PDA

View Full Version : The Spreading Flames event returns!

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-18-2015, 12:02 PM
The Spreading Flames event returns to ArcheAge from Thursday, August 20 to Sunday, September 20.

Find the Dragon Slayer and slay the fire-breathing beast before it leaves Erenor in ashes. Complete the hunt to earn Red Dragon Scales you can redeem for glider customizations as well as commemorative Red Dragonís Legacy or Enraged Red Dragonís Legacy cloaks!

Players of all levels can participate in the event at 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 4:00 PM PDT (15:00, 19:00, 23:00 GMT) every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This event will run for 4 weeks.
To start the event, locate the event NPC known as the Dragon Slayer in Lilyut Hills, Tigerspine Mountains, Growlgate Island, and Mirage Island.
Only one reward item can be obtained each day. The event duration will allow frequent participants to collect enough to craft the commemorative event cloaks.
NOTE: The Residual Dragonís Breath will only remain for one in-game hour, which is about five minutes. The event can be completed even after the fight ends.
NOTE: This event may be extended based on planned outage times.

Feel free to discuss this event in the thread below!

Larcen
08-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Oh noes! Does this mean the event goes -through- the merge, or that the merger will take place the weekend of the 25-27th? :(

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Oh noes! Does this mean the event goes -through- the merge, or that the merger will take place the weekend of the 25-27th? :(

If the merge itself impacts the event, we will extend the event to compensate. Additionally, any prior earned reward items for the event can be re-used in this current run.

Larcen
08-18-2015, 01:14 PM
If the merge itself impacts the event, we will extend the event to compensate. Additionally, any prior earned reward items for the event can be re-used in this current run.

Thanks for the response, could care less about the dragon event actually, that last weekend in Sept. coincides with a huge music festival in Atlanta. Will tentatively plan ahead for packing the Laptop.

logan backshot
08-18-2015, 01:18 PM
in the live stream, it was said that the haunted chest drop rate would be increased for the red dragon event, so people could upgrade there cloaks during the event? Does this mean the drop rate is only increased as of the 20th? not before or is this even happining?

FarmerPotato
08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
My character is going to be locked after august 25th, due to the server transfer application. Am I going to be able to participate in the event ? There will be many people in this situation, can you inform us ?

nilloc
08-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Again great times for Australia's.
1am 5am or 9am

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-18-2015, 02:28 PM
in the live stream, it was said that the haunted chest drop rate would be increased for the red dragon event, so people could upgrade there cloaks during the event? Does this mean the drop rate is only increased as of the 20th? not before or is this even happining?

Logan, the haunted chest rate will be generally increased with the August update. It won't be timed to the event itself. For more information on the August update, you can check out the patch notes on PTS: http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Public-Test-Server

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-18-2015, 02:29 PM
My character is going to be locked after august 25th, due to the server transfer application. Am I going to be able to participate in the event ? There will be many people in this situation, can you inform us ?

Yes, you will be able to participate in the event. Your character will simply be restricted from performing any actions that may break one of the transfer requirements. However, as long as your inventory isn't full, you'll be able to get and collect the reward items.

FarmerPotato
08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the answer, Celestrata !

Ricar
08-18-2015, 03:40 PM
NOTE: The Residual Dragonís Breath will only remain for one in-game hour, which is about five minutes. The event can be completed even after the fight ends.

I love how well you guys know your own game. 1 in-game hour = 10 minutes irl

Sociopath
08-19-2015, 02:13 AM
Oh good, another event timed when most people are at work for half of it.

Lshock
08-19-2015, 02:17 AM
Problem with the event for this one is that alot of players will be fully loaded up for transfer and are likely not able to participate in this one, any thought about that ?

Ryuna
08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
@Celestrata, Will Morpheus and Rangora have enough time for this event and the Blue Salt event?

Ragegauge
08-20-2015, 11:06 AM
so its the 20th @ 19:00gmt and no dragon.....it still spawns in same place or? is there a post i missed?

notebene
08-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Wouldn't the merge have to happen 'after' 9/8, since that's when the transfers happen? Aren't people being transferred off, presumably, before we merge?

Cailin
08-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Again great times for Australia's.
1am 5am or 9am

I really don't know why they don't spread it out more, i mean there are ppl who are working shifts etc too. Like maybe every 8 hours so you would end up with something like:

7am, 3pm, 11pm

Gamers in other time zones would have a way better chance than too. If you want to make it even friendlier add one more time in the afternoon and rearrange it a little (for NA).

AuGEM
08-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Is The dragon event going to be like a periodic event like every so often it is held. same for the Rok rafting too? is that also going to ocur periodically too?... Just wondering. I hope the dragon event will be held periodically

Darknix
08-20-2015, 08:40 PM
I work from 6am to 6pm, how the heck am I supposed to do this? Why are there NO event times after a standard work day???

InfiniteEVO
08-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Apparently you all cannot count and get the times right for this event either.
Fix the times to suit more people than only yourselves for a change.

phatty
08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
I love how TRION doesn't know how long 1 game hour is IRL. It seems they don't play the game. 6 minutes in game = 1 minute IRL. 1 hr in game = 10 minutes IRL. No need for approximations. Around 5 mins? lol

Drakkhen
08-24-2015, 08:06 AM
The Spreading Flames event returns to ArcheAge from Thursday, August 20 to Sunday, September 20.

As the EU didnt get this update til the early hours of Friday morning... we are missing out on a token. Is there any way this can be addressed?

arby
08-24-2015, 08:48 AM
3 times in 9 hours, then screw everybody that works or has family obligations or anything that might keep them away from the computer in that span? REALLY? Why not once every 8 hours to give everyone a chance? As it is you have a bunch of players hitting it 3 times a day and another bunch that can't hit it at all.... total crap, thanks for thinking about the community on that one.

Nuriya
08-29-2015, 03:29 AM
On the Evolution / 2.0 weekend - we have only 2 days (instead of 4) - do we get an extra weekend of the event?

FarmerPotato
08-30-2015, 11:18 PM
@Celestrata Does Haunted Chest drop rate turn back to normal on non-event days ?

JerryBoyle
09-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Are we extending the dragon event since only one day is available for this weekend?

Rahvin
09-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Are we extending the dragon event since only one day is available for this weekend?

You speak too soon Grasshoppa...game might go crashy-crashy tomorrow as well...might have no days...now snatch this from my hand.

Liloou
09-13-2015, 12:09 PM
whats about the red dragon? shouldnt he spawn 10 minutes ago?

northerner
09-14-2015, 04:49 AM
whats about the red dragon? shouldnt he spawn 10 minutes ago?

Hi, meet Celestrata...

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Red Dragon went into slumber in its lair during merge weekend and will return again next weekend, and possibly the one after that to account for this lost weekend.

Maybe @Celestrata can confirm?

Orio
09-14-2015, 05:00 AM
The dragon has not spawned since Thursday, september 10th.

By the way, lets spread some flames, but please Dont Try this at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcAido2x4I&feature=youtu.be&t=17m8s

BellaJTam
09-14-2015, 12:06 PM
@Celestrata Is there any word on an extension of the event considering the number of days the event was available WAS impacted by the server merges and extended downtime?

wewt
09-14-2015, 03:08 PM
3 times in 9 hours, then screw everybody that works or has family obligations or anything that might keep them away from the computer in that span? REALLY? Why not once every 8 hours to give everyone a chance? As it is you have a bunch of players hitting it 3 times a day and another bunch that can't hit it at all.... total crap, thanks for thinking about the community on that one.

I would like to second this gentleman's opinion. It's pretty ridiculous that those of us who work Th and F 8:00a-5:00p PDT get screwed when the funemployed crowd gets thrice the opportunity on these days. I know this will go unanswered, but what the heck were you thinking Trion?

Shyhalu
09-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know if people starting fresh on the new server still have a chance at earning anything worthwhile or fun from this event? Max amount of currency is only 4 days worth..

Pagan
09-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know if people starting fresh on the new server still have a chance at earning anything worthwhile or fun from this event? Max amount of currency is only 4 days worth..

For this event, if you're lucky you can either gamble on the dragon chests for 1 scale each(chance at either of the two backpieces(wings) or some archeum), if you collect 5 scales, you can choose either the regular wings or five chests, and if you collect 11 scales, you can choose the better wings or gamble it all away... you can also use the vendor on Mirage to add the wings to one of your cloaks(if you have the right ones, there's a list of them.. bounty works among others) as an image item plus whatever stats the wings may have had.

Sekkerhund
09-15-2015, 07:14 AM

As several previous posts have pointed out (rather insultingly), this information is incorrect and needs to be changed. The Residual Dragonís Breath remains for ten minutes, not five.

northerner
09-17-2015, 02:15 AM
Is the Red Dragon / Spreading Flames event coming back as of tonight (Thursday) until Sunday, and then again next weekend?

JerryBoyle
09-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Anybody know if he spawned today?

Celurian
09-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Anybody know if he spawned today?

He just spawned on the new Server.
Make sure you check the right time. For European central Time it means GMT+2.
17 - 21 - 1

Liloou
09-19-2015, 04:07 AM
Does the event ends tomorrow or will it be extended since the dragon didnt spawn last weekend at all due to the merge?

Tikus
09-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi Celestrata <3,

I would like also to know if this event is going to be extended.

Thank you.

Shyhalu
09-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Bump also looking for word on this :x

Pagan
09-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Re: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?226029-Anniversary-Event-Update-UPDATED-9-17&p=1940545#post1940545

09-09-2015 10:54 AM http://cdn.trionworlds.com/archeage/forum/dev_post_notification.png (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?226029-Anniversary-Event-Update-UPDATED-9-17&p=1941517#post1941517) #9
Celestrata (http://forums.archeagegame.com/member.php?20216721-Celestrata)
http://forums.archeagegame.com/images/statusicon/user-online.png
Community Manager Join DateJun 2015LocationAustin, TXPosts1,133

http://cdn.trionworlds.com/archeage/forum/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mwu http://cdn.trionworlds.com/archeage/forum/last-right.png (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?p=1940531#post1940531)
Dear Celestrata, what about the Red Dragon Event that would be in conflict with the server merger?

As stated in that initial announcement, we may extend that event due to our maintenance periods.

NickTheCanadian
09-20-2015, 05:48 AM
Is this event going to be extended? As the merger did affect it, there are three days people were unable to do the event. When will we be hearing any word on if it will, or will not be extended?

Liloou
09-20-2015, 07:38 AM
it even have been 4 days, last week thursday - sunday. i tired on EU server on sunday evening but even there the dragon didnt appeared guess due to the merge on NA still was going on.

Poisonivy
09-21-2015, 02:20 PM
I too hope this event is extended. I tried looking for the dragon 7pm EST Sunday the 13th on Kraken server and it wasn't there. Because of the merge, I'm short 1 scale :(

Vallitseva
09-21-2015, 11:19 PM
I did not see any announcement but last week when he spawned you could do him 3 times a day as the quest was changed from daily to repeatable. I just hope that this was not the extension that was meant but just a change from the patch because otherwise I can already see the outrage starting :/

Longrod Von Hugendong
09-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Can we please get an answer if this is being extended or not, it really sucked missing the whole weekend of the merge from servers being down and then him not spawning when they came back up.

Taikai
09-22-2015, 10:33 PM
It should be extended for 1 more weekend due to the unexpected delay with the patch/merge. Its a small thing but its a step in the right direction to make the community a little happier.

Pagan
09-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Any word yet on whether I need to set my alarm for tomorrow morning?

Longrod Von Hugendong
09-24-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm at work, so if someone can confirm if it's still going on when it's spawn time I would appreciate it. I'll be leaving work early to get there in time if it is still going on.

Thank you.

Maugrem
09-24-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm at work, so if someone can confirm if it's still going on when it's spawn time I would appreciate it. I'll be leaving work early to get there in time if it is still going on.

Thank you.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?233896-No-Dragon-event-so-much-for-extending-it-another-weekend-because-of-the-lost-one.

Strop
09-24-2015, 08:05 AM
No spawn, so guess it has not been extended, sad.

Pagan
09-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Nothing happening on Eanna and yes, I had set my alarm just in case they came through as per the above suggestion from Celestrata. :/

Dendail
09-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Nothing happening on Eanna and yes, I had set my alarm just in case they came through as per the above suggestion from Celestrata. :/

Lol I did the same thing because I am off today... yea not too happy about this...

Longrod Von Hugendong
09-24-2015, 08:35 AM
That really sucks, I don't know why they give false hope like that saying it may be extended due to maintenance then not say ♥♥♥♥ about out one way or the other leaving us to be disappointed when it isn't extended. ♥♥♥♥ing sucks for anyone that's a scale or 2 short that was depending on not getting screwed out of the whole merger weekend not happening.

Strop
09-24-2015, 08:36 AM
just wish poeple like the Community Manager would actually tell us these things so we knew and didnt waste our time but I am guessing Trion actually have no clue either.

Kytt
09-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Per Khrolan on 9/10 (the first day of the downtime weekend)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?226291-No-Red-Dragon-Event-Today&p=1942970&viewfull=1

Hi,

We had to disable the event from spawning today due to the preparation for the 2.0 content. Rather than cut the weekend short (missing 6 spawns due to downtime) we opted to extend the event two weekends following the 2.0 update. You'll still have your chance to get scales. Sorry for the confusion.

-Khro

Once upon a time I was pretty sure everyone knows how to count (at least to 5) and what counts as a weekend. Now, not so sure.

Poisonivy
09-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Any word on what is happening here yet? Figured maybe they would push Thursday/Friday to weekend instead? Did it appear today?

Kytt
09-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Any word on what is happening here yet? Figured maybe they would push Thursday/Friday to weekend instead? Did it appear today?

Per Celestrata, "Most likely he's not coming this week, but he will be reappearing in future weeks. We'll keep you posted!"

Posted in the most recent thread in General Discussion. So, Dragon gone until further notice.

Longrod Von Hugendong
10-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Had anyone checked if Dragon is spawning?

Longrod Von Hugendong
10-01-2015, 11:13 AM
So, I'm guessing by the lack of complaints that spraying flames is up and running today? I'm at work, so I can't check myself.

Kytt
10-01-2015, 08:32 PM
So, I'm guessing by the lack of complaints that spraying flames is up and running today? I'm at work, so I can't check myself.

Gone until further notice. As in, Dragon's done for now.

Longrod Von Hugendong
10-02-2015, 05:35 AM
Gone until further notice. As in, Dragon's done for now.

But, Celestrata said last week that it was intended to be extended and he would return in the coming weeks. I don't know why she would lie about that, it doesn't make any sense to say that and not follow through with it.

Traciatim
10-02-2015, 06:18 AM
But, Celestrata said last week that it was intended to be extended and he would return in the coming weeks. I don't know why she would lie about that, it doesn't make any sense to say that and not follow through with it.

You haven't been playing Trion games very long have you? I'll give you a hint: Never trust anything they say until you see it/test it for yourself.

Kytt
10-02-2015, 12:00 PM

I posted this quote on the prior page: Per Celestrata, "Most likely he's not coming this week, but he will be reappearing in future weeks. We'll keep you posted!"

That was posted in a thread in the general discussion forum, not gonna look it up for a link, sorry.

Note the "We'll keep you posted!" part. Until they say the dragon's returning, don't expect him. Maybe it'll be back next week, maybe 6 months from now. Celestrata doesn't get to make all the decisions by herself but still has to have answers for us even when those answers aren't fully known, decided yet, ect. An official update in the official thread would be nice, however.

Editing to add: Trion doesn't do coding on this game so when they say they want us to have something, that's all they're saying. They need to not only convince poppa XL that a change should be made, they have to wait for poppa to do the coding and provide a patch. Hence, communication disasters, event screw ups, and unfulfilled or delayed promises.

Pagan
10-08-2015, 12:11 PM
@Celestrata, Another week with no event... is there a schedule yet for its return, or is it going to be lumped in with Hallowe'en like it was for the Anniversary resulting in mass chaos overall?

Deathphoenix
10-13-2015, 08:59 AM
can we get this event at lest one more time?

Pansi
10-27-2015, 10:05 AM
I was really hoping to have at least one more weekend of this event before Hallowe'en so I could at least dress up with the wings. It's really hard to look Hallowe'enish without anything evil to wear without spending an arm and a leg in the cash store. :(

Pagan
11-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Please bring this back as promised.....