PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Glitch (Black Flashes)

Teven
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Every so often my screen breaks out in a series of "black flashes" in a broken fractal pattern. I suspect it may be a shadow issue but am not sure.

The bug is not consistent. It first appeared during the first Beta Event. At that time a restart of the game seemed to have cleared it. It did not reappear until Friday (8/1), and did not occur during the previous 2 days (7/30, 7/31).

The game is playable, the "black flashes" only appear randomly with inconsistent frequency. The seem to be far more common in the player housing areas. Occasionally crossing a major "zone line" will clear them.

Attached you will find screenshots of the phenomena (taken in the Crescent Throne). A DXDIAG will be provided as a reply to this post.

Worth noting: I play a great deal of 3D games and have never before encountered this issue.

Bug Severity: 3ish

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 (2G Onboard RAM, 840 MHz Core clock, Memory 1280 MHz)
RAM: 16 GB

Teven
08-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately I can't post the DXDIAG as a reply nor upload it as an attachment. If it would be useful I can figure something else out; otherwise I won't bother.