PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Compatability, I should have better performance.....

scorpnet
07-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Ok so I jut got the game, trying it out for the first time. I have already spent a hour tweaking graphic settings, restarting the game 50 times, lowering settings after settings. Now im basicly at the point where everything is on the bare minimum I cannot lower it anymore. I started with max settings... SO far no mater how I put the graphic settings my laptop simply cannot play the game smoothly at all. This is a technical impossibility... I have a very sound, very powreful system and yet I cannot play this game ? Elder Scrolls online, Max settings no lag high fps.. Wildstar, Skyrim, WoW, D3, FarCry 3, BF4, Every single game I throw at it, Max settings hig fps no problem.. Archeage ? Im lucky to get past 10fps on LOW settings... At first I thought it was a powerful engine, but now, Honestly I am not so sure . ANy dieas ?

Asus G750 Gaming Laptop
Intel i7-4700HQ 2.4GHZ Quad Core Haswell
RAM: 8GB
Video nVidia GeForce GTX 860m 2gb DEDICATED Memory
Windows 8.1

scorpnet
07-27-2014, 10:29 AM
UPDATE: I think I may have found the issue... For some reason Archage.exe is set to run off my integrated Intel HD 4000 Video Card rather than the nVidia one... Yet when I go to change the default graphics card, it does not let me choose for Archage. I can change it for every other program, but not for ARchage.. ANy ideas ?

shadowkass
07-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Many of the current alpha players have reported an issue with DX11 and the engine.

However one issue may be with the processor. Go to control panel - power options - choose high performance instead of balance. Jumping from 60 to 14 to 30 is because of the processor throttling.
If this fails to work still then i would try to use DX9 instead

shadowkass
07-27-2014, 10:39 AM
UPDATE: I think I may have found the issue... For some reason Archage.exe is set to run off my integrated Intel HD 4000 Video Card rather than the nVidia one... Yet when I go to change the default graphics card, it does not let me choose for Archage. I can change it for every other program, but not for ARchage.. ANy ideas ?

Haven't heard of that issue yet, its odd that it does that

scorpnet
07-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Haven't heard of that issue yet, its odd that it does that

Yea it is odd, doing further reseaerch, I have found 1 other use who has the exact same issue.. Also it has reported happening with other games such as Diablo III ( It works fine on my system wiht D3) so I am desperatly trying to find a fix...

Also I doubt its the processor, I always run my system on High Performance for that reason right there.

scorpnet
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
UPDATE: I had a theory, so I am testing it.. I just flat out Disabled the Intel card in my device manager, now Windows is forced to use the nVidia card even running just a plain windows desktop... Lets see if this works!!!!

UPDATE: Nope, just made it worse... somehow my nvidia card stoped working all together.. Weird

scorpnet
07-27-2014, 11:36 AM
UPDATE: [SOLVED]

I think this should be stickied or put in a place for everyone who might have an nVidia Optimus enabled Laptop, This link here WILL FIX THE ISSUE!!! FOllow the guide, its rather simple, and it worked and did the trick!!

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/NVIDIA-vs-integrated-graphics-processor-issues

HAppy HUnting!

shadowkass
07-27-2014, 11:40 AM
UPDATE: [SOLVED]

I think this should be stickied or put in a place for everyone who might have an nVidia Optimus enabled Laptop, This link here WILL FIX THE ISSUE!!! FOllow the guide, its rather simple, and it worked and did the trick!!

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/NVIDIA-vs-integrated-graphics-processor-issues

HAppy HUnting!

I'll add it to the compilation thread, glad it's working for you now. Hope you enjoy the game :)