PDA

View Full Version : Aranzeb Server Downtime Compensation & More Double Experience!

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Greetings Adventurers!

This weekend, many of you on Aranzeb were affected by significant server downtime, leaving you unable to play the game and enjoy the Double Experience weekend event. While we here at Trion and the team at XLGAMES worked diligently on both Saturday and Sunday to rectify this issue and get your server back online, we know that you guys didnít get the chance to really enjoy the weekend as much as you wanted to due to multiple 10 hour+ periods of downtime.

In order to compensate you for this weekendís events, we will be running the Bounty of Knowledge weekend event again for all servers between between July 24 and July 27. Additionally, Aranzeb players will receive the following compensation for their downtime:

For all players with Patron Status on Aranzeb at the time of the outage (July 17 Ė July 19), your status will be extended by 2 days.
Two bound, no cooldown 1000 labor potions and 5 reward coins delivered to all Aranzeb players active within the last 30 days, regardless of patron status, through the in-game mail system to your highest level character on Aranzeb. Please note that you will only receive 1 of these deliveries per account, and they will be waiting for you on your highest level character.

These compensation items will be delivered as denoted starting on Wednesday, July 22nd. Please allow 48 hours for the items to be delivered. If the items are not delivered to your account after 48 hours, please contact our customer service team at http://support.trionworlds.com for assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience these downtimes may have caused, and we hope you enjoy a second weekend of double experience!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

xydrine
07-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Welp so much for the free mythic tuna clubs for all compensation idea :(.

Tousseau
07-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Well done team Trion/XL... :D

Best Healer NA
07-21-2015, 01:17 PM
stop giving people things fk

bellaralo
07-21-2015, 01:25 PM
\o/

Fweeee labor.

Thank you!

Shimmerz
07-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the update. :) This is more compensation than any of the other game I play would have done! Great Job! Thanks.

Hanthos
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
stop giving people things fk

Shaddup...

Gank4Fun
07-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Thank god i got some useless twinks on Aranzeb and logged in during the timeframe.
Payday xD

Mally
07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
WOW! Thank you very much for the consideration and compensation! I'm a relatively new player (about 2 months?).

To be honest I was a little put-out by all the down time and trolling on the forums but this really just made my day and basically set in stone my Patronage.

Thank you. :)

TacoTuesday
07-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Sorry for asking, but im confused on the 5 reward coin part. are these the ones we exchange for the rng boxes? or they like the event coins

Jax
07-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Sorry for asking, but im confused on the 5 reward coin part. are these the ones we exchange for the rng boxes? or they like the event coins

I have the same question. Did you mean you are awarding fishing coins to compensate for the loss of the fishing tourney? Or did you actually mean reward coins which can be exchanged for any of the lockboxes on Mirage Isle? Clearly, there is a difference in value between the two.

I suppose I should add that the LP pots seem a bit light. I estimated there was more than 24 hours of downtime, not counting the few cumulative hours when the server was up but unstable. So patrons would have lost in excess of 2880 lp over that time if they were capped upon attempted log on. I think three of the 1000 lp pots would be closer to the projected loss of labor your patrons (potentially) experienced.

I do appreciate the extension of patron status for 2 days. This was thoughtful of you, thank you.

I know many people were using vocation tonics during the 2x event, and lost them when the server repeatedly went down. I think that if in fact you are awarding actual Award Coins rather than just fishing coins, this addition feels like adequate compensation for the various losses individuals might have experienced. If only fishing coins, then I sense some disappointment coming your way.

My thoughts, for what they're worth. And thanks very much again, Celestrata, for being both forthcoming and thoughtful in dealing with your new community.

Jax

xydrine
07-21-2015, 02:36 PM
I have the same question. Did you mean you are awarding fishing coins to compensate for the loss of the fishing tourney? Or did you actually mean reward coins which can be exchanged for any of the lockboxes on Mirage Isle? Clearly, there is a difference in value between the two.

Thanks in advance...

Jax

She meant the reward coins at mirage isle.

Nobody cares about fishing.

Jorisam
07-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Nice to get some compensation for missed possibility to play but ...when will we get the 2 extended days for Patron status? My status ended just on July 20 and so i was not even able to exchange my coins on Mirage island during patron..and now i would get only the reward for no patron status? Great
Greetings Adventurers!

This weekend, many of you on Aranzeb were affected by significant server downtime, leaving you unable to play the game and enjoy the Double Experience weekend event. While we here at Trion and the team at XLGAMES worked diligently on both Saturday and Sunday to rectify this issue and get your server back online, we know that you guys didn’t get the chance to really enjoy the weekend as much as you wanted to due to multiple 10 hour+ periods of downtime.

In order to compensate you for this weekend’s events, we will be running the Bounty of Knowledge weekend event again for all servers between between July 24 and July 27. Additionally, Aranzeb players will receive the following compensation for their downtime:

For all players with Patron Status on Aranzeb at the time of the outage (July 17 – July 19), your status will be extended by 2 days.
Two bound, no cooldown 1000 labor potions and 5 reward coins delivered to all Aranzeb players active within the last 30 days, regardless of patron status, through the in-game mail system to your highest level character on Aranzeb. Please note that you will only receive 1 of these deliveries per account, and they will be waiting for you on your highest level character.

These compensation items will be delivered as denoted starting on Wednesday, July 22nd. Please allow 48 hours for the items to be delivered. If the items are not delivered to your account after 48 hours, please contact our customer service team at http://support.trionworlds.com for assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience these downtimes may have caused, and we hope you enjoy a second weekend of double experience!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

SierraK
07-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Nice to get some compensation for missed possibility to play but ...when will we get the 2 extended days for Patron status? My status ended just on July 20 and so i was not even able to exchange my coins on Mirage island during patron..and now i would get only the reward for no patron status? Great

If these are the RNG box reward coins, that's a different bench from the divine blessings coins.

Jax
07-21-2015, 02:42 PM
She meant the reward coins at mirage isle.

Nobody cares about fishing.

Oh there were plenty of people complaining about having missed the fishing tourney and asking for fishing-specific compensation. Perhaps you missed that?

xydrine
07-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Oh there were plenty of people complaining about having missed the fishing tourney and asking for fishing-specific compensation. Perhaps you missed that?

Nope.

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2015, 02:54 PM

I think you may have misunderstood what was written, Jorisam. As you were a patron as of July 17-19, you will receive 2 more days of patron, and that will be delivered to you at some point between Wednesday and Thursday.

Skillz1337
07-21-2015, 03:42 PM
All this double xp is great and all, but some of us already have all our skills at 55 like a baus...

Traciatim
07-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Does the double XP work with experia bundles?

Nintemagic
07-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Does the double XP work with experia bundles?

no, it works on the labor used but not the bundles themselves.

So duck will give like 9k from labor and then 185k from the bundles so you get 18k + 185k.

Barts
07-21-2015, 11:18 PM
If these are the RNG box reward coins, that's a different bench from the divine blessings coins.

It is the RNG boxes then table is the one in the grass with the treasure chest sitting beside it, I double checked it today and all those RNG boxes is what you trade 1 Reward coin for 1 box.

mrsquishynut
07-22-2015, 12:16 PM
hey look they screwed something else up. great job trion

Adventure Awaits
07-22-2015, 10:03 PM
All this double xp is great and all, but some of us already have all our skills at 55 like a baus...

level an alt

Magnon
07-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Thank you guys for the compensation package, and for your hard work toward trying to get the server up, and figuring out what caused the outages. It's not easy to go through thousands of lines of code, and it's not easy to receive lots of harsh criticism. And in Celestrata's case in particular, there were personal attacks as to her capabilities as a communications manager. I know I wouldn't want her job. That guy who said she was worse than Scapes, and that Scapes was inadequate or whatever, should be ashamed. That was a low blow to both of them, and undeserved, no matter how upset with Trion he was. Not trying to be a kiss-♥♥♥ here, I just think that sort of thing is uncalled for. So thanks for burning the midnight oil during all that, and for the apology package.

Nibbledemon
07-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Aranzeb just went down again... I was doing a trade run full of packs????!!! Will I lose them all? Unreal.

Hanthos
07-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Here we go again...

poeticguardian
07-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Here we go again...

It just never ends, I didn't even get a chance to cash in the last compensation "gift" yet.

Psyrus
07-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Who's the culprit this time? :D

Freno
07-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Aranzeb just went down again... I was doing a trade run full of packs????!!! Will I lose them all? Unreal.

When they come back up you should be able to spawn your hauler and the trade packs will be in it.

poeticguardian
07-23-2015, 09:11 AM
:/

Barts
07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Server came up for a couple minutes and then boom down again.

Thewindor
07-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Hahahhahahaha is this a joke? 3 crashes within few hours. YOU FAIL TRION!

Hydro
07-23-2015, 04:21 PM
And they continue to close the thread so they look good as to "fixing" the issue, only to have it crash within the first 30 seconds of it being "fixed"...

Drizztjr
07-23-2015, 04:25 PM
yeah fixed?.. whaaa?.. serious i know things don't go well sometimes, but i want to move servers NOW!! plz get in touch with me asap through my email.. I am not at fault and not chasing you down to discuss it further..ty.

Shimmerz
07-23-2015, 04:40 PM
this really sucks... second weekend of double experience, that aranzeb probably wont see AGAIN... :(

KinetiX
07-23-2015, 04:42 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/ml-angry/server-down-fuuuuuuck.jpg

Busted
07-23-2015, 04:53 PM
I was thinking about complaining because I can only play weekends due to Life-related issues like keeping JOB and family. But, since you're giving compensations :), Fair enough

Thank you very much.. <3

Fictional
07-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Trion Worlds has got to be the most inept group of people ever to call themselves a Game Publisher!!! Not to mention the Community Managers they hire must be straight out of a backwoods GED program. They barely Acknowledge issues that are blatantly obvious. Then lurk on threads and close and delete posts that show them in a negative light.

I am not sure what the problem is but here is my view on this subject. I payed for patron status and therefor I am paying for access to Archeage. Included in that access I feel that there is a reasonable expectation of a Stable Server, Reasonable insight as to what is keeping me from accessing a Stable Server, as well as the expectation that my (everyone's) money is being used for the betterment of the Game and its assets. Of course there are other expectations that also go along with paying but I feel that these are not unreasonable to assume when paying for a service. In my opinion TRION WORLDS has failed at all of the mentioned expectations and should be ashamed of themselves. Thank the Gods for Bank assisted Charge Backs!

KinetiX
07-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Server's up.

Shimmerz
07-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Server's up.

thanks for posting :D

Zepfu
07-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Celestrata- check out #259653 when you get a chance. Also any of the other tickets that I opened in the less than 4 months I've been playing which received standard boiler plate responses.

I've only been here a short time, customer service is terrible though.

GenesisTheThief
07-24-2015, 12:23 AM
STILL no compensation... Do you specifically hate me?

Inari
07-24-2015, 09:38 AM
I didn't get my compensation and the livechat couldn't help me with it. :(

supermonkeyfun
07-24-2015, 11:52 AM
what time does double xp start? its already past 1 and i am still not getting double xp

tripwire
07-24-2015, 12:51 PM
what time does double xp start? its already past 1 and i am still not getting double xp
last week it started at 1pm PST

FEMANI
08-02-2015, 10:39 AM
KYRIOS is down

WHY?