PDA

View Full Version : newbie crafting questions

iofhua
08-12-2015, 03:45 PM
So I'm reading the crafting guide here:
http://archeage.info/crafting

"Benefits from Leveling
When you level up a profession you decrease labor consumption for all actions within that profession.
Itís a great way to spend less labor power.
Sometimes new ranks will give you new possibilities / recipes. For example you may be allowed to collect higher level resources or to use higher level items for crafting."

Is that the only benefit from ranking up a profession? Can I craft all the top-level gear while only being a novice or do I have to rank up a profession to craft the better stuff?

Does ranking up mining or logging let you harvest new resource nodes, or are all resource nodes available even to novices?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. If everything in the crafting system is available to you from the start that would be cool and it would be different from most other MMO's I have played. It means the choice of profession I rank up isn't such a huge issue.

Thanks for your help.

Ryuna
08-12-2015, 07:05 PM
You need to rank up your proficiency before trying to attempt the higher level gear unless it is Obsidian gear.

When you level up mining, logging, gathering and farming it decreases the labor cost of doing actions and increases the speed at which you do the actions. You also have a higher chance of it procing to a grand item that gives you triple the yield. The higher the ranks go you unlock new bundles and woodlots you can create using the Farmer's Workstation. You can definitely mine, chop, and plant anything you want at the beginning unless they are bundles or woodlots, those take higher ranks.

It is still pretty important what proficiency you focus on leveling in the beginning, but if you have the gold you can spend 200g for a Specialization Snowflake(purchased from the General Merchant) that allows you to have multiple proficiencies at higher ranks.

Keep in mind that there are TONS of things that unlock at higher ranks. If you ever question what you can craft or how to craft it, just hit "O" in game!