PDA

View Full Version : Singing with a sword?

Minstrel
04-13-2014, 08:16 PM
So to sum it up, I was wondering if it's possible to make a melee class work with one of the trees being songcraft? Not looking to be the best just efficient.

Baron Zemo
04-13-2014, 09:37 PM
It's possible yea, you can make it work a build for ex: Battlerage/Archery/Songcraft has great attack, strong buffs if that's the type you are looking for

Noah
04-13-2014, 09:43 PM
In this game everything is possible !

Minstrel
you could use archery with a sword?

Fook
Depends; your spells from the Songcraft tree will be stronger if whatever weapon you choose has intelligence on it, or better yet; spell power. Maces I believe have innate intelligence stats, so do some halberds and spears. Of course, spells will do more damage if you use wands or staffs since they have spell power bonuses attached to them, but you won't be missing out on too much if you use a mace, or a sword.

shadole
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
it sounds like it would be really good, being able to buff your self, and healing.

Fook
04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
you could use archery with a sword?

Yes, you can have archery and use a sword; you have '2 sets' of weapons. An archer can have a bow as well as a melee weapon equipped. An archer can even have a sword and shield if he chooses to do so. As you use skills that require a bow, your character automatically switches to the bow. Same goes for skills that require melee; your character will automatically use the melee weapon, so long as you have it equipped.

For clarity, you can have both a bow and melee weapon equipped, no matter what skill tree's you choose. Even if you dont use a bow, it would be nice to have one equipped because it still provides stats for you.

Nickyan
04-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Can you even use melee skills when reciting a song? I was told that other than Artistry skills cancel the songs.

Skitzey
04-14-2014, 02:19 AM
You might chop your tongue off. Or something else that is very valuable to you. hahah

Josh the Wizard
04-14-2014, 03:07 AM
The amount of combinations is OVER 9000!
~

Actually there are 120 different classes.

Frankelot
04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Can you even use melee skills when reciting a song? I was told that other than Artistry skills cancel the songs.

I would assume, the "cancelling buff" refers to the 15 seconds channeling it, not the remaining duration of the buff.
As I understand the Songcraft buffs can be channeled for 15 seconds, growing stronger in effect over those 15 seconds, after the channeling (or when channeling is canceled prematurely) the remaining duration of the buff itself (5 seconds or 15 with the passive upgrade I think) should still last for some fighting time for yourself, at least I hope.

Striefer
04-16-2014, 08:01 AM
So how do the songs work? Am I able to hit and forget all of the songs together? Can I only channel one at a time? Can I cast other spells or attack while the song is being played?
Sorry I am new but couldn't find a clear answer on this. I am trying to make a Sorc/Conj/Art character and it will depend on how the songs work.

Striefer
04-16-2014, 08:56 AM
One more quick question, am I able to use a shield and 1h wand? (thinking protection with a caster)

VMBarbosa
04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
One more quick question, am I able to use a shield and 1h wand? (thinking protection with a caster)

Yep! There can use a shield and a 1h wand at the same time.

VMBarbosa
04-16-2014, 09:09 AM
So how do the songs work? Am I able to hit and forget all of the songs together? Can I only channel one at a time? Can I cast other spells or attack while the song is being played?
Sorry I am new but couldn't find a clear answer on this. I am trying to make a Sorc/Conj/Art character and it will depend on how the songs work.

And no you can't cast other spells or attacks while a song is being played and you can only play one song at a time.

Striefer
04-16-2014, 10:48 AM
And no you can't cast other spells or attacks while a song is being played and you can only play one song at a time.

Thanks for the response! That certainly puts a damper on my ideas. I am trying to figure out what a rotation would look like for a Sorc/Art/Conj (http://arche-base.com/builds/edit/926#7.9.2/0G2v3BCvSg2K). It would be a pvp dps build that uses crowd control and the combos from art as well.

Striefer
04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Yep! There can use a shield and a 1h wand at the same time.

Interesting! I haven't seen any shield caster builds yet.

Acolerd
04-20-2014, 03:20 PM
http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1159-#1.3.9/TB6KHt3KSgUK

Rhythmless
04-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Thats pretty cool lol