PDA

View Full Version : Still Error 1005

Skendar
08-01-2014, 01:41 AM
I have the problem where it displays error 1005. The error is displayed right after the download of the whole game finishes (or right before I can't really tell). Then every time after I update it checks local files for 15 minutes and displays the same error again. I have done every single fix offered in the support website and I even did the fix that some member posted about removing the read only from the files. As far as I understand its because I have glyph and my game installed on my D: drive and not on C:, but i cannot do anything about that cause my computer simply doesnt have enough space on C: (its a bit old).

I think this is a problem that bothers many people and I have yet to see any1 actually fix error 1005 despite the fixes offered. Most people just use another computer or something like that, which is something I frankly cannot afford to do cause I have only one computer.

Fasti
08-01-2014, 01:53 AM
Can you tell me what specific steps you have tried so I reduce the number of duplicate steps I suggest?

I'd start with disabling, or completely uninstalling, any antivirus software you use. Also try disabling your firewall completely until the game is up and running. At that point, you can enable/install those again.

Skendar
08-01-2014, 02:12 AM
I have done both of those, I have also ended background tasks and services, ran glyph as admin, reinstalled glyph (and the game) a few times, and deleted the glyph appdata folder a few more times.

Fasti
08-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Go to your Documents folder and look for the ArcheAge folder found there. Rename that folder to ArcheAgeOLD then restart Glyph and see if you can get into the game.

If not, and if you don't have the ability to install Glyph and ArcheAge to your default C: drive, make sure to update your help ticket with the steps you have tried and wait for the team to provide some additional one on one steps.

Thanks.

Skendar
08-01-2014, 03:17 AM
If I rename to ArcheAgeOLD it makes me download the game again...

Fasti
08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
If I rename to ArcheAgeOLD it makes me download the game again...

Sorry for the confusion, the ArcheAge folder I am talking about is in your Documents folder, not your Program Files or Glyph folders. The ArcheAge folder in your Documents folder stores many of your settings, but no game data so it will not require a new download.

If you're still running into problems, make sure to submit a ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478).

Skendar
08-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Theres no ArcheAge folder in my Documents. I am guessing that is so because the game is either not properly downloaded or the applying process doesnt get far enough to get data on ArcheAge.