PDA

View Full Version : Random black screen/crash during gameplay

Aida
07-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Hey ! My friend is getting random black screen / crash during game play.

- Everything work fine for a while and suddenly ( randomly between 2-30 min of gameplay ) everything become black on her screen, the mouse cursor still appear and the audio seem to keep on playing.

- Tried changing from DX11 to DX9, not much change.

- Tried window mode and full screen, no change

- Graphic card : geforce gtx 650 Ti with up to date drivers.

- She does have multiple screens, but even with disabling the 2nd screen it crash.

I've seen a lot of black screen/crash during the intro video ( she does have that as well but work around with escape key ) but I haven't read much about black screen during gameplay.

Thanks

Kagosin
08-22-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm getting the same issue myself. Have tested the same factors above. However my issue varies a little

Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 550ti
Ram: 8gb
CPU: i5 2500k

It happens a bit random to me, but the key difference is when the black screen hits, my display is off for about 5 seconds, and then it takes about 1 minute before the game "reloads" back on, as in it has the loading screen before popping the game display back open.

This is the only game i've encountered in the past few years that has this weird display crashing issue that I have experienced. Usually a game would just crash out completely, but this feels like it "resets" in some fashion.

Rutzs
09-14-2014, 12:32 PM
I have the same issue, was playing, and randomly crashed into blackscreen. Have never experienced a similar crash before, both monitors died and had to reboot PC.

2x GTX 570 SLI
GeForce 340.52 Driver
Intel I7 920 2.66Ghz
12Gb DDR Ram
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA
Windows 8

Indigow
09-14-2014, 12:48 PM
It's not your fault , neither it is something you can fix.
Sadly - this is just how it is.

Lunia
09-14-2014, 01:16 PM
I get this too....

Gtx 660 oc
GeForce 340 Driver
Intel 15 3330 3.0ghz
8GB ddr3 ram
Windows 8

WirlWind
09-14-2014, 09:26 PM
It's not your fault , neither it is something you can fix.
Sadly - this is just how it is.

Well I hope they fix this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ soon, nothing like getting in 10 minutes of gameplay (after an hour queue) only to randomly crash out and have to sit through another ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hour long queue...

Fix your ♥♥♥♥, Trion...