PDA

View Full Version : 8/14 -- Evolution Questions answered via the Livestream

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Below are the various questions that were tackled on today's livestream. For those of you who have additional questions, please visit the Ask XL and Trion thread!

The full livestream can be re-watched at any time right here (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/10940849)!

Q. Why were Naima and Aier added into the evolution plan at such a late point?

We kept an eye on our data throughout the last few months and Naima and Aier were on the edge of being included in the evolution. With our most recent data, it is in the best interest of the game to include both of these servers in the evolution process. This is why we marked our plans as tentative, and wished to constantly remind everyone involved that the chosen servers were subject to change as we continued to gather data.

While we understand this is a significant blow to the communities on these servers, we are including them in the process to further prevent us from having to conduct another evolution at some point in the future.

Q. How should we pack up our stuff to prepare for the server merge? What will happen to our storage chests?

When packing up your items, we suggest loading up your alts and making sure to get rid of anything you may not want to keep, like common crafting items or other types of common drops. Important items should be kept in your warehouse, inventory, or on your character.

Items that state that they will not be returned to you in a state of demolition MUST be placed into your inventory or warehouse.

Right now, houses and land pieces should be left in the world. They will be re-sent to you via the in-game mail system as a full kit, which means they can immediately be replaced in the world without requiring materials. They will require tax certifications, however.

Regarding storage chests, these chests will be packed up during the merge and re-sent to you via in-game mail. Items inside of the storage chests should be kept inside when they are re-delivered, but there is a chance that items that are normally destroyed in a demolish will be destroyed if they are in the chests. Again, we recommend if there is anything you really want to keep that you keep it in your inventory or warehouse. We are looking into making sure that these emails will last for a longer period than usual in your inbox, so your storage chests aren't deleted if you aren't able to check them immediately after the merge.

Q. How long will items sent to us last in the mail?

Basic crafting materials and other common items may last for as long as 30 days in the mail.

We are looking to extend the amount of time other items are kept in your in-game mail, such as designs, storage chests, and other major items.

Q. Will pre-paid taxes count when placing land or will they be lost?

They will be lost. However, we are a month away from the Evolution, so our suggestion is that players stop further pre-paying their taxes. For all players who will be involved in the actual Evolution, we will be providing a compensation pack that will contain a decent amount of tax certifications.

Q. Are beehives going to be saved when we merge?

While beehives are not naturally saved during the demolition process, we will be re-granting beehives to players after the evolution. We do not yet have full details on how this will work, but it will most likely involve uprooting your beehive at a certain time to mark your character as owning a beehive in our logs.

Q. Will old players be able to use all of their no cooldown labor potions on older servers to get a load of labor on one of the Fresh Start servers?

As labor is managed at the account level, we do not know if there is a way we can throttle this. However, we will raise the concern with XL.

Q. When we log in after a server merge, where do we spawn? What will happen to our teleport book locations?

After the servers are merged, you will spawn where you were last standing on the server. Your teleport book will have all of your custom teleport locations removed, but you will retain your pre-deteremined NPC locations.

Q. Will workstations be packed up in the same way houses and farms are?

Yes.

Q. Is there a way to assure only prepacked houses and farms are placed in the opening land rush of a merged server?

With the current rules of land in ArcheAge, only 2 unbuilt designs can be placed down at a given time. Full kit designs (ones that don't require any materials to build and come fully built) are immediately considered built upon placement, so they won't impact your 2 unbuilt design limit.

Q. If we choose to transfer servers, do we still get an evolution compensation package?

No, these packages are only for those who participate in a physical server merge.

Q. What types of compensation packages are being offered?

We are currently offering compensation packages for 4 groups of people:

Anyone involved in a server merge.
Anyone who will have housing removed due to the Diamond Shores changes.
Guild Leaders who are in possession of Castles.
The members of guilds who owned castles.

These compensation packages are still being discussed with XL. When we have full details on what they will include, we will share them.

Each compensation package will contain items targeted towards the needs of each specific situation.

Q. Will any patch associated with the evolution be available to be downloaded in advance of the servers re-opening?

Yep! As ArcheAge will be unavailable for 2 days due to all of the maintenance work we will have to perform, any associated patch will be made available to all players at some point in that 2 day window. We added a significant buffer to the end of our maintenance to make sure we have everything in place, so the patch will be made available before the servers re-open.

Q. Will you offer us the ability to transfer from a high population server to another high population server?

This ability will not be included in the evolution transfers. We are looking into providing more open transfers in the future, after Update 2.0.

Q. Is there a risk of the login server becoming unavailable during the release of Morpheus and Rangora?

There is always a risk of this situation happening, and we will most likely see queues again when these servers launch. There is a large amount of hype around the servers and they will attract a large amount of people logging in simultaneously, just like the land rush on evolution servers.

Condemned Chrispy
08-14-2015, 03:47 PM
First!

Can we get an update on what castle compensation will be.

What if a guild owns castles and want to transfer to another server? Will they be provided compensation?

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 03:56 PM
What if we load up our 3 alts and still have things we can't store?

narra
08-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Just a thought. you could give bound expansion scrolls to each character level 15 and higher to give enough space for the move i know most would say go buy this but it is the merge that has made use need the space.

well it was just a thought

Aserghui
08-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Just a thought. you could give bound expansion scrolls to each character level 15 and higher to give enough space for the move i know most would say go buy this but it is the merge that has made use need the space.

This guy is right. 10/10 int

Solstis
08-14-2015, 04:54 PM
I still haven't seen anything addressing questions regarding yata and polar bear farms. There's a lot time and money invested to getting a good number of males let alone getting them in the right places, and I would like to know if there is any possible way to get the farms back in their previous state without having to spend another year trying to set them back up?

DjinniGenie
08-14-2015, 05:03 PM

I already have 130 inventory spaces, so an expansion scroll won't help me.

notebene
08-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Question!

I started packing up some materials I'm not using (but worked hard to obtain, so I'd rather not lose them, as regardless of their market value, they still represent time and labor) on some alts, and something @Khrolan was saying (or trying to say) about 'Yams' struck me.

Now, I 'hope' what he was saying was, "If you don't have room on your main and alts to get all your Yams in your inventory, then ... blah blah blah".

But it occurred to me, maybe he was saying something more sinister, like: "Regardless of whether or not you are able to fit everything in your inventory and warehouse, we're going to pass everything through a filter, since it's going to take so long and woe is our servers and ... blah blah blah ... so we may just delete iron ore and yams and wool and seeds and milk and whatever else we deem 'stupid' so we don't have to spend time moving it all over."

That's not going to happen, right? I mean, if you can get it in your warehouse and inventory, you keep it, right? :(

Gamepro03
08-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Will UI, Hotkeys, Chats, Settings, stay for each character/account?

Entitled
08-14-2015, 06:15 PM
What happens to the contents of the chests?

XSmoky
08-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Will you be making even more threads about the merge to further distribute peoples' raging and questions so that you can claim that you "didn't see that question posted"?

Jeapers
08-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Will leave game with merge , worked so hard and spent so much actually money to get the land I got and it is all going to go bye bye. When the servers go up only a select few will be able to get on like always because everyone is going to try to rush, there isn't a chance for anything. They need to refund my money.
I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

Jeapers
08-14-2015, 07:57 PM
If this was a different kind of MMO a merger (and it is a merger not an evolution changing name does not make it better) wouldn't matter as much but this game has made LAND valuable and no amount of money they give for the land will give back the true value of the land that was acquired.

DataDog
08-14-2015, 08:28 PM
I think the player-base should be given additional character slots and inventory expansion items to provide room for us to manually transfer our items via in-game mail, or provide us a better option to protect our investments. I think this would help to minimize the burden put on your customers.

Please and thank you

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?218469-Ask-your-questions-to-XL-and-Trion!&p=1879256&viewfull=1#post1879256

Kitwyn
08-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Thank you for the clear, concise write-up of the broadcast questions.

Kinya
08-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Regarding storage chests, these chests will be packed up during the merge and re-sent to you via in-game mail. We are looking into making sure that these emails will last for a longer period than usual in your inbox, so your storage chests aren't deleted if you aren't able to check them immediately after the merge.

Can we keep items in a storage chests during server merger? Or we have to unpack them and place them in warehouse?

qutee
08-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Is there anyway you can fix the items that only stack single or 100 per to all be 1000 per? That would make packing a lot nicer. All my cooking and alchemy items that you need to keep leveling takes up a lot of room. Also things like fence posts don't stack. :-(

Another suggestion that would be nice is if you would buy everything we put in the market to sale. Just a thought.

Buhg
08-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Will you be making even more threads about the merge to further distribute peoples' raging and questions so that you can claim that you "didn't see that question posted"?

Way! I just sort of stumbled upon this, yet another thread about the merge while looking for something else.

Trion, freaking get it together!

rawfox
08-15-2015, 05:46 PM
CANCEL THE EVOLUTION !!!!

You will end up, merging 2 low servers into 1 low server because people leave the game even more.
That is not in the best interrest of the game.
Entertaining the player is in the best interrest of the game.

Fix the broken game mechanics, revert the coinpurses back to loot, make the player feel successfull and honor the player for effort.
Entertain me, dont upset me.

No new servers = good decision
Repopulate old servers = good decision
Charackter transfer = excellent

Give us the ruleset and mechanics from the alpha and see your servers exploding by players.

Ryuna
08-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Will leave game with merge , worked so hard and spent so much actually money to get the land I got and it is all going to go bye bye. When the servers go up only a select few will be able to get on like always because everyone is going to try to rush, there isn't a chance for anything. They need to refund my money.
I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

I can only see them refunding the current month you are using otherwise don't expect an ENTIRE refund of your whole AA career because you were enjoying AA prior to this news.

steelblade
08-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Sorry just did not see this in any of the questions so I am asking for us that have two un-build (partial build) properties.

- Will un-build houses be counted when the evolution happens?
- Will we get compensation packages for those homes as well?
- Will I have to build in order to get credit?

It may be a stupid question but no question is stupid even if we know the answer.

Pwnocchio
08-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Q. How should we pack up our stuff to prepare for the server merge? What will happen to our storage chests?

When packing up your items, we suggest loading up your alts and making sure to get rid of anything you may not want to keep, like common crafting items or other types of common drops. Important items should be kept in your warehouse, inventory, or on your character.

Items that state that they will not be returned to you in a state of demolition MUST be placed into your inventory or warehouse.

Right now, houses and land pieces should be left in the world. They will be re-sent to you via the in-game mail system as a full kit, which means they can immediately be replaced in the world without requiring materials. They will require tax certifications, however.

Regarding storage chests, these chests will be packed up during the merge and re-sent to you via in-game mail. We are looking into making sure that these emails will last for a longer period than usual in your inbox, so your storage chests aren't deleted if you aren't able to check them immediately after the merge.

Suggestion. To ease the sensation of the abject screwing you are providing your customers, why not front load everyone on the impacted servers with a bunch of inventory/warehouse expansion scrolls.

If you do that, it will look less like you are being lazy in your migration code (and forcing a ♥♥♥♥ ton of organizational work on your customers) and it will also look less like you are strong arming your customers into buying said expansion scrolls from your cash shop.

patwest
08-16-2015, 02:43 PM
I already have 130 inventory spaces, so an expansion scroll won't help me.

It might help those of us who need to create alts to help with inventory though.

Dominumbro
08-16-2015, 06:37 PM
It's been stated a couple times here but I didn't notice it mentioned in the live stream on 8/14 so I have a two-fold question:

1. Are items attached to mail going to transfer? (I.e. if I just pack up all my chests and send myself 100 in game mails, will they transfer)
2. If 1 isn't going to work, how about offering a discount/special/bundle on expansion scrolls in the store similar to what you did with the labor pots (i.e. buy them at a discounted price or you buy X amount, you get Y free)? (I mean free would be ideal to ease the evolution inventory nightmare, but I would be willing to settle for something that eases the burden).

Thanks!

Jeremiah179
08-16-2015, 10:32 PM
This is my concern. The people WITH diamond shores property will have substantial holdings perhaps tied up in "kits".

We will log in and need a mail box. Then need to find our plan because we did not have an extra 1000 gilda or 3000 gilda or 500 etc. Laying around for extra plans.

Other folks will go directly to spot and lay down unbuild plan... with no intention of building... just selling plots back to the poor fools who wanted to stay in Diamond Shores.

I see the digging for plan to be an equal problem to the evolution servers as well... players with no land and plan already in inventory can drop 2+ properties (farms and 8x8s and work stations can be finished quickly) for the same plan listed above.

I am addressing the extremes for a reason... I understand some folks who always wanted a chance to move to DS will have this new chance, I am not arguing against this group at all, please do not twist the inquiry. I don't mind an equal shot, it is rough however if the land holders actually have disadvantage and have to be blackmailed for any compensation they received to buy land back (again) from land sellers.

It would be cool if there was a 24-48 hours prelaunch period where we could see our new homes, or in non merge servers cases, have DS shut down... then open with everyone having equal chance to be ready.

I cant even imagine if your character has a naming issue or something and you get blocked out of rush...

It would be cool if no land could be aquired for 24-48 hours somehow.

Athalahelm
08-17-2015, 06:18 AM
This is my concern. The people WITH diamond shores property will have substantial holdings perhaps tied up in "kits".

We will log in and need a mail box. Then need to find our plan because we did not have an extra 1000 gilda or 3000 gilda or 500 etc. Laying around for extra plans.

Other folks will go directly to spot and lay down unbuild plan... with no intention of building... just selling plots back to the poor fools who wanted to stay in Diamond Shores.

I see the digging for plan to be an equal problem to the evolution servers as well... players with no land and plan already in inventory can drop 2+ properties (farms and 8x8s and work stations can be finished quickly) for the same plan listed above.

I am addressing the extremes for a reason... I understand some folks who always wanted a chance to move to DS will have this new chance, I am not arguing against this group at all, please do not twist the inquiry. I don't mind an equal shot, it is rough however if the land holders actually have disadvantage and have to be blackmailed for any compensation they received to buy land back (again) from land sellers.

It would be cool if there was a 24-48 hours prelaunch period where we could see our new homes, or in non merge servers cases, have DS shut down... then open with everyone having equal chance to be ready.

I cant even imagine if your character has a naming issue or something and you get blocked out of rush...

It would be cool if no land could be aquired for 24-48 hours somehow.

Diamond Shores housing is going away with 2.0 release; I'd put more effort in finding land somewhere else if at all possible otherwise you'll be in the same situation with no possibility of 'free' land in the very near future.

steelblade
08-17-2015, 09:44 AM
please delete hit sent in error

steelblade
08-17-2015, 09:51 AM
I still haven't seen anything addressing questions regarding yata and polar bear farms. There's a lot time and money invested to getting a good number of males let alone getting them in the right places, and I would like to know if there is any possible way to get the farms back in their previous state without having to spend another year trying to set them back up?

Solstis

As mentioned above from Celestrata as well as livestream from this past Friday Link) http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/10940849

While beehives are not naturally saved during the demolition process, we will be re-granting beehives to players after the evolution. We do not yet have full details on how this will work, but it will most likely involve uprooting your beehive at a certain time to mark your character as owning a beehive in our logs.

As for Yata and Bear as per the live stream http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/v/10940849 it will not happen at the moment but as they said all things are subject to change.

Gideonne
08-17-2015, 07:37 PM
I really can't believe you don't have a definitive answer on chests. Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter as the Evolution would be more aptly named the "Exitlution" for me as I have no intention of struggling though another series of land rushes to reclaim what it took me many months to acquire.

FatherDude
08-17-2015, 07:50 PM
So, will there be any compensation for players who loose a fortune because the Devaluation...err.....Evolution is going to tank the Auction House prices meaning they will get coppers on the gold coin when selling off items to avoid loosing them, which I guess we will have to do because you can't give us a solid answer about what will happen to items in chests.

As I see it, this game was horribly mismanaged in the beginning and the problem continued through several upgrades and expansions. Player after player left the game out of frustration and the believe that Trion just didn't care about the players. This tanked the population of my server and others. There are those of us who have stayed though all of this, supporting this game, even promoting it to friends and family. Our reward for this loyalty? Pack up and hope for the best.

Well, I'll be packing up, but it will be to leave the game permanently. I've stuck through all the hard times and now Trion is going to take away what I spend untold amounts of time and gold on, my farms and give me a chance to get them back (though I work on Saturdays so that chance is really nil.

Thanks Trion, Many of my friends left saying you didn't care and I didn't believe them. But rather than spend some money on advertising and time of social media promoting the game you've decided to just make it smaller and if players get screwed who cares.

One question, with the "Exitlution" is completed, the dust settles and you realize you lost so many more players that these new merged servers are just new low-pop servers how will you address this? We people have to suffer through another merger?

terrons
08-17-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm getting out of this game, thank you for saving me 80 bucks on 4 accounts that I was playing.

You take away our land and names to merge the servers but yet you open 2 new servers, 2 new servers!, GENIOUS.

Why not reset everyone to lvl 1 and take away the gold and gear? you screw all the land owners that pay for the game and make all the free loaders happy. Great move.

What do we have to look forward to next year? another screw over when you decide to merge it all into one server because you pissed off all your customers and there is 10 people playing the damn game?

Oh, and don't forget to pack your junk up cause we can't transfer everything, do you even know how your own game works?

We have put up with all kinds of hacks, and down time, trolls, uncontrolled chat, no tech support, timed events that can't be finished on time cause your servers go down, hack shield that locks everyone out but the land hackers during the land grab. I'm done with this BS.

If anyone is stupid enough to still support this junk buy paying for it, well you have money to throw down the drain, waist it on what ever you want.
I don't mind paying for things that I enjoy, but I draw the line when I'm getting screwed and being told this is "good".

I'll make sure to tell everyone I know not to come near anything you guys make.

FreedomV
08-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Merge minimum 3 servers together please!!! Merging 2 dead servers will just end up with another new dead server, specially since ppl are allowed to transfer.

Rvyne
08-18-2015, 02:59 AM
Merge minimum 3 servers together please!!! Merging 2 dead servers will just end up with another new dead server, specially since ppl are allowed to transfer.

Agree! It should not be 3 evolve server but 2 (3 low pop each) they forgot to that many of this players will be migrating to high-pop or starting over to fresh server

Scrabba
08-18-2015, 04:33 AM

I haven't demolished any of my properties with items inside...what are items are considered "premium items"?

Kaios
08-18-2015, 06:34 AM
I haven't demolished any of my properties with items inside...what are items are considered "premium items"?

She said it, literally the items that state they "will not be returned to you" in their item description when you demolish a house, as in, pick those items up before you demolish or they will disappear.

So in this case those items that you would normally pick up before demolishing still need to picked up during this merge thing.

tiggs4e
08-18-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm confused, I was under the impression that low population servers would be merged with higher population servers. I've been a other servers as comparison and it seems valid. EXCEPT, in the case of Naima and Enla. Both have very HIGH nuian/elf populations. I know Naima's Firran population is lower. So shouldn't we have been merged with a low Nuian and high Firran server?

aariel2100
08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
What are you going to do to prevent bots from interfering when everyone rushes to get land after the new server opens? We know it will be a total land grab mess and don't need to compete with bots.

Dominumbro
08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Diamond Shores housing is going away with 2.0 release; I'd put more effort in finding land somewhere else if at all possible otherwise you'll be in the same situation with no possibility of 'free' land in the very near future.

According the live stream the housing isn't "going away", it's just being revamped. Existing housing is being wiped and they are doubling the housing available in an east versus west style. During the livestream Amaree actually pulls up the map for diamond shores and you can see a large green area and a large red area.

narra
08-19-2015, 02:18 AM
I know it my be dim. or just a pain in the rump. But a small salutation is to make other accounts run the two free character slots level 15 and boom 200 more slots to move your stuff. thing is that not everyone has extra email accounts to do this with. but it might help some.

Ryuna
08-19-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm confused, I was under the impression that low population servers would be merged with higher population servers. I've been a other servers as comparison and it seems valid. EXCEPT, in the case of Naima and Enla. Both have very HIGH nuian/elf populations. I know Naima's Firran population is lower. So shouldn't we have been merged with a low Nuian and high Firran server?

Exactly. This is probably one of the reasons why Kraken is going to be a dead server when it comes to the East faction.

OssericsPet
08-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Will partially built houses be packaged as-is, or will the player lose all materials put into the house at the time the merge occurs?

romonster
08-22-2015, 02:31 AM
Will partially built houses be packaged as-is, or will the player lose all materials put into the house at the time the merge occurs?
If you listen to the most recent livestream, that one was answered. Partially built houses won't be packaged.

Ctuchik
08-22-2015, 05:51 AM
Celestrata, you really need your volume turned down on the livestream. If I have you at a reasonable volume I can't hear the other two presenters, if I have them at a reasonable volume your voice is almost painfully loud!