PDA

View Full Version : Character related crash

sosueme
08-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Whenever I load 1 of my 4 characters the game crashes to the desktop 2 or 3 seconds after being in the game. My other 3 characters load just fine. I thought maybe the crash was related to my machine/drivers and a specific location in the game world. That's not the case. I've moved all of my characters the same location as the one that crashes the game and cannot replicate the crash with any other character.
I haven't deleted the character yet and I'm unsure what other information to provide.

sosueme
08-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Since beta2 ended I've bee playing alpha and same issue persists. This time the character is irrelevant. I've now lost 3 fairly high level characters to this glitch/bug or whatever it is. Literally hundreds of dollars spent on characters that can never be played again (I know alpha and beta toons aren't permanent, but still). I don't know what to do at this point. I've tried changing all video settings and nothing seems to stop this inevitable crash.
The location of all of my now unplayable characters is Dewstone Plains. I've even tried recalling to another location before the crash occurs but recall isn't fast enough.

I'm running:
Win8.1 64
GeForce GTX 680
AMD FX 8350 4.2GHz
8.00 GB RAM

any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Gumball
08-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Yea, this happened to me 2 days ago. My freshly minted lvl 50 toon was just exploring around Auroria when I started having crashes to desktop. There no hardware nor software changes, and I just cannot explain why, after weeks of flawless gameplay, this happened.

Now, I cant log in to that toon. The progress bar will hit 100%, and boom, back to desktop without any error message. Done all the necessary graphics lowering tweaks to no avail.

If this is persistent for lvl 50s, then this is a BIG PROBLEM FOR END-GAME.