PDA

View Full Version : KR Full Server PVP , what about NA ?

Barab
07-22-2015, 08:06 AM
I see there is a full pvp sever coming to KR ? How about here ? I would consider coming back if so :)

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-07-15/full_pvp_server_coming_soon_to_archeage_korean_ver sion.shtml

DarkManiako
07-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Celestrata said it's not on their schedule but if we are interested he can send a feedback

Zehro
07-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Unless they allow transfers, this wont work.

Vayzara
07-22-2015, 08:14 AM
You confuse full PvP with full ganking, good sir.

JerryBoyle
07-22-2015, 08:16 AM
It's not really a full pvp server either, there's still a plethora of safezones. Just more castle zones and more exp for pvp kills and honor and the safezones introduced with 1.8 in housing zones were removed. Not what I would call full pvp.

Dremlock
07-22-2015, 08:16 AM
This would be cool

NullTV
07-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Celestrata please suggest it to trion! This is what people want!

Whiskersmon
07-22-2015, 08:38 AM
A full PVP server would allow one 'main' guild to quickly gain momentum and dominate while other small guilds and low level characters have little to no chance at everything. Similarly an all PVE server would remove the skill from the game, thus making it less interesting. History has told us both of these sort of servers die quickly.

Barab
07-22-2015, 08:46 AM
A full PVP server would allow one 'main' guild to quickly gain momentum and dominate while other small guilds and low level characters have little to no chance at everything. Similarly an all PVE server would remove the skill from the game, thus making it less interesting. History has told us both of these sort of servers die quickly.

Clearly you have never played on a full pvp server.

Trixologist
07-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Celestrata said it's not on their schedule but if we are interested he can send a feedback

Lol things like this officially mean nothing now because for almost a whole entire year we were also told..."no merges, its not even on the table" and ...look what we have here... Integrity is no longer something I associate with Trion.

I'd be elated with this idea but the worst of the worst would stay right where they are because they don't actually seek a real battle, they just want to bully and you can't be a bully against someone that's exactly like you.

Upana
07-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Clearly you have never played on a full pvp server.

I have. I think an ArcheAge PvE server with only cross faction PvP at sea would do fantastically well.

I wouldn't play it, for sure. But that doesn't make the statement any less true.

FluXIx
07-22-2015, 10:03 AM
we alrdy have a PVP server its called ollo

BigMac
07-22-2015, 10:07 AM
The KR 'PvP' servers are not all PvP all the time. There are still safe zones where new players can level up. It's a bit more PvP and has 2 more castle zones in Auroria.

mrsquishynut
07-22-2015, 10:11 AM
lol but this is vanilla aa with a bigger cash shop.

Throwawawy
06-28-2016, 06:14 AM
bring this thread back to life! we need this

Prisha
06-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Its not that popular in kr. Server never eeaches high.

Honestly what aa needs is an influx of new players. But we all know thats never going to happen.

Even on wirld events you rarely see a full rais let alone two. Open world pvp would be fun and is in kr to a poi t. But you need to get players not shed them. And who would join in as. No land. Compete against divine or higher players.

Forget about quesying to 55. A new player would lose intrest fast.

But when trion does 3.0 they csn do what kr is doing now. 4x exp any mob quezt or crafying you do. Can be 50 to 55 no time.

jahlon
06-28-2016, 06:36 AM
Celestrata please suggest it to trion! This is what people want!

You my good sir do not speak for all the people.

I know the potato farmers of Salphira would not want a full pvp server

Throwawawy
06-28-2016, 06:38 AM

Honestly what aa needs is an influx of new players. But we all know thats never going to happen.

Even on wirld events you rarely see a full rais let alone two. Open world pvp would be fun and is in kr to a poi t. But you need to get players not shed them. And who would join in as. No land. Compete against divine or higher players.

But when trion does 3.0 they csn do what kr is doing now. 4x exp any mob quezt or crafying you do. Can be 50 to 55 no time.

mabye true but still better then another free start server normal rule set imo <.<

You my good sir do not speak for all the people.

I know the potato farmers of Salphira would not want a full pvp server

they can stay and do there own game and mabye will stop all from jumping server all the time.. mabye.

arby
06-28-2016, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a perfect idea for the "new fresh start servers." Rock on.

arby
06-28-2016, 07:34 AM
It's not really a full pvp server either, there's still a plethora of safezones.

Sorry, but when I read your comment, this just jumped in my mind...
https://38.media.tumblr.com/8ef5c056d375f8f5c17ddfff63654898/tumblr_n1ulvyDYV71sykpjyo6_400.gif

Traciatim
06-28-2016, 07:38 AM

The only reason I think it might work here is that all the hardcore PVPers would go there and the rest of the servers could actually play the game for a bit until all the hardcore PVPers leave because one group dominates the the server and we all know that PVPers don't want any challenge so they will go back to where the easy targets are. At least we would get 30 days of enjoyment until the new server became the least populated out there.

Witchbell
06-28-2016, 07:43 AM
they can stay and do there own game and mabye will stop all from jumping server all the time.. mabye.

Farmer's don't server jump since they actually value their land. PvPers jump most of the time because there isn't enough pvp for them. On a PvP server there will be an alliance that will grow to power that will shut down or significantly slow the process of everyone outside of the circle. They will hold content ransom just like on any other server which will force them to farm more often. After they've gotten tired of fighting 3h wars simply for the 9 larders that got stolen, they will transfer back or stop playing is transfers aren't allowed. Also people seem to assume that Farmers hate Pvpers. That's not the case. Sure getting your packs stolen is an inconvenience but feeling the risk of getting ganked and watching/participating in a lively chat can be pretty engaging as well. Players like to see activity even if they are doing something mundane. This is why having players of all variety playing together is way better than separating players via playstyles. A PvP server would become unbalanced really quickly and it would just lower the population of other servers. Its not really a good idea even though most hardcore PvPers believe its glorious.

Aeducan76
06-28-2016, 08:07 AM
You confuse full PvP with full ganking, good sir.

Unless itīs full body loot also i am not interested.

Cypriam
06-28-2016, 08:19 AM
Edited.

Caliban
06-28-2016, 08:54 AM
If you're going to do it, do it right...free for all server, only safe zones are cities. Basically the Mordred/Siege Perilous model.

Cypriam
06-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Farmer's don't server jump since they actually value their land. PvPers jump most of the time because there isn't enough pvp for them. On a PvP server there will be an alliance that will grow to power that will shut down or significantly slow the process of everyone outside of the circle. They will hold content ransom just like on any other server which will force them to farm more often. After they've gotten tired of fighting 3h wars simply for the 9 larders that got stolen, they will transfer back or stop playing is transfers aren't allowed. Also people seem to assume that Farmers hate Pvpers. That's not the case. Sure getting your packs stolen is an inconvenience but feeling the risk of getting ganked and watching/participating in a lively chat can be pretty engaging as well. Players like to see activity even if they are doing something mundane. This is why having players of all variety playing together is way better than separating players via playstyles. A PvP server would become unbalanced really quickly and it would just lower the population of other servers. Its not really a good idea even though most hardcore PvPers believe its glorious.

I somewhat agree. We need Farmers for targets in pvp, and Farmers need us to buy their stuff. However PVP'ers can be self sufficient too so I can see how a PVP server could work just fine.

Celestrata Bloodsong
06-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Certainly with the creation of the KR PvP server it's a possibility. One we have had on our minds, but one that exists in the same category as the new fresh start servers right now. It's an interesting idea, but we don't know if we're going to do it just yet.

But, if people are really interested, they should certainly post their support here so we can get a gauge of how desired something like this is.

ReaperOfDead
06-28-2016, 09:27 AM
+up for PvP EU Server

BLind
06-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Certainly with the creation of the KR PvP server it's a possibility. One we have had on our minds, but one that exists in the same category as the new fresh start servers right now. It's an interesting idea, but we don't know if we're going to do it just yet.

But, if people are really interested, they should certainly post their support here so we can get a gauge of how desired something like this is.

ooh awesome to get replay on same day even ;P i really hope it happens.
though bit sad u moved it, less ppl check feedback section.....

Rururu
06-28-2016, 10:16 AM
There are simply too many servers right now and it allows people to run away from pvp and free farm, bringing more servers online without eliminating existing servers is a horrendous idea.

When Morph was brought online alot of players left their characters behind on their original server and the overall population dropped. I don't want the same thing to happen again, NA Archeage simply does not have the playerbase to support 9 servers.

Honestly what needs to happen is one of two things.

1. Evolve 3 of the lowest population servers into the the next 3 lowest so we have 6 servers, designate an existing server to become the 'pvp server' and implement a ruleset to support it (6 castles instead of 4, all zones cycle though peace and war, ect)

2. turn off certain content on some servers to reduce the amount of freefarm a guild can gain on a low population server, right now there are some low pop servers which guilds have transfered to simply because they wish to gain absolute freefarm. Turning off Kraken, Red Dragon, Gold Trader and making it impossible to hold castles on select servers would prevent guilds from gaining these rewards without having to fight for any of them. This may seem harsh, but the fact of the matter is that the only players benefiting from these events are people who don't want to go to a higher population server and fight for the content, players who want to retain their housing empires would be able to do so if this change was made, players who were only there to get uncontested free farm would need to move on if they wanted to get that content.

Right now i don't think Trion should be thinking of straight up adding anymore servers, the population is spread thin enough as it is.

BLind
06-28-2016, 10:33 AM
There are simply too many servers right now and it allows people to run away from pvp and free farm, bringing more servers online without eliminating existing servers is a horrendous idea.

When Morph was brought online alot of players left their characters behind on their original server and the overall population dropped. I don't want the same thing to happen again, NA Archeage simply does not have the playerbase to support 9 servers.

Honestly what needs to happen is one of two things.

1. Evolve 3 of the lowest population servers into the the next 3 lowest so we have 6 servers, designate an existing server to become the 'pvp server' and implement a ruleset to support it (6 castles instead of 4, all zones cycle though peace and war, ect)

2. turn off certain content on some servers to reduce the amount of freefarm a guild can gain on a low population server, right now there are some low pop servers which guilds have transfered to simply because they wish to gain absolute freefarm. Turning off Kraken, Red Dragon, Gold Trader and making it impossible to hold castles on select servers would prevent guilds from gaining these rewards without having to fight for any of them. This may seem harsh, but the fact of the matter is that the only players benefiting from these events are people who don't want to go to a higher population server and fight for the content, players who want to retain their housing empires would be able to do so if this change was made, players who were only there to get uncontested free farm would need to move on if they wanted to get that content.

Right now i don't think Trion should be thinking of straight up adding anymore servers, the population is spread thin enough as it is.

though imo free farming on east side on dead server almost as good as GT <.< but I 100% agree with u

youtube Jasonwivart
06-28-2016, 10:42 AM
There is a thread with 30+ pages here saying yes to PvP server like in KR, read your own forums TRION http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?243056-Would-you-support-a-PvP-rulset-server-with-transfers-like-was-opened-up-in-KR-this-July

Prisha
06-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Nope, if they server mdrge like you say all servers wipe a d make three servers. No specail treatment to top tbree servets. After all if no wife. Servers merge, then they transfer. All land must be reset all servers.

This also would give three top servers supreme ah gold gaining while other merge servers resete. All must be land wiped.

youtube Jasonwivart
06-28-2016, 12:51 PM
I support the PvP server but NO TRANSFERS it should be a fresh start server

Celestrata Bloodsong
06-28-2016, 01:05 PM
There is a thread with 30+ pages here saying yes to PvP server like in KR, read your own forums TRION http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?243056-Would-you-support-a-PvP-rulset-server-with-transfers-like-was-opened-up-in-KR-this-July

Yes Jason, I'm already aware of that thread. We discussed it a few times in public back when it was on the front page of the forums and was a hot topic in the community. Thank you for reminding us of it, however.

Focslain
06-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Honestly I just want the housing change reverted, the full pvp zoning(ie no safe zone to relax in) is a bit too far in the other direction. Plus by the time I'd be able to survive in that type of environment I would have just moved to Auroria and be happy anyway.

Plus will agree with others that have said that our population is spread too thin. If we had 3+ servers on high I'd say otherwise but we don't.

Now an alternative is that instead of opening a new server is to change these rules to an existing one. Which though would be the question and it would need to be marked so to avoid confusion.

Cypriam
06-28-2016, 01:13 PM
I support this 100%. As far as the details of it. I'll let the people who get paid to make these decisions speak for me.

youtube Jasonwivart
06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Yes Jason, I'm already aware of that thread. We discussed it a few times in public back when it was on the front page of the forums and was a hot topic in the community. Thank you for reminding us of it, however.

I've also spread the word on reddit too so check there if you need more support/feedback from the community https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/4qbcv8/if_you_want_a_pvp_server_tell_them_here/

BrutLeX
06-28-2016, 01:56 PM

PvP servers happened, KyriosNA and ShatigonEU, look what happened to them...

Siobhan
06-28-2016, 02:09 PM
The biggest issue with making a PvP server (in my opinion, mind you) is that it would be a "dead server" inside of six months, maybe sooner.

Why, you ask?

Because in today's day and age, with the NA mindset presented so many times here in the forum, PvP would happen for a while, and then when no one could faceroll their way to server dominance they would jump to a potato server so they could free farm phat lewtz. Don't get me wrong, I think a PvP server is a good idea. I just don't think the reality would work the way it does on paper.

The only way it would possibly work is if it were a "fresh start" type server with no transferring to or from. Ever. Just roll a character there. It would necessarily have its own AH and credit pool with no way to transfer funds from the legacy servers. APEX bought and sold there has to stay there (in other words, you can't buy APEX there and use the credits on a legacy server and vice versa.) Give everyone a level-capped character, and a starter set of armor like the soulforged we just got, and let the games begin. No peace in housing when the zone cycles out of "peace" and cycle ALL zones. Turn off the cash shop except for image items, plushies with no stats, and mounts, and fix the RNG so that there's a waaaaaaaaaaay better chance of doing things.

We already have some of those abilities on the PTS server (it's own credit pool and AH, free armor, and free level to cap.)

It would either be dead in six months or it would be the most populated server in the bunch.

Scarlet
06-28-2016, 03:08 PM
I'd say combine some of the lower pop servers, then make a fresh start server.

Make it need fresh accounts (No credits/etc from old servers)

Furdaddio
06-28-2016, 03:29 PM
I would re-up all my accounts for a true fresh start server instantly. I have basically stopped playing because I feel like my work will be wasted as I (and many friends) will instantly start exclusively playing on the fresh start server.

Pryne
06-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Yes for PvP server.

Seyrenyo
06-28-2016, 03:43 PM
dear god. please.

English
06-28-2016, 04:09 PM
would love to see a hardcore pvp freshstart server

Lamini
06-28-2016, 04:57 PM

I thought that original poll looked familiar, I voted in it !

+1 for PVP server is a good direction for the game.

Shame it wasnt designed this way out of the box

Zypnis
06-29-2016, 03:12 AM
++up for Eu pvp server!

Tightpooty
06-29-2016, 04:01 AM
PvP servers happened, KyriosNA and ShatigonEU, look what happened to them...

Those weren't 'PvP' servers. Those are just zerg vs zerg simulations.

---

Just so you guys are aware, the KR PvP server was not a fresh start server.

Transfers are allowed.
The AH is clustered with every single other server besides the fresh start server (they have less servers) - so it would be the same as adding it to an ah cluster here.
XP is set at 2x the normal rate.
Honor is set at 2x rate.
Once you reach level 30 you can start a quest that gives you a choice of 5 gear sets that put you at 4,000 gear score. These are bound and not upgradable.
You can then skip to level 55 after reaching level 30 and doing your quest for a gear set.
No safe zones
Housing zone changes reverted
Library has pvp enabled.
All zones have their castles opened.
Player nations enabled.

bibomastar
06-29-2016, 06:08 AM
++ up for pvp server

bibomaster
06-29-2016, 06:09 AM
++ up for pvp server

BafraEU
06-29-2016, 06:10 AM
++ up for pvp server

4jacks
06-29-2016, 07:30 AM
Yes a full PvP server would be great. With that said, I really think it will be very difficult to implement, and there will be a lot of disappointment with how it eventually gets implemented.

Tightpooty
06-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Yes a full PvP server would be great. With that said, I really think it will be very difficult to implement, and there will be a lot of disappointment with how it eventually gets implemented.

The best way might be with polls for features and discussing it with the community, but trion usually doesn't do that.

JemandLeNoob
06-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Yes!!

Rururu
06-29-2016, 09:38 AM
You'd first have to decide if you wanted it to be a locked fresh start server or a server where any guild can transfer in like what Korea had, either way we need a serious reduction in the number of servers we have currently before any more servers of any kind are brought online.

Discreetmon
06-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Yes, please! FULL pvp server, fresh server, stop the credits spam at beginning - to make a true fresh server - Meaning, all credits you had won't be transferred in new fresh server/pvp server.

People dis-voting for a pvp server are pure Carebears or Role players - means only few PvPers left which is sad.

Rururu
06-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Yes, please! FULL pvp server, fresh server, stop the credits spam at beginning - to make a true fresh server - Meaning, all credits you had won't be transferred in new fresh server/pvp server.

People dis-voting for a pvp server are pure Carebears or Role players - means only few PvPers left which is sad.

This is an awful idea. If a pvp were to be opened it should allow players to transfer to it immediately. Don't confuse PVP server with a fresh start server.

Aired
06-30-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't care much for PVP. But I fully support the idea of an all out PVP server. If nothing more then to quite the people who complain about anything not pvp related on the current servers.

I remember Asheron's Call Darktide server, it was the most intense gaming I can remember. Starting a new character there meant being greeted by the level 100+ wrecking crew that would wonder around punching newbs to death. It was a right of passage and making it to level 26 was for me a major accomplishment. After which I scurried right back to my home server and went Carebear for life.

Babo
06-30-2016, 03:18 PM
+++ new fresh start pvp server as a separate region <3

magge93
07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
+++++ pvp eu! LETS GO!

Zepfu
07-05-2016, 12:43 PM
PVP server!
The only place you are safe is a Nui.
All castles available.
Nations available.
Transferable from/to.

Restrictions on farming non-pvp servers.

Humsh3n
08-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Would love to join fresh pvp server <3

Ashleinora
08-23-2016, 06:30 AM
X up for PvP server after 3.0 release!

Place restrictions on character creation when one faction has +20 more than the other.
All housing with conflict-peace
No safe zones but the nui
All castles available
World bosses once a week -including dgs
And ofc more RP!