PDA

View Full Version : Celestrata: I found this in the archives of aa.mail.ru - the russian merge

DevTracker
09-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Celestrata - I certainly don't envy you your job. I can't imagine how much Morgan&Coke I would go through a night managing this place. I understand you are limited to what Scott wants you to release.However, I do believe that a lot of the uneasiness with this process (after the shock wore off) could have been resolved by posting what XL's merge process is (even RU's process and results were) AND a list of what items you wanted to XL Games to change. Then we could have seen progress. Plan for the worst (RU's process) and hope for the best (changes made to RU's process). Right now, we, the player base, feel like we have been kept in the dark with half-answers and might-bes. Even up to yesterday, I didn't feel like I could trust what we did hear to be the truth because so much still felt like it was in flux. Now that we see RU's process (that actually happened), we can get down to figuring out what we need to do as a player base.Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe it's time to start looking at "What can we change in the next set of merges and how can we communicate it better?"I wish you the best. I think that is a very good point. However, in the realm of good news, we do have the 2.0 candidate build and it is being run through testing, including merge case testing. We hope to have it up on PTS for everyone as soon as possible. We wanted it to be up sooner, but there wasn't a solid candidate build any earlier. But, we've been able to test edge cases, and this will answer many questions people have been asking. I'd like to begin assembling a master post that will detail exactly how this will go down and get that to everyone asap.As to your last sentence, it is our intention to make sure we don't have to do this again for quite a while. We can't say never, because things can always change, but we don't want to do it again any time soon.

Jump to post... (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?t=223962&p=1922248&viewfull=1#post1922248)