PDA

View Full Version : Ask your questions to XL and Trion!

Pages : [1] 2

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Have questions about the upcoming ArcheAge server evolutions and transfers? Looking for an answer to a burning question? Ask away and a member of the Trion ArcheAge team or the development team at XLGAMES will offer up an answer!

Questions from this thread will be gathered every Monday and Wednesday, while answers will be posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The next gathering and publishing schedule is listed below.

Questions placed in the thread now will be gathered on Monday, August 17th, 2015!
Questions gathered on Monday, August 17th, 2015 will be answered on Thursday, August 20th, 2015!

If you are posting anything other than questions, it will be deleted in order to keep this thread reduced of clutter!

EDIT: Round 2 of this thread has now been posted in the forums (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?219843).

trickzz
08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
What is the future of trion and archeage, with many hates.. how will u address this issue

KismetHavok
08-14-2015, 10:52 AM
When will we be getting a cannon damage fix.
P.S. Props on making this thread so quickly.

Odoq
08-14-2015, 10:56 AM
No mention of what happens to items in chests when we elect to evolve?

Celestrata Bloodsong
When will we be getting a cannon damage fix.
P.S. Props on making this thread so quickly.

As stated before, cannons & siege weapon damage were being looked at by XL in update 2.0. We will still pass the question along to XL, however.

Celestrata Bloodsong
No mention of what happens to items in chests when we elect to evolve?

We are still testing that to be 100% sure what will happen to them.

Kurita
08-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Is there a chance that all times of the ingame Events are set for a special region? That NA got the events to their prime time, and EU also.
At this moment, we in Germany had the Abyssal Event at 11pm started. If it went bad, the event goes up to 01.00 am next day. Thats bad for people who hat go to work at 0600 am.
If we could set the event at 0700pm gmt for Europe, in Germany its 0900pm, and more ppl could participate this event.
Now we had it at 0900 pm gmt. In NA its gmt -7 PDT ( 0200 pm ). They got nearly a good time for it.

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Is there a chance that all times of the ingame Events are set for a special region? That NA got the events to their prime time, and EU also.
At this moment, we in Germany had the Abyssal Event at 11pm started. If it went bad, the event goes up to 01.00 am next day. Thats bad for people who hat go to work at 0600 am.
If we could set the event at 0700pm gmt for Europe, in Germany its 0900pm, and more ppl could participate this event.
Now we had it at 0900 pm gmt. In NA its gmt -7 PDT ( 0200 pm ). They got nearly a good time for it.

Event times are currently hard coded into the client, and the client must remain the same across both NA and EU. This is why there is only one set of event times for our regions, even though our service area spans multiple time zones. We have passed along the feedback regarding event times to XL for their consideration. We will also pass this question along to XL.

KismetHavok
08-14-2015, 11:04 AM

On a similar note, any chances of having world boss respawn timers adjusted? Ideally to something that's not an even 24/48h, or removing the respawns on server resets.

Phattaz
08-14-2015, 11:05 AM
What happens to items in chests in destroyed Diamond Shores property? If it goes to mail, will mail time be drastically increased since we now have to find new land to place 3 full chests of items?

Gramms
08-14-2015, 11:06 AM
When the mount "normalization" the costumes without stats is over ? When we get some new cool itens on mirage insted on the cash shop ? One sugestion to be fair make the itens. From the cs be on the world but make ppl work for it even if it takes 6 months to have ... We dont mind i guess

Phattaz
08-14-2015, 11:06 AM
RNG is the largest factor in exiting players, will there be any RNG adjustments coming with 2.0 or 2.5. On a profit point, you pin point why you have players quitting and you fix it. Even the community currently here are discouraged and close to exiting because of this. Should this not be adjusted for the American economy?

aushmee
08-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Did you decide new server release date ?

Gramms
08-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Another question when the events like sieges and abyssal start on europe time because us time is bad for europeans.

Rewen
08-14-2015, 11:20 AM
We will be providing full kits to all land owners as well as an additional compensation package. The exact items that will be provided in this package are still being determined by Trion and XL.What exactly is a "full kit", and what kind of compensation are we talking?

KismetHavok
08-14-2015, 11:20 AM
I asked a good question about if xl realizes western audience doesn't like pay to win / dreadful rng and celestrata deletes all posts pertaining to that topic.

GG this is a joke, nothing will get done and if you delete me once more I will load the spam bots up...

Stop censoring your userbase, we strongly dislike pay to win and dreadful rng. The only way to progress after a certain point is to dump 100s on regrade charms and apex gold....this equals many people leaving....what can't you see?

I think it had more to do with HOW you addressed the topic, not the topic itself.

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
What sort of compensation package will those who are losing land on the merging servers be offered? We're losing all of our progression.

BatPikachu
08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Are we still getting Serpentis healing gear? What are the stats and bonuses on it and will we be able to transform it into the sleeves like the other Serpentis sets? If we are not getting the Serpentis healing gear like we were promised in 2.0, will anything good for healers be coming in the next patch?

Trixstir
08-14-2015, 11:24 AM
For those of us that opt to move to other servers instead of a merged server, Do they still receive some kind of compensation for their land?

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 11:26 AM
What sort of compensation package will those who are losing land on the merging servers be offered? We're losing all of our progression.

As noted in the article, that is still being discussed. Many packages have been proposed, and they are being worked on. When we get concrete details on that, we will announce it.

trickzz
08-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Why did u guys choose to let transfer on fresh servers be on day one? Even if you limit the crafting, people can still take huge advantages. do u guys think u can hold on to transfers for morpheus for a week or so..

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Why did u guys choose to let transfer on fresh servers be on day one? Even if you limit the crafting, people can still take huge advantages. do u guys think u can hold on to transfers for morpheus for a week or so..

As noted in the article, we will not be conducting server transfers on Morpheus or Rangora for quite some time. We do want to preserve those servers as Fresh Start servers, so we do not want high level characters immediately transferring in.

BigMac
08-14-2015, 11:30 AM
I own a lot of land / properties in Diamond Shores. They include a fully built Mansion, three gazabos, one Solar farm, one improved scarecrow farm, and a Tidal Bungalow. Does the demo apply to the bungalow as well or only the properties on the land? Is there a limit to the amount of compensation one account can receive?

DjinniGenie
As noted in the article, that is still being discussed. Many packages have been proposed, and they are being worked on. When we get concrete details on that, we will announce it.

Thanks. Every last server where I have avatars is being merged: Naima, Calleil on NA and Orchidna, Melisara on EU. This package better be great.

Yoru
First, I have to ask about the chests in houses. Does it mean we'll have to empty all chest we have? If so I'm personally going to make sure Trion staff has a nasty time because they are clearly not doing anything right. People have a lot of chests and most of them are FULL of stuff. You cannot tell me I have to get rid of it all!

Second, are the new server names final? I really hate our new name Hanure. Seriously it's just way to close to manure and no one would join that server once it's created! What was the guy deciding on names thinking? It's so awful!

CaptainJake
What about other server transfers? Say Ollo to kyrios?

AngryYoda
By removing all the housing in Diamond Shores, will there be any new land opening up elsewhere ? pointless to give out "Full Kits" with no place to put them after all

Sarat00ga
08-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Important Questions:

1. Chests.... most of us have a ton of items in them several times the size of our warehouse and inventory combined. We MUST have the ability to KEEP these chests full or items for use on the new server and that they will be clearly LEFT inside the houses during the mergers.

2. Full kit. Will we be allowed to Pack out own lands into the kits BEFORE the merger to allow us to HAVE these kits inside our inventory RIGHT AWAY? Otherwise the mailboxes will be a lagfest and will likely not work right.

3. What are restrictions on placement of kits????? Are there restrictions of the number to be placed as there are with Unbuilt properties?

4. WHERE will we all spawn at? I know you have made theories on this but we need to KNOW.

5. HOW will you ensure that the login servers or whatever do not crash preventing 1/2 of us from even getting on? Also how will you stop Land hackers and Speculators from Non-merging servers from coming over just to make money off of us driving up the price of land etc?

6. The reddit rumor regarding the renewal of the Xl-Trion Lease of Archeage has been going around...can you VERIFY that you are in fact renewed?

Hiyachi
08-14-2015, 11:33 AM
There are a lot of veteran players with a big amount of labor potions with no CD.
What are you going to do when they use it in the 'new fresh start servers'?

This point can affect the economy of the new servers.

Sorry for my english.

dbmoreland
08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
When the evolution servers open for play will there be any restrictions on who can login? Will logins be limited to those characters that existed on one of the merged servers or will anyone be able to create a new character?
Will the same "land abuse" monitoring policies be enforced on the evolution servers that you mentioned will be present on the "new" servers?
Will there be any priority system in place if and when login queues occur? If so what will they be?

Entitled
08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Ref: The addition of more merges - http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/08/14/server-transfers-evolutions-everything-you-need-to-know/

How many servers do you expect to have this time next year given you've lasted less than a year before the first merges?

EDIT: Just wondering how many times you expect I'll have to start again

Noaani
08-14-2015, 11:35 AM
What is the design decision behind allowing healers to heal players that have purpled up and attacked same faction players without themselves having to purple up?

What is happening with a solution to trade route blockades? And is anything being done to provide a counter measure to harpooning ships in safe zones and pulling them to the open ocean? Further, why is harpooning considered a hostile action against PvE enimies, but not against players and player ships?

Is any consideration being given to guard AI and how easy it is to make them total ineffective?

Why are we given updates with known issues and exploits that have been fixed in KR, would it not make more sense to provide us with the fixes to issues that already have fixes at the same time those problems enter our version of the game? An example of this is update 1.7 and black pearls, it was obvious there would be a shortage of them, as seen on Koran servers, yet as of writing this we still don't have the solution to it that existed in the Korean version before we even got 1.7 in our version.

What is the design decision behind making events like Abyssal Attack and castle sieges at a set time, rather than having an element of randomness to them or allowing them to be set by Trion (or players, in regards to sieges) at different times on different days for different servers, and how does that design decision apply to our version of the game that is played in potentially 40 different time zones as opposed to the Korean version being almost exclusively played in one time zone?

What is happening with the skill queue? While I understand it isn't an issue in the Korean version of this game - with South Korea being physically small and having one of the best internet infrastructures in the world, but for other version it is essential. This is no more true than in the NA/EU version of the game that, as stated above, is potentially played in 40 different time zones with tens of thousands of kilometers between client and server. This should be a top priority.

Are we getting tier three mounts still? If so, when?

Has any thought been given to allowing us a different method to get the effects other regions have on costume items?

Players with land on servers being merged get kit sets for their properties. These kits are only available if you have land that is taken away by the game in some fashion (Freedich losing it's housing area, server mergers, Diamond Shores changes etc). Obviously if a player is able to, they would use these kits when they find appropriate land. This means that the only people with kits left unused are people that have lost out on land due to changes in the game that are out of their control. Because of this, would it not make sense to either put a very high gold value on these properties (1k+ gold for a cottage), or allow the property to be converted back to it's original components of gilda stars, logs, raw stone, iron ore and labor? I mean, compensation with taxes is good, but people that lose out on land in the merge should be compensated specifically for that loss, and this is probably the best way to do that. As a bonus, it also adds a compensation mechanism to the game for any future changes.

With how much of the world is left to be developed and released, it was a surprise to see no new areas in version 2.0. How much work is being done on developing these as yet unseen areas, and is there any kind of rough timeline on when we may see new areas?

Has any more thought been given to adding worthwhile items to the Vocation Badge merchants? While I understand and appreciate that Trion have said in the past they are always evaluating these things, this has resulted in very little actual change. It seems very odd to me that you would add in two of the three new farm types (lunar, solar) for gilda and credits (both understandable), but failed to add the third farm type (stellar) at all. It seems a no-brainer to me to add this farm - something used to produce raw materials - to the game for vocation badges - a reward from producing raw materials.

Will likely update this post over the weekend.

Teel
08-14-2015, 11:37 AM
There are a lot of veteran players with a big amount of labor potions with no CD.
What are you going to do when they use it in the 'new fresh start servers'?

This point can affect the economy of the new servers.

Sorry for my english.

This is one of the major issues I'm worried about.

Crazy Mike
08-14-2015, 11:38 AM
is there going to be no way to choose another evolution server if you have friends on a server that won't be merged together?

Necrodeemus
08-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Can you clarify if this any question or if this about merges transfers only ? If the latter please rename

Demmy
08-14-2015, 11:41 AM
When will some attention be paid to the balance of archers? They're currently not worth playing because of how much better mages and warriors are compared to them. There are many threads on the forums pleading to make archers better / to 'un nerf' them. They're the only class in game that is almost extinct. Simply looking at the auction house and seeing a lack of crafted archer gear further proves how few use them. Something needs to be done to bring them back and made viable because many people enjoy playing them, myself included. I'm not asking to make them 1 hit kill machines or even as good as the flavor of the month enigmatist, but I would at least like to stand a chance at being able to win vs -some- classes. This is a game where it's 'supposed' to be rock paper scissors pvp , and at the moment archers cant really kill anyone cept other archers.

Aquilina
08-14-2015, 11:41 AM
How is Naima suddenly on this list with like no warning? I know I for one read before we weren't on the consideration list and so I have been keeping out of the merge information because I figured you had enough people panicking on you. Now I feel very behind and shocked mostly, and a lot betrayed because this was sprung on us so late in the game. Other servers have had months to get used to this idea... you know?

Why didn't you give people a chance to move to higher populations before your decision, which is what it sounded like was going to happen last I read/listened? This was dropped on us so suddenly faction chat is going crazy, and sooo much land is suddenly for sale and people quitting.

So what exact date/exact time exactly is the merge going to happen, and we need to know ASAP because apparently we have to take off work again for this. I really can't say exact time enough times, we all need to know the details of what is going to happen and not have it put off for any hours/days etc, so we can plan ahead. We need notice for this. I for one need 30 days notice to get a day off, because if you suddenly decide to do this on a Wednesday morning the following week, I will be SoL and I am certain I am not alone in that.

Your option #2 is severely lacking in details. Are we logging in at at our start zones? (ie Nuian start zone) or are we logging in where we logged out? Will our teleport book stay intact? What happens to the saved teleports? How hard will it to find the houses in the mails (how will they be labeled?)
Compensation for land owners means what, you should provide details on this asap, tell us why we should stay.

Considering the post says "everything you need to know" none of the things I need to know are on there. But had I known Naima was on this list until today I would have been asking more questions!

Please tell us when exactly, what date and time is this going to happen? (Yep I asked this already, and it is the biggest most important detail you left out, IMO should have been the first thing listed.)

notebene
08-14-2015, 11:44 AM
How long will those house/farm pre-built bundles last? Forever? If I can't find a place to put them, or just choose not to immediately, can I just leave them in my bank/bag until everyone leaves again and some land frees up to put them down? Or is there a time limit on them?

If I have to buy Expansion Certs to be able to make room for all the stuff in my two houses on my alts (which I will undoubtedly need to, as my main is all expanded out at the moment and nearly full as it is), will I be reimbursed for the cost of that?

JewlzMea
08-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Are the Houses going to be upgrades, or do we have to destroy the Housing we currently have and replace with new ones?
How many Fish do the new fishing boats hold, or will those not be implemented quite yet?

Sekkerhund
08-14-2015, 11:49 AM
How is Naima suddenly on this list with like no warning? I know I for one read before we weren't on the consideration list and so I have been keeping out of the merge information because I figured you had enough people panicking on you. Now I feel very behind and shocked mostly, and a lot betrayed because this was sprung on us so late in the game. Other servers have had months to get used to this idea... you know?

Aquilina has a valid point: per http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?196325-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-%28in-progress%29

Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
NA: Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
EU: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna, Aier [added 06/03/15]

Tousseau
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
First... Thank you for the new blog about the upcoming Evolution... Most appreciated.

Re Land Rush:
Will we be able to place all of our kits? Or will there be a limit?
So, if I have 6 properties/plots kitted, will I be able to place them ALL? Or, as it seems to be implied elsewhere, if I place 2... the rest will be destroyed?

Re Chests:
What becomes of the goods I have stored there, when evolution time hits?

Ubain
08-14-2015, 11:51 AM
when will update 2.0 will comes after all these servers merges ? do the unique alone server one AH will open at 2.0 too ?

Frammallamadingdong
08-14-2015, 11:52 AM
The patch MUST be made available to download at LEAST 48 hours prior to the servers going live. A fresh server is a joke if you open it and make the patch available at the same time. Let everyone patch up, ensure you guys didnt ♥♥♥♥ up the patcher and give everyone a fair shake at Morpheus and Rangar. I dont even know why something liek this needs to be mentioned, but with you people, apparently it needs to get pounded and hammered home as if you were 2 yr old kids having fun with screwdrivers and light sockets.

Teroh
08-14-2015, 11:53 AM
Sure glad I rolled tahyang... mm enjoying these tears of unfathomable sadness though.

Dragonlordhavoc
08-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this has been asked yet but here goes you said in the server evolution that the servers would be taken down for 2 days is that all servers or just the ones that are going threw the evolution?

Flames
08-14-2015, 11:58 AM
will the after-Merge-Evolution opening with the updated 2.0 game?

Sekkerhund
08-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Aquilina has a valid point: per http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?196325-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-%28in-progress%29
Actually, that's an older thread that I linked, but the current one (just updated and linked by Celestrata today) has the same information:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?209367-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-%28Mark-III%29

Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
NA: Aranzeb, Ollo, Salphira, Kyrios, Tahyang (RP), Naima
EU: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna (RP), Dahuta (RP), Aier [updated 07/10/15]

Boci
08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Not sure if this has been asked yet but here goes you said in the server evolution that the servers would be taken down for 2 days is that all servers or just the ones that are going threw the evolution?

As I read it all servers will be taken down because they need to add the new merged servers into the Auction cluster.

"ArcheAge North America & Europe will be taken offline to begin the server Evolution and Auction House cluster changes."

Arriola
08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
When the merger end we are going to be able to transfer for another server?

Sekkerhund
08-14-2015, 12:00 PM
What happens to items in chests in destroyed Diamond Shores property? If it goes to mail, will mail time be drastically increased since we now have to find new land to place 3 full chests of items?

Chests and all items within it are destroyed, if property is demo'd without removing the chest, first. You will not get those items mailed to you. I've had friends who discovered that the hard way.

Boci
08-14-2015, 12:00 PM
will the after-Merge-Evolution opening with the updated 2.0 game?

Good question, I would like to know this as well.

Khegobier
08-14-2015, 12:01 PM
TRINO: Are you planning on automatically giving EVERY EXISTING AND NEWLY CREATED CHARACTER from hereon out max inventory and max warehouse slots (or an appropriate number of expansion scrolls) well before server merges happen?

How the hell do you possibly expect us to tote multiple teardrop chests and housing decorations worth of inventories across server merges? Do you honestly expect us to spend real money out of our own pockets for your planning screw ups?

----

Also, why the hell aren't you merging ALL of the servers, at least in some capacity? Rewarding a couple of servers to let them keep what those players fought hard to accomplish over the last year just because they're lucky to be on those servers while screwing over the rest of the players for "picking the wrong servers" isn't right at this point. Merge em all or just shut the game down.

Tousseau
08-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Actually, that's an older thread that I linked, but the current one (just updated and linked by Celestrata today) has the same information:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?209367-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-%28Mark-III%29
You forgot the part stating that:

As of July 10, our tentative plan is as follows...
Meaning that there was till room for change in their plans at that time...

karms
08-14-2015, 12:05 PM
TRINO: Are you planning on automatically giving EVERY EXISTING AND NEWLY CREATED CHARACTER from hereon out max inventory and max warehouse slots (or an appropriate number of expansion scrolls) well before server merges happen?

How the hell do you possibly expect us to tote multiple teardrop chests and housing decorations worth of inventories across server merges? Do you honestly expect us to spend real money out of our own pockets for your planning screw ups?

this exactly. I care about very little else beyond this right here.

Sarat00ga
08-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Chests and all items within it are destroyed, if property is demo'd without removing the chest, first. You will not get those items mailed to you. I've had friends who discovered that the hard way.

If THAT is the answer to the merged server chests in general then there are a lot of us who are screwed! I will lose tens of 1000s of gold in materials etc...... housing items....etc.... there is NOT anywhere near enough room..... anywhere...to store the items from the chests. My warehouse and inventory are at MAX expansion too.

If these chests are NOT stored WITH all items intact I can for see MANY people considering this the straw that broke the camel's back so to say....

dbmoreland
08-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Given what you said about the "architecture of the game" not allowing items in chests to be transferred, does that mean that mergers will have the same restrictions, i.e. all chests will have to be empty or the contents will be lost, just like they are when a property is demoed? Especially since you state that: "Items that are normally destroyed during a land demolish must be packed up into your character’s inventory or warehouse in order to prevent their destruction.", and items in chests are destroyed during a land demolish.

Aneu
08-14-2015, 12:07 PM
If your intent is to make the start on the fresh servers as equal as possible without letting APEX interact as much with them then where is the confirmation that RNG Boxes are being removed from the cash-shop? Surely giving people the ability to buy Archeum on the fresh-start server is a lot more powerful since there are no other servers linked to it by AH...

Grimsley
08-14-2015, 12:08 PM
If I want to transfer to a server that doesnt have any open character slots, do I need to purchase a character slot? Or will it still be transfered?

Tousseau
08-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Regarding Kitted houses and farm plots:
1) When placing them down, will we be able to rotate them?
2) Will the kitted house/farm be restricted to which area it can be placed?
(For example, will my 16x16 in gweo be limited to being placed in Gweo, or can I put it elsewhere?)

meowmeowwww
08-14-2015, 12:11 PM
AREEEE YOUUU KIDDING ME..lol

I just made my chateau... and you say we are merging now thank you.
the fact that there is a limit on building it.. no inventory space to even hold everything i own....

EnderX
08-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Important Questions:

1. Chests.... most of us have a ton of items in them several times the size of our warehouse and inventory combined. We MUST have the ability to KEEP these chests full or items for use on the new server and that they will be clearly LEFT inside the houses during the mergers.

2. Full kit. Will we be allowed to Pack out own lands into the kits BEFORE the merger to allow us to HAVE these kits inside our inventory RIGHT AWAY? Otherwise the mailboxes will be a lagfest and will likely not work right.

3. What are restrictions on placement of kits????? Are there restrictions of the number to be placed as there are with Unbuilt properties?

4. WHERE will we all spawn at? I know you have made theories on this but we need to KNOW.

5. HOW will you ensure that the login servers or whatever do not crash preventing 1/2 of us from even getting on? Also how will you stop Land hackers and Speculators from Non-merging servers from coming over just to make money off of us driving up the price of land etc?

6. The reddit rumor regarding the renewal of the Xl-Trion Lease of Archeage has been going around...can you VERIFY that you are in fact renewed?

1. Chests - you have give us a package for them... There is no way to empty out in my case 14 chests... Or you will have to make our Inventory / Warehouse like 1000 slots before merge...

Baddiez
08-14-2015, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9SQSB2D.png
http://i.imgur.com/COjIDp8.png

Umm what happened to items in our chests being packed up for us or even trying to find a solution? Please elaborate so I know if I have to sell all my ♥♥♥♥ now or not...

Neamh
08-14-2015, 12:25 PM
With regard to the merger, I have a few questions:

1) The announcement mentioned that server specific items cannot be moved, can we get a list of what exactly that means so we can not pack those items?

2) Will Gilda, in my pack or warehouse, merge over without issue?

3) For all the property designs, workstations, houses, farms, 8x, 16x, 24x, 44x whether in pack/warehouse/or placed, merge over?

4) Will all mounts/boats/ships/wagons/carts etc. merge over without incident?

5) Will TAX CERTS merge over?

Thanks,

Shii
08-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Will trion re-consider letting players on RP classified servers to be able to transfer as well before the evolution?

Revoca
08-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Can u please explain why ur punishing guild who want to have progression by putting a cap on t3 guild. if u want to put a cap on guild why not on all tiers of guilds this makes no sense " oh the ppl who want to have progression were gonna punish u for it. ok bye" its literally what ur doing allowing ppl to completely avoid the gvg mech is going to be exploited so hard no one will go to t3 cuz why would u when t2 u can have as many people u want, and never worry about gvg.

Lastanstel
08-14-2015, 12:33 PM
How do you recommend that I get my all the items out of my multiple chests that I have on my server, when you all do merge? If I leave items in chest, do they come back to me in mail, or can I mail them to myself? Does mail get affected in merge(not option 1, but option 2 of your magical new system)

molagbal
08-14-2015, 12:40 PM
After the merge, will we all restart at the various starting zones? Or at our last location?

jly91
08-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I couldn't find anything about character's name so I will ask it. If you transfer servers what will happen if two people transfers in the same server with the same name? Same question with merging servers o:

DreadInc
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Are servers that are being merged unable to receive compensation for having land in DS like the rest of the unmerged servers?

Buhg
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
"You can only transfer everything in your inventory, warehouse, and equipped to your character. If you have more items that cannot fit in this amount of space, we recommend sending those items to your alternate characters and then transferring them to the same server"

How can you mail to a different server?

Is mail being carried over??

What am I missing here?

Rivkah
08-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Still far too many unanswered questions. Whatever...I'm out. I've had a sinking feeling about the game ever since merges were announced, and after this latest round of non-information, I quit.

KalemD18
08-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm on Aeir and will be merging with Orchidna to make Anthalon. If we're going along with the merger and not choosing the other two options what is to happen with people who have duplicate names? I've played since release and can guarantee there's someone else with my user on Orchidna so what do I have to do to reserve my user and make sure I keep it?

Merax
08-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Ok Celestrata: everyone agrees the submarines are pretty bad. There's 22 pages of feedback (pretty much all of it negative) and after promising to check in on the thread and report this to XL games when feedback reaches an unknown threshold, you've disappeared.

Can you, or anyone else on the Trion or XL teams explain why the submarines were released as they currently are? In exactly which capacity would they be used as the "best" way to do something when a donkey, dolphin or person with some decent swimming buffs is better in every single category?

And more importantly, what are you going to do about it?

Shadfly
08-14-2015, 12:51 PM
For merging servers:
1) Are bind/recall points reset?
2) Are teleport books wiped (custom vs default)?
3) Where will our characters login at; last location? racial start? some other spot?
4) Is there a maximum number of land kits to be provided? Is there is limitation on number of land kits that can be placed? Are kits location/zone bound?
5) Do we need to meet the same criteria of transfer characters to successfully move to the merge server? (Will being in a family or having server bound items jack-up the move process?)
6) Do you plan to restrict in any way, access to the destination server (i.e. only those accounts or characters that were patrons/had land/were active prior to announcement, etc...)?

Condemned Chrispy
08-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Simple request. Explain Auroria Launch on the evolved servers.

Igneelion
08-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Hello.. here is my question:

I have 3 lands my house my farm and my improved farm with paid Tax.
So the merge happens but the contracted house will be lost? the materials? the design and so on?
I have also a storage chest the items in those chest will be lost?

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Here is a question for Trion and XL:

Do you understand that you are upsetting your land-owning player base by not only taking away their homes, but also making them sell extra items they can't carry? Does the company realize that this is like pouring gasoline on the fire? Does the company realize that it is completely unfair for the landowners to be treated this way while the PVPers get to keep all of their progress in the game so far?

Do you understand that I used to spend a lot of money on this game and now SWTOR is getting those funds?

Do you understand that the graphical beauty of ArcheAge is not enough to make up for the loss and mess of the rest of it?

Tousseau
08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
After the merge, will we all restart at the various starting zones? Or at our last location?
Aye... this would be a good one to have an answer for

Thorandril
08-14-2015, 12:56 PM
My question is a reiteration of the one I asked in the livestream thread.

Is the Kraken spear pull ability removing captains from ship wheels intended gameplay? the introduction of the captains intuition CC ignore effect should effect this too, no?

KiereaFulcrum
08-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Staying on server until merge:
1/ Houses. Do we simply look in the mail and retrieve our house to place it or will we have to re-build it? If I have to re-build my mansion am I getting all of the materials (wood,brick,etc.) to do this?
2/ Can our land/materials be put in our character inventories, otherwise mail is going to be overwhelmed and lagged/useless.
3/ Chests: Please move our chests with our property. Everything cannot possibly fit onto a character/warehouse. Canít our chests be left on our land? The chest will then be in our mail?
4/ Tax certifications. Are we given tax certs to place/pay for our land? Will these certs be relative to the land that is transferred per character, so that we can place it down again? Ie. I have multiple plots, which is going to increase the tax cost, so is this taken into consideration or is just a base amount of tax being assigned per size of land per character?

Kierea

KangSkhan
08-14-2015, 12:57 PM
i have one Mansion ( 44x44 ) i'll have to demolish my mansion ?? the items that I spent to build... They will come back to me or I will have to rebuild?

K A N G S K H A N

♦ Cascade Guild Leader ♦
| C A L L E I L |

Luffeh
08-14-2015, 12:59 PM
What Will you do to make sure that the competition on the fresh servers is fair?

ArrowHead1236
08-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Just wondering, when Transfer happens, will I be able to see my friends on the new Server "Kraken" sense (one of my characters) Assasinsblade belongs to Enla? Like what I mean is, is everyone on Enla going to be transferred to Kraken? Or is everyone going to be scattered?

Buhg
08-14-2015, 01:04 PM
And just where are we supposed to store the actual "full kits" (whatever they are?) and compensation items (when we get them?)

Way way way way way way way WAY too many unanswered questions.

I am in dead disbelief over this CLUSTERF**K of vagueness!!

My brain can't wrap around the fact that they expect us to dump everything other than what you can fit in Inv and WH. And I only have a couple of small chests and a few decor items. But for sure my inventory and WH are already full.

This is a HUGE f**k up on their part

Unfreaking beleiveable

Getti
08-14-2015, 01:11 PM
If we own land in Diamond Shores but plan to transfer to another server, do we still get compensation? Guess my main question is, will we see patch 2.0 before or after server merges and transfers?

Entitled
08-14-2015, 01:13 PM
And just where are we supposed to store the actual "full kits" (whatever they are?) and compensation items (when we get them?)

Way way way way way way way WAY too many unanswered questions.

I am in dead disbelief over this CLUSTERF**K of vagueness!!

They barely know how the game works so what else can you expect?

smatr
08-14-2015, 01:15 PM
I have a house at daimond shores ( server -shatigon) and i think its gonna get demolished due to 2.0 update so when will the update come?? and what will happen to my items and furnitures in the house and if i get mail or try to save furnitures n items by mailing them to myself will they be erased too ?? please answer quickly :)
p.s this demolition is no way supported by us though :mad:

moomeishiba
08-14-2015, 01:16 PM
1. Can land in auroria be gotten before Castles are claimed? yes? no? :D

2. if castle claiming is delayed, as said they might be, can land in auroria still be claimed? xD

(this is erm not asking about diamond shore and golden ruins, jsut the right portion of auroria with castles xD)

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
and just where are we supposed to store the actual "full kits" (whatever they are?) and compensation items (when we get them?)

way way way way way way way way too many unanswered questions.

I am in dead disbelief over this clusterf**k of vagueness!!

My brain can't wrap around the fact that they expect us to dump everything other than what you can fit in inv and wh. And i only have a couple of small chests and a few decor items. But for sure my inventory and wh are already full.

This is a huge f**k up on their part

amen!

Sakeru
08-14-2015, 01:18 PM
As far as I now understand the newest info on the merge (and thanks for finally calling the merge a merge), the houses and stuff aren't "packed up".

It seems the stuff is simply demolished... So do we need again all materials to build our houses again?

When something is demolished then you only get the plan and the tax deposit (and even here not the entire deposite) via mail but NOT the mats.

So will I need again the 10 Stone Brick packs, 5 Lumber packs and 5 Iron packs to build my Thatched Farmhouse?
What is with the labor I already invested into those mats the first time??? (and for building the house)

Since we aparently need to have everything important either at inventory or warehouse I won't have any space for those tons of mats...

This brings me to my second question:

What exactly happens to storage chests at houses and their contents?

Will the chests be received in the demolition mail, with all their content? Or is the content lost?

What happens when (no IF here) I won't get a 24x24 at the land-rush and I can't place my farmhouse or gazaboo to place the storage chests? I guess I won't be able to access the chests' contents until I'm able to place them...

This would give me a lot of trouble, since I have mostly bound stuff at my invetory and warehouse and no space to carry the at the land-rush needed stuff like mats (lumber, brick...)

Not to mention the needed space for the decoration-items that would be destroeyed at the demolition...

The way it was written by you before about "pack rats" made me hope that you would relly find a way to solve the storage problem at the merge, but at it seems now we need to delete stuff from our inventories to get space for either deco-items that wouldn't survive the merge or mats...

How about changing (for the merge time only) that items that would be destroyed at demolish would simply be send by mail like any other demolished stuff???

BTW: What exactly are those "full kits"?

Rickthorian
08-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Why merge Enla, a high pop west server, with Naima which is also a high pop west server....?

Buhg
08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Time for me to find a new hobby, screw 'em

Kalli Matthews
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
id like to have some clarification on the compensation for land owners and that kit stuff. can we demolish our properties in advance to have the designs ready or do we have to have all buildings up till the bitter end to get the compensation? as for the kits, will we get those in addition to our existing designs or will the kits replace our designs? and another question, just to get sure: lunar/solar farm designs will only be removed from the shop for a certain time, not the ones already purchased?

Kokoberry
08-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Is NA and EU going to come up at the same time?

Some of us play on both NA and EU and the land grab would be kinda hard if they come up at the same time

Shilvey
08-14-2015, 01:31 PM
I got a bit confused about the timing of locking the characters and then merging.

When do we need to have our characters ready and applicable for the server move? (i.e. max 200k gold, no land, no dry docks...etc)

And then are we stopped from playing them from then to mid-September when the merge actually happens?

Thanks.

Sessia
08-14-2015, 01:33 PM
1. I have a character on an Janudar that has a house with a lot of decorations. These cannot fit into my warehouse and my inventory. If I mailed them to myself would the mail be involved in the tranfer? If not is there a way XL can unlimit our inventories so we can pack up all our items for the transfer or provide some other way characters can carry all their stuff with them (Some people have so many bound items that cannot fit in warehouse + inventory)?

2. Are diamond shores Aqua farms and bungalows part of the demolish for 2.0?

Necrodeemus
08-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Curious question, can level 1-2 guilds own castles, it seems unfair that if you are level 3 you will be penalized in a way when it comes to siege/defense. Those first two level guilds will have a larger pool to work with.

Is castle obtaining mechanics on merged/evolution servers going to live at launch, aka, who can rush their first, or are you going to do the common sense thing and allow the dust to settle for a week and let the battle ensue ?

Lobofeo
08-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Hello, to get the land-owner Compensation, i need leave the Farms in the actual place? or if i leave the farms i lost the farms in the server fusion?

Thanks.

Tatia
08-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Can we transfer to a evolution server?

Vooodoot
08-14-2015, 01:49 PM
is there an option to transfer a charakter from NA to EU?

Wild Wolf
08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Very bad ... Trion, very bad ...
So Question 1: Will the chests be received in the mail, with all their content, or is the content lost? When lost, what do you think, how many gamer say: "Yes we collect all our Stuff again. That makes so much Fun, we make it again ... yaaaay." really? I think 80-90% says ... ♥♥♥♥ off. I cancel my Abo.

Question 2: What is with the buildings? Must we collect all materials again? Stone Packages, Metall Packages, etc.? Or is the Set a complete House, farm, etc.?

Crazy Mike
08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
On the topic of castle compensation, I believe that the compensation should be something that can benefit that guild in a large way similar to how the castle benefits them with tax gold. If the gm of a castle guild was given the design for an enoan galleon that would be a far better compensation then just giving the gm a unique title similar to the freed inch compensation. It would defiantly help kick start leviathan hunts that are currently very difficult otherwise aswell as instead of adding more unobtainable exclusive items to certain players give them something which other players can still obtain. giving them the double decker galleon design woul be a much better trade off then taking a castle an entire guild had to fight for instead of just giving them something only 1 person can benefit from while a guild as a whole can benefit from the galleon just as they do from a castle.

Lobofeo
08-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Tatia, go to ollo!

Aegis Titan
08-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Will it be possible to transfer for players to other servers that are not included in merge? example Kyprosa -> Any other server?

angaels
08-14-2015, 01:53 PM
In other words bend over and take it.. You wont be getting jack..

Crowns
08-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Will update 2.0 be out before the evolution?

Deedles
08-14-2015, 01:54 PM
48 hours down time for merging servers only?
Closing new char creation on the merging servers soon, so new people move to servers not being affected?
Will there be a loyalty Griffon?

csimi
08-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Is Trion or XL aware of the cannon damage bug of most cannons (high-angle is ok, naval is not for example) having less actual damage than the item tooltip?
http://i.imgur.com/p0U3W5e.png

Jeinaz
08-14-2015, 01:55 PM
If you got a portable phonograph on your property, what happends to it ? and how do we take it with us either to evolution or transfer?
It's a trade pack and cannot be stored in the inventory.

synthe
08-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Capping server evolution servers at level 50, and slowly releasing content. It would create a healthier community, how do you guys feel about this?

Cailin
08-14-2015, 02:02 PM
For the merger time:

If you transfer server you will not get the evolution compensation package, but what about the DC/castle compensation package?

Sakeru
08-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Why merge Enla, a high pop west server, with Naima which is also a high pop west server....?

because Enla's so called high pop west is no opponent to East's guild Fatality.
I so hope, that Naima's west has some strong guild(s) to fight against Fatality, otherwise I think I'll quit

angaels
08-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Since Trion clearly doesnt play their game AT ALL!! Im going to make this simple, if we are going to get screwed about any items we have in chests in our houses YOU NEED TO GIVE US FREE EXPANSION SCROLLS FOR OUR INVENTORY AND WAREHOUSE! PERIOD!! IF YOU CANNOT GUARANTEE OUR ITEMS WILL MAKE IT IN THE 'MERGER' THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Taisynn
08-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Tahyang-Roleplay Concerns:
I have questions about the changes to the roleplay server. Since Tahyang will be officially labeled a roleplay server, can we see some crackdowns on the behaviors which distract from roleplay? I'm not worried about perhaps pranks or even people who don't want to roleplay, but I'd like to see a crackdown on immersion breaking behavior such as racism, sexism, bullying, and harassment. Any negative -ism is openly discussed and participated in on the servers. I've seen a lot of minorities openly put down and bashed with every 'er term they can manage, and the behavior is already widespread. I can't roleplay in these conditions. I'm a skilled roleplayer and writer, but under these conditions creativity is completely killed.

https://i.gyazo.com/90b7eb92a777f1d261e0c2876129347b.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/aa6118c9ea0b8b967a3c87dd19a4c407.pnghttps://i.gyazo.com/44c708837ff4dcfba6e7d6fa01f74bb5.png

While I don't want to force everyone to roleplay, I'd like to see actions against those who openly troll roleplayers. They'll go in and do everything they can, like jumping around to distract and annoy. They're trying everything they can to minimize enjoyable roleplay, and openly call any roleplayer a "dead account." More of a "you can share the area, but keep your distance" situation. If roleplayers are on one side, go take the other side of the area.

Between the profanity, the trolling, and the outright hostility you see between the "popular" users, the equivalent of a high school clique telling people "you can't sit with us" and bashing the nerdy kids into the lockers, I don't see roleplay becoming widespread unless there are ground rules placed down by the Archeage GM's.

An Even Playing Field
I came in during the double experience weekend, and I've been trying to get all the quests done to learn the world and the storyline. It's very frustrating, when you do not have the gear, to actually PVP, defend yourself and, or escape. I get killed within a handful of hits because someone decided to kill me while I was fighting a creature. I don't even have a chance to cam around. They have a 5,000 equipment score and I'm down at a 2,000 equipment score. And where I'm at, Sanddeep, I get teleported to a Nui statue super far away from where I was questing. Even worse, with the stupid double honor weekend, a lot of people were killing under leveled/geared people just for ♥♥♥♥s and giggles. If I could finish gearing up, I wouldn't mind, but it's not even an even playing field for those just now coming into the game and wanting to level up/quest.

General Questions
1. Will there be ground rules set up on the server with a crackdown on discriminatory, and, or distracting behavior?

2. Will there be a even playing field for new players in the 2.0 versions of the servers?

3. Can players who are NOT interested in roleplay get a free transfer to another server so they can stop sucking the life out of roleplay? This can really help get those troublesome players out.

4. Since all servers will be down for 2 days, will Patron users get those days reimbursed or have some compensation for those missed days? We've paid for our game time.

Thanks
- Zyrani / Tahyang

FluffyBunny50
08-14-2015, 02:08 PM
If castle claiming is delayed and since you cannot place land in auroria unless a loadstone is claimed, what will happen with archeum trees and regrade braziers. Are we expected to boat these resources to the main lands?

Strago
08-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Items "Bind to equip" may rebind again?

Jackalope
08-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Why doesn't the west get a certain amount of peace period like the east did for the rookborne event? The west went too and participated and you know the east will be coming to this event? Why can't we get a peace period like they did? It seems unfair.

This is concerning the upcoming event in Sandeep.

angaels
08-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Q. After the merger, how long will my items last?

There is no limit for anything you are wearing, anything in your inventory, or anything in your warehouse. We are still investigating how long items that are returned to you will last

I dont understand what this is talking about.. Please explain, it sounds like we are losing high end gear on our characters..

XSmoky
08-14-2015, 02:27 PM
I need a very clear understanding on this:

My inventory and warehouse are full, so are 3 large chests. Do i have to buy expansions for inventory and warehouse and sell everything that doesn't fit to avoid losing anything?

Camino
08-14-2015, 02:29 PM
are we getting with 2.0 more music instruments ? when yes are there for crafting or loyality store and which instruments will coming ? i hope they are for loyality then :)
is there a way to max the musik notes we got only 1000 notes at the moment ?
can we get a songbook where we can get the sheets in it to store more space in the inventory ? iam max full with it most of the time:(
is there a way to make a non pvp zone in the oper house in ynestere so that every faction got a change to play it in there without killing
i saw some vids that music is very important on the korea servers at the last patches i hope we will get it too
are there coming more dance moves than only the 3-4 dances what we got?

Expendable
08-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Question: Will the cooldown on rejoining a guild be making it's way to our version of the game? Currently we depend on our allied guilds to fill positions at castle sieges and defenses. With the 100 member limit and cooldown for joining a guild coming there is no way we will be able to field 70 members for a siege. Even on our best days when we had over 200 members we could only get 50 - 60 online at the same time due to timezone differences and other commitments. There is no way for us to register our allies as mercenaries or bring them into the siege without adding them to our guild for the siege.

Question: Will there ever be a passive regen or some other way to repair castle walls? Currently we have to destroy every damaged wall and rebuild it. Some guilds siege with only the intention of trolling the castle owning guild by damaging as many walls as possible because it costs a lot of time and gold to rebuild them.

Question: Will ship cannon damage be adjusted to match their tooltips? Currently high-angle cannons have superior reach and dps when compared to all other cannons. They should be the lowest dps and the highest reach (for siege damage) if you go by the tool tip.

Question: Will kraken spears have their ability to instantly pull ship captains off of their wheel 100% of the time changed?

Question: Will anything be done to encourage more players moving from evolution servers to move to medium population servers such as Tahyang? Perhaps some form of compensation could be offered to those players. As it stands now most will probably choose Aranzeb, Ollo, or Kyrios. Medium population servers need more love.

Question: Will anything ever be done about pay-2-win. Power should be earned in a game, not bought from the publisher. Gear disparity is something that makes people quit the game every day. You can not beat someone that credit carded their way to legendary weapons and epic armor with average gear.

dukette
08-14-2015, 02:37 PM
since trion clearly doesnt play their game at all!! Im going to make this simple, if we are going to get screwed about any items we have in chests in our houses you need to give us free expansion scrolls for our inventory and warehouse! Period!! If you cannot guarantee our items will make it in the 'merger' this needs to happen! ca not agree with you more....

Hagantor
08-14-2015, 02:39 PM
Boundary stones on a property.
They light up for the Owner but not for Family.
Under certain circumstances the boundary stones are very hard to see, underwater it is as if they are camouflaged.
Would it be possible to make the boundary stones to glow for Family as they do for the Owner.

Eldur
08-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Question and suggestion at the same time regarding the server merge:

Question: Will we be able to use spaces and uppercase letters after a space so we can name our characters with first and last name or even multiple names? I very much bet that would solve most naming problems by just adding a last name / noble name or whatever we'd like to do. Technically this shouldn't be much more than chaning the database rules... least work, most effect and happy players who can keep their characters' names.

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 02:44 PM
What of us who have already maxed out our inventory and warehouse storage spaces and they are all full? And we have five chests of crap that we'd like to keep such as costumes and mounts and things?

Galadriane
08-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Would it be possible to have an account wide warehouse? (large size! i.e equivalent to 4 maxed size character warehouse), accessible by all the alts where non-character bound items, including housing decorations, crafting workstation, beds etc and of course mats can get stored and therefore transferred?

This account wide warehouse could be made available for non-evolution accounts, but in smaller size with ability to buy expansion certs on marketplace :-)

if that's not an option, then you need to give us free expansion scrolls to max out our inventories and warehouses on all characters in order to transfer items safely. Maybe XL could look into increasing the stack size of stones bricks, lumber and ingots to 1000 too.

There are already so many bound items, house deco, empty chests that don't stack and will take lots of precious space in warehouses and inventory, even by being selective over what items to "leave behind and lose" this is a hell of a big ask. I have been like many other people, stock piling crafting items, especially mats for house expansion. Selling them between now and mid Sept will just be flooding the AH and losing a lot of money in the process.

please come up with something better than what I heard in the livestream

meowmeowwww
08-14-2015, 02:50 PM
The whole rule of having land fully built then getting a "full kit" in the mail applies to my built Chateau right??!?!!? Will my chateau will be ready and finished for placing ?!

theXeon
08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
I already asked this in the last thread (livestream one) but I guess it will be ignored again..

will the new servers (not merge) share the labor, loyalty and credits? If so, you cannot call this a "NEW" server.

Tousseau
08-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Q. After the merger, how long will my items last?

There is no limit for anything you are wearing, anything in your inventory, or anything in your warehouse. We are still investigating how long items that are returned to you will last

I dont understand what this is talking about.. Please explain, it sounds like we are losing high end gear on our characters..

This makes me wonder if they are looking some form of "Overflow" mechanism for the stuff that doesn't fit in our warehouses//inventory...

On a related note for storage...
Is it possible that items that are currently unstackable, to be allowed to stack, such as street lamp, furniture, etc?
That would also go a ways towards alleviating a shortage in storage.

camokitten
08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
After server evolution is there a chance we will get some of the novelty items we have seen in the Korean game? (example: Hello Kitty)

We have heard about dwarves, war-barn, fairies, and returned; new races. Do we have an idea of when we will see these races in the US game?

romonster
08-14-2015, 03:01 PM
I already asked this in the last thread (livestream one) but I guess it will be ignored again..

will the new servers (not merge) share the labor, loyalty and credits? If so, you cannot call this a "NEW" server.
Did you read today's article on the website (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/08/14/server-transfers-evolutions-everything-you-need-to-know/)? That question was answered in it.

Trixstir
08-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Need the transfer questions answered way better. It says in order to qualify Your character cannot be online. Then down at the end of it it reads

Once you fulfill all of the above requirements and submit your transfer request, your character will be locked. Once locked, you will be unable to perform any action that would break one of the requirements above.
Will this mean that we will not be able to play for a full two weeks thus missing event stuff?

angaels
08-14-2015, 03:09 PM
I am going to just keep posting this until someone in Trion reponds.. FREE EXPANSION SCROLLS!! Because the price of them will shoot through the roof if they havent already on the AH.. And since this info was given on short notice Ill be damned if Im going to give Trion my money to buy a scroll on the Marketplace

MrZombie
08-14-2015, 03:11 PM
If you are posting anything other than questions, it will be deleted in order to keep this thread reduced of clutter!

So lets say I have an account with an Ollo character (main) and an enla character (lvl 50, I play it every now and then). Both have houses on diamond shores. Will the enla character automatically be evolved to Kraken (same ah cluster) and stay on the same account? Also, where will the compensation packages for the land destroyed go?

MrZombie
08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
What of us who have already maxed out our inventory and warehouse storage spaces and they are all full? And we have five chests of crap that we'd like to keep such as costumes and mounts and things?

mail your tradeable ♥♥♥♥ to your alts (store in their inventory space). You can't store your mounts in 5 chests anyways, that only goes into warehouse or otherworld storage chests. Basically just mail everything you can to your alts and fill their inventories. If you run out of room, make a f2p account which can fit 2 chars, mail the stuff there.

I need to end this as a question so it doesnt get deleted:

Did this help you? :)

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 03:16 PM
I am going to just keep posting this until someone in Trion reponds.. FREE EXPANSION SCROLLS!! Because the price of them will shoot through the roof if they havent already on the AH.. And since this info was given on short notice Ill be damned if Im going to give Trion my money to buy a scroll on the Marketplace

Free scrolls don't help when you already have used them to open to 130/130 slots. I need more slots than the max of 130.

Tuncke
08-14-2015, 03:35 PM
good afternoon , I have a doubt about the merger they will do. I am a pirate Naima . I wonder if the crime back at 0 points and return to being Nuia or will remain a pirate? or if I can make any request to put me back to Nuia , because they're going to change some things.

Tuncke
NA-Naima

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Need the transfer questions answered way better. It says in order to qualify Your character cannot be online. Then down at the end of it it reads

Will this mean that we will not be able to play for a full two weeks thus missing event stuff?

The answer to this is that you will be able to play, but you will not be able to perform any action that would break one of the requirements. (An example of this would be you locking in your request, logging on to the server, and then attempting to join a family. The system will prevent you from joining a family during the period of time between locking your request and performing the transfer.)

Siobhan
08-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I have not read the entirety of this thread, so this may have been answered already, but...

If we're on a server that's being merged and we receive "kits" to place our houses and farms, will this kit also contain tax certs? or will we have to WOTCC an pony up the gems to buy a bucketload of them before we move?

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
mail your tradeable ♥♥♥♥ to your alts (store in their inventory space). You can't store your mounts in 5 chests anyways, that only goes into warehouse or otherworld storage chests. Basically just mail everything you can to your alts and fill their inventories. If you run out of room, make a f2p account which can fit 2 chars, mail the stuff there.

I need to end this as a question so it doesnt get deleted:

Did this help you? :)

Yeah, I guess. I do have an otherworld chest, too, because I like pixel clothes. However, at this point, I think we're just going to cut our losses and leave before the merge.

Tightpooty
08-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Celestrata, since TRION decided to designate low pop servers as the official 'roleplay servers' and not merge them, then why not allow free/paid servers transfers TO and FROM the roleplay servers? Let the people who want to be on low pop RP servers go there and let the people stuck on these servers go to larger servers for the world pvp we want.

Inn
08-14-2015, 03:58 PM
I have never thought that i will say it............

Perfect XLgames strategy to get rid of ppl .
Xlgames have another game in a dev already . So they do not care much about archeage anymore .

but anyway ........ my question`s are ..... how HIGH the recompensation will be for :

Q1 > How do u recompensate FORCING PPL to do tons of useless account to keep all the stuff they want to keep
Q2 > How wil u recompensate spending at lot of time to get/set/build land ( i.e 4x 24x24 next to eachother , not mentioned that some ppl worked HARD for more land )
Q3 > How u planing to count recompensate FOR NOT BEING ABLE to put PACKED HOUSE after merge on a new serwer . wtf ppl will do with a HOUSE PACK if theres no land to put it ?????
Q4 > whos idea was it ? Trions ? or XLgames ?
Q5 > last time i remeber evolution was scheduled for the end of the year ....... september isnt at the end of the year ?
Q5 > this is the MOST important question i`d rly like to know the TRIONS answer : do u rly think that server merges bring u enough new player to cover all those who will quit after merge s ?

in a history of all MMOs , most of games collapsed after merges like that :P

GL

Bloodtau
08-14-2015, 04:01 PM
You named my server a "roll play server", but yet you force me to stay on this server. What is the reasoning for this? to me it sounds crazy and out of order to force a pvp player to stay on a roll play server (DAHUTA SERVER)

Bloodtau
08-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Why is this game so focused on RNG and pay to win?

Bloodtau
08-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Please can we get a PVP only server which we can transfer too? where all zones are in war?

Sparton
08-14-2015, 04:03 PM
If my understanding is correct everything we have in our storage chests we will lose all of it Including all bound items in the outworld chest?
cant you just make the chests like a file zip folder so all items will be sealed inside its a small change and it will be able to place it in our inventory then? i have 7 chests that is way to much stuff to lose and if i do lose it all i will lose interest as it takes months to gather all items the all over costs of labor and time is to much to lose think twice before you do this
make a small icon on the chest that will zip it and able to pack it up like a gift box

Miriya
08-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Will there be some incentive for eligible players to move to medium pop servers like Tahyang? or are we just going to get shafted yet again? If not that then will those of us stuck here that would like a more PvP oriented server be allowed to transfer as well? I'd prefer to stay but as I see it I know alot of people are planning on rerolling onto the fresh start server from Tahyang making us even lower pop and I'm worried that we won't get enough newcomers making Tahyang an RP ghost-town with no hope of escape.

Nerrivic
08-14-2015, 04:16 PM
In regards to the new article about server mergers and transfers:

It says that characters are not eligible for transfer if they "own items specific to the server".
Can you please explain what that means ?

I hope it does not refer to normal bound items like crafting materials for obsidian gear, or anything else that is bound to the character.

Chereazi
08-14-2015, 04:20 PM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?215258-Cannon-Damage-FIX-wanted
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?213419-Cannon-Damage
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?188807-Naval-Cannon-vs-High-Angle-Cannon

As can be seen in these and many other Threads that were ignored over and over again, Cannon damage is completely bugged.
When can we expect a fix to Cannon Damage since thats one of the main parts of Sea combat, which itself is a huge part in AA

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 04:20 PM
I have not read the entirety of this thread, so this may have been answered already, but...

If we're on a server that's being merged and we receive "kits" to place our houses and farms, will this kit also contain tax certs? or will we have to WOTCC an pony up the gems to buy a bucketload of them before we move?

Part of your merger compensation package will include tax certifications, yes.

Conanthebarbarian
08-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey archeage team,

I have a few questions about game.

1) can it be possible to change the pvp system in a bit more interessting mode? like for exsample its no fun when you sign up in a already excisting server as new gamer and entering the pvp zone for the first time at lvl 30-31 and get slaughtered by gamers that have lvl 55 right?

2) Me really love to run dungeons, but not everybody is me sometimes you have to beg for houres before you get a team to enter and for some dungeons KC dungeon lvl 45 you not even find ppl to do it. So would it be possible that you make dungeons more interesting so more ppl wanne do it or can you make it happen that all skills works on bosses as well, mobs can be stunned for exsample but bosses ignore all those special skills as bubble, shield slam and all those others so those that like to run dungeons can do it solo? or maybe if drops in some dungeons also can be traded that ppl gone go faster in teams to join a run, SM dungeon lvl 20 and BC lvl 30 is a good farming place but all what is higher is depending on the mood of other ppl. So please if you can do something about this then i and a few others will be verry thankfull :)

3) I live in Belgium and i cant pay patron with my credit card all option that i saw required a 4 number on backside of bankcard what i not have, so my question is... Can it be possible to add cellphone to the list off options to pay for patron?

4) arena is now only for lvl 40+ it would be nice if you have arena's also for lower lvl's so also they have a chance of a victory, when you enter now in arena at lvl 40+ you have 99% chance that you have to face a lvl 55, and where is the fun in a battle if you know you losing before even the battle have started? arena's lvl 21-30 and 31-40 and 41-50 and 51-.. 55 would be more interessting to test your strenght.

5) Do you think that we gone end up in queue time again once the new servers go open like we had at start?

Now you probably thinking why eh love the game if he wanne change it all :) dont misunderstand me the game is really really nice is just those few ppl that think and act like they are gods that destroy the game for new ppl that join in later. and to avoid that is what i asked above a good solution.

Friendly greetings Conanthebarbarian
keep up the good work :)

Demonthief
08-14-2015, 04:22 PM
So are you guys going to ever add more content for PVE players? Seems like its all about that PVP. How about adding a queue system for dungeons, you have one for arena's, Rift even has one, come on! Should really try and appeal to the others. You have way too much room for people to become powerhouses! Got guilds controlling everything, once you get a guild that is too strong people get worried and then people stop playing because it wont be fun anymore because that particular guild is too strong. With this new event coming out with the ayanad weapon drop, that will kill some of your servers simply because the guilds getting them, either they are good or bad, the worst case, becoming pirates and then everyone says "screw this" and quits. Should really try logging in sometime and reading faction chat sometimes, preferably on the weekends when all the kiddies are playing, then check to see how much "drama" is going on in your game and really making it a piece of crap. Love the game but its getting to be crap, just saying.

Sparton
08-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Question : Is it possible to like temporarily expand our warehouse and or inventory bags for like say a month to like 10 pages? As people like myself with lots of storage chests 7 i think need time places to store all our items or like i suggested before make the chests zippable into a gift box
so we can place them into our inventory safely

Demondim
08-14-2015, 04:27 PM
So all my land in Diamond Shores is going to get bulldozed.

What am I supposed to do with 5 FULL chests/otherworlds of items?

You suggest mailing them to my alt characters; sounds feasible on paper, but in reality you only allow me to have max 4 characters on any one server, and those 3x alts inventories and banks are nowhere near enough space for the unbound stuff in these chests, never mind decors, non-stackables and bound items the game will not allow me to mail!

Who's going to pay for these literally 100's of mails?

How do you intend to compensate for all the things I literally have no way of carrying forward?

Next question set...

My land is all packaged up and delivered to me in a kit, which I can place wherever I want. fully built! (read: if I am lucky enough to find a space).
Sure, it's not going to be next to my other lands as it was in Diamond Shores, but hey ho, thems the breaks eh!

Is my Land/House Kit going to be tradeable?
Because I for one have absolutely zero intention of going through all the hassle, heartache
and costs of getting my lands placed somewhere, let alone next to each other again.

I'm very interested to read Trion/XL's proposed resolutions to these questions.

Cosmiclatte
08-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Is there a chance that the drop rate for ayanad designs to increase from the library? it's rare enough to get an item to roll that High but even rarer to be able to find the plans for such an Item.

pysio
08-14-2015, 04:35 PM
what about population?
you actually allow server transfers so a lot of people on my server and the server that is merging with us are wondering what is happening if a large chunk of our players transfer out before the merge and we end up having LESS or the same number of players playing on the new server? will you just merge us again or what is your plan for that?

Sakeru
08-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Would it be possible to have an account wide warehouse? (large size! i.e equivalent to 4 maxed size character warehouse), accessible by all the alts where non-character bound items, including housing decorations, crafting workstation, beds etc and of course mats can get stored and therefore transferred?

This account wide warehouse could be made available for non-evolution accounts, but in smaller size with ability to buy expansion certs on marketplace :-)

if that's not an option, then you need to give us free expansion scrolls to max out our inventories and warehouses on all characters in order to transfer items safely. Maybe XL could look into increasing the stack size of stones bricks, lumber and ingots to 1000 too.

There are already so many bound items, house deco, empty chests that don't stack and will take lots of precious space in warehouses and inventory, even by being selective over what items to "leave behind and lose" this is a hell of a big ask. I have been like many other people, stock piling crafting items, especially mats for house expansion. Selling them between now and mid Sept will just be flooding the AH and losing a lot of money in the process.

please come up with something better than what I heard in the livestream

The free expansion scrolls sounds great, but wouldn't help me on my main, since I already have at inventory and warehouse the maximum of 13 rows each. Still I don't know where I should put all the bound stuff I have....

Make it that warehouse and inventory can hold each 150 items (15 rows) at least if not more!

The idea with the bulge-size of 1000 instead of 100 for bricks, lumber, stabilizers... sounds great

Please also make that the columns you can buy for the fences also stack to bulges, just like iz's needed for ship equipment (same grade of sails, pack-storages...)

and please explane what you mean with the "full kits" exactly

angaels
08-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks for answering my question Celestrata.. NOT.. Expansion scrolls!

romonster
08-14-2015, 05:08 PM
I have questions about the changes to the roleplay server. Since Tahyang will be officially labeled a roleplay server, can we see some crackdowns on the behaviors which distract from roleplay? I'm not worried about perhaps pranks or even people who don't want to roleplay, but I'd like to see a crackdown on immersion breaking behavior such as racism, sexism, bullying, and harassment. Any negative -ism is openly discussed and participated in on the servers. I've seen a lot of minorities openly put down and bashed with every 'er term they can manage, and the behavior is already widespread. I can't roleplay in these conditions. I'm a skilled roleplayer and writer, but under these conditions creativity is completely killed.
Back in June, when they decided that they would make the unofficial RP servers official, they also said they could not enforce any special roleplay rules, and cautioned that an official RP server would tend to attract trolls. You can report individuals for actual bullying or harassment, as you can on any server. I'm pretty sure the only solution available for offensive chat is to turn off faction chat so you don't have to see most of it. I believe most people use local and private chat channels for RP.

I came in during the double experience weekend, and I've been trying to get all the quests done to learn the world and the storyline. It's very frustrating, when you do not have the gear, to actually PVP, defend yourself and, or escape. I get killed within a handful of hits because someone decided to kill me while I was fighting a creature. I don't even have a chance to cam around.
Getting killed once in a while is just part of being in a game with open world PvP. But most of the PvP zones go through phases of conflict and peace. You simply learn when to go there and when not to go. I've freely gone into contested areas all along, and have rarely had anyone bother me. I just try to time it so the zone is not at Level 5 or in war.

Can players who are NOT interested in roleplay get a free transfer to another server so they can stop sucking the life out of roleplay? This can really help get those troublesome players out.
I know Tahyang has a number of players who don't like the fact that they chose to roll on an RP server (and it has been one since launch, just never had the official designation). It would be nice if they were offered the option to transfer to another server, but I couldn't blame them for staying even so; after all, Tahyang is their home too. Many people are unaware that there is any RP going on.

Shadfly
08-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Can we please have two character expansion slot scrolls and max amount of inventory expansion scrolls so that we can turn them into portable dump trucks?

Kynz
08-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Can we have a maximum family slot to 10 or more ?

notebene
08-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Question!

I started packing up some materials I'm not using (but worked hard to obtain, so I'd rather not lose them, as regardless of their market value, they still represent time and labor) on some alts, and something @Khrolan was saying (or trying to say) about 'Yams' struck me.

Now, I 'hope' what he was saying was, "If you don't have room on your main and alts to get all your Yams in your inventory, then ... blah blah blah".

But it occurred to me, maybe he was saying something more sinister, like: "Regardless of whether or not you are able to fit everything in your inventory and warehouse, we're going to pass everything through a filter, since it's going to take so long and woe is our servers and ... blah blah blah ... so we may just delete iron ore and yams and wool and seeds and milk and whatever else we deem 'stupid' so we don't have to spend time moving it all over."

That's not going to happen, right? I mean, if you can get it in your warehouse and inventory, you keep it, right? :(

Barbara
08-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Celestrata ! thx for all your pro efforts !

so the final server merge will be inc soon ! 1st of all gz, and excellent work to keep a merge still calling evolution ! :) its not easy to keep new player playing on an to be merged server ! you did an excellent job to keep these new player uninformed that long time! respect ^^

now my constructive question: this will be the last server merge, sry -evolution? or there will be more server merge, sry -evolution after this 1st one. If yes why? if not why not ?

thx in advance for your detailed answer, ill did try to ask this some weeks ago already, but never did any answer :*( Maybe you can tell my why my questions are not answered by you/your colleagues/team/Trion? tell me when i do something wrong pls.

gl try to finish your planed server merge, sry -evolution :)

Inn
08-14-2015, 05:55 PM
another Q`s :

Q1. If i have a improved scarecrow farm 16x16 design in my inv ......... will it be possible to turn it back it into farmers workstation ? . The reason to ask is simple , if there will be land rush its gonna be better for me to have a house + farmers workstation then 16x16 improved farm .

Q2. If i have lots of materials bound to my account , nontradable , which i store in my Dimensional chest ( or watever the name is ) , how can i transfer it to any other MULE account ? i cant , so it means im gonna loose it ?

( its gonna be a joke but i will quote a small fragment taken from my server fraction chat talk )

"" At least every1 whos gonna RAGE can check how does the ppl responsibile for that merge looks like and find them and get compensation in rly life for losing their precious pixels"""""

Q3 . r u insured :P?

just think about Q1 & Q2

Barbara
08-14-2015, 06:03 PM
another Q`s :

( its gonna be a joke but i will quote a small fragment taken from my server fraction chat talk )

"" At least every1 whos gonna RAGE can check how does the ppl responsibile for that merge looks like and find them and get compensation in rly life for losing their precious pixels"""""

Q3 . r u insured :P?

just think about Q1 & Q2

np, just try avoid to use a well balanced credit card playing f2p mmos, and you will get at least a basic idea what happen in global f2p chats window ^^ this is a free info just for you :)

Inn
08-14-2015, 06:17 PM
np, just try avoid to use a well balanced credit card playing f2p mmos, and you will get at least a basic idea what happen in global f2p chats window ^^ this is a free info just for you

it was just a quote from fraction chat , nothing else

thx for free info ???

one more Q : is there gonna be a character - nickname change scroll/ticket in case two ppl from different servers use same nickname ? and they meet up after merge on the SAME server ?

JackOfAllTrades
08-14-2015, 06:17 PM
What is the purpose of new servers? I thought i understand it, but after today's article it turns out i don't...

Barbara
08-14-2015, 06:19 PM
dear Celestra ! <3 i try to find the old threads about the funny AA server merge, sry -evolution history. Maybe you can put some links to your start thread statement targeting to the previous threads call mark I / II /III whatever ? i guess A LOT new and interested sandbox player are really curious to figure out what happened to Trion AA server merge , sry evolution, plans right form the beginning.

pls consider this as an constructive question to keep AA player to go on playing Trion/AA mmo and to keep new AA player well informed:) ty

nutty
08-14-2015, 06:30 PM
@Trion/XLGames team
When the server merges hit, and the whole problem with names happens.. Will players who have been banned/suspended have their names removed or deleted so we have more of an option for names?

AppleSautts
08-14-2015, 06:38 PM
What is the purpose of new servers? I thought i understand it, but after today's article it turns out i don't...

It's for people that want to start from scratch on a clean server.

Niley
08-14-2015, 06:46 PM
are you adding the chargeback button directly to glyph yet? it was a minor inconvenience calling my bank

whatevervp
08-14-2015, 06:51 PM
If we dont have a guarantee that our items in our chests will make it thru the merge... since poor yams got hit hard by khrolan ( selling all my yams) just in case ... is there any chance that a expanded inventory of like 500 or 1000 could be given temporary to us? or maybe give us a expanded warehouse?

Chereazi
08-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Love it how yams n ♥♥♥♥ are supposed to be "too much data"...
In theory all it needs is 14 byte per stack of Items, 4 byte for the ID of the Warehouse/Chest/Bag/Mail its in, 1 byte for the position in this Warehouse whatever, 4 byte for the Type of the Item, 1 byte for the grade of the Item, 4 byte for the Amount of Items. (extra values for weapons n stuff like tempering and gems would obviously be stored in a different table)
Lets say a Server has 10000 players with 500 stacks of those low value Items each (which is most likely completely over the top)

This results in a total of 70 Megabyte.
Make it cost 140 byte per stack, still only 700 MB, make it cost 1,4KB per stack, still only 7 GB.

What kind of backwards Migration Tool are you using that has problems with amounts of data that is THIS low?
Or is AA just designed that ♥♥♥♥ty?

Niley
08-14-2015, 07:36 PM
just shiny enough for a cash shop everything else is ♥♥♥♥

Shalille
08-14-2015, 07:37 PM
The pre-built building packages are going to cause huge problems during the merge land rush. Can you please look at making them locked to the zone the original building was in.

###

Right now ppl are making alts in low-pop Enla and Oridchna, building cottages in empty windscour or other areas in order to compete in the loading screen rush against the high pop Naima and Aier.

When the merge happens, they will be getting free instant build cottages which they will use to take control of vast areas of valuable land such as two crowns, literally within seconds of the server launching. The land will be gone in seconds. Diamond shore land was gone in 2 minutes, and that was with a 2 unbuilt property limit.

The evolution lands will be gone in seconds with these ppl able to place multiple pre-built properties ignoring the 2 unbuilt limits.... it wont be a land rush , it will be a loading screen rush.

(See this thread for more info regarding the pre-built property land grabbing , http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?218589-Evolution-land-rush-process. )

Surely the head start players and players who currently own land in those valuable zones should have first dibs on placing them in those zone.

The pre-built packs should be only usable in the zone they came from:
"pre-build cottage-windscour" or "pre-built cottage-Two crowns" , not "pre-built cottage from a 2 week old character that works anywhere..."

Bustikat
08-14-2015, 07:43 PM
I am on Enla and with the server merger I'll be moving to Kraken (cool name, btw). When this happens, I understand all our property, gear, and loot will be moved en totale from one server to the next but we'll need to rush to place our property again. Fair enough. But what about Custom Crest Images? I've already had to spend tons of money to redo my crest images when they mysteriously disappeared from the server. Am I going to have to pay for crest brainstorms to make them again? Please say, "No," or at least, "We'll reimburse the crest brainstorms so that you don't have to spend real life money to remake the same custom images for a third time. We respect you too much to put you through that hell again and thanks so much for being a loyal player."

I imagine that if a person only has one or two custom images it's not that big of a deal. But what if they, like me, have almost filled up a dimensional storage unit? That's a lot of images! And a lot of dough! It'd be a shame to have to buy 100 crest brainstorms again. A real crying shame.

Rawne
08-14-2015, 08:02 PM
How does the "first come first serve" work on transfers exactly? Say I want to transfer along with my friends and the server gets full. Will you remove the option to transfer to the full server? So you know you got your spot reserved. Or do we all apply and then later it's decided who got in and who didn't?

Shaddowsythe
08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Will our mail be wyped during the merge or is our mail going to stay in tact?

Spafon
08-14-2015, 08:23 PM
Are the maps the same?

Is there going to be the same chaos to try and find plots as there was the last two land grabs?

I don't intend spending months trying to get back to where I was before your downsizing.
It seems the entrenched guilds and players will do the same as last time; try to grab everything and then sell the land at insane prices. I have no intention of doing that again. I fear if that is allowed to happen again the game will fail.

Another important question is teleport books. Are all our waypoint gonna get wiped so we have the run around the maps to try and reclaim our land?

dingo13
08-14-2015, 08:33 PM
On the topic of castle compensation, I believe that the compensation should be something that can benefit that guild in a large way similar to how the castle benefits them with tax gold. If the gm of a castle guild was given the design for an enoan galleon that would be a far better compensation then just giving the gm a unique title similar to the freed inch compensation. It would defiantly help kick start leviathan hunts that are currently very difficult otherwise aswell as instead of adding more unobtainable exclusive items to certain players give them something which other players can still obtain. giving them the double decker galleon design woul be a much better trade off then taking a castle an entire guild had to fight for instead of just giving them something only 1 person can benefit from while a guild as a whole can benefit from the galleon just as they do from a castle.

That sounds like a good idea, I mean makes for more in game content to be done.

DataDog
08-14-2015, 08:37 PM
It seems Trion is expecting their customers to purchase inventory Expansion Scrolls and Character Slot Scrolls in order to manually store and protect our investments. This will require us to invest more time and money. I think it would only be fair to provide these items to assist the player-base in manually storing their items on alts or provide better options for us to protect our investments. Is Trion willing to provide these items ahead and ahead of time?

Please and thank you for your support!

Cigano
08-14-2015, 08:37 PM
hello there Trion I'm Really upset with this I PAY for all my lands I never got any free lands in this game and I pay them buying Apex from you guys !!!! this what you guys doing is scamming people and I hope I get all my gold I pay for those lands back!!! all of it!! or I will quit but will open a ticket with my card company for my money back this is bad business you guys doing here !!

Buhg
08-14-2015, 08:42 PM
I totally get this.

And most certainly I got the "We don't know and can't tell you now, or ever"

Question!

I started packing up some materials I'm not using (but worked hard to obtain, so I'd rather not lose them, as regardless of their market value, they still represent time and labor) on some alts, and something @Khrolan was saying (or trying to say) about 'Yams' struck me.

Now, I 'hope' what he was saying was, "If you don't have room on your main and alts to get all your Yams in your inventory, then ... blah blah blah".

But it occurred to me, maybe he was saying something more sinister, like: "Regardless of whether or not you are able to fit everything in your inventory and warehouse, we're going to pass everything through a filter, since it's going to take so long and woe is our servers and ... blah blah blah ... so we may just delete iron ore and yams and wool and seeds and milk and whatever else we deem 'stupid' so we don't have to spend time moving it all over."

That's not going to happen, right? I mean, if you can get it in your warehouse and inventory, you keep it, right? :(

Lamora
08-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Will do pirates start on pirate island? Or do we have to become pirates again?

Silvya
08-14-2015, 08:59 PM
So I hear people with beehives will get them returned because they are near permanent and expensive.

Will people with male animals also get them returned? Anyone who's tried breeding animals knows how that they are hard to acquire - and expensive. They are also permanent, unless their owners choose to kill them off (unlike female animals they do not eventually just die "of old age")

I'm pretty damn sure I invested more into getting my male bears than the cost of filling my land with beehives. I spent MONTHS accumulating male bears (by killing and replacing females T.T)

BigMac
08-14-2015, 09:00 PM
I have two questions about what's happening in 2.0 that are NOT about transfers or mergers, can I ask them in this thread and expect answers?

Q1: With Guild size (for level 3 and higher guilds) capped at 100 will we see a formal system of Alliances? Will it include Alliance Chat? Will characters from allied guilds be allowed to join Siege teams without needing to transfer guilds?

Q2: Will Diamond Shores current (pre patch 2.0) housing area STILL be a housing area AFTER 2.0? If so will it be exclusive to the East? The West? Intermixed?

BigMac
08-14-2015, 09:10 PM
dear Celestra ! <3 i try to find the old threads about the funny AA server merge, sry -evolution history. Maybe you can put some links to your start thread statement targeting to the previous threads call mark I / II /III whatever ? i guess A LOT new and interested sandbox player are really curious to figure out what happened to Trion AA server merge , sry evolution, plans right form the beginning.

pls consider this as an constructive question to keep AA player to go on playing Trion/AA mmo and to keep new AA player well informed:) ty

The thread that started it all but wasn't called Mark I can be found here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?196325-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-(in-progress

Mark II can be found here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?200196-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-(Mark-II)

You can find Mark III here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?209367-OFFICIAL-SERVER-EVOLUTION-amp-FEEDBACK-THREAD-(Mark-III)

Did you find this helpful? (I needed to get a question in here to avoid deletion?)

Buhg
08-14-2015, 09:13 PM
They've answered f**k nothing really.

Isn't that nice of them?

Jeapers
08-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Will leave game with merge , worked so hard and spent so much actually money to get the land I got and it is all going to go bye bye. When the servers go up only a select few will be able to get on like always because everyone is going to try to rush, there isn't a chance for anything. They need to refund my money.
I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!
If this was a different kind of MMO a merger (and it is a merger not an evolution changing name does not make it better) wouldn't matter as much but this game has made LAND valuable and no amount of money they give for the land will give back the true value of the land that was acquired.

okram2k
08-14-2015, 09:49 PM
so for those of us who DO have to work on Saturday, can we please get an exact date like... Now so we can request the day off or trade shifts?

Ceridyn
08-14-2015, 10:14 PM
I specifically paid money at head start to have a head start at claiming my name. There is zero chance that it has not been claimed on the other server that we are merging with. How will name collisions work? Is it once two people with the name name are put on one server the name is gone forever and we have to change it to something completely different? Or would it maybe be like the first person who reclaim that name gets it? I'm very interested in how name collisions will be addressed, thank you.

Hzlchua
08-14-2015, 10:26 PM
can we atleast have 3x war period events per day? so every timezone has a chance to participate. is this possible?

emeraldscar
08-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Will leave game with merge , worked so hard and spent so much actually money to get the land I got and it is all going to go bye bye. When the servers go up only a select few will be able to get on like always because everyone is going to try to rush, there isn't a chance for anything. They need to refund my money.
I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!
If this was a different kind of MMO a merger (and it is a merger not an evolution changing name does not make it better) wouldn't matter as much but this game has made LAND valuable and no amount of money they give for the land will give back the true value of the land that was acquired.

Very tempted t o quit - spent a year acquiring properties - was in head start which was a joke then spent so much time and money getting land off landhackers and speculaters. There is no free land on my server East or West how can merging be good, What is going to stop the land thieves again. What is going to stop ddos attacks so we can actually be online to try to get land back that we worked had to get in the first place. Can Trion guarantee no crashes. WTF three weeks notice - too bad I spent 3k gold on a good spot thinking it was a safe investment. So angry. Why merge - we know it will be a cluster♥♥♥♥. Look at basic transfers rather than forcing this on everyone - the only people this is "fair" to is the cheats and scammers.

Cerl
08-14-2015, 10:36 PM
This is a death sentence to all loyal players that pay money and have been apart of this game for a long time.
I'm sure Trion understands all of this, but this is absolutely disgraceful customer service to those players.

I own a substantial amount of land with hundreds and hundreds of items which took a long time to collate. And i'm sure many players are in a similar situation. It will be nigh impossible to remove all items from my chests into inventories and warehouses without the help of sending myself in-game mail. This situation alone will cause many people to quit.

Solution could be a temporary warehouse situation with 1000+ item storage which will carry through the merge.
You cannot expect players to act upon themselves in this situation without any help.

Compensation packages will not work
No matter what you throw at players in terms of compensation, it cannot work. All this means is there is a larger amount of gold circulating, which just means the ones who are lucky enough to be online and grab land can charge more for it. I have never been able to be online for land grabbing due to my time zone, and many like me will suffer for it.

I have spent copious amount of hours and a lot of real money getting to a point where I'm in a good situation. I've been a loyal player since Alpha and have worked so hard to now have it all taken away.

Instead of in game compensation, I am requesting real life compensation. All my money that I invested plus more for the amount of time (now wasted) on the game.

I'm sure you have the best on intentions, but this again is a death sentence to money paying and loyal players.

CavemanSean
08-14-2015, 10:37 PM
To lazy to read over 200 posts; so give me a reply.

I have 4 characters on a server
each character has 130 slot bag + 130 slot warehouse (almost all full)
I also have 6 teardrops, 1 other worldy storage and a few illustrious storage chests

HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO STORE ALL THE MATTS I HAVE SPENT HOURS AND REAL MONEY ACCUMULATING THEM?!
NO I WILL NOT JUST 'GET RID' OF THESE MATTS

If you cannot give me an answer, kindly send me the money I spent getting all these chests as they are no longer able to do what I paid for... storing my god damn items!

Iva
08-14-2015, 10:39 PM
Will Loyalty and unused bound items be usable at launch on the Fresh Start servers?

Suggestion: Disable Loyalty purchases and unused bound items at launch for the first 30 days. Loyalty and unused bound items will give a HUGE advantage to players on these Fresh Start servers at launch. If they are usable at launch it will be counterproductive to what these servers are all about.

Linkthehobo
08-14-2015, 10:41 PM
@Celestrata

I am not on a merging server and so I am not subject to any of these changes currently, but I had a suggestion regarding item transfers and the space issue. I think it is only fair to unlock all item and character slots(at the very least for patrons) prior to merge so that all players have the maximum possible slots available to them for the evolution without having to fork over 10 ish dollars per character in order to max out both their inventory space as well as their warehouse. Did not read the entire thread as I'm not really involved, I just felt this was important to get out there as it seems only fair.

Goodluck evolvers.

emeraldscar
08-14-2015, 10:58 PM
@Celestrata

I am not on a merging server and so I am not subject to any of these changes currently

haha that's what Naimi thought yesterday too

tzezuko
08-14-2015, 11:07 PM
This is a really bad idea. No, it's a HORRIBLE idea. I've been tracking the Evolution for awhile and just got a gut-check blow because, 'oh look, Naima's on the list now'. I was one of those people who played in Alpha with my guild. We all forked over $150 to get into it; through beta even, providing feedback and diligently being active in the game. Unfortunately, I have a life outside of this game, one that pays the bills to GIVE Trion the money to continue to stay in business. I had difficulty downloading the client to even get into the game so lost out on "headstart" and several weeks of issues ensued afterward because of various other tech issues on server side.

I've consistently had to reinstall this game after patches because they 'broke' my ability to reconnect and I got the same fixes which always resulted in the same outcome. Now after months of work and real life money (and stubborn faith that Trion would pull through) I get this slap in the face. Seriously Trion?! You can't compensate me for my land, my time, my real life money by giving me back the materials i've already spent to build my items - to build the items again ><.

How about this, and just a suggestion - there was this ability that was talked about back in alpha and beta, how we'd be able to PLACE buildable land pretty much anywhere in the world. Now THAT would be compensation; so I'm not fighting the gold-rush and land-shark bots, I get to actually put my land where I want it and build my home how I want. How about those family perks too - we're still waiting on those. Would love to have family that can decorate the house with me. Or the family member NPCs that can harvest land for me. So many expectations and promises from Trion and XLGames that I'm still waiting on. Come on Trion, you can still turn this around!

I want to still have faith. I enjoy RIFT and Dimensions, I had fun in AA at first even but now...its become a chore. The constant issues and instability is killing this game. This is NOT RIFT, this is not most other MMOs. You know this, we know this. This is a sandbox game. You have to let the game develop and leave it alone.

Hey, how about instead of 'evolving' the server, close down other servers for migration for a bit, and have the low pop servers be the ones open ;p new players would have to go there.

So many suggestions and ideas...so unlikely any will be used. This is a very bad idea.

Jeapers
08-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Wait so we lose the stuff in our chest also ????? My bank is put to max capacity and my inventory is almost max and I have like 6 huge chest at the higher end capacity so I lose everything and all my land I acquired for trading routes. ?""""""""""""""

Linkthehobo
08-14-2015, 11:21 PM
haha that's what Naimi thought yesterday too

I have been hoping and praying they merge Ollo or give us transfers for months now. It needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Solstis
08-14-2015, 11:22 PM
I still haven't seen anything addressing questions regarding yata and polar bear farms. There's a lot time and money invested to getting a good number of males let alone getting them in the right places, and I would like to know if there is any possible way to get the farms back in their previous state without having to spend another year trying to set them back up?

Jeapers
08-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Me too on getting the right amount of male and females on both my polar bear and yata farms :(

tzezuko
08-14-2015, 11:27 PM
Same- Hey Jeapers, long time (<----Yemaiya) But yeah, I happen to be one of those folks who spent months wheeling and dealing to get my little corner of heaven. just rearranged everything- and boom, we're transferring your server out. WTF. Btw i have polar bears and yatas i breed, beehives, cows, geese and ducks ;p the last three aren't so hard to replace, first three are a different subject altogether.

What will happen for these?

Linkthehobo
08-14-2015, 11:28 PM
I realized I actually do have a question regarding Diamond Shores comp. Will the package go to all land owners, even 8x8? Will the package be per plot or just one per account? Do I need to build my land fully or can I leave it unbuilt and still receive comp?

Noaani
08-14-2015, 11:48 PM
So much mis-information.

As has been stated in the FAQ, if you are going ahead with the merge, you need to remove all items from your house that would be destroyed in a demo. This is almost exclusively decorative items.

Items in chest get sent to your character when you demo a property. Because of this, according to what Trion have said anything in a storage chest is safe when the mergers happen.

However, if you are transferring servers, this is not what happens. This isn't a huge issue because you can't transfer servers with property, and you can't place chests without property. In other words, if you have a chest placed in the world when the servers go down, you will have it mailed to you when (or slightly after) the servers go up.

The mergers still suckered for people, especially those that only found out about it with this last announcement. But at least people should now know that storage isn't an issue if you go ahead with the merger.

Kitwyn
08-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Why are all the new servers named for monsters, necromancers or other horrors? Is that what you think of the people you are throwing to the wolves?

Foamkitty
08-15-2015, 12:11 AM
What about larders on farms... albeit larders or the packs themselves?
What happens to expensive larders if we are unable to remove them before the merge?

MEMO
08-15-2015, 12:13 AM
How do you recommend that I get my all the items out of my multiple chests that I have on my server, when you all do merge? If I leave items in chest, do they come back to me in mail, or can I mail them to myself? Does mail get affected in merge(not option 1, but option 2 of your magical new system)
:rolleyes:
Well the only solution for people with too many stuff like me is to mail the stuff to themselves.

However, for people who choose option 1 it impossible for them to do that :mad: :( but how about people who choose option 2?! :confused: again does the email going to be affected in the merge process??????????? :confused:

This is one of the most important questions as it going to resolve the shortage of storage issue if the email not going to be affected by the merge process :o

moomeishiba
08-15-2015, 12:20 AM
:rolleyes:
Well the only solution for people with too many stuff like me is to mail the stuff to themselves.

However, for people who choose option 1 it impossible for them to do that :mad: :( but how about people who choose option 2?! :confused: again does the email going to be affected in the merge process??????????? :confused:

This is one of the most important questions as it going to resolve the shortage of storage issue if the email not going to be affected by the merge process :o

no you can't do that. nothign in mail will get transfer. nothing in auction house will be transfered. you needa make a bucnah new accoutns and give your items to those free accounts and make them transfer the items back to you afte the merge.

Telai
08-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Why do you offer this transfers? People from Aier and Orchidna will go to other servers, so the new, merged server will probably be as dead as his predecessor. If people from the Servers that will merge with another couldn't transfer, and had to stay on the server, that will be created out of the merge, things would be better.

MEMO
08-15-2015, 12:36 AM
no you can't do that. nothign in mail will get transfer. nothing in auction house will be transfered. you needa make a bucnah new accoutns and give your items to those free accounts and make them transfer the items back to you afte the merge.

:( You need to understand that I have 2x otherworld storage chest :( and it full of untradeable items :( not to mention the stuff that I have in my house like I have about 50 plushies or so :cool:

moomeishiba
08-15-2015, 12:38 AM
:( You need to understand that I have 2x otherworld storage chest :( and it full of untradeable items :( not to mention the stuff that I have in my house like I have about 50 plushies or so :cool:

put all the stuff you really really really want to keep on your character or in your warehouse. they said no gurantee on items in chest :( and...you need to post a snapshot of all those plushies xD

Salems2380
08-15-2015, 12:41 AM
Wow this is the biggest load of crap i have heard in 15+ years of gaming. Are they doing full refunds?

The fact they aren't giving 2 ♥♥♥♥s about your items and land is crazy...

Trion wont get another cent from me.

Serious though are they doing refunds.

MEMO
08-15-2015, 12:48 AM
put all the stuff you really really really want to keep on your character or in your warehouse. they said no gurantee on items in chest :( and...you need to post a snapshot of all those plushies xD

ok I'm goanna keep u updated with my plushies :p

Whiskersmon
08-15-2015, 01:06 AM
Will players who are not on evolution servers get compensation for having to be offline for two days?

BigMac
08-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Why do you offer this transfers? People from Aier and Orchidna will go to other servers, so the new, merged server will probably be as dead as his predecessor. If people from the Servers that will merge with another couldn't transfer, and had to stay on the server, that will be created out of the merge, things would be better.

If there was no transfer option that would NOT force people to stay and play. Many would just quit the game. Of course, even with the transfer option many will still quit the game but it's always better to give players choices.

BigMac
08-15-2015, 01:19 AM
The LiveStream did answer a lot of questions... about transfers & mergers which was of course the HOT TOPIC and also about the August Event and the Anniversary Player Appreciation Month. Whew, it was packed... Still, there wasn't any time to go into other areas about 2.0. What about changes to the punishing RNG? Will RNG be much less punishing for regrades, upgrades and gemming in 2.0?

Sharon
08-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Back in June, when they decided that they would make the unofficial RP servers official, they also said they could not enforce any special roleplay rules, and cautioned that an official RP server would tend to attract trolls. You can report individuals for actual bullying or harassment, as you can on any server.

Trion doesn't do anything to punish harassment. I've reported it many times and they don't do anything to punish the harassers that I've observed. They aren't suspended or banned or anything.

Serpine
08-15-2015, 01:44 AM
QUESTION: Regarding the Transfer option: Do you need to have an open character slot on the destination server to receive the moved character? I.E. if you already have two characters on the destination but have not purchased a Character Slot Scroll on that server, will it still allow you to transfer from the source server?

meersalzrama
08-15-2015, 01:46 AM
seit ihr nicht ganz dicht?

wie soll ich all meine items auf charaktere verteilen?? soll ich mir jetzt neue charaktere erstellen ihr penner?? ich spiele seit der scheiss beta und dem beschissenen start, und jetz fickt ihr einen scho wieder? ihr seit echt das letzte ihr penner

Anfauglir
08-15-2015, 01:50 AM
hey wazzap?? im just wondering about something weird.....why is that im able to get the quest for archemaster if the npc to complete it no longer exist cuz i want the title.... plz answer that.

sincerly, a guy that love the game but dont understrand...

Sil3x
08-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Will it possible, with 2.0 evolution, to pillage, plunder or sack land in contested/hostile area ?

Baeldr
08-15-2015, 02:13 AM
So will the items in chests transfer over or is this just another scheme to get the community to spend real money on inventory expansions. I just don't see what is so hard about getting our chests to transfer over with all our items.

Ayfo
08-15-2015, 02:14 AM
Please disable labor pots for the first 2-3 weeks of new server

I am not asking for you to change your infrastructure, and create a server-specific labor/credit system (like so many members of the community are crying for)

But please delay people from using up their stores of labor pots to manipulate the new servers. 2k gold from coinpurses on day 23 is infinitely less impactful than 2k gold from coinpurses on day 5

Sakeru
08-15-2015, 02:31 AM

Do ppl, who have several possessions (farms and houses) get a compensation pack for each of the lost ownings?
or will there be at least different compensation packages: ppl who only have a 8x8 will get less than someone with a 16x16 or 24x24, and ppl who own 3 things get more than ppl with 2, but those with 2 get more than the ones with only one farm/house???

Will the server-shut-down be on a Thursday, so the opening of the new servers and the landrush will be surely at a Saturday or at least Sunday?

What will happen to the animal pens and cages and the bee hives, when the farms are demolished? They will be lost, won't they?
Is there a change that the UPROOTING will just do what many newbees think and just dig the pen and cage up, so we have it in inventory again? It took me so long to get the mats for the bee hive and I dont wanna loose it again.

mikroman
08-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Please disable labor pots for the first 2-3 weeks of new server

I am not asking for you to change your infrastructure, and create a server-specific labor/credit system (like so many members of the community are crying for)

But please delay people from using up their stores of labor pots to manipulate the new servers. 2k gold from coinpurses on day 23 is infinitely less impactful than 2k gold from coinpurses on day 5

Change worker potions to 1000 LP/12/ ACCOUNT! Ok. This is not enough vs non-cd potions...
Idea:
Separated "normal" and "NoCD" labors maybe. NoCD labor used first and the rest of noCD labor mailed in exit/login to source server's character (as 1000 and 200 lp nocd potions).

nekro
08-15-2015, 02:58 AM
good morning ma name is Nekro and i have a nice question for u guys and i hope u can give me an answer i am also sure that lot of other people have the same question....

Ma question is about beehives... first of all i listen all the night twich about beehives... it has been said that we will be able somehow to uprrot the beehives...(right now if u uproot an beehive u loose it) so with the uproot will the beehive come to our inventory? or we need to do this uproot to leave the information that in that specific farm was a beehive so they give it back to us on the new server.... and ma importasn question is ...... When and if u give us those beehives that we had in the old server.... they will be ready to use? or do i need to spend ma money buying QUEEN BEES? so basicly the question is it will be ready for use? or we need to get the queen ourselfs? ty celestrata and i hope to see ur answer :) have fun :D

Cerl
08-15-2015, 03:13 AM
Transferring items from chests

This question has still not been answered

I have searched this whole thread and there has not been a definitive answer to this question.
Many players such as myself have a substantial amount of items in chests. For instances I have 2 otherworlds, 4 teardrops and quite a number of other chests over my 30 plots of land.

It is nigh impossible to keep hold of everything. On my main, I don't even have enough room just for my untradeables..

You cannot expect us to handle this issue without any form of help
Solution: Temporarily make another type of warehouse or use the one currently and create 1000+ extra empty slots a week out from the merge. At least then we're not spending many hours figuring out what to do, destroying, selling our items.

Curious - This is something I would love a direct answer to
How did you not even consider a solution to this simple well known issue. You could of at least said your thinking of a way instead of just leaving us in the dark.
You expect us to destroy and/or sell items because you did not think this through before saying it.
Terrible customer service.

RexNero
08-15-2015, 03:28 AM
1 If i decide to transfert to an old server all alt on my account will be transfert also or i need request 1 by 1 for all alt also if on the same account?

2 Old server players server (no affect by evolution) will be able to transfert on a new evolution server?

3 If i move on an old server but my family members character account are not so lucky becouse u can also deny it and move on enother server for population reason after may I be transfert again on server where you random put my family account?

4 I made a fast calculation and just teory material for rebuild everything is built now will cost us over 20k gold and i have like 1k gold at moment not calculate the labor cost. Also if problem will not exist since in big server u will not find easy space for build and probably i will make the 5% of what i have now i have the right to age a compensation for all stone brick and other material cost i paid for realize my building also if i not choice to stay in the next evolution server?

Bariby
08-15-2015, 03:31 AM
At first sorry for my englisch :)
I dont know how to understand that Part with the Kits. .. what should i Do to get one? I have a Lot of farms..
Should i put all farms in my inventory and i get Kits? Or how will IT be?

Noaani
08-15-2015, 03:35 AM
@Celestrata, I know you said anything other than questions will be deleted, but I have to post the following based on current in game mechanics.
Transferring items from chests

This question has still not been answered

I have searched this whole threadThe answer to this is in the FAQ that was posted.

The only thing that is destroyed on property you own when the merger goes ahead are items that would be destroyed if the property were demolished. That is decorations and the like, and all such items specifically say on them that they are destroyed.

Chests, and the items in them, are mailed back to you when your property is demolished. As per the original article, that means that during the merge process, such items will be mailed back to you as normal.

This does not apply to transfers to existing servers, but as you can not transfer if you have property (which is in turn needed to have a storage chest) this is not an issue.

This is the one question that is asked the most, and yet was answered in the original article. I've answered it simply because I know a lot of people do not understand the mechanics of demos in game, and that understanding is needed to grasp what was said about about it in the article.

Noaani
08-15-2015, 03:36 AM
At first sorry for my englisch :)
I dont know how to understand that Part with the Kits. .. what should i Do to get one? I have a Lot of farms..
Should i put all farms in my inventory and i get Kits? Or how will IT be?

Do nothing.

When the merge happens, you will have a kit for each property that you had placed in the world as the servers went down. These kits are just like a regular property design except that when you place it, you are placing a finished building that does not require any further resources.

Xiax
08-15-2015, 03:41 AM
Will Auroria(castle) available on the start of the new Servers?

Noaani
08-15-2015, 03:45 AM
Will Auroria(castle) available on the start of the new Servers?

Auroria yes, but they are still deciding on if castles will be available from day one or activated later on.

Note that this is for the new servers, not the merged servers. I am unsure what the deal is with them.

Likely not the official answer you were after, but it is the answer given in the article that was posted.

CavemanSean
08-15-2015, 04:07 AM
@Celestrata, I know you said anything other than questions will be deleted, but I have to post the following based on current in game mechanics.The answer to this is in the FAQ that was posted.

The only thing that is destroyed on property you own when the merger goes ahead are items that would be destroyed if the property were demolished. That is decorations and the like, and all such items specifically say on them that they are destroyed.

Chests, and the items in them, are mailed back to you when your property is demolished. As per the original article, that means that during the merge process, such items will be mailed back to you as normal.

This does not apply to transfers to existing servers, but as you can not transfer if you have property (which is in turn needed to have a storage chest) this is not an issue.

This is the one question that is asked the most, and yet was answered in the original article. I've answered it simply because I know a lot of people do not understand the mechanics of demos in game, and that understanding is needed to grasp what was said about about it in the article.

I'm pretty sure we as a community would like to hear a straight forward answer from Trion on this. no tricky wording

Please give us each case scenario;
A) Items in chest and you merge
B) Items in chest and you migrate

You've (Trion) already pissed off probably 75+% of the players on these "low population" servers because you are essentially f__king us over with our land... the land that many of us has spent real money to purchase APEX, turn the APEX into gold and purchase a plot from someone else....

I whole-heartedly hope what ever 'compensation' we get is at the bare minimum equivalent to all the REAL money we pumped into this game!

I know myself, just in Apex I probably have at least several hundred dollars that was spent over the time I've played AA in order to get my land to where it was.

Emerald1235
08-15-2015, 04:24 AM
This might already been asked or even been answered but, if I were to wait till lucius evolves to nazar will my char be saved with all the stuff or rather will my char be transferred to nazar with all the stuff? (im not a land owner)

DJK
08-15-2015, 04:27 AM
QUESTION: How is Trion going to counteract auction house bots after the merge, specially on the new servers with a separate auction house? And please.. don't tell us "we will do everything we can" because you already said that and yet, EU servers are full of them auction house bots.. countless times i've put items for sale on the auction house only for the bots to grab them instantly. Straight answer please.

Bullshihtzu
08-15-2015, 04:32 AM
My Question is.....
Considering it is not only greedy but dishonest of Trion to continue charging for Patron and Tax on the servers about to be merged is Trion going to suspend said charges until the mergers happen ? as a show of good faith .

Tethgar
08-15-2015, 04:45 AM
1st question, can you please delete all the whining and pointless questions, that serve no purpose but to try and promote further hate and whining?

2nd; Is there a plan in place to cap full houses packs per character? From the live stream it didn't sound like there was, but fi you are wanting to make all things equal in a land rush shouldn't there be? 1 character dropping 10 pre-mades can ruin a large chunk in any area, if they also sign in with a alt it could be a nightmare.

3rd, If you are increasing characters per server to 6, how many will transfer with the merger? Originally it was stated two would transfer and the others would have to choose a different server. Is this still the case?

3.2, Is there something in place, to say, hold the other character back in reserve for a week or two? I.E. If I have character on a merging server, will you allow 2 on at merge and the other two can elect to be transferred over at a later date?

4. Is there any plan to monitor the merging servers vs. place holder property warfare? I.E. the people that drop scarecrows or foundations and not do anything with them? I've seen too many places where people don't grow anything or even attempt to build on a foundation.

4.2, Is there any plan to say remove such places? if there are people still with actual full homes or farms and such, that they want to place?

Suggestion, would be to set a cap of 2 to 3 full packs per account, with a 2 un-built limit. This would allow everyone the chance to grab land, and force building upon those that would otherwise have a monopoly. For example I know folks that own 9 medium or larger structures plus two gazebos, split between two accounts. Their plan is to spam Castaway Isle with all they have. A cap would stop this, however if she gets in first she could own it all, just by being lucky enough to be one of the first on. Not sure if you intend for things like this scenario to happen or not. Just an observation.

Bullshihtzu
08-15-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm pretty sure we as a community would like to hear a straight forward answer from Trion on this. no tricky wording

You've (Trion) already pissed off probably 75+% of the players on these "low population" servers because you are essentially f__king us over with our land... the land that many of us has spent real money to purchase APEX, turn the APEX into gold and purchase a plot from someone else....

I whole-heartedly hope what ever 'compensation' we get is at the bare minimum equivalent to all the REAL money we pumped into this game!

I know myself, just in Apex I probably have at least several hundred dollars that was spent over the time I've played AA in order to get my land to where it was.

Trion seems to think compensating us with in game items is good enough , in game items are just pixels and worthless Trion should do the right thing and give proper real money compensation , it would be fair if Trion go to feel some of the "fun" their players are about to get :P

litletreasure
08-15-2015, 04:56 AM
All my items will not fit into my warehouse and bags it is the reason I paid for so many chests to store items in. How is Archeage going to handle these items.

druidronin
08-15-2015, 05:06 AM
will any-post owls work after the merger/evolution?

notebene
08-15-2015, 05:14 AM
I don't suppose anyone can explain the whole #YamGate thing to me?

Does it mean even if you have space to pack everything up in character inventories and warehouses, they are going to parse everything through a list of 'undesirable' items that are just deleted?

If that is true, do they have a list of items that they'll be deleting? Ore? Gems? Wood? Veggies? Fruit? Processed fruit, veggies, grain? Meat? Wool/fabrics? Charcoal Stab/Rock Salt? Stone? Fertilizer? Starshard Chips? Mysterious Garden Powder?

druidronin
08-15-2015, 05:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, has the idea of locking the high population servers. And forcing new players to create their characters on the low population servers, never cross Xl's mind?

wispip
08-15-2015, 05:53 AM
My Question

Please send me the 120k gold back i losted , a guild scammed me and you can see it in server logs ihad the 120k please send me back

regards

wispip

styner
08-15-2015, 05:56 AM
I just have a question about the schedule. It seems u aim to get the server evolution and 2.0 updates in September. I know u don't have the exact date for those two things but can u at least tell us which one will happen first? R we going to have server evolution first and then 2.0 or is it other way?

Noaani
08-15-2015, 05:59 AM
There is no tricky wording involved, it's just that chests and their contents were covered under a larger sub-section of items that can be placed in your house. They said everything that would normally get sent back to you in a demo would be sent back to you, and in a normal demo contents of chests are sent back to you.

I'm not sure what about that is tricky.

I mean, you are asking about a specific subsection of the above, but where does it end? DO they need to address each and every item that can be placed on your property to tell you what would happen to it? Or should they be able to tell everyone what happens to subsets of items (in this case items that are returned to you when a property is demo'd) and expect people to extrapolate from there?

As for (B) above, that is an impossible scenario. In order to transfer to another server, the character needs to have no land. Once the transfer request has been put in place, that character is prevented from owning land until the transfer is complete. Placing a chest requires land, so the scenario is not possible.

Then of course, there is this...

Regarding storage chests, these chests will be packed up during the merge and re-sent to you via in-game mail.

Shadfly
08-15-2015, 06:11 AM
There is no tricky wording involved, it's just that chests and their contents were covered under a larger sub-section of items that can be placed in your house. They said everything that would normally get sent back to you in a demo would be sent back to you, and in a normal demo contents of chests are sent back to you.

I'm not sure what about that is tricky.
The chest may come back to you in the mail, but it is empty.
Have you tried this? Someone earlier in the thread stated that it happened that way.

Rostrax
08-15-2015, 06:20 AM
I feel that you are fixing the present when you need to fix the future. You need to be more aggressive. People will cry. It's sad, I feel for them. But looking out for the general health of the game, you need to merge more servers into less. This game is best with large populations and im unsure this will suffice. I would be interested to see your projections and such of users online 6pm pst per server circa auroria patch compared to projected users online 6pm pst post merge... I basically want to know if I should get my hopes up...I have been waiting and complaining for a long time for this. I apologize if I seem pessimistic, I am. I just hope you take full advantage of the opportunity you have, which right now I'm unsure.