PDA

View Full Version : Unskippable cutscene crash

samdrewpictures
07-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi

Whenever I launch the game I get 4 cutscenes, 3 of them I can skip with escape and then the last one I can't seem to skip and my game crashes during it every time. One time I launched it and this 4th cutscene didn't play and I was able to get to the server select screen (which also crashed when I tried to connect)

Is there a way to disable the cutscenes in the system.cfg file or something?

Thanks

Darthus
07-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Support files and people say if you "modify" the system.cfg in your documents/archeage directory to say first_intro_movie = 1, it will skip the cutscenes. But it does nothing for me.

lichenking
08-14-2014, 08:33 AM
I too am having the same problem and the system.cfg doesn't appear to be in the archeage folder

Archaegeo
08-14-2014, 08:35 AM
If it is the countryside scene, that's the one that plays when servers are not up

lichenking
08-14-2014, 08:41 AM
thanks archaegeo

Maejohl
08-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Such teasers...

Isengard
08-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Servers are up and still getting the field/tree/fountain/ruins cut scene then crash to desktop

Queasy Chief
10-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm getting that right now, all updates installed, first launch I was able to access the server selection, all were online. Selected my server, CRASH. Now every time I launch, I get the countryside cutscene-crash to desktop. Why Trion? Whyyyy?

Neromanjio
10-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm getting that right now, all updates installed, first launch I was able to access the server selection, all were online. Selected my server, CRASH. Now every time I launch, I get the countryside cutscene-crash to desktop. Why Trion? Whyyyy?

Same thing happened to me, first got to server selection, then waited, got to end of queue then got the "The Gods have disconnected..." message, then it kept crashing like this. After 12 or so tries got to server selection entered queue, finished queue and guess what, exactly the same thing again happening.

Larannas
11-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Bumping this up because I'm also having this issue and have had it in the past. I had a support ticket open for at least a week going back and forth and nothing worked. I finally did a complete reset of Windows (which, attn. Trion, meant downgrading Windows from 10 back to 8.2), which finally fixed it. . . . . . . . . . .until today. It was working fine this morning but, after a bit of breakfast, I went to get back on, as I had been AFK in my house, and "The gods have disconnected you." I go to pull it back up, and then, stone-battle-flag cut scene and crash. No server select, no nothing, just crash. Has anyone been able to find a fix that does NOT involve resetting Windows???