PDA

View Full Version : Mount Path finding Bug

Downfall
08-05-2014, 10:40 AM
There seems to be a bug which causes the path finding for mounts to get very confused and cause them to take very convoluted paths to get somewhere when in enclosed spaces.

The example i came across was in the Bloodmist Ogre camp in Dewstone plains. When i was in the cave at the back of the encampment that is full of iron ore veins, my (Snowlion) mount seemed to get stuck trying to run into walls or wanting to run further into the cave even though it was set to follow me and i was stationary.

This may be because the 'border' between the floor and the walls of the cave itself are curved so the path finding isn't sure where the floor ends and the wall begins.

The issue occurred about 3 times in the cave with my mount trying to run up the wall twice and pathing itself towards the end of the cave (causing the mobs to aggro along the way) once.

Not really a major issue (probably a 1 on a scale of 5) but thought it would be best to report it.

My system specs, for what relevance they have :) :

RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: nVidia GTX 670
Router: BT Home Hub 3.0

Sionth
08-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Just updating this report.

This appears to affect battle pets as well. I just was doing some quests in Villanelle and in Seven Bridges I noticed my sabrefang cat start bounding off into the ocean when I went up onto the house docks. It's not a one-off thing, it's consistently each time I go onto the docks. I'll post a video link later if I can find some good software.