PDA

View Full Version : Self-healing with devotion

Chyurdan
04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Can you heal yourself with the healing skills in the devotion tree or is it only allies? The skills seem to say on a friendly target or ally so I'm not sure.

Booyah
04-11-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering that too. Cause it'd suck to go into a fight and heal anyone but yourself haha

Blue
04-11-2014, 11:55 AM
I can confirm you can heal yourself with them. :3

Legion
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Can you heal yourself with the healing skills in the devotion tree or is it only allies? The skills seem to say on a friendly target or ally so I'm not sure.
You can heal yourself and your allies =]

SilverCrest
04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
go in pk mode and target your ally, after hes dead say "i wanted to heal you" haha

Akito2y
04-11-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm wondering that too. Cause it'd suck to go into a fight and heal anyone but yourself haha

I was just gonna type that xD
Imagine u fighting of a pk, and the system consider him a ally when u try using heal to heal your self during battle xD

Braz
04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
You will heal your ally even if he is pk mode on and already had hit someone else and both in Korean and Russian version the healer don't need to turn on pk mode or go to pk mode healing others in pk mode.

For those who didn't played yet. You can turn the pk mode anytime but you can only be hitted/killed by everyone without pk mode on after you already hited someone.

Voom
04-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Is self-healing through potions a sustainable method or do you really need Devotion or Artistry for heals?

Like if someone went all damange/cc in their tree could they still use potions and stay alive or would they need a Healer friend to back them up?

Thasarthir
04-12-2014, 06:33 AM
You just have to hold ALT to cast it in yourself.

Aelos
04-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Is self-healing through potions a sustainable method or do you really need Devotion or Artistry for heals?

Like if someone went all damange/cc in their tree could they still use potions and stay alive or would they need a Healer friend to back them up?

I've seen people with potions and then again the ones I see that stay alive have the healer skills. But I mean it's probably wayyyy more useful with a Healer friend so you don't waste potions haha

Ezenkrul
04-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Honestly, sometimes the damage that one or two players can do to you will over power the healing you can do to yourself. Also, they do plan on making healing a separate stat in the future which will change healing.

MacNicol1
04-12-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm a medium(monk) devtion,artistry,necromacy and you can self cast heals

Slimylemon
04-13-2014, 06:12 AM

Yea you'll find that it is definatly a lot slower without someway to heal yourself through your trees. Necro is great to have because of its life drain, and mana absorption skill, lets you punch on with mobs for days without needing to stop.

However, you can carry an instrument, like a flute or something, that you can play to regen your mana and i believe some regen your hp too. So this could be helpful if your running without heals. I don't recommend you pick a healing tree in your build purely to help you level though. Pick the tree's you want to have in the end game, everything else will work out. Theres no point in levelling with one class and switching up at the end and having to level up a new tree all the way to 50! haha.

In regards to the OP question, as everyone else said, yea defiantly can self heal with this tree. Its really great too since the HoT (heal over time) is an instant cast, so you can pop it on yourself and keep slashing and/or casting away as you go. :)

Braz
04-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Vitalism(or Devotion) tree can't save you alone, you need use others types of healing to survive like potions, damage reduction spells and others types of resources to not die.