PDA

View Full Version : Exploits and you: A community guide to what goes, and what doesn’t [UPDATED 10/12/16]

Pages : [1] 2

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 12:59 PM
May Nui smile upon you, Adventurers!

Today we’d like to discuss exploits with you all. We know this is a hot topic in the community, and it has led to continual questions on what is and what is not allowed in the world of ArcheAge.

First of all, we want to stress to you all that ArcheAge is very much a game of experimentation and strategy. We love seeing how all of you utilize our in-game tools as you adventure throughout the lands. We very much want to preserve that type of exploration, as we believe its core to ArcheAge’s philosophy.

What we do want to combat, however, are situations where a player can gain an unbeatable advantage against another player. This leads us to how the team defines what an exploit is:

Exploit (verb, /ikˈsploit/) – A behavior or situation that is unintended by the game’s design and leads to a clearly unbeatable advantage.

The important word here is unbeatable. While some unintended situations may give you a benefit that is strong, many of them still can be beaten by a team of coordinated adventurers, or can be countered by a different strategy. (But be aware that said unintended behavior can be patched out by Trion and XL in the future!)

Below are some common situations that you, as a community, have had questions on. Please consider this guide to be our final answer on these situations, and make sure to share it with your fellow community and guild members. As new questions appear, we will update this guide on a case-by-case basis.

The AoE Damage Maneuver on Hasla Rift – This strategy is allowed.
Damage Immunity on the Hounds of Kyrios – This strategy is allowed.
Attack LoS/Range Problems on Morpheus & Hanure – This strategy is allowed, but this may change at a code level in the future.
Issues with multi-boss fights on Serpentis & Hounds – These strategies are allowed.
Animation cancelling – These strategies are allowed. In PvP, you can still be burned down by multiple enemies/trapped/make a mistake. Additionally, the implementation of the skill queue will likely prevent animation cancelling from occurring in the future.
Longboards & Tradepacks – This strategy is allowed.
Anthalon & Siege Towers -- This strategy is allowed.
Harpooning to get characters into a position where they become untargetable by players and enemy monsters in order to kill a boss -- This is not allowed, and may lead to action taken against your account.
Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis.
Planting Avocados/other trees to block a hauler while monsters kill it -- This strategy is no longer allowed. Details are available here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852).
Install and use the FoV Mod (https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/358b2m/updated_fov_mod/), KR Font Mod (https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3a0cty/kr_font_mod/), or Teleport Book Sorting mod (https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3oihc2/teleport_book_sort_and_filter_mod/) -- They are unsupported mods, you use them at your own risk, and we aren't responsible for anything that may come about from installing them. That said, we will not ban your account for using them as they do not affect gameplay.
Multiboxing/Multiscreening -- You are allowed to do this as long as you do not use any automated systems or macros to allow it. You may use VMWare if you wish to run multiple clients on the same machine. You must control your character yourself. if you use an automated system, bot, or macro, you run the risk of being banned.
Blocking a route with a trade cart -- This strategy is no longer allowed. Details are available here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852).
Blocking a NPC with a trade cart by sitting on them -- This is not allowed, and can result in your trade cart being demolished by a member of the staff.
Farming one of your alts or another player for honor or to push zones to peace -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!
Farming a single character to manipulate the jury queue -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!
Moving under the terrain for any reason -- Moving under the terrain for any reason, especially combat, is against the rules of the game.

If you have further questions on any of this, or would like to suggest something be added to the list, please post below. Until then, travel safe and fight well!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

mikroman
07-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Animation cancelling – These strategies are allowed. In PvP, you can still be burned down by multiple enemies/trapped/make a mistake. Additionally, the implementation of the skill queue will likely prevent animation cancelling from occurring in the future.
[/LIST]

IF you have a skill to do 5000 damage in 5 sec and you can cancel animation and do 5000 damage in 1 sec it's ok. I understand it. It's intended. Game and skill balance is not exist. Who care? :)

Metsuro
07-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Today we’d like to discuss exploits with you all. We know this is a hot topic in the community, and it has led to continual questions on what is and what is not allowed in the world of ArcheAge.

First of all, we want to stress to you all that ArcheAge is very much a game of experimentation and strategy. We love seeing how all of you utilize our in-game tools as you adventure throughout the lands. We very much want to preserve that type of exploration, as we believe its core to ArcheAge’s philosophy.

What we do want to combat, however, are situations where a player can gain an unbeatable advantage against another player. This leads us to how the team defines what an exploit is:

Exploit (verb, /ikˈsploit/) – A behavior or situation that is unintended by the game’s design and leads to a clearly unbeatable advantage.

The important word here is unbeatable. While some unintended situations may give you a benefit that is strong, many of them still can be beaten by a team of coordinated adventurers, or can be countered by a different strategy. (But be aware that said unintended behavior can be patched out by Trion and XL in the future!)

Below are some common situations that you, as a community, have had questions on. Please consider this guide to be our final answer on these situations, and make sure to share it with your fellow community and guild members. As new questions appear, we will update this guide on a case-by-case basis.

Attack LoS/Range Problems on Morpheus & Hanure – This strategy is allowed, but this may change at a code level in the future.
Issues with multi-boss fights on Serpentis & Hounds – These strategies are allowed.

If you have further questions on any of this, or would like to suggest something be added to the list, please post below. Until then, travel safe and fight well!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

So based on this definition, the castle moving on kyrios was an exploit since it could not be beaten. When will punishment be delivered on said exploiting?

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 01:24 PM
So based on this definition, the castle moving on kyrios was an exploit since it could not be beaten. When will punishment be delivered on said exploiting?

Steps have already been taken on that, and the castle exploit has been fixed within the code.

Metsuro
07-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Steps have already been taken on that, and the castle exploit has been fixed within the code.

Steps were taken to deem that not an exploit, and just an unintended game mechanic. Your new definition now clearly points to it being an exploit, not just unintended mechanics. So now we just have to ignore all past exploits labeled unintended mechanics up until you guys decided this is the definition of what an exploit is? To point this out. The fix in code was to add yet another exploit. To allow the guild leader the ability to gain infinite infamy without ever being kicked from faction until after they lose the castle. So can I get you to confirm that its not an exploit to boot everyone from my guild and gain 10k+ infamy without going pirate?

Denick
07-07-2015, 01:27 PM

Seconded, but applied to all the servers the castle movie exploit occurred as that was definitely an unbeatable advantage.

Dremlock
07-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Exploit (verb, /ikˈsploit/) – A behavior or situation that is unintended by the game’s design and
leads to a clearly unbeatable advantage.

Does money count as an exploit?

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Free+user+vs+playing+user_7b03ff_4846735.gif

Denick
07-07-2015, 01:32 PM

I know your new, and truly appreciate your level head and the fact that you are trying to bring some fairness and equality, but to say that steps were already taken on that is a slap in the face to those who lost because of that exploit.

beepbeepbeepbeep
07-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Quick question whats the standing on the kraken glitch with harpoons? considering it really isnt doing anything different than morpheus/hanure LOS'ing.
Also how do you come up with whats a bannable "exploit". it just seems that things are picked to be bannable and not bannable based on 2 criteria. 1 do people care? and 2 how badly does it hurt the game. At this point in time no one cares if you glitch GHA bosses. no one cared before because it was an easy way to get decent gear in the day.
But if you glitch kraken or anthalon using in game mechanics, no different than dungeons in reality, thats considered a bannable exploit. now i can see why because it drastically effects the game. especially kraken because it drops end game gear. but do we only care about this because they drop delph quality stuff? if kraken only dropped illustrious or mag gear and little to no gold would it still be considered a bannable exploit?

i posted this on reddit and decided to post here as well in the off chance it isnt seen. Btw keep up the good work Celestrata

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Quick question whats the standing on the kraken glitch with harpoons? considering it really isnt doing anything different than morpheus/hanure LOS'ing.
Also how do you come up with whats a bannable "exploit". it just seems that things are picked to be bannable and not bannable based on 2 criteria. 1 do people care? and 2 how badly does it hurt the game. At this point in time no one cares if you glitch GHA bosses. no one cared before because it was an easy way to get decent gear in the day.
But if you glitch kraken or anthalon using in game mechanics, no different than dungeons in reality, thats considered a bannable exploit. now i can see why because it drastically effects the game. especially kraken because it drops end game gear. but do we only care about this because they drop delph quality stuff? if kraken only dropped illustrious or mag gear and little to no gold would it still be considered a bannable exploit?

i posted this on reddit and decided to post here as well in the off chance it isnt seen. Btw keep up the good work Celestrata

Answered you over on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3cgt4u/exploits_and_you_a_community_guide_to_what_goes/csvdzsa

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Steps were taken to deem that not an exploit, and just an unintended game mechanic. Your new definition now clearly points to it being an exploit, not just unintended mechanics. So now we just have to ignore all past exploits labeled unintended mechanics up until you guys decided this is the definition of what an exploit is? To point this out. The fix in code was to add yet another exploit. To allow the guild leader the ability to gain infinite infamy without ever being kicked from faction until after they lose the castle. So can I get you to confirm that its not an exploit to boot everyone from my guild and gain 10k+ infamy without going pirate?

To answer your second question first, we will allow something of that nature. That was a deliberate change in the code, and it is the current solution to prevent the castle exploit. Because of that, you may kick everyone from your guild, remain leader, and then rack up the infamy points. Again, we and XL may further work on that particular issue down the line.

Secondly, I cannot speak for what I was not present for. While the original castle exploit was very unfortunate, it has been fixed in the code. The decision that was made at that time will stand. However, please know that we as a team have a united decision on any additional exploits or unintended situations going forward, and we will do our best to make sure that we remain communicative when these things happen and that we apply punishments fairly and consistently when needed. I know that this does not fix the past, nor does it fix what happened regarding the castle exploit. But we have learned from that, and want to do right by you and other players going forward.

Northrop
07-07-2015, 01:53 PM
To answer your second question first, we will allow something of that nature. That was a deliberate change in the code, and it is the current solution to prevent the castle exploit. Because of that, you may kick everyone from your guild, remain leader, and then rack up the infamy points. Again, we and XL may further work on that particular issue down the line.

Secondly, I cannot speak for what I was not present for. While the original castle exploit was very unfortunate, it has been fixed in the code. The decision that was made at that time will stand. However, please know that we as a team have a united decision on any additional exploits or unintended situations going forward, and we will do our best to make sure that we remain communicative when these things happen and that we apply punishments fairly and consistently when needed. I know that this does not fix the past, nor does it fix what happened regarding the castle exploit. But we have learned from that, and want to do right by you and other players going forward.

So I've recently stumbled upon a new regrade "exploit" and some other things. I have tried contacting your support about possible rewards for turning over the information but they're pretty uncooperative. I am guessing this is not allowed though?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gravity
07-07-2015, 02:01 PM
So I've recently stumbled upon a new regrade "exploit" and some other things. I have tried contacting your support about possible rewards for turning over the information but they're pretty uncooperative. I am guessing this is not allowed though?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So it sounds like you are attempting to blackmail them for the "exploit" you found?

Northrop
07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
So it sounds like you are attempting to blackmail them for the "exploit" you found?

Who do you think was using the last one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) those "64" people they banned were actually about 4 people that were using the 64 accounts.

I'm just saying they can get ahead of the curve on this one with the right nudge.

GrishnakPrime
07-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Who do you think was using the last one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) those "64" people they banned were actually about 4 people that were using the 64 accounts.

I'm just saying they can get ahead of the curve on this one with the right nudge.

Attempting to solicit compensation for a bug shows you really don't care about the game. So just get banned for using it like everyone else will when someone else figures it out. I doubt it even exists

zrg
07-07-2015, 02:18 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pls give me attention every1 im an elite hacker :^ )

Northrop
07-07-2015, 02:27 PM
pls give me attention every1 im an elite hacker :^ )

Ight, I gotcha guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jetblack
07-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Could you shed some light on the Growlgate Tower/Wall issue. There is a cage in the Growlgate Tower, that upon falling into, the player is awarded with an exploration achievement. If you turn around and go further down your character drops down into the tower walls and you are able to target people on the outside of the tower from the inside of the wall while taking minimal return damage. I am sure this was discovered unintentionally but it has been used to combat people LOS'ing Morpheus as often times members of the enemy raid are concentrated far from Morpheus's range.

Will you be implementing a fix for this in the future (hopefully you do) ? Is this considered an "OK" exploit of sorts, along the same lines as LOS issues with Morpheus and Hanure?

Kazuki
07-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Celestrata has obviously never seen 10-20 people dropped in a second by 1 initiator and 1 mage due to animation canceling lawl

mikroman
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Using more account to "Ignore" destruction prevention charm/divine gift coin limit. Does it intended or exploit?
If you had more accounts (or other user share his/her login information) you can use destruction prevention charms in same item. So. If you spend more real money you have higher chance to get epic or better items (14 account is quasi 100% upgrade to epic). If you have normal PAYING/patron user (1 account) you have low chance to get epic-mythic (~0%, high break chances).
Ok This event finished, but give a safe 100% to the big paying user and ultralow chance in normal patron game mode is not fair play.

Elu
07-07-2015, 03:18 PM
What would you do if someone found another way to move a castle/make a zone reclaimable to any guild?

sillywabbituk
07-07-2015, 03:53 PM
ban the castle explioters my freinds will play again. they lost respect for trion allowing people to make 100k worth of gold from exploits

Kyazi
07-07-2015, 04:05 PM
So what about longboards and trade packs?

Kegster
07-07-2015, 04:12 PM
What would you do if someone found another way to move a castle/make a zone reclaimable to any guild?

Why am I not surprised one bit...

Elu
07-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Why am I not surprised one bit...

You shouldn't be. lol.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Using more account to "Ignore" destruction prevention charm/divine gift coin limit. Does it intended or exploit?
If you had more accounts (or other user share his/her login information) you can use destruction prevention charms in same item. So. If you spend more real money you have higher chance to get epic or better items (14 account is quasi 100% upgrade to epic). If you have normal PAYING/patron user (1 account) you have low chance to get epic-mythic (~0%, high break chances).
Ok This event finished, but give a safe 100% to the big paying user and ultralow chance in normal patron game mode is not fair play.

As technically you could do that in a guild environment, or with any organized group of people, this is not an exploit.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-07-2015, 04:18 PM
So what about longboards and trade packs?

Allowed, as there can still be counterplay. But, this could be patched out in the future.

Anoron
07-07-2015, 04:39 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3cgt4u/exploits_and_you_a_community_guide_to_what_goes/csvdzsa

Looking at that answer, should let you know that the floating ship is very stoppable if a player or group of players took the time to figure it out. One person with a clipper and a Harpoon can bring down the floating ship with a single hit, killing everyone on the boat. The Kraken itself can leap out of the water and do the same. The floating ship tactic was tried many times, all ending in defeat, except the last one and we all know how that ended (players that complained most when we finally did it, where the same ones there watching us fail over and over again laughing their behinds off at us). There was much crying and nashing of teeth, Trion said its a no no, so we stopped. But what it came down too is certain players didn't want to think it through and put in the time and practice into stopping it, so they cried foul and whined like little female dogs. (you know the word I'm thinking of.)

Anyways there are 100's of tactics in the game using mechanics that are not intended, if Trion doesn't like one in particular, they should give the players a warning before smashing down with the ban hammer. Id like someone to explain how that is not logical or reasonable for payers to expect from a company they put so much time and money in?

Gantrypengy
07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
What about multiboxing (for those who don't know what it is, it's using software to have multiple clients of the same game open at the same time)? I know Scapes posted that ArcheBuddy isn't allowed as it bypasses hackshield, but what about other multiboxing software?

mikroman
07-07-2015, 05:11 PM
As technically you could do that in a guild environment, or with any organized group of people, this is not an exploit.

Yeah. Or one big happy family. I think if you check the epic-mythic items in game now you will find less guild activity and more whale/big real money customer... But it's true. 1-1 guild can do it too... using all members "chance" to get 1 mythic.

Elu
07-07-2015, 06:15 PM

Could you answer this? What if someone else knows another way to move a castle or make a zone claimable again by a different guild? What would happen to the users of this bug?

Bullshihtzu
07-07-2015, 07:11 PM

The question was asked here , these are your official forums not reddit , are we getting to tired to even cut and paste ?

Katki
07-07-2015, 07:22 PM
So would you consider players repeatedly killing a pirate that is already in jail causing them to accumlate 48 minutes for each kill an exploit? I would assume so since the pirate cannot defend themselves due to the jail debuff.

For reference:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?201072-Reaper-TB-Exploit-shameful

Theblight
07-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Teleporting under growlgate to kill pirates, is that one cool or no?

simun
07-07-2015, 08:21 PM
The question was asked here , these are your official forums not reddit , are we getting to tired to even cut and paste ?

Just click the link and quit looking for a reason to QQ.

IronFrogMan
07-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Had quite a few people tell me in house killing with melee auto attack through doors is considered an exploit, also had some tell me aoe in house killing is an exploit ... pretty sure they're just mad.

Tansien
07-08-2015, 01:58 AM
What about multiboxing (for those who don't know what it is, it's using software to have multiple clients of the same game open at the same time)? I know Scapes posted that ArcheBuddy isn't allowed as it bypasses hackshield, but what about other multiboxing software?

HackShield is the software preventing multiboxing soo...

Sylvarius
07-08-2015, 03:02 AM
So is The old Castle of Profechy (or as they tryed Castle exploit and is now called APEX Profechy) gonna ever be removed from Heedmar on Eanna (EU) server and will they get punished ?

mossside
07-08-2015, 03:34 AM
I seem to remember that the longboard tradepack glitch was allowed and that it would likely be patched in in the future to make it easier?

Siobhan
07-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Celestrata, I do hope you will add to this list as the issues come up. There are a LOT of things people have whined about since the beginning of alpha. Some have been "fixed" and some have not, so, a comprehensive list will go a long way to help.

And please... a DEFINITIVE answer on AFK bridge/road blocking? I have no problem with someone who is at their keyboard and actively interacting with those he/she is blocking, but seeing someone who has obviously been AFK all night is just wrong. Besides, getting around bridge blockers isn't all that difficult. It's just the AFK part I have issues with.

rawfox
07-08-2015, 05:57 AM

This is actually a very valid question.
The p2w offers a unbeatable advantage to the ones, paying thousands of real life currency units into the game over regular subscribers.

So either you set a cap to the money spend in game, or set a cap for time/progress or advance your subscribers to a point they can catch up.
This is really bad with the game.

TalonEzi
07-08-2015, 06:27 AM
The p2w offers a unbeatable advantage to the ones, paying thousands of real life currency units into the game over regular subscribers.

So either you set a cap to the money spend in game, or set a cap for time/progress or advance your subscribers to a point they can catch up.

Or you can play another game? People join this game under the premise of the game being payed members> free members, and yet they still complain endlessly about it.

You want to catch up? Farm prince coinpurses. 1 night = 400g at least.
Or complain more. But that doesn't usually work.

Tenki
07-08-2015, 06:35 AM

Or someone with extreme luck can beat a P2W user.

Remember, the main thing money gets you in this game are more chances at RNG, or to buy items that have defeated RNG.

The other day, I got a mythic triangular rig with a single sail (no mass-regrades or generations of sails). Someone selling APEX might not even see that for over $50.

Streetlights
07-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Could you answer this? What if someone else knows another way to move a castle or make a zone claimable again by a different guild? What would happen to the users of this bug?

Look at you, you're terrible. You exploit once and move a castle, so now you want to exploit again? I hope your whole guild gets the banstick they deserve.

Rngesus
07-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Celestrata, what would the official stance be if I were to organize a group of players levels 50-55 (in large numbers, east vs. west) in such quantities that each individual could go down the given roster of the enemy team, killing each in turn in a constant war area (i.e. ocean) so as to honor farm for themselves endlessly and thus assist in mitigating their encounter with the irrefutable abortion I once conceived known as honor-purchased lunagem RNG? Like a gigantic organized honor farm on an industrial scale, but one in which each individual agreed to beforehand so as to achieve mutual benefit.

By your definition, at least in my mind, this would not be an "unbeatable" advantage seeing as a given individual taking part in the aforementioned hypothetical is still exposed to the same per-socket chance of success or failure, they would merely have more chances to try their luck. If this would be considered inequitable then what extrapolations could be made from this? Are individuals with multiple (legally) operated accounts who bring their entire small army to CRs and GRs not guilty of some similar variant? For clarity's sake the original posed situation would take place with distinct individuals operating single accounts of their own accord. No one would be obtaining honor from an account they are simultaneously controlling on the opposite faction.

Please let me know so that I and many others can plan accordingly.

Kazuki
07-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Did anybody notice that the Honor exploit does not fall under their new terms of exploit? Congrats guy, next time an honor exploit pops up I am certainly going to use it, because Trion said it was A'ok(I'm not but seriously this is such a shortsighted philosophy. It sounds like something I would come up with at a bar, 8 beers in, and just "had" to share with the world.)

Dremlock
07-08-2015, 06:57 AM

it does lead to an unbeatable advantage but it IS intended by the game's design. So not an exploit.

Strop
07-08-2015, 07:54 AM
how bout blocking haulers with avocado saplings and then dragging mobs onto them to the mobs destroy the hauler? Specifically in peace zones like Dewstone.

Katki
07-08-2015, 08:07 AM

If there is a way to resolve it- it is not an exploit- if someone plants trees and drags mobs... have friends there to kill the mobs. If someone is swiping a CC more than you, swipe harder. If someone is blocking a bridge- get friends to help carry packs.

Hodor69
07-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Celestrata,

Would you please obtain and post in the main post to this thread, the answer to:

Is harpooning a boat in a peace/safe zone, and then dragging them out to the PVP zone currently considered an exploit, or an allowable use of in-game mechanics?

Keep in mind this is a safe/peace zone, and dragging someone to be murdered and robbed is an act of piracy. It's much worse then cart blocking which is harassment. You took steps to stop cart blocking by adding multiple routes. AND, any basic clipper with BASIC SAIL can do this to an upgraded merchant ship. I did testing and a basic clipper can harpoon a merchant ship in a certain area and drag it, even though the merchant ship: has 2 celestial sails, weighs 40,000. Basic sail clipper STILL pulls it to its death.

Katki
07-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Celestrata,

Would you please obtain and post in the main post to this thread, the answer to:

Is harpooning a boat in a peace/safe zone, and then dragging them out to the PVP zone currently considered an exploit, or an allowable use of in-game mechanics?

Keep in mind this is a safe/peace zone, and dragging someone to be murdered and robbed is an act of piracy. It's much worse then cart blocking which is harassment. You took steps to stop cart blocking by adding multiple routes. AND, any basic clipper with BASIC SAIL can do this to an upgraded merchant ship. I did testing and a basic clipper can harpoon a merchant ship in a certain area and drag it, even though the merchant ship: has 2 celestial sails, weighs 40,000. Basic sail clipper STILL pulls it to its death.

And this can be avoided by simply using a hauler instead of a clipper....You are talking going safe routes, so I assume same continent. It can also be countered by having friends help you fight anyone trying to drag the ship into pvp.

luniz
07-08-2015, 08:32 AM
If I am fighting a world boss and use mechanics to ensure that boss can't attack me, however still remaining vulnerable to player attack; is this bannable?

Hodor69
07-08-2015, 08:35 AM
And this can be avoided by simply using a hauler instead of a clipper....You are talking going safe routes, so I assume same continent. It can also be countered by having friends help you fight anyone trying to drag the ship into pvp.

How does a clipper = merchant for carrying capacity? Clippers can be towed too. Any ship can. Perhaps you can't read... try re-reading the portion where I said basic sail clipper can tow a merchant with two upgraded sails that weighs 4 times as much as the clipper. Shall I repeat it slowly until it sinks into your thick skull? lol

Better yet, allow the Trion employee to officially answer. Or keep trolling and commenting and keep bumping it for me so that she sees it and responds. All I want is an official answer. Could care less what you or the peanut gallery think.

Katki
07-08-2015, 08:45 AM
How does a clipper = merchant for carrying capacity? Clippers can be towed too. Any ship can. Perhaps you can't read... try re-reading the portion where I said basic sail clipper can tow a merchant with two upgraded sails that weighs 4 times as much as the clipper. Shall I repeat it slowly until it sinks into your thick skull? lol

Better yet, allow the Trion employee to officially answer. Or keep trolling and commenting and keep bumping it for me so that she sees it and responds. All I want is an official answer. Could care less what you or the peanut gallery think.

Well this seems really clear to me

Just because you don't think the game mechs work how you think they should. But whatever, no need to be so personally nasty about it.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Celestrata,

To answer this one off the bat, while you are right to say that it doesn't make a perfect amount of sense, it still is allowed under the current mechanics. We can pass this along to the team for them to review for a future change, of course, but the idea in and of itself is currently allowed.

If you're being drug out into a PvP zone, or are worried about it, you may want to invest in some guards. Maybe bring some guild mates, or something of that nature.

As to the other questions, I'll slowly be getting to them throughout the day today, and I'll continue to update the thread.

Arialun
07-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Trion's definition of an exploit seems to lead for more questionable loopholes instead of solving it.

Time to update these do's and don't's, CM Celest.

talizzar
07-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Firing on a friendly target in a peace zone is terrible game design. XL has already indicated that they never considered players would do this? Really? Seems like a very easy fix. Peace zones should be just that. If you are docked in peaceful waters you should not have to worry about trolls trying to drag you out to sea.

Delarme
07-08-2015, 09:05 AM

http://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2014/05/24/9e7eeea3-ad3f-4de8-91ba-96a0c20046bb/resize/770x578/40c1644ba872a0151882968d469003d1/tow-pulling-the-ship-full.jpg

toot.

Wolfguarde
07-08-2015, 09:13 AM

It takes two people to load a trade ship. If the other player doesn't have a clipper they can use to drive through the rope/capsize the dragger, they should probably invest in one. A single clipper - particularly one with a propellant - can disrupt harpoon drags by multiple clippers if the driver has a bit of practice.

http://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2014/05/24/9e7eeea3-ad3f-4de8-91ba-96a0c20046bb/resize/770x578/40c1644ba872a0151882968d469003d1/tow-pulling-the-ship-full.jpg

toot.

Charter boat? What charter boat?

Gods Child
07-08-2015, 09:16 AM

It's intended and available to everyone.
You cant afford to spend as much money? Well, I can't play as many hours as the no lifers and therefore will never be able to compete with them. Should we cap game time spent to 1hour per day?

Kazuki
07-08-2015, 09:26 AM

Somebody has never watched a tugboat drag a cruise liner out of port >.>

Gods Child
07-08-2015, 09:31 AM

It's a clipper..... a catamaran. Not a tugboat.

Denick
07-08-2015, 09:37 AM

I would love to see that tugboat pull a cruise liner resisting being pulled, there is a difference between pulling dead weight and pulling on a ship actively trying to go in the other direction.

Gizmobrown
07-08-2015, 09:39 AM

omg, you make me laugh so much =D

But how to speak about a fair game if you can P2W?

Delarme
07-08-2015, 09:45 AM
I would love to see that tugboat pull a cruise liner resisting being pulled, there is a difference between pulling dead weight and pulling on a ship actively trying to go in the other direction.

Sailing ships have no such thing as 'reverse'. Meaning that the puller really just needs to steer the merchant ship into hostile water, which requires much less force. In fact you are using your target's speed and momentum against him.

Kazuki
07-08-2015, 09:59 AM

And I would love to see a clipper pull it off without lowering the sails(that is at least 4 people to take one merch, at the very least 2 on sails, 1 on harpoon and 1 driving) thus lowering your counter pull to what would be 0 pull kinda like the tug boat.......hmmmmm..........

Katki
07-08-2015, 10:01 AM
If there were real world physics in this game; donkeys would not fly, haulers would have collision, pine trees would take 20 years to mature and players would be able to loot all the armor off your cold, dead, rotting corpse.

Back to original topic:

So would you consider players repeatedly killing a pirate that is already in jail causing them to accumlate 48 minutes for each kill an exploit? I would assume so since the pirate cannot defend themselves due to the jail debuff.

For reference:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?201072-Reaper-TB-Exploit-shameful

Siobhan
07-08-2015, 10:04 AM

This is true in motorized ships. In sailing ship, there are a lot of other variables that will enable a smaller ship to tow a larger one, such as wind speed, direction, currents, and operator head space and timing. Having grown up around sailing vessels, I have seen smaller ships tow larger ships many times, some motorized, some not so much. In fact, it's kind of funny watching a small sailboat with nothing more than a trolling motor towing a 50' catamaran...lol

In this game, however, the mechanic is that any ship can tow any other ship via harpoon. It's not completely unavoidable, and there are ways to "unhook" the tow ship from the one that is towed. Bring friends, take over the tow ship's harpoon, bring another and harpoon the tow ship and tow both of them, pay the tow ship's captain off, fire one of the enemy ship's cannons at a guard (always fun) or simply have a bucketload of guildies grab packs and jump ship then despawn at the first chance you get. There is no reason to abandon the practice, just learn to mitigate the damage. Hate to say it, but this is a case of L2P, not an exploit (in my opinion.)

bizoiador
07-08-2015, 11:26 AM
@Celestrata PLEASE ANSWER!

Is the Leviathan pack thing considered an exploit? It still allows for players to kill you, so according to you it is not, but please confirm.

Kazuki
07-08-2015, 12:36 PM
If there were real world physics in this game; donkeys would not fly, haulers would have collision, pine trees would take 20 years to mature and players would be able to loot all the armor off your cold, dead, rotting corpse.

Back to original topic:
No it is not because there is another exploit you can use(I believe it still works) to use that situation to get out of jail free. I'm not saying its not wrong but that is how they think of it.

Denick
07-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Sailing ships have no such thing as 'reverse'. Meaning that the puller really just needs to steer the merchant ship into hostile water, which requires much less force. In fact you are using your target's speed and momentum against him.

Who said anything about reverse? An image was posted showing a small tug pulling a big freight ship to refute someones point that it makes no sense that a light clipper could pull a heavy and upgrade merch ship. I was simply saying that yes dead weight can be pulled easily by a smaller ship, but that if a ship was trying to resist it would be a different story. For example, in game a merch (Big Freight Boat) is at the docks with the bow of the boat aiming towards the docks and a clipper (Small Tug) harpoons it to drag it out to sea. If the merch ship has someone on the wheel trying to continue to sail forward into the docks then their should be no way that a single clipper should be able to pull it out to sea. That is not how it works ingame and I am not taking either side, I was just pointing out that using that picture as an example is not really accurate.

And I would love to see a clipper pull it off without lowering the sails(that is at least 4 people to take one merch, at the very least 2 on sails, 1 on harpoon and 1 driving) thus lowering your counter pull to what would be 0 pull kinda like the tug boat.......hmmmmm..........

And I am not sure of what your are saying. If you are saying that it makes sense that a clipper can pull a merch ship if they lower its sails first, then yes I would say I would agree with that, but at the same time there needs to be a defense to it, because if you are in a peace zone you cant fight them, so you should be able to have someone *guard* the sails by being on them kind of like how radar and cannons work.

BeaverCleaver
07-08-2015, 01:21 PM
So basically anything that would possibly let a player bypass purchasing gold from trion to gain decent equipment is not allowed. Everything else is fair game.

luniz
07-08-2015, 01:54 PM
If I am fighting a world boss and use mechanics to ensure that boss can't attack me, however still remaining vulnerable to player attack; is this bannable?

Still waiting for clarification.

Kazuki
07-08-2015, 01:59 PM
And I am not sure of what your are saying. If you are saying that it makes sense that a clipper can pull a merch ship if they lower its sails first, then yes I would say I would agree with that, but at the same time there needs to be a defense to it, because if you are in a peace zone you cant fight them, so you should be able to have someone *guard* the sails by being on them kind of like how radar and cannons work.

You can.........just have 2 people sit on the sails, nobody can touch them then -_-

Delarme
07-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Who said anything about reverse? An image was posted showing a small tug pulling a big freight ship to refute someones point that it makes no sense that a light clipper could pull a heavy and upgrade merch ship. I was simply saying that yes dead weight can be pulled easily by a smaller ship, but that if a ship was trying to resist it would be a different story. For example, in game a merch (Big Freight Boat) is at the docks with the bow of the boat aiming towards the docks and a clipper (Small Tug) harpoons it to drag it out to sea. If the merch ship has someone on the wheel trying to continue to sail forward into the docks then their should be no way that a single clipper should be able to pull it out to sea. That is not how it works ingame and I am not taking either side, I was just pointing out that using that picture as an example is not really accurate.

The solution to ship harpooning if the devs want to forbid it is to treat harpooning other ships as a hostile action, meaning it wont grab friendly ships in safe zones. You don't really need to change the physics of the game, which are fine. If you don't understand how a smaller ship can change the direction of a larger one then you can retake physics. The game models this fine even though there is fantasy propellant.

Denick
07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
The solution to ship harpooning if the devs want to forbid it is to treat harpooning other ships as a hostile action, meaning it wont grab friendly ships in safe zones. You don't really need to change the physics of the game, which are fine. If you don't understand how a smaller ship can change the direction of a larger one then you can retake physics. The game models this fine even though there is fantasy propellant.

It has nothing to do with my comprehension of physics, but rather from you not understanding what is being said or maybe I am misunderstanding what was being discussed. I will illustrate my point.

Clipper Ship Dock
<----- ------> |

A clipper in that scenario will not pull a larger vessel with better sails (more propulsion and mass) if it is using its full propulsion to drive into the docks and the clipper is pulling it in another direction. Now granted a ship would not be driving into the docks like that, but in this game you can and thus I was suggesting that using a picture of a tug pulling a larger boat is not a fair representation of the situation in game. There is no way in that scenario a smaller lighter vessel should be able to pull a larger vessel.

Now I have not been in this scenario since the ship physics update so I could be in the wrong here, but that was the situation I was envisioning when it was said that a clipper can pull a merch ship out of a safe zone. Someone then proceeded to argue that it makes sense by posting a picture of a tug pulling a freight ship.

failgaming
07-08-2015, 07:38 PM
To answer this one off the bat, while you are right to say that it doesn't make a perfect amount of sense, it still is allowed under the current mechanics. We can pass this along to the team for them to review for a future change, of course, but the idea in and of itself is currently allowed.

If you're being drug out into a PvP zone, or are worried about it, you may want to invest in some guards. Maybe bring some guild mates, or something of that nature.

As to the other questions, I'll slowly be getting to them throughout the day today, and I'll continue to update the thread.

and this is why most sea trade is dead.

failgaming
07-08-2015, 07:42 PM

toot.

you do know that the tug are not pulling it with just there own power the cargo ship engines are also pushing it forward, the tug is just guiding it also if that cargo vesille decided it wish to go another way it would pull that tug like a stick in the water.

Delarme
07-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Actually that picture was from a live drill to rescue a ship with engine failure before it could hit the bridge.

Its pulling it on its own.

But way to go. You can always count on someone on the internet to argue against something that actually happened.

Kazuki
07-09-2015, 06:40 AM
It has nothing to do with my comprehension of physics, but rather from you not understanding what is being said or maybe I am misunderstanding what was being discussed. I will illustrate my point.

Clipper Ship Dock
<----- ------> |

A clipper in that scenario will not pull a larger vessel with better sails (more propulsion and mass) if it is using its full propulsion to drive into the docks and the clipper is pulling it in another direction. Now granted a ship would not be driving into the docks like that, but in this game you can and thus I was suggesting that using a picture of a tug pulling a larger boat is not a fair representation of the situation in game. There is no way in that scenario a smaller lighter vessel should be able to pull a larger vessel.

Now I have not been in this scenario since the ship physics update so I could be in the wrong here, but that was the situation I was envisioning when it was said that a clipper can pull a merch ship out of a safe zone. Someone then proceeded to argue that it makes sense by posting a picture of a tug pulling a freight ship.

Right but you CAN'T pull a merch ship out solo if both sails are up. The only way to do it is if both of the merch ships sails are down. You can also foil this by keeping a harpoon cannon on your merch ship.

SkullMonkey
07-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Looking at that answer, should let you know that the floating ship is very stoppable if a player or group of players took the time to figure it out. One person with a clipper and a Harpoon can bring down the floating ship with a single hit, killing everyone on the boat. The Kraken itself can leap out of the water and do the same. The floating ship tactic was tried many times, all ending in defeat, except the last one and we all know how that ended (players that complained most when we finally did it, where the same ones there watching us fail over and over again laughing their behinds off at us). There was much crying and nashing of teeth, Trion said its a no no, so we stopped. But what it came down too is certain players didn't want to think it through and put in the time and practice into stopping it, so they cried foul and whined like little female dogs. (you know the word I'm thinking of.)

Anyways there are 100's of tactics in the game using mechanics that are not intended, if Trion doesn't like one in particular, they should give the players a warning before smashing down with the ban hammer. Id like someone to explain how that is not logical or reasonable for payers to expect from a company they put so much time and money in?

Quit defending your crappy exploit and learn how to kill it the right way. My guild has killed the Kraken 4 time now in the last 2 weeks.

SkullMonkey
07-09-2015, 08:24 AM

^^^^ This is what's killing the game. The game population is being segregated into a small minority of elite pay to win players that ♥♥♥♥♥ about not enough ppl are showing up for PvP while the rest of the playerbase struggles to get gear good enough to even be able to participate in PvP as most avoid it knowing they'd get facerolled by the pay to win minority.

SkullMonkey
07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Or you can play another game? People join this game under the premise of the game being payed members> free members, and yet they still complain endlessly about it.

You want to catch up? Farm prince coinpurses. 1 night = 400g at least.
Or complain more. But that doesn't usually work.

while I agree that people should just accept that this game is "Free to try" vs "Free to play" and that they should just get a patron account and be done with it.

But the simple fact of the matter is that the Pay to win Mechanics built into the game and it's heavy focus on gear is basically slowly killing this game. The fact of the matter is that Yes with enough time the average player can eventually catch up to the P2W players... but unless they are multiboxing or have no lives or jobs you're looking at months of grinding to catch up at which point the equipment point bar needed to realistically compete in PvP will have been raised once again by the P2W players who just shell out more cash to get an advantage.

What makes a PvP game good is BALANCED game mechanics and good PvP content. Both need improvement in AA but the advantage better gear gives you in this game is ridiculous. A crappy PvPer can become an unbeatable god with enough credit card swiping.

I always used to think I sucked at PvP until I got on the PTS just before the LvL 55 update. Once everyone was playing with equal gear I found myself beating nearly everyone I faced. I would stomp all the guys that used to beat me on live because they didn't have their gear advantage anymore. In fact one wouldn't dual me anymore because I flawless victoried him twice in a row. Guess he can't fight me unless he has a fully gemmed divine delphinad gale bow. The funny part is the PvP on the PTS during this time was amazing. Great battles that went on for hours and it was all about skill and tactics and playing around with different build combinations. Not what gear you have.

The gear is what's killing this game. On live you have a small minority with elite gear that sits around complaining that there isn't enough ppl PvPing and the rest of the playerbase avoiding PvP and focusing on grinding up their gear so they actually have a sporting chance once they enter the arena.

Great PvP games that have stood the test of time like League of Legends, guild wars 2, team fortress 2 and counterstrike are all great long lasting games because they have great balanced PvP mechanics and good pvp content with repeat playablilty.

In comparison Archeage's pay to win crafting and regrade mechanics completely unbalance PvP and the only decent PvP content that isn't horribly boring and repetitive is the Abyssal Kraken event.

Dynasty
07-09-2015, 08:44 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They can just look into your character account logs and figure out what you're doing.... Assuming they have a logging system in place that is.

SkullMonkey
07-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Or someone with extreme luck can beat a P2W user.

Remember, the main thing money gets you in this game are more chances at RNG, or to buy items that have defeated RNG.

The other day, I got a mythic triangular rig with a single sail (no mass-regrades or generations of sails). Someone selling APEX might not even see that for over $50.

right but those stories are few and far between... whereas someone with a big wallet can overcome RNG with sheer mass numbers of attempts consistently.

all this does is create unbalanced PvP and player base segregation.

Tranquility
07-09-2015, 09:26 AM
What about the farm cart's ability to store 4 packs rather than 2? This was supposed to have been fixed, and has indeed not been fixed. It is not players messing with code or using any third party programs...it's clicking on a full crate, pure and simple...it is still in effect and has yet to be remedied. It is *not* the player's responsibility to check the forum every day and see what Trion deems to be a misuse of the game and what isn't. If you're going to throw a $100 bill on the sidewalk in the middle of a busy downtown shopping area...*not* everyone is going to have the ethics (or the care to even think about ethics) to pick it up and hand it to the authorities (who would probably spend it anyway, LOL).

I am sure there is a simple fix to the farm cart - so please implement the fix, or I shall have to throw my body on the pavement, kick my legs, and commence hysterics. :)

Avenged
07-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Any word on the farm cart thing???

lewis
07-10-2015, 06:19 AM
I'm able to use 15 gods whips by ability cancelling now with skill queue, what's the go on this?

Traciatim
07-10-2015, 06:34 AM
I'm able to use 15 gods whips by ability cancelling now with skill queue, what's the go on this?

At least they will easily be able to tell who the macro players are now...

Jinsky
07-10-2015, 01:00 PM

While the Trion TOS says this:

Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

source: Section 11Ci http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

Does that mean the terms of use is different for Archeage than any other Trion game?

While I'm also on that topic, Trion's TOS also is opposed to scamming while apparently scamming is allowed for Archeage (but I can't find anything in the Archeage EULA).

Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Trion, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being “scammed” or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor or any other items that the user has earned or purchased through authorized game play in the Game (including but not limited to participation in player-run casinos, including those that utilize the roll mechanic);

source: Section 11Cii http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

Sharalith
07-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Just a small list of current exploits

Camera Zoom
Camera FoV
Terrain Fog Removal
No Underwater fog
No Water camera collision fog
Removal of top-side water ( optional )
Cut-Scene Removal
Songcraft Music Removal
Faster Night Cycle ( optional )
Object Distance Increase
Render Distance Increase
Vegetation Distance Increase
Auction House timers (hours/minutes/seconds)
Auction House speed bidding
Auction House speed buying
Auction House speed cancelling
Auction House always bids 1c higher & undercuts on selling
Auction House ability to see who posted & last bidder
Auction House refresh's instantly on demand
5v5 Arena anywhere for non-patron's
1v1 Arena anywhere for non-patron's
Casting Timer display
Exit Now button exiting ( even if in combat )
Distance to Target display
Chat Timestamps
No chat fadeout
Map timestamps displaying hours/minutes/seconds of peace|war|conflict remaining.
Removal of roadmap popup going between zones.
Escape jail easily.
Auto item rolling.
Friend Creeper
Smaller UI Scaling
Sunken Chest's Ez Finder
Arena Gate Skippin
Library Door Skipping
Divine Box Auto Collect
Black Pearl Finder
Customized HUD

Ghostaunt
07-11-2015, 03:36 AM
this is the first time i see an editor game that allow epxloit bug...
Wtf

Strop
07-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Celestrata,

Surely this HAS to be an exploit:
- plant a heap of avocados to block haulers
- round up a heap of mobs, in doing so the mobs then get a buff which dramatically reduces the damage taken. This is a in game mechanic to stop people mass AOE'ing mobs.
- once someone is caught on haulers, make mobs attack the hauler thus destroying it so packs drop to the ground.

The exploit here is that victim CANNOT kill the mobs because they have the damage reduction buff. Even the mobs in Dewstone become so much harder to kill, by the time you can they have destroyed your hauler.

If this is not a CLEAR exploit of game mechanics, to purely grief - they what is?

Adventure Awaits
07-11-2015, 11:15 AM

right.... how are we supposed to trust an outside website when Trion is constantly disassociating themselves with outside websites.

Kayah
07-12-2015, 12:41 PM
You know, I am actually surprised no one has brought up the fellowship thing. Wasn't that like a huge hot-button issue before? Or have people finally come to a consensus? Or is this thread just addressing PvP/Combat based exploits?

Jinsky
07-12-2015, 02:51 PM
You know, I am actually surprised no one has brought up the fellowship thing. Wasn't that like a huge hot-button issue before? Or have people finally come to a consensus? Or is this thread just addressing PvP/Combat based exploits?

By fellowship exploit, do you mean blocking the workbench with crates?

This thread is just so players can talk between themselves and think that someone from Trion is actually reading all of this.

You have to admit, this new "definition" of what an exploit is, it's a piece of crap. If you look at some of the other exploits that people had been banned for, you'll see that there is another definition of what an exploit is, in Trion's point of view.

Honor/Exp exploit. Unbeatable? For sure, you can kill those trying to kill the pirate. It is, in fact a pvp zone during war. But hey, people were banned even though the exploit could be beat.

Castle exploit. Unbeatable? Yes, as there was no way that this can be prevented by other players. Yet no one was banned.

Regardless if it was fixed or not within the code. The "unbeatable" exploit was still used and done by players without any action done against them.

I understand you cannot speak or change the decisions that have been done in the past, but you still speak for Trion. You are a representative of Trion, and speak on their behalf. So while you personally weren't here, these questions are directed at Trion and should ultimately receive a consistent response as you have mentioned yourself.

The only consistency that has been shown here in the point of view of your players, is that there is no consistency.

Before: Macros and exploits are not allowed.
Now: "Hardware" macros are ok, but software is not. Exploits are allowed as long as they can be beat. Otherwise, it will still be at the discretion of Trion.

Anoron
07-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Ill add this post to Jinsky

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?210195-Think-we-all-deserve-a-full-understand-Trion-s-reasoning-here.

Axho
07-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Hi Celestrata,

I have a question that I would like a definitive answer on if this is an allowed method of pirating trade packs.

Am I able to plant an avocado sapling down in front of a hauler to block it and then pull NPC mobs on top of the hauler to get it destroyed to steal their packs as an act of land pirating?

This out in the middle of grassy hills where some people take shortcuts. There are many other ways a player can go to get around this and they do not have to go by certain shortcuts. Players could stick to the roads and be safe. They could bring extra people to kill the NPC's. Also, the NPC's in question are only level 16...

reznoc
07-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Harpooning to get characters into a position where they become untargetable by players and enemy monsters in order to kill a boss -- This is not allowed, and may lead to action taken against your account.

This wasn't an isolated incident? Was I the one lucky guy who won a free lynching?

Does.... Does this mean I'm the Precedent?

:D

Rahvin
07-13-2015, 03:16 PM
@ celestrata...please leave the macro rule thread stickied for a while now that it's closed so there is no confusion as some players took what you said before as gospel that it's ok to macro now.

that way everyone who comes to forums will know that the rule hasn't changed after all and it's still one click/button-one action. :)

Imperatrix
07-13-2015, 03:35 PM
@ celestrata As someone who used a hardware macro for the purpose of crtl+1-10 and alt+1-10 with corresponding keys on the keyboard for each, and similar functions on a mouse and now this being considered bannable is absolutely ridiculous am I to understand that archeage must now be played with a standard keyboard and mouse or face a permaban?

Rahvin
07-13-2015, 03:38 PM
@ celestrata As someone who used a hardware macro for the purpose of crtl+1-10 and alt+1-10 with corresponding keys on the keyboard for each, and similar functions on a mouse and now this being considered bannable is absolutely ridiculous am I to understand that archeage must now be played with a standard keyboard and mouse or face a permaban?

As long as the remap macro= one button=one action you'll be fine...

If you're doing anything other than one button=one action...it's cheating

Imperatrix
07-13-2015, 03:41 PM
As long as the remap macro= one button=one action you'll be fine...

If you're doing anything other than one button=one action...it's cheating

so crtl +1-10 to a mx1-10 is ok or is it bannable?

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-13-2015, 04:08 PM
so crtl +1-10 to a mx1-10 is ok or is it bannable?

As stated before, 1 button, 1 action.

CavemanSean
07-13-2015, 05:27 PM

Alright, just so I'm 100% clear on this...

I have a Logitech G910 keyboard, lets say I bind my G keys like this;
Combat
G1 key to hit 'Shift+1' (Bloody Chanty) every 30 seconds
G2 key to hit 'Shift+2' (Bulwark Ballad) every 30 seconds
G3 key to hit 'Shift+3' (Ode to Recovery) every 30 seconds
G4 key to hit 'Shift+4' (Quickstep) every 30 seconds
G5 key to hit 'Shift+5' (Grief's Cadence) every 30 seconds

Farming
G6 key to hit 'F' every 10 seconds
I am 100% OK as each 'Key' = one action

Rahvin
07-13-2015, 05:32 PM

Combat

Farming

That's automation and you know it...you are getting multiple actions for one button..."EVERY 30 seconds"...etc.

Traciatim
07-13-2015, 05:41 PM

Combat

Farming

Like Rahvin said. That's automating it. If it was just G1 = Shift-F1 and you left it at that, then yes that's fine. Auto-repeating or doing key sequences is automated play.

CavemanSean
07-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Like Rahvin said. That's automating it. If it was just G1 = Shift-F1 and you left it at that, then yes that's fine. Auto-repeating or doing key sequences is automated play.

Oh I'm not denying that it'd be automated.. what I'm getting at is the way that they have chosen to word it makes it seem like my example would be acceptable.

once again... I quote

1 button = 1 action
with 1 button push, my character does 1 action. plain and simple.

If they are going to have rules then they should be well thought out & made to be understood by EVERYONE.

Now if you want to get into the 'Automated' argument, why is there the ability to auto-run?

Rahvin
07-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Oh I'm not denying that it'd be automated.. what I'm getting at is the way that they have chosen to word it makes it seem like my example would be acceptable.

once again... I quote

1 button = 1 action
with 1 button push, my character does 1 action. plain and simple.

If they are going to have rules then they should be well thought out & made to be understood by EVERYONE.

Now if you want to get into the 'Automated' argument, why is there the ability to auto-run?

Stop being intentionally obtuse please...you are getting MULTIPLE actions per button...you're just hoping the new CM will give you license to cheat...or arguing just to argue...

CavemanSean
07-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Stop being intentionally obtuse please...you are getting MULTIPLE actions per button...you're just hoping the new CM will give you license to cheat...or arguing just to argue...

No actually I'm not. what I am doing is pointing out how vague / 'grey' things are...

Now you state multiple actions per button... That I would argue about because its all in how you define 'action' me, in a game that is an MMORPG I would define an action as being something the character does in game (such as casting a spell)

So going off of that definition 1 button has my character do 1 'action', sure its over and over again, but no where have I seen in that OP anything about automated tasks.

Now if Trion where to chime in with what they would define as an action then this would take the grey area and make it black and white.
That is all I am asking for....

Here, lets give you a bit of an example Rahvin and lets see if this maby puts it into perspective for you.
Something happens to your computer and you take it into a repair shop, they tell you, your mainboard is cooked and you'll need a new one, they ask for $250.00 upfront as the mainboard would have to be special ordered... Now I know myself working in the IT industry one of the 1st things 90% of my customers ask me is "how long until its ready"
Would you prefer an answer like this "as soon as we get the part"
Or would you prefer an answer like this "The tracking number shows your part should arrive within the next 2 days, so give us 2-3 days"

Would you rather have a nice black and white answer or a grey answer that is left open to interpretation, me I want a nice black and white, THIS IS THE RULE

Sternweather
07-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Are you aware of what a "rules lawyer" is?

Strop
07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
going to keep posting until answered. Specifically on the point of exploiting the mob grouping mechanic.

Celestrata,

Surely this HAS to be an exploit:
- plant a heap of avocados to block haulers
- round up a heap of mobs, in doing so the mobs then get a buff which dramatically reduces the damage taken. This is a in game mechanic to stop people mass AOE'ing mobs.
- once someone is caught on haulers, make mobs attack the hauler thus destroying it so packs drop to the ground.

The exploit here is that victim CANNOT kill the mobs because they have the damage reduction buff. Even the mobs in Dewstone become so much harder to kill, by the time you can they have destroyed your hauler.

If this is not a CLEAR exploit of game mechanics, to purely grief - they what is?

Traciatim
07-13-2015, 07:32 PM
No actually I'm not. what I am doing is pointing out how vague / 'grey' things are...

Now you state multiple actions per button... That I would argue about because its all in how you define 'action' me, in a game that is an MMORPG I would define an action as being something the character does in game (such as casting a spell)

So going off of that definition 1 button has my character do 1 'action', sure its over and over again, but no where have I seen in that OP anything about automated tasks.

Now if Trion where to chime in with what they would define as an action then this would take the grey area and make it black and white.
That is all I am asking for....

Here, lets give you a bit of an example Rahvin and lets see if this maby puts it into perspective for you.
Something happens to your computer and you take it into a repair shop, they tell you, your mainboard is cooked and you'll need a new one, they ask for $250.00 upfront as the mainboard would have to be special ordered... Now I know myself working in the IT industry one of the 1st things 90% of my customers ask me is "how long until its ready"
Would you prefer an answer like this "as soon as we get the part"
Or would you prefer an answer like this "The tracking number shows your part should arrive within the next 2 days, so give us 2-3 days"

Would you rather have a nice black and white answer or a grey answer that is left open to interpretation, me I want a nice black and white, THIS IS THE RULE

It's not grey at all. If you press the button once and things happen on your character that everyone else would only get one of, then you are cheating. You can map things so that you can hit one button which maps to key combinations that translate in to one in game actions (Like G1 = Shift-1) because your one button still goes in to the game as one action. Loops and other fancy features are a no-no.

Jinsky
07-13-2015, 08:01 PM

You are confusing a single action vs repetitive automated actions. 1 key, 1 action, and not 1 key, repetitive actions. Please notice singular vs plural.

Furthermore, regardless if it's 30 seconds or 5 minutes or an hour, unattended gameplay is not allowed.

4g. decrypt or modify any data transmitted between client and server and you may not use, post, host or distribute macros, cheats, automation software ("bots"), hacks modifications ("mods") or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play;

source: https://www.archeagegame.com/eula/

Jinsky
07-13-2015, 11:02 PM
For better visibility on macros:

Key combinations programmed to keys or buttons is also a no-go.

Is using a macro or other scripted input method permitted?

No, using either will result in your account being suspended or terminated.

Keyword: script.

Katarina
07-13-2015, 11:30 PM
So in regards to this ?

Hey all!

So after discussing this with Customer Service, and looking at your posts, it's very clear that my understanding of the policy was incorrect. ArcheAge does have a different take on this, and you are all very right, we do not allow any macros in ArcheAge, be it software OR hardware.

If you do have a macro, it must be one key press to one key press, as others in this thread already pointed out.

I apologize for the confusion in this, and I shall update the exploits thread accordingly. If you have further discussion, please use that thread. Thanks all!

I am allowed to rebind my key's hardware side, and bind my Ctrl + alt key to quick cast spells, or mouse buttons to press a certain key as long as its one action per click similar to what I do in Dark Fall online binding my q, e, r, t, y, keys so i can press them in like a second or less each.

Because someone from my old guild in game was telling me using macros at all was illegal, and kicked my character just for talking about binding some keys.

Jinsky
07-14-2015, 12:01 AM
I am allowed to rebind my key's hardware side, and bind my Ctrl + alt key to quick cast spells, or mouse buttons to press a certain key as long as its one action per click similar to what I do in Dark Fall online binding my q, e, r, t, y, keys so i can press them in like a second or less each.

Like this wasn't clear enough?

Key combinations programmed to keys or buttons is also a no-go.

Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind.

One key, one button, one input, one keystroke, one action, one skill. Reassigning keybinds is fine, and can be done through in game methods.

Labidas
07-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Thanks for all the clarifications GMs.

It is now crystal CLEAR what is and what is not allowed.

If you people can't understand what is said and what is black and white not "grey" you should not be playing computer games but go back to school and learn to ♥♥♥♥ing understand simple rules.

Good job Trion team :)

balderdash
07-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Nothing against the previous guy, but @celestrata does exert a lot more effort into explaining and communicating well with the AA community. She takes the time to respond to queries and not just single double line posts. I hope this is a start of a better relationship between Trion and it's patrons

Trixologist
07-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis.

Thank you for updating the previous threads note and providing proper insight after reviewing it with the team.

Unfortunately, players were given the impression for about a week that macros were a-ok to use in AA. I'm sure several players took you at your word and ramped up their personal armies to crack the macro whip. It might be extremely beneficial to do an ingame blast stating that this decision has been extremely clarified now.

"No macros - don't do it" - Trino 2015 :)

Because someone from my old guild in game was telling me using macros at all was illegal, and kicked my character just for talking about binding some keys.

Good for them.

ADominion
07-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Celestrata.

You literally have a person in this thread from a guild that used the castle move exploit asking you if they will get in trouble if they found another way to move a castle through unintended gameplay, and you refuse to respond?

I appreciate the efforts you've made but can you please respond to the question that Elusios put in this thread? Thank you.

Streetlights
07-14-2015, 06:23 AM
Celestrata.

You literally have a person in this thread from a guild that used the castle move exploit asking you if they will get in trouble if they found another way to move a castle through unintended gameplay, and you refuse to respond?

I appreciate the efforts you've made but can you please respond to the question that Elusios put in this thread? Thank you.

And ban them for exploiting it previously. The whole guild, for that matter.

talizzar
07-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Ban the entire guild because XL coded their game badly and Trion failed to take steps making it an offense that could get you banned? The world we live in today.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Celestrata.

We as a team cannot make decisions on "what-ifs." If someone has found another way to exploit castles, then we'd appreciate you reporting it to us directly so we can both make an investigation and then make a decision.

I'm sure what people are looking for here is an overturning of the prior decision or some way to set a precedent for the future. Neither has occurred. Each instance needs to be weighed separately. If it has happened again then we will investigate that case against our current definition and we will take action as needed.

As to your question, Caveman, our policy is one button press, one action. Your example causes multiple actions (and it also leads into unintended gameplay, which is also against our rules.) That style is not allowed. Please do not do it.

Finally, as to the question on the hauler, while it is unfortunate that such a thing can occur, there are also ways around it. I can think of a few off the top of my head. Doing that specific strategy is allowed, but it may change via the game's rules in the future.

Jinsky
07-14-2015, 08:15 AM
As to your question, Caveman, our policy is one button press, one action. Your example causes multiple actions (and it also leads into unattended* gameplay, which is also against our rules.) That style is not allowed. Please do not do it.

Also, Celestrata, could you confirm that the recent definition of the term exploit is now different from the rules specified within Trion's own TOS?

11Ci. Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

source: http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Also, Celestrata, could you confirm that the recent definition of the term exploit is now different from the rules specified within Trion's own TOS?

While Trion's TOS does oversee all of our games, ArcheAge has been a unique beast that has required some tweaks and changes. (For example, allowing in-game scamming, in-game gambling for in-game currency, etc.) Yes, our approach to this aspect of the game differs from the TOS as well.

ADominion
07-14-2015, 08:39 AM
We as a team cannot make decisions on "what-ifs." If someone has found another way to exploit castles, then we'd appreciate you reporting it to us directly so we can both make an investigation and then make a decision.

I'm sure what people are looking for here is an overturning of the prior decision or some way to set a precedent for the future. Neither has occurred. Each instance needs to be weighed separately. If it has happened again then we will investigate that case against our current definition and we will take action as needed.

As to your question, Caveman, our policy is one button press, one action. Your example causes multiple actions (and it also leads into unintended gameplay, which is also against our rules.) That style is not allowed. Please do not do it.

Finally, as to the question on the hauler, while it is unfortunate that such a thing can occur, there are also ways around it. I can think of a few off the top of my head. Doing that specific strategy is allowed, but it may change via the game's rules in the future.

Then i have a follow-up, direct question.

Is there a legitimate, intended gameplay mechanic in Trion's eyes, where a castle that is currently placed can be moved to a different placement spot in that zone? Yes or no?

Kurita
07-14-2015, 09:06 AM
You always says " one button press, one action ". But i allways have the question:

If you detect ( however ) that i got a device ( Keyboard or mouse ) where macros a possible, what happend? Do i search now in Ebay to get an old cherry keyboard? What if a GM come an banned me, without using a third party tool, only because he saw that i get such a device? Do i have live now in fear?

A friend of mine got a high skill in mining, uses this gloves with mining, had scrolls which were sold by bluesalt, and could mining very fast. He was banned because one GM said he were using a third party tool. He got only a logitech keyboard.

The rule "one button press, one action" is vage.

ADominion
07-14-2015, 09:14 AM
You always says " one button press, one action ". But i allways have the question:

If you detect ( however ) that i got a device ( Keyboard or mouse ) where macros a possible, what happend? Do i search now in Ebay to get an old cherry keyboard? What if a GM come an banned me, without using a third party tool, only because he saw that i get such a device? Do i have live now in fear?

A friend of mine got a high skill in mining, uses this gloves with mining, had scrolls which were sold by bluesalt, and could mining very fast. He was banned because one GM said he were using a third party tool. He got only a logitech keyboard.

The rule "one button press, one action" is vage.

It's not vague at all. Your friend being banned is for an entirely different reason. I assume because other people trying to mine were pissed at him for taking their spots and mass reported him.

One button, one action. That is not vague.

Neocaridina
07-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Seraphina,
Can you please confirm that you have actually confirmed any of this in formation so it is not changing again in a week.

On another note now that you have changed yet another definition of a word, how could cars possibly be unbeatable as per your description when they were easily crashed, flipped, rolled etc etc and the real exploit of the mount affecting physics of one car already had been fixed? Apparently bringing need for the recent exploit fix on car speeds...

please confirm this official new definition of the word exploit by linking a credible dictionary containing this exact meaning.

Neo

Neocaridina
07-14-2015, 10:52 AM
It's not vague at all. Your friend being banned is for an entirely different reason. I assume because other people trying to mine were pissed at him for taking their spots and mass reported him.

One button, one action. That is not vague.

Anything they say is vague, how many more times do you need them tell you the wrong thing? It is a common occurrence here, now they are trying to change definitions of words like they tried to do with multi boxing in rift, they can't btw.

Neocaridina
07-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Why is this thread not into general discussion where it will get seen a lot more?

It should be stickied there right above the thread that links to this one.

ADominion
07-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Anything they say is vague, how many more times do you need them tell you the wrong thing? It is a common occurrence here, now they are trying to change definitions of words like they tried to do with multi boxing in rift, they can't btw.

Do you know what vague means? I'm not saying they haven't gone back and forth, or spread misinformation. I'm saying the statement "one keypress, one action" is not vague...and it isn't.

People make mistakes, at least Celestrata admitted it and owned up to being misinformed on the macroing issue. I can appreciate that.

Neocaridina
07-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Do you know what vague means? I'm not saying they haven't gone back and forth, or spread misinformation. I'm saying the statement "one keypress, one action" is not vague...and it isn't.

People make mistakes, at least Celestrata admitted it and owned up to being misinformed on the macroing issue. I can appreciate that.

Haha no, get your nose out of it. She straight up said its fine for days without even caring to know or even CONSULTING anybody.

Neocaridina
07-14-2015, 09:16 PM

If you think we can't see a Trion employee posting on a sock account your wrong buddy. You have no credibility especially since you work for them.

Katarina
07-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Like this wasn't clear enough?

One key, one button, one input, one keystroke, one action, one skill. Reassigning keybinds is fine, and can be done through in game methods.

Thanks now it is, although there is absolutely no way for Trion to detect, or Enforce players from not using Logitech Remapping Software, or other game controller software to press basic keys unless they fix "Hack Shield" to automatically close the game until such software is not running on a computer, which means that a lot of players would no longer be playing, I have played other games with "Hack Shield" on it which did not allow certain background "VPN" services I use because it detected them as hacks.

The biggest complaint about Macros however seems to be the fact players were exploiting GODS whip, and regardless of using an automated macro with key-press which I Consider illegal no matter what players will still abuse the function using remapped keys outside of the game unless.

a.) Trion Disables all third party software from game-pad companies which would make a lot of players quit the game.
b.) Instead of going through this hassle fix the game so players can't exploit skills like gods whip with fast key presses which solves the whole problem.

Not that I abuse illegal macro's but I know from experience that it will still go on regardless of rules unless there is an actual way to enforce them.

Axho
07-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi Celestrata,

I have a question that I would like a definitive answer on if this is an allowed method of pirating trade packs.

Am I able to plant an avocado sapling down in front of a hauler to block it and then pull NPC mobs on top of the hauler to get it destroyed to steal their packs as an act of land pirating?

This out in the middle of grassy hills where some people take shortcuts. There are many other ways a player can go to get around this and they do not have to go by certain shortcuts. Players could stick to the roads and be safe. They could bring extra people to kill the NPC's. Also, the NPC's in question are only level 16...

@Celestrata ... Please see above as no answer has been given on this..

ADominion
07-15-2015, 06:03 AM
If you think we can't see a Trion employee posting on a sock account your wrong buddy. You have no credibility especially since you work for them.

LOL.

You caught me...I'm totally a Trion employee. Now excuse me while I go give myself a free mythic katana.

Rahvin
07-15-2015, 09:07 AM
LOL.

You caught me...I'm totally a Trion employee. Now excuse me while I go give myself a free mythic katana.

Free mythic katanas for EVERYONE...muahahahaha.

Oh wait, what's that you say?

There was an event?

It was designed really poorly?

Everybody already has mythic katanas?

Ok, nevermind then, move along people, nothing to see here. :cool:

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-15-2015, 02:12 PM

I'd like to state that we have a no tolerance rule here at the office for people posting on personal accounts anonymously. If it's a Trion employee, they are asked to post with official staff names.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-15-2015, 02:13 PM
@Celestrata ... Please see above as no answer has been given on this..

I did answer that one multiple times. That is allowed. While it may change in the future via code changes or something like that, it's currently allowed as there are ways around it.

reznoc
07-15-2015, 03:24 PM
@Khrolan
@Celestrata
@Trion

Before I ask my question I want to highlight some things, to keep them in mind:

07-07-2015, From OP:

07-15-2015, ArcheAge Producer’s Letter – Summer 2015

Over the last two months, we experienced a couple of exploitation issues with regard to game mechanics. We fixed these as quickly as possible, and we’re happy to report that the ill-gotten gains were removed. Extreme exploiters were permanently banned. We have a zero-tolerance policy for exploit abuse. While we regret having to take such harsh action, there are times when it is warranted. Our goal is to maintain a level playing field for everyone in ArcheAge. To help improve communication around this topic, please read more about our abuse classifications.

07-15-2015, from OP:

While Trion's TOS does oversee all of our games, ArcheAge has been a unique beast that has required some tweaks and changes. (For example, allowing in-game scamming, in-game gambling for in-game currency, etc.) Yes, our approach to this aspect of the game differs from the TOS as well.

I'm glad that Trion is moving ArcheAge in a new direction. You guys are actually being a lot more active in the community than I can recall.

But I have a question.

I'm going to respect your policy for not discussing the ban and appeals process. I'll try to, at least. Let's use hypothetical's.

Let's say, hypothetically*, that 17 days before the Producer's Letter (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/15/archeage-producers-letter-summer-2015/), and 9 days before Exploits and you: A community guide to what goes, and what doesn’t (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?208840-Exploits-and-you-A-community-guide-to-what-goes-and-what-doesn%92t) were posted, some harpoon enthusiast does something stupid.

This stupid thing was posted about in a thread on 06-20-2015; and this harpoon enthusiast took the community's response and the lack of Trion's response as a sign of 'OK' or just general indifference on Trion's part. The harpoon enthusiast should have realized that maybe Trion just didn't get wind of that thread.

There were no guidelines for him to follow. No thread that lists all the common questionable things, that has a single item listed as something he shouldn't even attempt for laughs:

Instead, since it was a fun and funny challenge, this harpoon enthusiast kept working at it. On 06-20-2015 he finally manages to pull of the stupid thing. Instead of laughter, he sees that people are outraged. He figures that what he did was pretty stupid, that it upset people. He's certain Trion will chime in and take reasonable action. He fully expects any gains from his stupid deed to be removed. He thinks, that with how outraged people appear, that he might even get some sort of punishment.

It was his first offense, it seemed like such a bizarre and hopefully isolated bit of stupidity. Surely Trion would give him a warning and tell everyone that what he did was stupid and not OK. They might even suspend him for a while.

Instead, they take his main account, the account he's been very actively playing for nearly 11 months. The account with thousands upon thousands of hours spent playing, spent building upon his character. All the triumphs he's had over RNG, the rare loot, the event-only items, the land he was borrowing from a friend to put his storage chests on. ..

This hypothetical guy has been one of ArcheAge NA's most dedicated players, but they take all of that and they flush it. Permanently.

So he investigates, he reads, he communicates with the people he upset. He learns a lot, he get depressed from a lot of the things people say and think about him on the forums.

He tries to be civil, he even writes a 12-page long accounting of the stupid thing he did, he sends it to the right department at Trion. But he gets the cold shoulder. He get the same cold shoulder over and over.

All of this, of course: hypothetical.

So. My question is this: How is this a reasonable consequence? How is this even considered the right thing to do? Why give others fair warning, a chance for them to avoid doing something irrecoverable to their account; and yet punish those who did not get said warnings or guidelines? When these sorts of things are addressed on a case by case basis, why do you implement some no-tolerance policy before notifying the community?

edit:
If you're going to lay down the law. Go for it. New Sheriff in town? Awesome. Should probably do the pew-pew AFTER you give the speech about how 'things about going to change around here.' Write up the new law and tack it on the post in-front of the feed-store. Its not cool when the new Sheriff shoots the village idiot thinking he's some hardened criminal.

Elu
07-15-2015, 11:03 PM

You can consider a "what-if" situation. Especially for something like this. I am not looking for an overturning of the prior decision because then action would probably be taken against myself for being in the guild that has a castle from a location that was not the originally claimed location.

So, if someone found a way to move a castle or make a zone reclaimable like the previous unintended mechanic, what action will be taken? Would it be similar to the same action taken for the first instance or will it be changed?

Also, you could take every question about exploits in this thread as "what-ifs". "What if" someone knows a way to make it so you can kill Morpheus's cannons without aggroing Morpheus? "What if" someone were able to find another way to put a tradepack on his back while being on a skateboard?

The point of this thread is to ask "what if" someone does something that can be deemed an exploit, right? If you don't want to consider "what if" possible exploits/unintended gameplay mechanics, then you are just waiting for someone to find an even bigger unintended gameplay mechanic that could cause a lot worse things to this game. Consider the "what-ifs" so it's known before it happens.

Anoron
07-16-2015, 08:24 AM
@Khrolan
@Celestrata
@Trion

Reznoc asks some darn good questions and which we would all like to get an answer for. He was/is a very positive piece of content for not just our faction, or server, but his adventures are followed by players on several servers. The guides he provides, wisdom and humor adds a great deal of spice to this game and without it, its becoming pretty bland.

Larcen
07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
....stuff

Sounds like a legit question to me.

Vitiate
07-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I think reznoc is right on the ball. His reasoning is sound and I believe an overreaction needs to be resolved.

luniz
07-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Please reconsider the ban on reznoc. If you are trying to send a message, send it to somebody who is trying to abuse unknown bugs to gain an unfair advantage, not somebody using a well known, commonly used game mechanic to pull of something spectacular that doesn't do any harm to anybody else.

Siobhan
07-16-2015, 12:14 PM
/snip

/snip

/snip

/snip

/snip

I do agree that if the ban was a definite overreaction then it needs to be reversed...

However, having said that, and with all due respect to Reznoc, we have all heard so many times that somebody (or somebody's friend) only "did it once just to see" or was unjustly banned for one reason or other that we have become somewhat jaded when it comes to concerns that may be legitimate. Many of us take posts like Reznoc's with a large grain of salt and tend to think there is not enough information to say whether it's "true" or not.

So, sadly, unless there is undeniable proof that Reznoc is on the up and up, I think the ban should remain. Not because I think he is guilty or innocent, but because if they apply the same reasoning to any other exploit ban they have handed down, then everyone who used any exploit ever before it was "announced" that it was not allowed would be able to appeal their ban, even if it is detrimental to the game, as the APEX dupe exploit and the "one empty inventory slot to get uber item" were.

I'm sorry for your troubles, Reznoc, but they need to take into consideration whether or not they will have to hear appeals on every other exploit ban ever.

AegisXOR
07-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Celestrata, something needs to be done about land placement. It's pretty well-known that there are people using client modifications and even less scrupulous means to go to demolitions and place structures so fast it is physically impossible for a legitimate player to compete. Something needs to change. Or at least a conversation needs to happen.

I'm aware this is something XLgames would have to work on. But nobody likes knowing that they lost their chance at a plot of land and there's literally nothing they could have done about it without cheating. And nobody likes to have a plot of land stolen out from under their nose and then sold back to them.

I think there needs to be a 30-second window after someone attempts to place a building where other people can also place things down, and have the server roll on the winner. Obviously this is just something random off the top of my head. But as things are, there's nothing we can do. GameGuard won't help. Give it a week and hackers and bots will be right back at it.

Omega Rugal
07-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Reznoc should not be banned.
There were 2 guilds involved. No one else got banned. You have had people dupe items and get away with a 24 hour ban. There are botters and teleport hackers all over and they only get temporarily banned.
Enough of your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Do the right thing for once.

ihatestyrofoam
07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Please review this, Reznoc wasn't treated fairly.

reznoc
07-16-2015, 09:33 PM
I do agree that if the ban was a definite overreaction then it needs to be reversed...

However, having said that, and with all due respect to Reznoc, we have all heard so many times that somebody (or somebody's friend) only "did it once just to see" or was unjustly banned for one reason or other that we have become somewhat jaded when it comes to concerns that may be legitimate. Many of us take posts like Reznoc's with a large grain of salt and tend to think there is not enough information to say whether it's "true" or not.

I've tried, in several forms, to provide more than enough information. This includes 12-pages, with foot-notes, submitted to Trion.

So, sadly, unless there is undeniable proof that Reznoc is on the up and up, I think the ban should remain.

Once accused, how does one prove one is not a witch? I've always valued my integrity over my popularity. Unfortunately, any character references I might provide would go something like:

My Guild: He's a great guy. He's stolen merchant ships before and then just let us take the packs. He just loves harpooning things.

People on my server that like or know me: He's a cool guy. A troll, but funny one, not the mean type. He's honest, even when it doesn't win him popularity contests. Do not leave your boats around him, he will do something crazy. He'll even tell you that he's going to try to steal your packs, if you ask him.

People on my server who I've pissed off: A stupid troll. An idiot. A green pirate. (I don't want to generalize too much, I actually don't know much about how people who don't share the same faction chat view me). If he exploited, ban him. Set an example.

People on my server who have no clue who I am: Who is this Reznoc guy?

Everyone else: Ban him. Get rekt.

Not because I think he is guilty or innocent, but because if they apply the same reasoning to any other exploit ban they have handed down, then everyone who used any exploit ever before it was "announced" that it was not allowed would be able to appeal their ban, even if it is detrimental to the game, as the APEX dupe exploit and the "one empty inventory slot to get uber item" were.

This is where things get tricky, right?
I'll try to respond without opening a massive can of worms and inviting a toxic parade of comments.

This was done once (yes, there were prior attempts). This was not explicitly done for my personal gain (yes, it could have resulted in it). This was a creative, yet idiotic, method that I had to figure out. A method to kill the Kraken, it resulted in a single Kraken kill. There are things that are obviously exploitative, such as duping APEX or other items. There are things that are exploitative yet are considered OK by Trion. There are things that are exploitative, that are NOT considered OK by Trion.

As I said before, if I had known these new guidelines and their zero-tolerance stance on exploits: I wouldn't have even risked it, not even JUST to see if it was OK. I value my account too much for that.

Greasyhurricane
07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
I put the thread up about the kraken glitch or whatever you want to call it. I didn't want Reznoc to get perma banned even thou it seems like that's what I wanted. I just wanted some sort of punishment or fix to the problem that would happen again. So please review his ban, he didn't deserve a perma ban.

Bogart
07-17-2015, 03:46 AM
So if someone discovered an exploit and tries to do it they get instant ban?
Instead of fixing that said exploit you guys would result into banning the player who discovered it?
Well ♥♥♥♥ that ♥♥♥♥ whenever I discover an exploit i am keeping it to myself.

Northrop
07-17-2015, 04:20 AM
So if someone discovered an exploit and tries to do it they get instant ban?
Instead of fixing that said exploit you guys would result into banning the player who discovered it?
Well ♥♥♥♥ that ♥♥♥♥ whenever I discover an exploit i am keeping it to myself.

He found the exploit, tested it, and then went on to actually use it to exploit content. I think that's the information you're missing. "I found the apex exploit, tested it a couple times just to make sure it duped the credits, but I mean I wasn't sure until I bought over 100 of "xxx" box that it worked properly."

reznoc
07-17-2015, 05:09 AM
He found the exploit, tested it, and then went on to actually use it to exploit content. I think that's the information you're missing. "I found the apex exploit, tested it a couple times just to make sure it duped the credits, but I mean I wasn't sure until I bought over 100 of "xxx" box that it worked properly."

I 'found' the exploit, tested it, and then went and used it to exploit content?

The term 'exploit' is being thrown around like its the new catch-all term for any 'bad thing'. Many people are taking completely different situations/actions and comparing them. Please actually think, don't just start spewing out logical fallacies.

So many things wrong with what you said, and sadly I really doubt you even care.

Please stop dropping by and offering bad information. Pretty much the same stuff I said in response to Nooani:

Please stop trying to force me into whatever stereo-type you're imagining.

Please stop construing things.

Please stop twisting my words and then writing a long post about someone you do not know and how they deserve what they got.

Please. It is unproductive and abusive. It is hurtful.

There were already 25 pages of this..

Folks keep putting their own spin on it. That's nothing new. It's the internet.

This is my account, man. I'm trying to resolve what I believe was an abrupt and overly severe ruling. It's hard enough just trying to get in contact with the right people who actually have the power to alter their decision. Having folks drop by and give their 2-cents about how I deserve what I got, or how this was like that, etc... That's just messed up.

Collusion
07-17-2015, 06:37 AM
I am here from the west to show support for Reznoc, and respectfully disagree with Trion's decision to permanently ban him.

The current policy on permabanning people needs to be reassessed. Reznoc isn't a bad person; he's just a troll who likes to harpoon things. In the months Reznoc has been playing, he has been seeking a way to become viable. He made his impact. It was hilarious. Now he is gone. It's a sad state of affairs.

Perhaps some punishment was necessary to correct the behavior, but permanently banning people should be reserved for people whom are deliberately hateful towards other people. Reznoc isn't hateful; nor is he trying to negatively impact the gameplay of other people. He's trying to have fun and harpoon things. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

The guild who discovered him doing this and reported him on the forum is agreeing to help him re-gear if he decides to start all over again. It's things like this that should stand out and make you rethink your decision to permanently ban Reznoc, and I encourage you to do so.

Fritemare
07-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Unban Reznoc!

Siobhan
07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
/snip

As I said before, if I had known these new guidelines and their zero-tolerance stance on exploits: I wouldn't have even risked it, not even JUST to see if it was OK. I value my account too much for that.

Reznoc, I truly did not mean to try to tarnish your reputation. I was stating the fact that in general, when someone says "I did it only once and got banned," or "My friend blahblahblah<" we tend to be somewhat cautious when throwing our support behind them.

I agree wholeheartedly that in this situation, with the references (while not proof, they directly speak of your character) you have given, that the ban was most likely a knee jerk reaction and you should be unbanned and reinstated ASAP.

As you said, the tricky part is that there will be others who try, as you have, to get Trion to unban them "because they only tried it to see if it would work" or that they "didn't know it was an exploit until Trion said something." They have to walk the thin line of either giving you your account back and dealing with bogus claims, or keeping your account closed and using it as proof that even casual "exploiters" (sic) are getting banned.

The issue i do have personally with your comments are in the last line of the referenced post:
You say that if you had known their stance on potentially game breaking exploits, you wouldn't have done it even once. I feel as though you had to have known somewhere in your consciousness that what you were doing was outside the realm of emergent gameplay" and if repeated by (insert number) of other players that it could potentially wreck the economy, break the game or have other consequences.

The thing is that if you had found the glitch/exploit, the correct action would have been to contact support and tell them about it rather than try it repeatedly to see if it could be done.

Again, in case you missed it, I truly do hope they unban you. I think there are much worse things going on out there than this, and I do believe you. I just have a few personal issues with what has been reported here in this forum thread.

beans
07-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I 'found' the exploit, tested it, and then went and used it to exploit content?

The term 'exploit' is being thrown around like its the new catch-all term for any 'bad thing'. Many people are taking completely different situations/actions and comparing them. Please actually think, don't just start spewing out logical fallacies.

So many things wrong with what you said, and sadly I really doubt you even care.

Please stop dropping by and offering bad information. Pretty much the same stuff I said in response to Nooani:

Folks keep putting their own spin on it. That's nothing new. It's the internet.

This is my account, man. I'm trying to resolve what I believe was an abrupt and overly severe ruling. It's hard enough just trying to get in contact with the right people who actually have the power to alter their decision. Having folks drop by and give their 2-cents about how I deserve what I got, or how this was like that, etc... That's just messed up.

If you were truly just testing it, you could have stopped at any time near the end, or even done it on the pts. You knew full well it was wrong and what you were actually testing was how far you could get with it / what trion would accept. You also knew full well posting this on a public forum would come with negative posts, just like you disliked the initial kraken thread. Good luck with it but I have a similar view as Siobhan.

Rahvin
07-17-2015, 12:35 PM
how does one prove one is not a witch?

We could always do what they used to do in 17th century America- tie your hands and feet and throw you in the lake/river to see if you float or not.

:p

reznoc
07-17-2015, 02:21 PM
I feel as though you had to have known somewhere in your consciousness that what you were doing was outside the realm of emergent gameplay"

Somewhere in my consciousness, sure. This is why I was at least emotionally prepared for some sort of punishment if Trion didn't approve. I was not prepared for this abrupt, no questions asked, no exceptions, sorry but go f*** yourself response from Trion. It did not even enter into my imagined worst-case scenario. I have ADHD and clinical depression, with a side of rather mild autism: my brain comes up with a lot of scenarios about how things will effect me, and trust me when I say that most of them are bad.

and if repeated by (insert number) of other players that it could potentially wreck the economy, break the game or have other consequences.

Unfortunately, the very public way this was brought to Trion's attention also inspired some people to go try it themselves (this isn't a dig at those who make it public). Most of the people foolish enough to try will probably fail. That's a good thing. Good for them, and good for the game as a whole.

The Kraken shouldn't be a 5 to 10 player world boss, regardless of the players' gear or technique (or exploit, or abuse of game mechanics, or creativity).

Look, while I am a fairly bright guy, I do not always consider my actions from every possible angle before or during said action. There are plenty of hind-sight based point that people are making that I agree with, in hind-sight.

The thing is that if you had found the glitch/exploit, the correct action would have been to contact support and tell them about it rather than try it repeatedly to see if it could be done.

I want to be as honest as I can be here. I know it's going to work against me when some people will hunt through anything I write, searching for the weak spot. The inconsistency. The opening. Et cetera.

I wanted to keep trying until one of the following occured:

Getting negative feedback from the server's community. I may be called a troll more often than not, but I don't 'troll' to incite anger or discontent; I troll to either make people laugh, get confused, or just reinforce their belief that I'm an idiot. I actually value the community's well-being. That doesn't mean I'm out to make sure everyone thinks I'm a saint in-game. (also, I probably shouldn't have made a funny post in the first thread. People laughed and moved on. Only one or two strangers said anything bad about it.)
Trion got wind of it from the forums or a prior report and told me "No, stop that. Not cool."
I became convinced that it was impossible or required an improbable amount of resources.
The attempts became overly tedious or boring.
We encountered completely demoralizing resistance. (I assumed it was contestable. I didn't put much thought/effort into making sure that it was.)
We finally killed it.

In the unlikely event that we actually were able to kill it: <This is where I tell you that I was ready to do the ideal thing>
Nope. I didn't even bring up loot-distribution plans for the guild ahead of time, something that would have given my guild-mates false hope about actually killing the Kraken.

When I saw that we might actually be able to kill it: I put every bit of focus and effort into killing it (it was not easy, but still, in hind-sight-- how difficult it was doesn't make it right). When it died, I focused on timing my drop and jump from the galleon so that I could loot the corpse before dying. Again, at that time I was not thinking big-picture. I had this challenge/goal/task/etc in front of me, and I am still completely focused on that.

After I looted, then things slowly started to change in my mind. Seeing the immediate response, how the people who were trying to stop me were NOT amused in the slightest. That alone squashed any sense of accomplishment or joy.

So yeah. Stuff I said before about contacting Trion ahead of time instead of trying it. Hind-sight. That suggestion would have seemed ridiculous a month ago. Things are changing.

Again, in case you missed it, I truly do hope they unban you. I think there are much worse things going on out there than this, and I do believe you. I just have a few personal issues with what has been reported here in this forum thread.

That's all good man. Thank you. I don't mind attempting to clarify things, or expound upon my actions or intentions. (It's the drive-by egging that.... eggs me.)

And now for teh legume!

If you were truly just testing it, you could have stopped at any time near the end, or even done it on the pts.
PTS was not a viable option since it's actually harder to get decent cannons there due to the lack of designs. There is also the whole thing about bothering people to spend their playing-time messing around on the PTS.

I couldn't stop, Beans. I couldn't stop. I was in the zone!

You knew full well it was wrong . . .

I knew it might be wrong. I didn't 'full well' know it was wrong else I wouldn't have done it. You kinda know me, you should know that the kill/loot were far far less of my goal than the actual experience, etc.

. . . what trion would accept.

Again vit ze test talking. Let me be clear: I wasn't trying to see how much I could get away with. Meaning: I did not want to hide it from Trion, nor had any plans/hopes of getting away with it without them knowing. We're getting into semantics here. I did want to see if Trion would accept it.

We know they did not.

We could always do what they used to do in 17th century America- tie your hands and feet and throw you in the lake/river to see if you float or not.

:p

:D

Thank you for providing context for me to post:

sglyFwTjfDU

Nych
07-17-2015, 11:20 PM

There is no safe route. Only routes where the enemy is in your own faction. The immovable hauler is an affront to the drag-able ship. The most common form of PvP in this game seems to be within one's own faction. Many folks I know have left the game to parts-not-here because the producers and developers do not have a clear definition of exploitative behavior. Not a dictionary definition, but a clear intent of what behavior they wish to promote and discourage. Sad really...

Katarina
07-19-2015, 12:45 AM
I have a quick question because I got into trouble for posting this here in this thread, could anyone please give me the definition of a "Sock Puppet" I googled this and saw little Elmo hand mittens in the shape of socks and stuff.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?208840-Exploits-and-you-A-community-guide-to-what-goes-and-what-doesn%92t&p=1824827#post1824827

Sharalith
07-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Just a small list of current exploits

Camera Zoom
Camera FoV
Terrain Fog Removal
No Underwater fog
No Water camera collision fog
Removal of top-side water ( optional )
Cut-Scene Removal
Songcraft Music Removal
Faster Night Cycle ( optional )
Object Distance Increase
Render Distance Increase
Vegetation Distance Increase
Auction House timers (hours/minutes/seconds)
Auction House speed bidding
Auction House speed buying
Auction House speed cancelling
Auction House always bids 1c higher & undercuts on selling
Auction House ability to see who posted & last bidder
Auction House refresh's instantly on demand
5v5 Arena anywhere for non-patron's
1v1 Arena anywhere for non-patron's
Casting Timer display
Exit Now button exiting ( even if in combat )
Distance to Target display
Chat Timestamps
No chat fadeout
Map timestamps displaying hours/minutes/seconds of peace|war|conflict remaining.
Removal of roadmap popup going between zones.
Escape jail easily.
Auto item rolling.
Friend Creeper
Smaller UI Scaling
Sunken Chest's Ez Finder
Arena Gate Skippin
Library Door Skipping
Divine Box Auto Collect
Black Pearl Finder
Customized HUD

No answer yet so i can use all of this yeah?

Jinsky
07-19-2015, 11:44 PM
No answer yet so i can use all of this yeah?

That's a mod, not an exploit. Mods are not allowed.

Adventure Awaits
07-19-2015, 11:59 PM
....deleted

Dilvish
07-20-2015, 04:51 AM
Then they shouldn't call them safe zones. 'Safe' should mean once you have made it there, you're not at risk anymore. Having a ship harpooned and dragged by your own faction to a pvp zone means you were not safe.

Traciatim
07-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Then they shouldn't call them safe zones. 'Safe' should mean once you have made it there, you're not at risk anymore. Having a ship harpooned and dragged by your own faction to a pvp zone means you were not safe.

They aren't called safe zones, they are controlled zones.

Rahvin
07-20-2015, 05:21 PM
They aren't called safe zones, they are controlled zones.

^ true story...whenever I am bored I can usually be found cart pushing afk'ers into mobs in Tigerspine or Windshade (depending on which character I'm playing)

Don't judge me...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/darkunion/archeage♥♥♥♥edupcat_zpsb18fadaa.png

Trolls need to have fun too :p

CalliCat
07-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Planting Avocados/other trees to block a hauler while monsters kill it -- This strategy is allowed.

This is some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ right here. Letting people do this ♥♥♥♥ in controlled zones. No wonder this game is bleeding players and needs merges already.

mrsquishynut
07-22-2015, 10:05 AM
teleport and land hacks are a ok

Delarme
07-22-2015, 10:51 AM
I have a quick question because I got into trouble for posting this here in this thread, could anyone please give me the definition of a "Sock Puppet" I googled this and saw little Elmo hand mittens in the shape of socks and stuff.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?208840-Exploits-and-you-A-community-guide-to-what-goes-and-what-doesn%92t&p=1824827#post1824827

A sock puppet is an alt account created to give support to a main account so it seems like the main account has support from other individuals.

User A posts: X is a great idea
User A's Second account replies: Wow User A that idea is amazing.

User A's Second account is a sock puppet pretending to be a unique individual but is really user A under another username.

mrsquishynut
07-26-2015, 07:21 AM
so teleport hack, full hauler tele, botting, and land hacks are ok! thanks

Meowmeow
07-28-2015, 06:26 PM
You can remove the trade pack skateboard from the list. In one of your recent patches it changed our skateboards to the kr version that allows trade packs.

Lexaa
07-29-2015, 08:31 PM
@Celestrata

What about the Korean Font Mod please ?
It's pretty like the same as a FOV Mode, it's just replacing the Font.

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3a0cty/kr_font_mod/

mikroman
07-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Mining bots in Nebe. They landed (?) in the top of the brick wall (30m) and mine the wall in automining mode. I can't report this guys. I mark one I press the report icon and I get "you can report own character" or You can't report dead caharacters message (after I kill this fake-players). 0honor points and 86/218 equipment points (lvl 51-54 characters)
Screenshot (http://www.pixhost.org/show/3238/28873992_screenshot0149.jpg)

Mickydees
08-02-2015, 08:45 PM
@Celestrata
I know you've addressed macros already, however i have a question that i believe requires a little more clarification. Us artistry lovers would love to be able to sync our music, and as there is no in game method for this, we would like to use a network based macro in order to hit play on our sheet at the same time, it would still be one key one action however one person would activate said macro and the key press would occur on multiple characters, and im not sure if that is ok or not. Would love to hear back thanks :)

Skepi
08-04-2015, 06:04 AM
@Celestrata

How about the dead donkey bug that stops ships dead in the water. I know it has been reported to XL and a fix may be coming in a future patch but are there repercussions for people using this?

bizoiador
08-09-2015, 04:19 AM
Any word on summoning dead donkeys in front of ships to stop them?

Jaguar
08-19-2015, 03:04 PM
@Celestrata

How about the dead donkey bug that stops ships dead in the water. I know it has been reported to XL and a fix may be coming in a future patch but are there repercussions for people using this?

Any word on summoning dead donkeys in front of ships to stop them?

Hey, Celestrata - What's the word on this?
It's been adopted as a primary boat stopping strat on Ollo lately.

It would be nice if Trion said something official about this topic.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Hey, Celestrata - What's the word on this?
It's been adopted as a primary boat stopping strat on Ollo lately.

It would be nice if Trion said something official about this topic.

We have a few times now. We are aware of the bug and it has been submitted to XLGAMES to fix. This particular bug is currently allowed in combat as there are ways to avoid it or play around it. We do know it is very, very annoying and unbalancing, however, and are pushing XL to fix it within a timely manner.

Rekikyo
08-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Celestra, you've written in that Avocado blocking is allowed because uprooting is a work-around.

However, you haven't written an official response toward the topic of using haulers to block packs of other haulers in peace, or worse, permanent Peace maps.

Your definition of an exploit is something that does not have a work-around.

Well, hauler blocking seems like it would fall under that definition! Especially if there are TWO haulers blocking.

Rider's Escape can tackle one blockade, but it cannot relatively and in a timely manner tackle the second blockade. Furthermore, it prevents more uses of rider's for 30 minutes, and if Hauler blockers act like they do on Ollo, they can also prevent any reasonable use of Hauler's escape the first time.

How?

On Ollo, coming out of Windscour during peace, we have 1-2 guilds planting 2000 avocados, in Arcum in a thin bridge. Then, they strategically place their haulers in front of the avocados, and in the middle of them. This prevents riders escape from spawning haulers in the road, and instead resummons the hauler on the side cliffs, stuck.

And many times, they three hauler blockades. and there is nothing ANY player can do about a hauler blockade after Rider's escape is used. Furthermore, on a populated server like Ollo, this is an "exploit" (in my opinion) that can be executed by 2-4 people, that literally dead halts transport for 50-100 players moving packs and makes it impossible for a full 3 hour peace, as there is no way to kill the haulers, no way to move them, no way to kill the owner.

Avoiding Avocado blockades is doable, simply because a faction working together can move them. Avoiding a hauler blockade is not.

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but Avocado Blockades are technically taking advantage of a programming error. Many plants/saplings have designed in interaction with player characters. Avocado is the ONLY one that blocks on sapling stage of growth! In fact, the mature growth of avocado allows haulers to pass through. Even Mature Cedars allow Haulers to pass through. Whoever programmed the logical interaction of these saplings with player objects, made mistakes allocating what plants did what. They need to go back through it, and make it so either ALL objects block haulers OR only mature ones do. If it was mature growth Avocados that blocked, and not saplings, they would not even bring up this question. The very fact that mature does NOT block, suggests the programmer screwed up and reversed the properties of sapling and mature.

I think for the health and sake of your game population, you also might want to consider how grossly one player's actions can impact many players in regards to your definition of an exploit. If 1 player can negatively affect 50-100 players simultaneous by using peace to keep themselves safe and uninterrupted, you might want to consider that an exploit simply by applying the same logic we do to law making and property rights:

When two parties exist in a way that conflict with each other's property, law usually dictates that any penalties or costs of interaction should be born by the party who can afford to bear it and that penalties should equal the economic net loss born after any positive externalities. (David Friedman on Economics of Law). In other words, by assuming a deterrent role in a community, and doing what adversely affects a large portion of the community, the "griefer" both incurs a cost on trion and a cost on players. The benefit in this equation is usually immaterial: a sense of joy or exhuberance of the griefer toward trion for not enforcing rule against them, and of other players for whom the griefer has contempt. All the costs born are very material! You lose players to these griefers, and such sources of long term income for your business, and the players bear the cost of trade deficits. In this case there are two different currencies to dispute in regards to whom bears the cost: social satisfaction, and money. In terms of Money, in the short term Trion can bear the cost greater, but it is no guarantee the "griefer" is a spender, and often not, which suggests that perhaps we should think of this dilemma in terms of "social satisfaction." We've already established that the Griefer's Rent imposed on Trion is greater than his monetary gain, and that monetarily, Trion can afford the loss. However, when we measure social benefit, it becomes obvious that the griefer is able to retain the penalties of social demoralization more than the players or Trion; Trion's Reputation suffers greatly from allowing griefing of large numbers, and Players suffer disengagement with the game due the the interaction. Because one person's "life" is not valued generally greater than another person, by pure majority, the griefer can incur the social degradation more than the players or Trion. And because money is a secondary issue in this dilemma, and the griefer is not likely a greater source of money than the players he hurts, he also should bear the costs of his actions monetarily. Since this is a video game, the penalties often come in the form of bans or temporary discipline.

I can with definite assurance tell you that you (trion as a whole) is not addressing griefing economically, and it is costing you subscriptions, surplus spending, and web gaming confidence. This is probably one of the three largest reasons players who have quit are campaigning in their gaming communities against you.....

But, let's just answer.... Hauler blocking.

draciele
08-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Celestra, you've written in that Avocado blocking is allowed because uprooting is a work-around.

However, you haven't written an official response toward the topic of using haulers to block packs of other haulers in peace, or worse, permanent Peace maps.

Your definition of an exploit is something that does not have a work-around.

Well, hauler blocking seems like it would fall under that definition! Especially if there are TWO haulers blocking.

Rider's Escape can tackle one blockade, but it cannot relatively and in a timely manner tackle the second blockade. Furthermore, it prevents more uses of rider's for 30 minutes, and if Hauler blockers act like they do on Ollo, they can also prevent any reasonable use of Hauler's escape the first time.

How?

On Ollo, coming out of Windscour during peace, we have 1-2 guilds planting 2000 avocados, in Arcum in a thin bridge. Then, they strategically place their haulers in front of the avocados, and in the middle of them. This prevents riders escape from spawning haulers in the road, and instead resummons the hauler on the side cliffs, stuck.

And many times, they three hauler blockades. and there is nothing ANY player can do about a hauler blockade after Rider's escape is used. Furthermore, on a populated server like Ollo, this is an "exploit" (in my opinion) that can be executed by 2-4 people, that literally dead halts transport for 50-100 players moving packs and makes it impossible for a full 3 hour peace, as there is no way to kill the haulers, no way to move them, no way to kill the owner.

Avoiding Avocado blockades is doable, simply because a faction working together can move them. Avoiding a hauler blockade is not.

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but Avocado Blockades are technically taking advantage of a programming error. Many plants/saplings have designed in interaction with player characters. Avocado is the ONLY one that blocks on sapling stage of growth! In fact, the mature growth of avocado allows haulers to pass through. Even Mature Cedars allow Haulers to pass through. Whoever programmed the logical interaction of these saplings with player objects, made mistakes allocating what plants did what. They need to go back through it, and make it so either ALL objects block haulers OR only mature ones do. If it was mature growth Avocados that blocked, and not saplings, they would not even bring up this question. The very fact that mature does NOT block, suggests the programmer screwed up and reversed the properties of sapling and mature.

I think for the health and sake of your game population, you also might want to consider how grossly one player's actions can impact many players in regards to your definition of an exploit. If 1 player can negatively affect 50-100 players simultaneous by using peace to keep themselves safe and uninterrupted, you might want to consider that an exploit simply by applying the same logic we do to law making and property rights:

When two parties exist in a way that conflict with each other's property, law usually dictates that any penalties or costs of interaction should be born by the party who can afford to bear it and that penalties should equal the economic net loss born after any positive externalities. (David Friedman on Economics of Law). In other words, by assuming a deterrent role in a community, and doing what adversely affects a large portion of the community, the "griefer" both incurs a cost on trion and a cost on players. The benefit in this equation is usually immaterial: a sense of joy or exhuberance of the griefer toward trion for not enforcing rule against them, and of other players for whom the griefer has contempt. All the costs born are very material! You lose players to these griefers, and such sources of long term income for your business, and the players bear the cost of trade deficits. In this case there are two different currencies to dispute in regards to whom bears the cost: social satisfaction, and money. In terms of Money, in the short term Trion can bear the cost greater, but it is no guarantee the "griefer" is a spender, and often not, which suggests that perhaps we should think of this dilemma in terms of "social satisfaction." We've already established that the Griefer's Rent imposed on Trion is greater than his monetary gain, and that monetarily, Trion can afford the loss. However, when we measure social benefit, it becomes obvious that the griefer is able to retain the penalties of social demoralization more than the players or Trion; Trion's Reputation suffers greatly from allowing griefing of large numbers, and Players suffer disengagement with the game due the the interaction. Because one person's "life" is not valued generally greater than another person, by pure majority, the griefer can incur the social degradation more than the players or Trion. And because money is a secondary issue in this dilemma, and the griefer is not likely a greater source of money than the players he hurts, he also should bear the costs of his actions monetarily. Since this is a video game, the penalties often come in the form of bans or temporary discipline.

I can with definite assurance tell you that you (trion as a whole) is not addressing griefing economically, and it is costing you subscriptions, surplus spending, and web gaming confidence. This is probably one of the three largest reasons players who have quit are campaigning in their gaming communities against you.....

But, let's just answer.... Hauler blocking.

They have answered this like 174 times. hauler blockades are allowed, blocking the trader so you cant click on it is not.

Demonloan
08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
"Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis."

Does this mean that if someone has a macro for, say, clicking the F button to gather, that it is allowed? but not F and G or some other combination of buttons?

Just asking for complete clarity....

Aphrael
08-20-2015, 12:13 PM
"Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis."

Does this mean that if someone has a macro for, say, clicking the F button to gather, that it is allowed? but not F and G or some other combination of buttons?

Following.

Setante
08-20-2015, 12:13 PM

This would mean that a macro that repeatedly gathers with "F" would not be within the rules, because there would not be individual keystrokes for each action.

Dorick Maelstrom
08-20-2015, 04:16 PM
How about an answer for what is happening on Ezi pre-merger? With the Alliance of 4 guilds (2 East, 2 West) that refer to themselves as ♥♥♥? They are now monopolizing world event such as Abysal by using what I consider as an exploit of the Bloodlusting mode. In the past I have chosen not to ally myself with the one powerhouse guild on a matter of principle and general human decency. Now I am seeing that this alliance is exploiting the bloodlusting by handing over the opposing faction ships during this event. Those not in this alliance then are effectively fighting a loaded "Green" Boat full of "Reds". Now to take a tactical advantage those not in this alliance are forced to "Purple" to kill the "Green" Boat and put the other players into the water. Once "Purpled" however we are now opposed by our respectable factions... and killed. Infamy points are accumulated and our normal game play then becomes disrupted due to this. I guess the question really becomes do inter-faction alliance constitute a game mechanic that is intended for world events like this described. And if so will there be mechanics introduced that will be allowed to counter such an alliance where bloodlusting doesn't come into play for fighting an opposing force? Can Abysal be turned into an event like Mistmarrow where Raids are auto formed? or bloodlusting is disabled and opposing factions can not utilize other vehicles?

There should be a system of checks and balances with events like this as they generate a very measurable advantage if participants get all or nothing.

Rekikyo
08-21-2015, 06:12 AM
They have answered this like 174 times. hauler blockades are allowed, blocking the trader so you cant click on it is not.

Celestrata has not answered. Nor by her definition of an exploit is it allowed because there is no solution or work around in every case for hauler blockades.

With administration changes, often there are also perception changes. The "174" times you talk about was a previous regime, and one that never went out of their way to draw up the framework for an "exploit." Furthermore, Trionbrasse suggested that they were discussing disciplining hauler blockades and getting XL games to do something to prevent them from being a problem. He also said it was of his opinion that hauler blockades were griefing.

Wolfguarde
08-21-2015, 08:17 AM
I've heard a rumour (after last night's confirmation that multiboxing is allowed) that multiboxers may be actioned along with cheaters in a pending ban wave. Is there any truth to this?

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-21-2015, 01:15 PM
I've heard a rumour (after last night's confirmation that multiboxing is allowed) that multiboxers may be actioned along with cheaters in a pending ban wave. Is there any truth to this?

*blinks* People really like making up stuff.

Saruna
08-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Greetings Celestrata, may you please address the galleon swapping issue in this thread? http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?220128-Inter-Faction-Alliance-abuse.

This issue is currently a hot-button topic in Ezi and I would like it to be put to rest.

Larcen
08-21-2015, 02:03 PM

Please never ever introduce stupid useless security software that would otherwise revert us to having to use VMWare in the future. Thank you.

Niroxen
08-21-2015, 02:36 PM
When will this exploit of using harpoons / ships to tank guards be addressed and typed up as approved or denied

the fact that a red / pirate guild can ride into any port they desire and start killing people is getting rather old. a player can simply glitch 8 guards onto 1 boat and nothing happen to it at all this is rather disheartening and prevents any form of small group or underdog play from being optional. any new player that rolls in should be able to know i made it to port the guards will defend me to a degree of moderate safety. when in actuality there is zero safety because guards are doing one damage to a boat due to the harpoon glitch.

logically a port should have cannons that defend it from hostile ships or a way to address them.

Wolfguarde
08-22-2015, 12:12 AM

Awesome, thanks again.

USFNOOB
08-24-2015, 05:22 AM

^

Also... best Meme ever

Digma76
08-24-2015, 06:21 AM
Ok, I read the entry they put in the opening post. Are we or are we not allowed to open multiple windows of ArcheAge now that we can? And just tabbing between them to adventure with one and put 1 or 2 others to craft?

Skylight
08-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Could you add to this thread regarding the korean font mod? I know that it's been generally accepted but I would like to see something mentioned about it up there in title post.

Wolfguarde
08-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Ok, I read the entry they put in the opening post. Are we or are we not allowed to open multiple windows of ArcheAge now that we can? And just tabbing between them to adventure with one and put 1 or 2 others to craft?

We are. Look at Celestrata's last two posts in the thread, this was my question as well.

IronFrogMan
08-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Requesting clarification if this is allowed or not, on the overlay's tooltip it states that it may be flagged as cheating by some game hack prevention tools. Just curious if this is an actionable practice, it'd be nice to see who's talking when they're talking. Haven't had a chance to connect everyone's voice->name yet.

BoeSoekLoe
08-28-2015, 09:49 AM
We are. Look at Celestrata's last two posts in the thread, this was my question as well.

Yes we are allowed to do so, BUT somehow everyone who did, got banned with or without doing an exploit that last known.
Why dont they just gather enough evidence first instead of using this ban wave method? I am really curious about this. If i was doing an exploit, i deserved a banned but what about the people that only open multi boxing like you to craft? I hope we can get an answer for this. :confused:

erich
08-31-2015, 06:31 AM
So, animation cancels are allowed?

What a shame because it happens more in 1v1 situations vs open world. It's clearly unintended gameplay as you stated it will be fixed by a skill que at a later date.

Jaguar
08-31-2015, 12:45 PM

Planting Avocados/other trees to block a hauler while monsters kill it -- This strategy is allowed.
Install and use the FoV Mod -- This mod is allowed.
Multiboxing/Multiscreening -- You are allowed to do this as long as you do not use any automated systems or macros to allow it. You may use VMWare if you wish to run multiple clients on the same machine. You must control your character yourself. if you use an automated system, bot, or macro, you run the risk of being banned.

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

@ Celestrata -- Question: Is the creation/deletion of alternate characters on my second account to farm gilda stars using the main storyline quest considered an exploit or ban offense?

----

I've seen a few users suggest that this activity isn't allowed without evidence from Trion employees statements or actions, but while searching the dev tracker for `Gilda stars` I didn't immediately see anything disallowing this activity. I would like to know if we're not allowed to do this, because if that is the case, people need to be made aware.

This isn't anywhere near as clear-cut as the `not fighting yourself for honor` topic was - and with the housing upgrades right on the horizon, I assure you that users will be looking to the activity I'm inquiring about as a route to alleviate their needs for Construction Archeum.

Noaani
08-31-2015, 01:03 PM
@ Celestrata -- Question: Is the creation/deletion of alternate characters on my second account to farm gilda stars using the main storyline quest considered an exploit or ban offense?

----

I've seen a few users suggest that this activity isn't allowed without evidence from Trion employees statements or actions, but while searching the dev tracker for `Gilda stars` I didn't immediately see anything disallowing this activity. I would like to know if we're not allowed to do this, because if that is the case, people need to be made aware.

This isn't anywhere near as clear-cut as the `not fighting yourself for honor` topic was - and with the housing upgrades right on the horizon, I assure you that users will be looking to the activity I'm inquiring about as a route to alleviate their needs for Construction Archeum.

I honestly would be shocked if this turned out to be considered an exploit.

It is an easy way to make ~60 gilda stars, but 60 gilda stars are not really worth much considering they can't be transferred to another character until they are in design or dust form.

talizzar
08-31-2015, 03:04 PM
This is why there is a timer on account deletion. It eliminates the bed labor exploit and people generating 60 gilda an hour dragging an alt through the story line.

Jaguar
08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
This is why there is a timer on account deletion. It eliminates the bed labor exploit and people generating 60 gilda an hour dragging an alt through the story line.

And while I would like to believe that enduring the deletion timer as it's set would make this legitimate gameplay, I don't trust that `warning shots` of `banned accounts `won't be fired over the topic. The situation with housing upgrades coming out begs that Trion to clarify it's stance on the matter before many `good standing` accounts end up doing something they shouldn't be simply because they're unaware of how Trion whimsically feels about it.

NateDogTX
09-01-2015, 08:15 AM
(x-post from this thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?223349-Emergent-Griefplay))

How about partially blocking someone's farm land through "creative" decoration placement?

http://i.imgur.com/uK4bg2N.jpg

talizzar
09-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Submit a ticket to get those pictures removed. XL really needs to get a handle on the coding and stuff like this.

Bulletbeef
09-03-2015, 12:22 AM
I would like to know, how trolls like the likes of OPP, The Struggle and Pacifist can steal your cart, steal your packs in a SAFE zone and then when you try to stop them they report you as a Hacker and then put you up to be Banned. @Celestrata.

Sometimes i question the motives behind some of the things that trion allows and the things that it banns people for, some of it is just not ethical.

GAFO666
09-08-2015, 08:23 AM

Install and use the FoV Mod -- This mod is allowed.

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

Hey,
I wanted to know what you say about things like custom skins for a personalized gameplay ?
Something like editing a skin ... e.g. add tattoos, piercings or something funny ?

And why is there a plugin folder in AA but there is no sdk or api to make costum plugins like in other games ?

And one last question , whats about kind of mods like auto-rolling ... because its so annoying if you are e.g. in a rift and all ppl loot ... -.-
Or something like add the time next to the name in your chat system etc all possible by editing the game_pak :o

IceMage
09-08-2015, 03:09 PM
(x-post from this thread (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?223349-Emergent-Griefplay))

How about partially blocking someone's farm land through "creative" decoration placement?

http://i.imgur.com/uK4bg2N.jpg

That guy must really hate you. Also, that's totally legit. The game lets you do it, and he HAS to own the land next to you. Suffice to say, it will probably be patched out later, but I doubt action would, or even should be taken against him. Maybe you should stop asking him to sell you his land every day.

elgen
09-08-2015, 03:13 PM
That guy must really hate you. Also, that's totally legit. The game lets you do it, and he HAS to own the land next to you. Suffice to say, it will probably be patched out later, but I doubt action would, or even should be taken against him. Maybe you should stop asking him to sell you his land every day.

No it's not just like siting afk on some one's plot with your hauler out is not legit and will get the hauler destroyed by a gm. In this case I would not be shocked if a gm blew up the pictures.

IceMage
09-08-2015, 03:19 PM
No it's not just like siting afk on some one's plot with your hauler out is not legit and will get the hauler destroyed by a gm. In this case I would not be shocked if a gm blew up the pictures.

Meh - It's not like an AFKer on your plot has to own the land next to it either.

Vayliya
09-09-2015, 08:33 AM
It's griefing not an exploit. It was a conscious effort to ruin just your experience.

elgen
09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
It's griefing not an exploit. It was a conscious effort to ruin just your experience.
it's a bug exploit as it prevents you from using your land. there is no way to counter it and event pictures were not intended to turn your enemy's 16x16 into a 8x8 without there consent.

TalonThorn
09-11-2015, 01:50 AM
This is hilarious. If you are doing something like lifting a ship out of the water...how does that seem normal? You should expect things like banning if you try unconventional tactics, and it should make you think twice before trying to find ways around the mechanics.

Minakie
09-14-2015, 11:36 PM
I'd like to ask something in the name of those who play with really low fps (I used to play with 50-60 fps and now I play with 1-5, tech support has been incapable of finding a solution for several months now and playing AA in slow motion is not fun):
Is the use of programs to increase fps (such as Razer Cortex, Leatrix Latency Fix or Ping Zapper) allowed or not?

roan
09-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello,
i got the oops screen try again later on claiming my downtime compensation pack. clicked back and got already purchased in screen
Now in game i received the pack twice.
What can i do best? Don't want to get a ban for a few jawbreakers

Latrodectus
09-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Attack of the multiboxing clones.. someone said anything about exaggeration?
http://i.imgur.com/LA9DD9b.jpg

Veiovis
09-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Hiho,

i' would like to know if the programm "Battleping" is allowed. i heard that it is but some (mostly troll-people) saying no it isnt.
so i would like to have some official statement about it. i searched the forum but didnt found the right thread where it may has been answerded.
Caus i thought last week to give may the FoV mod and Battleping a chance for some better gaming experiance. For the FoV i read on the first page thats its allowed.
But for Battleping i didnt found anything...

thx for the information and have a nice weekend everybody

Bishcakes
09-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Tonight Crimson Knights blocked all access to Caernord in Ynestre.
I think this IS an exploit as defined by Trion - an unintended consequence that makes the situation unbeatable.
Other seem to think that blocking roads is legit.

If you can put a cart to block a road, there HAS to be a way to overcome that - or it is an exploit.

Not to mention totally ♥♥♥♥♥♥ move..

Taiver
09-21-2015, 08:13 PM
I think this IS an exploit as defined by Trion - an unintended consequence that makes the situation unbeatable.

If you can put a cart to block a road, there HAS to be a way to overcome that - or it is an exploit.

While I personally hate people that do this type of thing, you can always use either riders escape, get a friend to help carry the packs over, pk them because you know, its a pvp zone. Go to the river and get the packs on a boat. Im sure there are other things you could do but there is ways around it, its just long and annoying to have to do it....

Veiovis
09-22-2015, 03:58 AM

they said it on stream : blocking traderoute allowed. blocking the trade npc not allowed.

deal with it

still havent got an answer if battleping is allowed...?

regards

Avaleria
09-22-2015, 10:17 AM
I have a question regarding the Housing safe zone. If you are supposed to not be able to attack someone while they are in a housing zone even during times of war, is it exploiting for the player to use their mortar in order to kill a player that is afk in their house?

Siobhan
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
I have a question regarding the Housing safe zone. If you are supposed to not be able to attack someone while they are in a housing zone even during times of war, is it exploiting for the player to use their mortar in order to kill a player that is afk in their house?

Actually, if the zone is at war, normal PvP rules apply... so if you think you're safe on your farm during wartime, someone can kill you. The issue with AoE damage inside houses is another issue that's been around since Alpha.

SkullMonkey
09-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Question: Is the tactic of using an alt healer guild to heal your guild when you declare dominion on another guild considered an exploit?

Example 1) - unbeatable advantage. Guild A has an alt guild of 20 healers healing their raid of 50 going up against guild X which they declared dominion on. They ambushed the guild within a peace zone such as falcorth plains or diamond shores during the 2 hr peacetime. The opposing guild cannot target Guild A's alt guild healers in any way to combat them and their troops never go down while guild X's members fall like flies because they can't target Guild A's healers. (this effectively gives Guild A the ability to fight with more than 100 ppl if they maxed it out)

Example 2) - Severe advantage. Same situation as above but you do it in a PvP zone such as yny while it's in war. the guild being attacked has the ability to purple on the alt healing guild but Guild A is quick to report all bloodstains and stay alive until the majority of Guild X's players have gone to jail and now don't have the numbers to fight Guild A anymore and get wiped.

Both examples are pretty much guaranteed wins for Guild A unless Guild X hides in Mirage or uses the same tactics in return.

Solution: Guilds in dominion status cannot receive healing from any source outside of their guild.

An additional Suggestion to make guild wars more fair is to not have them enacted as soon as they are declared. Instead start the war 1hr after it has been declared (or at least 30 minutes after) so that way both guilds have time to prepare.

mcmartian
09-22-2015, 07:02 PM
a timbercoop can jump over a hauler ;) you can carry packs past it and over 1 at a time but will need help from guildie if you are trying to move hauelr full. probaby could have gotten in via water but need ship. there are ways.

i hate blockaids too but there are ways around

D Debevec
09-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Bonjour,
Lors de la vente d'item par quantité il n'est pas rare de trouver pour cette item une vente à l'unité à la moitié du prix.
Ceci dans le but que ce prix bas s'affiche lors de la prochaine mise en vente de cet item.
Ce n'est que purement et simplement une arnaque.

Hello
When the sale of item by quantity it is not uncommon to find for this item a sale with the unit at half the price.
This with the aim that this low price is displayed when the next sale of this item.
Is that purely and simply a scam.

Hallo
Wann ist der Verkauf von Element von Menge es nicht unüblich, dass für diesen Artikel einen Verkauf mit dem Gerät zum halben Preis.
Dies mit dem Ziel, die diesem günstigen Preis wird angezeigt, wenn der nächste Verkauf von diesem Titel.
Einzig und allein das ist ein Betrug.

--

Kaosmajor
09-23-2015, 07:25 AM

i feel ur pain... they turned a merchant ship over in dewstone plains so no one could take packs off it. and from what i seen it was only on player multi boxing like 20 acounts.

Kaosmajor
09-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Attack of the multiboxing clones.. someone said anything about exaggeration?
http://i.imgur.com/LA9DD9b.jpg

looks like the dual boxing program that copies your screen so u can use only one screen to control all the others.. lol nice screen shot though

Veiovis
09-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Hiho,

i' would like to know if the programm "Battleping" is allowed. i heard that it is but some (mostly troll-people) saying no it isnt.
so i would like to have some official statement about it. i searched the forum but didnt found the right thread where it may has been answerded.
Caus i thought last week to give may the FoV mod and Battleping a chance for some better gaming experiance. For the FoV i read on the first page thats its allowed.
But for Battleping i didnt found anything...

thx for the information and have a nice weekend everybody

still would like to have some official answer about that? O_o pls <3 with flowers?

regards

Jellywash
09-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Excerpt from beginning...

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

BY the definition above.
If one powerful guild, on a clearly unbalanced server, demands Apexes in exchange for end game content and world bosses, because they are already pretty much overpowered on the server by the way transfers/merge turned out, is considered a behavior unintended by the game design which makes it a clearly unbeatable advantage, a violation of exploiting in game content.

I know the guild members for this guild and their alt guild will probably pay their leaders the over the top fees to be in this guild (which really to me is some scammers of the community)

But, it is also mentioned they are now preying on their entire faction, for these Apexes, and threatening people to not being able to complete end game content.
--Check the Nazar forums, pretty easy to see it is happening. The officers even admit to it.

So, this guild has created a pay to get end content environment, which makes it a clearly unbeatable advantage.

Gods Child
09-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Excerpt from beginning...

BY the definition above.
If one powerful guild, on a clearly unbalanced server, demands Apexes in exchange for end game content and world bosses, because they are already pretty much overpowered on the server by the way transfers/merge turned out, is considered a behavior unintended by the game design which makes it a clearly unbeatable advantage, a violation of exploiting in game content.

I know the guild members for this guild and their alt guild will probably pay their leaders the over the top fees to be in this guild (which really to me is some scammers of the community)

But, it is also mentioned they are now preying on their entire faction, for these Apexes, and threatening people to not being able to complete end game content.
--Check the Nazar forums, pretty easy to see it is happening. The officers even admit to it.

So, this guild has created a pay to get end content environment, which makes it a clearly unbeatable advantage.

A) It's not unintended
B) It's not unbeatable

Siobhan
09-28-2015, 10:17 AM
A) It's not unintended
B) It's not unbeatable

C) Yes, it's scumbag behavior.

Unfortunately, all 3 are correct...so far... The only way to stop it, barring some official response from Trion or XL, is to simply not pay them. Yes, you'll be locked out of some content until another guild rises up and does something about it. As long as some people are willing to shell out the money/gold or a bigger, badder guild comes along to wipe them, they'll keep it up.

Saramore
09-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Not sure if this is still being actively checked, also not sure if this has been answered... But Anyways!

I'm a developer, and I've recently been thinking about writing some support software that enhance aspects of the game without actually doing anything TOS breaking or anything like that. The EULA and TOS seem to promote the idea of UI Addons (which I think is great!) but don't really go in depth with what isn't allowed. I'd hate to get banned for a 3rd party program which I wrote which I in all good faith didn't think violated the TOS!

I was just wondering if there was any clear guidelines (outside the ones noted here already) for developing addons? For example; is polling pixel data fine? Third party overlays (guessing yes, because Steam, but still)? Changing files (maps, lang files, UI element images)? Can I finally apply some of that computer-vision textbook knowledge and really start developing some crazy tools? Maybe a tool which polls for the corners of a property and overlays a grid to make planting a little easier? An OCR script which looks at the auction house every time I open it and keeps track of prices in the background? I won't even ask about automation, because that's an obvious no-no (noted in the OP), but I am wondering exactly what's off limits. I'd assume automation and anything which attempts to affect gameplay (memory hacks, server hacks, etc.) are obviously off, but I can't think of anything else. Love to hear something! I'd really like to start making some cool addons for the community in my spare time, but would really like to avoid getting myself or others banned.

And if this HAS been answered and I couldn't find it, link me and I'll check it out :)

kwart
10-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Can you put download links of allowed mods? I never tried any mods on archeage and don't want to mistakenly install a bad one.

elgen
10-01-2015, 03:00 PM
looks like the dual boxing program that copies your screen so u can use only one screen to control all the others.. lol nice screen shot though

you can slave all the clients to one keyboard so one keystroke effects them all without outside programs. I am sure you can get banned for doing it in some cases but I do not see making lumber as one of them.

The ******ed thing is he can afford 14 accounts ....... but not a upgraded house so he can process that lumber faster.

Pwnocchio
10-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Can I park my hauler or Seige Tower on someones land to prevent them from planting crops?

Can I place items on my land that partially block my neighbors from planting?

Moly
10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Can I park my hauler or Seige Tower on someones land to prevent them from planting crops?
No you cannot as long as it's on a private farm.

Can I place items on my land that partially block my neighbors from planting?
Interstice between land should prevent that kind of placement.

So I guess if some items make it through then it's up to you to be a good neighbor

Lhans
10-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Horrorcash, Shatigon EU was blocking gold trader.

Guy was laughing at me. :(

Moly
10-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Horrorcash, Shatigon EU was blocking gold trader.

Guy was laughing at me. :(

Open a ticket over https://support.trionworlds.com (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) there is nothing that can be done from forum.

Frantheo
10-12-2015, 03:41 AM

That's actually a very good relation....... very good....

Blindmoon
10-12-2015, 10:53 AM
all you need to know is that exploiting is allow until told other wise

Arkray
10-13-2015, 03:52 AM
Can we get the Devs stance on this mod?

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/3oihc2/teleport_book_sort_and_filter_mod/

Can't wait :rolleyes:

Physician
10-13-2015, 11:06 AM
"Farming a single character to manipulate the jury queue -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!"

Okay, I do have a problem if the trial was mainly for 1 guild alone. However, in this case, the trials are serving THE ENTIRE FACTION.

Yes I am fighting for this because look, if a guild reaches to lvl 5, NOBODY will purple to go to a trial. That means that the jury system will die out.

Having alt to create a speedy trial for the faction is no exploit and I don't know why you guys are against the speedy trial.

Speedy trial is not honor farming when EVERYBODY will que trial after their guild reaches to lvl 5.

Bellow
10-20-2015, 03:26 PM

Planting Avocados/other trees to block a hauler while monsters kill it -- This strategy is no longer allowed. Details are available here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852).
Install and use the FoV Mod, KR Font Mod, or Teleport Book Sorting mod -- They are unsupported mods, you use them at your own risk, and we aren't responsible for anything that may come about from installing them. That said, we will not ban your account for using them as they do not affect gameplay.
Blocking a route with a trade cart -- This strategy is no longer allowed. Details are available here (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852).
Blocking a NPC with a trade cart by sitting on them -- This is not allowed, and can result in your trade cart being demolished by a member of the staff.
Farming one of your alts or another player for honor -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!
Farming a single character to manipulate the jury queue -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

you have sucessfully turned me off to this game, with your sloppy events, bots, and glitchy patron. now you are trying to limmit what we do and were always allowed to do before. goodbye forever

- enjoy the easy money

Ethria
10-21-2015, 01:05 PM
So if an item is bugged and I buy it exactly because its bugged, cause I want to use the bug that comes with it, is that allowed or not?

Katarina
10-22-2015, 08:26 PM
@Celestrata Bloodsong, Are the following exploits allowed I don't see them on this list yet but I have reported them.

1.) Auroria Water Packs, and Blazing Logs, Players are having inventory full and harvesting them so they appear full to other players and others can't take them, have seen some players in game abusing this lately.

2.) GHA Exploiting, been in some raids myself without knowledge players were going to use exploits until the dungeon had already started but attacking the last two bosses long range, then having the player stand behind the wall still, so the boss can't attack anyone and everyone else walks up to the closed wall/door and attacks the boss through the wall slaying it.

Are these two bugs /exploits allowed as I do not believe this is supposed to be part of the game?

Lieonme1
10-22-2015, 08:43 PM

Install and use the FoV Mod, KR Font Mod, or Teleport Book Sorting mod -- They are unsupported mods, you use them at your own risk, and we aren't responsible for anything that may come about from installing them. That said, we will not ban your account for using them as they do not affect gameplay.
Farming one of your alts or another player for honor -- This is not allowed, and can result in your account receiving a punishment from Customer Service. If you see someone doing this, please report it!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

Constantly taking a the sails of your ship on and off (while in ezi's light) to force any harpoon attached to your ship to break. Allowed or Exploit?

Tenki
10-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Can I set up an arena alt and AFK until it's top 10 then use the honor to trade honor gems to my main and sell them for money?

looking at you, all the <650 wins in the top 20.

Looking at you, guy on my server whose auto-clicking alts I've shipped away from the arena manager countless times.