PDA

View Full Version : Chat Channel Names Confusing - "Alliance" and "Faction", amongst others. Tutorial?

RanceJustice
08-04-2014, 09:12 AM
IN CB2, there are some difficulties regarding chat channels. For instance, the difference between the chat-channel name in the text-box entry window (or the "channel chooser" which shows you what slash command is necessary to speak in which channel) is often different than channel name prefixed to messages in said channel.

For instance, the first instance of this I found was between the "Bright Yellow" channel and the "Dark Green" channel (using default coloring).

The "Bright Yellow" channel, shows as "Alliance" in the text entry box. It uses the channel flag /f . However, messages sent in the chat box are prefixed with "Faction".

The "Dark Green" channel, shows as "Nation" in the text entry box. It used the channel flag /n . However, messages sent in the chat box are prefixed with "Alliance"

Please ensure continuity amongst chat channel labels and make them easy to use regarding their channel flag. Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that there be a tutorial/help that a player can look up that details the proper use of each channel, how far ranging it is (current zone? Whole world? ) and who will hear it. Thank you.

Laxyak
08-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Thank you. This is one of the things I also had a problem with.

Friar Tuck
08-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Yes, I've also meant to bug this.

The other thing is 'General', which leads you to think that it is a zone wide chat, but appears to be only /say.

Trade chat - I am still not sure if it is global or not. Ppl say not, however I have seen the trade msgs of someone in an adjacent zone.