PDA

View Full Version : Shadowblade Status Post 2.0?

Koltiron
09-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Heya, been playing this game for a while and switching from DR and Shadowblade.

I am wondering about the current state of Shadowblade in the 1v1 aspect and how greatly the witchcraft changes (in patch 2.0) affect the class.

Also, some insight on how it plays in larger combat scenarios would be helpful as well.

Thanks

Thermi
09-16-2015, 12:32 AM
I'm playing shadowblade, but I haven't played much since patch.
From my first experiences the witchcraft "nerfs" are no real nerfs for me because the "courageous action" just affect witchcraft internal fights.
There is only the point of talking about lassitude which kicks in 1 sec later now. Some people go for incidious whisper now.

The Stalkers Mark is just a nerf in the first point of view, but talking about 1v1 situation it hasn't changed much because:
either you time it good and it still works as preparation for a direct trip on overwhelm or people just purge themselves/invi/redoubt/stealth away/mirrorlight...
I don't think that the remove of dmg-increase really affects the result of a fight.

Sarevok
09-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm playing shadowblade, but I haven't played much since patch.
From my first experiences the witchcraft "nerfs" are no real nerfs for me because the "courageous action" just affect witchcraft internal fights.
There is only the point of talking about lassitude which kicks in 1 sec later now. Some people go for incidious whisper now.

The Stalkers Mark is just a nerf in the first point of view, but talking about 1v1 situation it hasn't changed much because:
either you time it good and it still works as preparation for a direct trip on overwhelm or people just purge themselves/invi/redoubt/stealth away/mirrorlight...
I don't think that the remove of dmg-increase really affects the result of a fight.

Shadowblade and DR's survivability dropped a bit with the loss of the bonus dmg from Stalker's mainly because player geared towards high burst and less sustain. With the change to stalkers the Shadowblade class used to rely on that burst the most and used BW+Lass to insure their combo went off flawlessly. I would still think dual wield Shadowblades are still going to be effective when they are using a katana in the main hand for the bonus magic attack but it's not much. I was a 2h Shadowblade until recently and I just relied on my burst to keep me alive.

I personally would like to try Executioner but again bonus magic attack will come in handy for Impale and Crows combo. As of right now I play a derprunner because it seems to be the only effective 2h class for high melee dps.