PDA

View Full Version : Bugged quest:Corrupt Commander

Daelus
08-03-2014, 05:29 PM
ok so this quest tells you to use the Pursecutter on Commander Melchius, then use his key to open his locker in the tent. however I'm inside his tent and no locker is to be found. in fact there is nothing in the tent what so ever.

Uboenz
10-08-2014, 09:36 AM
i have done this quest last week.. but now the locker is gone...

TheOneAndOnlyTock
11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm on this quest now, and the knife doesn't seem to work. Unless you can literally fail 100 pickpocket attempts in a row, this is again bugged.

TheOneAndOnlyTock
11-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Update: So, in my case the quest log never updates indicating that the key has been stolen, and still shows 0/1 under that mini-quest, however I was able to open the chest and continue as normal. So, it would seem the event handler for the Pursecutter being used successfully is failing to output to the screen.

puddy
05-12-2015, 11:13 PM
bugged for me

Waypoc2
12-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Still bugged amazingly...

Ires
12-04-2018, 11:10 PM
I can't progress quests until I finish this quest. what's the solution?

cant progress on both my characters.

Myru
12-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Hey~

I am not seeing this issue. When you get the quest, target Commander Melchius right outside the tent. Right click on the Pursecutter either in your inventory or on the quest tracker. You should get the item Commander Melchius's Key (note: The Pursecutter is still in your inventory). Then interact with the chest in his tent which will consume the key and give you the Letter from Burnt Castle.
The quest progression on the quest tracker won't update until you get to this point because it requires all of this to happen. I would say make sure you have 3 inventory spaces for the three different items since the key is consumed just after getting the letter it seems (just in case this is the issue)

Please let me know if there is something else broken with this. I've looked at it myself and it seems to be working just fine for me.

AsiaMyr
12-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Hey~

I am not seeing this issue. When you get the quest, target Commander Melchius right outside the tent. Right click on the Pursecutter either in your inventory or on the quest tracker. You should get the item Commander Melchius's Key (note: The Pursecutter is still in your inventory). Then interact with the chest in his tent which will consume the key and give you the Letter from Burnt Castle.
The quest progression on the quest tracker won't update until you get to this point because it requires all of this to happen. I would say make sure you have 3 inventory spaces for the three different items since the key is consumed just after getting the letter it seems (just in case this is the issue)

Please let me know if there is something else broken with this. I've looked at it myself and it seems to be working just fine for me.

One of the most accurate responses ive seen for this type of questions. Here we are a bit used to get directed to some fanmade guide e.e

Cheers for that one Myru ^^