PDA

View Full Version : a few bugs

Zeri
08-04-2014, 10:21 AM
just finished my beta time and wanted to point out a few bugs i noticed. well the ones i remembered to write down anyway lol.

ok the biggest one, if whenever i shut the game down my entire pc crashes, like someone hit the power button. im not a computer expert, but this to me seems like a bad thing.

ok 2. while running thru various places, a black bar will pop up in them middle of the screen as if i entered a new area, but nothing is written inside. so its just blank. i mostly noticed this in Mahadevi and Solis but its was pretty much all over.

3. one of my main storyline quests was broken. (or im a dunce and wasnt doing it right) should have written the quest name down, i forgot, but it was the Firran questline where you have to shoot sissors at the guard. every time i use the emote icon for sissors nothing happens. i have the guard selected. another bar pops up in the middle of the screen when i approach him, but it is also blank. i have seen other people complete this, so i dunno if im just doing it wrong or if mine is broken. i tried for 2 days to complete
this quest and didnt get anywhere

4. the character screen is invisible. when i hit C the gear window comes up but i cant really see anything. the windows for my weapons and gear are there but nothing else. its clear except for those boxes. i assume this is not what it is supposed to look like. if it is, disregard this lol.

5. the controls are funky. i found the click to move very 'stop and go' as it only worked now and then. turning the camera with the mouse is clunky too. sometimes it works fine, other times it hangs up, other times it selects myself or my mount instead of turning.

6. none of the slash commands work. typing in /clap etc. just says it in type. it doesnt execute the command.

ok so thats the majority of what i found. i really enjoyed my play time here, and im looking forward to a return trip! o yeah one more thing, nto really a bug, more of a small request. well 2 actually

the pet UI menu is in a bad place. it conflicts with other menus. if it could be moved to another place, or make it so we can move it where ever, that would be great :)

also, the way the camera moves around the character is unappealing. the way it is you turn the mouse and the character turns. i like to be able to spin around and see myself from the front, especially when i have new armor or something or just want to admire my mount. the page up/down keys are.. not really ideal. i can live with it, its just an area i think could be improved.

ok i lied, 3. i have been having difficulty following some conversations in the chat box because it goes by so fast. when i try to scroll up on the chat window it jumps WAY too far and i miss what i was looking for. could be smoother. also, if when hovering the mouse over the chat window and using the mouse scroll could work on the chat, that would be awesome (i played some other game where that worked so i kept trying to do it accidentally lol)

ok well thats my 2 cents, thank you for listening. :) hope to be around next time /wave

Idoryn
08-04-2014, 10:28 AM
The only one of those that has happened to me is the camera control and selecting the mount.
The rest of those haven't occurred to me at all, although I didn't try the click move, since it's more convenient to just use the WASD

And I'm pretty sure that the C screen is supposed to only show the boxes.

Toran29
08-04-2014, 10:39 AM
The two mouse buttons do two different things. Left button moves your view perspective like you want, and right mouse button rotates your character. Unless I got that backwards... Either way, you can do both with the mouse right now.

Hiento
08-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I was actually having the same problem with the black bar coming up where it's supposed to display the name of the area. There were problems with the mouse being clunky and selecting my mount a lot too. With the character screen, I'm pretty sure that's just what it's supposed to look like. That's what it looked like on mine as well.

Avenge
08-04-2014, 12:07 PM
just finished my beta time and wanted to point out a few bugs i noticed. well the ones i remembered to write down anyway lol.

the pet UI menu is in a bad place. it conflicts with other menus. if it could be moved to another place, or make it so we can move it where ever, that would be great :)

Pet UI bar IS moveable just like the quick bars, <shift> click & drag. The whole <shift> click mechanism is kinda wonky, so sometimes it takes a few tries.

Zeri
08-04-2014, 04:53 PM
i did try shift clicking to move the pet ui but it didnt work. i tried alt as well, just to be sure. maybe i wasnt grabbing it in the right place, but i tried and tried to move it and just couldnt

Spate
08-10-2014, 08:41 AM
The Pet UI is moveable, BUT I find if I move it independently from the player UI, then dismiss my pet, it moves back to the end of the player UI when resummoned.