PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what to upgrade my gears next for my class.

Tikus
07-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I am a lvl 53 daggerspell class (tanky). My weapons are Ominous Obsidian Katana (Unique), Hasla T2 shield, and Hasla T2 staff. My armors are GHA full clothes, and GHA full plates. I have been combining them 5 clothes and 2 plates. I do not plan to upgrade my GHA armors as they can't be sold later on. At the moment, I have about 4,000 gold. So what would you do next?

From what I have researched, it's better to have 3 Obsidian armors, plus 4 others (such as auroria, Serpentis, or Anthalon). But I am not too sure if I should go with those dungeons drops. Would it be a good idea to have 3 Obsidian Clothes, and 4 Epherium?

I would like to do PvP in arena and open world. I do not have any problem with PvE.

Any opinion/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

hooligan
07-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Save up and get a divine t1 katana, then work on part obsidian and part crafted wave/earth imo

Byakkotai
07-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Save up and get a divine t1 katana, then work on part obsidian and part crafted wave/earth imo

Divine isn't worth saving up for, the noticeable difference starts at epic. And if you look at his gear he has better things to spend on than a silly divine weapon.

Calim
07-10-2015, 04:44 PM
That and he already has T2 Unique Katana.

First, I would say go full cloth or full plate. The armor type bonus is worth it.
I too am going 3/4 Obs/Crafted. Obsidian gear is much easier to acquire so I started with that. Regrade at T1 BEFORE upgrading to T3+.

After you get pieces you are happy with and plan to use for a long while, start Gemming them.

hooligan
07-10-2015, 04:58 PM
nope i'm right

Tikus
07-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Thank you for your reply. Actually I was thinking about that. It's one of my consideration. However, I am not too happy with my gear atm.

That and he already has T2 Unique Katana.

First, I would say go full cloth or full plate. The armor type bonus is worth it.
I too am going 3/4 Obs/Crafted. Obsidian gear is much easier to acquire so I started with that. Regrade at T1 BEFORE upgrading to T3+.

After you get pieces you are happy with and plan to use for a long while, start Gemming them.

Yeah, I was planing to get 3/4 ... Obs/Crafted. Which 3 of Obsidian do you recommend? becasause I can easily get them w my gold atm. And they're about or little above GHA.

I feel like, I can get 3 Obsidian armors and get them to Unique.

Meridian
07-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Thank you for your reply. Actually I was thinking about that. It's one of my consideration. However, I am not too happy with my gear atm.

Yeah, I was planing to get 3/4 ... Obs/Crafted. Which 3 of Obsidian do you recommend? becasause I can easily get them w my gold atm. And they're about or little above GHA.

I feel like, I can get 3 Obsidian armors and get them to Unique.
Assuming you're going to stick with mdps, I'd go for things with cast time reduction (boots) or increase to Magic attack (chest and head, I think).

Meridian
07-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Or maybe gloves (increases crit damage)

Tikus
07-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Assuming you're going to stick with mdps, I'd go for things with cast time reduction (boots) or increase to Magic attack (chest and head, I think).

Yeah, I am doing Mdps. I am just tired of paper armor lol.

I agreed with you, for sure i am getting the boots for less casting time. I might go with gloves and may be shirt/chest as well, but not 100%.

I was looking the Obsidian stats on Clothes and Plates. I was curious if all 5 sets are Obsidian plates and clothes, plus 2 crafted additional. I wonder if that will actually work, since eventually the Obsidian will be better than the crafted ones.

What do you guys think?

Treeon
07-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Divine isn't worth saving up for, the noticeable difference starts at epic. And if you look at his gear he has better things to spend on than a silly divine weapon.

This statement is laughable. The difference between divine and epic is about 10%. Once you factor in attack from main stat, spellbook, obsidian armor, and gems, the difference is a lot smaller than that.

Byakkotai
07-12-2015, 07:41 AM
This statement is laughable. The difference between divine and epic is about 10%. Once you factor in attack from main stat, spellbook, obsidian armor, and gems, the difference is a lot smaller than that.

I meant if you compare it to celestial... If you wanna get a better grade weapon I would save up for epic instead of spending on divine ..

Tikus
07-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Thank you for everyone's input. I really appreciate it.

So I have decided to go with 3 Clothes Obsidian : Shoes, Shirt, and Gloves. And I got them already :)

The other 4 pieces are still not 100% sure. My options are:

- 4 pieces crafted (more to the plates side). OR
- 2 Obsidian plates, and 2 pieces crafted. OR
- 4 dropped pieces (Anathalon, Serpentis, and Auroria).

Any suggestions?

I can see that 4 pieces crafted can get me some bonus set.

Thank you.

kola
07-13-2015, 12:27 AM
dont mix cloth and plate,
go for 4 crafted cloth lake/wave/earth

or for 5 part obsidian and w8 for 2.0 and get the serp sleeves and grim belt

Genri
07-13-2015, 12:57 AM
If you want to keep playing magic damage dealer classes like Daggerspell, you really need to get Obsidian Hood, Obsidian Shirt and Obsidian Shoes. Even in T1 they are decent and once you get more gold you can easily upgrade them. If you want to go with a katana and shield, you will lack intelligence. So I'd recommend Wave or Lake parts. I'd say get Auroria Mystic Gloves for +10% increased Flamebolt damage. When you get enough gold to buy epherium pieces you can change this gloves with crafted one.

Tikus
07-13-2015, 01:12 PM
dont mix cloth and plate,
go for 4 crafted cloth lake/wave/earth

or for 5 part obsidian and w8 for 2.0 and get the serp sleeves and grim belt

Thank you for your reply. I dont think I will ever go FULL clothes. That's why I went with "tanky" daggerspell. Fully clothes armors won't survive in PvP specially arena. There is no defense at all. Few hits, you're dead. If it's open PvP and you ganked ppl, then you might have a chance because you hit them first. As good as Obsidian, fully clothes wont give you a decent defense.

If you want to keep playing magic damage dealer classes like Daggerspell, you really need to get Obsidian Hood, Obsidian Shirt and Obsidian Shoes. Even in T1 they are decent and once you get more gold you can easily upgrade them. If you want to go with a katana and shield, you will lack intelligence. So I'd recommend Wave or Lake parts. I'd say get Auroria Mystic Gloves for +10% increased Flamebolt damage. When you get enough gold to buy epherium pieces you can change this gloves with crafted one.

Thank you for your input. I was contemplating between Hood and Gloves. I chose gloves because I wanted to get more Magic Crit damage, but yeah, this is still experimenting stage for me. I can always get the Obsidian hood. I am still not too sure if I wanted to go full clothes honestly.

kola
07-14-2015, 02:55 AM
well not going full cloth and giving up on the -30% to all debufs is kind of stupid in my opinion specialy considering that you can easly get 5k+ P def from cloth is completly ridiculus,
i as a healer in full cloth have over 5k P def and 6k Mdef whith t4 obsidian.

edit:
also mixing armor will reduce you grade buff because it will only take from the 5 piece

Tikus
07-15-2015, 10:19 AM
well not going full cloth and giving up on the -30% to all debufs is kind of stupid in my opinion specialy considering that you can easly get 5k+ P def from cloth is completly ridiculus,
i as a healer in full cloth have over 5k P def and 6k Mdef whith t4 obsidian.

edit:
also mixing armor will reduce you grade buff because it will only take from the 5 piece

Hmmmmmm.....I dont know what's so stupid about it. With 3/4 combination, you still have the 30% debuffs. You dont have to have 7 set full clothes to get that. I am pretty sure, you don't do a lot of PvP in arena. Like I said, open world PvP you might be fine with full 7 set clothes. But if you're doing a fair fight (face to face) such as arena, you wont survive with clothes only.

Myrgatroid
07-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Hmmmmmm.....I dont know what's so stupid about it. With 3/4 combination, you still have the 30% debuffs. You dont have to have 7 set full clothes to get that. I am pretty sure, you don't do a lot of PvP in arena. Like I said, open world PvP you might be fine with full 7 set clothes. But if you're doing a fair fight (face to face) such as arena, you wont survive with clothes only.

You don't want to mix cloth and plate. Kola cited valid reasoning, and there are many other threads covering the same subject. If you feel plate's pdef is what saves you in arena, you are doing something wrong.

Tikus
07-15-2015, 11:49 AM
You don't want to mix cloth and plate. Kola cited valid reasoning, and there are many other threads covering the same subject. If you feel plate's pdef is what saves you in arena, you are doing something wrong.

Thank you for your suggestion Myrgatroid. I have done also a lot of research about this, and a lot of threads/videos also have suggested cloth/plate. Not only it will give you more pDef in PvP (doesn't necessarily save you, but it helps), but also a lot of PvE players when they're doing AoE use this combination.

felixius
07-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Thank you for your suggestion Myrgatroid. I have done also a lot of research about this, and a lot of threads/videos also have suggested cloth/plate. Not only it will give you more pDef in PvP (doesn't necessarily save you, but it helps), but also a lot of PvE players when they're doing AoE use this combination.

I second Myrgatroid. These players you've talked to are wrong. You can get your cloth armor to respectable pdef levels, and you don't have to gimp the dope set bonuses.

kola
07-16-2015, 12:54 AM
well sure i dont do a lot of arenas every mounth i end up only epic or highter on arena ranking (i have a job so i dont have that much time to spam arena all day)
i wear full cloth (having epherium grade leather, eherium grade plate) playing a melle class. cloth is the most OP armor type off them all, it give the best buff, the best overal def, and all of that starting from a mid range (epherium or t4 obsidian) level.

if you put your gear together whith any consideration of pve then the only thing i can say is GG and i whant to remind that for moving trade pack true safe zones you dont need gear at all

edit:
btw
Cloth 4/7: Cast time reduced by 4%. Chance to interrupt casting when hit by an enemy is reduced by 50%.
Cloth 7/7: Cast time reduced by 4%. Chance to interrupt casting when hit by an enemy is reduced by 50%. Magical damage increased by 5%. The duration of the effects of control reduced by 30%.

so no you loose the -30% buff when you mix

you came to the forum whith a question so listen to the answer

Myrgatroid
07-16-2015, 08:25 AM
well sure i dont do a lot of arenas every mounth i end up only epic or highter on arena ranking (i have a job so i dont have that much time to spam arena all day)
i wear full cloth (having epherium grade leather, eherium grade plate) playing a melle class. cloth is the most OP armor type off them all, it give the best buff, the best overal def, and all of that starting from a mid range (epherium or t4 obsidian) level.

if you put your gear together whith any consideration of pve then the only thing i can say is GG and i whant to remind that for moving trade pack true safe zones you dont need gear at all

edit:
btw
Cloth 4/7: Cast time reduced by 4%. Chance to interrupt casting when hit by an enemy is reduced by 50%.
Cloth 7/7: Cast time reduced by 4%. Chance to interrupt casting when hit by an enemy is reduced by 50%. Magical damage increased by 5%. The duration of the effects of control reduced by 30%.

so no you loose the -30% buff when you mix

you came to the forum whith a question so listen to the answer

To be fair, OP likely watched theory crafting videos/read threads from right around launch time where folks were advocating this type of thing. I remember seeing some of these myself, but am unable to find a good example after little to no searching.
@op - anything you read or saw advocating mixing armor types is dated. Hopefully after seeing this thread, you now realize it is not a good idea.

knyfe
07-18-2015, 11:43 AM
What you are missing for full cloth in pvp (open world or arena) are toughness and resilience gems. They reduce damage considerably more than plate does.

Zephyres
07-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Seconding the person who recommended saving for divine Katana. Weapon is by far the most important piece. Celestial is going to become outdated. Epic is beyond what anyone can afford while gearing up.

Till then you'll want full GHA cloth. You can find a guild that runs SERP and then go full SERP or else you can mix Obsidian with Auroria which is probably best.

Tikus
07-18-2015, 04:15 PM
To be fair, OP likely watched theory crafting videos/read threads from right around launch time where folks were advocating this type of thing. I remember seeing some of these myself, but am unable to find a good example after little to no searching.
@op - anything you read or saw advocating mixing armor types is dated. Hopefully after seeing this thread, you now realize it is not a good idea.

Thank you Myrgatroid. Yeah, some of the thread were pretty old. Thank you again.

What you are missing for full cloth in pvp (open world or arena) are toughness and resilience gems. They reduce damage considerably more than plate does.

Oh, really? I will for sure try that out. Thank you Knyfe.

Seconding the person who recommended saving for divine Katana. Weapon is by far the most important piece. Celestial is going to become outdated. Epic is beyond what anyone can afford while gearing up.

Till then you'll want full GHA cloth. You can find a guild that runs SERP and then go full SERP or else you can mix Obsidian with Auroria which is probably best.

Thank you for your suggestion. I am very curious about SERP clothes. Btw, now I already a Divine Obsidian Katana, Heroic Obsidian Hood, Shirt, Shoes.

Zephyres
07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. I am very curious about SERP clothes. Btw, now I already a Divine Obsidian Katana, Heroic Obsidian Hood, Shirt, Shoes.

You can see the serpentis set here: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/27723/

Basically it's the 7/7 set bonus where SERP becomes effective (for PvP) but otherwise is just a filler for the last couple pieces that you can't use obsidian for. With a decent level grade like celestial+, Obsidian is generally considered better because higher overall stats than SERP and strong equip bonuses.

So you could also go 3/7 GHA or else (at least) 2 non-set pieces for belt and sleeves that don't have Obsidian equivalents.