PDA

View Full Version : Bikini - Unable to fuse

Natsu Dragneel
08-03-2014, 03:14 AM
Heya there folks,

As it stands, I am currently unable to fuse the appearance of the bikini on my gear-set, or any other gear I have tried.

What I have done so far:

Used the fusion alembic on the bikini pieces (they now have the little blue cross in the corner and say that they are [image items]
opened up the third option at the blacksmith

The problem is, if I add my gear to the left for the stats, I cannot add the bikini to the right for the appearance, and if I add the bikini to the right for appearance, I cannot add my gear to the left for the stats, thus I am unable to fuse them.

I am currently trying to fuse the stats on the buried legends items received from hasla and karkasse (quest items) however I have also tried fusing them with the crafted and dungeon gear, neither of which worked.

Am I doing something wrong here?

screenshots below,

thanks for any help,

Natsu

Jestunhi
08-03-2014, 03:24 AM
As the tooltip for most of the bikini parts say, including your final screenshot, it can only be applied to female specific armour, not male armour or unisex armour.

BasiliskEye
08-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Jestunhi is right, I was testing this last night.
It is incredibly stupid, as the swimwear is one of the only non-unisex gear in the game, meaning it can't be fused with anything with stats. yet it will still let you waste alembic on it.
It needs to be turned Unisex like everything else.
Just combine the male and female versions like every other piece of kit in the game.

DramaQueen
08-04-2014, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure if Jestunhi is right - I think the problem is inherent in the item already.

Specifically, the bikini bottom, when bought, does not have the "blue flower" icon that other fusion items do and which indicates it's an image item.

I also get the message "this item cannot be used as an image item" when I place it in the image item slot of the blacksmith fusion process, even before placing any armor item to be fused.

Or did I miss a step?

rocdog
08-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Just as a note: The red bikini has swimming stats you would lose if you fused it. The others don't. I bought it mostly for swimming and underwater exploring.

BasiliskEye
08-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure if Jestunhi is right - I think the problem is inherent in the item already.

Specifically, the bikini bottom, when bought, does not have the "blue flower" icon that other fusion items do and which indicates it's an image item.

I also get the message "this item cannot be used as an image item" when I place it in the image item slot of the blacksmith fusion process, even before placing any armor item to be fused.

Or did I miss a step?

While testing it I actually used Alembic on swimwear to put the "blue flower" icon on it. and it still will not fuse with anything except another color of the same swimwear part. which makes no sense as fusing vanity gear with itself is just throwing money down the toilet.
If the intention was they didn't want people running into battle in beach clothes, then they should not be fusible at all.

Natsu Dragneel
08-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Shameless bump as I would like to see a fix, haha.

Hoarfrost
08-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Its unisex; didn't notice that foot note until after I had spent for it. They should make any item fuseable with any other item of the same slot. chest to chest, for i.e. And whats wrong with wearing a bikini into battle. Would love to see thongs and G-string armor too. Doesn't showing more skin equal more protection?

Cinge
08-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Hmm I've seen people using the bikinis during fights and even during serpentis stuff.

BasiliskEye
08-14-2014, 11:24 AM
As of CBT3 still an unacknowledged problem.

Kyndig
08-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Bumper cars. I want stat flip flops D:! Fix the fusion!

Bloodlust
08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
It's not a bug or a problem people. READ the fine text. IT ONLY FUSES WITH OTHER "FEMALE ONLY" GEAR. Your bikini is FEMALE ONLY. But your armor that you either made, got from drops, or quests IS NOT. It's gear any gender can use. I believe the same rule applies to the MALE ONLY gear. So READ the little words at the bottom of the flip flops or bikini or whatever before you buy them at launch, lucky for you that we get refunded later. Also tot he person who said they saw people fight in it. Yes. People fight in it but that doesn't mean that it's fused with regular gear it just means that they chose to look good instead of worrying about stats, or if they are in water they use the swim gear for its boosts.

So I reiterate once again for any new people who think this is a bug or those who just happen across this topic elsewhere and wish to give accurate information.

READ THE FINE TEXT OF MARKETPLACE COSTUMES REGARDING FUSIONS
UNISEX GEAR WORKS ON ALL GEAR
MALE ONLY ONLY WORKS ON MALE ONLY GEAR
FEMALE ONLY ONLY WORKS ON FEMALE ONLY GEAR
UNLESS A PIECE OF ACTUAL ARMOR STATES ITS MALE OR FEMALE YOU CANNOT FUSE IT WITH THAT RESPECTIVE COSTUME.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Kyndig
08-20-2014, 10:23 AM
It's not a bug or a problem people. READ the fine text. IT ONLY FUSES WITH OTHER "FEMALE ONLY" GEAR. Your bikini is FEMALE ONLY. But your armor that you either made, got from drops, or quests IS NOT. It's gear any gender can use. I believe the same rule applies to the MALE ONLY gear. So READ the little words at the bottom of the flip flops or bikini or whatever before you buy them at launch, lucky for you that we get refunded later. Also tot he person who said they saw people fight in it. Yes. People fight in it but that doesn't mean that it's fused with regular gear it just means that they chose to look good instead of worrying about stats, or if they are in water they use the swim gear for its boosts.

So I reiterate once again for any new people who think this is a bug or those who just happen across this topic elsewhere and wish to give accurate information.

READ THE FINE TEXT OF MARKETPLACE COSTUMES REGARDING FUSIONS
UNISEX GEAR WORKS ON ALL GEAR
MALE ONLY ONLY WORKS ON MALE ONLY GEAR
FEMALE ONLY ONLY WORKS ON FEMALE ONLY GEAR
UNLESS A PIECE OF ACTUAL ARMOR STATES ITS MALE OR FEMALE YOU CANNOT FUSE IT WITH THAT RESPECTIVE COSTUME.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Where on any piece of armor does it say unisex? Oh right it doesn't. Ok so Trion are a buncha scammers. Thanks for the clarification. I would also like to point out the item heroine boots the feminine version of hero also cannot be fused with flip flops. Unless its a mispell for ♥♥♥♥♥♥ in which case they're drug boots?

It needs to be fixed/changed, end of story.

Fancy
10-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Where are we going to find heroic+ unisex female only gear? Please change this so more people don't waste credits/money on this. Also, the folks at Trion are not scammers, but I do think they should change this unisex thing. Does anyone really purchase the bikini so they can put it on and sit on the beach..? Everyone wants to use it for actual fusion on actual gear.

Ruse
10-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Bumping this because it's dumb. I can't even make my gathering set look like a bikini.

Rainah
10-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm also bumping this, I would really love a fix. D:

methodz
10-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Umm No. Having people running around in Bikinis fighting is stupid, spoils the atmosphere of the game.

Lunadei
10-04-2014, 04:30 PM
I support the fixing thing. It kinda breaks immersion for the people who really care about it with the other outfits anyway, but there's nothing useful to really fuse the bikini pieces to and right now it feels like I kinda wasted money because I don't wanna run around with stat-less armor since I grind more than craft/etc, [and I don't swim much currently.. ?]
I mean the whole thing is ridiculous enough with the Fusion Alembics, but I'd at least like to be able to fuse the Bikini pieces like I was able for the other [non-bikini] outfitter/costume pieces.

[Also, the point of adding the description/rule there was probably to make it so that guys won't be able to wear bikinis/etc. Rather than have it unable to fuse to male/unisex (things that males can wear) why not just have it so that it's fusible to unisex/female items, and then after fuse, have it so males cannot equip the item ?]

Gaarb
10-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Bump. They need to fix it

lorgarn
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Umm No. Having people running around in Bikinis fighting is stupid, spoils the atmosphere of the game.

Then give me armor which does not make my female character two times as wide as she is and does not horrobly clip with her hair and I will gladly use that as an image item. Advertising an IMAGE item which can not USED AS AN IMAGE ITEM is fraud!!! Simply as that! AGAIN Tirion took a dump on me. AGAIN THEY STOLE MY MONEY! And then they simply ignore my tickets. If they do so again, I will remove ALL OF THE TIRON CRAP form my machine!!!!!

I am so increably PISSED right now, on how bad, greedy and ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥-like that ♥♥♥♥ing company is!!!!

Chody
10-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Bump. I want a fix for this. Just wasted a bunch of credits on some bikini wear only to find out that it is completely useless to me.

Kitsu
10-07-2014, 08:46 PM
I definitely want this fixed.

Trion you'll only get more money from the cash shop if you allow us to fuse those items over out fugly quest armor.

The bikini is already in the game. Let's not be limited to how and where we wear it.

Tomiko
10-07-2014, 11:26 PM
I waited 6 hours in the chat queue on Sunday and got a refund for it. I would definitely like for this to be changed so it can actually be fused.

Nappon
10-08-2014, 02:04 AM
i really hope to help to fixed too, i make the same thing and i make a post http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?81692-Costume-Fused-BUG
they need to help or make the sense thing, why you put a costume and cant use the same on every time? only use to look like nice, all costumes need to be fused

Angach
10-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Should we ask for a massive refund?

Kitsu
10-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm going to ask for a refund.

Sick of waiting now.

Angach
10-09-2014, 08:56 AM
I already submitted a ticket asking for a refund, so I can at least buy some of the items that really let you use as an image.

Btw, what makes me mad is that we don't get a single answer about this issue (which is more like a scam).

Todesbotin
10-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes, plz fix it.

Kitsu
10-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I already submitted a ticket asking for a refund, so I can at least buy some of the items that really let you use as an image.

Btw, what makes me mad is that we don't get a single answer about this issue (which is more like a scam).

Agreed. It seems Trion really have let us and themselves down. Their customer service is a joke.

Ikew
10-09-2014, 01:31 PM
So a sollution we could do is craft the gilda star design armor?
I assume that is male/female only.

This is pretty annoying.

Abbon
10-09-2014, 08:14 PM
hey, Im also getting the same problem here !!!!!! Im a male and its not letting me fuse this ! wtf

Kitana
10-13-2014, 12:52 PM
*bump*

i want to fuse the awesome bikini with flipflops and a peppermint bracelet on my armor!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Burne
10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
bump I want to see her in her fused bikini.. PLEASE!!! lol...

Kitsu
10-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Still no response to this Trion?????

Feral
10-27-2014, 02:10 PM
It would make more sense to make it so, once you fuse a male or female item to a unisex item, it becomes a male or female item.

elvenmad
10-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I think the issue here with the swimsuites is they are selling a item as a 'costume' when it clearly is not, it is a seperate piece of gender specific gear.

The bikini peices are clearly tooltipped as "costume" items which is what is causing all the confusion as they obviously are not, at least not like every other piece of costume gear which is available in the market place.

the isuues with the item and 'transmoging' it are a probelm for XL to sort out there is not much Trion can do about it, It is disapointing to see yet another item put into the cash marketplace which has issues and has obviously not been tested prior to offering for sale, this is starting to become a common thing with the cash shop

Feral
10-27-2014, 07:47 PM
They have to do something about it because I bet a ton of people are buying it thinking they can transmog when they can't. Another potential fix would be to make it like a complete costume outfit like the ballroom ones.

Snowfoxy
10-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Bump, would like to see a fix for this as well. this is a bit of a scam by XL Games and Trion really. They couldnt get a quick fix out so they added a tiny bit of text on the item and somehow expect that to make it so they never have to fix it? comonnnn. Really?

Feral
10-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Still no response to this Trion?????

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Trion respond to a techincal support or game bug thread. Hopefully they read them at least.

elvenmad
10-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Dont hold your breath waiting. the mirage lilyut horse has been bugged since release in the market place nearly 2 months ago, trion have stated they are aware of the issues, but it is still available for purchase by unsuspecting players, there as been no statement concerning a fix and nothing as been done, this item should have been withdrawn from the marketplace as soon as a issue was reported.

I think the main problem is XL are not supporting Trion 100% as any fix's etc have to be relayed through them first, but Trion must also hold some responsibility as they keep these known bugged items available for purchase in the marketplace.

Shiv9870
10-30-2014, 05:57 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/54/fe/4d/54fe4d104d20ab1ca9d8b9faf3a58977.jpg

Linchiki
11-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Couldn't they just change the unisex item into "female only" or "male only" after the fusion? It seems like the best thing to do atm. I havent seen any actual armor thats "female only" worth fusing the bikini into. And I dont think crafters have an option to craft female only armor either...

Adelinepi
11-26-2014, 07:27 PM
So ? i Need to use my bikini on my armor, it's write nowhere that i can fuse it with a normal armor, it's is a scam ? oO

Trion need to fix it and remove this filter , or it's a scam.... Ty

Jenah
11-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Why are they still selling this in the marketplace if they don't intend to fix it? It's even on sale.

Kmcnasty
12-05-2014, 03:03 AM
Bump............

Not happy :'(

just learned about this.....

Ricki
12-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Just as a note: The red bikini has swimming stats you would lose if you fused it. The others don't. I bought it mostly for swimming and underwater exploring.

Is This True? Doesn't Say anything About This on Item description

Taske
12-15-2014, 06:07 AM
bump

trion pls commend :(

edit: in alpha it was possible to fuse a bikini (at least the black one) with GHA-gear.

greetz

Whitenamese
01-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Still a problem. Girlfriend and I just wasted credits on items listed under the costume tab that can't be used as costume items. Ridiculous.

They should make the stat items male and female only after the fusion process.

College
03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
bump. I noticed the sylvan halloween dress was on the marketplace but would rather bare legs than the leggings that go with the costume. I noticed that the bikini bottoms would do the trick. Bought them, can't perform the fusion, and after some research I noticed the fine print: can't be fused with any male or unisex item.

Why not just make the item *female* after such a fusion to allow this? The code already exists within the game: a male character cannot equip female bikini top/bottom, female character cannot equip male swimwear, etc. That rule could be applied to the stat item during fusion, and thus the issue would be resolved and there'd be many happy customers.

And for anyone suggesting that the current code is sensical since it is not realistic to wear next to no clothes in battle, there are plenty of barely-there options already that couldn't protect you from a stiff breeze let alone a weapon.

DragonRealmsVet
05-07-2015, 12:12 PM
BUMP. This is still a problem. Trino, please fix!!! Need to merge the male/female versions & remove the restriction, like other image pieces & costumes.

NikT
06-16-2015, 02:45 AM
Bump

I was able to image my armor, but only after I turned the swimwear into image items using fusion alembic.

Still can't do the gender specific flip-flops tho 8(

pls fix.

Allice
11-02-2015, 06:29 PM
bump

i was able to image my armor, but only after i turned the swimwear into image items using fusion alembic.

Still can't do the gender specific flip-flops tho 8(

pls fix.
fix this issue. I want "fiery bikini bottoms" (image) > for my delphinad greaves....
WTF is "female only gear"???????? THIS doens't exist !!!!!! FIX thi PLEASE !!!!!

Legospore77
12-15-2015, 07:22 AM
Should be allowed to image it onto bound items :\
The only thing that conflicts then is the gender swap certs
But I'm sure they can figure something out

TheOuroborus
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
I still have this set in my inventory from back at launch. I'd love to image fuse the bottoms with the Dawnsdrop greeves. Why not? Seriously! WHY NOT TRION?!!!