PDA

View Full Version : The SUNny side of things.

SinatraSUN
09-28-2015, 02:01 AM
Didnt really wanna post anything, but with all the hate from Iron and the "Sun is to ashamed to post" thing going on, then i guess a post from those who were actually involved is in order.

First of all i think people should chill a bit, and look at the game from different guilds perspective.
Iron is without a doubt the biggest, the only and main factor large scale pvp on east - we are not even disputing that fact for a second.
If all of SUN stood in a arena against all of Iron for a standoff - we would lose every single fight.

But should that mean that we by accepting that, should just keep from playing the game ?.

We are a small scale pvp guild, with a pretty high average skill and gear level. Obviously we want to find our fun in the game, and this includes using the new dominion feature.

Our only chance to pull this off against someone as strong as Iron is to do full scale coordinated hit and run tactics, as we would lose the war the moment Iron would catch us.

So here are the events from our perspective:

We start by declaring dominion and killing 4 Irons in Caernord, and then the tactic was to run north and wait outside to move back in for a second sweep.
Then things ♥♥♥♥ up due to 2 things.
1. only me and one other runs north, while the rest follows AJZ who in all his awesomeness forgot the difference between north and south.
2. Iron has unseen powers, and the guards start attacking our members which is a major disaster for the plans as we are now split up.

We get some deaths, and then for the next 40 minutes we move as one group through most zones looking for Irons, Ynistere, Rookborne, Villanelle, silent forest, Halcyona, perinoor ruins, diamond shores and tigerspine mountains.

This was under a significant amount of adrenaline, as we knew that Iron was gathered in one big group, with scouts out looking for us - and we knew that the moment they would find us we would lose.
It got close several times, one of which we ported in right next to a portal from truebanana - so a matter of seconds.

We were out running the 42 minutes, and finally we went to Mirage the last 18 minutes, hoping noone would log on and die making it a tie.

We found it fun, and a great challenge using ingame content, and much to our surprise Iron got really really mad - as in super mad.
We got all kinds of threats, and now Iron will start destroying all faction events like Abyssal, GR and CR - which is totally unnecesary and seems to me has nothing to do with us, but everything with the fact that they get mad because Tortuga teases them.
We are a small fly compared to Irons huge numbers, so we had our fun being the small mosquito who hits the mark - and then instead of laughing it off, Iron goes full emo on this - for reasons i dont understand at this point.

We then move towards West to attack West's GR raid, and then in halcy we meet Thrag and friends with a Merchant ship full of packs - and considering how much Thrag had thrashed us in faction chat (and that Iron had taken i think 2 merchant ships from SUN in the morning), we repayed that score by killing them and taking their ship and packs moving towards villanelle.
Pretty fast all of iron was there, ready to (propably) declare war on us, roll us with their overwhelming numbers and take the packs back - so to counter that we bought a peace treaty so we could offload the packs with all of iron fuming of rage next to us. Including 10v1'ing us in diamond shores while shouting "you will never be able to play the game again" , " we will make you quit the game", and all other kinds of teenage rage stuff. - weird weird weird.

That was what happened, and we had some action - and i really dont get why Iron is so angry - Everyone knows they are the strongest guild, we are not contesting that at all.

And now we will see how it plays out with Iron wanting to disrupt all future faction events due to this. Personally i think the strongest guild should have some balls, and just laugh it off - and move on instead of being so insanely mad for something so insignificant.
It does make Iron seem a bit unworthy of being the main force of the east when they go into a full emo-teen rage just because someone else has a bit of fun.

It seems like Iron is allowed to kill own faction, and kill us and take our packs and ships etc, but the moment we do the same against them then they go all mental.

Really really weird, but we will see how it plays out the coming days.

As for Iron making SUN disband now, then i doubt it. We are a PVP guild who have played all full loot mmo's ever, in much much harsher environments than Archeage, and so far we have lastet 17 years - and obviously Iron cannot carry out their threats so why do it in the first place ?.

It makes sense to collaborate on faction objectives, and SUN will not take part in destroying faction events. If iron will carry on hurting the faction just for a little hurt pride then we take it from there, but we will not actively destroy faction events.

We are small, but very strong for our size - and as Dalai Llama said "If you think you think you are to small to make a difference, then try sleeping in a room with a Mosquito".

Maybe Iron would prefer just having everyone in the Faction either in Iron or constantly beding over to do their bidding, but thats just not how it works.

And if IRon would want respect from the faction, then maybe they should start showing that they deserve it - after all they are the main force we would like to follow in faction events and fighting pirates/west, but they really shouldnt get so emo when something doesnt go exactly as they want it.

With love

Frank Sinatra
Guildmaster of SUN
Throwing Craphands since 1873.
/Frank

Lintashi
09-28-2015, 02:21 AM
I just wanna say first , that I am not from Iron, Sun, or any big guild, but I've been in Dahuta since it launched, and I just enjoy reading all the drama in faction chat. I do not approve Iron's thrashing in chat, as well as threats for GR and CR , but your logic is very strange - In the last few weeks I heard that you have some kind of alliance with Irons, something like not attacking each other. Then you declare war on unsuspecting guild, kill 4 ppl in Caernord (most likely afk) Then you run away. According to you, your raid was looking for Iron, and in the next sentence "we knew that the moment they would find us we would lose" and "we went to Mirage the last 18 minutes, hoping noone would log on and die making it a tie". Logic? Either you were not looking for them but rather running and hiding from them, or you have very strange definitions of PVP that includes killin afkers and hiding in mirage for half of war time. Afterwards, you kill Thrag, outside of Dominion, and then you say that they are wrong to declare war to you? Logic?

Slakman
09-28-2015, 02:55 AM
Reading comprehension. When did we stop teaching that in school?

What Frank said:
- 40 vs 15 face-off is silly - hence guerilla tactics (hit and run)
- we went looking for IRON that were not in their main force (which worked - we got a kill in vilanelle)
- we have no issue with War against us - but threats against ruining faction events (GR/CR/whatever)
- why the 16yo emo rage? Why not 'GG we'll get you later'
- where did Frank say that 'they are wrong to declare war to you?'

SinatraSUN
09-28-2015, 02:57 AM
Hi Lintashi,

That is easy to answer, and i think the main problem is that you probably dont know what you are talking about, so lets take them one by one.

You write:
"In the last few weeks I heard that you have some kind of alliance with Irons, something like not attacking each other."
That is first of all not true, and if you had actually read what i wrote then i write that the same Morning Iron had overtaken 2 full merchant ships from SUN, which given your logic means that they attacked us first.
What we have done is to work together as a faction, in faction related events - but not outside of that, which Irons 2 attacks no SUN just yesterday morning clearly shows. So by default you have "heard" wrong.

you write:
"Either you were not looking for them but rather running and hiding from them"
This obviously shows that you dont know the dominion rules in ARcheage. We need 10 kills, and we had 7 or 8 kills after visiting Austera and Caernord - which means we in fact were running around trying to find Irons, without their main force finding us. So again you are wrong because you dont know the game.

Lastly you write:
"and then you say that they are wrong to declare war to you? Logic? "
I didnt say or write that. I think they should declare all the dominion wars on us they feel like, and they should attack us as they please for the next hundred years if thats what they want.
What i dont think they should do is to destroy the faction events, as this will hurt our faction as a whole - and we have plenty on our table with a increasingly stronger west, and a humongdous pirate zerg who could probably kill east and west combined.
It should be faction wars first, local second - and making the whole faction bleed is just stupid.

I could also turn it around stating:
Sunday morning Iron overtook 2 SUN merchant ships, and as a retaliation for that we fought a dominion war, and took one merchant back.

But we dont count like that, and Iron and SUN has allways fought each other, (and by doing that we also become stronger as a faction skillwise) - just not in faction events as this hurts the faction itself.

Actually i dont get your response as you are factually wrong in every statement.

SinatraSUN
09-28-2015, 03:14 AM
As a sidenote i might add that the problem in this is that a war starts immediatly.

If it was declared and then 15 minutes or whatever until the war goes live it would make a lot more sense.

/Frank

TeaJizzle
09-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Plenty of decent guys in IRON but something about the guild tag reverts them all back to angsty teenagers.

"You won a war against us so we're going to PK you at all events" is exactly how I'd expect them to react.

IRON is a cancerous guild and needs to hurry up and split so a real east guild can get some players.

Until then, SUN and others should stop taking IRON's ♥♥♥♥ and just go full PK on them back, they have the numbers but they'll soon drop when their carebears leave because they're sick of getting ganked for packs.

Also, well played to SUN. It's a win and well deserved no matter what excuses iron throw at you.

FatalFart
09-28-2015, 08:25 AM
@SUN, Well played guys, its the victory that counts!

Also, if I remember correctly, when Iron had their dominion against Navarchy, we attacked both sides to make a 3-way fight on Diamond shores, and guess what happened?

Iron did not attack their dominion enemy guild, but instead teamed up with them to fight the pirates, during their dominion time.

So, yea lets not buy any of the "moral" stuff from Iron xD

And as far as threatening the faction events is concerned, you guys can simply attack Red Dragon attempts. Pirates might even help you in it xD

Dyrean
09-28-2015, 09:19 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/bSllM1kdw7C7e/200_s.gif

KRAANIMAL
09-28-2015, 11:00 AM
HAHA this is golden.

Typical IRON - Nice PR for you boyos.

Domux
09-28-2015, 11:51 AM
GG Iron

Frank we only lost one tradeship and we managed to get it back. :cool:

CptNemo
09-29-2015, 09:32 AM
These threats from IRON... They are green "pirate" guild for a long time anyway, what's the point?

Olumis
09-30-2015, 01:44 AM
Me and my mates were discussing about this when SUN declared another War against Outlanders. We assumed they did the 'hit and run like headless chickens' technique again and concluded that it is a valid tactic to win a war, albeit a pretty desperate one.

IRON going mad against SUN and the faction? Is just a normal cause and consequences part of game too. I see nothing wrong in them wanting to destroy the faction for SUN's actions.

Therefore, I consider this thread as trivial and a non-crucial.

Franky opened up the pandora box and now must face it like a real pixel-warrior. It is part of the game. No crying for sympathy now.

SinatraSUN
09-30-2015, 02:08 AM
I have no idea who you are, but you are most likely not on east faction.

Anyways, as for the war against Outlanders then it was done in a mannered way, and we ended with a couple of nice large fights where both sides was mannered and at least seemed to have some fun - which it is really all about.

As for our situation wit Iron, then the faction events havent been hurt, but i have no doubt that Iron will be gunning for us which obviously is perfectly fine.

I think faction based dominion wars is both a cool addition, but also a way for all of us to become sharper and better ultimately making our faction stronger.

We have been the attackers the last 2 rounds which is very much in our advantage even if our numbers are vastly smaller - soon we are likely to be the ones getting attacked and then the tables will likely turn.

We dont like fighting 10v50 in a standard force against force battle - but besides that we are a pvp guild so any kind of pvp related event is what makes this game fun for us, and the moment you level your guild to 3 , is the moment you accept this as part of the game.

good times.

Thrag
10-02-2015, 03:47 AM
SUN won by roaming with small group, which is harder to find than a bigger one, right? Killed a few afk ppl and jumped into mirage. Guerilla tactics are fine, but don't qq when ppl hate you for it..

IRON got mad, yes, due to not getting a chance to fight back. It was frustrating since the reason you declared dominion was to try take a merch in safezone. Don't you get that we wanted 'revenge'? Not a 1 hour cat and mouse chase to find you guys porting mirage once you found your 10th afk'er...

Btw, pking sun wouldn't destroy events for faction... only for your so called small guild. Not long ago you chose yourself to work against (destroy?) your own faction for Abyssal packs and Morpheus kill. Please, you're the last that should talk about it.

Things are now settled untill the next drama. See you guys and your packs soon :)

PS: Tell your members not to ♥♥♥♥ talk me in whisper when someone else grabbed my merchant ship that I was yolo'ing. Butthurt for months or not, keep it to yourself or I will pk that person despite event and a non spoken 'truce'.

SinatraSUN
10-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Hi Thrag,

Im not really sure what you are trying to say here, but im assuming that you are speaking about yourself and not on behalf of iron as a whole.

To understand this correctly, does your post mean that if i send some provoking tells to you , then you will start flagging and attacking me at Cr events ?

Because i would like to see that. I am not really a thrashtalker by nature, so cant we just pretend that i have thrashtalked you (your mother is a hamster or something like that), and then for now on you flag and attack me at faction events ?

And of all the guilds on the server to complain about getting thrashtalked, then you honestly made my day - if you want i suggest we do a public folio of thrashtalks that Iron have received from SUN and vice versa , we have some pretty good ones.

Anyways, from now on i fully expect you to flag and attack me any time you see me - i will have shadowplay running so we can have some laughs afterwards. (your mother is a hamster - remember).

Lets see what you actually can do when you are not carried by your skilled guildies.

your mother is a hamster !!

with love
/Frank

Thrag
10-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Im not really sure what you are trying to say here, but im assuming that you are speaking about yourself and not on behalf of iron as a whole.
And of all the guilds on the server to complain about getting thrashtalked, then you honestly made my day - if you want i suggest we do a public folio of thrashtalks that Iron have received from SUN and vice versa , we have some pretty good ones.

I don't know if you know me but prior to joining IRON, I had been fighting them for months, don't lecture me about them ;)

On a side note I'm sick to death with ppl and their holy cr/gr carebear events. They were supposed to be pvp events, not a daily hand out of afk honor. I'm not the kind to disrupt any of these, but if a person wants to act big and be insulting, then that person can't complain afterwards for getting what he deserves.. event or not. You haven't been a flaming kid, so don't worry about your PvE honor events. :rolleyes:

Offski
10-04-2015, 01:56 PM
I can't be arsed reading all of this, we all know the dominion thing is a bit skewed.

But we have to say GG to SUN they saw an opportunity they took it. Do we really expect them to come out as a group and fight a larger guild? Be a bit daft.

So say gg and move on. All the rage, ♥♥♥♥ talk etc we are all guilty of is a bit pointless.

bobswagger
10-04-2015, 03:54 PM
I can't be arsed reading all of this, we all know the dominion thing is a bit skewed.

But we have to say GG to SUN they saw an opportunity they took it. Do we really expect them to come out as a group and fight a larger guild? Be a bit daft.

So say gg and move on. All the rage, ♥♥♥♥ talk etc we are all guilty of is a bit pointless.

Words of a real leader! (are you writing this down Zona? You might learn a thing or 2 )

Slakman
10-21-2015, 02:47 AM
Gg sun!

Drake Luso
11-02-2015, 05:03 AM
An i thougt that all that drama was because sun had been licking tortuga boots... Dahuta at this rate needs a daylie newspaper.. :D

Domux
11-02-2015, 06:21 AM
An i thougt that all that drama was because sun had been licking tortuga boots... Dahuta at this rate needs a daylie newspaper.. :D

Fail troll. Next time try and be funny!

Parsifal
11-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Metatrone VOTF alliance did the same to Fury once upon a time. Metatrone declared peace after we kept our guerilla tactics up and took 3 of their 5 tradeships in sanddeep while votf had to port in to save the last 2 ships and pick up some scraps. VOTF paid dearly for their failed interventionconsidering they lost kraken to East-alliance because of it after a long standoff. At the beginning of the war they claimed we would quit, but in fact at the end of the war VOTF did quit and metatrone lost the war they declared themselves. Just keep up the good fight enjoy the pvp and hit N run against a bigger opponent isn't cowardice it's a winning tactic!

Syluen
11-24-2015, 02:41 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/cb/cb/69cbcb2c4a45abce7721860d265300e2.jpg
#SaveDahuta