PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.7 Build 7.0 ("Submarine Update") PTS Patch Notes

Amary
07-17-2015, 02:44 PM
SUBMARINES
* Submarines finally come to ArcheAge!
* Submarines act as a hybrid of mounts and customizable ships for water travel. Two players can ride a submarine, and both riders can be wearing trade packs.
* Submarines can be purchased on Mirage Isle for 250 Gilda Stars. (*PTS NOTE* Currently only the Lapis submarine design is available for purchase on Mirage Isle. An issue was found in testing the mechanic that allowed you to change submarine color between Lapis, Ruby, and Platinum which deleted equipped submarine parts. We're in contact with XL to add the Ruby and Platinum designs directly to Mirage.)
* A limited time event submarine, the Copper Steamfish Submarine, will be available through the SOS Lifeguard event coming July 21 through August 4th. This submarine cannot equip customizations.
* For a full writeup detailing Submarines, see the article here (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/16/dread-prophecies-spotlight-submarines/).

*(PTS NOTE)* An ongoing discussion is taking place over the acquisition of the Reinforced Tail Frame required to craft the Reinforced Tailfin and Giant Tailfin submarine customizations. The Frame is currently dropped from the weekend (5-player) Dahuta at a rare drop rate (though not as rare as Fuschiafin), which can be increased with various loot rate buffs. A concern has been expressed about not making this item too easy to farm and we are openly asking for PTS player feedback to add to the conversation.

GLIDER UPGRADE SYSTEM
* Glider stats can now be enhanced through the Glider Upgrade System at a Carpentry Workbench!
* The first level of enhancement upgrades all flight stats to High.
* A second level of enhancement can be attempted to increase a single stat to Very High.
* For a full description of the Glider Upgrade System, see the article here (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/17/introducing-great-new-glider-upgrades/).

NEW DAILY MERIT QUEST
* Added a new daily Merit Quest that allows you to spend 1000 Labor to receive 1 Merit Badge and 1 empty bottle. The empty bottle can be used to convert 1 12-hour cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion into 1 bound no-cooldown Worker's Compensation (1000 Labor) potion.

GENERAL
* Permanently added the Divine Blessings benefit to Patrons: Patrons can now obtain three additional Loyalty Tokens per day. To claim these tokens, adventurers will have to click a new UI button in the corner of their screen. You may click this button once per hour to claim one token.
* Leviathan and other raid monsters can now remove certain blocking items in close range - such as trade packs dropped to block pathing.
* Arcane Relic Trade Pack now has an appropriate Labor cost when sold.
* Corrected the speed on Green Elks to 9.0m/s to match other starting mounts.
* Fixed Honor Point Boost potions not applying the bonus in Arenas.
* Fixed the Crimson Lightning Essence Fragments not combining properly into a Crimson Lightning Essence.
* Auramancy: The Unassailable skill was not triggering as often as intended and has been increased.
* Fixed Fish Finder not showing fish schools on some sea maps.
* Added the Mining Drill item to Vocation Badge vendors. This item can be placed to generate stone, ore, and gems for mining.
* Merit Quests: Party Challenge: Fixed the Grimghast Rift Rank 1 quest not completing properly.
* Serpentis: Carmila's Dark Deadly Poison effect should now be more visible.
* Anthalon: Corrected the name display of the Necromantic Flame skill.

DISPLAY
* Corrected a darkened neck texture on Firran female models when wearing certain costumes.
* Also corrected an error on the Firran female skin tone selection in character creation.
* Fixed a Marketplace Preview display issue in DX11 where the background did not render properly.

ravenoir
07-17-2015, 03:07 PM
SUBMARINES
*(PTS NOTE)* An ongoing discussion is taking place over the acquisition of the Reinforced Tail Frame required to craft the Reinforced Tailfin and Giant Tailfin submarine customizations. The Frame is currently dropped from the weekend (5-player) Dahuta at a rare drop rate (though not as rare as Fuschiafin), which can be increased with various loot rate buffs. A concern has been expressed about not making this item too easy to farm and we are openly asking for PTS player feedback to add to the conversation.

You might want to put the rate at 100% or just toss them into the Marketplace for a decent amount of credits. Considering the amount it needs for a small update of max 10% speed, it really shouldn't be so hard to obtain.

Delirium
07-17-2015, 03:12 PM
I've chronometered it, I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes precisely.

JerryBoyle
07-17-2015, 03:13 PM
If you want people to do Dahuta, up the chance of Fusciafin and make the tailfin 100% or close to it drop.

Winia
07-17-2015, 03:37 PM
You might want to put the rate at 100% or just toss them into the Marketplace for a decent amount of credits. Considering the amount it needs for a small update of max 10% speed, it really shouldn't be so hard to obtain.

This, Subs without this item are next to useless and not much better with it.

It still takes a bit of materials to craft up the tail and you need 3 frames to get the best tail.

Mickyan
07-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Is it bind on pickup?

Blighter NA
07-17-2015, 04:36 PM
If you want people to do Dahuta, up the chance of Fusciafin and make the tailfin 100% or close to it drop.
Right to the point! I agree with drop rate up to 100%, maybe 90% so that there's always the RNG misfortune of getting nothing that XL loves.

Moose Wayne
07-17-2015, 04:40 PM
* Arcane Relic Trade Pack now has an appropriate Labor cost when sold.

Does this mean the pack is even more worthless now? I have to applaud you guys for somehow managing to make it worse than it already is.

Bunnyleptic
07-17-2015, 05:17 PM
It seems the "test- drive submarines" cannot be used to test it out??

Arrowfirst
07-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Subs are awesome! The Skywhisper is also amazing. Just wondering is the Fae Gliders (like the Crimson Fae & the Lapis Fae) new? I know now that the Skywhisper is but I don't know if the Fae Gliders are new too.

February
07-18-2015, 01:40 PM
What about Marketplace update, wtb new costumes

Elaeagnus
07-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Subs are awesome! The Skywhisper is also amazing. Just wondering is the Fae Gliders (like the Crimson Fae & the Lapis Fae) new? I know now that the Skywhisper is but I don't know if the Fae Gliders are new too.

As far as I know, the gliders on the "Enhance" list that have never been obtainable are the Crimson Fae Wings, Gilt Spiral Glider, Lapis Fae Wings, and the Legendary Dragon Wings.

What about Marketplace update, wtb new costumes

It's always Archeum Supply Crate > Costume Box > Archeum Supply Crate > Costume Box, repeat. We just got the Sailor Costume Box last, and the next box is the Skywhisper Archeum Supply Crate which gives the Skywhisper Glider.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all of the testing!

We just wanted to let you all know that XL has created a new build for us to deploy, and it is currently in testing. This build will let us enable the Ruby and Platinum Steamfish as previously announced and planned. Because we had to get a new build of the game, the 1.7C patch is not going to go live as planned on Tuesday and we will be moving the update to Wednesday.

Reithan
07-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Does it make the subs as fast as a donkey?

Winia
07-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Are all the subs the same?
I remember reading someplace that one was faster on the surface, one was faster under water and one had the same speed.

Neva
07-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Back in Alpha:
Red (Honor) sub was faster underwater than at the surface of the water.
Platinum (Vocation) sub was faster on the surface of the water than underwater.
Blue (Gilda) sub was the same underwater and on surface (but slower than the "good" speed of the other two).

This is what they say in the Sub Spotlight:
"These vehicles have a base speed of 5.5 m/s while submerged or on the surface of the water, but you can boost your speed with upgraded equipment."

In someone's testing we see Surface speed 5.5 Below Surface is 5.0.

Can we verify if all the subs have the same speeds or if they have different speeds like they did in Alpha?

JerryBoyle
07-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Back in Alpha:
Red (Honor) sub was faster underwater than at the surface of the water.
Platinum (Vocation) sub was faster on the surface of the water than underwater.
Blue (Gilda) sub was the same underwater and on surface (but slower than the "good" speed of the other two).

This is what they say in the Sub Spotlight:
"These vehicles have a base speed of 5.5 m/s while submerged or on the surface of the water, but you can boost your speed with upgraded equipment."

In testing it seems what they say in the spotlight is not correct.

Can we verify if all the subs have the same speeds or if they have different speeds like they did in Alpha?
I could do this after Mistmerrow, I was given all three subs but no sub parts. So should be easy to see if there's a difference between the three if nobody does it by then.

After using all three without equips, they all have the same speed above water(5.5) and below water(5.0)

Sinseer
07-21-2015, 01:37 PM
what is the speed of the sub when you have Trade packs on you? still 5.5ms/5.0ms?

Cyanfin i believe is 5.5ms above and below water.

With packs. 2.8ms above and below water.

Regular Donkey with packs 2.1ms Above and below water. (no fins.. no buffs)

Mickyan
07-21-2015, 02:42 PM
The speed for subs with a tradepack is 2.8ms. The sad thing is donkeys get a 30% increase out of the box and can easily get another 15% with decent legpads, subs you can spend something like yet another thousand gold (not even counting the Reinforced Tail Frames which are a rare dungeon drop) for just a 20% increase.

Hence why the infamous "guaranteed to be more effective than a donkey" is quite frankly, complete bollocks.

Emyou
07-22-2015, 09:58 AM
any news about skill queue?

Arrowfirst
07-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Ah

Arrowfirst
07-22-2015, 10:06 AM
As far as I know, the gliders on the "Enhance" list that have never been obtainable are the Crimson Fae Wings, Gilt Spiral Glider, Lapis Fae Wings, and the Legendary Dragon Wings.

It's always Archeum Supply Crate > Costume Box > Archeum Supply Crate > Costume Box, repeat. We just got the Sailor Costume Box last, and the next box is the Skywhisper Archeum Supply Crate which gives the Skywhisper Glider.

Ah

Minakie
07-26-2015, 03:04 AM
GLIDER UPGRADE SYSTEM
* Glider stats can now be enhanced through the Glider Upgrade System at a Carpentry Workbench!
* The first level of enhancement upgrades all flight stats to High.
* A second level of enhancement can be attempted to increase a single stat to Very High.
* For a full description of the Glider Upgrade System, see the article here (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/17/introducing-great-new-glider-upgrades/).

What happens if I upgrade a glider that has a custom image item though? Does the upgraded version keep the applied image?

edit: I'd really like to get an official answer on this before I screw something up :D