PDA

View Full Version : Help Maximizing Block & Parry

CrouchingMoose
07-14-2015, 06:54 AM
Besides gems, frosts, Redoubt, Supplemental Block, Battle Focus, and Deflect and Retaliate, what other ways are there to raise your Block and Parry percentages?

DarkManiako
07-14-2015, 06:59 AM
hover your mouse on your stats and see what they increase.
and grind for a block auroria cloak (that increases parry too).

Zehro
07-14-2015, 07:20 AM
STR and STAM increase block and parry rate as well.

STR raises block and parry rate at a higher rate per point compared to STAM. And yes its dumb that the more offensive stat contributes more to defense than the defensive stat.

Gale earrings raise your parry rate as well.

Gamemako
07-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Besides gems, frosts, Redoubt, Supplemental Block, Battle Focus, and Deflect and Retaliate, what other ways are there to raise your Block and Parry percentages?

Strength (both), Stamina (parry), Disgraceful Fall (both), Gale earrings (parry), obsidian leather boots with strength (parry), obsidian STA plate chest (parry) and gloves (block). As I understand, in 2.0, plate unique+ bonus (both).

Myrgatroid
07-14-2015, 07:33 AM
I wasn't overly excited when disgraceful fall popped for me, but now l am ever so thankful l have it. I think it is one of the best capes (great passive and each dps tree works with defense too, so a lot of utility), and think it is worth the grind.

CrouchingMoose
07-14-2015, 08:56 AM
It looks like other than upgrading and Gemming my armor and shield, the only big changes I can make are getting the disgraceful fall cloak (Which I'll start trying to grind tonight). Would you guys recommend Gale Earri ngs over Wave for damage reduction? Also what kind of percentage does the leather boots give? I'm still going to keep the obsidian Sabatons for the supposed 2.0 buff.

MicDeath
07-16-2015, 04:27 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/KcMH9dN.jpg