PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report

Qualkeck
08-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Bloodmist Ogres DewStone Point in their encampment

If you are elevated above them it seems they go into a state of immune to any attacks until you drop back down. However when killing one of the quest mobs in there the mob went immune randomly and was able to kill me.

Any of the traveling carriages going from town to town

If i got close to them as they moved my toon would glitch and freeze then suddenly release showing the cart further ahead of me.

Great game was a surprise how much I enjoyed it thanks!
Qual

Qualkeck
08-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Forgot one when I went to take a screen shot it froze and shut itself down to desktop thanks!

Idoryn
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
The mobs go immune when they are stuck on part of the map, this is to prevent people luring them into areas where they will get stuck and not be able to deal damage. I think that is what was happening to you

Avenge
08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
The mobs go immune when they are stuck on part of the map, this is to prevent people luring them into areas where they will get stuck and not be able to deal damage. I think that is what was happening to you

Anti-exploits are good, this one is just coded poorly. To be more accurate, there are WAY too many terrain features that break mobs pathing and cause this to happen. It seems like 90% of the time you step onto uneven ground (beginnings of a rock incline, no matter how slight the angle) the dreaded [IMMUNE] pops up.

Funny thing is, because of the way the AE is coded the mob doesn't necessarily drop hate / break contact. This in itself creates an easy exploit.

Idoryn
08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Anti-exploits are good, this one is just coded poorly. To be more accurate, there are WAY too many terrain features that break mobs pathing and cause this to happen. It seems like 90% of the time you step onto uneven ground (beginnings of a rock incline, no matter how slight the angle) the dreaded [IMMUNE] pops up.

Funny thing is, because of the way the AE is coded the mob doesn't necessarily drop hate / break contact. This in itself creates an easy exploit.

I think I might have not encountered this much because I was playing melee, if I was a ranged character I might have seen it in action more.
Tho I don't understand what you mean with the

because of the way the AE is coded the mob doesn't necessarily drop hate / break contact. This in itself creates an easy exploit.

Qualkeck
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
This was not the finding of an exploit i would hardly go up the hill that the mob was next to, really any bit of incline triggered it and it didn't go immune and reset it was immune and continued to hit me.

Zepher
08-05-2014, 02:07 PM
They went Immune to my damage randomly. Well Due to my class build, I was able to avoid death but they drain my hp nevertheless. BTW Luring enemies to favorable position is a kind of strategy that soloers do. especially those who specialize in ranged combat. However in this case, even if i stood there next to the monster the whole time, they still went immune.