild not a solo player. Big different of game style play in solo and mass pvp vs party pvp.

Xenoth
04-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Are Mages really that OP?

OP? Well that wouldn't be the way to describe it. Just like in any (almost any) mmo, mages deal rather impressing damage. Of course then you get the low defense and little hp and so on. But in this game a mage can sacrifice some damage and get enough protection, so it does make them a bit more... universal. But it tends to be similar with other archetypes as well. Tough rogues, archers and weak warriors exist as well. The game is quite balanced if you know how to build your character correctly.

SabrinaNO
04-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Is animation cancelling still available?