PDA

View Full Version : Kicks me off after crytek logo, no system.cfg file

shadryx
07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
So every time I get past the crytek logo right before the opening movie the game crashes and sends me back to my desktop. The help tips online say to go to the ArcheAge folder, find the system.cfg file and change a 0 to a 1 on the notepad. Problem is there is no system.cfg file to alter. Can anyone help me find it?

Scorpion
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
It's in your documents, you can find the system file there.

Documents>Archeage>Scroll down, and it's there.

Also, what I do to not crash before the server select, spam the "esc" key starting from the trion intro.

MrCh4d
07-30-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm also experiencing the same issue, crashing after crytek logo, either in the first cinematic, or the second one if I skip the first.
There is no 'system.cfg' file in my Documents folder either.
Help?

shadryx
07-30-2014, 11:21 PM
The problem is that it is not there. I've looked through every file and there is not a single one named system.cfg, there isn't even one called system anything. I've tried spamming escape as well and it doesn't work for me.

Randompasserby
07-30-2014, 11:29 PM
afaik, that file generates itself after you logged in with a character

NZ1
07-30-2014, 11:31 PM
spam escape when the intro movies come up or try enter+tab / alt tab

shadryx
07-30-2014, 11:36 PM
afaik, that file generates itself after you logged in with a character

The problem with that is I can't log on to MAKE a character.

shadryx
07-30-2014, 11:42 PM
spam escape when the intro movies come up or try enter+tab / alt tab

Tried them, it's not working for me.

Ondhoff
07-30-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm also experiencing the same issue, crashing after crytek logo, either in the first cinematic, or the second one if I skip the first.
There is no 'system.cfg' file in my Documents folder either.
Help?

Do you use Windows 8.1?
I have the same Issue and I have tried all the stuff like alt + enter then esc and nothing works.
I guees its DirectX 9 issue with windows 8.1 (for me atleast)

Trion are aware of the issue and I hope they have the time to fix this problem for us before the Beta is over :)

shadryx
07-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Ah, well, calling it a night. Hopefully there will be a fix that works when I log on tomorrow.

Nejik
07-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Do you use Windows 8.1?
I have the same Issue and I have tried all the stuff like alt + enter then esc and nothing works.
I guees its DirectX 9 issue with windows 8.1 (for me atleast)

Trion are aware of the issue and I hope they have the time to fix this problem for us before the Beta is over :)

i use 8.1 with dx9, all works fine for me

shadryx
08-01-2014, 12:36 PM
It still does the same thing today. Any more quick fixes I can try? Is this a problem on my end or theirs?

Bonypart
08-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Ah, well, calling it a night. Hopefully there will be a fix that works when I log on tomorrow.

Pigs might fly. This game has to be the most frustrating and disgraceful example of ineptitude from such a renowned developer. How in all things Holy can you launch a game without ensuring complete access beyond the Login? There are loads of so-called 'work arounds' that are supposed to grant access but none of them work and why, oh why should we be expected to trick the system in order to get beyond the CryEngine crash anyway?

A complete disaster in every respect..

shadryx
08-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Which really sucks because I really want to play this game:(

kosminel
08-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Same here! nice bug to lose beta testing! anyone got a fix for this? i have direct x 11, maybe would work with direct x 9?

shadryx
08-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Well, it is the Beta test. These are the things they work on to make sure the game runs smoothly when it comes out for everyone. It is very frustrating, though.

shadryx
08-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Still the same problem. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

GSikora
08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I was playing normal but got a Disconected by Gods. Tried to play again but after Trion splash, pressing ESC goes to the plains image and right after the watterfall apears the game closes.

error log ends like this:

<23:22:03> Splash: Preparing Screen...
<23:22:03> [Warning] [Lua Error] can't find target. cur uibounds is button 0X170 reviewMovieButton
<23:22:03> [Warning] can't find login_camera
<23:22:05> Level System - Loading Start
<23:22:05> precaching world entities ..
<23:22:05> precaching world entities .. done! total (0) objects
<23:22:05> Vegetation Manager : Loading World(login2)
<23:22:05> Vegetation Manager : Loading World - Done (total 36 vegetations)
<23:22:05> total 20 terrain world surfaces loaded
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: collisions
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: water
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: misc
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: ability_skill_table
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: ability_skill_table_k
<23:22:05> Loading Particle Library: abillity_skill_table_m
<23:22:06> Loading Particle Library: machinima
<23:22:06> Loading Particle Library: x2_effects
<23:22:06> Loading Particle Library: x2_effects_k
<23:22:06> Precached total 2 materials
<23:22:06> seamless loading cell terrain(W0, 1), (L0, 0)
<23:22:06> seamless loading cell object(W0, 1), (L0, 0)
<23:22:07> [net 02:21:51.966] dns ip:192.168.10.101
<23:22:07> [Warning] Particle effect not found: 'abillity_skill_table_m.login_stage_effect.elf_fog _01', from ParticleEffect ParticleEffect_24
<23:22:08> Load Zone Finished
<23:22:08> Level System - Loading Complete
<23:22:08> -----------------------------------------------------
<23:22:08> * LOADING: 'loginbg4' loading time: 4.22 seconds
<23:22:08> -----------------------------------------------------
<23:22:08> resetting terrain texture cache
<23:22:11> Change resolution: 1600x900x32 (Fullscreen)
<23:22:11> resetting terrain texture cache
<23:22:11> resetting terrain texture cache
<23:22:11> Final resolution: 1600x900x32 (Fullscreen)
<23:22:11> [Warning] WARNING: Bin FXShader 'shaders/Cache/D3D9/illumvalidations.cfib' source crc mismatch
<23:22:11> [Warning] WARNING: couldn't find technique 'DebugPass' in the sequence for technique 'General' (ignored)
<23:22:11> [Warning] CAreaGrid::BeginAreas() called before being initialized.
<23:22:33> [Warning] [net 02:22:33.266] socket error: 00000079 Unknown

Fasti
08-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Make sure to check your system against the minimum requirements for ArcheAge (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1736). If you meet the requirements, and you crash after the CryEngine 3 logo, the troubleshooting steps on this article (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1770) should work for you.

Now, just to be 100% sure we're on the same page, let me clarify what to try to get around this error. Please try this, even if you have tried it in the past, and let me know what happens.

Restart your PC. Launch Glyph, and the second you hit the Play button on ArcheAge start quickly tapping (spamming) the Esc key. Keep doing that until you are at the character creation screen. Once that's done, go ahead and create a character and get into the game.

After closing out the game, you'll find the system.cfg file there for you to modify to bypass the intro movie.

I hope this helps.

Bonypart
08-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Make sure to check your system against the minimum requirements for ArcheAge (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1736). If you meet the requirements, and you crash after the CryEngine 3 logo, the troubleshooting steps on this article (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1770) should work for you.

Now, just to be 100% sure we're on the same page, let me clarify what to try to get around this error. Please try this, even if you have tried it in the past, and let me know what happens.

Restart your PC. Launch Glyph, and the second you hit the Play button on ArcheAge start quickly tapping (spamming) the Esc key. Keep doing that until you are at the character creation screen. Once that's done, go ahead and create a character and get into the game.

After closing out the game, you'll find the system.cfg file there for you to modify to bypass the intro movie.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the steps but it simply doesn't work. I have completed all the suggestions in the FAQ, updated DX9 and DX11, submitted my DXdiag (with no response I might add) etc but spamming the ESC key eventually brings up a Green splash with 'Auroria, birthplace of magic' on it. Then the Trion movie kicks in and after the CryEngine part it crashes back to the 'Start' screen again.

Fasti
08-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Let's try another step to get this up and running. Since none of the previous steps have worked, go ahead and open a blank Notepad document. Paste the text found below into the Notepad file then click Save As. From the drop-down menu select the All Files option. In the File name field type system.cfg, and set the installation location as C:\ArcheAge. Once the file is saved, go ahead and launch Glyph then ArcheAge and see if the issue continues.

Make sure the Resolution detailed below matches your native resolution, as this varies by system).

-- [SYSTEM CONFIGURATION]
-- WARNING! THIS FILE IS GENERATED BY THE SYSTEM! EDITING IS NOT RECOMMENDED!

sys_spec_full = 4
r_driver = "DX9"
r_multithreaded = 0
option_sound = 2
r_windowx = 0
r_windowy = 39
r_width = 1680
r_height = 1050
r_fullscreen = 0
r_vsync = 0
login_first_movie = 1
ucc_ver = 2
auto_disconnect_timer = 30

GSikora
08-02-2014, 04:39 AM

I hope this helps.

In my case:

Played CBE1
was playing CBE2 yesterday and after disconect the game didn't lauch properly anymore. Got stuck after intro movie where appears scenes of the world.

So, in my case, my system is more than able to run the game.

Did all the steps the FAQs says and spamming ESC goes to the same world video and crashes. Trying to download the game again... think I won't play this CBE2 anymore =/ Don't see a quick solution :(

GSikora
08-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Well, I got some clues and news to this:

I have 4 chars at North America split in 2 servers.

I got this problem yesterday and uninstalled the game and get rid of Archeage folder on My Documents.

I just tried changing the beta to Europe and voila! The game goes without problem!

I guess that at startup the game comunicates with server to find some local Char info and not founding it, the game crash.

final log:
<09:42:54> -----------------------------------------------------
<09:42:54> * LOADING: 'loginbg4' loading time: 3.02 seconds
<09:42:54> -----------------------------------------------------
<09:42:54> failed to load character option file

GSikora
08-02-2014, 06:34 AM
More news:

I can log in and play at Europe Servers

The game won't load if I put North America (yet I played CBE1 and was playing CBE2 'til yesterday)

At a friend's house the game loads with my ACC at NorthAmerica Servers...

Any clue? Someone?

Lacerdaz
08-02-2014, 06:37 AM
More news:

I can log in and play at Europe Servers

The game won't load if I put North America (yet I played CBE1 and was playing CBE2 'til yesterday)

At a friend's house the game loads with my ACC at NorthAmerica Servers...

Any clue? Someone?
Same problem just like in here
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?22723-The-weirdest-bug-ever.

Princess Miyafuji
08-02-2014, 06:41 AM
You probably have damaged/corrupted client. Aka some files are damaged that crash the game on your PC when it tried to load them, and the copy on your friend's PC is OK. this can happen cause Trion uses P2P download system and the the protection, crc and checksum systems are not good enough to prevent people saving corrupted data, they nee do work on this. I also had some corruption on the early alpha client (geometry models, the infamous pig tails multiple people had, I had it too) the 1.2 download was thank god for me unscratched (or so it seems so far). You have to either redownload the whole thing, or bring big pendrive/external HDD to your friend's place and just copy his game overwrite yours with his files which seems to be not corrupted.

GSikora
08-02-2014, 06:45 AM
You probably have damaged/corrupted client. Aka some files are damaged that crash the game on your PC when it tried to load them, and the copy on your friend's PC is OK. this can happen cause Trion uses P2P download system and the the protection, crc and checksum systems are not good enough to prevent people saving corrupted data, they nee do work on this. I also had some corruption on the early alpha client (geometry models, the infamous pig tails multiple people had, I had it too) the 1.2 download was thank god for me unscratched (or so it seems so far). You have to either redownload the whole thing, or bring big pendrive/external HDD to your friend's place and just copy his game overwrite yours with his files which seems to be not corrupted.

I do believe it was/is a possibility...

But what do you tell me that I can log into European Servers w/o problem? Log, create, play... seams weird to be corrupted at some point =/

Fasti
08-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Can each of you confirm for me that you have the system.cfg file and it is set to skip the intro movie and the crash still happens, but only on the NA servers?

Next, can you go to C:\Documents\ArcheAge and rename the ArcheAge folder to ArcheAgeOLD then restart Glyph and ArcheAge.

If the crash continues, let me know.

Thanks!

Fledfy
08-02-2014, 08:07 AM
The same here. But if i change to Alpha or Europe, works fine again....

GSikora
08-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Can each of you confirm for me that you have the system.cfg file and it is set to skip the intro movie and the crash still happens, but only on the NA servers?

Next, can you go to C:\Documents\ArcheAge and rename the ArcheAge folder to ArcheAgeOLD then restart Glyph and ArcheAge.

Thanks!

Fasti, thanks for your attention. I answered the other post, but short answer here:

1- Only Crash at NA servers
2- Did that to folder before and even did remove the folder (with backup)

Game crashes only for NA servers.

The Elderling
08-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Thanks!

I can confirm that

Fasti
08-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks! Sending this info over now. Can you each make sure your system.cfg file is set to play in windowed mode, just to be sure?

Again, find the system.cfg file here -- C:\Documents\ArcheAge

Open the file using Notepad. Once the file is opened, adjust the r_Fullscreen 1 to say "r_Fullscreen 0" to force enable windowed mode, then save the file and launch Glyph/ArcheAge again.

GSikora
08-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks! Sending this info over now. Can you each make sure your system.cfg file is set to play in windowed mode, just to be sure?

Again, find the system.cfg file here -- C:\Documents\ArcheAge

Open the file using Notepad. Once the file is opened, adjust the r_Fullscreen 1 to say "r_Fullscreen 0" to force enable windowed mode, then save the file and launch Glyph/ArcheAge again.

Hi Fasti, already did that before. Did this again and nothing, crashes only for NA beta.

As said b4, the game ran perfectly fullscreen high quality and high res (1920x1080) before last night on NA servers and today stay fine for EU beta.

As far as I know, the problem isn't on system.cfg anymore.

Thanks again for your atention and fast replies. Hope we can clear this issue ;)

Fledfy
08-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Well, still playing in the European server while not solve this issue.

The Elderling
08-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Okay, for those having problem here goes my feedback, I've had the same problem, and after intense research I've learned that my problem was in my IP, thats right, my IP was being blocked, for some reason, so to fix it what I had to do was just change it, but how do I do that, well there are a couple ways First and more simple works for almost every provider nowdays, Reset your Modem letting it off for around 5minutes that should do the trick, if that do not work because your IP is not static, your can try to call your provider and have them doing it, third way, use a IP changer of thousands of programs around the internet.

GSikora
08-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice checked! Gonna try it soon! Out to lunch now.

Fledfy
08-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Okay, for those having problem here goes my feedback, I've had the same problem, and after intense research I've learned that my problem was in my IP, thats right, my IP was being blocked, for some reason, so to fix it what I had to do was just change it, but how do I do that, well there are a couple ways First and more simple works for almost every provider nowdays, Reset your Modem letting it off for around 5minutes that should do the trick, if that do not work because your IP is not static, your can try to call your provider and have them doing it, third way, use a IP changer of thousands of programs around the internet.

Works fine! I reset my modem and the IP was changed from 177.99.43.*** to 186.214.140.*** and.... Voilą! NA server is back...
Thx a lot man!

Reyld
08-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Hey GM Fasti,

I too have this problem and I have not played on CBE1 or 2. This is my first time. Had a clean install but still same thing happened.

I did what you said, created a notepad with :

sys_spec_full = 4
r_driver = "DX9"
r_multithreaded = 0
option_sound = 2
r_windowx = 0
r_windowy = 39
r_width = 1680
r_height = 1050
r_fullscreen = 0
r_vsync = 0
login_first_movie = 1
ucc_ver = 2

But with the resolution changed to fit my computer, saved as system.cfg (all types of file). Launched Glyph -> ArcheAge -> ESC at the start and it got me to server select then character select.

So far seems to be working fine! Thanks!!

GSikora
08-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Didn't help me here =/

Return to download the whole game again =(

Zydie
08-03-2014, 01:09 AM
After installation the system.cfg wasn't in my folder. After adding this i could start the game.
But at one time, I dont know why, I couldn't start the game and it crashed after the last video.
the system.cfg is still there but with no text in there! (the text was there when i copy it to the folder).
I think it has something to do with changing the graphic setting, because, when i try to change my graphic settings the Problem comes after i try the 3-4th time!
btw i cannot change the graphic setting, because they're not saved.

Fasti
08-03-2014, 01:29 AM
btw i cannot change the graphic setting, because they're not saved.

Go to your Documents folder and find the file called ArcheAge. Make certain you first went to Documents, then found the ArcheAge folder, as making changes to any other ArcheAge folder can cause other problems. Once you've found the ArcheAge folder in your Documents folder, rename the folder to ArcheAgeOLD, then restart Glyph and ArcheAge.

Once you launch the game, it should allow you to play, and it should allow you to update your video settings as normal again.

Didn't help me here =/

Return to download the whole game again =(

For some players the steps I provided will work like a charm. Since they didn't work for you, I have sent your ticket to be investigated further. Please bear with us. We absolutely want to get you up and running as soon as possible.

For anyone else receiving these specific issues, please don't uninstall and download the game from scratch as that is unlikely to fix the underlying issue. If it isn't inconvenient, and it gets you fixed up, however, please let us know!

Thanks for your patience.

Zydie
08-03-2014, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=GM Fasti;253197]Go to your Documents folder and find the file called ArcheAge. Make certain you first went to Documents, then found the ArcheAge folder, as making changes to any other ArcheAge folder can cause other problems. Once you've found the ArcheAge folder in your Documents folder, rename the folder to ArcheAgeOLD, then restart Glyph and ArcheAge.

Once you launch the game, it should allow you to play, and it should allow you to update your video settings as normal again.

No, after I renamed the folder, game crashed after Crytek video (esc don't work).
After I copy the system.cfg file, the game starts, but i still can't change the graphic settings :( cause they're not saved.

Fasti
08-03-2014, 02:39 AM
No, after I renamed the folder, game crashed after Crytek video (esc don't work).
After I copy the system.cfg file, the game starts, but i still can't change the graphic settings :( cause they're not saved.

If you have a support ticket open, make sure to update them with the steps you have already tried so they can work with you one on one to get this up and running.

Thanks!

GSikora
08-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Update:

The game finished downloading:
1- Since I uninstalled, the Glyph throws too many #1016 erros. Disabled the Kaspersky and nothing. Had to close and open several times
2- The down speed was fine, 1.5mb and after 10~15min droped to under 400. Close Glyph Start Glyph resume and so on. Did flushdns, Did firewall modifications...

Well, when it finished the Glyph was still throwing 1016.

Made a folder backup, deleted the Download folder that has a .manifest and solve the issue

The Game crashed 2x at movia intro, but different kind of crash, it was a real crash with dump beeing generated.

After that I manage to load and play! Finally!

Thanks for all replies and if Fasti needs more info, let me know.

EDIT:

The Glyph still throw too many times #1016 and I still have to close and open again. Sometimes need to change from NA to EU back to NA to see the button refresh to play and not to UPDATE and give the wrong error.

Godiex
08-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Always try to change graphic settings in-game. If you change it from previous menus like char selection, it won't save the settings. It's weird.

wuggubuggu
08-07-2014, 03:28 PM
I am experiencing the same problems on both NA and EU servers. I am trying to play the game from Denmark.

I just bought the game today and the game has continued crashing since I installed it. Have tried uninstalling and re-downloading. Have tried to follow the steps recommended by Archeage. I have tried releasing/renewing my IP. I have tried to create a new system.cfg document. I have tried to use a system.cfg document from a friend who had succesfully played earlier, but is now crashing as well. I have tried the ArcheAgeOLD folder.

So I think i have been through everything suggested in this post and I am still not able to play the game :(

This thread has been quiet for some days though, so have people finally found out what is needed to be done in order to play?

Kind regards
A hopeful gamer.

Aiko
08-08-2014, 04:04 AM
I also have this problem, but in a different place, I get past all other logos and movies intill the last one, Of the wolfs in the forest, and a panning of a desert, Have been unable to make a character because i cant get to that screen
Ive tried, Making the system cfg file, and it takes the file, puts the game into a window, and still crashes on the desert

Please advise

beatsmcgee
08-08-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm in the same situation as Aiko and I've tried all the solutions listed above. I need help, I spent a quite a wad of cash on a founder pack, any solutions? I also crash at the scene with wolves and crap.

Aiko
08-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Spend a wad of cash myself so i know the pain, But im sure they will work it out
Just hard to have patience when we spent 150

rbT
08-08-2014, 11:38 AM
i bought today silver founder pack (cant play alfa), and have the same issue, some information i found tells that beta is not currently running, can this be cause of problem ?

Aiko
08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Wondering that myself

Aiko
08-09-2014, 07:06 PM
No response to ticket in 3 days..no new developments on fix
150 dollars is feeling pretty ill spent atm...Trying hard to have patience, hoping that you guys are working hard..as i know you probably are

Firecolour
08-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

I get an invitation to the 3rd beta event.
No problem with the download, but when i started the game, it crashed, when the intro goes to the 4th "picture", after the cryengine screen.
There's a list that I tried after some forum search:

- No system.cfg file, created one, put login_first_movie = 1
- Hackshield delete and update
- Put off Avira and Firewall
- Deleted Archeage folder from documents
- Renamed Archeage folder to OLDArcheage
- Esc spam

Non of them worked, nor on eu and neither on na regions.
Are there anything that i can try to fix this problem until the start of the closed beta event?

Claevyan
08-12-2014, 11:08 AM
The game crashes after the Crytek logo or opening movie!

This issue is caused by the opening movie that is viewed before you get to the character creation screen. In some cases, pressing the escape key rapidly will get you around this video before crashing. If this does not work, you can change the system.cfg file to skip the opening movie. The system.cfg file is located in \Documents\ArcheAge on your main HDD. Open this up in notepad, and edit the login_first_movie line so that it says : login_first_movie = 1. Once you are finished, save the file and try to login again.
For more details: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...tail/a_id/1770

This is from the tech forum sticky for common issues. However, it does not work.

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue as me - you can get to through the splash screen and spam the ESC key a billion times if you want, but you are still forced to watch the last video - and that video crashes. every time. there is no .cfg file in the documents/archeage folder either and a *.cfg search reveals no system.cfg file anywhere on your PC.

does anyone have an answer for this?

Satsuki Shizuka
08-12-2014, 11:24 AM
From what I hear, it's because the servers are down and we can't get to the scene where the game ACTUALLY begins - y'know, as in character login and creation? That requires action with the login servers.

So we wait?

Ghislain
08-12-2014, 11:30 AM
If you don't have a system.cfg created, you have to create one, GM Fasti posted what to put in it earlier in this thread.

Claevyan
08-12-2014, 12:02 PM
This is due to our Beta servers not yet being live. Please try again on Thursday.

Just got this from scapes when I asked him about the problem. Pass it along and try again on Thursday.

Anzo
09-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Hey GM Fasti,

I too have this problem and I have not played on CBE1 or 2. This is my first time. Had a clean install but still same thing happened.

I did what you said, created a notepad with :

sys_spec_full = 4
r_driver = "DX9"
r_multithreaded = 0
option_sound = 2
r_windowx = 0
r_windowy = 39
r_width = 1680
r_height = 1050
r_fullscreen = 0
r_vsync = 0
login_first_movie = 1
ucc_ver = 2

But with the resolution changed to fit my computer, saved as system.cfg (all types of file). Launched Glyph -> ArcheAge -> ESC at the start and it got me to server select then character select.

So far seems to be working fine! Thanks!!

well this caused something new on m pc, freezed+a terrible sound out of my headsets D:
and can someone tells me what r_windowx = 0 and r_windowy = 39 means bcuz first I skipped this in my system thingy bcuz I didn't know what it is..

Waylio
09-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Bump. This issue is STILL happening after the game has launched. I've tried everything in this thread and anything else I can think of. It just always crashes about 5 seconds after the server select screen comes up.

Elisara
09-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Update:

The game finished downloading:
1- Since I uninstalled, the Glyph throws too many #1016 erros. Disabled the Kaspersky and nothing. Had to close and open several times
2- The down speed was fine, 1.5mb and after 10~15min droped to under 400. Close Glyph Start Glyph resume and so on. Did flushdns, Did firewall modifications...

Well, when it finished the Glyph was still throwing 1016.

Made a folder backup, deleted the Download folder that has a .manifest and solve the issue

The Game crashed 2x at movia intro, but different kind of crash, it was a real crash with dump beeing generated.

After that I manage to load and play! Finally!

Thanks for all replies and if Fasti needs more info, let me know.

EDIT:

The Glyph still throw too many times #1016 and I still have to close and open again. Sometimes need to change from NA to EU back to NA to see the button refresh to play and not to UPDATE and give the wrong error.

Can you be more specific on how you fixed your prob. I pretty much have the exact same prob as you one of my computers.

It works on one of my computers every time just fine though.. but does not work on another computer of mine. I have been able to log in just a few times. I have tried a zillion things and suggestions from forum.. I don't really feel like going over them all but if anyone gets this prob fixed PM me with a solution. I haven't gotten into EU yet either.. but have only tried a few times.

socket error: 00000079 Unknown
Crashes at landscape thing.
Happens when servers ARE up because I'm logged in fine on another computer.

It can't be a ban on my IP cause it works fine on another computer every time. I've uninstalled Kaspersky Firewall, Disabled Windows defender, Disabled Windows Firewall. I've done too many things to list.

I can play all other MMOs on this computer. I downloaded the game just fine on it, etc. It's just like it can't connect to whatever it needs to connect to during the start of the game during the cutscenes.