PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.7C Delayed until Wednesday, Weekly Maintenance Delayed

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Greetings Adventurers!

Due to a bug we found in the tested version of 1.7C, we here at Trion have had to delay the release of the update to Wednesday, July 22.

Additionally, as we were going to perform the weekly maintenance at the same time as the patch, we will also be delaying the weekly maintenance from today to tomorrow. The maintenance will still occur while the game is down for our version 1.7C update.

Interested in learning more about 1.7C? Visit the main ArcheAge website to learn more about the glider upgrade system (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/17/introducing-great-new-glider-upgrades/) and submarines (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/16/dread-prophecies-spotlight-submarines/) being introduced!

stamgast
07-21-2015, 06:58 AM
what else is new

Gantrypengy
07-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Wednesday is July 22nd, not the 21st.

SweetMikka
07-21-2015, 07:02 AM
wow you must be really busy to not post this until one hour before we expect maintance to start.

KobaltBlue
07-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Wow... 1 HOUR before NA servers are scheduled to go down for Maintenance/Patch and we FINALLY have an update posted about it in a normal location. The communication is becoming ridiculous in this game. It has got to the point I only log on to burn labor and pay taxes and then I am off to a different game.
Trion, Start opening your eyes and looking at what your customers are complaining about. I think you would be shocked to find out that your game that you publish could have been saved just by changing small things. People are quitting, mostly for problems in game that could easily be fixed if the Publisher (ie Trion) LISTENED to their customer base.

Muteat
07-21-2015, 07:11 AM
For how long the servers are going down?

Thanks

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
For how long the servers are going down?

Thanks

When we have that information set, we will update our posts accordingly.

Neetero
07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?211692-Version-1.7-Build-7.0-(-quot-Submarine-Update-quot-)-PTS-Patch-Notes&p=1837024&viewfull=1#post1837024

MalReynolds
07-21-2015, 07:52 AM
wow you must be really busy to not post this until one hour before we expect maintance to start.

You ever consider that they were trying to fix the bug to get the release in on time, but just couldn't get it done quickly enough? Do you want them to release it with the bug? Or would you prefer that when they encounter a bug, they just push an update out a week to give them ample time to "communicate" a delay?

It's one day, you bloody drama queens. You can get your boxes tomorrow.

RichWhale
07-21-2015, 07:59 AM
You ever consider that they were trying to fix the bug to get the release in on time, but just couldn't get it done quickly enough? Do you want them to release it with the bug? Or would you prefer that when they encounter a bug, they just push an update out a week to give them ample time to "communicate" a delay?

It's one day, you bloody drama queens. You can get your boxes tomorrow.

Celestrata posted about the moving the patch a day out YESTERDAY on the PTS boards, they could have easily posted it in the news/announcements area yesterday already but they instead keep everyone in the dark until an hour before scheduled patch time.

It's about transparency and common sense when communicating with their customer base, so no, no "drama queens" here, just asking for common courtesy.

Orio
07-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Greetings Adventurers!

Due to a bug we found in the tested version of 1.7C, we here at Trion have had to delay the release of the update to Wednesday, July 22.

Additionally, as we were going to perform the weekly maintenance at the same time as the patch, we will also be delaying the weekly maintenance from today to tomorrow. The maintenance will still occur while the game is down for our version 1.7C update.

Interested in learning more about 1.7C? Visit the main ArcheAge website to learn more about the glider upgrade system (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/17/introducing-great-new-glider-upgrades/) and submarines (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/07/16/dread-prophecies-spotlight-submarines/) being introduced!

Hello.

Please dont forget to postpone SOS Lifeguard event as well.

Thanks.

Omega Rugal
07-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Greetings Adventurers!

Submarine isn't being introduced. Everyone was introduced to it back in alpha.
Introduced: bring (something, especially a product, measure, or concept) into use or operation for the first time.
Please stop reinventing words.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Hello.

Please dont forget to postpone SOS Lifeguard event as well.

Thanks.

SOS Lifeguard is tied into the update, so it can't go live without it. :)

Orio
07-21-2015, 08:17 AM
SOS Lifeguard is tied into the update, so it can't go live without it. :)

Np.
But previously happened that some events were coded in different manner as was expected, and ended prematurely (Red dragon) while news page still has "old" dates 21. july - 4. august. Please let players know new scheduling when will be this info available.

(No wailing 'bout "lost" loyalty yet? Wow.)

stamgast
07-21-2015, 08:28 AM
ar yousure. as you(trion) ar all the timewrong.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Np.
But previously happened that some events were coded in different manner as was expected, and ended prematurely (Red dragon) while news page still has "old" dates 21. july - 4. august. Please let players know new scheduling when will be this info available.

(No wailing 'bout "lost" loyalty yet? Wow.)

I have not updated it just yet, but it will be updated with the new dates when they are fully confirmed.

SierraK
07-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Submarine isn't being introduced. Everyone was introduced to it back in alpha.
Introduced: bring (something, especially a product, measure, or concept) into use or operation for the first time.
Please stop reinventing words.
It's being introduced to people that didn't play in alpha. Not 'everyone' was introduced to it. Please stop being a jerk.

Omega Rugal
07-21-2015, 10:03 AM
It's being introduced to people that didn't play in alpha. Not 'everyone' was introduced to it. Please stop being a jerk.
Literally everyone who has played this game over the course of 6 months has seen threads and youtube video of them nerfing the hell out of it.
Pointing out a misuse of a word is not being a jerk.
I had the same problem when scapes "introduced" the timber coupe considering it has been in mirage isle for the past 8 months.

SirenAspen
07-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Literally everyone who has played this game over the course of 6 months has seen threads and youtube video of them nerfing the hell out of it.
I had the same problem when scapes "introduced" the timber coupe considering it has been in mirage isle for the past 8 months.

For the record, some of my guildies had not seen or heard of the Sub until this patch/update was announced. Many of us actually spend time playing the game rather than watching other people play it via youtube. In such case, you have misused the term "Literally" and have now made an arse of yourself given how eloquently you pointed out the misuse of a word.

Scapes had his own issues, and we had our own issues with him, but we shouldn't press our issues with him on the new girl.

Idontkno
07-21-2015, 10:30 AM

I'll use the same quote you did.

into use or operation for the first time.

Alpha is not considered the actual game. It was a test. You were not able to use the cars until they introduced them.

Omega Rugal
07-21-2015, 10:32 AM
For the record, some of my guildies had not seen or heard of the Sub until this patch/update was announced. Many of us actually spend time playing the game rather than watching other people play it via youtube. In such case, you have misused the term "Literally" and have now made an arse of yourself given how eloquently you pointed out the misuse of a word.

Scapes had his own issues, and we had our own issues with him, but we shouldn't press our issues with him on the new girl.
I used literally correctly. Your guild members probably are very new.
Whether or not she is a girl or a guy is completely irrelevant. Correct use of words should be pretty important for communicating with the public.

Dolanduck
07-21-2015, 10:34 AM
http://www.comicsandmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Gordon-Ramsay-Angry-Kitchen-RAW-COW-EATS-SALAD.jpg

Ihminargfif
07-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Whether or not she is a girl or a guy is completely irrelevant. Correct use of words should be pretty important for communicating with the public.

Let's say I introduce you to my friend at a party, and say "hi friend, this is my pal, Mr. dumbass." Let's then say later at that same party, I see another friend and introduce you to him, and say "hi other friend, this is my pal, Mr. dumbass."

Just because I introduced Mr. dumbass to one friend first, doesn't mean i can't also introduce him to another friend at a later point in time, right?

Omega Rugal
07-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Except this isn't a party, nor are you individually addressing someone.
It's a general announcement to everyone. I guess it could be possible to introduce something over and over to the same group if that same group has alzheimer's.

Car analogy. It's like in the year 2000, Bugatti Automobiles introduces the Veyron supercar. Able to reach 60 mph in 2.2 seconds it won many awards. After some complaints from us regulatiors and before making it available to the public however they went back to korea and got hyundai motors to swap out the engine with a 1985 excel. It was then released under this form, which is of course slower than a wet donkey.

Rubica
07-22-2015, 12:34 AM

You just humiliate yourself by picking on someone where you are the one who doesn't understand the words' meaning.
Poor troll imitation...

Maxke
07-22-2015, 02:44 AM
To all complainers and such : Quit the game, uninstall it and go do a different game dudes.
Or go play ARK : Survival Evolved and play it like for a week and then come back to AA and tell me then what u've been through

Trixologist
07-22-2015, 03:59 AM

You used it completely incorrectly because literally no one in EU or NA has played or used a Submarine on fully functioning "live" servers in this version of AA...

Alpha for an mmo is a preview, LAUNCH indicates when a game goes live. Your experiences in Alpha gave you a preview to the game that didn't Launch until September of 2014. Please stop being silly acting like the entire customer base is full of early adopters who joined the game during Alpha to help test and push out bugs...that's not your reality or mine. For the record, I joined in Beta so "literally" would also be incorrectly used if applied to me. A similarly incorrect assumption would be to say that literally everyone that plays on AA plays on PTS.

Cellie
Thank you for posting, I do look forward to more timely updates to us customers going down the road. There are people drowning who need our help, who knows how many have been lost or eaten by sharks since yesterday. (don't forget the official patch notes :))

XMoshe
07-22-2015, 05:48 AM
What time is the planned update/maintenance now then? I assumed to start up my pc to find glyph ready to update but alas. So any timeframe?

TigerFox
07-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the update. I've been following subs & waiting their return since Alpha. This will be a pleasant surprise for those not following submarines.

I fully expect to see submarines arrive with the full nerd bat, as I (& other you tubers) were able to take out entire fleets with a few subs. However I will add that people shouldn't sweat this release. Submarines are cool toys, great for exploring & solo pack runs (which lots of people do you know!). Also, submarines will never be a counter to full Delphinad/Divine+ ships, & they shouldn't be. They should add a nice mix to encounters with a low cost of 250 Gilda stars.

Tiger - Salphira

jimmysnakes
07-22-2015, 07:36 AM
I fully expect to see submarines arrive with the full nerd bat

Yeah hit em wit da nerd bat plz

Camperpvprodigy
07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Many of us actually spend time playing the game rather than watching other people play it via youtube.
This is going in my sig. Thanks!

Exelsior
07-22-2015, 08:06 AM
so when the update ? cause wednesday is today !

Omega Rugal
07-22-2015, 08:46 AM
so when the update ? cause wednesday is today !
It's scheduled to be randomly applied.

Drejzer
07-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Nice to know...
Oh well, just wait for the update, I guess?

Modescond
07-22-2015, 09:28 AM
It's funny, people asking about the update status, the server status forum clearly says the NA servers are offline for the patch today.

mrsquishynut
07-22-2015, 10:00 AM
that bug is everyone already quit anyways lmao

Yarnia
07-22-2015, 10:00 AM
I understand that new employees need time to adapt to a new job. However, I also know that new employees are briefed on existing issues and "hot buttons." The new Community Manager has to know that communication has been frustrating the Archeage community since launch. Scapes finally got it in gear and began communicating better. Now we are back to a lack of regular communication.

This is not a difficult task nor is it an unreasonable request. Yes, we know the server is down, as announced. But update us as to the progress. It is such a little thing that goes such a long way.