PDA

View Full Version : Strong support choices with Songcraft

Slypho
09-10-2015, 02:27 AM
I'm looking for a strong support class for 2.0 using Songcraft.
Also I'd like to find a build to level up quickly with Songcraft included (so I don't have to level it afterwards).

I have found a couple options already but not sure which of these will be viable/strong in 2.0:

Earthsinger (Songcraft/Defense/Sorcery)
Tomb Warden (Songcraft/Defense/Auramancy
Nightbearer (Songcraft/Defense/Shadowplay)
Caretaker (Songcraft/Defense/Vitalism)
Poxbane (Songcraft/Defense/Witchcraft)

Any information regarding the position of any of these classes in 2.0 would be greatly appreciated!

Kashi
09-10-2015, 02:51 AM
Sorcery and Shadowplay both do enough damage that you can use them as main dps trees to level with. Any of the others you listed and you'll be in agony unless you have a leveling partner. Though if you really want to use one of the ones with very little dps, you could level up with mostly labor.

Free
09-10-2015, 03:06 AM
Earthsinger (Songcraft/Defense/Sorcery)
Tomb Warden (Songcraft/Defense/Auramancy
Nightbearer (Songcraft/Defense/Shadowplay)
Caretaker (Songcraft/Defense/Vitalism)
Poxbane (Songcraft/Defense/Witchcraft)

Earthsinger & Poxbane i see theses class more for DMG.
I like so much Caretaker, but dont have movement and spend too much MP.
So imo, the best bards are Tom Warden and Nightbearer.

M0rdresh
09-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Look at "support" in the context of Songcraft I think Tomb Warden is the purest and can offer dedicated four song performances.
The others will, or will be tempted, to use other abilities and break song synergy. In that regards I find the Tomb Warden the best bard and thus the best "support", healers are a different category in my book.

Some frown down on the support role and under-appreciate the buffs, but with the buzz around 2.0 I think this will change.

Arkray
09-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Whirlwind Blessing is OP, stacks with songs and it can change the fate of a battle, so I would definitely pair vitalism with songcraft as a support/buffer class.

In the old days pre level 55 I would have chosen Tomb Warden or Nightbearer too but nowadays Caretaker, Confessor or Cleric would be my choices.

Having vitalism doesn't mean you should be the main healer, leave that duty to someone more focused on that, even as cleric you can act just as a pure bard, communicate with your people and leave your role clear.

Zirconi
09-10-2015, 11:09 AM
It depends what your main focus is.

Cleric is an amazing PvE healer/support.

Go Caretaker for Support with off-healing for PvP.

Poxbane plays 1v1 arena very well, you only need 4 songcraft skills for it to work. Poxbane is decent support but I would rather play caretaker in open-world.

Earthsinger is good for dps and is a lot of fun to play, but it's missing some essential cc and cc mitigation I think.

If you're levelling songcraft without a group, take sorcery for dps and select auramancy or witchcraft for mana/health regeneration. You can also take shadowplay, occultism or vitalism as the third skill set if you really want, but meditate/play dead are too good for PvE to pass up in my opinion. (Songcraft is very mana hungry so auramancy/witchcraft is pretty much essential if you don't want to spend too much gold on mana pots and soup.)