PDA

View Full Version : Bounty of Knowledge Weekend: Double XP July 17-20

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Join us in ArcheAge this weekend for a round of double experience! From July 17-20, youíll get twice as much XP for all monster kills, crafting, and gathering activity that provides experience!

Itís the perfect time to hit 55, level an alt, or join the game for the first time. Whatever you choose to do, we canít wait to hear about your adventures.

Event Duration: Friday, July 17 at 1pm PDT (-7 GMT) to Monday, July 20 at 1pm PDT (-7 GMT)

An exceptionally rewarding experience awaits in Erenor, so get out there and help secure the land and sea!

Tousseau
07-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Oooo... nice...

Sounds like this may be a good weekend to get Eustace (my main farmhand) some game time... :o

Rahvin
07-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Now here is a good event :)

VeSanter
07-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Does experience from an experia plants count towards EXP bonus?

artlessknave
07-16-2015, 05:30 PM
great, just enough time to not have any labor saved up at all, thanks for the warning....

Alkaint
07-16-2015, 05:31 PM
what ? this is so vague, how does this works ?

only mobs ?
quests ?
experia ?
purses and gathering, also does it stack with pots ?? do we get the extra exp directly or via mail like other rewards ?

please add some more info about this event

Ehrendil
07-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Hi,

Could we get, let's say, at least 3 days before, a warning for those events ?

I would have planned my week-end a bit differently if I had the info...

Ty

Medellin
07-16-2015, 08:15 PM
what about quests? aka library bosses and kill quests.

Rubica
07-17-2015, 12:35 AM
what ? this is so vague, how does this works ?

only mobs ?
quests ?
experia ?
purses and gathering, also does it stack with pots ?? do we get the extra exp directly or via mail like other rewards ?

please add some more info about this event

Opening Purses is not gathering neither crafting...
You want to get extra exp via mail? Ya made me laugh soooo loud :)
Common sense mate...

what about quests? aka library bosses and kill quests.

Are you re(t)arded? Do you see word quest in event description?

"Join us in ArcheAge this weekend for a round of double experience! From July 17-20, youíll get twice as much XP for all monster kills, crafting, and gathering activity that provides experience!"
Killing monster so exp just for killing boss not double exp for the quest to kill it...

Zerref
07-17-2015, 12:53 AM
Rubica don't expect too much.. typical customer who didn't read or want to understand.

Rynya
07-17-2015, 12:00 PM
I think Alkaint's question is a valid one! Thanks for asking! ^_^

Trixologist
07-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Itís the perfect time to hit 55, level an alt, or join the game for the first time. Whatever you choose to do, we canít wait to hear about your adventures.

This is an event I can definitely get behind. Thank you for hosting it (finally :)).

Feedback about creating another alt account for tax relief.

1.) I shouldn't have to have an alternate acct to obtain tax relief, let me pay for some type of service or package on my main that lets me keep all of my property together but receive a bonus as if I had two accts. Like seriously even a double sub on the same acct is something I would do to avoid having to log in and out and that ridiculously long start up process in between. PLEASE CONSIDER CONSOLIDATION OPTIONS. I don't like having two, three, four accts.

2.) Creating a new character (or 2 in my case) is incredibly annoying (if you already have one). The new player tutorial ran each time (3) I created a new character, not just the first as stated on the Tutorial. Dear gawd for the sake of everything holy - fix this pls. Its cool the first time, but every single time is just unforgivable.

Aside from it running when it wasn't supposed to, I do like the new tutorial and it gives an interesting overview of the game. I did find that some of the actions mentioned were different with in game defaults (like accepting quests - thats G not F by default, proceeding to the next set of dialog is F).

K - thats it for now. Thx again for the event.

arby
07-17-2015, 01:33 PM
TBH, I think this sucks. It takes forever to get from 50 to 55, so the one chance where you could at least get double xp for the Auroria dailies is denied. Whoopie, I get 4400 per kill in stead of 2200, how about 80000 for the quest in stead of 40000? I mean it not like you need 2 million xp per level or anything. Totally assed up, should have expected it, tbh.

OK, I can't strikethrough the text, but I withdraw this. See my new comment below

Ryjami
07-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥, are some of you guys serious? What is it with MMORPG gamers having the biggest, self-important, safety-mittens ego? It's a FREE EVENT.

Inb4 "just because it's free doesn't mean I can't complain!" I'm not saying anybody doesn't have a right to complain. I'm just saying you look like a ♥♥♥♥♥y, whiny child when doing it.

Thanks for the event Trion, my little brother whose busy grinding appreciates it and passes his thanks to you all for this one =)

arby
07-18-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm sure if I was grinding a new toon this would be the shiznit, but for someone trying to top off a 50+, which is takes longer than getting to 50 by a long shot already, this event is pointless altogether. I ran up a blighter from 1-50 in less than a week, I've been grinding my infiltrator from 50 for three weeks and have managed to get all the way up to 52 1/2...

and god forbid you get killed and lose literally a day's worth of grinding after you visit Nui and get your partial lost xp back. High end game needs some tlc, period.

EDIT: After doing the Sungold dailies I see that they actually are giving double xp for the quest as well. So, sorry about the rant, but it would have been nice if this were made more clear in the announcement.

On the other hand... I stand by my proclamation that grinding after 50 sucks ♥♥♥ and really needs to be adjusted.

Rahvin
07-18-2015, 10:52 AM
If you're going to run a double xp weekend you REALLY should remember to feed the hamsters...Aranzeb is down...

Just sayin'

:mad:

Toffin
07-18-2015, 11:45 AM
We all know why the Double XP is going on, its a way for Celestrata the new CM to get leveled up on different servers. :)

laflare
07-18-2015, 01:05 PM
can aranzeb get some compensation please? this double XP event, our server has went down as of 4pm est saturday, 5 times. 3 times today all within about 30 mins of each other...... so we barely get to take advantage of this event.....

Cyber Locc
07-18-2015, 02:00 PM
can aranzeb get some compensation please? this double XP event, our server has went down as of 4pm est saturday, 5 times. 3 times today all within about 30 mins of each other...... so we barely get to take advantage of this event.....

Yep I am with him Servers have been in maintenance more since the event started then they have been up. Are you going to extend the Event for Aranzeb?

Alianne
07-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Heck we (Aranzeb) missed out on the fishing tournament today too... so no tournament and no xp bonus... someone at Trion doesn't like us =(

Bruticus
07-18-2015, 03:15 PM
real great double xp and server is down for maintenance

GDubYaa
07-18-2015, 03:39 PM
And of course its the weekend and Aranzeb is down for Maint. So whoopeeee for this event...NOT!!!!

Draksis517
07-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Because of this my Harani got from lvl 38-47...

cloudehopper77
07-18-2015, 07:13 PM
And of course its the weekend and Aranzeb is down for Maint. So whoopeeee for this event...NOT!!!!
i share your feelings i finally get a day to play and this happens :'(

GDubYaa
07-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Why do I suddenly see Obiwan saying "There is a disturbance in the force as if a Thousand Voices cried out in Aranzeb....AGAIN???!!!!"...Please gods of the servers....Fix this shyte...lol

Zepfu
07-19-2015, 10:46 AM
During events like this, can there be some kind of benefit to those of us who've been professionals and leveled all our classes to 55 already? Maybe 2x proficiency progression or passive higher loot drop %-- not sure what would be appropriate exactly.

That being said, none of that would have actually helped this weekend with Aranzeb being down. :/

arby
07-20-2015, 05:36 AM
OMG dude. That's not some jealousy I see, is it?

Janek
07-23-2015, 07:11 AM
pls, dont do xp events more..
if u want help us, do more events with honor points x2

ppl including me trying to socket lunagems over and over and after spend like 10-20k my best score was 3 of 7 slots:)

Flynx
07-24-2015, 01:49 AM
Does the 2x XP applicable to this weekend as well as I heard others will saying but cant seem to find any thread to this.

Lynnara
07-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Does the 2x XP applicable to this weekend as well as I heard others will saying but cant seem to find any thread to this.

That's because celestrata is still learning her job.