PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on this build?

PoketheBear
04-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Okey. So i don't really know what how to do effective builds. But that don't really matter at the moment.
But i have a idea of what I would want my build to do. Stealth in. lock down a target. possible nuke it down, and get out all this with a two hander if possible. since why the hell not :P

Okey so here is the skill build i came up with so far.

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/HChvAxGK7a2Karche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/HChvAxGK7a2K

So any pointer on what skill actually are good. or is there any ones here I should replace entirely?

Booyah
04-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I've heard on several youtube videos that having more than two or three points in passives is wasteful. There's a lot of instant cast skills that would benefit you more. Not sure how much truth it holds but you could maybe take energy wave in the will tree over something like increased attention

xusic
04-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Hey, I cover this build briefly in a thread I posted the other day http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?2152-Common-Assassination-Builds-with-Videos! Theres a couple videos if you'd like to see how the build plays in that thread.

I agree with Booyah in that you're not getting much out of the tanky passives you've chosen and miss out on important things like Perforation, Break chains, Earthquake, Backflip, and Detection of Weakness.

PoketheBear
04-12-2014, 11:24 PM
okey. thanks for all the feedback. i just felt that i would end up with to many abilities that i would end up not using if i would go deeper in the finesse en end up with unnecessary amount of death wish stack that i would be able to spend. and to keep the skill rotation simple. and since the build is close combat based I wanted to have options what would make me able to survive in a pvp fight with multiple enemies when i done my job of picking off a sole target.

Keter
04-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Its not finish lol :

Ok so ur build have Physical dps 8/12,magical attacks : 5 ~ Protection : 7 weakening : 7 Reinforcement : 9

so u must focus on the physical Dps,so warrior and assassins path.

In warriors path:

i would suggest to erase "whirlwind" cause for makes the effect "reversal" u need to slow first,and u dont have any slow in this build
and then erase "pull over",i know its a good skill versus sorcerers and ranged dps,but well
Take "rage" instead of prestidigitation,better have a burst for 30 sec
and take passive skill "precision" u r forced to use dual wields.
and i erased too the passive :turning blades wich is useless.

in the will tree,since its not a magical dps build,u must erase some:

"energy explosion" useless
"blink" not completely useless but if its just for show a cool teleport u must have to take power of life for up ur life bar,
"strong will" is keeped
"unbeatable" to keep
"theft" to keep
and in the passive ,i only keep the first "absorption of power"

assassins tree:

plunge,back flip,invisibility,perforation,shadowstep for use with phantom blow in warriors path,"increased attention",that i erased,and the primary passives buffs : "detection of weakness" and "deathwill" that are the best choices for dps physical.and also a Pve skill "instantaneous impact other wise u dont have any thing to dps normally.

that look like this :

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/Ts8vUm7Ktbkv

so the combo to use in order:

firs u activate Rage,and unbeatable,invisibility for hide and when the opponent is near, activate energy shield,then follwing sequences :

rush ,triple blow (only one press) for reaversal,bolt of heaven,plunge,perforation (2nd reaversal)shadowstep,for being behind him while is knocked down,phantom blow for make a critical behind him,then

backflip for being far and use at the final theft for sleep him and wait the cooldown of ur skills

u have buffs power of life that up ur life bar,a dispell :strong will,and a little dps :instantaneous impact.

thats all,hope that ll helps :)

PoketheBear
04-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Sure does. but why would i be forced to be duel wield? are there any spells in this build that forces me to go duel wield beside the passive? because one of the points whit me not taking precision was because I did plan to go with a 2-hander.

Keter
04-13-2014, 03:20 AM
Ok then 2 Hander does not give any extra buff on the skills u use,and nor any speedy weapons,its just for show my Big weapon and even statistics on it are like the same i think,than dual wields.

PoketheBear
04-13-2014, 03:27 AM
Okey. so i do not lose any extra damage from using a 2 hander over Duel wield other then the extra damage from the passive? sorry if annoying. I'm not just not understanding to 100%

kiukiu
04-13-2014, 03:44 AM
find extra skill point for skill unbeatable, esle every meele class gonna pwn u 1v1

Keter
04-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Yes i dont think that u gain overpowered with a 2H,dual wields are more quick and u gain an extra buff,that make more speedy ur attacks by 7% or something like that,and some of the dps physical skills get a damage buff efficiency.

someone can confirm?

PoketheBear
04-13-2014, 03:47 AM
Okey. from what you have said about the ability's i made some changes to my build accordantly, its not 100% of what you told me to do. I tried to keep it simple.
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/8s6vUm7K3PkK
Got earthquake For the slow to combo with Rush, whirlwind, and theft. I understand that this might not be most optimal option. but I don't really see why I would go for Instantaneous Impact when I have Tripple Blow as no cd damage ability other then building up Deathwill stacks. then i only have one ability use up the stacks with. it do a ♥♥♥♥ tone of damage I wont ignore that. this way i have alot of combos that trigged by the same spells.

Edit: broken link

kiukiu
04-13-2014, 03:48 AM
2h swords got like 20-25% higher base attack damage, but if i remember correctly rapier is better choice.

PoketheBear
04-13-2014, 03:52 AM
Yes i dont think that u gain overpowered with a 2H,dual wields are more quick and u gain an extra buff,that make more speedy ur attacks by 7% or something like that,and some of the dps physical skills get a damage buff efficiency.

Ah. if thats the Case i can understand going for Duel wield instead of a 2-hander

Keter
04-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Yes ,poke the bear u found ur build,i maked some mistake in my reply.

Angband
04-13-2014, 04:27 AM
This is starting to look better Pokethe! You can always tell something's wrong when you have 4 combos only (like what we could see in the first build).

As for the improved version, getting the backflip was a wise decision as well, it's pretty mandatory to pick it if you want to make the most of the calling tree!

PoketheBear
04-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Thank for all the feedback folks! I'm off to try and get some sleep now. Will check back in after that!

Aurelius Luna
04-13-2014, 06:03 AM
Does anybody know which class would be good for Galleon capt?

Keter
04-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Okey. from what you have said about the ability's i made some changes to my build accordantly, its not 100% of what you told me to do. I tried to keep it simple.
http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/8s6vUm7K3PkK
Got earthquake For the slow to combo with Rush, whirlwind, and theft. I understand that this might not be most optimal option. but I don't really see why I would go for Instantaneous Impact when I have Tripple Blow as no cd damage ability other then building up Deathwill stacks. then i only have one ability use up the stacks with. it do a ♥♥♥♥ tone of damage I wont ignore that. this way i have alot of combos that trigged by the same spells.

Edit: broken link

Ok for earthquake,but in pvp zones its useless,the time u land earthquake the dude has already avoided it,because they got some ability that reduce the stun u just maked,and why pvp if i dont care pvp :

because at level 20 u have a zone that is in war,so u are forced to battle with other,if u dont ,u die,

ok thats just a faction pvp zone,so like a training,but after that u will have to fight the other races peoples,in this war,if u die versus them,

u will give them Honor points ,and u need 2000 honor for ur first pvp weapon,and u gain honor points by killing them in war zones time,(20 points probably)and u get ur first Honor points by doing quests that are not repeatable,and in plus in this quests u have to kill like 30 mobs follow with 50, 100 ,200,for every zones that is in war,so thats embarassing to give them any points "free of charge" in plus it takes "Ur Points",if u can understand...

if u dont want to participate in the war,u have to wait almost 1h30 that the war is over, after the zone become peacefull,they cant attack u for maybe 2hour.

debugger
04-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Here is my version of your build.

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.4.8/tChvAslKtbkK

From calling its all about 5 passive, backflip, disarm and hide.
Will interrupt is no need since you have combat and calling.
Power of life is to low to do anything positive on this build.
Theft for unbetable

Power/Endurance build 2hand weapon + 1hand+shield

Keter
04-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I m not the best and dunno if u have re created a new template for activate Soul tree,Debugger,because its seems the same link as his first Build,

in plus i can say power of life isnt low lol,thats about 700 of life in ur life bar,and u have only 5k 6k of life with a medium armor at the level 50.

i would suggest this for dual wields :

http://arche-base.com/builds/generator#1.8.4/Ts8v3PkKCm7K

Edit:

Debugger maybe uve saw the video about the pvp warriors in this forum,but it was made by a korean in the korean version,in plus the dude has some reactive skills with a 4 armors set Epic Buff(purple)(probably better weapons than opponents),and many buffs that he hide in the left upper corner,the korean version is not as the same version as european (maybe i am wrong?)