PDA

View Full Version : Returning player looking for a home

Blazing
10-02-2015, 11:02 PM
I've been playing since open beta and I've left around before auroria's release when the hacks and bots were strong and the economy was in shambles(inflated alot now apparently)

and I'm trying to get back at the game, since the gold I have now(which was quite a bit back then) is not worth much, I'm looking for a guild that will do traderuns/fishing trips and alike so I could build my self back up and become good as I was back then(where I could actually kill people)

I'm level 51 atm with 7/10 specs at level 50(all except Battle rage, occultism and defence, so endgame if other classes than DPS will be needed I could help out).

Note that I'm broke and my only "good" source of income would be fishing(35k fishing).

DiBBz
10-04-2015, 10:53 PM
i know the struggle man.. tho i all ready had 3 apex's redeemed on my account before quitting about 2-3 months into Open beta... so i know the struggle!

first off... if you want to maximize gold income you are going to have to change and adapt to a new play-style (because i assume you dont have apex!

first off, can i ask witch faction you play in ?

cause the guild im in right now is a casual layed back guild that can sometimes become serious... all depending on the mood really, tho TS is required if you wish to participate in parties / raids.. (Just a disclaimer)

if youre all ready in a guild etc... then my advice would be to partake in as much daily events as possible. accumulate honor points. partake in abyssal. and if your fishing skill is high enough, you can go back to fishing for money. as its still a viable way to earn it..

sooner or later you will have 630g in no time.. and when you finally get patron again. make sure you have a couple alts and a character on (preferably the new US server : Morpheus)

eva13
10-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Hello :)
If you haven't found home yet, join kawaii :) we do really a lot of fishing :)

We have quite a lot of returning players :)

Blazing
10-05-2015, 05:23 AM
i know the struggle man.. tho i all ready had 3 apex's redeemed on my account before quitting about 2-3 months into Open beta... so i know the struggle!

first off... if you want to maximize gold income you are going to have to change and adapt to a new play-style (because i assume you dont have apex!

first off, can i ask witch faction you play in ?

cause the guild im in right now is a casual layed back guild that can sometimes become serious... all depending on the mood really, tho TS is required if you wish to participate in parties / raids.. (Just a disclaimer)

if youre all ready in a guild etc... then my advice would be to partake in as much daily events as possible. accumulate honor points. partake in abyssal. and if your fishing skill is high enough, you can go back to fishing for money. as its still a viable way to earn it..

sooner or later you will have 630g in no time.. and when you finally get patron again. make sure you have a couple alts and a character on (preferably the new US server : Morpheus)
I'm on the Nuian faction, and my fishing skill is at 35k.

I've managed to sell some stuff off and got 85g now(not that it will help incredibly)

I've joined a guild that seemed casual(through guild browser) but it doesn't seem like they're active event-wise(doing trade runs, fishing trips, raids etc)

I still got the compesation package from Trion for the outage from a while back so that has 5 days patron and some other benefits to it.

I'm considering changing classes to a dark runner, but considering my Battlerage is level 10 I might have to start over at a new server(rangora maybe? less harsh economy for returning players perhaps?) or use all I have to craft up the levels(compensation package has 15 worker pots that are bound and I have like 3 vocation tonics left from before I quit).

I can't seem to remember the controls all too well and the keys are difficult for me atm, so starting from scratch(as painful as it is for me with all the time I put in and irl cash on credits and patron) might be the option I'll have to take.

Untouchable
10-05-2015, 06:34 AM
If you wanna play and enjoy this game skip Dibbz guild like a plague, no matter what, its the worst option possible in the earth.
Actually you would prolly enjoy more by starting over on one of the newer servers, but thats about your playtime and contacts.

DiBBz
10-05-2015, 10:13 AM
If you wanna play and enjoy this game skip Dibbz guild like a plague, no matter what, its the worst option possible in the earth.
Actually you would prolly enjoy more by starting over on one of the newer servers, but thats about your playtime and contacts.

well thats not very nice...

i could say the exact same thing to so many other guilds that he could potentially join. but i dont because whoever they join, they joined for a reason. either way youre going to be guild hopping a coupe times to find the perfect guild to stick with...

i dunno why you ask him to avoid our guild like a "Plauge" that just shows you clearly know nothing about dark Reavers.

as for OP...

you have two options.. you either stick to the character your on now on kyprosa and keep working to achieve what it is you want to achieve.

or you actually take some of untouchable's advice and switch to a different server with IMHO wont change much of a thing because majority of people are in the same situation as alot of people on other older servers like kyprosa... either way taking both options is going to be very hard none the less.

remember AA is all about being patient and taking your time... you cant accomplish certain feats within a days time.

Blazing
10-08-2015, 10:48 AM
well thats not very nice...

i could say the exact same thing to so many other guilds that he could potentially join. but i dont because whoever they join, they joined for a reason. either way youre going to be guild hopping a coupe times to find the perfect guild to stick with...

i dunno why you ask him to avoid our guild like a "Plauge" that just shows you clearly know nothing about dark Reavers.

as for OP...

you have two options.. you either stick to the character your on now on kyprosa and keep working to achieve what it is you want to achieve.

or you actually take some of untouchable's advice and switch to a different server with IMHO wont change much of a thing because majority of people are in the same situation as alot of people on other older servers like kyprosa... either way taking both options is going to be very hard none the less.

remember AA is all about being patient and taking your time... you cant accomplish certain feats within a days time.

I'm going to start a new at Rangora, prices seem better there(150 g for apex vs 650 in kypro)

and in general I guess I should start from 0 to re learn the controls, I probably won't buy patron either way though, it's too expensive for it's worth in my time.

thanks anyways.