PDA

View Full Version : Healer Gear.

BucketChan
09-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Decided to reroll healer on rangora,

I theory builded a set, then check the forums here and saw in the healing guide that what I'd decided to use wasn't even mentioned..

Am I doing something wrong or does it not matter?

The Set in Question;

Stone Hat
Auroria Vita Body
Stone Waist
Stone Guantlets
Auroria Vita Gloves
Obsidian t4 Pants
Stone boots

The guantlets from halcy I can see being a vital piece, so im considering dropping the obsidian pants for stone once I get those, but im still undecided.

Graid
09-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Disclaimer- my healer character is not properly geared yet so this is partly from reading up on it rather than experience. The problem with splitting a stone set (which I'm currently doing too because I don't have the gold for a full set) is that you're losing the nice set bonus which is one of the reasons stone is recommended. Still, if you're on a tight budget, a mix of illustrious or magnificent stone and auroria vitalism probably is a good choice. But obsidian T4 is definitely not a budget choice! I would think that if you're going to mix stone and T4 obsidian you'd be better off putting as much T4 obsidian in there as possible. I think that for a geared healer, T4 (or higher) obsidian mixed with epherium stone OR 100% epherium stone (for the set bonus) is preferred.

What are the 'gauntlets from Halcy'? I think I missed something gear wise here..

BucketChan
09-22-2015, 09:10 AM
the Halc guantlets that give the same effect as 7 pc serpentis, invince and then 100% heal.

I chose this build literally for the castspeed, I wanted to stack as much speed as possible, and rely on my own skill for avoiding damage. I only chose stone 4 piece for the extra defence I'd require for general pve and pvp.

the other obsidian pieces imo aren't as useful as higher casts, higher heals are great and all but, most healers I know overheal anyway, I'd rather have control over my fast cast time and heals, than just use one strong burst heal between longer periods.

But again, im an amateur healer, I have no idea what im doing.

Graid
09-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Ah, it was the 'gauntlets' that confused me. The serpentis sleeves! Yes those sound great. I'm not sure how well it'd work to prioritise cast speed, but I suppose at least the gear you're talking about is still quite stamina heavy, which is extremely important. Regarding higher heals though, I don't know about you but I certainly don't consistently overheal with my (currently heroic grade) hellkissed club (391 healing power tempered), partly thanks to the anti-thesis nerf. I can't guarantee I'll get even squishy classes up to full health with one resurgence- anti-thesis combo. So personally I could certainly do with more healing power!