PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Yesterday's Removed High-Regrade Items

Scapes
06-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Adventurers,

We'd like to shed light on the few highly-regraded items that were removed yesterday. Our Support Team regularly reviews regrades of epic rarity or higher to confirm they’re being created legitimately. If foul play is detected such as botting or abuses of exploits (the fix for which is being applied in a few hours), the illegitimately-generated items are removed and the related accounts are actioned appropriately.

During the course of the Divine Blessing event, the team noticed some suspicious activity by 63 accounts. We collected the necessary evidence of foul play and permanently banned these accounts during yesterday's maintenance window, removing the items as well.

Why did we wait to address this?
When you're going to raid the bad guys' hideout, you don't broadcast it ahead of time as they'll scatter and hide their stolen booty. We identified our targets and took them out all at once, along with the illegitimately-generated items.

What happens to innocent players who bought a removed item? Is the Auction House safe to use?
Our Game Masters will be returning the gold spent on purchasing the item. If you haven't received this reimbursement by the end of the day tomorrow, be sure to let us know by submitting a help ticket or hitting up our live chat. The Auction House is safe to use and always has been. In situations like this, we make sure that the innocent are unaffected by the actions of the bad guy they unintentionally interacted with.

We have a small game update coming to the servers tomorrow at 1:00 AM GMT for EU (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?202142-ArcheAge-EU-Game-Update-6-19-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)) and at 8:00 AM PDT for NA (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?202141-ArcheAge-NA-Game-Update-6-19-15-at-8-00-AM-PDT-(GMT-7)) which will fix the exploit. While bringing down the game three times in one week is not optimal, this fix is important for the game’s health and should take less than two hours to apply. We'll continue to monitor for further abuses and will communicate if more actions are taken. Thanks for the largely constructive concerns about lost items and patience while we took steps to remove bad guys from the game.

Kino
06-18-2015, 02:24 PM
" permanently banned these accounts during yesterday's maintenance window," get rekt

Unholyness
06-18-2015, 02:26 PM
So...any event that hasn't had issues yet? lol

Nespyr
What about players that bought that weapon and after spend up to 20k gold to craft into tier 5 obsidian? gem and tempering? and trying to regrade with preventive charm?

I hope that everything goes well

Joelle
Awesome, good to hear that people unrelated to the exploit won't be punished and will be reimbursed.

Candazor
06-18-2015, 02:28 PM
THank you scapes for this. This is really good to hear, especially that the people will get their gold back

Waysted
06-18-2015, 02:29 PM
What about the people who bought an item and then used their own destruction prevention charms, gold, and lucky sunpoints to regrade the item further? Are those being refunded as well?

Arialun
06-18-2015, 02:31 PM
When you're going to raid the bad guys' hideout, you don't broadcast it ahead of time as they'll scatter and hide their stolen booty. We identified our targets and took them out all at once, along with the illegitimately-generated items.

I see that Trion are being careful this time in order to catch the 'big fish'. 63 suspicious accounts are quite a lot, but nevertheless congratulations on banning them.

As for the 'legit' buyer who lost their weapon you should stop worrying about it. Give Trion some time to reimbursed the appropriate amount of the lost gold.

onix
06-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Can I get reimbursed too ? You took away my Black Pearl when 1.7 hit and gave me a ♥♥♥♥ty cutter instead :) ... just.. saying..

zazule
06-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Scapes What about the fact some of us bought the weps as T1 then spent our money getting them up to t4-t6, are you going to return to us our salvaged weps too?

SweetMikka
06-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you for taking the time to not only stop the cheating but by trying to prevent the hiding of ill gotten gains by the cheaters. As frustrating as everything can be for the rest of us we appreciate your effort and honesty.

HeeroNaima
06-18-2015, 02:38 PM
thank you scapes for the long awaited update.

noddy2
06-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Can't wait to see the livestream tomorrow...

chocobo
06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Adventurers,

We'd like to shed light on the few highly-regraded items that were removed yesterday. Our Support Team regularly reviews regrades of epic rarity or higher to confirm they’re being created legitimately. If foul play is detected such as botting or abuses of exploits (the fix for which is being applied in a few hours), the illegitimately-generated items are removed and the related accounts are actioned appropriately.

During the course of the Divine Blessing event, the team noticed some suspicious activity by 63 accounts. We collected the necessary evidence of foul play and permanently banned these accounts during yesterday's maintenance window, removing the items as well.

What happens to innocent players who bought a removed item? Is the Auction House safe to use?
Our Game Masters will be returning the gold spent on purchasing the item. If you haven't received this reimbursement by the end of the day tomorrow, be sure to let us know by submitting a help ticket or hitting up our live chat. The Auction House is safe to use and always has been. In situations like this, we make sure that the innocent are unaffected by the actions of the bad guy they unintentionally interacted with.

We have a small game update coming to the servers tomorrow at 1:00 AM GMT for EU (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?202142-ArcheAge-EU-Game-Update-6-19-15-at-1-00-AM-GMT-(PDT-7)) and at 8:00 AM PDT for NA (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?202141-ArcheAge-NA-Game-Update-6-19-15-at-8-00-AM-PDT-(GMT-7)) which will fix the exploit. While bringing down the game three times in one week is not optimal, this fix is important for the game’s health and should take less than two hours to apply. We'll continue to monitor for further abuses and will communicate if more actions are taken. Thanks for the largely constructive concerns about lost items and patience while we took steps to remove bad guys from the game.

Will admit, I was annoyed at the no response or whatnot. But I give respect where respect is due. Nice job on fixing it and I'm glad to hear that people will be getting refunded. I was worried about how this would be handled but including the defrauding, honor exploit and this you've handled things very well.

Arialun
06-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Can't wait to see the livestream tomorrow...

Pretty sure the Twitch chat will be filled with charmgate, divinegate and all kinds of -gate hashtag.

noddy2
06-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure the Twitch chat will be filled with charmgate, divinegate and all kinds of -gate hashtag.

hashtags for the rowdy, pitchfork waving crowd...

Besides, it's Mythic-gate... anything else just isn't exploiting hard enough!

Scapes
06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
What about players that bought that weapon and after spend up to 20k gold to craft into tier 5 obsidian? gem and tempering? and trying to regrade with preventive charm?

I hope that everything goes well

While the gold reimbursement covers the purchase cost of the item, players will be able to reach out to our Game Masters to detail additional gold/goods they invested into the item that was removed. They'll investigate and reimburse further based on the item history.

Dremlock
06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
63 accounts. That's quite a few. I wonder how many ppl are associated with those accounts. Like 5 or so with 12 accounts each?

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Scapes What about the fact some of us bought the weps as T1 then spent our money getting them up to t4-t6, are you going to return to us our salvaged weps too?

You would most likely need to contact live support in order to get those reimbursed. Considering the fact they want to make it all good with the innocent parties, I doubt they will just leave you hanging.

Yes, but this might not be the case. If you remember the honor exploit, it took them days to research and finalize their findings regarding who had exploited. And during those days, they had banned people. This may be a case wherein they removed the item until they can verify it is legitimate or not. Though until a proper fix can be deployed, they have chosen to remain quiet. Though given the track record of this company, we may never know.

If in case this was a legit item, I hope the OP does get their item back. Otherwise, if it is not legitimate on the OP's side, then good job removing such items.

People just need to be a little more patient.

Godiva
06-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Just a quick thankyou from a player that used the event to get all armor to arcane ^^

We do exist...

Dremlock
06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Just a quick thankyou from a player that used the event to get all armor to arcane ^^

We do exist...

damn bro...

I know about the struggle, but that is... damn.

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
And while I'm at it, please look into this ticket (Request #208264), as it pertains to a group and guilds that deals with RMT. I'm giving this a few days before I'll make it public.

It's been almost a week now and these players are still in game. Hope that these people will be actioned on sooner rather than later.

SomeoneWhoCares
06-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Adventurers,

Our Support Team regularly reviews regrades of epic rarity or higher to confirm they’re being created legitimately.

Does this mean if people used the exploit and didn't push it past divine, they get a free pass? Much like the APEX dupers and honor exploiters that only abused the system a "little".

Roark24601
06-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Awesome work. Hope there weren't too many who got away with this.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
It's been almost a week now and these players are still in game. Hope that these people will be actioned on sooner rather than later.

Will light a fire under it, thanks for the tip.

Godiva
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
its sis..

and I found that step the hardest. Now at heroic/unique and happy..

Scapes
06-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Does this mean if people used the exploit and didn't push it past divine, they get a free pass? Much like the APEX dupers and honor exploiters that only abused the system a "little".

No sir, not at all. We do take note when an item reaches that rarity level or above but we absolutely monitor and action behavior before it reaches that point as well. As for your two examples, all APEX that were illegitimately generated had to be repurchased to regain account access and anything that qualified as an "abuse" of the honor bug had very serious repercussions.

Delaque
06-18-2015, 03:00 PM

Can you light a fire under this request # 181257 since it pertains to the same thing weapon lost due to an exploiter

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 03:01 PM

My guess is, the exploit for the unbreakable charm was only for celestial+. The only way for them to really tell, is to have the accounts flagged if more than 1 "unbreakable charm" was used.

Thanks, I have another list to send in once those have been actioned on.

Dirtyredz
06-18-2015, 03:03 PM
GG Trion glad to hear you guys are actively monitoring the situation. I hope all legitament purchase of these exploited items get their goods/gold back as scapes has said. I would petition to you scapes to removes the forums/accounts of the individuals who got banned to also be removed from the forums.

Delaque
06-18-2015, 03:04 PM
My guess is, the exploit for the unbreakable charm was only for celestial+. The only way for them to really tell, is to have the accounts flagged if more than 1 "unbreakable charm" was used.

Hard to flag accounts when how they did it wasnt actually using the charm check reddit

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:05 PM
I would petition to you scapes to removes the forums/accounts of the individuals who got banned to also be removed from the forums.

Already done.

MagnumMack
While the gold reimbursement covers the purchase cost of the item, players will be able to reach out to our Game Masters to detail additional gold/goods they invested into the item that was removed. They'll investigate and reimburse further based on the item history.

This is the kind of response we always hope to see from Trion.

Not just the first post, but this second post addressing additional ripples in the situation. It's complexity is being addressed.

So, having seen this thread, it seems like there's some hope and legitimacy for this company. Reactions are being managed reasonably. Now, prevention should be the main focus. PTS could be useful in testing out these events. More work done studying how to prevent these issues. I didn't like this event in the format it was provided. Those gems are more of a hassle than they were worth. We can't wind back the clock to remove them from play, but with all the polarizing conversation about them, I would like to think learned from the experience as Trion seems to be learning from the sullied history from this game's release unto now.

And here I was saying I was quitting today. Maybe I'll just make is a speculative leap of absence as I watch how things go.

Castornexus

Hello,

How about those teleport trade pack exploiters and the gold they sold on market ?

Are those are fixed as well yet ?

Thanks!

Dirtyredz
Already done.

Thanks!! much appreciated and the rest of the community will agree with me on this aswell. THANKS

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Can you light a fire under this request # 181257 since it pertains to the same thing weapon lost due to an exploiter

Will look into it. Be sure to reply to the latest update you got from our Support Team about it, it will refresh the ticket as unresolved.

Nisel
06-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you Scapes, appreciate the update and a very good stance of reimbursement and punishment.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
How about those teleport trade pack exploiters and the gold they sold on market ?

While this is a separate topic, we do have improvements in our fight against botting coming. More details in tomorrow's livestream.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Maybe I'll just make is a speculative leap of absence as I watch how things go.

Hope to win you back and soon.

Bluefox
06-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Thank you so much, i was so afraid of loosing two months of traderuns and coinpurse farming :/. Thank you.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Awesome work. Hope there weren't too many who got away with this.

Our investigations were comprehensive but we are continuing to monitor for any stragglers.

zazule
06-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I went into live chat and i was told to put in a ticket to appeals? is that right scapes? and thanks for answering the questions.

Nespyr
06-18-2015, 03:17 PM
@Scapes
If i gave to a friends my "No-legit" obsidian katana plus Salvaged weapons only to craft into T5 (because he had 100k weaponry and the weapon could proc to leg), u can check/track and refound everything to me?
You are able to refound Preventive charm+ Lucky Sunpoint? in case i used a charm of friend of mine too? and every tempering flux: weapon i used?

4jacks
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM

Thank You!

BillyBob
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM
What about us that bought these items and used non destruct charms on them already. Will be be returned out non destruct charms, lucky sunpoints and the gold cost to attempt the regrade?

Delaque
06-18-2015, 03:25 PM
What about us that bought these items and used non destruct charms on them already. Will be be returned out non destruct charms, lucky sunpoints and the gold cost to attempt the regrade?

Scapes said this on Reddit
[–]_Scapes_Senior Community Manager[S] 5 points 41 minutes ago

Orihara Izaya
06-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Awesome work Scapes, but out of curiosity did the patch fix this problem as well? http://i.imgur.com/vTlaU7w.jpg (People using merchant purses to regrade). Saw this thread on reddit earlier today.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:30 PM
I went into live chat and i was told to put in a ticket to appeals? is that right scapes? and thanks for answering the questions.

Depending on the request, an appeal ticket may be the best route, yep.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:30 PM
@Scapes
If i gave to a friends my "No-legit" obsidian katana plus Salvaged weapons only to craft into T5 (because he had 100k weaponry and the weapon could proc to leg), u can check/track and refound everything to me?
You are able to refound Preventive charm+ Lucky Sunpoint? in case i used a charm of friend of mine too? and every tempering flux: weapon i used?

Our Game Masters will look at your weapon history and refund accordingly, be sure to enter an appeal ticket.

BillyBob
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Lets hope your GM's take the time to refund all the cost involved and the charms. Instead of just hurrying u and not do their homework.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Lets hope your GM's take the time to refund all the cost involved and the charms. Instead of just hurrying u and not do their homework.

As Delaque quoted, the refund is just for the gold used to purchase the item. Any additional losses will need to be reported as an appeal ticket to our Support Team but they will investigate and refund accordingly.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Awesome work Scapes, but out of curiosity did the patch fix this problem as well?

Yes, it did.

Rondache
06-18-2015, 03:38 PM
So...any event that hasn't had issues yet? lol
Yeah, this one.

The issue wasn't with the event, it was with the players. Events don't exploit, players do.

Nespyr
06-18-2015, 03:43 PM
alredy did, hope they solve this soon ^^

Aschbringer
06-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Solved well. Got to admit i expected a worse "solution" espacially when u are looking at the past.

But nonetheless respect to Scapes and Trion.

The thing i am more dissapointed everytime are the players exploiting every inch of this game and Trion has the task to always lecture the playerbase like little kids. Its sad.

Delaque
06-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Solved well. Got to admit i expected a worse "solution" espacially when u are looking at the past.

But nonetheless respect to Scapes and Trion.

The thing i am more dissapointed everytime are the players exploiting every inch of this game and Trion has the task to always lecture the playerbase like little kids. Its sad.

Yes this one seems to be being handled better than the honor exploit everyone was kinda punished in that one if they didnt even do anything

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 03:50 PM

Awesome work Scapes, but out of curiosity did the patch fix this problem as well? http://i.imgur.com/vTlaU7w.jpg (People using merchant purses to regrade). Saw this thread on reddit earlier today.

Yes, it did.

Starting to get confused :)

Scapes
06-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Starting to get confused :)

Rather, will. Long day.

Kino
06-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Scapes on a roll today l0l

CaliPark
06-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Great job catching these guys. Thanks.

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Rather, will. Long day.

The day's almost over. Though it might be a good idea to have some messages pop up in game warning players to hold off on buying high end items in case there are more exploiters that will try their hand since not everyone keeps up to date with forums and all. And there are also some people that keep away from faction chat too.

Scapes
06-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Though it might be a good idea to have some messages pop up in game warning players to hold off on buying high end items in case there are more exploiters that will try their hand since not everyone keeps up to date with forums and all. And there are also some people that keep away from faction chat too.

Normally I'd agree but the team was very thorough in their investigations: we do believe we've tagged all the ne'er-do-wells and removed the items in question.

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Our investigations were comprehensive but we are continuing to monitor for any stragglers.

Oh, please do also trace back the items to the original accounts as it's most likely those exploiting are using throwaway accounts.

Edit:

Normally I'd agree but the team was very thorough in their investigations: we do believe we've tagged all the ne'er-do-wells and removed the items in question.

Thanks for the hard work!

Vodevil
06-18-2015, 04:14 PM
@Scapes - What will happen for those of us who did a direct in-game player to player trade for our item that later got removed?
In my case I decided to switch classes and traded my t5 epic bow for a t1 epic obsidian katana + a large "I owe you" to a guildie about a week ago. He bought the katana off the auction house prior to the trade. Now, today, that katana has gone poof out of my inventory...

Bluefox
06-18-2015, 04:18 PM
@Scapes - Since i used my event destruction preventive charms on a weapon that i bought from auction house and got deleted, will i be refunded my divine blessing coins in order to rebuy a charm?

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 04:20 PM
@Scapes - Since i used my event destruction preventive charms on a weapon that i bought from auction house and got deleted, will i be refunded my divine blessing coins in order to rebuy a charm?

Should just need to create a ticket for this.

Mundos
06-18-2015, 04:20 PM
@Scapes , I have played since start and this action was one of the best thing you have done. Thumbs up! Keep the good work going sir.

Kyzen
06-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Good job Trion! :)

Devlinne
06-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Scapes, i have been just logging on and collecting my boxes, not really playing. I've been watching and getting sadder. BUT this action you did has renewed my faith!

Thanks for showing all the naysayers whats what.

This was handled BEAUTIFULLY!:)

MrZombie
06-18-2015, 04:46 PM

you hear that everyone? So it's ok to buy my divine t4 v2 shortspear, pls do, you really dont want it in my hands as prime :S

MrZombie
06-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Scapes, i have been just logging on and collecting my boxes, not really playing. I've been watching and getting sadder. BUT this action you did has renewed my faith!

Thanks for showing all the naysayers whats what.

This was handled BEAUTIFULLY!:)

you seem to not know what this is going to do to the economy. Players that get their gold back are now looking for weapons of similar worth, meaning all the delphi/ayanad are going to get bought up like mad :(

think of it this way:

Same "supply" of gold, more "demand" of weapons, while there is less "supply" of weapons. Personally, I'd hate to be the one that got the weapon deleted and then you have to spend more money on something crappier *shrug* but it's defintely a good thing that Trion deleted those weapons. All the mythics we saw are just waaay overpowered IMO.

xiaodongwuzhijia
06-18-2015, 05:28 PM
you better fix these ♥♥♥♥ things...also permanent ban these hackers or bot farming gold user trion rather than dont give a ♥♥♥♥..

ThePokerPlayer
06-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Scapes, I have to say I like the catching 63 accounts this is a huge thing for the game, it renews a lot of my faith in it. How ever I can see your support team failing really hard with the appeals for upgrading T4-T5 for reimbursement for over the value of the weapon purchased and so on. I had a ticket go un answered for 2 months. This was just one case I have put in several for different things. Any Ticket I have put in has taking longer than a week to get resolved. Is there an plan installed to Help your support team respond faster to this larger issue?

Sereion
06-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Wow good job Trion!! I'm so happy to read all this!!

This will shut up lots of mouths in my server (Shatigon EU) that were calling me exploiter because I was able to regrade my ayanad staff to legendary... and now I tell to them:

You see!!? Unlike your dirty and envious mind may think, some of us still play legit!!

Sharon
06-18-2015, 05:55 PM
As much as I appreciate Trion dealing with this newest exploit, wouldn't it make more sense to patch the game BEFORE you install it here? Players clearly were aware of it before it hit NA. Why couldn't Trion know as well? It would really take a lot less time I think. And now their customer service staff are so busy with this problem that they're ignoring older, lower priority tickets.

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 06:03 PM
you seem to not know what this is going to do to the economy. Players that get their gold back are now looking for weapons of similar worth, meaning all the delphi/ayanad are going to get bought up like mad :(

think of it this way:

Same "supply" of gold, more "demand" of weapons, while there is less "supply" of weapons. Personally, I'd hate to be the one that got the weapon deleted and then you have to spend more money on something crappier *shrug* but it's defintely a good thing that Trion deleted those weapons. All the mythics we saw are just waaay overpowered IMO.

In actuality, 1 less player also means 1-2 less weapons, 7 less equips and any other accessories. Basically it's just 1 less player and the equips he needs. So those buying weapons will just meet the same demand they would have if that 1 player never sold his illegitimate weapon. Remember, they didn't just delete weapons, they also banned accounts. So it evens out in the long run.

Shuzzah
06-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Hmmmmm

http://i.imgur.com/GMqa9UO.jpg

MrZombie
06-18-2015, 06:21 PM
In actuality, 1 less player also means 1-2 less weapons, 7 less equips and any other accessories. Basically it's just 1 less player and the equips he needs. So those buying weapons will just meet the same demand they would have if that 1 player never sold his illegitimate weapon. Remember, they didn't just delete weapons, they also banned accounts. So it evens out in the long run.

yeah but you do realize it's only 60 something accounts, right? while hundreds of weapons were deleted... I mean you don't seriously think that those 60 accounts just did 1 weapon each and called it a day, do you? And i seriously doubt that these 60 accounts were all "unique people" per se. More than likely it's a handful of people that had alts/etc.

p.s. 60 accounts across NA/EU just means that only a few people on each server were banned for this. I don't doubt Trion's thoroughness, but it really is a tiny number of people compared to the overall population and the number of epic/legendaries/mythics we saw

Jinsky
06-18-2015, 06:28 PM
yeah but you do realize it's only 60 something accounts, right? while hundreds of weapons were deleted... I mean you don't seriously think that those 60 accounts just did 1 weapon each and called it a day, do you? And i seriously doubt that these 60 accounts were all "unique people" per se. More than likely it's a handful of people that had alts/etc.

Please show me proof of there being hundreds of high tier weapons being deleted? Did you see hundreds of epic+ weapons on your server being made? How many of those were done via exploit? There are obviously people who did get their items via legitimate means as well. Jumping to conclusions without proper basis is just hearsay. Do also remember, that the regrade chance isn't always a success. And it's also limited by the number of lucky sunpoints or resplendent weapon regrade scrolls.

BlooDEvil
06-18-2015, 06:48 PM
That explain why Salphira crashed like 10 times in past 2-3 days!

failgaming
06-18-2015, 06:51 PM
can we get a day push back so that the update does not mess with the labor event. also you should be offering reimbursement to the players who couldn't get there coins due to the fact you had servers down for 3 hours everyday this week.

Lycefur
06-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Can I get reimbursed too ? You took away my Black Pearl when 1.7 hit and gave me a ♥♥♥♥ty cutter instead :) ... just.. saying..

So true, but there where more mythics created than black pearls,we arent important enough, so even with a forum thread of 60 pages with 20k views full of suggestions they wont do anything.

MonolithD
06-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Adventurers,

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/6/69534/2614626-0548503773-dhMeA.gif

Great job! Many thanks!

Gank4Fun
06-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Well, the players buying lots of other stuff instead of charms or hording their charms have gone away.
Thanks for that, Scapes :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOEKsQVvqfM

LoginIsBroken
06-19-2015, 01:07 AM
Thank you for taking care of the legit players and banning those cheaters

maggot
06-19-2015, 03:05 AM
What's about the regrading of those items, u bought epic and used unbreakable charm on it, what's with those?

CptNemo
06-19-2015, 04:00 AM
Awesome. \o/

Arialun
06-19-2015, 04:12 AM
What's about the regrading of those items, u bought epic and used unbreakable charm on it, what's with those?

Scapes already answered this on page 1.

erevos
06-19-2015, 04:30 AM
i just log in to say : THANK YOU !! GOOD JOB HUNTING CHEATERS

Ashrahm
06-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Just wondering was any of this type of behavior noticed with Ship parts?

Hzlchua
06-19-2015, 07:34 AM
i am currently waiting for my last coin., racing with the upcoming maintenance clock.., i hope this goes legendary... my weapon is bounded so i guess it wont be taken away., please bless me RNGesus and @scapes. ^_^:rolleyes:

THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY PLAYING THIS GAME!., ITS AWESOME HERE!

EDIT

NOTHING HAPPENED on my attempt at regrade lol!

still thanks to @scapes for doing a great job! haha!

Aserghui
06-19-2015, 08:05 AM

Scapes, mad respect if y'all uphold this end of the deal

Golden Gonzo
06-19-2015, 08:05 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nucklehead
06-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Good job guys, good to know something is being done about these pesky exploiters. This game still has some hope left after all. Hopefully some more players get back, Kyrios is getting a bit lonely.

Atika
06-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Adventurers,

So tell me please? Why is it you can fix this so fast, but can not fix the castle EXPLOIT? Yes I said exploit. Only reason you say its not is because of your delay to fix it. You have known about it sense beta at the very least last summer and "YOU" still let it happen. Worst part is it can happen again before you update on Tuesday. Your priorities are at the least shocking. This time I did not lose my land. However its along time between now and Tuesday.

Dorick Maelstrom
06-19-2015, 08:09 AM
@Scapes It's Awesome that you are making attempts to keep the Badies honest. What about the increased gold spammers? 100 gold being offered for under 2 USD every day is getting annoying when they whisper you.

Sarat00ga
06-19-2015, 08:10 AM
there were still some apparently using this on INOCh this morning before the downtime... one guy with name starting with WT*** something was regrading items this morning to legendary, etc one after another.... so HOPE you all are still going to catch those who escaped your fist dragnet.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 08:13 AM
there were still some apparently using this on INOCh this morning before the downtime... one guy with name starting with WT*** something was regrading items this morning to legendary, etc one after another.... so HOPE you all are still going to catch those who escaped your fist dragnet.

If you suspect foul play, definitely let us know! Contact our Game Masters directly at http://support.trionworlds.com

Scapes
06-19-2015, 08:15 AM
What about the increased gold spammers?

We have details on improvements in our fight against botting to share in today's livestream.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 08:19 AM
That explain why Salphira crashed like 10 times in past 2-3 days!

No, this was caused by a series of DDoS attacks which we worked to minimize the effect of until they stopped. The Server Status Archive has details.

erich
06-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Thank God! I was trying to get a divine katana yesterday and saw all of that in chat and almost rage quit this game. (I finally got my divine after like 7K gold spent) SO props to you Scapes and the team for stopping these exploiting ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Why is it you can fix this so fast, but can not fix the castle EXPLOIT?

The fix for that issue is tied to the Devouring Depths update, set to open on PTS today. The exploit fix applied in today's update required minimal development work by comparison.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 08:32 AM
can we get a day push back so that the update does not mess with the labor event

The weekend event starts at 1:00 PM PDT, hours after our estimated downtime window.

Khegobier
06-19-2015, 08:33 AM
No sir, not at all. We do take note when an item reaches that rarity level or above but we absolutely monitor and action behavior before it reaches that point as well. As for your two examples, all APEX that were illegitimately generated had to be repurchased to regain account access and anything that qualified as an "abuse" of the honor bug had very serious repercussions.

63 accounts seems like so few relatively speaking. A smarter criminal would have probably taken this exploit and made a lot more money selling items regraded up to celestial for guaranteed coin en mass rather than several epics, legendaries or even mythics that a handful of people might have enough coin for on any given cluster.

Same thing for counterfeiters. Why do they get caught? Because they're trying to pass the big bills. Counterfeit the small notes and nobody bothers to check.

Deathchill
06-19-2015, 08:37 AM
Bravo. Job well done.

Xixoal
06-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Good Job Guys! Rly looking forward to the Livestream and the Steps taken towards getting rid of Bots :)

handee8
06-19-2015, 09:00 AM
I've read these forums often and as an old lady player of 60 who has been around since games were just a one dimensional spot on the screen that was to be hit back and forth I can't help but be blown away by how far gaming has come in my life time. The second thing that blows me away is all of the cheating that goes on. I would imagine more time is spent trying to figure out how to cheat rather than enjoying the game. Are ill gotten gains that much more delicious? It use to be that people took pride in working hard for what they got whether in-game or out. Now it appears such people, with ethics, are the fools and it is far cooler to cheat or steal to some. The word "Honor" seems to have lost all meaning other than how can it be manipulated to get me what I want. That's an oxymoron! If the gaming world is a microcosm of the world at large, I hate to think what people are doing on their income tax and I hope they are not in charge of my pension and retirement accounts. Think about the scandals in recent history, stock manipulation, savings and loan scandals etc. It is the same mind set. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur but I still believe most people are good and honest but as usual we pay for the sins of the few in the real world and in the gaming world. I applaud any effort to take a stand against it. It's the job of each and everyone of us.

Nyssa
06-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Good Job Guys! Rly looking forward to the Livestream and the Steps taken towards getting rid of Bots :)

Maybe they should do something about the gold sellers spamming people whispers too a long with spamming in Mail. Honestly I don't see the point in cheating on here. Makes the game less fun when people do ♥♥♥♥ like this, it kinda ruins everything. But meh.

GoddessAphrael
06-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Thank you so much, i was so afraid of loosing two months of traderuns and coinpurse farming :/. Thank you.

Will lost trade-runs that we've turned in be reimbursed to us during this time? I've lost my trade-runs gold that I've done the day before the maintenance! Will this issue be taken care of too? Thank you.

JerryBoyle
06-19-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm more curious how far Trion tracked this back to since it sounds like it's only for the divine coin event(Unbreakable charm). 60 some people doesn't sound like a lot if the exploit(and others like it) has been here since launch using other items for the higher rate charms.

SweetMikka
06-19-2015, 09:19 AM
As much as I appreciate Trion dealing with this newest exploit, wouldn't it make more sense to patch the game BEFORE you install it here? Players clearly were aware of it before it hit NA. Why couldn't Trion know as well? It would really take a lot less time I think. And now their customer service staff are so busy with this problem that they're ignoring older, lower priority tickets.

Agreed

mrsquishynut
06-19-2015, 09:20 AM
they are only picking certain exploits to acknowledge. trying to save a little face. but the massive amount of bots in auroria and teleport hacking that is generating tons of in game gold doesn't even register on their radar.

Kathran
06-19-2015, 09:30 AM
While this is a separate topic, we do have improvements in our fight against botting coming. More details in tomorrow's livestream.

Good. I look forward to hearing more about this. Our guild has discovered two members botting. We reported them and kicked them out of the guild. We have 250 members. One account is a player who sometimes plays in the normal way, but was using a script to auto farm. The other was some level 50 guy just bot killing spiders in Hasla. Now we are checking up on members who play and don't talk or work with other guild members. Most of them are just shy. We want you to know that we want to work with you on this, and have your back.

Cavewight
06-19-2015, 09:31 AM
they are only picking certain exploits to acknowledge. trying to save a little face. but the massive amount of bots in auroria and teleport hacking that is generating tons of in game gold doesn't even register on their radar.

Yep I have a House on The Arcum Tigerspine Road on Tahyang And about every 30-40 minutes bots come running through heading to Tigerspine all the while Teleport running faster than a mount can sprint, They alwaways follow the exact same path and named Rfogjdfgldghltht or something similar.

Xpades
06-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Adventurers,

We banning just the accounts that did the regrading.. or the actual owners of the accounts? I would imagine most smart people do all their epxploting like this on an alternate account, and then transfer/sell to self.. back to their main accounts to try and avoid things like this.

Rinalice
06-19-2015, 10:13 AM
they should refund the coin to those broken hearted people :p

Gods Child
06-19-2015, 10:18 AM
they should refund the coin to those broken hearted people :p

Right. I mean if you are smart enough to do the exploiting on your alt throw away account and then "sell" it to your main, you should get your gold back.

Choisy
06-19-2015, 11:09 AM
I've read these forums often and as an old lady player of 60 who has been around since games were just a one dimensional spot on the screen that was to be hit back and forth I can't help but be blown away by how far gaming has come in my life time. The second thing that blows me away is all of the cheating that goes on. I would imagine more time is spent trying to figure out how to cheat rather than enjoying the game. Are ill gotten gains that much more delicious? It use to be that people took pride in working hard for what they got whether in-game or out. Now it appears such people, with ethics, are the fools and it is far cooler to cheat or steal to some. The word "Honor" seems to have lost all meaning other than how can it be manipulated to get me what I want. That's an oxymoron! If the gaming world is a microcosm of the world at large, I hate to think what people are doing on their income tax and I hope they are not in charge of my pension and retirement accounts. Think about the scandals in recent history, stock manipulation, savings and loan scandals etc. It is the same mind set. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur but I still believe most people are good and honest but as usual we pay for the sins of the few in the real world and in the gaming world. I applaud any effort to take a stand against it. It's the job of each and everyone of us.

Welcome to generation Z(ero ethics)

divStar
06-19-2015, 11:29 AM

I usually do not cheat in MMO-games - simply because I know (as a software developer) that there are logging systems and much more behind the scene and they could be evaluated to find out the ones who cheated. Like: if I had bought just one APEX, but suddenly acquired let's say 12500 instead of 1250 credits, it'd be something, that could be discovered by looking at the logs.
I also - usually - do not cheat in single-player games, because usually the games are more fun the way they are meant to be. Sometimes though - in single-player games - I cheat just to see how unnatural and unrealistic a game could become.

That said: capitalism teaches us, that we are expected to maximize our profits and since real world money and game credits are connected in games such as this one, you can safely assume, that this is how people are. If I knew there was nothing to be afraid about, I probably would have exploited myself; I do not want to lose what I have though - so this is why I do not.

The society has been educated this way. It is all about gaining as much profit as you can - and avoiding as many taxes, insurances etc. as possible. This is what rich people do and sadly enough they are often seen as role models, because they are successful (because of the tons of money they have). In my opinion those rich people, who cannot clearly and plausibly explain the origin of their wealth, robbed others (whether by manipulating stocks or having lobby deals of sorts etc.). Yet they are rarely punished by law.

This is why I am never upset if any rich person is caught and imprisoned - they deserve it more often than not. That is also why I think Trion really did (and does) a good job on those exploiters and I hope they will find a way to see whether one (cheating) account sold something to another ("clean") one by e.g. comparing IPs, payment options, addresses or whatever else there is that could help them with that. Honest people should not suffer because of the black sheep among us and the black sheep should be punished to the max in order to show, that cheating is not tolerated and does not go unnoticed!

Scapes
06-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Couldn't be further from the truth. We have improvements coming to how we deal with botting to discuss on today's livestream.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 11:34 AM
We banning just the accounts that did the regrading.. or the actual owners of the accounts?

The latter: our Game Masters "spider" the account, tracing the web that results from the items and gold moving in attempt to launder them along with other methods.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm more curious how far Trion tracked this back to since it sounds like it's only for the divine coin event(Unbreakable charm). 60 some people doesn't sound like a lot if the exploit(and others like it) has been here since launch using other items for the higher rate charms.

The exploit was not around since launch, it was introduced in a recent build.

Thrandu
06-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Plz we need a "wall of shame"
Tell us the Nicknames and which Servers they are.

Why?
We all would like to know who use this Exploits and get banned or something else.
So that we know "these" guys have no fairplay, no one will these kind of people in her own guild.

And, we would like to know which people talks in Chats "you're all noobs i pwnd you.." and now there get banned for exploits.
Let us known which guys they are.

Or tell us how many per Server get banned or feal the power of Gamemasters.
Im very interesting to see "is my server ok"..so pls tell us everything :).

Pls, do it like Arenanet :)
http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/6/8559503/guild-wars-2-cheater-banned-video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfUi9DzBuo

Scapes
06-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Plz we need a "wall of shame"
Tell us the Nicknames and which Servers they are.

No, this won't be happening.

Vodevil
06-19-2015, 01:03 PM
@Scapes - What will happen for those of us who did a direct in-game player to player trade for our item that later got removed?
In my case I decided to switch classes and traded my t5 epic bow for a t1 epic obsidian katana + a large "I owe you" to a guildie about a week ago. He bought the katana off the auction house prior to the trade. Now, today, that katana has gone poof out of my inventory...

Still hoping to get some sort of answer in regards to this, for myself and anyone else who maybe in the same situation.

Scapes
06-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Still hoping to get some sort of answer in regards to this, for myself and anyone else who maybe in the same situation.

Be sure to submit an appeal ticket to our Support Team, they'll have next steps: http://support.trionworlds.com

Robotz
06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Thank you for Taking Action on this issue!
Also any update on Ironclads? It has been a while ='[

Cade
06-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Be sure to submit an appeal ticket to our Support Team, they'll have next steps: http://support.trionworlds.com

Any estimate on when Trion will be done reimbursing everyone?

Bbq
06-19-2015, 03:20 PM

ROFL i invite trion to investigate every one of my regrades. Also, you cant even use charms for ship parts... I made 25 sails this morning and got one (plus the divine one i already had on) to legendary and then broke one of the two trying to go mythic. Stop complaining that I have good ship parts, trion can see the logs and see how many ship parts ive broken trying to get an upgrade.

also, of the 25 sails i made this morning, only two got to unique, one of which broke going to celestial and the other broke trying to go to mythic.

Nespyr
06-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Anyone got the refound?

After 1 day from this post, 4 tickets and one response from GM i didn't get any refound

Comlurb
06-19-2015, 07:27 PM
A wall of shame has no use, tbh... But Scapes, can u at least say how many of these 63 criminal players are from each server? In example: 10 Salphira, 13 Tahyang, 20 Enla... etc etc. Is it possible?

Shroomz
06-19-2015, 08:00 PM
About time imo shoulda done same with apex /hack

mrsquishynut
06-19-2015, 09:18 PM
lol they deleted my post. to sum it up it says they are trying to save face with this issue yet they let the auroria bots, teleport hacks, and countless other exploits run constantly in this game.

nPole
06-21-2015, 09:45 AM
I loved how people were saying in chat he was cheating.... :) (for ship regrading it is 50% success)

On Dahuta (EU):

http://i.imgur.com/Tvv7vmw.png

Vodevil
06-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Scapes please this needs to be addressed http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?205778-RegradeGate-AH-SAFE-FROM-EXPLOITERS-PLAYER-TO-PLAYER-TRADES-APPARENTLY-NOT.

My ticket number is 218827

Diaceth
11-22-2015, 05:56 PM
if you want to deter hacking then fix the damn regrade system there should be no reason a resplendent scroll with a red gem should fail more than one time in a day. or even downgrade back to arcane. it is causing major economy issues in the game and players are leaving on a daily basis because of the fact they can not get any gear for higher end bosses. so please fix the issues.

Undeadmerlin
11-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Why would u necro a 5 month old thread.

Frantheo
11-22-2015, 09:50 PM
Why would u necro a 5 month old thread.

Because it is a good point. There wouldn't be a need to hack that if the regrade system was better... and less differences between players gear so yeah...

Thx for reviving this thread!

greyhawk
11-23-2015, 05:46 AM
regrading is painful but if they made it so you can only fail once a day lol, mythic everyone and people would quit also.

i know people quit because of regrading, it happens in all games that have enchanting systems.
RNG is RNG, if you cant beat it, save your money and buy items already regraded.

My rng is crap, i learned this in the start of the game.
i saved up all my money and bought all my gear divine.

the few cele sets i have i got lucky on regrades, but i am also 47 items regraded from unique ^ and i am still 0 divine/ 47 celes ( resplended and charmed, or just resplended)

PS dont necro old threads it is bad for your health

therealbaldemord
11-23-2015, 10:16 AM
I Hope they got that "Jw" guy on shatigon. He got like 30 divine and some epic on one day... And to all them stupid enouth to buy from him or anyone like him: You deserved it!

Mahalath
11-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Well obvious that trion still hasnt done anything about their leaked rng formula and people intercepting regrade success packets.. oh. was that a secreet? my bad. Keep crowdfunding hackers guys. gg.

sloth
11-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Adventurers,

This update include dropback+fireball fix?

mossside
11-26-2015, 08:13 AM
if you want to deter hacking then fix the damn regrade system there should be no reason a resplendent scroll with a red gem should fail more than one time in a day. or even downgrade back to arcane. it is causing major economy issues in the game and players are leaving on a daily basis because of the fact they can not get any gear for higher end bosses. so please fix the issues.

I've used a resplendent scroll with a red gem twice, both times the item went down to arcane. I stopped regrading then and haven't bothered since. I'd rather just buy gear for gold, than close the game feeling like I've been hustled.

MonolithD
11-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Because it is a good point. There wouldn't be a need to hack that if the regrade system was better... and less differences between players gear so yeah...

Thx for reviving this thread!

Ikr?!

If awesome cars weren't so expensive, I wouldn't have to steal them!

Yea thx for reviving this thread so all the tin foil hat guys can post how the Illuminati is behind the chances of success or not!