PDA

View Full Version : THIS is war! (TheDream vs Neo)

Shauntea
09-20-2015, 12:53 PM
put the most thrilling situations together for you.

http://i.imgur.com/4RSuxYO.jpg

In the end we found at least one single, brave Neo.

http://i.imgur.com/4RSuxYO.jpg

Exiledd
09-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Poor Axti :')

WNxRip
09-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Best 100g you ever spent.

For future reference the Neo housing area is North East windscour. A good 10-15 houses of theirs over there. Mainly North and North East of the lake including Spitfirezz house. I usually see 3-4 there at any given moment

Shauntea
09-20-2015, 06:32 PM
yeah we know that, but when they sit in mirage there is not much to do there ;)

AeonAuron
09-20-2015, 10:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y2vkdZi.jpg

Untouchable
09-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Truth be told, actually the dominion system is made to be worthless due to its risible lenght.

I would want to write an essay about it, but well, i won't: 1h means simply nothing.
I try to focus a bit, seeking a reasoning for such an insignificant lenght and i can't find any.
I come from games that have had permanent wars between guilds / alliances, perhaps i'm biased from it, but yet again, why 1 hour and not half or a day.
To me looks always more like a poorly thought filler, eventually put in place to do not entirely discourage guilds and players looking for meaningful pvp's outside of the ******ed faction system.
Rewards, guild system, all fun, well, not original, but doesn't necessarily need it to be, its ok.
This "dominion system" bends itself over multiple mechanical holes (such as alt guilds , afk-sneaky killing, mirage hiding, you name it....), all of which are rendered even more effective by the ridicolous lenght of the war itself.
You can ♥♥♥♥ing stay at safe or in mirage for an hour, would / could you do that for 24h , or an entire week, for the least? imho, not.
Would it be cool if it could help during bosses fights, but yet again is broken as you can't have more than a single war running and you're limited to 3 on a daily basis.
Imagine guilds like Lost that have 2 green and 2 reds guilds as enemy...
Again, poorly thought out, poorly introduced.
Is made toward people with ♥♥♥♥ed up mindset like "arranged pvp" but its not a proper guild war (for references about what is a guild war, check AoC or L2)
Any involved side gonna bring up and down an endless twist of excuses about who was there and who wasn't, who had more healers, more skullknights, who missed bards...
Or you declare it at morning? people works / sleeps / whatever. /flames.
You declare it at evening? people sleeps / works / whatever. /flames.
There is no ideal time span to please everyone even within' own guild , imagine, because one hour its just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, simply told.

Honestly, seeing all these posts on the forums about 2 or 3 DomDec makes me wonder "whats so exceptional in having 1-hour arranged pvp?".
Can't answer myself , but eventually most of yours come from moba or fully instanced games with no open world pvp action.
Either my expectation's too high or yours too low...

hiks
09-21-2015, 01:49 AM
blah blah blah

so we won't be seeing you at a war anytime soon ? Most wars have a way to avoid them. Take EVE for example, the chance you actually see someone your at War with if you avoid your home sector is sooo small and those wars need you to pay a daily fee to keep it going. This one doesn't seem so bad.

This system encourages organized PVP. Don't like it, then don't join a level 3 guild.

batarel
09-21-2015, 01:54 AM
"whats so exceptional in having 1-hour arranged pvp?" it is that it taking only 1 hour.. If war could be like few days, and every guild could be in war with half of his nation, then would be like strong guilds would just kill endlessy everyone else without jail or any penalty ... So noone would do farms, trade runs, rifts or noone would move from nui, players would just quit game.. If you want fight all time go to second continent. This game was created first for nation vs nation, new patches changing a bit purpose, but if they would change too much it would kill all game

Myssy
09-21-2015, 03:04 AM
maybe 1 hour fight is enough. right after the war with carpediem endet thedream declared war....what did you expact?!

Untouchable
09-21-2015, 03:24 AM
@hiks
.... wanted to answer you, but would've been a waste of time and bits, you'd fail @ reading again making me cringe for the wasted effort.
Sorry, however i wish you may heal from the rest's lobotomy you suffered.

@batarel
Nah, it just makes it too easy for the avoiders whenever they want to avoid.
And you can't blame anyone for adhering to the own game mechanics, due to the clear holes they present.
Make war lasting 3/7 days, and see whether people keeps avoiding in order to keep the draw.... win-win?

The only purpose, in such a system, is to prevent infamy from skyrocketing during world bosses fights.
For which is descent, maybe.
But as a guild war concept, thats a whole completely different thing.

Sladarius
09-21-2015, 05:01 AM
I personally think it's OK, there needs to be a punishment for losing though.

One of the major problems is the people involved not being immune to outside interference (CAD porting into Golden ruins to help swans, CAD standing at guards in Austera harbour vs Neo, Swans2/Vengeance healing Black Swans etc).

No crime points is nice though.

Ascale
09-21-2015, 10:10 AM
I personally think it's OK, there needs to be a punishment for losing though.

One of the major problems is the people involved not being immune to outside interference (CAD porting into Golden ruins to help swans, CAD standing at guards in Austera harbour vs Neo, Swans2/Vengeance healing Black Swans etc).

No crime points is nice though.

They call it "pvp tactics"

Nelimoore
09-21-2015, 12:04 PM

:^)

Drizzt Sama
09-21-2015, 04:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Oig2LEs.jpg

Eddie
09-21-2015, 04:53 PM

How can you play with those key bindings?

Tubery
09-21-2015, 05:19 PM
"Like half of our raid was below 4k gear score and it's a lot. Yeah few have more than 5k - 4 ppl as far as I know - me, Kruk and Diuk, Rizzer" Some black swans guy

5.6k Bastion vs 4k darkrunner

Even with buffs the 1.6k gearscore difference is huge.
Drizzts you are better than me for sure anyone would agree but you and your alt guild could not beat us. 268 - 9

Sladarius
09-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I had about 5-10 more guys then you at Luskas and you still ♥♥♥♥ing ported to Gweonid.

Drizzt Sama
09-21-2015, 10:16 PM
I just posted same picture as TheDream did, but this time it's lost who don;t want go out of resp.

P.S. Don;t want to remind you how you were hiding like 50 mins at mirage during GvG, because you had less numbers than us - like "5-10" ppl less as far as I remember.

Neuzeit
09-22-2015, 02:26 AM
No frontliners dude, no frontliners...

U know, large scale PvP is about roles... glad to help u guys out...

See u in Mirage....

Sladarius
09-22-2015, 04:57 AM
I just posted same picture as TheDream did, but this time it's lost who don;t want go out of resp.

P.S. Don;t want to remind you how you were hiding like 50 mins at mirage during GvG, because you had less numbers than us - like "5-10" ppl less as far as I remember.

You mean when you declared war vs a guild of employed people at 10AM GMT with no frontline or raid leaders online.

It started off 2:12 to you.

http://puu.sh/kk7a3/a58e3092ac.jpg

Eddie
09-22-2015, 05:05 AM
http://puu.sh/kk7a3/a58e3092ac.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tbe2NUT.png

Drizzt Sama
09-22-2015, 05:16 AM
You mean when you declared war vs a guild of employed people at 10AM GMT with no frontline or raid leaders online.

For sure I'am not talking about about GvG after midnight when working ppl are already sleeping because they have to wake up for their jobs.

StarBuxx
09-22-2015, 05:33 AM
The only thing I could do after seeing this Thread, especially made by Enkelin, my beloved one, is laughing.

Your arrogance sucks dick Enkelin. The only reason you are reasonable in PvP is because there are many skilled pvpers.

You do not count as 1 of them Enkelin. It is not you, that is making theDream such a strong guild.
There is literally no reason for you to be proud of anything at anytime.
You came out of Valar Morghulis as someone who cant even spell the word PvP.

Why did you leave Carpe Diem? Because there was no pvp anymore?

The only thing you can do, is hiding behind the stronger players. Because that’s the only thing you are getting enough attention to push your ego.
We are glad that we are not as arrogant as you.

The fight against Carpe Diem was fun and exhausting at the same time. In the beginning it looked like we are winning after we wiped them 2 times.
One of the reasons we lost is, that our organization was not as good as it should have been. (Fighting at the enemys nui was our fault, clearly)

But fighting against Carpe Diem was a decision our members took. We wanted to test how strong they are. Now that we know, we can improve and maybe we can do such a guildwar another time.

Maybe with a Battleground somewhere else? And without help of any other guilds. And to be honest, we didn’t ask CAD for helping us and im sure you didn’t ask trivo and the others to flag on us in Windscour.

I hope there will be good sportsmanship because this fight was really really fun!

Regarding TheDream..

On Saturday, I whispered Method that if he wants a Guildwar, he can have that. Im pretty sure, the only reason he declared war on us is because he got mad that we fought Carpe instead of them.
We did not want to fight TheDream on Sunday because we were aware that the chance of winning this fight is something around 10% to be honest. And only if we can pull the numbers we normally are atm.

As you may know, Neo is a german only guild. And even if we are the strongest german guild on kyprosa there is a lot space to improve. You have to find skilled AND german players. It’s a struggle.
We can do a dominion in the future Method, but for now we will concentrate on improving our individual and group pvp skills.
Also, Corona will return, one of our most important players.

We will see where this dominions will take us.

Also you guys should see this from a whole other position. Who else is there to fight you?

PS: I wanna thank everyone who laughed at us. Who told us to disband because we suck. Guys from Aurum and whatsoever. If you guys can beat us in a Guild war, you might flame us and call us noobs. Im pretty sure there is no eastern guild that could take a fight against the 4 guilds including CAD/Carpe/TD/Neo

Btw.. did you know that Neo exists since headstart… only to put that information on the table for those who said that a new formed guild cant even win a dominion and why we are even trying.

Untouchable
09-22-2015, 05:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Tbe2NUT.png

Yes, and?
I'm playing mmo's from long enough to realise whether i loose for the fact my enemies played better.
No shame in that, sincerely.

Also has been the only dominion i could play so far due to my work shifts , and as far as i remember we had two frontliners, one of which was on a offspec.
Saying it again, wishing these would last longer, giving more chances for improve raid composition during the wartime (in 1h, unless you can phonecall all your members, its pretty much up to the standing organisation of who declares "by surprise") and a few fights might be impossible to recover in such short time.
No rocket science here, really.
Is a poor designed system, if the war would last 1 to 7 days would be a completely different matter.

Crinaz
09-22-2015, 05:39 AM
why would you war with offspec in the first place?

maceintu
09-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Yes, and?
I'm playing mmo's from long enough to realise whether i loose for the fact my enemies played better.
No shame in that, sincerely.

Also has been the only dominion i could play so far due to my work shifts , and as far as i remember we had two frontliners, one of which was on a offspec.
Saying it again, wishing these would last longer, giving more chances for improve raid composition during the wartime (in 1h, unless you can phonecall all your members, its pretty much up to the standing organisation of who declares "by surprise") and a few fights might be impossible to recover in such short time.
No rocket science here, really.
Is a poor designed system, if the war would last 1 to 7 days would be a completely different matter.

GvG should be on permanently until one of the guilds says we've had enough and then have to pay a huge sum of gold to the other guild as a declaration of we quit you win. also server wide message to ridicule said guild for being chickens type: Guild A has payed 20k gold to guild B to stop the war

Untouchable
09-22-2015, 06:34 AM
why would you war with offspec in the first place?

Because of the lack of natural main-spec frontliners? 2hard 2understand?!
At the point we had only riddle as main spec frontliner (abolisher).
Also we had around 3 healers until 15 minutes to the end.
Not seeking excuses, but pretty much any moment of the day might be an issue for either side if it is missing certain key classes.
1 hour fight is nothing, expecially if you have to spend 1/3 or 1/2 of said time organising group, calling people and so on.

Sladarius
09-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Not seeking excuses, but pretty much any moment of the day might be an issue for either side if it is missing certain key classes.
1 hour fight is nothing, expecially if you have to spend 1/3 or 1/2 of said time organising group, calling people and so on.

I see it as who reacts faster than the others, the only difference between then & now is that we're not flagging on you any more.

It's another system, except this time there are few safe zones.

Jackalh
09-22-2015, 07:47 AM

Why would you declare dominion then if you are suffering having few key classes online

Ascale
09-22-2015, 08:20 AM
Why would you declare dominion then if you are suffering having few key classes online

because it was 11 am and so they thought "let's go easy win, we are going to kill single targets instead of fighting a full raid"

Untouchable
09-22-2015, 09:57 AM
because it was 11 am and so they thought "let's go easy win, we are going to kill single targets instead of fighting a full raid"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma2fmcT5PY1qdwdyuo1_400.jpg

:cool:

Venneh
09-22-2015, 12:05 PM
The two of you have such a romantic love-hate relationship and seem to complete each other.
Ascale is the croissant to your coffee, the baguette to your wine,.. :]

Ascale
09-22-2015, 12:29 PM
The two of you have such a romantic love-hate relationship and seem to complete each other.
Ascale is the croissant to your coffee, the baguette to your wine,.. :]

I would never compare zairakh to wine, may be to some cheap coke, that's what is the closest to what he is

Jackalh
09-22-2015, 01:56 PM
I would never compare zairakh to wine, may be to some cheap coke, that's what is the closest to what he is

Aldi lemonade

madjago
09-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Aldi lemonade
*lidil

Jackalh
09-22-2015, 02:14 PM
*lidil

I think it's just lidl

Hal
09-22-2015, 06:18 PM
This thread gave me cancer.

Col
09-22-2015, 06:21 PM

Hello Black Swans, Let me take you back to 21st and the 22nd of April 2015

21st April 2015
http://i.imgur.com/BL6V6XR.jpg

22nd April 2015
http://i.imgur.com/uLf3XCM.jpg

Shauntea
09-22-2015, 06:24 PM
The only reason you are reasonable in PvP is because there are many skilled pvpers.

You do not count as 1 of them Enkelin. It is not you, that is making theDream such a strong guild.
You came out of Valar Morghulis as someone who cant even spell the word PvP. ...

The only thing you can do, is hiding behind the stronger players. Because that’s the only thing you are getting enough attention to push your ego.

I never said that i would be the one making TheDream a strong guild, i dont know where you got that from. TheDream is strong because of all the strong players we got. And if i am such a bad player, tell me why we 2-man like 6+ of your guild all the time in Windscour? Does not show you in a too good light either.
And if i wanted attention to push my ego there would be better ways than HIDING behind others (btw, healers are no frontliners, i dont hide behind other players, i just know where i should be ;) )

Oh and the point that i came from VM... Yeah, i started in that guild, knowing nothing about that game it wasnt the worst choice, cause it was a very "starter friendly" guild. But i left there for exactly that reason, they were starter friendly but i wanted to progress more than i would have been able there. But i honestly dont know what that fact has to do with how i play/which guild i am in now.

warlords
09-28-2015, 05:27 AM
The only thing I could do after seeing this Thread, especially made by Enkelin, my beloved one, is laughing.

Your arrogance sucks dick Enkelin. The only reason you are reasonable in PvP is because there are many skilled pvpers.

You came out of Valar Morghulis as someone who cant even spell the word PvP.

Why did you leave Carpe Diem? Because there was no pvp anymore?

We are glad that we are not as arrogant as you.

The fight against Carpe Diem was fun and exhausting at the same time. In the beginning it looked like we are winning after we wiped them 2 times.
One of the reasons we lost is, that our organization was not as good as it should have been. (Fighting at the enemys nui was our fault, clearly)

But fighting against Carpe Diem was a decision our members took. We wanted to test how strong they are. Now that we know, we can improve and maybe we can do such a guildwar another time.

Maybe with a Battleground somewhere else? And without help of any other guilds. And to be honest, we didn’t ask CAD for helping us and im sure you didn’t ask trivo and the others to flag on us in Windscour.

I hope there will be good sportsmanship because this fight was really really fun!

Regarding TheDream..

On Saturday, I whispered Method that if he wants a Guildwar, he can have that. Im pretty sure, the only reason he declared war on us is because he got mad that we fought Carpe instead of them.
We did not want to fight TheDream on Sunday because we were aware that the chance of winning this fight is something around 10% to be honest. And only if we can pull the numbers we normally are atm.

As you may know, Neo is a german only guild. And even if we are the strongest german guild on kyprosa there is a lot space to improve. You have to find skilled AND german players. It’s a struggle.
We can do a dominion in the future Method, but for now we will concentrate on improving our individual and group pvp skills.
Also, Corona will return, one of our most important players.

We will see where this dominions will take us.

Also you guys should see this from a whole other position. Who else is there to fight you?

PS: I wanna thank everyone who laughed at us. Who told us to disband because we suck. Guys from Aurum and whatsoever. If you guys can beat us in a Guild war, you might flame us and call us noobs. Im pretty sure there is no eastern guild that could take a fight against the 4 guilds including CAD/Carpe/TD/Neo

Btw.. did you know that Neo exists since headstart… only to put that information on the table for those who said that a new formed guild cant even win a dominion and why we are even trying.

You sure talk big in forums, but then why did you guys and cad brought peace scroll?
So Thedream, carpe or lost don't wage war on you? ;[