PDA

View Full Version : More Glyph problems

Skendar
08-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Desspite still not having a fix for error 1005, now every time i open the glyph client it downloads it again and prompts me to download archeage again. I cannot just open my old installed glyph with installed archeage in it. Anyone got a clue about this?

Scorpion
08-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Hey Skendar,

Is Archeage still installed in your glyph folder? Should be at C:\Program Files\Glyph\Games or somewhere around there. Unless you set your down destination folder.

Fasti
08-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Where do you have Glyph and ArcheAge installed on your PC? Glyph will sometimes launch and provide a progress bar for updates, though it's similar to an install, it isn't. I had this myself once today. If, you double-click on the Glyph icon and it fully installs the client on every launch, that's definitely something we'll want to get squared away. Before taking on time consuming steps, make sure it's on every single launch. If it is, start off by going through these Glyph troubleshooting steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1744), including deleting Glyph and the Glyph folder from your AppData.

Once that is done, restart your PC before attempting to install Glyph again. After installing Glyph go to the Settings and select ArcheAge Beta. Make sure the Install path found here is set to the actual location where the Beta is currently installed.

If Glyph and ArcheAge are not both installed to the default position on your C: drive you can run into errors such as the 1005 message you have received, so it's best to install there. If that's not possible, make sure Glyph and ArcheAge are installed to the same hard drive.

Thanks!

Skendar
08-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Since I have done all of the glyph troubleshooting i can do for error 1005, i will just describe the problem with more detail now that i examined it a bit. My primary glyph folder in program files will make me download a new glyph no matter what I do. Then the new glyph is installed in a new folder outside of program files and will no matter what make me download archeage again from scratch (even after putting all the files there myself).

Fasti
08-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Make sure to follow the steps I provided above before trying any additional changes.

What is the current installation location of Glyph, on which hard drive? Go ahead and list it in this format for me: Hard Drive Letter:\Program Files\Glyph

When you launch Glyph what is the installation path of the new installation? Use that same format for me, please.

If you install it again and when launching that new installation it creates a third installation, using that same format, what is the third installation path?

The more specific information you can provide, the better.

Skendar
08-02-2014, 03:24 AM
First off, I reinstalled glyph and restarted my computer. Didn't find any glyph folder on appdata. I always run as admin but i double checked, firewall has exception, so do antivirus programs, and i have ended background tasks and services.

Now, my primary glyph folder is on D:\Program Files\Glyph. The second glyph folder which is downloaded on its own is on D:\(Weird symbols i don't get), its a new folder it makes on its own anyway. The second glyph folder will run glyph but it makes me download archeage again. If i try to run my primary glyph again then it downloads glyph on the same location of the second glyph, which is the folder it created on D:\.

Fasti
08-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Did you download Glyph specifically for ArcheAge or do you use any other Trion Worlds games? Did you pick up any of our games via Steam and install Glyph that way, or was it a direct download from our site?

If you can uninstall Glyph from your D: drive and install it to your C: drive, that would be the ideal scenario. Once the Glyph client is on the C: drive you can Cut your Beta folder and Paste it to the Games folder within your new Glyph installation on the C: drive.

However, if you don't have enough room on your C: drive for both Glyph and ArcheAge just update your support ticket (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478) to include all this information so our support team doesn't duplicate steps.

Skendar
08-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I cannot do C: drive, and i downloaded glyph for archeage, from the website not steam. I have updated the ticket 4 times but noone ahs responded yet, I actually started the ticket more than two days ago.

Burebista
08-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I cannot do C: drive, and i downloaded glyph for archeage, from the website not steam. I have updated the ticket 4 times but noone ahs responded yet, I actually started the ticket more than two days ago.

i do not think is anybody there loking at our tikets ..... i send 3 tikets all of them different issues... at a different distance betwen them ... 3h~1day ... all replyed back after 2 day's since last tiked
and all of them was the same crap writen in to them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Response By Email (GM Kotar) (08/05/2014 03:39 PM)
Hello,

I'm sorry to see that the article you reviewed did not assist you with your issue. I've looked over your feedback and will be taking it into consideration for our future updates. If you're experiencing a separate issue that you still need assistance with, and don't already have an incident with our Customer Support team open, please reply back to this email so we can route your ticket to the appropriate team.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

GM Kotar
Manager, Customer Support
Trion Worlds Inc. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
all 3 were recived in same second.... like they have a RoBoT for this... ... feel like nobody cares....

Skendar
08-06-2014, 01:33 AM
yep same here, very disappointed

Burebista
08-06-2014, 03:07 AM
i bypass the Glyph issue..... i reinstaled a fresh windows 8 ( i did not run 8.1 update )
seems that i had a virus that was related to slow down computers... browsers... . As my pc is fast didn;t saw any difference
What to say dunno if virus was the problem... or the windows version , all i know is that i can open game... but now it's crashing to the second video that i cannot pass :)

i need to keep my calm... i will go in mountains and try to find my inner rythm.... because if i will keep try play this game,,, i will breake something... hope not my laptop... it's a f*** expensive one

Yazura
09-18-2014, 04:14 AM
I got my glyph file in my D drive, because C drive full, downloading archeage now... hope it works!