PDA

View Full Version : Vitalism/Auramancy/??? Help me figure out the third part of my build!

Toychristopher
07-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Vitalism/Auramancy/???

I'm not sure what to do for my build and am completely new to the game. I want to be a healer, but I'll probably end up playing solo quite often so I want to be able to DPS. I want to be able to defend myself in PVP but it's not a huge focus for me.

Witchcraft -- Apparently this would make me a wonderful healer but would be horrible to level.

Defense -- This would also make me a great healer, but impossible to level solo.

Sorcery -- Originally I was going to go with this, although the name "boneweaver" kind of turns me off. It seems a natural fit to me, but it doesn't appear to be very popular at all. I would think that insulating lense and the mana boost passive would help me as a healer even if my dps was super low due to not being able to use a staff. I've heard spirit really doesn't increase heals by that much so I could gear with some intelligence and crit and then switch to staff when soloing.

Archery -- This seems promising but I hear it has huge mana problems for leveling and some people seem to think it doesn't work at all. Can I equip a club and a bow at the same time? I've heard that Archey sucks without Shadowplay to combo with.

Occultism -- Used to be good but is nerfed so far down that no one even considers it anymore?

Songcraft -- Seems to have some synergy but apparently the mana problems are just too great to make it viable. Also seems very low on the dps spectrum.

Battlerage -- This also looks interesting to me but I hardly see it mentioned any where and I rarely play melee.

Shadowplay -- I like the idea of stealth but again not sure how it would work as I'm not very familiar with melee.

I get that healing and dps-ing at the same time is probably off the table. At max I think I would probably pick up Witchcraft. I'm also under the assumption that Auramancy is vital to being a healer and it does seem to share a lot of synergy with Vitalism but I'm not sure if dropping auramancy would open more options.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these combos and would be willing to share their build. Thanks in advance!

Jilliebeans
07-28-2014, 11:47 PM
who said "templar" is IMPOSSIBLE to solo leveling? STOP ALL OF THAT RUMORS, support/healer classes are a TINY BIT slow on leveling but it is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% POSSIBLE to level, once u learn the right rotation you will NOT have ANY issue on leveling.

You can be a healer w/o aura, but it REALLY REALLY recommended to have as a healer because aura works really well with vit/defense.

Witchcraft - YES, a healer with 2 cleanses, cc and a wonderful immune buff.
Defense - YES, very very tanky healer... can pretty much hold ur ground on any situations.
Sorc- its only good for leveling, sorc doesnt have any survival skills... other than massive dps and as a healer u DO NOT dps.
occutls- YES, aoe stuns, knock back, reflect shield and mana regain passive is wonderful to have.
Songcraft- would be nice but its cost way too much mana and time.
Battlerage- same thing with sorc.
Shadowplay- i seen people with this build, its actually decent but not as affected as Witchcraft or defense.
Archery- not to sure.. havent seen people with this YET....

Toychristopher
07-28-2014, 11:53 PM
who said "templar" is IMPOSSIBLE to solo leveling? STOP ALL OF THAT RUMORS, support/healer classes are a TINY BIT SLOW on leveling but it is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% POSSIBLE to level, once u learn the right rotation you will NOT have ANY issue on leveling.

You can be a healer w/o aura, but it REALLY REALLY recommended to have as a healer because aura works really well with vit/defense.

But you don't even have a spammable attack. How do you do damage?

Jilliebeans
07-29-2014, 12:01 AM
But you don't even have a spammable attack. How do you do damage?

thats why u learn ur rotations aka combos, there are good rotation in any trees combined.

Glaivus
07-29-2014, 01:08 AM
I'd advise rolling something else for leveling and then respeccing healer after hitting 50. If you must though I'd opt for defense. Couple of nice combos there.

Legion
07-29-2014, 03:14 AM
Vitalism/Auramancy/???

I'm not sure what to do for my build and am completely new to the game. I want to be a healer, but I'll probably end up playing solo quite often so I want to be able to DPS. I want to be able to defend myself in PVP but it's not a huge focus for me.

Witchcraft -- Apparently this would make me a wonderful healer but would be horrible to level.

Defense -- This would also make me a great healer, but impossible to level solo.

Sorcery -- Originally I was going to go with this, although the name "boneweaver" kind of turns me off. It seems a natural fit to me, but it doesn't appear to be very popular at all. I would think that insulating lense and the mana boost passive would help me as a healer even if my dps was super low due to not being able to use a staff. I've heard spirit really doesn't increase heals by that much so I could gear with some intelligence and crit and then switch to staff when soloing.

Archery -- This seems promising but I hear it has huge mana problems for leveling and some people seem to think it doesn't work at all. Can I equip a club and a bow at the same time? I've heard that Archey sucks without Shadowplay to combo with.

Occultism -- Used to be good but is nerfed so far down that no one even considers it anymore?

Songcraft -- Seems to have some synergy but apparently the mana problems are just too great to make it viable. Also seems very low on the dps spectrum.

Battlerage -- This also looks interesting to me but I hardly see it mentioned any where and I rarely play melee.

Shadowplay -- I like the idea of stealth but again not sure how it would work as I'm not very familiar with melee.

I get that healing and dps-ing at the same time is probably off the table. At max I think I would probably pick up Witchcraft. I'm also under the assumption that Auramancy is vital to being a healer and it does seem to share a lot of synergy with Vitalism but I'm not sure if dropping auramancy would open more options.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these combos and would be willing to share their build. Thanks in advance!

You can try necromancer (Vita/Witchcraft/Occultism) or hierophant(Vita/Aura/Witchcraft) for now, because taking templar is quite bad with level cap 50.

Zwiebelchen
07-29-2014, 04:36 AM
Since you can use a club/greatclub together with a bow just fine, Archer+Vit+Aura works at least as good as the other combinations.
A problem is gear, though; you will want to have both cloth gear with spirit for healing in dungeons and leather for soloing/leveling. Other than that it's a pretty fun combo, especially if you team up with a friend playing a melee/tanky class.
Lacks survivability in PvP!

Aez
07-29-2014, 05:27 AM
Can confirm that boneweaver is good to level with, but as DPS not healer. After you'd want to swap something out for other stuff though (im personally gonna swap vita for witchcraft and play as an arcanist).

Oyjord
07-30-2014, 02:26 PM
I have the same problem as the OP:

I want to heal my small guild on dungeon runs, so I guess I should go Vit and Aura.

But I can't choose which third set to take to solo level (which I'll be playing most of the time).

Torch
07-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Hey all, still new to the game. Would Vit/Archer or Vit/Shadow be a good build to start off with, just for low leveling progression?

Sornin
07-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I always recommend the same thing to people who want to play as healers at 50 but want to level quickly, especially solo: take Sorcery and then two other skillsets you actually want to use at 50 (like Vitalism and Auramancy). Go full Sorcery at the beginning until your build looks like this: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/27281

The above build can be attained at level 20 and makes you a PvE powerhouse since Sorcery's passives are fantastic. You can basically do whatever you like after you build like that - continue down Sorcery or start picking up other skills. Honestly, just with Flamebolt and Freezing Arrow, which combo each other, you can do very well, and due to mana efficiency they are arguably all you need to use. The main reason I take later active skills is to provide the necessary points to take the later passives earlier.

Basically, you are going to use Sorcery to get to 50, which will level the two other skilltrees to 50, and you can then, if you wish, dump Sorcery and take a different skillset in its place and level it up.

Alderez
07-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Oracle (Vitalism/Auramancy/Archery) is a FANTASTIC healer, don't let the naysayers get you down. The benefit is that you can keep both a DPS leather gearset and a stone cloth gearset and be able to switch from DPS to heals depending on the situation. You can equip both a club and a bow at the same time, so don't worry about that.

iansky
07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
who said "templar" is IMPOSSIBLE to solo leveling? STOP ALL OF THAT RUMORS, support/healer classes are a TINY BIT slow on leveling but it is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000% POSSIBLE to level, once u learn the right rotation you will NOT have ANY issue on leveling.

I leveled to 50 on a Templar. It isn't a "tiny bit slower", it's WAY slower. All of your abilities have such long CDs and you have to regen way more frequently than a DPS would.

nix
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
I always recommend the same thing to people who want to play as healers at 50 but want to level quickly, especially solo: take Sorcery and then two other skillsets you actually want to use at 50 (like Vitalism and Auramancy). Go full Sorcery at the beginning until your build looks like this: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/27281

The above build can be attained at level 20 and makes you a PvE powerhouse since Sorcery's passives are fantastic. You can basically do whatever you like after you build like that - continue down Sorcery or start picking up other skills. Honestly, just with Flamebolt and Freezing Arrow, which combo each other, you can do very well, and due to mana efficiency they are arguably all you need to use. The main reason I take later active skills is to provide the necessary points to take the later passives earlier.

Basically, you are going to use Sorcery to get to 50, which will level the two other skilltrees to 50, and you can then, if you wish, dump Sorcery and take a different skillset in its place and level it up.

What you've just said is probably the most useful tip for a complete newbie who wants to level up a healer, on this thread and maybe even this forum alltogether. +1 internet to you sir.

Sornin
07-31-2014, 02:53 PM
What you've just said is probably the most useful tip for a complete newbie who wants to level up a healer, on this thread and maybe even this forum alltogether. +1 internet to you sir.

Thanks! It is also what I plan to do at launch, except I will not be going healer at 50 but will instead be going tank. Leveling as a tank is not nearly as atrocious as a healer, but compared to Sorcery is simply not as efficient due to a lack of range and less damage and mana efficiency. Once you have experienced how much better the Sorcery skilltree is for grinding, going back is tough.

By the way, the best way cast rotation I have found for grinding normal enemies is: Flamebolt x1 -> Freezing Arrow -> Flamebolt spam until dead

Sneak the one Flamebolt in before Freezing Arrow so Freezing Arrow gets the damage boost combo from a burning target, and then spam Flamebolts after that, which combo off the chilled status Freezing Arrow inflicts. If you need to, recast Freezing Arrow, but normal enemies should die before it's available again.

I see a lot of Sorcerers go Freezing Arrow -> Flamebolt spam but you miss out on a pretty nice combo that way; not a huge deal, but it can save you a small amount of time and mana which makes you more efficient. Flamebolts deal much, much less damage than Freezing Arrow, so it is in your best interest to give it all the boosts it can get, especially when it crits.

Arui
08-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Sup,
I'm using the sorcery combo i'm not level max but i use this : http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/30313
i switch to a staff for soloing the combo is insame in dmg but a lot of mana issues.
This can work i think also i tought to something like this in PVP : solo/duo : http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/30307
Dont know if its good or not.. will try it at 50...

The defense version or witchcraft seem to be the more mainstream..

(sorry bad english tho)