PDA

View Full Version : Questions Regarding Housing & Scarecrows

Dark_Pegasus
04-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,

I've been watching the livestreams and have tried to pick up as much as I can regarding housing. However I'm hoping a couple of the veterans will be able to help me please. :)

1. Would a farm-house, small scarecrow and large scarecrow be maintainable in terms of rent over the long term?
2. When you place more than 3 buildings, is the rent increase really that horrendous?
3. When the game launches, would it be better to rush for several small scarecrows in order to secure a decent spot or is it really not that important when it comes to location?
4. Is having a bigger house at max level a necessity? Or are you able to fit everything you'd need into a small one?
5. Have the housing areas filled up within a week/a short time on any of the other launches?

Thanks in advance!

Nyilaira
04-12-2014, 11:30 AM
I can answer you the 3.
Yes, people will go for the best places as it is very important when it comes to trade runs. You also have to take in consideration that crops get affected by climate so is important where you settle.

About 5. I would not bother. Archeage is a really big game and the world is not fully opened yet. There are some areas that are not available yet, they will come with patches. I've heard lots of veterans saying that even in the RU server, there's space, not as strategical as the best ones, but is possible to put a house.

The rest of the questions. I think it depends on what you really want to do in game. I think prices are not set yet so no idea how maintanable all that is going to be. Depending on what you earn is where the difficulty is ;)

Zenjirr
04-12-2014, 11:32 AM
1. Its perfectly maintainable if u're playing the game. The more property u have the bigger the taxes. Like 1 Large pumpkin tax is 3g, but if you build more and more it can get to 6g xD
2. The tax on RUS is not bad at all, so cant comment on TRION version, because KR had quite high taxes when exceeding the 3 buildings. (If my memory serves me right on rus version I have 3 underwater farms, 2 large scarecrows, 1 small house and i pay 6g for each property, so its 6 x 6 = 36g, but I make a lot more than that. Also you share spaces with your FAMILY so the farming expands even more :)
3. Usually u can find a spot for small scarecrow, the problem is to find a place for LARGE scarecrow. Location is important - if it has sea access, if its near the underwater farms etc.
4. You can fit everything u want in a small house :) The house even has some area outside it, so u can place packs, grow some trees or flowers :)
5. Prime locations usually fill up pretty fast, but as the time progresses, you can reclaim more and more, just need to camp the expiration times. Also you usually can find place it might be not the best one, but u'll be able to place a house or 2 :)

All my opnions are based on AA RU version experiences :)

Senichiro
04-12-2014, 11:33 AM
2. every building costs more yes

5. archeage got enough place to build in it

Dark_Pegasus
04-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! This makes things much clearer, much appreciated. :)

Voom
04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
On the last "Exploring ArchAge" Trion Stream they specifically showed a Island in the middle of the Ocean that is so secluded and it doesn't even appear on the World Map. It appears there are several of these "unmapped" islands hidden throughout the world. So even if the more popular, obvious spots (close to big cities) get filled fairly quickly, there will still be these hidden, out of the way tracks of land that can be discovered and claimed.

Additionally, the end game is shaping up to mostly take place on the Northern Continent, especially given the news about the game coming from Korea. Jake Song recently said in an MMORPG interview that they plain to focus on PVP and nation/faction building. Once all those features are in the game the more "high end" players will be focused on Auroria and creating their own countries there, leaving plently of space and opportunity for housing on the main West and East continents.

With the tax requirement for housing upkeep I think we'll always have a supply of foreclosed properties that can be re-purchased by active players.

MacNicol1
04-12-2014, 02:35 PM
1. Would a farm-house, small scarecrow and large scarecrow be maintainable in terms of rent over the long term? you can only have 1 land farm and 1 underwater farm. you cannot have a small and large
3. When the game launches, would it be better to rush for several small scarecrows in order to secure a decent spot or is it really not that important when it comes to location? that's what im going to be doing because i really want a good location.

Dark_Pegasus
04-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.; two quick follow up questions-

1. Are there any particular zones that best suit houses? For example, does it matter where your house is in a level 21 -30 or level 11 - 20 zone?

2. Do you know of any excellent areas you'd be willing to share? Thanks! :)

Legion
04-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.; two quick follow up questions-

1. Are there any particular zones that best suit houses? For example, does it matter where your house is in a level 21 -30 or level 11 - 20 zone?

2. Do you know of any excellent areas you'd be willing to share? Thanks! :)

Most important places will be starting locations and locations close to water, Mahadevi, Villanelle