PDA

View Full Version : 07/11/15 Bug: Players unable to purchase items. We're on it!

TrionBrasse
07-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings here...

We have encountered a technical issue that is affecting Marketplace purchases. Purchases are not going through! This appears to be affecting all of our games.
Several players have also noted that they are unable to make changes to their accounts.

We are looking into it with all resources available, and will update you when we've hammered the bug into submission.
Brasse

sillywabbit
07-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Why have you placed this a high priority over other game issues what have not been fixed ?

I understand you have to make money but surly having a actively healthy player base is more important than trying to squeeze every last penny out of the handfull which is left.

TrionBrasse
07-11-2015, 07:54 AM
The answer is simple. It is not a difference in prioritization, but rather of resources and skillsets. Different teams work on the platform than work on the game code.
The game is created by the Development team at XL in Korea, while we maintain our own platform services.
Brasse

Jig
07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Hey, I am losing the benefit of a patron, unanable to purchase... what happening? no LP generating during offline and it is unable to purchase, isn't u guys gonna do some compensation?

Thenijiway
07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Why have you placed this a high priority over other game issues what have not been fixed ?

I understand you have to make money but surly having a actively healthy player base is more important than trying to squeeze every last penny out of the handfull which is left.

My guess of why they put this on high priority is because if they didn't it would be like
"The store isn't working for any of our games and you can't make any changes to your account? Ok we will just throw this problem aside and get back to you in about a month or 2, maybe even next patch"

Think about it like this
Let's say the glyph launcher wasn't working and no one is able to launch a game
Are they going to fix this problem first or try fix the things that aren't working in the games that you can't launch

sillywabbit
07-11-2015, 08:03 AM
The answer is simple. It is not a difference in prioritization, but rather of resources and skillsets. Different teams work on the platform than work on the game code.
The game is created by the Development team at XL in Korea, while we maintain our own platform services.
Brasse

So wait you run the cash shop now? i thought you said XL decides what goes in the shop?

Trion always hides behind a blanket of misdirection. Never answers anything! that's why our game has next to no information about it

Take this "what does focus do" How much focus adds what? A question since alpha never answered always avoided.

Thenijiway
07-11-2015, 08:08 AM
So wait you run the cash shop now? i thought you said XL decides what goes in the shop?

Trion always hides behind a blanket of misdirection. Never answers anything! that's why our game has next to no information about it

Take this "what does focus do" How much focus adds what? A question since alpha never answered always avoided.

It does say what focus does

Tranquility
07-11-2015, 08:10 AM

Really? Those of us who choose to financially support Trion on a regular basis, find this an extremely "high priority" issue, and a quick-fix is necessary. I for one am grateful they're looking into it above other issues. It depends on your personal playstyle, preference(s), and pocketbook(s)...but there are many players who put a lot of RL money into the game. Not being able to purchase credits, Apex, packages, etc...is a problem. It's a problem for free-to-play players as well, who buy their APEX from those of us who list them in the AH.

The issue doesn't rest with just marketplace purchases of items...it's also affecting the purchasing of actual credits in the marketplace, as well as APEX in the store, for many of us.

sillywabbit
07-11-2015, 08:13 AM
It does say what focus does

No it does not, its just some bad translated text with no actual facts. i can put 4k ish focus (pot cape gems ect) and someone with 15% parry can parry me 7 times in a row.. so no it does not say what focus does. their is no information about the game. Trion could use the live streams to teach and explain stuff liek this but no rather just show cash shop items off

TrionBrasse
07-11-2015, 08:35 AM
RESOLVED: Platform restart has completed and functionality is slowly returning to CST and the Marketplace. We confirmed we were able to make in-game purchases, in addition to monetary purchases.

If you are still experiencing a problem with purchases, please submit a CS ticket!

TrionBrasse
07-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Now that we are sure the issue is resolved, I am closing this thread.
Thank you all for your understanding.
;-)#